PDA

View Full Version : Kanter in Portland

Stunner
07-09-2015, 03:23 PM
@WojYahooNBA: OKC's Enes Kanter is in Portland, preparing to sign an offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Vonleah / Plum/ Davis / Leonard / Kanter they have some trade pieces

nickdymez
07-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Decent pickup

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Let's see if CheapKC comes through. We all know they don't like paying huge tax bills and Kanter at max would cost them 40 million in taxes alone.

xbrackattackx
07-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Why trade? That's a decent front court depth. And non of those guys will take shots from Lillard. And rebounds and putback are a couple of these guys mo's. And I believe all these guys are under 30. Maybe Davis is in his physical prime.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2015, 03:32 PM
OKC will match.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Why trade? That's a decent front court depth. And non of those guys will take shots from Lillard. And rebounds and putback are a couple of these guys mo's. And I believe all these guys are under 30. Maybe Davis is in his physical prime.

All those bigs aren't getting PT , not to mention they need serious wing depth . If you can get an all star talent damn near at SG or SF moving them you do it .

WITZ
07-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Coulda swore i read somewhere Kanter wanted the max lol if thats the case OKC probably getting him on a cheaper deal if they match.

valade16
07-09-2015, 03:42 PM
@WojYahooNBA: OKC's Enes Kanter is in Portland, preparing to sign an offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

As a Blazer fan I'm not really sure I like this. A max deal (if that is what we are paying him) is a ton for a guy who plays zero defense.

If true, then we will have spent $110 million on Kanter and Aminu.

Maybe it works, but generally that kind of money tied up to guys of Kanter and Aminu's ability don't win championships.

valade16
07-09-2015, 03:44 PM
All those bigs aren't getting PT , not to mention they need serious wing depth . If you can get an all star talent damn near at SG or SF moving them you do it .

We'd have:

Kanter / Plumlee / Kaman at C and Leonard / Vonleh / Davis at PF.

I imagine we would almost certainly trade some of them for wings or future picks.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 03:45 PM
We'd have:

Kanter / Plumlee / Kaman at C and Leonard / Vonleh / Davis at PF.

I imagine we would almost certainly trade some of them for wings or future picks.

Yup. That's Olshey's style. Acquire max assets, package them out later to break down clutter. He did it in CP3 trade.

bucketss
07-09-2015, 03:48 PM
okc will probably match but it would be funny to see them lose both harden and jackson for one year rentals.

LakersIn5
07-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Okc has to match and keep kanter.

valade16
07-09-2015, 03:54 PM
How humorous would it be if OKC matched and decided it was worth it to pay a massive luxury tax to pay Kanter yet decided to trade Harden because they didn't feel like he was worth it?

I think every single season OKC has gotten slightly worse from their finals run in terms of roster maneuvering. If you want to see how to slowly break up a potential dynasty, OKC is an excellent case study.

TrueFan420
07-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Okc has to match and keep kanter.
Yes they do but they might not.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 03:57 PM
@ChrisMannixSI: Portland probably has a pretty good idea what OKC has been willing to pay Enes Kanter, so expect a big/creative offer sheet from the Blazers

Scoots
07-09-2015, 03:58 PM
I hear NBA centers got a lot more valuable overnight ... particularly in northeast texas.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 03:58 PM
I hear NBA centers got a lot more valuable overnight ... particularly in northeast texas.

Duncan wants a word with you. He just settled for 5 mill a year and a pack of Cuban cigars :)

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
OKC restricted free agent Enes Kanter signing a four-year, $70M maximum contract offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo.

Lawl. Kantersanity!

Stunner
07-09-2015, 03:59 PM
@WojYahooNBA: OKC restricted free agent Enes Kanter signing a four-year, $70M maximum contract offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo.

@WojYahooNBA: Kanter offer sheet is expected to include a trade kicker too, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
OKC restricted free agent Enes Kanter signing a four-year, $70M maximum contract offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo.

Lawl. Kantersanity!

Bro stop stealing my thunder

Clippersfan86
LMAO Portland adding a 15 percent trade kicker to make contract more unlikely to be matched.

Chronz
WTF is Olshey doing? Guess hes better than nothing but at that price, just barely

Clippersfan86
Bro stop stealing my thunder

My bad my bad :p. It's all you bro. I just happened to be on Woj's page :cheers:

Stunner
07-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Lmaoo OKC shouldn't match this anyway , how can you tell your fans you went in to the tax for Kanter and not Harden ?

