PDA

View Full Version : Beverley stays with Houston

Saddletramp
07-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Rockets To Re-Sign Patrick Beverley
July 3rd at 6:14pm CST by Eddie Scarito
The Rockets and restricted free agent Patrick Beverley have reached an agreement that will see the point guard return to Houston, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports (Twitter link). The deal is for four years and $23MM, Wojnarowski relays. The final year of the contract will pay Beverley $5MM, and is non-guaranteed, Marc Berman of FOX 26 tweets.

Keeping the team together. The Rockets need to add a playmaker and re-sign Smith. In Morey I trust.

smith&wesson
07-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Beverly is a good defensive pg. They really missed him in the playoffs. He would have made a difference imo. specially since they have no depth at that position. Jason Terry was starting... that's how desperate they were. dudes old and washed.

Greg.
07-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Re-sign Smith and get a starting pg and we're good to go!

hugepatsfan
07-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Good move for HOU. He does the things you need a PG next to Harden to do well - shoot 3s and play defense.

smith&wesson
07-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Re-sign Smith and get a starting pg and we're good to go!

Beverly is a starting pg lol... aren't you a rockets fan? you should know this

Vincent
07-03-2015, 07:43 PM
That's an amazing price for a Starting PG in today's NBA.

Very good signing for Houston

KG2TB
Damnit

smith&wesson
Good move for HOU. He does the things you need a PG next to Harden to do well - shoot 3s and play defense.

+1

c.c.
07-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Beverly is a starting pg lol... aren't you a rockets fan? you should know this

He is but we would prefer him coming off the bench. The Rockets need a play maker next to Harden that create his own shot.

Greg.
07-03-2015, 07:55 PM
I don't think my reply with quote thing is working so I'll let C.C. Handle it, but he's probably around the 20-25th best point guard and maybe not top 10 defensively and his 3 point shot is streaky, not great, just solid

Saddletramp
07-03-2015, 08:33 PM
That's an amazing price for a Starting PG in today's NBA.

Very good signing for Houston

And the fourth year is for $5M and is not guaranteed.

Didn't realize that tidbit was in the op. Sorry for the redundancy.

mightybosstone
07-03-2015, 08:39 PM
This is a steal in this market, but I'm still not 100 percent certain that Beverley will go into the season as the starting point guard. Morey still has a lot of assets at his disposal, and I could see him dealing for Collison or Lawson. They certainly need to improve at the position even with the Beverley signing, so I'm sure he'll add somebody.

And even with the Brewer and Beverley signings, I don't think you can completely rule out Houston as an Aldridge destination. The Rockets can still easily pull off a sign and trade with Portand.

smith&wesson
07-03-2015, 10:06 PM
I don't think my reply with quote thing is working so I'll let C.C. Handle it, but he's probably around the 20-25th best point guard and maybe not top 10 defensively and his 3 point shot is streaky, not great, just solid

if hes healthy in next years playoffs, you'll apreciate him.. hes the type to raise his intensity. . I dunno, i like him