PDA

View Full Version : Lakers to sign Brandon Bass

jsthornton7
07-05-2015, 07:30 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Celtics free agent forward Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers, a source told Yahoo Sports

@EricPincus: Lakers either have $2.8 million for Brandon Bass - room exception - or they are clearing cap via other moves

dru_562
07-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Damnnnn I wish this signing was a few years ago but I'll take it, Bass > Boozer

42-15-7
07-05-2015, 07:37 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Celtics free agent forward Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers, a source told Yahoo Sports

@EricPincus: Lakers either have $2.8 million for Brandon Bass - room exception - or they are clearing cap via other moves

Dang -- it's like we can get our hands on anything except a SF. Who's hoarding all the 3's? GS???

(May actually be a problem with the small-ball mentality. There are only so many great players at a given height. Lock them up and you may force other teams to play a different/disadvantageous style.)

New Power House
07-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Dang -- it's like we can get our hands on anything except a SF. Who's hoarding all the 3's? GS???

(May actually be a problem with the small-ball mentality. There are only so many great players at a given height. Lock them up and you may force other teams to play a different/disadvantageous style.)

Dallas ,Clippers might get involved and we can unload Kelly,Young,Sacre to help Lin and Hill to move. We have to have a sf involved coming to us! Bass is a Bull!

PraiseJesus
07-05-2015, 07:42 PM
There is no panic in Mitch

GREATNESS ONE
07-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Not bad, not bad, keep working.👌🏼

lakerfan85
07-05-2015, 07:44 PM
I think this team would have a shot to make the playoffs in the East..

KobeOwnSU
07-05-2015, 07:45 PM
I'll give it to Mitch these past 36 hours...He's kinda ***** slapping haters.

KobeOwnSU
07-05-2015, 07:46 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m1 minute ago
Confirm Brandon Bass agreement w/Lakers (@SpearsNBAYahoo first). Contract terms pending other LA moves. Lakers do have room exception.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m3 minutes ago
While free agent F Brandon Bass has agreed to sign with the Lakers, a source said his deal is work in progress. @BobbyMarks42 understands.

GREATNESS ONE
07-05-2015, 07:47 PM

Keep putting in work Mitchy.

New Power House
07-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Hill,Young,Kelly,Sacre and Lin helping us now more than they did on the court!

New Power House
07-05-2015, 07:59 PM
23 mins ago - via Twitter WojYahooNBA
Lakers to trade Nick Young?
wpid-i_f9_92_ac_182450861.jpg
Adrian Wojnarowski: Yahoo Sources: As Lakers work to clear cap space to sign free agents and absorb HIbbert, Nick Young is a strong candidate to be unloaded.
Trade, Nick Young, Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers
23 mins ago - via Twitter IAmDPick
The swaggy pipi pants in his way out? I hope! Get a SF!!!

Teeboy1487
07-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Solid signing but did we really need another PF? I hear the Pacers had interest in him. Maybe he is being signed and traded. IDK. OK signing I guess.

handle
07-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Yes Mitch, keep ***** slapping haters by guiding us to yet another missed playoffs.

KobeOwnSU
07-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Yes Mitch, keep ***** slapping haters by guiding us to yet another missed playoffs.

I had you in mind when i posted that...I'm not saying he didn't mess up the first three days or even the last couple years. I'm just saying the last 36 hours has been really nice. If he can get something for Lin and Hill; maybe add another nice role player this offseason won't be so bad.

42-15-7
07-05-2015, 08:15 PM
I had you in mind when i posted that...I'm not saying he didn't mess up the first three days or even the last couple years. I'm just saying the last 36 hours has been really nice. If he can get something for Lin and Hill; maybe add another nice role player this offseason won't be so bad.

Between Kobe refusing to announce when he's retiring and the junk on our roster no free agents were likely to sign, so holding Mitch accountable for that wasn't fair. (For the big-picture problems over the last three or four years everybody should be fired.)

Given the limitations, and the fact that most players stayed with the teams they're on, I'm not surprised we didn't end up with a marquee name, but I was surprised that we whiffed entirely. What Mitch is doing now is more than making up for that disappointment.

