PDA

View Full Version : Cavs/Nets Discussing Joe Johnson Trade

Nikeman
07-05-2015, 05:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13202763/cleveland-cavaliers-interested-joe-johnson-brooklyn-nets

Haywood/Varejao for Johnson

Article states the Cavs would also attempt to sign West for the min as Andy's replacement.

Potential line-up of

Irving
Johnson
James
Love
Mozgov

With TT, West, Shumpert, Delly, (JR - Maybe), etc off the bench.

verceroth
07-05-2015, 05:24 PM
should be vetoed for basketball reasons, before it begins. dan gilbert is the biggest hypocrite

Ty Fast
07-05-2015, 05:25 PM
I would start TT over Mozzy

Nikeman
07-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I would start TT over Mozzy

With Love at center? No lol

TT/Love could have worked against GS's small ball line-up, but they need Mozgov as their post defender.

That being said, Johnson is a perfect fit for this team. Can knock down the 3 at a great percentage, can go 1 vs 1 and score when needed and just fits in perfectly with LeBron/Irving and alleviates their pressure at the offensive end.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2015, 05:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13202763/cleveland-cavaliers-interested-joe-johnson-brooklyn-nets

Haywood/Varejao for Johnson

Article states the Cavs would also attempt to sign West for the min as Andy's replacement.

Potential line-up of

Irving
Johnson
James
Love
Mozgov

With TT, West, Shumpert, Delly, (JR - Maybe), etc off the bench.

Killer trade for Cavs. Hope it goes down. Cavs-Warriors Part II. Meant to be.

*Silver&Black*
07-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Lebron and half the league vs Spurs in the finals.

hugepatsfan
I wonder if this could be tied to the TT situation? Maybe he goes to BRK in a S&T if CLE doesn't want to pay him long-term. They can justify it to Lebron by getting back an even better talent for this year and sell him on actually having some flexibility next offseason rather than being locked into a middling talent in TT. It would be TT under whatever deal BRK gives him plus Haywood to make salaries work.

Then they use their tax-payers MLE on West as has been rumored…

Irving/Delly
Shumpert/JJ
Lebron/Miller
Love/West
Mozgov/Andy V

Or it could be completely independent of the TT situation. But then they have to include Andy V and Joe Harris with Haywood to make it work. They could still use their mini-MLE on West.

Irving/Delly
Shumpert/JJ
Lebron/Miller
Love/TT
Mozgov/West

To be honest, I like the 1st scenario better for CLE. Long-term it saves them money with Andy V instead of TT. Plus I think 2 Cs and 2 PFs makes more sense than 3 PFs and 1 C.

bleedprple&gold
Wow, Cavs adding MORE salary?

Nikeman
07-05-2015, 05:34 PM

Joe would be a one year rental, but he fits in with that team amazing. Next season however I believe they would own his bird rights to resign him if need be

GoferKing_
07-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Help me out. If they get Joe and sign TT to near max, how much will they be over the cap? Is that even possible for them to do that? Even with Hay and Andy gone?

KnicksorBust
07-05-2015, 05:40 PM

Joe would be a one year rental, but he fits in with that team amazing. Next season however I believe they would own his bird rights to resign him if need be

Yeah arent Moz and a haywood a decent amount of $

Whitemamba24x
07-05-2015, 05:51 PM
This is like Miami adding Ray Ray in year 2. Except Johnson may just have a l I t t l e more gas left in the tank. At least for 1-2 more seasons now that he has a chance to win a title, sure he'll give it all hes got.
Nice power move by the Cavs.
Its a shame theres really no team in the East that could threaten them, even just a little, but not all all. James gets to just ice skate his way right into the finals once again. Than finally he'll have to play against the bigger boys in which than, finally, reality will again kick in and hell actually have to hustle.

Cle vs. Golden State or San Antonio

Utd7
07-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Wow, their luxury tax bill is going to be INSANE if they take on JJ's contract. Isn't he the second highest paid behind Kobe?

Teeboy1487
07-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Any shooter fits well with Lebron especially Joe Johnson.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2015, 05:59 PM
huge luxury tax for a guy who is barely an average starter. I guess he is an upgrade to whatever they marched out there, but I don't see why for Cleveland. I guess just spend a zillion dollars and give it a one year shot...

bucketss
07-05-2015, 05:59 PM
cavs gonna lose a lot of money, now if these dudes start getting injured that would suck.

