PDA

View Full Version : Bass to Lakers

KobeOwnSU
07-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m3 minutes ago
Celtics free agent forward Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers, a source told Yahoo Sports

hugepatsfan
07-05-2015, 07:42 PM
You guys are going to love him. Just an awesome team player. Will work hard and do whatever you ask of him.

RLundi
07-05-2015, 07:43 PM
That's a good pickup. Bass is sneaky good. He won't wow you but he's very solid. Loved him in Orlando a few years back. Very hard worker, good midrange shooter, total professional on and off the floor.

My only thing is, it sucks the Lakers are filling their roster with replacement-level players. Lou Will, Hibbert, Bass? I mean, they struck out immensely this summer and they're going to be bad for another season. It just seems strange that a healthy Kobe Bryant team is going to be one of the worst in the league and it's a little disconcerting that the lure and pull of LA has not been enough to even convince ONE pseudo-star to relocate. Same thing with NY. Blame it on social media or the accessibility of everyone to everywhere, but I think we're completely shifting into a new era where location doesn't matter as much.

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2015, 07:47 PM
#Winandscrewphillyover

J_M_B
07-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Lakers adding some quality depth between him and Lou Williams

cheetos185
07-05-2015, 08:04 PM
I thought bass would chase for ring by signing with a contender guess he wants little extra money.

JNA17
07-05-2015, 08:06 PM
YESSSSSSSS!

There was also a report that Nick Young could end up being traded in the Roy Hibbert deal, as well as a sign and trade Lin to Mavs. Most likely a three team deal.

YOU ARE THE MAN MITCH! :dance:

Shady66
07-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Solid player

Blitzace137
07-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Bass is a good pick up for the Lakers. Nice back up for Randle.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Great pick up. Lakers have the depth/talent for a lower playoff seed now IF Kobe isn't injured all year and can at lea at give you like 15/5/5 type numbers.

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2015, 08:27 PM
YESSSSSSSS!

There was also a report that Nick Young could end up being traded in the Roy Hibbert deal, as well as a sign and trade Lin to Mavs. Most likely a three team deal.

Never seen someone so excited for these moves lol this one is a solid depth move very solid love his game

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Great pick up. Lakers have the depth/talent for a lower playoff seed now IF Kobe isn't injured all year and can at lea at give you like 15/5/5 type numbers.

Maybe if Hibbert puts in 20/10 lol come on playoffs in the west not happening

JNA17
07-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Never seen someone so excited for these moves lol this one is a solid depth move very solid love his game

Getting rid of that clown Nick Young would pretty much make my offseason alone.

You know how you guys hated J.R. Smith on the Knicks? Imagine that feeling and...well let's just say the hatred runs deep for swaggy p :laugh2:

Pakman
07-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I'll take that. I just want to see competitive games with some meaning. Especially if the nba is going to give us a bunch of nationally televised games [emoji41]

NYKnickFanatic
07-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Lakers having a Knicks-like offseason.

Pakman
07-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Only difference is they'll actually win some games.

NYKnickFanatic
07-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Only difference is they'll actually win some games.

Ok?

Pakman
07-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Ok?
Lol

NYKnickFanatic
07-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Lol

I don't get your post. I don't know if you're a Lakers fan, I'm assuming you are, but I wasn't taking a shot at them, so I don't get the shot at the Knicks.

Knicks and Lakers are not signing big name free agents, but they are signing solid players to help build a team.

That's what I meant by my post.

JNA17
07-05-2015, 08:47 PM

Hibbert>Lopez
Bass>Derrick
Lou>Affalo.

:p

NYKnickFanatic
07-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Hibbert>Lopez
Bass>Derrick
Lou>Affalo.

Ok?

Pakman
07-05-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't get your post. I don't know if you're a Lakers fan, I'm assuming you are, but I wasn't taking a shot at them, so I don't get the shot at the Knicks.

Knicks and Lakers are not signing big name free agents, but they are signing solid players to help build a team.

That's what I meant by my post.
I took it as a knick fan bashing his own team but i suppose i was wrong. I'm just used to laker fans being so pessimistic cause they didn't draft/sign their man crush.

meloman1592
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Hibbert>Lopez
Bass>Derrick
Lou>Affalo.

All true except Lou and afflalo. Afflalo is easily a better player. Especially defensively.

NYKnickFanatic
07-05-2015, 08:52 PM
I took it as a knick fan bashing his own team but i suppose i was wrong. I'm just used to laker fans being so pessimistic cause they didn't draft/sign their man crush.

Fair enough.

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2015, 09:36 PM
All true except Lou and afflalo. Afflalo is easily a better player. Especially defensively.

Hibbert is dog **** the last couple seasons he's nothing. Lopez>Hibbert until we see if he's back to being decent. O'Quinn >bass :p
Also west>east lakers will have a hard time even getting the 9 seed

Sssmush
07-05-2015, 09:37 PM
That's a good pickup. Bass is sneaky good. He won't wow you but he's very solid. Loved him in Orlando a few years back. Very hard worker, good midrange shooter, total professional on and off the floor.

My only thing is, it sucks the Lakers are filling their roster with replacement-level players. Lou Will, Hibbert, Bass? I mean, they struck out immensely this summer and they're going to be bad for another season. It just seems strange that a healthy Kobe Bryant team is going to be one of the worst in the league and it's a little disconcerting that the lure and pull of LA has not been enough to even convince ONE pseudo-star to relocate. Same thing with NY. Blame it on social media or the accessibility of everyone to everywhere, but I think we're completely shifting into a new era where location doesn't matter as much.

Lakers couldve really good if they focus on defense and defend really hard. If Kobe decides to play legit All Star ball for one more year that would be an X factor as well.

Some of these teams in the West shouldn't sleep on the Lakers. We saw several highly touted Western teams (memphis, clippers, spurs, dallas) turn out to be pretty weak once the playoffs got underway. Lakers got upside and their window is just beginning.

DarkKnight
07-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Hibbert sucks , he's not the player he was a few seasons ago ...

Sssmush
07-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Also, sour grapes ok but Aldridge is a tad overrated and 30 and the wont play centrr thing is weird. Deandre is great but has obvious lmitations. Neither was a surefire championship guy. So we're still in the game.

jsthornton7
07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
All I want from Kobe is for him to (holding my breath) be a facilitator.

In terms of the Bass signing, I've liked him since he was in ORL. Not only does he improve our depth, but he also provides great competition for Randle not only for minutes in game, but in practices as well.

Blitzace137
07-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Hibbert is not better than Robin Lopez until he proves he's the same player he was two years ago.

Sssmush
07-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Hibbert sucks , he's not the player he was a few seasons ago ...

I givexhibbert a chance to actually improve, since Vogel is probably another insecure screamer Thibodeau-esque weirdo

Jayb587
07-05-2015, 10:08 PM
laker are playoff bound. 7th seed.

JNA17
07-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Hibbert is not better than Robin Lopez until he proves he's the same player he was two years ago.

Funny enough, despite Hibbert apparently being "dog ****", he still put up better numbers in points, rebounds, blocks, DRtg, etc than Lopez last season. Oh, and he did it in less minutes.

So if that version of Hibbert is dog ****, what does that make Lopez? Cow ****?

raiderposting
07-06-2015, 02:26 AM
Funny enough, despite Hibbert apparently being "dog ****", he still put up better numbers in points, rebounds, blocks, DRtg, etc than Lopez last season. Oh, and he did it in less minutes.

So if that version of Hibbert is dog ****, what does that make Lopez? Cow ****?

I hope it's the opposite of what you said as a laker fan.

Cow ****>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog ****

Pros of cow ****
fertilizer, shrooms

Cons of cow ****
Smells

Pros of dog ****
Not even once

Cons of dog ****
Will ruin your day and/or ruin new shoes.

5ass
07-06-2015, 02:51 AM
I hope it's the opposite of what you said as a laker fan.

Cow ****>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog ****

Pros of cow ****
fertilizer, shrooms

Cons of cow ****
Smells

Pros of dog ****
Not even once

Cons of dog ****
Will ruin your day and/or ruin new shoes.

The only poster here that knows his ****.

Mave1002
07-06-2015, 03:01 AM
YESSSSSSSS!

Best thing that can happen is indeed as three way tango.

