PDA

View Full Version : Cory Joseph to Raptors

Stunner
07-05-2015, 10:35 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say newly unrestricted free agent Cory Joseph is closing in on a deal with the Toronto Raptors

raiderposting
07-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Cory Joseph NICE

spreadeagle
07-06-2015, 12:02 AM
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/791264 Hes from Toronto as well, nice pickup. Carroll, Biyombo, Joseph, and Rookie Delon Wight should help Raps quite a bit while still keeping their main guys from last year

The only surprise here is the speed at which it developed.

The Toronto Raptors and point guard Cory Joseph - a sudden unrestricted free agent Sunday after the San Antonio Spurs withdrew their qualifying offer - have agreed to a four-year, $30-million deal, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

The deal includes a player option in its fourth year.

It's a steep price, but given where the salary cap will be in two years, Joseph, a capable reserve guard who has improved statistically in each of his four NBA seasons, fits a need for the Raptors. In the wake of the Greivis Vasquez trade, Joseph projects as a battle-tested backup for starting point Kyle Lowry.

Joseph also happens to be a Toronto-area native, and he will become only the second Canuck to suit up for Canada's lone NBA team. The first was Jamaal Magloire in 2011-12. General manager Masai Ujiri has said the team would like to eventually take advantage of the recent explosion of Canadian basketball talent, and Joseph is a good start.

North Yorker
07-06-2015, 12:07 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?894854-Joseph-to-Raps

TheNumber37
07-06-2015, 01:06 AM
7.5 mil for a backup PG. OKay.

FriedTofuz
07-06-2015, 01:08 AM
Better than the entire knicks roaster minus melo.

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2015, 01:13 AM
Better than the entire knicks roaster minus melo.

Has nothing to do with the Knicks but since you brought them up

Grant
Afflalo
Melo
Zinger
Lopez

Lopez and Afflalo should help out a lot on the D and I think these players fit the triangle well and compliment melo, wouldnt shock me to see them in the playoffs.

This what you said about them not to long ago!

FriedTofuz
07-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Has nothing to do with the Knicks but since you brought them up

This what you said about them not to long ago!

You're my biggest fan :laugh2:

Just because I said the knicks could make the playoffs, doesnt mean I think they're godly good or that they're better than TOronto.

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2015, 01:25 AM
You're my biggest fan :laugh2:

Just because I said the knicks could make the playoffs, doesnt mean I think they're godly good or that they're better than TOronto.

So you wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks made the playoffs but Corey Joseph is better than everyone on the Knicks except Melo? Got cha

And of course I'm you're biggest fan, I totally can't wait for your next Knicks thread. The suspense is killing me

FriedTofuz
07-06-2015, 01:30 AM
So you wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks made the playoffs but Corey Joseph is better than everyone on the Knicks except Melo? Got cha

And of course I'm you're biggest fan, I totally can't wait for your next Knicks thread. The suspense is killing me

Latinofire already got it started.

sixer04fan
07-06-2015, 01:46 AM
I like him. Wanted the Sixers to pursue him as a low key signing to give him a shot to be starting PG

Mr.B
07-06-2015, 02:51 AM
So what do the Raptors plan to do with Kyle Lowrey?

Kashmir13579
07-06-2015, 03:12 AM
Wonder how his bro is doing

kdspurman
07-06-2015, 08:36 AM
CoJo has good size, above average defender, and his offensive game is getting better by the year. Solid addition

Scoots
07-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Good move to reduce the minutes by the back court players and keep them fresh.

LanceUpperCut
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM
He fits in well since he can play the 1 or the 2. With GV and Lou gone the back court defense will look a lot different.

IversonIsKrazy
07-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Well overpaid and not worth it tbh. He still hasn't developed a shot, not much of a playmaker, excellent defender however. I feel he got away with his weaknesses b/c of the Spur system. In Toronto, I don't think he will be too effective.