PDA

View Full Version : Reports: Luis Scola agrees to one-year, $3M deal with Raptors

NYKnickFanatic
07-09-2015, 08:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13225287/forward-luis-scola-agrees-contract-toronto-raptors

Nice pick up for them.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Did he play last year? Not trolling or anything, I could have sworn he retired.

Byronicle
07-09-2015, 09:24 AM

Clearly you are not!

I mean, a quick google search on his stats would not tell you at all!

And I doubt you saw him play when he was with his former Pacers. Its not like you guys are in the same division!

IndyRealist
07-09-2015, 12:35 PM
What's sad is that he said he was waiting to hear from the Pacers, but they never contacted him. Pacers used to be a classy franchise. The organization has become a straight clusterf*** in just two years.

HoopsDrive
07-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Good pickup to try and shore up the huge weakness at PF... still need a whole lot of work though.

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 12:43 PM

Clearly you are not!

And I doubt you saw him play when he was with his former Pacers. Its not like you guys are in the same division!

My mistake, his 20 mpg were apparently pretty forgettable. But you're right I should have googled.

Sorry, please don't cut yourself.

aman_13
07-09-2015, 12:50 PM
He's a solid pick up. Certainly an upgrade over Hansbrough.

Wade n Fade
07-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Indiana lost their best offensive big after David West. That team is at a crossroads.

IndyRealist
07-09-2015, 01:01 PM
He's a solid pick up. Certainly an upgrade over Hansbrough.

For Hansbrough to be effective, you have to let him play his way: ultra aggressive, offensive rebounding, draw fouls. Any other way he's just a body.

aman_13
07-09-2015, 01:10 PM
For Hansbrough to be effective, you have to let him play his way: ultra aggressive, offensive rebounding, draw fouls. Any other way he's just a body.

Yeah and he did a lot of that last yr. He played well but the problem is he doesn't score. The Raps need scoring from the 4 and Scola will help.

IndyRealist
07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Yeah and he did a lot of that last yr. He played well but the problem is he doesn't score. The Raps need scoring from the 4 and Scola will help.

Well, he has to get minutes and he has to get to the line. Refs getting used to his style of play is a big part of it. Per minute, he got more free throws than any Pacer by a wide margin, and that was when we were smashmouth.

LanceUpperCut
07-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Clearly you are not!

My mistake, his 20 mpg were apparently pretty forgettable. But you're right I should have googled.

Sorry, please don't cut yourself.

He actually was pretty solid last year but overall decent move nothing to crazy. MU should package up PP and Ross plus some picks and get a starting PF.

Free Gritz
07-09-2015, 06:15 PM
What's sad is that he said he was waiting to hear from the Pacers, but they never contacted him. Pacers used to be a classy franchise. The organization has become a straight clusterf*** in just two years.

Took a page out of the DeAndre Jordan book

Vincent
07-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Is Toronto going with a 3 wing line up of Carroll at the PF, DeRozen at the SG, and Ross at the SF?

Is Scola a strictly scoring PF off the bench?

Chronz
07-09-2015, 10:32 PM
He actually had something of a resurgence last year but my thing with signing guys is that it usually takes a full season to get fully acclimated to his new team, the real dividends come in Y2, but Scola is nearing that age where he may not have 2 years. If he adapts quickly, hes a good get, if not, you're getting a league average producer (if that) with below league average defense, essentially a net negative player who tugs the Raps down from contention. I dont imagine he would start so coming off the bench he is a better option than most have, in that sense hes a positive contributor, really depends on the role they ask of him.