And we were never making the playoffs no matter what happened. Not with so many rookies at key spots, and Kobe hanging on.

KobeOwnSU
07-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Between Kobe refusing to announce when he's retiring and the junk on our roster no free agents were likely to sign, so holding Mitch accountable for that wasn't fair. (For the big-picture problems over the last three or four years everybody should be fired.)

Given the limitations, and the fact that most players stayed with the teams they're on, I'm not surprised we didn't end up with a marquee name, but I was surprised that we whiffed entirely. What Mitch is doing now is more than making up for that disappointment.

And we were never making the playoffs no matter what happened. Not with so many rookies at key spots, and Kobe hanging on.

I agree. It makes me wonder about some people though. They rag on these guys when they go after and miss the big names. They say they should focus on getting multiple pieces that will attract FA's later. Then Mitch goes out and gets Hibbert, Bass, and Williams for essentially cap space and still can't make them happy. The agendas of some posters become a sick fixation.

bluefire7002
07-05-2015, 08:20 PM

Yeah, Honestly glad we didn't end up with LMA... We now have a defensive Center and some good players for depth... The rest is in the hands of our rookies and Clarkson now.

42-15-7
07-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I agree. It makes me wonder about some people though. They rag on these guys when they go after and miss the big names. They say they should focus on getting multiple pieces that will attract FA's later. Then Mitch goes out and gets Hibbert, Bass, and Williams for essentially cap space and still can't make them happy. The agendas of some posters become a sick fixation.

People like to b****. Sports + internet anonymity + booze + drugs + Jim Buss + Swaggy = a lot of b****ing. LOL

deadman8586
07-05-2015, 08:26 PM

By not that much I hoped for 3 things 1. The draft, 2. Sign some supporting cast free agents to setup for the next star free agent to take over in 2016 and 3. Try and contend for the 8th seed which is still pending.

RubberBand Man
07-05-2015, 08:36 PM

Lol

McAllen Tx
07-05-2015, 08:39 PM
People like to b****. Sports + internet anonymity + booze + drugs + Jim Buss + Swaggy = a lot of b****ing. LOL

Lol true

McAllen Tx
07-05-2015, 08:55 PM
It's an Ok signing, front court getting a bit crowded though. Guess Upshaw isn't gonna get the PT some of us would of liked.

The team is starting to look like it can compete.

Also shows patience is a virtue, they're getting pretty good bargains. None of their signings will handicap the team long term of they bust. Both Williams and Bass have been very consistent. We know what we are getting.

LakerShow
07-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Meh, he should be behind randle in the rOtation. He better not get more minutes than randle or I would be disappointed.

Laker Legend42
07-05-2015, 10:26 PM
My issue with this move. Bringing in a lot of veteran front court players when do you find time to develope the young players?

42-15-7
07-05-2015, 10:38 PM
My issue with this move. Bringing in a lot of veteran front court players when do you find time to develope the young players?

Honestly, I think that's actually the point. Yes, it might take away a little playing time, but think of this as a mentor move for practice and camp. Randle needs a positive influence/veteran presence that we clearly didn't have. Same for Upshaw if he makes the roster. Also gives us good depth -- veteran depth, instead of scrub depth.

bleedprple&gold
07-05-2015, 10:41 PM

Honestly, I think that's actually the point. Yes, it might take away a little playing time, but think of this as a mentor move for practice and camp. Randle needs a positive influence/veteran presence that we clearly didn't have. Same for Upshaw if he makes the roster. Also gives us good depth -- veteran depth, instead of scrub depth.

I agree and hopefully Randle will develop to the point where Bass is a poor man's Randle.

RoyalG333
07-05-2015, 11:20 PM
I think the FO feels good about Randles versatility to play 3-5.

This line up could really bully folks and cause match up issues.

Russell
Clarkson
Randle
Bass
Black

Lakersfan2483
07-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Solid pick up in both Bass and Lou Williamd. Hibbert is a solid pick although he makes a lot but it's a one year rental type deal for him.