Jarvo
07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
That bench still sucks lololol After what JR did in The Finals I wouldn't trust him or wouldn't let him back and that overpaid contract that Thompson gonna get smh, Lebron needs to stop trying to look out for his friend and try to get a bench where he won't have to play crazy minutes in The Playoffs.

bucketss
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
joe is good, but might as well just resign jr smith, they're the same player basically.

Nikeman
07-05-2015, 06:17 PM
joe is good, but might as well just resign jr smith, they're the same player basically.

Nope... Joe Johnson is known as Iso Joe, he is elite at creating his own shot, JR Smith is a shooter and a head case. Joe is also a 10x more consistent shooter and better player.

Nikeman
07-05-2015, 06:17 PM
That bench still sucks lololol After what JR did in The Finals I wouldn't trust him or wouldn't let him back and that overpaid contract that Thompson gonna get smh, Lebron needs to stop trying to look out for his friend and try to get a bench where he won't have to play crazy minutes in The Playoffs.

If your bench is TT, Shump, Delly, David West (not guranteed), thats a solid bench

MonroeFAN
07-05-2015, 06:19 PM
I don't understand people with the "half the league" comments. Just because they're being paid well doesn't mean they're good players. For the most part his roster is still kind of ugly.

HYFR
07-05-2015, 06:21 PM
I don't really like this for the cavs.

cheetos185
07-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Lebron must taking lessons from Brian Cashman 😂

IBleedPurple
07-05-2015, 06:34 PM
should be vetoed for basketball reasons, before it begins. dan gilbert is the biggest hypocriteYep

rocketfuel
07-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Are we getting Joe Johnson the name....or is he close to as good as he was in his prime? 2nd highest paid in the league is a hell of a contract to take on after you've maxed out Love and given Tristan near max (guessing that's what it would take)....

KnicksorBust
07-05-2015, 06:48 PM
huge luxury tax for a guy who is barely an average starter. I guess he is an upgrade to whatever they marched out there, but I don't see why for Cleveland. I guess just spend a zillion dollars and give it a one year shot...

JJ shooting 3's >>>>>> Shumpert/delly

HYFR
07-05-2015, 07:01 PM

Nope... Joe Johnson is known as Iso Joe, he is elite at creating his own shot, JR Smith is a shooter and a head case. Joe is also a 10x more consistent shooter and better player.

He got that name because they ran the offense thru him in atl and that's all they did lol. He's not elite at getting his shot either and an average defender at best. I just don't like it

Minimal
07-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Cavs are making a mistake. Wrong player they are looking at. JJ is garbage, and he is 34. Sign JR and you will be better.

J_M_B
07-05-2015, 07:20 PM
He seems like a good fit next to LeBron, but man are they going deep into the tax. This has to rival what Brooklyn spent a couple years ago.

Cracka2HI!
07-05-2015, 07:39 PM
I think LeBron may want Gilbert to resign as owner.

RLundi
07-05-2015, 07:47 PM
I like the move. It would give the Cavs another player who can create his own shot, meaning less pressure on LeBron in the Finals where the game, pace and tempo will invariably slow down.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Some of you might be forgetting role player JJ from his Phoenix days. He was a monster playing off Nash and fits perfectly with LeBron.

numba1CHANGsta
07-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Dan Gilbert sure gives a lot of bj's

Ty22Mitchell
07-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Lebron and half the league vs Spurs in the finals.

Lmao.

Jarvo
07-05-2015, 08:53 PM
If your bench is TT, Shump, Delly, David West (not guranteed), thats a solid bench

TT can only rebound (but if they give him that crazy contract that's dumb)
Delly is hella overrated
IF they snag West that's nice
Shump is Shump

bstnfn34
07-05-2015, 09:02 PM
I like the move. It would give the Cavs another player who can create his own shot, meaning less pressure on LeBron in the Finals where the game, pace and tempo will invariably slow down.

But what since does it make for Brooklyn? I mean it seems like they are going on a tanking route but they don't have their draft picks I believe for the next 3 years, next year to Boston year after that Boston can switch and year after that Boston has. I get cap relief but all the big dogs are snatched up that would make a difference on a team. Keep your good players and stay competitive imo. Am I wrong? It's not like Andy v is going to stay healthy for the year and actually make a difference?

thomass
07-05-2015, 09:08 PM
**** that. Veto this ****.

meloman1592
07-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Lol is this a joke?

bstnfn34
07-05-2015, 09:20 PM
As a celtics fan I'm all for it. Lottery pick would be nice from Brooklyn, I just don't see why the nets would do it. I see no incentive besides maybe going under luxury tax but this year would more than likely ruin the nets for years. Even if they get a pick from Cavs that's going to be garbage... at least with jj they are putting butts in the seats and winning a few games probably playoffs.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2015, 09:27 PM
JJ shooting 3's >>>>>> Shumpert/delly

so how was my statement wrong haha?

Shump/Delly are better off as 10th-15th guys. JJ is fine and all, but he isn't even a good starting player.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Some of you might be forgetting role player JJ from his Phoenix days. He was a monster playing off Nash and fits perfectly with LeBron.

when he was how old?

tredigs
07-05-2015, 10:14 PM
when he was how old?

Same thought. I'm sure some are forgetting... seeing as it was over a decade ago.

This would be another crazy signing though. Is Gilbert just going to pay 2x as much in fines alone as any other roster in NBA history? 5 Max players?

FYL_McVeezy
07-05-2015, 10:16 PM
NBA is a joke and **** that two face bastard Dan Gilbert Lebron has you by the balls!

LMAOOOO but seriously is this gonna break a team salary record or something??

LakerShow
07-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Should be vetoed. **** Dan Gilbert.

RateSports
07-05-2015, 10:25 PM
If the Cavaliers pull this off, they will annihilate everyone next season.

tredigs
07-05-2015, 10:26 PM
NBA is a joke and **** that two face bastard Dan Gilbert Lebron has you by the balls!

LMAOOOO but seriously is this gonna break a team salary record or something??

I'm pretty sure they'd be approaching 200 million in tax penalties alone.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2015, 10:35 PM

when he was how old?

Man people just can't win. To me he is the great fit with Lebron because he knows how to fulfill that role. His Phoenix days are a positive not ancient history. He is a damn good shooter and has proven repeatedly to be a valuable clutch player in the 4th quarter of games. If there is one skill that can translate from 24 to 34 it is spot-up shooting and that is exactly what you need to excel at as a teammate of Lebron.

tredigs
07-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Obviously he'd be a great asset to the team, it's just insane to think that Lebron the GM might actually get Gilbert to spend a quarter billion dollars on salary this season.

Ty Fast
07-05-2015, 11:05 PM
If the Cavaliers pull this off, they will annihilate everyone next season.

Spurs would beet em

Chronz
07-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Obviously he'd be a great asset to the team, it's just insane to think that Lebron the GM might actually get Gilbert to spend a quarter billion dollars on salary this season.

How much is Bron worth to Cleveland

tredigs
07-05-2015, 11:23 PM
How much is Bron worth to Cleveland

Apparently a quarter billion.

Vee-Rex
07-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Fortunately a quarter billion is chump change to Dan Gilbert.

tredigs
07-06-2015, 12:51 AM
Fortunately a quarter billion is chump change to Dan Gilbert.

Yeah, I mean he's probably in the top 10 richest owners, but there's far richer and nobody has ever done something like this. Definitely fun if you're a Cavs fan.

RateSports
07-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Spurs would beet em

LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Johnson, West, Mozgov, Tristan, Shump.

There is no lineup in the league that compares to that.

nastynice
07-06-2015, 02:23 AM
Wow, cleveland ain't messin around. This squad is gonna be STACKED!!

IKnowHoops
07-06-2015, 04:07 AM
I heard Bron brings 2billion a year to the city of Cleveland

tredigs
07-06-2015, 04:30 AM
I heard Bron brings 2billion a year to the city of Cleveland

Was that on, "IloveyouLebron.com"? Lol. Yikes.

I do remember an article once that purported he could generate as much as $495 million if everything went perfectly, but that was refuted by economics professors and declared a gross exaggeration after they ran the #'s and considered the totality of his impact on the community businesses.

Badluck33
07-06-2015, 08:35 AM
"If Cavs land Joe Johnson, does that make LBJ the GOAT?"

Should I start this thread or should I wait for someone else to do it...?

Hawkeye15
07-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Man people just can't win. To me he is the great fit with Lebron because he knows how to fulfill that role. His Phoenix days are a positive not ancient history. He is a damn good shooter and has proven repeatedly to be a valuable clutch player in the 4th quarter of games. If there is one skill that can translate from 24 to 34 it is spot-up shooting and that is exactly what you need to excel at as a teammate of Lebron.

oh I think he is a nice fit at this stage of his career as well. He can still create his own shot in certain matchups, and can knock down jumpers when left open. But with that money? yikes

True Sports Fan
07-06-2015, 10:27 AM
I think LeBron may want Gilbert to resign as owner.

LeBron's probably had a say on all their moves

LakersIn5
07-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Cle vs okc finals

Vinylman
07-06-2015, 11:32 AM
But what since does it make for Brooklyn? I mean it seems like they are going on a tanking route but they don't have their draft picks I believe for the next 3 years, next year to Boston year after that Boston can switch and year after that Boston has. I get cap relief but all the big dogs are snatched up that would make a difference on a team. Keep your good players and stay competitive imo. Am I wrong? It's not like Andy v is going to stay healthy for the year and actually make a difference?

Are you kidding? they are gonna get killed with the repeater tax this year unless they unload someone...

This is a great deal for Cleveland even though it will cost them more in LT this year because they will be able to get rid of Andy's deal which is HORRID...

On top of that they can probably resign JJ for around $7-8 million in the offseason...

If they pull this off and can get Mo or west for the exception there is no way this team if healthy loses next year...

Scoots
07-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Still have to re-sign TT (again), LeBron, and JR ... trade for JJ while losing AV ... then re-up Mozgov ... and that's essentially your team for 2 years. Pretty good team, worthy title favorites, and Gilbert is going to PAY for it.

phantasyyy
07-06-2015, 01:58 PM
one question though...

WHY does Brooklyn want AV? lol

It makes absolutely no sense, hes not gonna help them any more than JJ and he is just freshly signed to that 10m+ contract.

Why would Brooklyn want to help Cleveland all the while delaying their inevital rebuild by having AV on their books for 3 more years as opposed to JJ's expiring contract.

Vinylman
07-06-2015, 02:23 PM
one question though...

It makes absolutely no sense, hes not gonna help them any more than JJ and he is just freshly signed to that 10m+ contract.

Why would Brooklyn want to help Cleveland all the while delaying their inevital rebuild by having AV on their books for 3 more years as opposed to JJ's expiring contract.

The Russian is broke... have you seen the price of oil?

Anyway, Brooklyn doesn't want Andy ... he just has to be part of the deal... getting Haywood is the key so they can just cut him.

beasted86
07-06-2015, 02:55 PM
one question though...

Brooklyn will be in the repeater tax. Trading would save $14M in salary for a total of around $35M in taxes.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah BRK would stand to save a lot of luxury tax money if they trade JJ for AV/Haywood then release Haywood. Remember though, AV has 2 years left on his deal while JJ is expiring so there would be an extra $10 mil on their books next year. $10 mil of what they save this year just gets pushed back into next year but there will be no luxury tax on it so yeah, still huge savings overall.

Scoots
07-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Still Brooklyn should be looking to get picks from the Cavs even if they are in 12 years.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Still Brooklyn should be looking to get picks from the Cavs even if they are in 12 years.

Sixers probably already own those picks...

Vee-Rex
07-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Brooklyn is trying to find a third team to jump in the deal and take AV. They don't want his contract (he has 2 more years on it), they mainly want Haywood's non-guaranteed contract.

Muttman73
07-06-2015, 03:20 PM
If you can't win one just buy one, nice legacy there LBJ.

RateSports
07-06-2015, 03:45 PM
^^

Your location is San Antonio dude.

You guys have literally cheated the system with your superstars taking no money at all so that you can acquire assets to win your championships.

Munkeysuit
07-06-2015, 04:13 PM
This trade would have happened should the Nets have never gotten interests from other teams with potentially better trade assets to acquire in return...this is probably the main reason why these talks have stalled. Brooklyn is pretty desperate to unload either Johnson's or Williams contracts as they are set to pay around $40-$50 mil in repeaters taxes this coming season.

