PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Green to Heat on 1yr VET Minumum

AllBall
07-09-2015, 09:35 AM

Love the pickup! HEAT needed more shooters.

This puts Chalmers, Napier and Ennis on the block.

HEAT President Pat Riley will be meeting with Amare Stoudamire today, which would put Birdman on the block.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 09:38 AM
:(. I wanted him on the Clips damn it. Freaking Riley.

Wade n Fade
07-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Riley does what he does. One does not question the Godfather. What a difference a year makes? Top contender for the EC on paper so far with more to come like Stat and Thornton to Miami!

Clippersfan86
07-09-2015, 09:42 AM
We needed our seal team 6 of Ballmer, Doc, Redick, Pierce, Griffin, Paul to lock Green inside of his house and bar the doors.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 09:43 AM
He stinks.

Why do all you heat fans capitalize every letter every time you type the name?

Avenged
07-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Lol. Championship!

J_M_B
07-09-2015, 09:46 AM
He stinks.

That's how the organization writes it lol

But yea I've always found it weird

beasted86
07-09-2015, 09:49 AM
He stinks.

Why are the Sixers still tanking?

beasted86
07-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Solid pickup for the minimum. Good depth player as long as you aren't relying on him.

If they sign Amare they would be capped at the roster limit of guaranteed contracts:

Dragic, Chalmers, Napier, Wade, Green, Zoran, Johnson, Deng, Winslow, Bosh, McRoberts, Haslem, Whiteside, Andersen, Amare

I'd expect a trade, but it would be nice of they just went all in with that roster and said to hell with luxury tax.

BKLYNpigeon
07-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Vet Minimum for a reason. Green has some terrible habits and will drive Riley and Splostra crazy.

Gerald Green is not Thread Worthy. lol.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Damn, nice signing. I was hoping the Knicks could pick him up.

AllBall

NYKnickFanatic
Solid pickup for the minimum. Good depth player as long as you aren't relying on him.

If they sign Amare they would be capped at the roster limit of guaranteed contracts:

Dragic, Chalmers, Napier, Wade, Green, Zoran, Johnson, Deng, Winslow, Bosh, McRoberts, Haslem, Whiteside, Andersen, Amare

I'd expect a trade, but it would be nice of they just went all in with that roster and said to hell with luxury tax.

Do you want Amare? Isn't he 'garbage'?

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2015, 10:00 AM
He stinks.

I always ask the same thing. No one gives an answer though.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 10:03 AM
That's how the organization writes it lol

But yea I've always found it weird

lol every team writes it that way. notice the tweet didnt capitalize all of the letters though.

Knick_Fever
07-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Can someone with some basketball knowledge explain why he only got the vet min?? I thought this guy was on the rise, posting several impressive stat lines throughout the year and was lights out from the 3. What are his issues?

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Why are the Sixers still tanking?

lol wow great answer. didnt expect much else anyway

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Can someone with some basketball knowledge explain why he only got the vet min?? I thought this guy was on the rise, posting several impressive stat lines throughout the year and was lights out from the 3. What are his issues?

his stat line decreased in every single category from the previous season, im sure thats part of it.

archdevil84
07-09-2015, 10:08 AM
nooooooooooo, not gerald green the cheeser. i hated that guy SO much on 2k13 myteam. he was like MJ on offense and EVERYBODY used him. god so annoying.
on a side note, i rarely type heat in capital letters

Dade County
07-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Well, he can run with the Dragon I guess.

I hope he can have a good year shooting from the 3.

ATX
07-09-2015, 10:30 AM
lol wow great answer. didnt expect much else anyway

What is your fascination with trolling?

Big Zo
07-09-2015, 10:33 AM

He's a Sixers fan. Misery loves company.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Dorell wright 2.0 but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't give him a shot.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 11:02 AM

it was a serious question. i see you cant answer it either though.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 11:02 AM
He's a Sixers fan. Misery loves company.

andddd still no answer.....

xbrackattackx
07-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Him and Dragic are mad tight. I bet he brought him in as terms for Dragons resign. Just like having Zoran on the roster. Riley knows how to bait people. So he can get a favor later. ;). Straight G.

