PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay on Josh Smith, via Snapchat: 'He a King next'

joeystats
07-05-2015, 03:59 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25233664/rudy-gay-on-josh-smith-on-snapchat-he-a-king-next

Vinny642
07-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Oh god smh

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Yes please.

Rondo, J Smoove and Cousins? My oh my. Time to rebrand. The Sacramento Psychopaths.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2015, 04:39 PM
During Rondo's time in BOS Rudy Gay and Josh Smith were supposedly the guys he was close with and wanted to play with. Apparently he's close friends with both and judging from this Gay and Smith are cool too. I question how their games mesh but with them being friends I'm not as worried chemistry wise as if they had no connection. Of course, what's that saying about how being roommates with a friend will cost you your friend??? lol

Scoots
07-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Yes please.

Rondo, J Smoove and Cousins? My oh my. Time to rebrand. The Sacramento Psychopaths.

And WCS, and Karl to coach them, and Gay is no normal dude either.

2-ONE-5
07-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Yes please.

get ya popcorn ready!

mbsalame123
07-05-2015, 04:53 PM
You guys are bashing the Kings for their chemistry issues but don't realize that these 3 guys (smith, rondo, and gay) are best friends and Cousins will play well no matter what. Karl might have issues with this team but he has been through this before, coaching the Denver Nuggets team that had Melo, AI, Kenyon Martin, and JR Smith.

These 3 players (smith, rondo, and gay) will excel in a run and gun offense that Karl runs and I think if they set their egos aside and play, they can be as good as any team in the west, competing with the rockets, spurs, warriors, thunder, and grizzlies.

Don't forget Ben Mclemore and a bench of Koufos, WCS, Collison, and Belinelli. This team is a playoff team and I think they will get their mindsets right and make some noise in the west

Whitemamba24x
07-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I assume Sacremento will be looking to shed some cap space and deal Collison with the recent addition of Rajon Rondo

Assuming they sign Smith -
Rajon Rondo, Darren Collison, Andre Miller
Marco Belinelli, Ray McCollum
Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore
Josh Smith, Willie Cauley-Stein, Reggie Evans
DeMarcus Cousins, Kosta Koufos, Eric Moreland

In the East theyd be competing for the 3rd seed....

2-ONE-5
07-05-2015, 05:43 PM
You guys are bashing the Kings for their chemistry issues but don't realize that these 3 guys (smith, rondo, and gay) are best friends and Cousins will play well no matter what. Karl might have issues with this team but he has been through this before, coaching the Denver Nuggets team that had Melo, AI, Kenyon Martin, and JR Smith.

These 3 players (smith, rondo, and gay) will excel in a run and gun offense that Karl runs and I think if they set their egos aside and play, they can be as good as any team in the west, competing with the rockets, spurs, warriors, thunder, and grizzlies.

Don't forget Ben Mclemore and a bench of Koufos, WCS, Collison, and Belinelli. This team is a playoff team and I think they will get their mindsets right and make some noise in the west

i cant see Cousins doing too well in a fast paced O and this team is fr from a playoff team. who are the knocking out?

MonroeFAN
07-05-2015, 06:21 PM
In the east they would suck, same as in the west.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 06:39 PM

I wasn't bashing them for their chemistry issues. They're all absolutely insane. How many technicals will they accumulate as a team? How many scuffles will they get into? Who's going to pull their Sprewell impersonation and be the first to choke the coach? Who's going to be on the receiving end of a George Karl roundhouse?

All of these questions need answered.

I'm not criticising their chemistry.

1. We haven't even seen them play yet.

2. They're equally insane. They will hate and love each other in equal amounts I'm sure of it.

3. I'm more concerned about everyone else. Including Sac fans. This will be hilariously entertaining for outsiders if it happens. But really cringe worthy for Sac fans.

I doubt it happens though. Given their lack of cap space.

TrueFan420
07-05-2015, 08:35 PM
They need to have court mandated, I mean team mandated, therapy sessions if this happens.

FYL_McVeezy
07-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Jesus Christ Sactown is trying to build the most dysfunctional family possible :laugh2:

Even funnier then that is the fact that if it works this might be a playoff team in the wild wild west....the talent fits well IMO as long as they don't clash, which it might not since it's reported that Rondo, Gay and Smoove are all cool with each other..

brandt
07-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Just because Rudy Gay says it, doesn't mean it's going to happen, so every one getting their hopes up shouldn't. First off, him saying this is just him hoping it will happen. I haven't heard from anywhere else that he was interested in them. Plus, the Kings can't afford him.

MrfadeawayJB
07-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Even if they are "friends", this group sounds toxic

sacgiants1213
07-06-2015, 12:08 AM
I assume Sacremento will be looking to shed some cap space and deal Collison with the recent addition of Rajon Rondo

Assuming they sign Smith -
Rajon Rondo, Darren Collison, Andre Miller
Marco Belinelli, Ray McCollum
Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore
Josh Smith, Willie Cauley-Stein, Reggie Evans
DeMarcus Cousins, Kosta Koufos, Eric Moreland

In the East theyd be competing for the 3rd seed....

McLemore probably starts at SG, MacCallum is strictly a PG, and they just re-signed Casspi to back up Gay at SF. Evans/Miller are UFA's.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-06-2015, 09:48 AM
i cant see Cousins doing too well in a fast paced O and this team is fr from a playoff team. who are the knocking out?

That is the problem... the West is so deep. In the East they would be a playoff team for sure IMO.

You have to assume the Blazers are out of the playoffs next season with the losses they had during FA, but OKC probably takes their place most likely. Dallas changed a bit this offseason, but probably for the better if anything. Depends on health for them, but most like still a playoff team. The Clips lost DJ at C and have yet to replace him, but still a playoff team if they stay healthy enough. The one team I could see missing the playoffs (other than Portland) is the obvious one... the Pelicans. Outside of AD, they aren't really that great. Maybe AD takes the next step and they never look back, but if he doesn't, that team is no lock for the playoffs.

Verbal Christ
07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Good for Smoove! Im happy for him. He was shat on by alot of people, and he was crucial to what Houston did late in the year. I hope he takes SacTown for every red cent he can. Between that and what Detroit will be paying him LOL dude aint worrying about anything.

2-ONE-5
07-06-2015, 01:13 PM
That is the problem... the West is so deep. In the East they would be a playoff team for sure IMO.

You have to assume the Blazers are out of the playoffs next season with the losses they had during FA, but OKC probably takes their place most likely. Dallas changed a bit this offseason, but probably for the better if anything. Depends on health for them, but most like still a playoff team. The Clips lost DJ at C and have yet to replace him, but still a playoff team if they stay healthy enough. The one team I could see missing the playoffs (other than Portland) is the obvious one... the Pelicans. Outside of AD, they aren't really that great. Maybe AD takes the next step and they never look back, but if he doesn't, that team is no lock for the playoffs.

agree with all of this but i think a healthy NO will be really good but thats just not something that can be counted on.

Lloyd Christmas
07-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Josh Smith could be a nice PF in an uptempo system. I assume Sac will be run and gunnin it next year?

Sactown
07-06-2015, 11:36 PM
What money are we going to sign him with??

brandt
07-07-2015, 12:31 AM
What money are we going to sign him with??

Exactly!

Sactown
07-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Exactly!

Love the fun of the conversation though haha

Jayb587
07-07-2015, 01:32 AM
wouldn't be surprised to see Karl resign. no way he wants to coach this team.