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Lmaoo OKC shouldn't match this anyway , how can you tell your fans you went in to the tax for Kanter and not Harden ?

Lucy... Ju got a lo of explainin to do!!!

Scoots
07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
How bad was Kanter's D? 4th from last in the NBA at rim-protection. His man shot 56.9% at the rim and he contested only 30.8% of the shots. Only Reggie Evans, Thad Young, and Boris Diaw did worse. That's BAD. Even is the worst projections nobody would expect Okafor to be close to that bad.

Kanter looked like he was trying with OKC, but even with Ibaka and Gobert around Kanter's D was pretty terrible.

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Scoots
07-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Lucy... Ju got a lo of explainin to do!!!

It's "splainin" :)

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 04:07 PM
It's "splainin" :)

Touche :)

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 04:08 PM
How bad was Kanter's D? 4th from last in the NBA at rim-protection. His man shot 56.9% at the rim and he contested only 30.8% of the shots. Only Reggie Evans, Thad Young, and Boris Diaw did worse. That's BAD. Even is the worst projections nobody would expect Okafor to be close to that bad.

Kanter looked like he was trying with OKC, but even with Ibaka and Gobert around Kanter's D was pretty terrible.

Honestly why would OKC match anyway when you have Adams contract coming up soon who's a superior fit? Adams is a legit double double type player who's a very nice defender.

ManningToTyree
07-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Holy **** lol. Okc can't match that.

Incoming "but the cap is going up" comments.

bucketss
07-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Lol durant gonna leave these cheap owners.

sens#11fan
07-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Honestly why would OKC match anyway when you have Adams contract coming up soon who's a superior fit? Adams is a legit double double type player who's a very nice defender.

My thoughts exactly. Kanter has a solid offensive game, however, he is a defensive liability. For ever basket he provides you, he'll give up 6 points. Don't get me wrong he would be a nice scorer off the bench, but I doubt he takes that role. Adams IMO has much more potential, as he has shown that he is a two way player. Mcgary has also shown a lot of promise, so loosing Kanter won't hurt too much. They already have enough scorers and I think Donovan will make it easier for Kd and Westy to get their shots.

Red_Pill
07-09-2015, 04:17 PM

He didn't get to play with Ibaka too much as Ibaka missed the final 18 games and Kanter only played 26 with OKC.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Would OKC do Taj and Snell for Morrow / Perry Jones and Novak ?

5ass
07-09-2015, 04:20 PM
WTF is this? Just roll with Leonard and Vonleh. Those two guys have so much potential. Leonard is ready for a break out season, and Vonleh is a great fit next to him. They should sign Biyombo, and just rebuild through the draft/trades.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 04:23 PM
WTF is this? Just roll with Leonard and Vonleh. Those two guys have so much potential. Leonard is ready for a break out season, and Vonleh is a great fit next to him. They should sign Biyombo, and just rebuild through the draft/trades.

Biyombo is a Raptor and Leonard has to go thru Kaman / Plum for PT even if they didn't have Kanter .

sens#11fan
07-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Would OKC do Taj and Snell for Morrow / Perry Jones and Novak ?

I wouldn't if i'm OKC, although Taj is a good two way player. Morrow's a deadly 3 point shooter and opens a lot of space for Kd and Westy

Lo Porto
07-09-2015, 04:27 PM
As a Jazz fan, I love this. Kanter is not worth that. Not even close.

So division rivals Portland overpays or OKC does. If OKC loses Kanter, they do lose a talent they can't replace on the open market. If OKC matches, they lose Ibaka, Russell, Durant or key support in the future.

Gander13SM
07-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Lol... this is funny. How many bigs are Portland getting to try and replace Aldridge? Their roster right now is like 3 guards and 5 bigs or something haha.

Stunner
07-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't if i'm OKC, although Taj is a good two way player. Morrow's a deadly 3 point shooter and opens a lot of space for Kd and Westy

Snell is also a young up and coming two way wing as well he shot 37% from the 3 last season . Would get just as many open looks as Morrow got with the added bonus of being a better defender . Snell is two inches taller and about 5 or 6 years younger .

OKC offense isn't the problem it's their defense

KB24PG16
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM
okc won't have to worry about luxury tax once durant and westy leave lol

cheetos185
07-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Let's see if CheapKC comes through. We all know they don't like paying huge tax bills and Kanter at max would cost them 40 million in taxes alone.
Even without Kanter they are still better than clips rofl.