ATX
07-09-2015, 11:09 AM

Not worth responding too, as all you're trying to do is bait as usual.

*Ignore list

Big Zo
07-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Because it annoys people like you. There.

xbrackattackx
07-09-2015, 11:16 AM

*Ignore list

Winslow doesn't even look like he's trying in summer league and still showing out. Riley got a goddamn still with him.

AllBall
07-09-2015, 11:20 AM

The answer was in post #7, stop your inceasive trolling.

beasted86
07-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Do you want Amare? Isn't he 'garbage'?

He's okay for the minimum if they are that much worried about the taxes, just going off the rumors.

But to be honest, no, not my preference. They had issues last year with Andersen injuries and they are looking at another old injury prone big man with a trade off of better offense for weaker defense.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 11:29 AM
The answer was in post #7, stop your inceasive trolling.

thats not answer though bucz like i said int he following post to it EVERY team capitalizes their name. why do all heat fans think they are getting trolled or hated on still? you should be happy bcuz this has got some discussion going since no one cares you signed Gerald Green to a min deal.

AllBall
07-09-2015, 11:42 AM
thats not answer though bucz like i said int he following post to it EVERY team capitalizes their name. why do all heat fans think they are getting trolled or hated on still? you should be happy bcuz this has got some discussion going since no one cares you signed Gerald Green to a min deal.

No, every team does not capitalize their name. The HEAT stylize their name as such in every official document and press release. See example below. If it's a pet peeve of yours, we don't care. Good day sir!

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/heat-signs-justise-winslow

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/150625_draftrussell

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 11:53 AM
lol every still capitalizes it as part of their logo and on jerseys. guess people in Miami just never learned proper grammar, maybe?

still dont get why you guys get so worked up over a simple question. i mean at least you gave a real answer (as ****** of one as it is) so theres that

Wade n Fade
07-09-2015, 11:56 AM
No, every team does not capitalize their name. The HEAT stylize their name as such in every official document and press release. See example below. If it's a pet peeve of yours, we don't care. Good day sir!

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/heat-signs-justise-winslow

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/150625_draftrussell

Eh, ignore the 76 Centres fan.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 12:07 PM

*Ignore list

Winslow doesn't even look like he's trying in summer league and still showing out. Riley got a goddamn still with him.

Yeah seriously, **** playing good. Why display any skill in the summer league.

Chronz
07-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Still have love for him and dorrell wright

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 12:17 PM
lol every still capitalizes it as part of their logo and on jerseys. guess people in Miami just never learned proper grammar, maybe?

still dont get why you guys get so worked up over a simple question. i mean at least you gave a real answer (as ****** of one as it is) so theres that

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
If you can't HANDLE the HEAT get out of the KITCHEN troll.

Haha

ATX
07-09-2015, 12:30 PM

What does it matter to you? Oh ya, just like to ***** and moan about anything HEAT related.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 12:33 PM
No one wants to hear about heat related news, in his defense.

You have to be the most often discussed lottery team of all time.

ATX
07-09-2015, 12:36 PM

You have to be the most often discussed lottery team of all time.

Then he shouldn't open the thread, ya?? Miami will be a top condender in the East this season. Not saying they can beat Cle, but they have as good or better a chance as any other team in the East.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm glad you think that. Maybe if you all weren't arrogant slippery Grease balls for no apparent reason people would be more willing to listen to your nonsense.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 12:39 PM
What does it matter to you? Oh ya, just like to ***** and moan about anything HEAT related.

i see it all the time and no one ever answered before, someone else said the same thing too. i was genuinely curious then you all got your panties in a bunch as usual.

ATX
07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm glad you think that. Maybe if you all weren't arrogant slippery Grease balls for no apparent reason people would be more willing to listen to your nonsense.

Haha

xbrackattackx
07-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah seriously, **** playing good. Why display any skill in the summer league.

He looks like a man among boys. Im not a heat fan in the slightest. But he has looked good.

greg_ory_2005
07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Regardless of flaws he may have, this is a damn good pick up for the minimum

IndyRealist
07-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Why does Gerald Green have 4 pages?