1.) We bag Hibbert
2.) We lose Young and Kelly
3.) We could possibly land Justin Anderson too

Hibb-Black-Upshaw
Randle-Bass-Nance Jr.
Anderson-Brown
Kobe-Lou
Russell-Clarkson

_Supreme_
07-06-2015, 04:40 AM

:laugh:

_Supreme_
07-06-2015, 04:44 AM
I have to say all this bickering between Knicks and Lakers fans about who has the least horrible team is quite entertaining to read.

When they play eachother next season the game thread(s) should be good stuff.

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2015, 05:22 AM
Hibbert>Lopez
Bass>Derrick
Lou>Affalo.

Although it's definitely more like:

O'Quinn/Williams > Bass
Lopez > Hibbert
Afflalo > Lou

Hibbert averaged 1 point and 0.4 rebounds more than Lopez. Lopez also played alongside a 10+ RPG guy in LMA which is always gonna skew your numbers a bit. In terms of scoring, Lopez was just overall the far more efficient scorer whilst been the 5th option on the floor.

9.6 PPG on 57.4 TS% with a usage of 15.4%

Compared to Hibbert:

10.6 PPG on 50.1 TS% with a usage of 21.3%

If Lopez had his usage rate upped he would no doubt score more point on better efficiency than Hibbert.

The one thing you would think Hibbert does significantly better is block shots but he only averaged 1.6 compared to Lopez and his 1.4. They were basically tied in terms of DBPM (Hibbert was 2.1 compared to Lopez at 2.0), but Hibbert was terrible offensively posting a -3.1 OBPM whereas Lopez wasn't detrimental offensively to his team at 0.1 OBPM. Overall Lopez had a 2.1 BPM whereas Hibbert was at -1.0. Lopez also had a higher VORP (1.7 compared to Hibbert at 0.5), had a better PER and more win shares in less minutes (5.1 in 1638 minutes compared to Hibbert having 4.2 in 1926 minutes).

Lopez is just the better, more valuable player at this point.

As for Afflalo and Lou, AA is much better on both sides of the ball. His career shooting slash line of .453/.385/.819 (56.1 TS%) blows Lou out of the water (.416/.341/.816) and he actually plays defense and can guard 3's.

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Thing is I actually think the Lakers are building their team the right way. Getting some good role players and fleshing out their roster similar to how the Knicks are doing.

They're actually in very similar situations. Both have an ageing superstar making top money (Melo is vastly more valuable than Kobe at this point though), some nice young pieces (Zinger, Grant and Galloway for the Knicks and Russell, Randle and Clarkson for the Lakers), they've both traded their first round picks for next year and are the two biggest markets in the league but struck out on top name free agents.

Problem is the Lakers aren't gonna be able to make any sort of noise in the West with these small additions whereas the Knicks are in a much better position because they play in an easier conference.

YAALREADYKNO
07-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Always liked bass. He's a solid player. Nice pickup for the lakers

Tony_Starks
07-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Thing is I actually think the Lakers are building their team the right way. Getting some good role players and fleshing out their roster similar to how the Knicks are doing.

They're actually in very similar situations. Both have an ageing superstar making top money (Melo is vastly more valuable than Kobe at this point though), some nice young pieces (Zinger, Grant and Galloway for the Knicks and Russell, Randle and Clarkson for the Lakers), they've both traded their first round picks for next year and are the two biggest markets in the league but struck out on top name free agents.

Problem is the Lakers aren't gonna be able to make any sort of noise in the West with these small additions whereas the Knicks are in a much better position because they play in an easier conference.

Not necessarily, you have to factor in Randle/ Russell/ Clarkson. If at least two of those three turn out to be really solid impact players, which is a safe bet especially seeing how Clarkson was developing, then it's a whole new ball game.

I like the fact that they have a balance of youth and Vets. Of course everyone is going to focus on Big names but with the balance this roster is shaping into it could be interesting.

B Scott kept them competitive in just about every game last year with considerably less talent. It's not unreasonable to expect a better roster plus Kobe to be a good team, depending on health.

True Sports Fan
07-06-2015, 10:37 AM
We're backkkkkkk

YAALREADYKNO
07-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Hibbert is better than robin Lopez

Jayb587
07-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Not necessarily, you have to factor in Randle/ Russell/ Clarkson. If at least two of those three turn out to be really solid impact players, which is a safe bet especially seeing how Clarkson was developing, then it's a whole new ball game.

