PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for remaining free agents

mbsalame123
07-04-2015, 02:15 AM
So this has been one of the quickest free agencies in NBA history. Lots of surprises, lots of money thrown, and lots of teams losing out on free agents. Most of the big names are signed, except for Lamarcus Aldridge and expect his decision to be made on the weekend.

I just wanted to get some predictions on some more key free agents available and possible trades that might happen, as teams like the clippers, lakers, and knicks might be in need of some help.

Here are my predictions for the key free agents left:

Lamarcus Aldridge - Spurs
Josh Smith - Rockets
Enes Kanter - Thunder
David West - Wizards
Lou Williams - Raptors
Brandon Bass - Kings or Pacers
Amare Stoudamire - Mavericks
Carlos Boozer - Heat
Jordan Hill - Lakers
Kostas Koufos - Clippers (sign and trade for Jamal Crawford)
Rodney Stuckey - Cavaliers
Jeremy Lin - Mavericks or Knicks
Kevin Seraphin - Clippers
Mo Williams (grizzlies in a sign and trade with clippers and hornets)
Andrea Bargnani - Knicks

These are the key remaining free agents. Make your predictions for them.

As far as trades here are the players most likely to be traded and predictions:

Ty Lawson - Rockets in a 3 team trade with the Raptors (Lawson to the Rockets, Terrence Jones to the Raptors, and Terrence Ross along with a couple draft picks and possibly Kostas Pop to the Nuggets)

Roy Hibbert - Possibly to the Clippers in a 3 way trade (ellis to the pacers, DJ to the mavs, hibbert to the clippers) or maybe to the lakers

Taj Gibson - possibly to the raptors for terrence ross or somewhere else (don't know where)

Joe Johnson - Hardest player to trade but I think the nets will figure it out (have no idea where right now but he will be easier to trade than deron williams).

John Henson, Zaza Pachulia, or Miles Plumlee - one of them can possibly be traded to the clippers if they can't get koufos or someone else or somewhere else.

Brandon Haywood - to the Thunder for Perry Jones, Steve Novak, and DJ Augustin or to the Clippers in a 3 way trade that brings someone like Nene to the clippers and Haywood's non-guaranteed contract to the wizards.

David Lee - I thought the knicks would be possible but they signed Derrick Williams so he can possibly be dealt to a team like the Pacers or the Raptors

other possible players might be involved in trades as well like the trade that I listed above (jamal crawford to the hornets, kosta koufos to the clippers, and mo williams to the grizzlies).

This will be an interesting time period and the dominoes should start to fall after Lamarcus Aldridge makes his decision.

But what do you think? Make your predictions!

the avenger
07-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge - SUNS
Josh Smith - ROCKETS
Enes Kanter - THUNDER
David West - SPURS
Lou Williams - RAPTORS
Brandon Bass - PACERS
Amare StoudEmire - SUNS
Carlos Boozer - JAZZ
Jordan Hill - LAKERS
Kostas Koufos - CLIPPERS
Rodney Stuckey - CAVS
Jeremy Lin - KNICKS
Kevin Seraphin - WIZARDS
Mo Williams - MAVS
Andrea Bargnani - HAWKS

Ty Lawson - NUGGETS

Roy Hibbert - CLIPPERS

Taj Gibson - BULLS

Joe Johnson - NETS

John Henson, Zaza Pachulia, or Miles Plumlee - NO IDEA

Brandon Haywood - RETIRES

David Lee - HEAT

Ryan328
07-04-2015, 04:07 PM
So this has been one of the quickest free agencies in NBA history. Lots of surprises, lots of money thrown, and lots of teams losing out on free agents. Most of the big names are signed, except for Lamarcus Aldridge and expect his decision to be made on the weekend.

I just wanted to get some predictions on some more key free agents available and possible trades that might happen, as teams like the clippers, lakers, and knicks might be in need of some help.

Josh Smith - Rockets
Enes Kanter - Thunder
David West - Wizards
Lou Williams - Raptors
Carlos Boozer - Heat
Jordan Hill - Lakers
Andrea Bargnani - Knicks

Ty Lawson - Rockets in a 3 team trade with the Raptors (Lawson to the Rockets, Terrence Jones to the Raptors, and Terrence Ross along with a couple draft picks and possibly Kostas Pop to the Nuggets)

Roy Hibbert - Possibly to the Clippers in a 3 way trade (ellis to the pacers, DJ to the mavs, hibbert to the clippers) or maybe to the lakers

Taj Gibson - possibly to the raptors for terrence ross or somewhere else (don't know where)

Joe Johnson - Hardest player to trade but I think the nets will figure it out (have no idea where right now but he will be easier to trade than deron williams).

John Henson, Zaza Pachulia, or Miles Plumlee - one of them can possibly be traded to the clippers if they can't get koufos or someone else or somewhere else.

Brandon Haywood - to the Thunder for Perry Jones, Steve Novak, and DJ Augustin or to the Clippers in a 3 way trade that brings someone like Nene to the clippers and Haywood's non-guaranteed contract to the wizards.

David Lee - I thought the knicks would be possible but they signed Derrick Williams so he can possibly be dealt to a team like the Pacers or the Raptors

other possible players might be involved in trades as well like the trade that I listed above (jamal crawford to the hornets, kosta koufos to the clippers, and mo williams to the grizzlies).

This will be an interesting time period and the dominoes should start to fall after Lamarcus Aldridge makes his decision.

Brandon Jennings might be on that trade list. I heard they may give Reggie Jackson 4/70 and if they do that I'd have to think they'd deal Jennings and his expiring 1 year $8 mill contract. If I'm Dallas, I call about him.

mbsalame123
07-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Brandon Jennings might be on that trade list. I heard they may give Reggie Jackson 4/70 and if they do that I'd have to think they'd deal Jennings and his expiring 1 year $8 mill contract. If I'm Dallas, I call about him.

I think the pistons will end up trading jennings along with other players for Joe Johnson. I think the mavs end up signing jeremy lin

Sanjay
07-06-2015, 07:56 PM

Josh Smith - Rockets
Enes Kanter - Thunder
David West - Wizards
Lou Williams - Raptors
Carlos Boozer - Heat
Jordan Hill - Lakers
Andrea Bargnani - Knicks

Boozer would be a good addition to the Heat to form a starting lineup with: Bosh, Deng, Wade and Dragic. Mo Williams would be great for the Grizzlies adding some much needed outside shooting.

Ryan328
07-06-2015, 08:14 PM
I think the pistons will end up trading jennings along with other players for Joe Johnson. I think the mavs end up signing jeremy lin

Can't see Brooklyn wanting Jennings with D-Will, Larkin, Jack and Blake already there

Scoots
07-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Boozer would be a good addition to the Heat to form a starting lineup with: Bosh, Deng, Wade and Dragic. Mo Williams would be great for the Grizzlies adding some much needed outside shooting.

How did shooting suddenly get as hard to find as a big with a decent post game? Every team is looking for shooting and the FA options are slim.

WaDe03
07-07-2015, 11:45 AM

Boozer would come off the bench. No way he starts over Whiteside or even gets playing time over McRoberts.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-07-2015, 03:55 PM
I mention Bucks could trade any of our back up centers in the Jordan thread. Since we have Monroe. He will be getting probably close to 30 minutes a night. Kidd favored Zaza over Henson and Plumlee barely seen garbage time.

Sanjay
07-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Boozer would come off the bench. No way he starts over Whiteside or even gets playing time over McRoberts.

I could understand Whiteside starting over him given his breakout season last year, but I do not get McRoberts. I think Boozer is underrated.