PDA

View Full Version : Is LMA going to the Spurs worse than LBJ forming a Big 3 on the Heat?

east fb knicks
07-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Imo it's pretty pathetic all these stars teaming up instead of trying to win it the honest way the spurs have dominated the Blazers since lma has been there why not try to beat them

WOwolfOL
07-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Lol win the honest way

GREATNESS ONE
07-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Nope.

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Ya! How dare LMA want to win and play w good players! He should have asked Portland to trade away all talented pieces and sign D Leaguers for him to play with!

Ya!

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-04-2015, 06:34 PM
This thread is pathetic. He's going to a team where Duncan is barely in his prime. He's going to be the face of the franchise after Duncan retires.

Raidaz4Life
07-04-2015, 06:36 PM
lol reach this is nowhere near the level of the Miami big 3. This was just a smart move by a guy that needed a change of scenery

east fb knicks
07-04-2015, 06:39 PM
How is it not like lethot it's actually worse pop is one of the greatest coaches ever parker kawhi lma replaces timmy I mean dam that's a extremely stacked team

flea
07-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Don't know what's funnier, the idea proposed in this thread that Aldridge choosing a good team is at all comparable to 3 of the top 5 players in a conference colluding in order to play together, or the idea that Duncan at 39 years old is still in his prime.

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Who is lethot?

J_M_B
07-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Lol

Aust
07-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Not even close.

Shady66
07-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Lol

Scoots
07-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Um. No.

Being a Warriors fan I'd rather not have the Spurs get a LOT better ... but they got yet another year older and lost some a little to add LMA so they are not suddenly a lock to win it all.

naps
07-04-2015, 07:13 PM
WTF is a honest win?? Knicks fan is hurt. Always gets ditched by these same players. You wouldn't make this thread if they went to your team, would you?

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't even think the LMA makes the Spurs better to be honest. I think this will be Richard Jefferson all over again.

Millsap would have been a WAY better fit.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 07:16 PM
http://www.theesportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lebron-james-miami-heat-home-jersey.jpg

AllBall
07-04-2015, 07:17 PM
ITT, OP is mad Free Agents get to make moves Freely due to their own Freedom and prefers teams who win with players who don't have a say in the matter.

effen5
07-04-2015, 07:23 PM
ITT, OP is mad Free Agents get to make moves Freely due to their own Freedom and prefers teams who win with players who don't have a say in the matter.

No itt...op is mad because no free agent wants to goto the knicks

NetsPaint
07-04-2015, 07:30 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge chose a classy organization that he might soon be the face of (at least their go to guy offensively).

limebalz05
07-04-2015, 07:52 PM
LMA game has changed. He doesn't bang inside and settles for jumper. His D has dropped off too. He is still good player for next 2 yrs. should help for one last run at title

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 08:12 PM
lol reach this is nowhere near the level of the Miami big 3. This was just a smart move by a guy that needed a change of scenery

Exactly what LeBron did.

LaMarcus Aldridge chose a classy organization that he might soon be the face of (at least their go to guy offensively).

Exactly what LeBron did.

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 08:14 PM
This thread is pathetic. He's going to a team where Duncan is barely in his prime. He's going to be the face of the franchise after Duncan retires.

One could say the same about Wade.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-04-2015, 08:32 PM
No because it's not Lebron.

DemarDerozan
07-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Wow. I guess it would be the same if the Spurs organization were run by one of the goodfellas and Timmy, Kawhi and LMA were all from the same draft class and were BFF superfriends since AAU. I wonder how many rings LMA will promise when the Spurs hold their free agency self-love party?
Pop should have rented a 30 minute TV slot on ESPN, and called it the decision 2... Only instead of a pretentious love fest show the Spurs logo followed by a quick shot of Bruce Bowen bashing Joey Crawford in the head with his championship ring clad fist.

The organizations are polar opposites. IMO Miami's big three phenomenon represented everything that is wrong in the league. Greed, excess, corruption, self obsessed appearance, disloyalty, convicted felons (looking at you Birdman).

The Spurs on the other hand represent everything that is good about the NBA. True leadership, teamwork, sacrifice, small market, defense, continuity, loyalty.

This is sports entertainment... I get that but in terms of class you got this one wrong OP.