IndyRealist
07-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Oh i see.

_Supreme_
07-09-2015, 02:06 PM

Because somebody from Trolladelphia felt like wasting everybody's time for about two pages worth of posting space.

But I see you already saw ;)

TylerSL
07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
I love this pickup for the minimum. The guy has averaged 20+ PPG per 36 minutes each of the last two seasons and a career .368% 3-point shooter. He provides strong scoring off the bench and will be easily be able to slip into the starting lineup on nights when Wade needs rest. Green will also bring needed athleticism on the wing and all of a sudden Miami has good depth on the wing with Wade/Deng/Green/Winslow/Ennis. He will likely be our 6th man.

He's a journeyman as this will be his 8th NBA team in his 9th NBA season. Green's been all over the place and that brings it's own sort of veteran knowledge. He will be yet another veteran that can help Winslow, especially because Winslow will probably be on the court with him quite a bit. The more we make moves like this, the more I really like this team's chances next season.

Now if we could sign Boozer to the tax payer MLE and trade McRoberts or Chalmers for tax reasons rather than Birdman I'd be really happy. I know we're linked to Amare, but Boozer is better IMO.

Dragic/Johnson/Napier
Wade/Green/Richardson/Zoran
Deng/Winslow/Ennis
Bosh/Boozer/Haslem
Whiteside/Birdman

I'd be ecstatic about that team, although I would like to find a way to keep Willie Reed from our summer league, he's been amazing. I would say trade Zoran but for sentimental reasons I keep him, so maybe we either cut Richardson (non guaranteed contract) or trade Napier to keep Willie Reed.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Nice signing for the minimum.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Waaaaaaaaa.

My joke of a team looked just fine against your star studded maxed out crappy roster. You run your mouth and no one cares, I don't talk about my team at all who was comparable to yours in a lot of ways last season, amongst plenty of turmoil.

No one GAF about the HEAT.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Because somebody from Trolladelphia felt like wasting everybody's time for about two pages worth of posting space.

But I see you already saw ;)

or i asked a simple question and it took 3 pages to get a real answer bcuz heat fans are so sensitive and think everyone is trolling them

Big Zo
07-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Waaaaaaaaa.

My joke of a team looked just fine against your star studded maxed out crappy roster. You run your mouth and no one cares, I don't talk about my team at all who was comparable to yours in a lot of ways last season, amongst plenty of turmoil.

No one GAF about the HEAT.

You're in this thread = You care.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Philadelphia and Detroit are two piece of **** teams. The Sixers have been irrelevant for awhile and the same goes for the Pistons. Every thread that is Heat related MonroeFan and 2one5 or whatever come in and just start bashing lol. Your teams are a joke.

lol only heat related thing i bashed was Wade *****ing that he owed more money. But sorry our teams didnt have star players collude to come together to win us some rings to make us relevant again. I mean EC semis just 4 years back isnt that long ago but ya know whatever make your trash talk sound better.

Big Zo
07-09-2015, 03:33 PM
lol only heat related thing i bashed was Wade *****ing that he owed more money. But sorry our teams didnt have star players collude to come together to win us some rings to make us relevant again. I mean EC semis just 4 years back isnt that long ago but ya know whatever make your trash talk sound better.
Didn't the HEEEAAATTT wax the Sixers in the first round 4 years ago? I think you made it to the semis the year before. Either way, not a big accomplishment in the crappy east.

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Didn't the HEEEAAATTT wax the Sixers in the first round 4 years ago? I think you made it to the semis the year before. Either way, not a big accomplishment in the crappy east.

ohhh the IRONY

Big Zo
07-09-2015, 04:17 PM
ohhh the IRONY
Irony? It's not like I was bragging about beating that sorry Sixers team. Just pointing it out.

sixers247
07-09-2015, 04:38 PM
I love this pickup for the minimum. The guy has averaged 20+ PPG per 36 minutes each of the last two seasons and a career .368% 3-point shooter. He provides strong scoring off the bench and will be easily be able to slip into the starting lineup on nights when Wade needs rest. Green will also bring needed athleticism on the wing and all of a sudden Miami has good depth on the wing with Wade/Deng/Green/Winslow/Ennis. He will likely be our 6th man.