I like the fact that they have a balance of youth and Vets. Of course everyone is going to focus on Big names but with the balance this roster is shaping into it could be interesting.

B Scott kept them competitive in just about every game last year with considerably less talent. It's not unreasonable to expect a better roster plus Kobe to be a good team, depending on health.

yea ppl are ignoring the DLO, randle, Clarkson factor. only looking at 37 year old kobe. I see 6 teams in the west with better rosters. GSW, rockets, spurs, clips, grizz, OKC, last 2 spots are up for grabs.

Tony_Starks
07-06-2015, 12:36 PM

yea ppl are ignoring the DLO, randle, Clarkson factor. only looking at 37 year old kobe. I see 6 teams in the west with better rosters. GSW, rockets, spurs, clips, grizz, OKC, last 2 spots are up for grabs.

Exactly. With the wings that Lakers have Kobe will finally be able to play veteran minutes instead of 40+ do everything minutes. Should at least preserve his legs this season, making him more efficient.

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2015, 01:47 PM

The Mavs, Pelicans and Suns all easily have better rosters. On paper the Kings also have a better roster. If I was looking at actual rosters and who has the best players, I would have the Lakers in the 10-13 range in the West.

They have basically two talented but unproven rookies in Russell and Randle, another young guy who's played well on a bad team for half a season in Clarkson, Kobe who hurts his team more than helps it, and then some nice role players in Hibbert, Lou and Bass.

That team could probably challenge for the 8th seed in the East but it's gonna seriously struggle in the tough West.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-06-2015, 02:05 PM

Agreed, we'll be pretty good this year

Jayb587
07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
The Mavs, Pelicans and Suns all easily have better rosters. On paper the Kings also have a better roster. If I was looking at actual rosters and who has the best players, I would have the Lakers in the 10-13 range in the West.

They have basically two talented but unproven rookies in Russell and Randle, another young guy who's played well on a bad team for half a season in Clarkson, Kobe who hurts his team more than helps it, and then some nice role players in Hibbert, Lou and Bass.

That team could probably challenge for the 8th seed in the East but it's gonna seriously struggle in the tough West.

mavs-no, pelicans- maybe, and the suns-no. either way we are going to challenge for a low spot.

L@ker4Life
07-06-2015, 02:40 PM

I'd agree with this outlook. Until mid point when we know what we're getting from the young kids, it's just projection and potential. If these kids develop into solid, consistent contributors then watch out. This team could be setup long term by being more desirable to free agents. Either way, this year the Lakers aren't making any noise. Best we can do is to stay healthy and watch these young kids blossom.

Scoots
07-06-2015, 03:08 PM
What offense are the Lakers going to run? Is the coaching staff up to the task of maximizing this roster? It's going to take time to make a team out of all these new additions at the very least. I think it's likely the Lakers miss the playoffs again. Not hating, just realistic.

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2015, 05:35 PM
mavs-no, pelicans- maybe, and the suns-no. either way we are going to challenge for a low spot.

Really?

They are all faaaaar better teams on paper than the Lakers.

Mavs: Harris/Matthews/Parsons/Dirk/DJ
Pels: Holiday/Gordon/Evans/AD/Asik
Suns: Knight/Bledsoe/Tucker/Morris/Chandler

Even the Kings look more talented on paper (albeit a bit crazy as well):

Kings: Rondo/McLemore/Gay/Thompson/Cousins

The Lakers have no identity, 3 very inexperienced starters and only one guy who can play defense in their starting 5. They will get ripped to pieces in the dog fight that is the West. They are at least 2/3 years away from even sniffing the playoffs. Absolutely no chance they make it.

Lakers: Clarkson/Russell/Kobe/Randle/Hibbert

That team will have to play the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs, Grizz, Rockets and Warriors :laugh2:

Can't wait to see Kobe try and guard LeBron and KD......

Bron > Kobe
07-06-2015, 05:53 PM
What offense are the Lakers going to run? Is the coaching staff up to the task of maximizing this roster? It's going to take time to make a team out of all these new additions at the very least. I think it's likely the Lakers miss the playoffs again. Not hating, just realistic.