Scoots
07-06-2015, 04:32 PM
The Nets have been trying to unload contracts since 1/3 of the way into the season last year ... not an easy trade to pull off, but they don't have any picks left to send to the Sixers :)

InRoseWeTrust
07-06-2015, 04:33 PM
^^

Your location is San Antonio dude.

You guys have literally cheated the system with your superstars taking no money at all so that you can acquire assets to win your championships.

No, they haven't literally cheated the system because they aren't breaking any rules. Literally cheating would imply something much different.

Scoots
07-06-2015, 04:35 PM
The Warriors have signed all of their players below max contracts ... I guess they are cheating too.

beasted86
07-06-2015, 04:40 PM
This trade would have happened should the Nets have never gotten interests from other teams with potentially better trade assets to acquire in return...this is probably the main reason why these talks have stalled. Brooklyn is pretty desperate to unload either Johnson's or Williams contracts as they are set to pay around $40-$50 mil in repeaters taxes this coming season.

There aren't many teams that can even match the salaries is the problem.

But you're right, I'm sure the hang up is taking Varejao.

If they waive Johnson with the stretch provision his money would split in 3 and count only $8M versus 10+ for Andy V.

They could also trade for Varejao then stretch him instead over 6 years for more savings, but they probably don't want that long term hit.

FYL_McVeezy
07-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Cle vs okc finals

Cle vs GS/SA/OKC finals

Cle wins title

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Maybe the Clips should get involved and try to get Varejao... They need a 5 man. Not sure who they could offer as salary relief to the Nets. Maybe Lance?

Cavs get Joe Johnson
Clips get Anderson Varejao
Nets get Lance Stephenson and Brendan Haywood

countrycasanova
07-06-2015, 05:24 PM
I can see the thinking behind (having a SG that can actually shoot) wanting to add JJ to the squad, even after signing IMAN to that awful contract. There is no way I would allow Lebron to make me overpay for TT on top of everything else.

OA SLAY
07-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Cle vs GS/SA/OKC finals

Cle wins title
Those 3 Rosters merge together would slay the Cavs!

Scoots
07-06-2015, 05:40 PM

Those three rosters together would self destruct. Maybe SA/GSW could merge and survive, but adding OKC would be a step too far.

When is JR Smith going to sign his contract with the Cavs?

FraziersKnicks
07-06-2015, 05:42 PM

PG: Russell Westbrook/Tony Parker
SG: Stephen Curry/Klay Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leonard
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Draymond Green
C: Tim Duncan/Serge Ibaka

:laugh2:

Tbh, the top 3 teams from the East would make a nice roster as well.

PG: Kyrie Irving/Jeff Teague
SG: Jimmy Butler/JR Smith
SF: LeBron James/Kyle Korver
PF: Kevin Love/Paul Millsap
C: Al Horford/Pau Gasol

numba1CHANGsta
07-06-2015, 06:30 PM
The Cavs seem to want everyone these days, now they want to get Crawford from the Clippers. The Cavs are already stacked why do they want more good role players? don't believe in their big 3 so they have to go out and get more help lol the NBA is a joke

hugepatsfan
07-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Are people really upset about CLE trying to build the best team they can? lol

JordansBulls
07-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Bulls should trade Noah for Joe Johnson.

Chronz
07-06-2015, 07:30 PM
The Cavs seem to want everyone these days, now they want to get Crawford from the Clippers. The Cavs are already stacked why do they want more good role players? don't believe in their big 3 so they have to go out and get more help lol the NBA is a joke

its an arms race there are like 3 contenders this year. and jamal isnt good man just entertaining and serviceable during the regular season

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Cle vs okc finals

Cle vs GS/SA/OKC finals

Cle wins title

Cleveland aren't winning Jack

Hawkeye15
07-06-2015, 09:07 PM

JJ and Crawford aren't even good players......

If the Cavs were so stacked, why did injuries to their 2 of their top 3 put the worst contending team in history on the floor, outside its star?

tredigs
07-06-2015, 10:24 PM
JJ and Crawford aren't even good players......

If the Cavs were so stacked, why did injuries to their 2 of their top 3 put the worst contending team in history on the floor, outside its star?

There would be no shortage of "worst contending team ever"s out there if we took two of the top 3 off any Finals teams.