He's a journeyman as this will be his 8th NBA team in his 9th NBA season. Green's been all over the place and that brings it's own sort of veteran knowledge. He will be yet another veteran that can help Winslow, especially because Winslow will probably be on the court with him quite a bit. The more we make moves like this, the more I really like this team's chances next season.

Now if we could sign Boozer to the tax payer MLE and trade McRoberts or Chalmers for tax reasons rather than Birdman I'd be really happy. I know we're linked to Amare, but Boozer is better IMO.

Dragic/Johnson/Napier
Wade/Green/Richardson/Zoran
Deng/Winslow/Ennis
Bosh/Boozer/Haslem
Whiteside/Birdman

I'd be ecstatic about that team, although I would like to find a way to keep Willie Reed from our summer league, he's been amazing. I would say trade Zoran but for sentimental reasons I keep him, so maybe we either cut Richardson (non guaranteed contract) or trade Napier to keep Willie Reed.

Nets just signed him. He gone.

TylerSL
07-09-2015, 05:28 PM

Just saw, you are right. Disappointing. Nets stole a strong talent, good for him I guess.

naps
07-09-2015, 05:38 PM

What? What are you doing here then? There are plenty of threads to click on besides this. And I just came here from the Heat forum where I saw you post about the Heat while you're a pistons fan (or a Bucks fan now?). So yea, stop being a hypocrite. You care about the Heat, plenty as it seems.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 05:43 PM

EC semis lol. Great accomplishment.

Silent
07-09-2015, 05:54 PM
this team will be fun to run with in 2k16

2-ONE-5
07-09-2015, 06:03 PM
EC semis lol. Great accomplishment.

**** we were 1 damn Rondo 3 from facing you guys in the ECF. but anyway of course youse u missed the point of the response.

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
this team will be fun to run with in 2k16

Right lol. I love abusing people with Green on 2k15.

Free Gritz
07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Time to break out the O'Brien trophy

bucketss
07-09-2015, 06:21 PM
wow what a steal.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 06:33 PM

What? What are you doing here then? There are plenty of threads to click on besides this. And I just came here from the Heat forum where I saw you post about the Heat while you're a pistons fan (or a Bucks fan now?). So yea, stop being a hypocrite. You care about the Heat, plenty as it seems.

Oh it's just me having fun at this point. I'm amazed at how good you guys think that team can be.

But as far as the general board is concerned, in his defense, no, no one wants to hear about the Heat that much.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Whiteside is better than Drummond.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 06:41 PM
**** we were 1 damn Rondo 3 from facing you guys in the ECF. but anyway of course youse u missed the point of the response.

EC semis lol.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Lol.

Slug3
07-09-2015, 07:04 PM

so with that signing does he pretty much come off of Miami's summer league team? Or does he finish it out?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Laugh

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Whiteside will be a top 5 center in the league next year. Guarantee it.

TylerSL
07-09-2015, 07:27 PM
so with that signing does he pretty much come off of Miami's summer league team? Or does he finish it out?

He left the Summer League team, doubt we finish the season undefeated now. Easy decision for him, he got a guaranteed contract for $500,000 and apparently Miami wasn't going to guarantee him that kind of money. Good for him because his play got him an NBA contract, disappointing the Heat lose control of him in the process. I believe the NBA should change it where teams can keep control of their summer league/D-League players and make them sort of like a minor league system, like baseball. Reed deserves an NBA contract though.

naps
07-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Oh it's just me having fun at this point. I'm amazed at how good you guys think that team can be.

But as far as the general board is concerned, in his defense, no, no one wants to hear about the Heat that much.

It's sad that you are so desperate for fun that you have to other team's forum to troll and say here in the main forum that no one wants to hear about that same team. You think you know what other people want in an internet forum? Do you realize how pathetic this sounds like? Why don't you just ignore the Heat related threads if you really think you dont wanna hear about them and it gets under your skin so easily?

