PDA

View Full Version : Best Fit for LMA...?

Dade County
07-03-2015, 09:02 PM
The West is super tough, while the East, there is really only the Cav's to worry about.

Spurs:
Parker
Green
Kawhi
LMA
Duncan

Suns:
Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Morris
LMA
Chandler

Raps:
Kyle Lowry
DeRozan
Demarre Carroll
LMA
Valanciunas

Houston: (Sign & Trade)
Berverley
Harden
Ariza
LMA
Howard

I don't know how the trade will go down. Portland can lose him for nothing, at least they are getting assets back.

HEAT: (Sign & Trade)
Dragon
Wade
Shooter (lol Ray might come back...just joking)
LMA
Bosh

Miami will have to trade to pull this off (28mil has to go out)
Deng, McRob, Birdman, Rio (through in some 2nd draft picks); I don't see Pat trading off Whiteside. Maybe Winslow yes.

Portland can lose him for nothing, at least they are getting assets back.

Pistons: (2 pg lineup)
Reggie Jackson
Brandon Jennings
Jodie Meeks (shooter on the floor)
LMA
Drummond

goingfor28
07-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Pretty easily SAS imo. He would make them title favorites.

bucketss
07-03-2015, 09:05 PM
replace ross with demarre carrol.

zn23
07-03-2015, 09:05 PM
I'd say Houston. Playing with Howard and Harden on a good young team.

mightybosstone
07-03-2015, 09:09 PM
It's a toss up for me between the Spurs and Rockets with everyone else as a distant third. Miami would at least provide an easier path to the finals because of the weak Eastern Conference, but I don't think they're a better team on paper with LMA than Houston or San Antonio.

hotdalton18
07-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Heat if you trade bosh and Chalmers to Portland for him

Dragic
Wade
Deng
LA
Whiteside

Silent
07-03-2015, 09:31 PM
The West is super tough, while the East, there is really only the Cav's to worry about.

Spurs:

Parker
Green
Kawhi
LMA
Duncan

Suns:
Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Morris
LMA
Chandler

Raps:
Kyle Lowry
DeRozan
Demarre Carroll
LMA
Valanciunas

Houston: (Sign & Trade)
Berverley
Harden
Ariza
LMA
Howard

I don't know how the trade will go down. Portland can lose him for nothing, at least they are getting assets back.

HEAT: (Sign & Trade)
Dragon
Wade
Shooter (lol Ray might come back...just joking)
LMA
Bosh

Miami will have to trade to pull this off (28mil has to go out)

Deng, McRob, Birdman, Rio (through in some 2nd draft picks); I don't see Pat trading off Whiteside. Maybe Winslow yes.

Portland can lose him for nothing, at least they are getting assets back.

that team is scary they would be favorites easily

basch152
07-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Don't see why detroit isnt even mentioned.

Plenty of cap space to sign for a big deal.

No other huge star to take away a lot of shots fro lma, so he can still fill up the stat sheet so if he doesn't like it it doesn't look like he's declining and loses money, he'll have a team to legitimately lead.

While their is no superstar, their is a ton of role players and players that work hard to do their role, no "bad players" starting. No weaknesses, without lma on the floor they can still score, rebound and play defense.

Dade County
07-03-2015, 09:45 PM
replace ross with demarre carrol.

Thank You.

It's a toss up for me between the Spurs and Rockets with everyone else as a distant third. Miami would at least provide an easier path to the finals because of the weak Eastern Conference, but I don't think they're a better team on paper with LMA than Houston or San Antonio.

Fixed*

I actually think all 3 teams are equal in this; but Harden poor playoff play does alarm me. Also Timmy is like 38, and Wade might miss 17games.

Every team has their strengths & faults.

AllBall
07-03-2015, 09:48 PM
The Spurs is the best team for him to go to.

HOF Coach
HOF Players
No State Income Tax
Winning Franchise
Home State

lakerfan85
07-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Spurs..