NFLNBA
07-04-2015, 08:40 PM
LMA didn't recruit everyone to sign together lol Lebron finds stars in their prime and plays with them tell they get older then leaves them for new younger group of star players. I have never seen a player so catered too with so many stacked teams....yet 2-6 in finals lmao

SoxPatsCeltsBs
07-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Did he have a huge TV special to announce the decision? This thread is poopy

DemarDerozan
07-04-2015, 08:44 PM
One could say the same about Wade.

Not even close. LeBron joined prime Wade who was arguably better than Lebron during year one.
LMA is the only too five player on the Spurs roster (Leonard might be top ten), and he's joining a 39 year old Duncan.
Not comparable.

PhillyFaninLA
07-04-2015, 08:50 PM
I wonder if this is the OP........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

PhillyFaninLA
07-04-2015, 08:51 PM
LMA went to a team that could pay him, play for one of the best coaches in professional sports, play for a class organization, and compete for a title.

I mean no one in NBA history one a title alone.

nastynice
07-04-2015, 09:02 PM
If LMA, kawai, and Duncan throw a party in which they promise not 1, not 2, then I guess we can revisit this thread, lol

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Not even close. LeBron joined prime Wade who was arguably better than Lebron during year one.
LMA is the only too five player on the Spurs roster (Leonard might be top ten), and he's joining a 39 year old Duncan.
Not comparable.

Wade's had injury concerns for years and he wasn't taking the Heat far in the few years before 2010. And LMA is s top five player of what? Western conference power forwards?

Joining A Spurs team with skins on the wall and Pop as the coach >Joining two guys barely taking their teams to the playoffs and Spolestra.

Oh, it's Demar DeRozan. Pffffft. Never mind.

IBleedPurple
07-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Not even close. Didn't even have to think about that for a second. Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 09:23 PM
If LMA, kawai, and Duncan throw a party in which they promise not 1, not 2, then I guess we can revisit this thread, lol

As far as decisions and pep rallies go, that's in ESPN. And the Decision made money for charity.

Why do I even entertain you goofballs and chuckleheads by defending what you know well and good is just LeBron hating?

nastynice
07-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Wade's had injury concerns for years and he wasn't taking the Heat far in the few years before 2010. And LMA is s top five player of what? Western conference power forwards?

Joining A Spurs team with skins on the wall and Pop as the coach >Joining two guys barely taking their teams to the playoffs and Spolestra.

Oh, it's Demar DeRozan. Pffffft. Never mind.

It's easy to say that after seeing what a disaster the Miami experiment was, but at the time u had 2 of the top 3, and 3 of the top 10 players getting together, that looked like it was gonna be something historic. Maybe LMA is making the better move, but what the Miami big 3 did was def the move that made more noise, as it should've been

IBleedPurple
07-04-2015, 09:26 PM
If LMA, kawai, and Duncan throw a party in which they promise not 1, not 2, then I guess we can revisit this thread, lolI missed this post, so much for being the first with that topic lol.

TheNumber37
07-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Imo it's pretty pathetic all these stars teaming up instead of trying to win it the honest way the spurs have dominated the Blazers since lma has been there why not try to beat them

Are you comparing 1 free agent signing to a team that got bounced in the 1st round with 3 all nba players signing with the Same Team in 1 week?

Lebron James, Wade and Bosh Never played each other in the playoffs. They all reamed up to beat the Celtics who were beating them.

Minimal
07-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Face of franchise lol. Aldridge is soon to decline, besides that he is a little overrated as a player.

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 09:41 PM
It's easy to say that after seeing what a disaster the Miami experiment was, but at the time u had 2 of the top 3, and 3 of the top 10 players getting together, that looked like it was gonna be something historic.

Bosh was Top Ten? And it wasn't historic when the Celtics already did a Big Three, they just had better role players.

Maybe LMA is making the better move, but what the Miami big 3 did was def the move that made more noise, as it should've been

It did make more noise, because LeBron is the best player in the world and he switched teams because Gilbert was so cheap and inept he let the BPitW leave in his prime. Gilbert learned his lesson. But the Spurs have been the best team the past (close to) 20 years (along with the Lakers), it's similiar.

End of the day, LMA switched teams to put himself in a better postion to win. Same exact thing LeBron did.

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Are you comparing 1 free agent signing to a team that got bounced in the 1st round with 3 all nba players signing with the Same Team in 1 week?

Lebron James, Wade and Bosh Never played each other in the playoffs. They all reamed up to beat the Celtics who were beating them.

And that Celtics team was teamed together because each of those guys couldn't win a title. Go both ways.

(And yes, two of those guys were traded, but they gave consent and we're all in to join the Celtics.)

Jarvo
07-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Face of franchise lol. Aldridge is soon to decline, besides that he is a little overrated as a player.

Could have fooled me how Heat fans got hella hype when they learned Riley had a meeting with him, Wonder if you would be saying this if Riley pulled it off.

nastynice
07-04-2015, 10:31 PM
I missed this post, so much for being the first with that topic lol.

lol, should I feel good about it...? ...or bad about it? Setup bro

nastynice
07-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Bosh was Top Ten? And it wasn't historic when the Celtics already did a Big Three, they just had better role players.

It did make more noise, because LeBron is the best player in the world and he switched teams because Gilbert was so cheap and inept he let the BPitW leave in his prime. Gilbert learned his lesson. But the Spurs have been the best team the past (close to) 20 years (along with the Lakers), it's similiar.

End of the day, LMA switched teams to put himself in a better postion to win. Same exact thing LeBron did.

Pretty easily top ten, I'd say. Well, I can say "consensus" top ten for sure.

Boston big 3 vs Miami big 3 not comparable, I dont think any explanation is even necessary, so I'm not sure why u brought that up

About a quarter to a third of free agents "put themself in a better position to win". Are you saying it's all the same? Cmon guy, u know better than that

IBleedPurple
07-04-2015, 10:36 PM
I missed this post, so much for being the first with that topic lol.

lol, should I feel good about it...? ...or bad about it? Setup broGood. You should definitely feel good.

jimm120
07-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Don't know what's funnier, the idea proposed in this thread that Aldridge choosing a good team is at all comparable to 3 of the top 5 players in a conference colluding in order to play together, or the idea that Duncan at 39 years old is still in his prime.

2 top 5 players and 1 top 15 player...but close.

And yeah, they aren't evne the same.

Parker is good, but where does he really rank in the league? Ginobili is done. Tim Duncan is about to retire. Leonard is good, but Aldridge is a lot better.

He's going to a team to team up with an old-ish parker and Leonard, while having Duncan there one final year. That's just building a team through youth.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Tim Duncan about to retire is totally comparable to prime Wade and Bosh!

KnicksorBust
07-04-2015, 11:00 PM
He made a brilliant decision for his brand but he has been a girl his whole career. I want to make it clear that he made a good decision but he is still a chick. Ditching Portland just sealed the deal for me.

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Pretty easily top ten, I'd say. Well, I can say "consensus" top ten for sure.

Boston big 3 vs Miami big 3 not comparable, I dont think any explanation is even necessary, so I'm not sure why u brought that up

Individual great players that couldn't win on their own joining up has happened for a long time, the Celtics were the last team to do it. It's not, as someone I think said, "historic".

About a quarter to a third of free agents "put themself in a better position to win". Are you saying it's all the same? Cmon guy, u know better than that

Yep. Why would it be any different?

Tony_Starks
07-04-2015, 11:38 PM

2 top 5 players and 1 top 15 player...but close.

And yeah, they aren't evne the same.

Parker is good, but where does he really rank in the league? Ginobili is done. Tim Duncan is about to retire. Leonard is good, but Aldridge is a lot better.

He's going to a team to team up with an old-ish parker and Leonard, while having Duncan there one final year. That's just building a team through youth.

Bosh at the time wasn't considered top 15, if that's who you're talking about. He was widely regarded as one of the best PF's in the game.

But you're right, there's no comparison.

First off Aldridge gave Portland the heads up which gave them plenty of time to at least maneuver at draft time. Still a loss but at least they're prepared.

Secondly he's not going to play with his peers. He's stepping onto a really good team, making them great, and transitioning into their key player as Duncan/ Parker/ Ginobli fade to black.

DemarDerozan
07-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Individual great players that couldn't win on their own joining up has happened for a long time, the Celtics were the last team to do it. It's not, as someone I think said, "historic".

I would put Bostons team above Miamis manufactured gimmick as well. They had more of a sincere team in terms of greatness... And much stronger competition.

And people are very quick to forget that Wade and James were considered 1a and 1b during that summer fiasco. Chris Bosh was a year removed from being an MVP candidate and was a CONCENSUS top 10-15 player.

Not that it matters... Most fans have already moved on from the four cHeat years. There footnote in league history is pretty small in the grand scheme and more details will be forgotten.

TylerSL
07-05-2015, 12:17 AM
Is either bad for the league? Aldridge chose the best situation for himself in today's NBA. It's no different than Shaq choosing the Lakers in 1996, at the time joining a big market was his best situation. Lebron leaving Cleveland for Miami helped pave the way for players today to have more control of their own destiny. I see that as a good thing. So IMO, both of these are good.

Saddletramp
07-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Bosh at the time wasn't considered top 15, if that's who you're talking about. He was widely regarded as one of the best PF's in the game.

But you're right, there's no comparison.

First off Aldridge gave Portland the heads up which gave them plenty of time to at least maneuver at draft time. Still a loss but at least they're prepared.

Secondly he's not going to play with his peers. He's stepping onto a really good team, making them great, and transitioning into their key player as Duncan/ Parker/ Ginobli fade to black.

Why do people keep saying this? He didn't give them a heads up about leaving. He routinely said he wanted to stay in Portland and didn't te-sign with them earlier because he could sign a bigger contract this off season instead of doing it earlier. LMA and Olshey even laughed off the "he's automatically gone" talk just last week. He wasn't sincere and now word is coming out that he was a little diva in his time and Portland brass is glad he's gone (which could be complete bs, who knows).

But no, there wasn't a heads up until, what, Thursday(?) that he wasn't coming back. He coulda been traded this past year for something but I guess Portland thought they had a chance with Durant hurt and the only hot team all year being GS who Portland brass felt mighta fallen due to inexperience (this all happening before the Matthews injury).

Props to Aldridge for playing through the thumb thing, though. He coulda easily shut it down at any time but put it off till the offseason, potentially hurting his stock, so who knows, maybe he was all in until getting ousted in the playoffs and seeing this team wasn't going to to be competitive going forward.

naps
07-05-2015, 01:24 AM
LMA giving heads up on draft night means **** btw. If he did that a year ago Portland could have some leverage and get something in return while he could still go to the team of his choice. All I saw throughout the season from was how he wanted to be known as the greatest blazer of all time blah blah. Now they are left with nothing. He probably wanted to look himself good. It was a smart PR move since a lot of people bought into it. Regardless, he took the right decision for himself by leaving and picking the right organization. He wasn't gonna win anything in Portland anyway with how team is constructed. Damian Lillard didn't take the next step this last season and I think that played a role in it as well.

ZamboniCub
07-05-2015, 01:35 AM
NBA psd is a ****ing joke.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Worse?

If you are a free agent, you are allowed to sign with any team you want, for any money you want.

Nobody who does it should be looked at negatively.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-05-2015, 03:27 AM
lol close thread :facepalm:

knicks fan is mad

nastynice
07-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Good. You should definitely feel good.

lol :nod: :)

nastynice
07-05-2015, 03:58 AM

I'd say it was pretty historic at the time, I seriously thought they'd reel off 7-8 in a row. And I think a lot of other people did too. To have a team of that caliber assembled, 3 FA's signing together, 2 of the top 3 and an arguable top 10 and at worst top 15 player in the league. To have that type of talent assembled, where people thought three guys are going to run the league for their entire primes, a good half to full decade of yrs, I can't recall that EVER happening in the nba.

Why would it be different? So you think that no matter where lebron went that year he would have thrown a party saying he was gonna win 8 chips? I get what ur trying to say, but ur reaching WAY too hard here.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 06:36 AM
Absolutely not.

1. LeBron is in the upper tier of players. That 1% with Olajuwon, Jordan, Kareem, Big O, Shaq, etc etc. He's held to different standards. Fairly or not.

2. LeBron joining Miami wasn't a big deal imo. He carried the Cavs until he couldn't do it anymore. The front office was incapable of building a team around him. Unlike the Lakers front office who brought Pau for Kobe. Or the Bulls GM who brought in Rodman and various other role players. LeBron had to do what he had to do. He just did what his GM should have done years prior to the decision.

3. This makes too much sense for Aldridge. Gets to play in his home state, gets to play with his childhood idle in Duncan.

4. Fans really need to decide what they value. Players who chase money or players who want to win. For years people criticised players for taking lots of money (Kobe, Melo are recent examples). But also criticise players who leave their current team (who could give them more money) to sign with a team that will put them in place to win.