True Sports Fan
07-09-2015, 09:00 PM

And Wade is better than MJ?

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 09:05 PM

It's sad that you are so desperate for fun that you have to other team's forum to troll and say here in the main forum that no one wants to hear about that same team. You think you know what other people want in an internet forum? Do you realize how pathetic this sounds like? Why don't you just ignore the Heat related threads if you really think you dont wanna hear about them and it gets under your skin so easily?

Certainly not desperate for fun, and who is under who's skin exactly? It's sad that you guys think this is a title contending team. The idea that one of your fans thinks Whiteside is even close to being comparable to any top center in the league after playing 40 some odd career games is just baffling. Seriously, Wade whatever, are you 12?

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Check the stats and do your research on Whiteside then get back to me. The dude is going to be a monster next year. And no I'm not 12 but shouldn't I be the one asking you the same thing? Going into another teams forum to troll then trolling in every Heat related thread is pretty childish.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 09:19 PM
And Wade is better than MJ?

Yea that's what I said. Good job!

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Check the stats? That don't support your argument in anyway? Ok.

You gonna be ok buddy? :'-(

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Whiteside will be better then drum

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
The biggest sped of them all. You guys are like ginger kids, I swear.

bucketss
07-09-2015, 09:31 PM
EC semis lol.

we both know you would rather have drummond :eyebrow:

alexander_37
07-09-2015, 09:43 PM
All flash very little substance. Good signing at min but he's nothing more than scoring depth.

GiantsSwaGG
07-09-2015, 09:45 PM
6 pages for GERALD MOTHA****ING GREEN

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 09:50 PM
It's mostly trolling

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Drummond: 82 GP 82 GS 31 MPG 14 PPG 13.5 RPG 51% FG 39% FT 1.9 BPG 21.5 PER

Whiteside: 48 GP 32 GS 24 MPG 12 PPG 10 RPG 63% FG 50% FT 2.6 BPG (2nd in NBA) 26.26 PER (6th in NBA)

Whiteside played 7 less minutes and a lot of the games he played in he came of the bench in scrub minutes until we figured out he was a monster. I don't see how someone could honestly say he won't be a top center next year. He will be better than Drummond as a full time starter.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Check the stats? That don't support your argument in anyway? Ok.

You gonna be ok buddy? :'-(

No my feelings are hurt :'-(

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Dude I can find 40 game periods where Drummond absolutely ***** on those numbers. Why is that a target of yours? I was happy for you guys to have Whiteside, cut out this arrogant HEAT nonsense and let him decide his own destiny.

naps
07-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Certainly not desperate for fun, and who is under who's skin exactly? It's sad that you guys think this is a title contending team. The idea that one of your fans thinks Whiteside is even close to being comparable to any top center in the league after playing 40 some odd career games is just baffling. Seriously, Wade whatever, are you 12?

I didnt see anyone say Heat will be a title contender. They will be one of the top teams in the east if they dont get hit by injuries again. What's the big about it? Basically they are adding Bosh, MacRoberts, Winslow, Green, Dragic this year. Whiteside and Dragic came in during the middle of the season. None had time to really build up chemistry. All these guys going healthy into the preseason camp will make the team significantly better. Why are you so hurt about what the Heat fans are expecting from their team? It's not like your Bucks or Pistons who have been nowhere in past what like 10 years? Heat has been one of the best teams in past decade or so. Stop embarrassing yourself. If you dont care about them dont go into their forum to troll or dont click on their threads. Is it that tough?

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Dude I can find 40 game periods where Drummond absolutely ***** on those numbers. Why is that a target of yours? I was happy for you guys to have Whiteside, cut out this arrogant HEAT nonsense and let him decide his own destiny.

Go get Whitesides averages as a starter for 32 games and then find me Drummonds in a 32 game stretch that ***** on those numbers.

Silent
07-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Right lol. I love abusing people with Green on 2k15.

same

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 10:01 PM

Go get Whitesides averages as a starter for 32 games and then find me Drummonds in a 32 game stretch that ***** on those numbers.