KnicksorBust
07-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Spurs.

Ty Fast
07-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Spurs #1. Rockets and Heat 2 and 3

Aidask
07-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Spurs. Personally , I want him in LA.

Munkeysuit
07-03-2015, 11:06 PM
If LA wants to win now? best fit is Spurs, BUT he will be faced with the fact that he could possibly be moved to Center (which he hates) if Timmy retires after next season. He could sign a one year max deal with Spurs to keep his options open and force San Antonio to stay on top of their roster situation before signing another deal.
Almost any other team he signs with (that has cap space to sign him) will not put him in a win now situation that is credible enough for him to dive into...I mean he's leaving one of the top 4-5 Point Guards in the league right now to see what his worth is around the league.

diu9leilomo
07-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Knicks, gets to play along side with melo, weak east, also fits the triangle perfectly

KnicksorBust
07-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Knicks, gets to play along side with melo, weak east, also fits the triangle perfectly

Now that we have RoLo on board it makes more sense but the Knicks are not even close to the level of the Spurs. Not. Even. Close.

Scoots
07-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Spurs ... so I hope he chooses the Knicks.

mrblisterdundee
07-03-2015, 11:51 PM
I think San Antonio is the best fit for LaMarcus Aldridge, besides Portland. The Spurs obviously have all the championship veterans around him. Tim Duncan is one of the better centers in the league. Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and Tony Parker are all studs.
But the Trail Blazers got deeper too, adding a good young center in Mason Plumlee, bench scoring in Gerald Henderson and defensive depth in Ed Davis and Al-Farouq Aminu. Then Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum and Plumlee are all obviously on an upward trajectory. Shooting is what worries me the most about the Blazers, but that's what Aldridge and Lillard provide best.
Houston is also a very good option. They proved to be a tough team, with the best shooting guard in the league and one of the best centers.

kdspurman
07-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Still think SA...But it's more than the just the team on paper, compared to others. It's front office stability, 1 of the, if not the best scouting org in the league (always good for finding talent) a team who realizes no 1 guy is bigger than the team, it's knowing locker room drama or other off court nonsense won't be an issue, and a perfect situation for a guy like LMA, where the pressure of the media won't get to him once TD walks away, and a very loyal fan base.

The FO will make sure he & Kahwi have the right personnel around them to be successful.

TylerSL
07-04-2015, 02:03 AM
Well in your scenario his best fit would be either San Antonio or Miami, but the more realistic choice is just San Antonio. I would do back flips if he got sign and traded to the Heat, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on it. There are reasons for him to be interested in Miami, between being in the Eastern Conference, Pat Riley, playing with Wade, Bosh, Dragic, and no state tax, but it's just not likely. I've avoided getting my hopes up and all Heat fans should too.

San Antonio is the absolute best choice for him to sign with. He's going to his home state, no state tax, Greg Popovich, playing with Tim, Parker, Manu, and probably most importantly Kawhi Leonard. The Spurs have the history and culture that demands respect and any player who dons a Spurs uniform should feel proud, and they have a bright future with a 24 year old Finals MVP and reigning Defensive Player of the Year. With Aldridge they could continue to compete for championships for easily another 5 years. They have already won 50 games 18 consecutive seasons (really 16, but I count the strike-shortened 98-99 season where they went 37-13), and if they could Aldridge they could push that streak to 25 (though technically 23).

So out of the all the teams involved the Spurs are just the best choice. Again, Miami isn't an option, Aldridge/Lillard isn't enough to win the West and Portland probably can't attract stars, the Lakers can't compete immediately, Dallas signed DeAndre, and the Knicks are the Knicks. That leaves Phoenix, Houston, and San Antonio. Houston would have to sign and trade and while playing with Harden would be great, Howard is a question mark. Beyond his personality and questions about his desire to win, he's injury prone. So Houston has some question marks and those would be, would Harden/Aldridge be enough to win the West if Dwight goes down? Would Aldridge be forced to play the Center position if he does? And finally, is there a better option out there?

