PDA

View Full Version : Would Dirk entertain a trade?

Ty Fast
07-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Do you think he would wave his no trade clause and allow the Mavs to go into a full blown rebuild mode?

Muttman73
07-09-2015, 05:01 PM
He should, just not to Cleveland

ichitownclowni
07-09-2015, 05:02 PM
No

Dade County
07-09-2015, 05:20 PM
It some crazy way, I can see him being traded to Miami.

He's lost a Final's against (Wade went to the line 97 times) them, and was given a ring another time (Lbj following orders).

He would come off the bench though; but he would fit into the offense that Spo wants to play; and with Whiteside taking care of the paint; Dirk just has to hit shots.

But yeah, we have nothing to offer.

LakersIn5
07-09-2015, 05:21 PM
I think cuban trades him to the clippers

Rivera
07-09-2015, 05:24 PM
I see the grizz as a great fit for dirk. He could put them over the top. Just don't know what Memphis has to deal

Okc would be a great fit as well as Houston

FOXHOUND
07-09-2015, 05:26 PM
I think cuban trades him to the clippers

:laugh2:

misteraday
07-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Do you think he would wave his no trade clause and allow the Mavs to go into a full blown rebuild mode?

Yes.

Trade him to Spurs. They need another power forward.

KnicksorBust
07-09-2015, 05:38 PM
I see the grizz as a great fit for dirk. He could put them over the top. Just don't know what Memphis has to deal

Okc would be a great fit as well as Houston

Those teams came to mind for me. Can't see him going from Dallas to Houston. The Wiz would work in the East but OKC is perfect.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Indy

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2015, 06:48 PM

He's lost a Final's against (Wade went to the line 97 times) them, and was given a ring another time (Lbj following orders).

He would come off the bench though; but he would fit into the offense that Spo wants to play; and with Whiteside taking care of the paint; Dirk just has to hit shots.

:laugh:

Migueldadon
07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
No. It's not like he's eating up cap space and I don't really think he cares that much about winning another one at this point in his career

Dade County
07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
:laugh:

I'm not joking... I'll never forget that.

R. Johnson#3
07-09-2015, 07:09 PM
He will go down with the ship.

InRoseWeTrust
07-09-2015, 07:13 PM

Right. LeBron was instructed to throw the series, there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll, and we never landed on the moon.

:drunk:

P.S.: OJ is also still searching for Nicole's killer.

Thumper 88
07-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Indy, OKC or blazers

cheetos185
07-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Send him to Lakers oh wait nvm

beasted86
07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
-100% chance he's traded to another Texas team.
-250% chance he's traded to the Miami

I could see maybe the Raptors and that's about it as far as teams Cuban might be willing to deal with and places Dirk would be willing to go.

Dade County
07-09-2015, 10:04 PM
-100% chance he's traded to another Texas team.
-250% chance he's traded to the Miami

I could see maybe the Raptors and that's about it as far as teams Cuban might be willing to deal with and places Dirk would be willing to go.

I actually can see him playing for the HEAT. It's like some crazy sports story come true lmao

sharqstealth
07-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Cuban could send him to GSW, CLE, SAS and prevent the Clippers from winning a championship!

goose15
07-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Pelicans.. Dirk and Davis would be sick

Chronz
07-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Right. LeBron was instructed to throw the series, there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll, and we never landed on the moon.

lol

well done sir, thats sarcasm done right

Tanakid777
07-09-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't think he would, but if he went to Cuban with the idea, he should call up Dan Gilbert or Sam Presti immediately.

Thumper 88
07-09-2015, 10:42 PM
I really hope dirk doesn't want to team up with Lebron..

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 11:30 PM

If you believe the JFK situation they told you then your opinion on anything is taken with a grain of salt

InRoseWeTrust
07-10-2015, 12:14 AM
If you believe the JFK situation they told you then your opinion on anything is taken with a grain of salt

Listen, I will grant you that it's a complicated assassination. But if you study it in depth, there's a very, very, very high chance it was a single gunman from the book depository. What is key to the situation is that the car they were riding in was specially configured, with the front passenger seat lowered and offset. Just saying bro.

InRoseWeTrust
07-10-2015, 12:14 AM
lol

:cheers:

mrblisterdundee
07-10-2015, 12:15 AM
I think he should. Dallas obviously isn't winning any titles with him and needs to totally rebuild. There are a few great fits for Dirk:

1. Cleveland Here's a contender Dirk could actually put over the top. He could pair well with either Tristan Thompson or Timofey Mozgov at center. Cleveland could bench him and play Mozgov and Thompson when they need more defense, and trot him out when they need an ice cold dagger.
2. Houston Yet another fringe contender Dirk could help put over the top. Imagine watching Dirk launch threes for Houston instead of Josh Smith. And Houston has the additional big men to bench Dirk when they need defense.
3. Chicago One of Chicago's weaknesses has always been shooting. Dirk would help immensely, while providing a nice mentor for Nikola Mirotic and, with Pau Gasol, comprising the greatest-ever collection of European big men on one team.

da ThRONe
07-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Listen, I will grant you that it's a complicated assassination. But if you study it in depth, there's a very, very, very high chance it was a single gunman from the book depository. What is key to the situation is that the car they were riding in was specially configured, with the front passenger seat lowered and offset. Just saying bro.

Not to get off the subject, but you can't possibly have done any research into that shooting if you are buying there's even a remote possibility Oswald gundown the president.