If you're angry at LeBron and Aldridge you are not allowed to be angry at Kobe or Melo for taking the $. You can't have it both ways. Pick one.

slashsnake
07-05-2015, 07:09 AM

Hmm, you get to choose where to work. You can work for a great organization and a great boss.... Why would you say no?

It's definitely not on the level of Debusschere, Earl Monroe, and Jerry Lucas teaming up with Frazier, Bradley, and Willis Reed. 6 guys who had something like 35 all star appearances between them. If you hate teaming up... wow that poster must absolutely despise the last Knicks championship team. Like wish that team could be wiped from the face of the earth and that franchise just booted out of the league for that crap.

Me on the other hand. I'd rather see greatness, rather than a great guy fighting with a bad team. Just my opinion here, fine if you don't like it too. But while there are times it pisses me off seeing some guys team up for a team or player I don't care for, it makes better basketball for me.

I liked watching the Celtics a lot more than that big three spread out. Garnett kicking it out to Pierce and Allen is just better basketball than Garnett kicking it out to Hassell and Ricky Pierce. I like watching the clippers more now than CP3 on a 37 win team. CP3 throwing a lob to Griffin is fun, him throwing it to PJ Brown isn't.

I guess I am fine without parity. I can watch the good teams and tune out the bad and there is still enough basketball for me to watch. I'd rather tune in to 5-8 good teams to watch than 28 mediocre ones. Kobe and Shaq playing the 2 man game was fun. Kobe and Kwame playing it made me want to stab my eyes out.

slashsnake
07-05-2015, 07:13 AM
LMA giving heads up on draft night means **** btw.

Wow.. he did that? You are saying he didn't hear one single pitch from any other teams yet, and just went into Portland and said "F you guys, no idea where I will be going or who will be signing me, or even who is interested... but it sure as hell won't be here".

That's a really messed up relationship they must have had there then.

rocketfuel
07-05-2015, 07:38 AM
It makes things more interesting next year....now you have another Super team to add to the mix. Things do not have to be done the old way....players now can choose their destiny and make sure they are on the lips of everyone. If you're playing in the finals and deep into the playoffs, you are talked about. Quite frankly, I wished many stars had done this....what if Jordan did this...he'd have 10 championships. The most exciting running back Barry Sanders wasted his years...wish he'd pulled a Lebron or did a Lamarcus Aldridge and we could have seen him do his thing in the playoffs.

Toronto Homer
07-05-2015, 07:44 AM
I don't know why anybody has a problem with any free agent going where they want. Players have to wait a long time to have the power to choose where they want to work. Until that time comes, they have to play where they are told to play. I think UFAs owe it to themselves and their families to choose the best destination for themselves, their loved ones and their careers. I don't have a problem with any of the "Big Threes" or any other free agent move. I don't understand why anyone else would either. LMA played out his contract and doesn't owe Portland a thing.

Saddletramp
07-05-2015, 09:58 AM
I'd say it was pretty historic at the time, I seriously thought they'd reel off 7-8 in a row. And I think a lot of other people did too. To have a team of that caliber assembled, 3 FA's signing together, 2 of the top 3 and an arguable top 10 and at worst top 15 player in the league. To have that type of talent assembled, where people thought three guys are going to run the league for their entire primes, a good half to full decade of yrs, I can't recall that EVER happening in the nba.

I thought it could either be 7 or 8 or they wouldn't be able to gel without role players and a better coach/system or I thought it could be in the middle of those options which is what happened. It was up in the air. Nothing woulda surprised me.

Why would it be different? So you think that no matter where lebron went that year he would have thrown a party saying he was gonna win 8 chips? I get what ur trying to say, but ur reaching WAY too hard here.

You said:

"About a quarter to a third of free agents "put themself in a better position to win". Are you saying it's all the same? Cmon guy, u know better than that"

What LeBron and Aldridge did was the same.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2015, 11:08 AM
The problem I had with MIA's Big 3 was the conscious effort by the star players in the NBA to team up with each other and align their contracts to do so. I have no issue with players wanting to play with good teammates. But when you have stars thinking multi-years ahead about how they can ditch their team to play somewhere else with each other then to me, that just makes for a crappy product that I'm not interested in watching. I get that there will always be favorites but when 25 out of 30 teams' seasons are over before they start then I'm just not interested in watching. That's the direction MIA's Big 3 seemed to be pushing the league towards. It has cooled off since then though it seems which is good IMO.

