PDA

View Full Version : O'Quinn to NY

Stunner
07-04-2015, 07:18 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: Free agent Kyle O’Quinn has agreed to a four-year, $16M deal with New York. Knicks acquire him in sign-and-trade with Orlando.

I like this move , NY C. Spot locked for a few years

Stunner
07-04-2015, 07:18 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: As part of O'Quinn sign-and-trade, New York will send Orlando cash and the right of swap a second-round draft pick in 2019.

GiantsSwaGG
07-04-2015, 07:19 PM
I like it

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 07:25 PM
https://heymikeyatl.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/phil-jackson-1.jpg

Another solid move by Phil, hopefully he can continue to grow and expand his game in a larger role. Started 17 games last year and averaged 21 MPG, 7.8 PPG, 4.5 REB, 1.7 AST with a slash line of .445/.381/.864. 8-21 from 3 in those games, not high volume but a blip of the ability to hit some open 3's if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXTCdKhB5Uw

Legitimate
07-04-2015, 07:30 PM
nyc definetly championship contenders now, solid signing

5ass
07-04-2015, 07:33 PM
knicks fans are going to be surprised with what this guy can do. Good signing,

NYKnickFanatic
07-04-2015, 07:44 PM

Don't know anything about him. Looking forward to see what he has.

Jamiecballer
07-04-2015, 07:45 PM
I have no idea who this mofo is

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 07:50 PM

I really like what I'm seeing on tape, excited to see what he can do. I think he's going to start at PF at first and should get 20-25 MPG, so he'll have the opportunity to prove what he can do.

Calderon
Afflalo
Melo
O'Quinn
Lopez

Got a basketball team building there, with a bench of young players to develop. They'll likely wrap the offseason up with bringing back Jason Smith on a 1-year vet min deal to be a backup C, but I expect O'Quinn to get minutes there too.

D-Leethal
07-04-2015, 07:55 PM
I have no idea who this mofo is

He made his name in the tourny a few years back on Norfolk State when they upset Missouri as a 15 seed. Great defender and rebounder with a jump shot. Plays very tough ball. NYC native, typical "fan favorite" type of role player.

No sexy names for us this offseason but it's clear Phil has a plan and is building a TEAM rather than a collection of talent. You can see defined roles, everyone he has acquired plays high IQ ball and plays with heart. Not enough talent to go deep next year but it will be nice to kick the tires and bit and take it from there. This is a team that NYers can rally around and be proud to root for.

Talent overall may have downgraded from JR, Shump, Tyson, STAT but the IQ, fit around Melo and gritty style of play should make up for that.

xxplayerxx23
07-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Improving defense toughness and rebounding like it a lots key will be rookies success and if affalo can reform into his Orlando days offensively

Jamiecballer
07-04-2015, 08:00 PM
He made his name in the tourny a few years back on Norfolk State when they upset Missouri as a 15 seed. Great defender and rebounder with a jump shot. Plays very tough ball. NYC native, typical "fan favorite" type of role player.

No sexy names for us this offseason but it's clear Phil has a plan and is building a TEAM rather than a collection of talent. You can see defined roles, everyone he has acquired plays high IQ ball and plays with heart. Not enough talent to go deep next year but it will be nice to kick the tires and bit and take it from there. This is a team that NYers can rally around and be proud to root for.

Talent overall may have downgraded from JR, Shump, Tyson, STAT but the IQ, fit around Melo and gritty style of play should make up for that.
Cool, I'm sure I'll see him plenty when our teams battle for the titanic

pebloemer
07-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I liked what I saw from O'Quinn last year. Decent role player. Money is pretty cheap too. Especially the next few years after this one.

jakub
07-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Guy does not understand how to keep his hands to himself

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Great hussle player will be missed for sure glad he got his pay day

KnicksorBust
07-04-2015, 10:56 PM
I was surprised to read an article about him that said:

"He is expected to get at least $5 million per year, but that number could reasonably go up to the $7-9 million range if a team buys into what he can produce given more minutes."

Looks like we might have saved a few mil. Plus considering the new cap this is almost going to be a vet min deal in a year or two. I like him and Lopez bringing rebounding and defense to our empty frontcourt. Something the Knicks desperately needed. Plus they are both locked up in 4 year deals so we have some stability. Now the big hope is Porzingis steps up and beats him out for PF and O'Quinn settles as a backup C. Still hate the Derrick Williams signing.

blahblahyoutoo
07-04-2015, 11:19 PM
O'who???

DarkKnight
07-04-2015, 11:38 PM
Edit troll :laugh:

CityofTreez
07-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Good deal, too bad they signed the clown named Derrick Williams.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2015, 09:05 AM
I like this for NY. These are the type of moves they need to look to make if they want to compete in FA next year. No one wants to come to a barren roster. You have to have some players in place but they have to be cheap so you can afford to actually pay the FAs that want to come. The Lopez deal was a little on the expensive side for that but a rim-protecting C is something that a lot of players want in place because it helps their own game.

Jamiecballer
07-05-2015, 09:46 AM
I like this for NY. These are the type of moves they need to look to make if they want to compete in FA next year. No one wants to come to a barren roster. You have to have some players in place but they have to be cheap so you can afford to actually pay the FAs that want to come. The Lopez deal was a little on the expensive side for that but a rim-protecting C is something that a lot of players want in place because it helps their own game.
Great point. I think we are learning that making a big free agent move requires a much different environment than a tanking one. You need to have enough assets in place so that the marquee free agent can see themselves as THE missing piece. As much as most NBA stars have a much greater estimation of themselves than they should, most are realistic enough to know that they can't do it themselves and are unwilling to tie their future to a promise that another star is coming.