PDA

View Full Version : 3 Way S&T Possibly In the Books Sending Hibbert to LAC

Nikeman
07-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Pacers have called Mavericks about possible S/T with center Roy Hibbert involving Monta Ellis, Clippers and DeAndre Jordan, sources.

Question? What do the Mavs get out of this S&T? If the Mavs dont get anything it makes no sense for them to do it as they are just helping a team they will face later down the road.

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 01:41 PM
I think it's mean dj costs a little less against the cap. Not positive though.

Vinylman
07-04-2015, 01:45 PM
If I am Dallas it is pretty simple

1. someone has to take the teletubby
2. picks have to come in... 2 seconds at a minimum

Nikeman
07-04-2015, 01:45 PM
I think it's mean dj costs a little less against the cap. Not positive though.

If that is the case the Mavs should have incentive to do this, as they can sign a PG to fill out. But reports are Mavs not willing to help LAC.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-04-2015, 02:03 PM
I thought this was shot down in the other thread? Mavs wont help a west rival as in Clippers. Pacers are all for dumping Hibbert onto desperate Clippers though.

Legitimate
07-04-2015, 02:06 PM
watch clippers fans act like hibbert is the next coming of ben wallace in his prime after this deal goes through. :laugh:

mbsalame123
07-04-2015, 02:07 PM
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/617382809527840768

I really like the idea but I don't think the Mavs want to help out a Clippers team in the tough Western Conference. However, if the Mavs are able to get some draft picks and dump Raymond Felton then this might work. The Clippers or Pacers would have to take Felton and the Clippers would have to send the Mavericks a 1st round draft pick. But, I think it won't happen and the Clippers will have to look at other options.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Pacers/Clippers said yes, Mavs said no. I wish, but not happening.

Aust
07-04-2015, 02:58 PM
That would be a nice get for LAC. Not sure what the Mavs could get that would make them willing.

Cracka2HI!
07-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I can still see this happening somehow.

mbsalame123
07-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I can still see this happening somehow.

I agree, I think this trade could possibly happen and it will require the clippers to take on raymond felton or the pacers to do that and well draft picks would have to come the mavs way for it to happen. I think the clippers would be forced to move Jamal Crawford as well to either the pacers or mavericks, or there might have to be a 4th team involved like possibly the nuggets where crawford and felton go to the nuggets along with a draft pick, lawson and DJ to the mavericks, hibbert to the clippers, and monta ellis to the pacers.

I can something like that happening but the mavs need a good reason to accept this 3 way trade and help another western conference contender.

I think the clippers with Hibbert will be amazing, especially since Doc Rivers has always had slower big guys playing down low like KG and Perkins.

Something tells me this has a chance to happen but something also tells me that we will probably see Javale Mcgee and Kevin Seraphin manning the middle next year for the clippers!

warfelg
07-04-2015, 04:44 PM
I don't get all the "what do the Mavs get" comments. Thought it was kinda clear:
Mavs Out: Ellis
Mavs in: DeAndre Jordan

Indy Out: Hibbert
Indy In: Ellis

Clips Out: DeAndre Jordan
Clips In: Roy HIbbert

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 04:58 PM
I don't get all the "what do the Mavs get" comments. Thought it was kinda clear:
Mavs Out: Ellis
Mavs in: DeAndre Jordan

Indy Out: Hibbert
Indy In: Ellis

Clips Out: DeAndre Jordan
Clips In: Roy HIbbert

Dallas already has Jordan committed regardless of what happens. Pacers already have Ellis committed regardless of what happens. Clippers don't have anybody committed in this scenario unless Dallas helps them. Why would Dallas help them?

Thought it was kinda clear.

warfelg
07-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Dallas already has Jordan committed regardless of what happens. Pacers already have Ellis committed regardless of what happens. Clippers don't have anybody committed in this scenario unless Dallas helps them. Why would Dallas help them?

Thought it was kinda clear.

Well really what it does is allow Dallas to pay him the full max. Or they (the Clips) send a small pick along. Really I don't think Hibbert makes a large enough difference for the Clip that you would say "Dallas loses out".

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 07:49 PM
But they don't win anything unless they get back extra assets and they actually kinda lose by making a rival better.

Moot point now.