Phoenix makes it close because they are also a great fit for him, almost perfect. The Chandler signing was huge, Aldridge or no Aldridge. Last season Alex Len was there only real big man and suddenly they have Chandler in the middle and Len will be an above average back up. Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Markieff Morris, Gerald Green, PJ Tucker, Alex Len, and TJ Warren. Those are all average or above average role players and Aldridge would become their superstar, he would complete that team. He would be the superstar on a team filled with good players who play the game the right way. Phoenix plays tough as they compete in the Western Conference without a true superstar, they just need a go to scorer/superstar. Aldridge could become that superstar.

But San Antonio is/probably will be too good for him to pass up. He'd be playing with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili for at least one year, probably 2-3 years of Popovich as coach and Parker as a star level PG, and a superstar in the making in Kawhi Leonard. If Aldridge signs in San Antonio, Leonard/Aldridge are the co-faces of the franchise. Tim Duncan is great, but they would be the present and the future. That team could win immediately and in the future, when the cap explodes. Who wouldn't want to join Leonard/Aldridge when Duncan, and Manu retire? It will be easy for San Antonio to put a winner around him and Kawhi.

So Phoenix gives him something to think about, and if Miami was actually an option this would be a really difficult decision, but San Antonio is the surest thing. Expect him to be committed to the Spurs by Tuesday or Wednesday.

FriedTofuz
07-04-2015, 02:04 AM
Well in your scenario his best fit would be either San Antonio or Miami, but the more realistic choice is just San Antonio. I would do back flips if he got sign and traded to the Heat, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on it. There are reasons for him to be interested in Miami, between being in the Eastern Conference, Pat Riley, playing with Wade, Bosh, Dragic, and no state tax, but it's just not likely. I've avoided getting my hopes up and all Heat fans should too.

San Antonio is the absolute best choice for him to sign with. He's going to his home state, no state tax, Greg Popovich, playing with Tim, Parker, Manu, and probably most importantly Kawhi Leonard. The Spurs have the history and culture that demands respect and any player who dons a Spurs uniform should feel proud, and they have a bright future with a 24 year old Finals MVP and reigning Defensive Player of the Year. With Aldridge they could continue to compete for championships for easily another 5 years. They have already won 50 games 18 consecutive seasons (really 16, but I count the strike-shortened 98-99 season where they went 37-13), and if they could Aldridge they could push that streak to 25 (though technically 23).

So out of the all the teams involved the Spurs are just the best choice. Again, Miami isn't an option, Portland the Lakers can't compete immediately, Dallas signed DeAndre, and the Knicks are the Knicks. That leaves Phoenix, Houston, and San Antonio. Houston would have to sign and trade and while playing with Harden would be great, Howard is a question mark. Beyond his personality and questions about his desire to win, he's injury prone. So Houston has some question marks and those would be, would Harden/Aldridge be enough to win the West if Dwight goes down? Would Aldridge be forced to play the Center position if he does? And finally, is there a better option out there?

Phoenix makes it close because they are also a great fit for him, almost perfect. The Chandler signing was huge, Aldridge or no Aldridge. Last season Alex Len was there only real big man and suddenly they have Chandler in the middle and Len will be an above average back up. Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler, Markieff Morris, Gerald Green, PJ Tucker, Alex Len, and TJ Warren. Those are all average or above average role players and Aldridge would become their superstar, he would complete that team. He would be the superstar on a team filled with good players who play the game the right way. Phoenix plays tough as they compete in the Western Conference without a true superstar, they just need a go to scorer/superstar. Aldridge could become that superstar.