Angels4Ever
07-06-2015, 01:06 AM

Because they think if they are not a big name, they are not good players. Some of these posters think they are a scout, GM, player and owner rolled up in one even though they sell women shoes like Al Bundy.

bleedprple&gold
07-06-2015, 01:51 AM
What happens if we are unable to clear salary cap space? Does that mean Bass has already committed to signing for the room exception in case we can't? That seems a bit cheap for Bass. I could see him backing out of this signing if we don't clear more space.

Mave1002
07-06-2015, 02:08 AM
Solid signing but did we really need another PF? I hear the Pacers had interest in him. Maybe he is being signed and traded. IDK. OK signing I guess.

Same feeling..

1.) Either the FO is not completely sold on Rob Upshaw
2.) Sacre is definitely on the block especially because we are set to acquire Hibb

Mcdoh
07-06-2015, 03:14 AM
good move.. probably sacre and kelly are gone..

Chrisclover
07-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I think this team would have a shot to make the playoffs in the East..
In another multi-verse

Vinylman
07-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Bass is a nice player but nothing more than a boozer trade out... has a little different game but again nothing more than what boozer gave us last year.

EXTRAWON
07-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Bass is a nice player but nothing more than a boozer trade out... has a little different game but again nothing more than what boozer gave us last year.

Stats will be similar. The difference is that Bass will at least attempt to play defense. Boozer's lack of effort on the defensive end is startling. I've never seen a poorer defensive player.

Vinylman
07-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Stats will be similar. The difference is that Bass will at least attempt to play defense. Boozer's lack of effort on the defensive end is startling. I've never seen a poorer defensive player.

Bass is definitely the better teammate but it really isn't enough to make much difference on the court... he will be a good influence for the kids though

Lakers Ghost
07-07-2015, 04:10 PM
don't know why we even got bass. Not to crazy about him, I rather have young than him.

Vinylman
07-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Surprised no one had posted yet but Bass signed last night at like 1 am according to rotoworld

edit for link

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1186/brandon-bass

angelsfan1984
07-09-2015, 01:19 PM
I really hope Kelly and Sacre are out the door. 2 useless bodies on that bench.

KobeOwnSU
07-09-2015, 01:22 PM
We signed Bass because he is better than all of our front line players outside of Julius. I'm also sure that Kelly and Sacre will be traded. This sets up a nice big man rotation of Hibbert, Julius, Bass, Black, and Upshaw

42-15-7
07-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Surprised no one had posted yet but Bass signed last night at like 1 am according to rotoworld

edit for link

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1186/brandon-bass

After LMA blew up on the launch pad, then Jeanie and Jim were absent from the second meeting, it seems like the Lakers' PR has been out of sync, if not non-existent. Makes me wonder if Jeanie and the marketing arm of the Lakers are in a funk for striking out on the big names, even as Mitch seems to have bounced back and brought in some decent players.

Rocco007
07-09-2015, 01:33 PM
gary washburn ‏@GwashburnGlobe 12h12 hours ago
Brandon Bass contract with #Lakers has been finalized, according to NBA source. Should get standing O when he returns to TD Garden next year

nickdymez
07-09-2015, 01:38 PM
After LMA blew up on the launch pad, then Jeanie and Jim were absent from the second meeting, it seems like the Lakers' PR has been out of sync, if not non-existent. Makes me wonder if Jeanie and the marketing arm of the Lakers are in a funk for striking out on the big names, even as Mitch seems to have bounced back and brought in some decent players.
These last few weeks should have taught you to not listen to the media one bit. No one knows what truly happens, just a bunch of hatin *** mutha****as talkin dumb ****

Iron24th
07-09-2015, 03:47 PM
We signed Bass because he is better than all of our front line players outside of Julius. I'm also sure that Kelly and Sacre will be traded. This sets up a nice big man rotation of Hibbert, Julius, Bass, Black, and Upshaw

Agreed

BrewinRamLakers
07-09-2015, 06:36 PM
I always liked this guy's style of play. Glad Laker's signed him. :clap: