PDA

View Full Version : What are the Clippers option at center?

JasonJohnHorn
07-03-2015, 05:21 PM
With DaJ seemingly headed to Dallas (?!?!?!), the Clippers are going to have a huge hole at center.

What do you think their best options at C are? McGee? Who has been getting no notice? Whitesie (if he isn't officially committed to Miami)? Would Okafor or Dalembert work well? Or a center-by-committee approach where they bring in a couple of these guys?

The Clippers didn't even have anybody else listed as a center going into the offseason, and they had no draft picks, so this seems like a huge hole they need to fill.

Leftcoast_yg
07-03-2015, 05:23 PM
With DaJ seemingly headed to Dallas (?!?!?!), the Clippers are going to have a huge hole at center.

What do you think their best options at C are? McGee? Who has been getting no notice? Whitesie (if he isn't officially committed to Miami)? Would Okafor or Dalembert work well? Or a center-by-committee approach where they bring in a couple of these guys?

The Clippers didn't even have anybody else listed as a center going into the offseason, and they had no draft picks, so this seems like a huge hole they need to fill.

Jordan Hill, Undrafted Centers???

Ty Fast
07-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Put blake at center and pierce at pf

AllBall
07-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Are you talking about this season or next? Those names aren't available right now.

Right now on the market or being shopped: Nene, Brendan Haywood, Amare, David Lee, Jordan Hill and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else

KnicksorBust
07-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Put blake at center and pierce at pf

That would work against 90% of teams but I doubt they do it. The Grizzlies would be licking their chops.

goingfor28
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Javale McGee would be a good get imo. Same play style as DJ, just very foul prone. But he's a good rebounder and shot blocker.

Scoots
07-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Pierce can't hold up for a full season starting and playing PF minutes.

McGee is actually dumber and more fragile than DJ ... yikes.

Oden and Bynum?

PraiseJesus
07-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Clippers are screwed

kingsdelez24
07-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Perk aha

DanG
07-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Javale McGee would be a good get imo. Same play style as DJ, just very foul prone. But he's a good rebounder and shot blocker.

This.

beasted86
07-03-2015, 05:52 PM
McGee, old man Dalembert and a couple other guys who have no business starting on a supposed playoff team.

AllBall
07-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Perk aha

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/01/report-doc-rivers-interested-in-signing-kendrick-perkins-to-clippers/

It may just happen

tredigs
07-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Neither Blake or Pierce can hold up for a season at PF/C, even in the small ball era. Pierce is old af and it just demands too much of Blake on both ends. It's a great lineup to mix in, but just can't sustainable. They need to trade for a guy like Koufus. Overall, they're pretty ****ed though.

J_M_B
07-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Neither Blake or Pierce can hold up for a season at PF/C, even in the small ball era. Pierce is old af and it just demands too much of Blake on both ends. It's a great lineup to mix in, but just can't sustainable. They need to trade for a guy like Koufus. Overall, they're pretty ****ed though.

Isn't Koufus a FA? He's probably the best they can hope for.

Does anyone know if the Clippers still have the MLE? Pierce signed for bi-annual money right??

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:04 PM

I agree with all of it until the "Clippers are fu**ed" part. People are being so unusually bias with this idea. Supposedly thanks to the finals you guys just won... small ball is now the future, yet we are fu**ed if we don't have a great player that's specifically a center? Griffin is much bigger than Draymond Green for example. Now I agree, we can't play Pierce/Griffin all season and expect to have anything left of the playoffs (Just like Green didn't play center during the season). BUT let us not forget that the Clippers have TWO in their prime superstars who are top 5, possible MVP candidates.

Clippers even without DJ are a 50+ win team, 6-8 seed and tough out on the low end if Pierce can be close to what he was last year. Factor in Lance bouncing back possibly (has lost nearly 20 lbs this summer already) and the Clippers while not a title contender this year, can still do damage before reloading next summer with max cap space.

I do like your specific mention of Koufos though because along with Hibbert, he's the likely target. Clippers also can S&T Crawford for Pierce and open up full MLE. Couple options. Also Clippers have a 7'3, 290 pound young center on SL roster who just averaged 30/25 overseas. Maybe he can do damage next to Paul/Griffin and surprise people like Hassan Whiteside? HUGE long shot, but can't claim season is done yet.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Isn't Koufus a FA? He's probably the best they can hope for.

Does anyone know if the Clippers still have the MLE? Pierce signed for bi-annual money right??