Scoots
07-09-2015, 06:53 PM
He didn't get to play with Ibaka too much as Ibaka missed the final 18 games and Kanter only played 26 with OKC.

You are right, Kanter is actually a great defender and the numbers were misleading :)

Stunner
07-09-2015, 07:43 PM
@basketballtalk: Thunder GM Sam Presti says he plans to match max offer for Enes Kanter http://t.co/7xG7kacXho

bucketss
07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
@basketballtalk: Thunder GM Sam Presti says he plans to match max offer for Enes Kanter http://t.co/7xG7kacXho

lmao harden is probably thinking "what a *****! "

mrblisterdundee
07-10-2015, 12:19 AM
I feel like Kanter would create too much of a log jam at center, although I would trade Mason Plumlee before him. Regardless, Portland will at elast eat up Oklahoma City's cap room when the Thunder match his four-year, $70 million offer.

Clippersfan86
07-10-2015, 12:20 AM

How often have they said it and not before? Often a bluff. Remains to be seen.

WITZ
07-10-2015, 02:48 AM
lmao harden is probably thinking "what a *****! "

Exactly what i was thinking ok maxing out Kanter, but not Harden lol

Scoots
07-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Exactly what i was thinking ok maxing out Kanter, but not Harden lol

I know this keeps coming up the last month, but the cap then and the cap now are not the same and likely Harden understands that.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 04:29 PM
I see people mocking the "cap is going up" talk. It's important to remember that while it's being said a lot, it's all for players on different teams. It's not like all these players are going to one team. It's probably smart for each team to try and take advantage of it on a young player or two that might be overpaid now but with the new cap will be correctly or even under paid.

Scoots
07-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Kanter is making $1M more per year than Draymond Green and $12M more per year than Tim Duncan. That's a lot of scratch even relative to the future cap for a seriously flawed player.

Cal827
07-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Well, it's official now. OKC matched the offer for Kanter (at least via espn reports)

Clippersfan86
07-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Couldn't let him go for nothing. Can always trade him later. OKC finally willing to go into the luxury tax. But TBH I think they are better off starting Adams, who's a WAY better defender.

THE MTL
07-13-2015, 02:38 AM
I see people mocking the "cap is going up" talk. It's important to remember that while it's being said a lot, it's all for players on different teams. It's not like all these players are going to one team. It's probably smart for each team to try and take advantage of it on a young player or two that might be overpaid now but with the new cap will be correctly or even under paid.

I believe that these new contracts are already being given out based on the new cap.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-13-2015, 09:50 AM
Novak and PJ3 being shopped to trim capspace.

valade16
07-13-2015, 11:10 AM
As a Blazer fan I'm kind of relieved they matched. Kanter is very one dimensional to be the building block we'd have wanted him to be.

Olshey has now sent max offers to both Hibbert and Kanter that were matched. The Pacers ended up dumping Hibbert because he didn't live up to the money. I expect a similar thing will happen to Kanter.

Scoots
07-13-2015, 12:02 PM
As a Blazer fan I'm kind of relieved they matched. Kanter is very one dimensional to be the building block we'd have wanted him to be.

Olshey has now sent max offers to both Hibbert and Kanter that were matched. The Pacers ended up dumping Hibbert because he didn't live up to the money. I expect a similar thing will happen to Kanter.

The Warriors got DeAndre Jordan to sign an offer sheet the Clippers matched. I don't think the Warriors would be champs had they not matched.

valade16
07-13-2015, 02:25 PM
The Warriors got DeAndre Jordan to sign an offer sheet the Clippers matched. I don't think the Warriors would be champs had they not matched.

Whoever is making the Warriors decisions is a smarter basketball mind than I. Last season I was vehement that GS should have traded Lee and Klay for Love. Obviously I was extremely wrong lol

mngopher35
07-13-2015, 03:10 PM

I think it's better for you guys as well. You have gotten some nice younger pieces this off season to help rebuild around lilliard and this would have thrown away flexibility moving forward (for someone who is just decent overall). Vonleh, plumlee, and Leonard is plenty young talent in the front court right now (at probably under half the cost of kanter).

countrycasanova
07-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Kanter & Ibaka are a very good mixture. Adams is a luxury.