That wouldn't be hatin at all if you ask me. Its a fair assertion. If Kobe stays healthy and plays the role of keeping the guys together and not letting the young guys get out of control, they could surprise a lot of teams. They are at least one more season away from being a solid team that can truly disrupt the Western conference balance.

Again, this site has the most hate for the Lakers ive ever seen on any online forum. lol. The lakers struck out with the "big free agents", but rounded the roster out rather nicely to set them up for next season. I give them credit and im a die hard Pistons fan.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2015, 06:40 PM
I think the Lakers are certainly much-improved over last year and won't be anything close to a laughing stock but predicting the playoffs at this point is too ambitious IMO. Games aren't played on paper but when making offseason predictions that's all you can go by and there's really no justification to say that they will make it other than that you want them to. We'll see how it plays out though.

PowerHouse
07-06-2015, 09:21 PM
That wouldn't be hatin at all if you ask me. Its a fair assertion. If Kobe stays healthy and plays the role of keeping the guys together and not letting the young guys get out of control, they could surprise a lot of teams. They are at least one more season away from being a solid team that can truly disrupt the Western conference balance.

Again, this site has the most hate for the Lakers ive ever seen on any online forum. lol. The lakers struck out with the "big free agents", but rounded the roster out rather nicely to set them up for next season. I give them credit and im a die hard Pistons fan.

You find that funny but with the user-name you chose that would suggest you are a contributer to that.

Bron > Kobe
07-06-2015, 09:23 PM
You find that funny but with the user-name you chose that would suggest you are a contributer to that.
My user name isn't about the Lakers or hatin them. It isn't even about hating Kobe. I created this name sort of touched and cheek, I didn't realize how bad it was here. I would change the name if I could. But I dare you to look up my posts. I've actually been more forgiving than Lakers fans here.

PowerHouse
07-06-2015, 09:42 PM
My user name isn't about the Lakers or hatin them. It isn't even about hating Kobe. I created this name sort of touched and cheek, I didn't realize how bad it was here. I would change the name if I could. But I dare you to look up my posts. I've actually been more forgiving than Lakers fans here.

Thats cool if you arent really a hater. Its just that all the others around here that do the ">" thing in their user names are pretty adament and die-hard for what they are displaying.

MickeyMgl
07-06-2015, 09:44 PM

Location never mattered as much as the media led people to think it did. What matters more is the people in charge. The Lakers had pull when the ones pulling were named Jerry Buss and Jerry West. They didn't need to fill the room with former players, current players, and celebrity fans. When you have the right guys, you only need one or two guys.

G_S_W
07-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Exactly. With the wings that Lakers have Kobe will finally be able to play veteran minutes instead of 40+ do everything minutes. Should at least preserve his legs this season, making him more efficient.

Kobe is not going to be efficient this season. There's a better chance of Deandre Jordan shooting 90% from the stripe than Kobe being a high efficiency guy.

G_S_W
07-07-2015, 02:11 AM
I think the Lakers are certainly much-improved over last year and won't be anything close to a laughing stock but predicting the playoffs at this point is too ambitious IMO. Games aren't played on paper but when making offseason predictions that's all you can go by and there's really no justification to say that they will make it other than that you want them to. We'll see how it plays out though.

You must be joking. The Lakers are one of the worst franchises in the NBA right now. They MAY not be as bad as SAC, but they're not far off, either.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Bass in a lake makes sense. :eyebrow:

fresh prince
07-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Best thing that can happen is indeed as three way tango.

1.) We bag Hibbert
2.) We lose Young and Kelly
3.) We could possibly land Justin Anderson too

Hibb-Black-Upshaw
Randle-Bass-Nance Jr.
Anderson-Brown
Kobe-Lou
Russell-Clarkson

:mad::mad::mad: This notion of Kobe starting at the 2 guard needs to stop especially from the base.

- Russel
- Clarkson
- Kobe
- Randle
- Hibbert

Its best for the team and best for Kobe's legs to play the 3. Russ and Clarkson provides a dynamic back court. Its why the Lou Will signing makes so much sense he can play the other Guard spot with either Russel or Clarkson on the floor at all times.