Getting back to Dirk. Ultimately I think competitors will want to compete at the highest levels. I can't see him enjoying a season of losing. So I'd assume Dirk would want to stay at first but could be talked into playing for a contender.

da ThRONe
07-10-2015, 11:14 AM
I really like Charlotte for Dirk. He can still be a main contributor on a team that's already better and deeper than last year.

YAALREADYKNO
07-10-2015, 11:17 AM
I really like Charlotte for Dirk. He can still be a main contributor on a team that's already better and deeper than last year.

They've gotten better but theyre not a threat to win anything so I doubt he'd wanna go there

Burkey3472
07-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Dallas should rebuild but they wont. My guess is they will keep Dirk until he finally retires in a few years. I can't imagine he would ask to be traded, he has been extremely loyal to that organization and he already has his ring.

da ThRONe
07-10-2015, 12:03 PM
They've gotten better but theyre not a threat to win anything so I doubt he'd wanna go there

I disagree injuries really hurt them last year. The year before that core group was a really good team. I think Walker/Gilchirst/Batum/Nowitzki/Jefferson is as good as any line up in the east that doesn't have LeBron on it.

Tony_Starks
07-10-2015, 12:21 PM
don't see Dirk as being the type to have to resort to tagging along with other younger superstars to get the easiest path to the Finals. He'll more than likely be one of the rare players to be a lifer with his team and have delivered them a ring.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Dirk isn't even very good anymore. I hope he stays a Mav and retires there.

Vee-Rex
07-10-2015, 12:35 PM
lol

Haha, +1

da ThRONe
07-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Not sure what the fascination is with players only playing for one team. I'll always think of Dirk as a Mav regardless. I can't see a competitor like Dirk going out on losing teams for the next two years. He's done plenty for that organization and a trade would allow him to compete until he retires. To me ever great should have that option.

InRoseWeTrust
07-10-2015, 01:13 PM
Not to get off the subject, but you can't possibly have done any research into that shooting if you are buying there's even a remote possibility Oswald gundown the president.

Getting back to Dirk. Ultimately I think competitors will want to compete at the highest levels. I can't see him enjoying a season of losing. So I'd assume Dirk would want to stay at first but could be talked into playing for a contender.

I've done a considerable amount of research on the subject, including a fairly substantial report during my undergraduate studies. Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. People need to get over it.

homestarunner93
07-10-2015, 01:19 PM
I've done a considerable amount of research on the subject, including a fairly substantial report during my undergraduate studies. Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. People need to get over it.

And I've done the same and come to the opposite conclusion. What's your point?

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 01:20 PM
don't see Dirk as being the type to have to resort to tagging along with other younger superstars to get the easiest path to the Finals. He'll more than likely be one of the rare players to be a lifer with his team and have delivered them a ring.

this is what makes it different. Players tend to not really care about hitching up later in their career to finally get one, if they already won it.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 01:21 PM

haha

2-ONE-5
07-10-2015, 01:31 PM

holy ****ing **** this is the post of the week

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 01:34 PM
holy ****ing **** this is the post of the week

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118883/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_22

2-ONE-5
07-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Dirk has his ring so i dont think he will try to chase another by teaming up with other stars, doesnt seem like something he would do. If he were to be traded I would hope he would pick a team like the Pelicans, Wizards, Pacers where he could make them a lot closer to contenders for a year or 2

YAALREADYKNO
07-10-2015, 02:03 PM
this is what makes it different. Players tend to not really care about hitching up later in their career to finally get one, if they already won it.

So he should leave to try and get another one

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 02:04 PM

nah. He won't I would imagine, unless the Mavs get a good offer of picks or youth that Cuban likes. Who is giving that for Dirk?

Tony_Starks
07-10-2015, 02:39 PM

From what he has said before playing his entire career in Dallas is a big deal to him.

Him, Kobe, Duncan, and D Wade are pretty much the last of that dying breed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Dirk $8.3M is pretty cheap. Heck Bucks could trade for him. Parker wont be ready till December. Plus with Ersan, Dudley, Zaza dealt we're a bit thin at back up PF now. Not sure what the Bucks would want to part with since our starters are our core. Probably could part with Mayo and Henson and a first. Make the Cavs sweat a little. But Giannis and Parker aren't ready yet for a championship. Maybe 2 more years where we push for second round of playoffs. MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Dirk, Monroe. Not to shabby.

InRoseWeTrust
07-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Dirk $8.3M is pretty cheap. Heck Bucks could trade for him. Parker wont be ready till December. Plus with Ersan, Dudley, Zaza dealt we're a bit thin at back up PF now. Not sure what the Bucks would want to part with since our starters are our core. Probably could part with Mayo and Henson and a first. Make the Cavs sweat a little. But Giannis and Parker aren't ready yet for a championship. Maybe 2 more years where we push for second round of playoffs. MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Dirk, Monroe. Not to shabby.

Has that been announced? You guys are going to be fun to watch healthy this year.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 05:01 PM
From what he has said before playing his entire career in Dallas is a big deal to him.

Him, Kobe, Duncan, and D Wade are pretty much the last of that dying breed.

well because their teams gave them chip help, and they won a chip early on. Players don't leave those situations really.

infernoscurse
07-10-2015, 07:52 PM
i heard that in past trade talks while both GMs come to meet in a room Dirk is known to bring out some mean card magic tricks and then juggle some pins that are burning with fire. pretty entertaining if you asked me