No Pierce was signed using part of MLE. So around 2 mill left. BUT can instead S&T Jamal for Pierce and that will free up full MLE.

tredigs
07-03-2015, 06:11 PM
@clipsfan, if they get Koufous they're fine (albeit less scary than last year), but as I've mentioned before the Warriors never could have played Dray at C all year and had him hold up (we had this dude named Bogut who played pretty decent D when needed). That's a player who is both better defensively and doesn't have anywhere near the role offensively. Blake and PP could never hold up with a full season at PF/C, and even asking for 25 minutes a night of it will be a major burden. Small ball is awesome, but can PP even handle that amount of pace/usage OFFENSIVELY now? They'd need to be running a ton to make the small ball +EV on the Offensive end... a tough ask of him.

smith&wesson
07-03-2015, 06:14 PM
3 way trade

pacers get ellis
dallas gets dj
clippers get hibbert.

smith&wesson
07-03-2015, 06:16 PM
all they really need is a defensive C who can protect the rim and rebound right ? bismack biyombo fits the bill

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:18 PM
I didn't say they should. I agreed with you that it's not a good idea. I'm more addressing the idea that they are ****ed, which they arent. With the all time great playoff showing Blake just pulled off, nobody has any business saying this team is finished for the forseeable future. I won't expect a deep run this year until I see final roster, but the hype of their collapse is too much. Clippers actually were slightly better defensively with DJ off the floor last year. The big loss will be rebounding but he stole those from teammates anyway (often yelled at teammates for grabbing rebounds). I don't think his shoes are that big to fill.

goingfor28
07-03-2015, 06:20 PM
all they really need is a defensive C who can protect the rim and rebound right ? bismack biyombo fits the bill

Can't afford Biz though. As of now can really only offer the minimum.

tredigs
07-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Yeah "****ed" is relative, I still think they're a very strong team, just not quite as strong currently. We'll see how the rest of the free agency wraps up.

thomass
07-03-2015, 06:27 PM
They should tank. They have no chance now.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah "****ed" is relative, I still think they're a very strong team, just not quite as strong currently. We'll see how the rest of the free agency wraps up.

Agree. I think we have some nice SL players/underrated rookie. I also expect a bounceback from Lance given what I've seen in 3 weeks since trade (two a day workouts, losing 20 lbs, with summer league team supporting youngins). I think a couple solid budget players, a recharged Lance+Pierce even at 80 percent of last year and the drop off won't be too much. Long term I've said all along.. not a fan of such a one dimensional player like DJ being your third max at 21+ mill a year. Next year go offer max to Batum/Dwight or someone else.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:30 PM
What I'd love is a chance for the Clippers vs Mavs in the playoffs and to eliminate them, just to see his face. I love the Mavs as a franchise, have always rooted for them as a side team come playoff time... but purely to see DJ's face. Then again it may not affect him much since he's more concerned with being "The Man" and less with winning.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 24s25 seconds ago
Clippers could have $30M-plus in salary cap space next summer -- and become a real threat for Kevin Durant.

basketballkitty
07-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Clippers options...Chris Kaman, and Henry Sims.

basketballkitty
07-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Clippers options...Chris Kaman, and Henry Sims.

Aust
07-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Clippers could have $30M-plus in salary cap space next summer -- and become a real threat for Kevin Durant.

What's the point of posting this? That has nothing to do with this thread.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:50 PM
What's the point of posting this? That has nothing to do with this thread.

The "Clippers are ****ed" talk is what I posted this for, although it's off topic.

FraziersKnicks
07-03-2015, 06:51 PM

As will pretty much any team that's not over the cap right now.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 06:53 PM
As will pretty much any team that's not over the cap right now.

Yes because every team has an elite PG who leads the league in assists every year and a big man to dump the ball down to and get 20-25 points every game to pair with him. Great comparison SMH.

phantasyyy
07-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes because every team has an elite PG who leads the league in assists every year and a big man to dump the ball down to and get 20-25 points every game to pair with him. Great comparison SMH.

i think homie was speaking more in reference to the cap space.. but curious where did you see that lance news with him shedding 20lbs? I'd like to read up on it, was a big fan before he turned into giant piece of turd with the bobcats

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 07:05 PM
i think homie was speaking more in reference to the cap space.. but curious where did you see that lance news with him shedding 20lbs? I'd like to read up on it, was a big fan before he turned into giant piece of turd with the bobcats

His instagram. He's down to like 215 (he mentioned something about weight last week), came into camp over 235 last year. I've been checking it daily. Watch some of his workout vids too.. dude has an 8 pack right now, last year had a body like Raymond Felton.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Also many teams will have cap.. not many teams will have CP3/Griffin the best playmakers at their position to pair say Durant with.

Pakman
07-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Oh noo. That's the Lakers last hope.[emoji29]

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2015, 07:14 PM
They can only offer the Vet Minimum. not many options. maybe Brandon Hayward when he gets waived.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 07:15 PM
They can only offer the Vet Minimum. not many options. maybe Brandon Hayward when he gets waived.

. Now gain 2.5 of MLE back+also have trade options obviously (mainly in Jamal). So not MANY options, I agree... but couple options.

phantasyyy
07-03-2015, 07:18 PM
even with deandre leaving, the clips don't pickup any cap space to grab someone else?