Cousy said he's the closest thing to Bill Russell since Bill Russell. Go check his game logs from this year. His numbers are crazy.

Silent
07-09-2015, 10:05 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Per 36:

Drummond: 16 PPG 16 RPG 2 BPG

Whiteside: 18 PPG 15 RPG 4 BPG

Are you so sure Drummond is better than Whiteside?

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 10:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He made Noah his ***** too. 14 points 13 rebounds and 12 blocks in 24 minutes.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 10:12 PM
I'm on here stating facts and people just want to say lol and give no legitimate argument.

ManRam
07-09-2015, 10:17 PM
It's unquestionably a great signing. He might not be a great player, but in that role, and especially for a minimum salary, it's a great get. You rarely see better minimum signings from over-the-cap teams.

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Per 36:

Facts

Talk to theese people

He made Noah **** himself to lol

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 10:47 PM
He's never even been able to focus on improving his game in the off season

This is his 1st offseason working out , getting stronger and working on his moves

He's gonna be a savage

naps
07-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Per 36:

He wanted you to provide your argument and now he is pretending he didnt see it. You just made him your biotch just like CP3 made DJ his lol

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Per 36:

He wanted you to provide your argument and now he is pretending he didnt see it. You just made him your biotch just like CP3 made DJ his lol

Exactly lol

MonroeFAN
07-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Per 36:

Oh wow sorry because I have a life and aren't arguing per 36 stats, I am a biotch? There is one group of people here aren't laughing hysterically at the notion that he's better than Drummond, and it's heat fans. Drummond has months of near 20 & 20 averages and he was leading the middle for one of the hottest teams in the league until Jennings went down.

Everyone is really impressed by Whiteside, wtf do you feel the need to throw him down people's throats? The reasons he wasn't successful before he landed in Miami can be applied to anyone.

MonroeFAN
07-10-2015, 06:24 AM
Lol @ posting per 36 numbers and assuming you won anything. Post all star break Drummond averaged nearly 18 & 16, when I get into my office for the day I'd be happy to post the numbers. You'll ignore them, in favor of a 40 game serving size I'm sure.

Take a look around fellas, not a single non heat fan has supported any of these crazy ideas.

Fowl Rick
07-10-2015, 06:43 AM
So Green to the Heat eh…

Off topic much? GTFO here numbers nerds. Don't mean shiat you calculating crackpots. Right now Drummond is easily better. After next season spark up the debate again, nothing matters right now until they each get another season under their belts to add to the debate. Until then aren't we supposed to be talking about Green? Great pickup, always nice having a potential 20-30 point threat off the bench on any given night. Wade will appreciate the rest on nights Green gets it going

WaDe03
07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
If you had a life you wouldn't come troll in the Heat forum or in every Heat thread like a little kid. Post whatever numbers you want I'd like to see them. Whiteside is a better shot blocker scorer and is way more efficient. Drummond 51% from the field is terrible for a big man. Whiteside will be better than Drummond next year in possibly every major statistic you look at for a Center.

2-ONE-5
07-10-2015, 08:59 AM

This is his 1st offseason working out , getting stronger and working on his moves

He's gonna be a savage

hes been cut like 3 times im sure he has had more time than most to work on his game lol

since when does PER make a player better than someone? PER is a weak stat, its simply a suggestion.

jihnju
07-10-2015, 11:16 AM
We needed our seal team 6 of Ballmer, Doc, Redick, Pierce, Griffin, Paul to lock Green inside of his house and bar the doors. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

naps
07-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Pretty ironic when you brag about having a life while the guy provided an argument (right or wrong) you have specifically asked for. And even more ironic when you have to go to other team's internet forums to troll because apparently you are having fun doing that. Doesn't sound like a "life" to me.

MonroeFAN
07-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Here we go with the life thing. Is that the only card you have? Trust me dude, I have plenty of life, and his argument is Terribly flawed. Are we going to just ignore the season before when Drummond had the highest fg% in the league? It's very clear you're grasping for straws on this one. I'm glad you think Whiteside will be better in every way next season, just cause. Do you think I have time to listen to your willy nilly nonsense? Your evidence is about as opague as it gets. Per 36 numbers? Lol.