RateSports
07-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Are people really upset about CLE trying to build the best team they can? lol
Lol I know right? That's the fad these says.

Anything that involves LeBron, let's slam. The Spurs are doing the exact same thing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Well factor in AV is injury prone. Then Irving and Love had the injury bug last year. LeBron cant shoulder the load all himself any more. Also old role players wont hold much. Mo and Miller are getting up there. Tons of these guys are getting way over paid even with the cap going up. Cavs following in the foot steps of all in like Nets when they had the big trade of KG and Pierce. Also luxury tax to keep LeBron happy before he falls off completely. Cavs capped out way before the cap goes up to $100M+ in few years. LeBron has to win this year or bust.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2015, 06:04 PM
There would be no shortage of "worst contending team ever"s out there if we took two of the top 3 off any Finals teams.

I might look that up later. For instance, the Heat were still better than this years Cavs finals roster if you removed Wade/Bosh. The Warriors are better if you remove Klay/Green. The Spurs are better if you remove Leoard/Parker. And so on...

hugepatsfan
07-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Lol I know right? That's the fad these says.

Anything that involves LeBron, let's slam. The Spurs are doing the exact same thing.

Well Lebron deserves 90% of the individual hate he gets because he's a turd of a person. (In the context of an NBA player of course - don't know him personally.) He's the most arrogant, self-centered person in the world until something goes wrong and then it's deflect, deflect, deflect. If you go through all his press conference transcripts "I don't make excuses but (insert excuse)" is probably the most used phrase. I can't fathom how anyone who cares about more than talent could root for him as a player. So he deserves all of that. But for people to actually criticize a team for exhausting its available resources to improve is mind-numbingly stupid to me.

WITZ
07-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Well factor in AV is injury prone. Then Irving and Love had the injury bug last year. LeBron cant shoulder the load all himself any more. Also old role players wont hold much. Mo and Miller are getting up there. Tons of these guys are getting way over paid even with the cap going up. Cavs following in the foot steps of all in like Nets when they had the big trade of KG and Pierce. Also luxury tax to keep LeBron happy before he falls off completely. Cavs capped out way before the cap goes up to $100M+ in few years. LeBron has to win this year or bust.

They both played 75 Games in regular season 1 went out thanks to Olynyk yanking out Loves shoulder & the other went down due to banging knees wouldn't call that an injury bug. Big difference in KG & Pierce deal they were old as hell and on the decline, Love is 26 ,Irving 23 and our on the upside. Saying he has to win this year or bust is laughable. So long as lebron doesn't completely fall off the wagon the cavs are set up to contend for a title for a while.

tredigs
07-08-2015, 12:38 AM
I might look that up later. For instance, the Heat were still better than this years Cavs finals roster if you removed Wade/Bosh. The Warriors are better if you remove Klay/Green. The Spurs are better if you remove Leoard/Parker. And so on...

You think the Heat last year without Wade/Bosh would be better? I don't see why. The Warriors and Spurs yes, those are very well built teams. I don't have the energy to go through a bunch of them right now, but I feel like by and large teams without their 2/3 take a massive hit and exactly none of them are true contenders.

RateSports
07-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Well Lebron deserves 90% of the individual hate he gets because he's a turd of a person. (In the context of an NBA player of course - don't know him personally.) He's the most arrogant, self-centered person in the world until something goes wrong and then it's deflect, deflect, deflect. If you go through all his press conference transcripts "I don't make excuses but (insert excuse)" is probably the most used phrase. I can't fathom how anyone who cares about more than talent could root for him as a player. So he deserves all of that. But for people to actually criticize a team for exhausting its available resources to improve is mind-numbingly stupid to me.

I respectfully disagree with virtually all of that actually.

My family knows a few people who actually know him personally and say that he is a wonderful dad, and very polite to the mass amounts of people he has to deal with on a daily basis. He definitely comes across that way to me too, when I see him on TV/etc.

I do wonder what you people would have thought of MJ with his gambling and alleged cocaine use, and his demeanor towards virtually everyone that he dealt with in his playing days. He would be one of the most hated athletes in today's era (in my opinion).