ChitownSports16
07-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Not even close clown.. He's not even a top 10 player.

He just mad nobody wanna team up in NY.

Hawkize31
07-05-2015, 12:44 PM

Thats exactly what Lebron going to Miami was.

Saddletramp
07-05-2015, 01:36 PM
The problem I had with MIA's Big 3 was the conscious effort by the star players in the NBA to team up with each other and align their contracts to do so. I have no issue with players wanting to play with good teammates. But when you have stars thinking multi-years ahead about how they can ditch their team to play somewhere else with each other then to me, that just makes for a crappy product that I'm not interested in watching. I get that there will always be favorites but when 25 out of 30 teams' seasons are over before they start then I'm just not interested in watching. That's the direction MIA's Big 3 seemed to be pushing the league towards. It has cooled off since then though it seems which is good IMO.

They were drafted the same year so of course their contracts would more than likely be up at the same time in today's NBA. But if it's not ok for players to do this, is it still ok for GM's to align contracts to end for a big offseason? 'Cause that's what Buford did in SA for this offseason:

General manager R.C. Buford had been planning for this summer for quite some time, timing contracts for 2/3 of the roster to expire simultaneously in order to keep rebuilding options open.

Found here:
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Coveted-free-agent-Aldridge-chooses-Spurs-6366364.php?t=1c3f33c29c927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

I don't think it matters what these guys do and friends talking to friends isn't illegal. And while, for example, Wade telling Bosh and LeBron the plan to join up in Maimi and then telling Riley that they're in might be kinda stretching it legality-wise (if this even happened), happens all the time.

Miltstar
07-05-2015, 03:07 PM
there was no TV special

/thread

IBleedPurple
07-05-2015, 03:14 PM
They were drafted the same year so of course their contracts would more than likely be up at the same time in today's NBA.They all could've signed for an extra year to stay with their original teams such as Melo did, but all 3 did not.

nastynice
07-05-2015, 04:00 PM
You said:

"About a quarter to a third of free agents "put themself in a better position to win". Are you saying it's all the same? Cmon guy, u know better than that"

What LeBron and Aldridge did was the same.

Hence, my reply...

Something's getting lost in translation here, lol

Lo Porto
07-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't even think the LMA makes the Spurs better to be honest. I think this will be Richard Jefferson all over again.

Millsap would have been a WAY better fit.

I agree. LMA is so overrated.

Lo Porto
07-05-2015, 04:33 PM
It makes things more interesting next year....now you have another Super team to add to the mix. Things do not have to be done the old way....players now can choose their destiny and make sure they are on the lips of everyone. If you're playing in the finals and deep into the playoffs, you are talked about. Quite frankly, I wished many stars had done this....what if Jordan did this...he'd have 10 championships. The most exciting running back Barry Sanders wasted his years...wish he'd pulled a Lebron or did a Lamarcus Aldridge and we could have seen him do his thing in the playoffs.

The stars came to MJ - Rodman, Harper, Kukoc... Cmon now. MJ had stacked teams

Rivera
07-05-2015, 04:38 PM
LeThot :laugh:

east fb knicks
07-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Not even close clown.. He's not even a top 10 player.

He just mad nobody wanna team up in NY.

Very educated response ;)

Saddletramp
07-05-2015, 05:17 PM
They all could've signed for an extra year to stay with their original teams such as Melo did, but all 3 did not.

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! OMG get the the FBI you might be on to something.

Oh wait, who cares.

rocketfuel
07-05-2015, 06:47 PM
The stars came to MJ - Rodman, Harper, Kukoc... Cmon now. MJ had stacked teams

I mean more of a super-team, not good role players. If MJ had recruited Hakeem and Reggie Miller.... no team on the planet would have a chance against them.

Gander13SM
07-05-2015, 06:59 PM
I mean more of a super-team, not good role players. If MJ had recruited Hakeem and Reggie Miller.... no team on the planet would have a chance against them.

Wait... you think Bosh and Love are closer to Olajuwon than they are to Rodman? You think Miller was better than Pippen?

rocketfuel
07-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Wait... you think Bosh and Love are closer to Olajuwon than they are to Rodman? You think Miller was better than Pippen?

I'm merely referring to Jordan being able to recruit other top allstars the way Lebron did in Miami. I never said who was better than who.