But San Antonio is/probably will be too good for him to pass up. He'd be playing with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili for at least one year, probably 2-3 years of Popovich as coach and Parker as a star level PG, and a superstar in the making in Kawhi Leonard. If Aldridge signs in San Antonio, Leonard/Aldridge are the co-faces of the franchise. Tim Duncan is great, but they would be the present and the future. That team could win immediately and in the future, when the cap explodes. Who wouldn't want to join Leonard/Aldridge when Duncan, and Manu retire? It will be easy for San Antonio to put a winner around him and Kawhi.

So Phoenix gives him something to think about, and if Miami was actually an option this would be a really difficult decision, but San Antonio is the surest thing. Expect him to be committed to the Spurs by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Holy crap, you wrote an essay, please add an tl;dr.

LakersIn5
07-04-2015, 02:13 AM
I bunch of ****ing hypocrites. When lebron decided to bolt to the heat which he thought was the best fit for him to win a championship and create a superteam haters bashed him. but now people wamt aldridge to go to the team that they feel as the best fit for him to win a ship and want him to go to san antonio to continue their dominance and have the easiest path for him to win a ring. Wtf?

Kyben36
07-04-2015, 02:19 AM
Houston IMO, but i dont see a way to get it done..... followed by a tie Between Toronto ( i like the tandom of Valenchunez (spl) and him. or the Spurs.

Suns is bad IMO, because of the PG, ummm, im using hte word problem, its not, but its not going t work either, and lack of wings

Bosh an LMA dont work, no Defense.

and Dumond LMA would be great, if they had more stability in the backcourt, expecially with wings.

Kyben36
07-04-2015, 02:29 AM
I bunch of ****ing hypocrites. When lebron decided to bolt to the heat which he thought was the best fit for him to win a championship and create a superteam haters bashed him. but now people wamt aldridge to go to the team that they feel as the best fit for him to win a ship and want him to go to san antonio to continue their dominance and have the easiest path for him to win a ring. Wtf?

aldridge isnt the best player in the league, doesnt call himself the King, and isnt leaving the best winning Percentage team in the nba, to go play with possibly the 2nd best player in he nba and Bosh in Miami.

It would be like Allen Iverson Leaving the 76ers in 2001 (lost tin the finals) to go play with Kobe Bryant. and Jermain Oneal. on the Lakers.

KingPosey
07-04-2015, 02:43 AM
you don't see several reasons the scenarios are different? Because I do, without thinking very hard at all.

KingPosey
07-04-2015, 02:46 AM

you can't think of several reasons why the scenarios are completely different? Because I can, without thinking very hard at all.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Houston without a doubt. I have no idea why he wouldn't go there. No state tax, good young players in, or right before their primes.

Tim is done. Didn't Pop say he was retiring with Tim? Manu is done. Parker is getting there and is always hurt. Leonard is a great role player but he Better not be your main wing player. I respect the Spurs, and have no doubt their great front office will have them right back, but by that time LMA will be past his prime.

PhillyFaninLA
07-04-2015, 03:08 AM
Spurs are the best fit IMO, well not mine, I NBA TV convinced me of that

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 05:37 AM
aldridge isnt the best player in the league,

Does this matter?

doesnt call himself the King,

If Aldridge was touted as having the future of being one of the greatest players ever from the time he was 13, he might call himself the King, too.

and isnt leaving the best winning Percentage team in the nba,

Which quickly dilapidated into one of the worst with him gone. They didn't do squat to help him out his first time in Cle.

to go play with possibly the 2nd best player in he nba and Bosh in Miami.

So? He liked and wanted to play with these guys, plus he'd be living in South Beach. Also, he couldn't stay in Cleveland and keep getting godawful players surrounding him, so he felt that he needed to bolt. I'd argue just about every other AllStar would do the same.

It would be like Allen Iverson Leaving the 76ers in 2001 (lost tin the finals) to go play with Kobe Bryant. and Jermain Oneal. on the Lakers.