I do agree with your sig pic though haha.

hugepatsfan
07-08-2015, 10:44 AM

My family knows a few people who actually know him personally and say that he is a wonderful dad, and very polite to the mass amounts of people he has to deal with on a daily basis. He definitely comes across that way to me too, when I see him on TV/etc.

I do wonder what you people would have thought of MJ with his gambling and alleged cocaine use, and his demeanor towards virtually everyone that he dealt with in his playing days. He would be one of the most hated athletes in today's era (in my opinion).

I wasn't talking to him personally. I'm just talking how he talks about basketball. He always says that he doesn't make excuses because it's a good sound bite but then he proceeds to make excuses. Annoys me more than I can put into words. If you want to be a cocky, arrogant douche and talk about how great you are then be a cocky, arrogant douche and talk about how great you are. Heck, I love those players in a lot of cases. But if you wanna do that you don't get to make excuses when you lose. Kobe/MJ/etc. are hugely arrogant but you'll never hear them after a game say stuff like "I'll never use fatigue/injury as an excuse but they make it hard for to play my best out there." It's just annoying how he wants the entire spotlight on him when things are good but doesn't want any of it when it's bad. That's separate from who he is as a person because basketball in the grand scheme of things is small but as a basketball player I just can't root for someone like that.

And I wish I found the pic in better quality but I'm too lazy to change it haha.

BoSox47
07-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Please cleveland take Joe Johnson away from Brooklyn. Celtics have their unprotected 2016 draft pick. Could be top 5-7.

BoSox47
07-08-2015, 11:05 AM
should be vetoed for basketball reasons, before it begins. dan gilbert is the biggest hypocrite http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

If cavs wanna pay the tax for it then let it be, any other team/fan would love to do it if it was happening to them.

rocketfuel
07-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Lebron the GM doesn't seem too concerned about the cap.

prodigy
07-09-2015, 04:15 PM

Most people who know MJ flat out say he's a horrible human being. But IDC ill never talk to him lol.

prodigy
07-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Lebron the GM doesn't seem too concerned about the cap.

Lebron had no idea who Mosgov was, so its funny when people still assume Lebrons the GM. Sure he has a say like any great player does. But He's not the one who got Mos, or got Shumpert and Smith. Cavs hve a very good GM.

Plus if he was the GM Thompson would be signed by now for like 20 mill a year.

LakersIn5
07-09-2015, 04:28 PM

the warriors lineup of
Bogut lee barnes iggy curry might be better on paper but i doubt they beat the cavs finals roster. The warriors main asset is their depth if you take off green and klay their bench would only have speights, shaun and barbosa. theyre good but not as that good to be main guys off the bench.

Same with spurs lineup of

Splitter duncan green belineli mills with diaw,manu as the bench.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2015, 04:33 PM
You think the Heat last year without Wade/Bosh would be better? I don't see why. The Warriors and Spurs yes, those are very well built teams. I don't have the energy to go through a bunch of them right now, but I feel like by and large teams without their 2/3 take a massive hit and exactly none of them are true contenders.

bottom line is, after Irving went down, that was the crappiest supporting roster in finals history most likely, for a #1 player.

tredigs
07-09-2015, 04:48 PM
bottom line is, after Irving went down, that was the crappiest supporting roster in finals history most likely, for a #1 player.

Oh, for sure. That's why they got pounded by ~15 points the final 3 games once the Warriors figured out how to exploit their new rotation. That definitely wasn't my argument, I was just responding to your point. Though I'm not sure they were all that much worse than the roster Hakeem won with in '93.

Chronz
07-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Oh, for sure. That's why they got pounded by ~15 points the final 3 games once the Warriors figured out how to exploit their new rotation. That definitely wasn't my argument, I was just responding to your point. Though I'm not sure they were all that much worse than the roster Hakeem won with in '93.

Way worse, particularly given the competition they faced. Otis Thorpe would have been a godsend for Bron, not to mention the clutch mofos they had up and down that roster. Bron definitely carried the biggest load I've ever seen from 1 star these Finals.

prodigy
07-10-2015, 01:26 PM
1 more consistant scorer on the cavs i feel like they would've won the ship. Shoot even 12-15pts from a mo Williams could've made a huge difference. They just had no offense at all. Then again if 3 of the top 4 players on any team went down i don't expect them to play much better then cleveland did.

I'm still shocked it went 6 games lol.