How long is it going to take for either one of you to recognize this argument is asinine, not a single non heat fan agrees. I know you don't care , because YOU'RE THE HEAT!! I've asked you to continue this next season where we can have an actual look at it instead of comparing a player who has basically been top 5 in most big man categories since he entered the league, to a guy who did it for 40 games. But no, you continue to spew nonsense as if anyone cares. Your opinion is worthless to me.

Practice a little bit more, maybe we can debate again when you're older and have an understanding of the game beyond 36 minute stats. And when you begin to comprehend the game beyond 48 games.
Later ladies.

WaDe03
07-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Here we go with the life thing. Is that the only card you have? Trust me dude, I have plenty of life, and his argument is Terribly flawed. Are we going to just ignore the season before when Drummond had the highest fg% in the league? It's very clear you're grasping for straws on this one. I'm glad you think Whiteside will be better in every way next season, just cause. Do you think I have time to listen to your willy nilly nonsense? Your evidence is about as opague as it gets. Per 36 numbers? Lol.

How long is it going to take for either one of you to recognize this argument is asinine, not a single non heat fan agrees. I know you don't care , because YOU'RE THE HEAT!! I've asked you to continue this next season where we can have an actual look at it instead of comparing a player who has basically been top 5 in most big man categories since he entered the league, to a guy who did it for 40 games. But no, you continue to spew nonsense as if anyone cares. Your opinion is worthless to me.

Practice a little bit more, maybe we can debate again when you're older and have an understanding of the game beyond 36 minute stats. And when you begin to comprehend the game beyond 48 games.
Later ladies.

Im still waiting on those numbers you said you were going to post when you got to your office lol. Lol @ bringing up Drummonds stats the year before last. His percentage took a huge dip. That's like me bringing up Wades stats from 2003-2011 and using them to argue he's still the best SG in the league. If you could post the number you were talking about it would be greatly appreciated ma'am.

hotdalton18
07-12-2015, 02:17 PM

He's gonna be a savage

hes been cut like 3 times im sure he has had more time than most to work on his game lol

since when does PER make a player better than someone? PER is a weak stat, its simply a suggestion.

No in his interviews he said he had to focus on where he was gonna be living n playing (over seas) never got the time to gain muscle and work with coaches all off season like he's doing now

phantasyyy
07-12-2015, 03:22 PM
To be fair,. Drummonds been in the league tearing it up for 3 seasons now, opposed to Whiteside who was cut over and over again but finally found a home with the heat for half a season.

To be honest, Whiteside lucked into that position seeing as how badly Miami needed a real center since 2010. He excelled in exactly what they were looking for: being an anchor for the defense, solid pick and roller, great finisher, and just someone to crash the boards.

Yes he posted some godly numbers, but you also have to take into effect that there were practically 0 scouting reports on his game and generally he just surprised most teams with his overall play and hustle. Also to the point about his fg% vs Drummonds you also have to take into account the team makeup and how Miami > Detroit even with Bosh being out. Whiteside also had the luxury of pretty much being the number 1 low post option when Bosh was out.

So arguing Whiteside vs Drummond is really a moot point at this time. You don't know if Whiteside will be able to continue his dominance(I think he will) but half a season isn't enough to justify him being better than Drummond whose been a dominating center ever since he got drafted. Also with Miami making key additions to the team and Monroe leaving to the Bucks, I am sure there is going to be transgression in Whiteside numbers and a huge boost in Drummonds.

KnicksorBust
07-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah I don't know wtf is going on with Drummond and Whiteside in this thread but the Green signing is a steal. He can shoot, finish at the rim, he plays a position they needed depth and he is just a hear removed from being a 15ppg starter. Fantastic signing by the Heat.

phantasyyy
07-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Yeah the heat have quietly had a great off season..

Resigning Wade/Dragic
Justise Winslow dropping to them - giving them the youth to build around while giving the much required depth behind Wade/Deng to prevent further injuries.
Signing Amare/Green - Once again improving their bench which was absolutely dismal, two great scoring options. Amare signing allows them to bring Bosh back slowly and get him back into game shape. Green is the off the bench spark that they envision Beasley being last year, and he has proven to be a dead-eye shooter with his stoopid athleticism as well
The return of Mcbob from injury - he'll be key addition as his playmaking/athleticism and ability to stretch the floor will complement the starters

Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside

Chalmers & Napier backing up the 1
Green & Winslow backing up both the 2 & 3
Mcbob & Amare backing up the 4, with amare playing spot minutes at the 5
And assuming Anderson comes back he'll the primary backup for the 5 (could a heat fan clarify why they're so persistent on moving him?)

phantasyyy
07-12-2015, 03:51 PM
I think they'll be a darkhorse team in the east and make big run.

Obviously the Cavs will still be team to beat and likely #1 seed
The loss of Carroll for the Hawks is huge - he was the primary wing defender - so they'll get knocked down a few pegs
The coaching change for the Bulls is something to keep an eye on - and without any major changes it shouldn't be too much a problem
The Wizards just lost their veteran presence in Pierce, and we'll see if the youngbloods were able to soak up his leadership qualities and take that step forward to becoming a more dominant team
Raptors bolstered their defensive woes with their free agent signings all being defensive oriented players.
Also the Bucks are on the rise and I think are going to do plenty of damage

1-Cavs - nobrainer
2-Bulls - chemistry will play big role in them racking up the W's
3-Heat - ill slot them here..
4-Raptors - still playing in the dreaded Atlantic division
5-Hawks
6-Wizards
7-Bucks
8-76ers..lmao kidding I do think the Pacers or Boston has enough talent to take the last spot.

beasted86
07-12-2015, 04:23 PM
And assuming Anderson comes back he'll the primary backup for the 5 (could a heat fan clarify why they're so persistent on moving him?)
Because a lot of fans are concerned with how much in luxury tax Micky Arison pays.... which really shouldn't be a thought for fans anyway.

Also Andersen has become a little injury prone and easily winded at 36 yrs old.

But I think the combination of both Amare and Andersen can limit each other's playing time and wear and tear. Also makes for a good exchange of offense vs defense.

Whitemamba24x
07-12-2015, 05:42 PM
What a freakin bargain. Typical Riley.
Gerald Green, in the prime of his career signs on to take 'challenge' from Pat Riley for vet min. Are you kidding ?? This kid is one of the more explosive role players in the NBA. 6th man ofty candidate. Could easily start on a chunk of teams.

Goran Dragic, Mario Chalmers, Shabazz Napier
Dwayne Wade, Gerald Green, Tyler Johnson
Luol Deng, Justice Winslow, James Ennis
Chris Bosh, Amar'e Stoudemire, Michael Beasley
Hassan Whiteside, Chris Anderson, Udonis Haslem

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Aside from giving in to Wade's greedy bum *****. Gotta say, Riley has done a great job this offseason. I respect his passion to win and urgency to put the best players on the floor for Miami.
Most teams after losing a player like James could take years to recover. Not with a P.Riley however.
If both Wade and Bosh can stay healthy and be ready for the playoffs, I expect this team to make some noise..

Whiteside breaking out mid season last year was a huge for this team. That allowed Riley and co the luxury to focus elsewhere.
Deng choosing to opt-in was a bit of a bummer imo. Hes at the very end of his prime now and at best will be a solid, overpaid, role player.
If only the Heat had any idea they would be landing Winslow in the draft at the time they decided to sign Deng. Imo would be better off with a combination of Winslow/Green/Ennis.

Dragic in his first full season should thrive with Bosh now healthy and ready to return.

Looks like Miami has a nice solid young nucleous to build with as well:
Justice Winslow, James Ennis, Tyler Johnson, Shabazz Napier, Josh Richardson, Hassan Whiteside

Raps18-19 Champ
07-12-2015, 06:01 PM
What a great pickup. He should be getting paid like $5 mil.