And if he did? So what? I'd bet if he could do it all over again, he'd have joined a super team if he had the chance. I'm sure he could use the money from selling a Finals champion ring.

Why are people still being dicks about LeBron leaving a crappy situation to live in Miami surrounded by his buddies and having a GM of Riley's stature? And this is pretty much like Lebron leaving back then. Aldridge doesn't think he can win where he's at and wants to go to a place where he can win. The only difference is LeBron was/is the best player in the NBA and Aldridge is a fine player but he's not capable of turning a team like, for instance, Phoenix into a multi champion. An already established champion like the Spurs, though? Sure.

And let's not forget, when LeBron went to the Heat, there was almost no one else there besides Wade and Bosh and his coach was Spoelstra. Not quite a team that's won multiple titles with their core still intact and one of the greatest coaches of all time.

LMA is in his prime and he's ring chasing. No big deal. Exactly what LeBron did. You wanna say these situations are different? I'd agree by saying that Aldridge was on the better team (take LeBron off of that Cavs team and take Aldridge off last year's Blazers team. Who'd you think was the better team?) and, if Aldridge does indeed go to the Spurs, he's going to the better team that's already won multiple titles with a proven coach/system.

Shmoo
07-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Houston hands down. Spurs are old. Kwami is good but he ain't gonna take a team to the promise land. The coach is pushing 70. Spurs are following in the Lakers footsteps. Seem to be in denial about age. The frigging clippers dismantled them. He will regret choosing them in a year. And I hate Houston but that team would be beastly

Nighthawk
07-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Best fit is S.A.

HARDEN in houston dominates the ball. While he is a great passer aldrige would turn howard into a gloried role player.

Pop in S.A will watch his mins during the regular season like he does all his vets and maximize Aldriges career. The team atmosphere and ball movement of S.A would only help Aldrige. Parker pick and rolling all game with duncan AND aldrige will kill teams.

me personally. I want aldrige to pick the Suns. It would make another strong team in the west. Chandler Aldrige, Bledsoe, Knight is not bad AT ALL

ldawg
07-04-2015, 08:13 AM
If he was to win a ring his best fit is Houston. Spurs are solid but the main guys are about to retire so you will end up on a team with ? going forward. Suns and Knicks are interesting. Another good fit like it or not is the Lakers. But he will need to be patient for 1 year. I think if he join the Lakers the future of that roaster is better than the Spurs roaster. in other words short term Spurs Miami long term Houston, Suns, Lakers.

ldawg
07-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Houston or Lakers make the most sense winning wise. I like the Lakers fit moving forward. Young promising players a Stud in himself and $ to spend. Spurs best are about to retire. Green and Kawai are good but lets not get carried away here. While i like Houston as the best team to win rings he could Also find himself in a Love Bosh situation so it depends on what he wants. In LA the team would be his and can mold it how he want. In Houston i plug you in here for the better of the team and the best chance to Face Lebron in the finals.

Robbw241
07-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Spurs pretty clearly right now, but what happens when Duncan/Manu/Parker retire next year? LMA and Kawhi would be nice but then what?

phantasyyy
07-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Does this matter?

If Aldridge was touted as having the future of being one of the greatest players ever from the time he was 13, he might call himself the King, too.

Which quickly dilapidated into one of the worst with him gone. They didn't do squat to help him out his first time in Cle.

So? He liked and wanted to play with these guys, plus he'd be living in South Beach. Also, he couldn't stay in Cleveland and keep getting godawful players surrounding him, so he felt that he needed to bolt. I'd argue just about every other AllStar would do the same.

And if he did? So what? I'd bet if he could do it all over again, he'd have joined a super team if he had the chance. I'm sure he could use the money from selling a Finals champion ring.

Why are people still being dicks about LeBron leaving a crappy situation to live in Miami surrounded by his buddies and having a GM of Riley's stature? And this is pretty much like Lebron leaving back then. Aldridge doesn't think he can win where he's at and wants to go to a place where he can win. The only difference is LeBron was/is the best player in the NBA and Aldridge is a fine player but he's not capable of turning a team like, for instance, Phoenix into a multi champion. An already established champion like the Spurs, though? Sure.

And let's not forget, when LeBron went to the Heat, there was almost no one else there besides Wade and Bosh and his coach was Spoelstra. Not quite a team that's won multiple titles with their core still intact and one of the greatest coaches of all time.

LMA is in his prime and he's ring chasing. No big deal. Exactly what LeBron did. You wanna say these situations are different? I'd agree by saying that Aldridge was on the better team (take LeBron off of that Cavs team and take Aldridge off last year's Blazers team. Who'd you think was the better team?) and, if Aldridge does indeed go to the Spurs, he's going to the better team that's already won multiple titles with a proven coach/system.

Dude was/is the best player in the game and reigning MVP, and went to team up with the second best player in the game and another player who was the best player on his respective team. Sure his situation wasn't ideal but the team did win 61 games. Not to mention he mailed it in during the Celtics series. So yeah... it is a whole lot different. Not to mention Aldridge is technically returning home to play and his current team has been favoring Lillard.

Also, any core built around LBJ, Wade, Bosh is a good enough team to compete for a title regardless of the complementary pieces.

Miltstar
07-04-2015, 11:54 AM
I honestly feel like the best fit for him is Toronto, call me a homer if you want but it's the one glaring hole in our roster. He would take a ton of pressure off of our guards and teams wouldn't be able to lock in on them like they did in the second half of last year. He would get to "be the man" and the best player on the team and would instantly make Toronto the team to beat in the East

AllBall
07-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Spurs pretty clearly right now, but what happens when Duncan/Manu/Parker retire next year? LMA and Kawhi would be nice but then what?

The Spurs are one of the most respected teams when it comes to drafting and scouting. Especially International scouting. They will find someone to plug right in and keep it moving like they always do.

Sanjay
07-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Does this matter?

Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers when he had nobody in the mid 2000's, but he got Gasol and then they went back-to-back. LeBron should have done something like that.

Sanjay
07-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Houston hands down. Spurs are old. Kwami is good but he ain't gonna take a team to the promise land. The coach is pushing 70. Spurs are following in the Lakers footsteps. Seem to be in denial about age. The frigging clippers dismantled them. He will regret choosing them in a year. And I hate Houston but that team would be beastly

I think Aldridge choose the Spurs because they have the best chance of winning a championship, whereas I don't believe the Rockets can beat the Warriors. Also, the Clippers did not dismantle San Antonio, they won on a last-second CP3 miracle shot in game 7 in Los Angeles.

Sanjay
07-04-2015, 09:12 PM
I honestly feel like the best fit for him is Toronto, call me a homer if you want but it's the one glaring hole in our roster. He would take a ton of pressure off of our guards and teams wouldn't be able to lock in on them like they did in the second half of last year. He would get to "be the man" and the best player on the team and would instantly make Toronto the team to beat in the East

I agree Aldridge is just what the Raptors need, but do you really believe they could then beat the Cavaliers?

Scoots
07-04-2015, 09:18 PM

And moving to the East alone would improve his chances for at least playing in the finals.

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers when he had nobody in the mid 2000's, but he got Gasol and then they went back-to-back. LeBron should have done something like that.

He should have had his GM trade for an All-Star? Wow. It's just that easy, huh? Guy gave him 7 years. They had plenty of time to appease him. They didn't, his contract was up and he left.

Scoots
07-05-2015, 02:11 PM
call me a homer

You ARE a homer :)

Sanjay
07-05-2015, 08:36 PM
He should have had his GM trade for an All-Star? Wow. It's just that easy, huh? Guy gave him 7 years. They had plenty of time to appease him. They didn't, his contract was up and he left.

If LeBron is such an attractive player to play with, it would have happened.