Vincent
07-03-2015, 07:21 PM
I wonder if the Bulls would want to dangle one of their big men to the Clippers in order to free up playing time.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 07:24 PM
even with deandre leaving, the clips don't pickup any cap space to grab someone else?

No because we were going to be way over cap anyway. Next year 30-35 mill in cap space with Blake and CP3 still under contract for 2 years (2nd year player option for both). So can land someone like Durant, Dwight, Batum etc AND still have like 10+ mill in cap to get a solid role guy, or few depth pieces.

DamnGoat
07-03-2015, 07:25 PM
You're welcome to Joakim Noah and/or Taj Gibson.

They have 5 quality bigs right now, so someone has to go eventually.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 07:26 PM

No assets for guys that good. I'd take either in a heartbeat but only guy we can really give is Jamal and doubt Chicago wants that. Jamal+a young player like CJ Wilcox or something.

phantasyyy
07-03-2015, 07:30 PM

S&T for louuuuu willl

DamnGoat
07-03-2015, 07:32 PM
I doubt it'd take much to get either one of them. Noah's in the last year of his deal (and looks nearly done), Taj is coming off surgery. Neither one should realistically be in their long-term plans.

Vincent
07-03-2015, 07:34 PM
No assets for guys that good. I'd take either in a heartbeat but only guy we can really give is Jamal and doubt Chicago wants that. Jamal+a young player like CJ Wilcox or something.

I'm actually pretty sure Jamal and CJ Wilcox would be exactly what the Bulls need. Bulls management might not do it, just because they're really attached to guys like Taj and Noah, but it's the right move.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm actually pretty sure Jamal and CJ Wilcox would be exactly what the Bulls need. Bulls management might not do it, just because they're really attached to guys like Taj and Noah, but it's the right move.

Well if we were the respective GM's we could make something happen :)

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I'd take Crawford + a 1st rounder for Noah. It's about time we get a guard over 6ft tall to come off the bench and give us some scoring. The midgets we've had have played well during the regular season, but have vanished in the playoffs in recent years other than Nate Robinson who won us a 1st round series all by himself almost.

sf-fanatic
07-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Also many teams will have cap.. not many teams will have CP3/Griffin the best playmakers at their position to pair say Durant with.

Chris Paul will be 31 and both BG and CP will be entering their free agency year as they most likely will decline their player options. The Warriors will likely be able to add a max player along with Green, Thompson, as well as extend Curry (Iggy and Bogut coming off the books). I'm not saying the Warriors are a better option but there will be more appealing locations other than the Clippers.

Scoots
07-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Can't believe how old Perk is at 30 years old.

sf-fanatic
07-03-2015, 08:47 PM
I think Javale Mcgee might be the perfect fit for the Clippers. He won't be asked to do much of offense. He's a similar player to DJ but not quite the defensive presence but with the addition of Pierce and BG's defensive growth, losing the presence of DJ in the middle might not be as bad. He's still relatively young and I think CP and Doc can build him up like they did DJ.

Shammyguy3
07-03-2015, 09:11 PM
I wonder if the Bulls would want to dangle one of their big men to the Clippers in order to free up playing time.

Taj for Crawford or JJ. Please Doc Rivers, make the move.

Clippersfan86
07-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Chris Paul will be 31 and both BG and CP will be entering their free agency year as they most likely will decline their player options. The Warriors will likely be able to add a max player along with Green, Thompson, as well as extend Curry (Iggy and Bogut coming off the books). I'm not saying the Warriors are a better option but there will be more appealing locations other than the Clippers.

31 is old for a skill based player? I'm pretty sure their options are for the following year, not next. Didn't say Warriors aren't a great option did I? I wouldn't by any means say there are necessarily better options/fits than a Clippers team with Paul/Griffin and almost nothing else on contract.

Scoots
07-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Clippers only elite defender is Paul ... NEED to add some defenders to lure Durant.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Clippers only elite defender is Paul ... NEED to add some defenders to lure Durant.

Lance could be too (again all contingent on him bouncing back). Redick is an above average defender. DEFINITELY need couple defensive minded bigs no doubt though. I hope Doc takes a chance on Larry Sanders or McGee as nuts as that sounds. DJ was known to be mentally soft, lazy, complacent before Doc too and look what happened? Sanders is finally starting to play ball again and IF Doc can focus him, he has the skills/ability to do it. McGee is like a dumber version of DJ. But we've seen that he can at least be a solid center with the right coaching/team around him.

Really playing center for the Clippers would be the easiest job in the NBA if you were 7 feet tall. All you need to do is finish easy lobs/dunks and contest shots. Not asking for much. Most NBA players can do this. The issue is finding ones that can do it for say 80+ games a year.

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2015, 07:11 AM
3 way trade

pacers get ellis
dallas gets dj
clippers get hibbert.

That actually sounds pretty good.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 10:00 AM
I know he obviously crashed and burned and didn't really fit into what they were doing for whatever reason, but this kinda makes trading Spencer Hawes feel dumb now, right?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Lance could be too (again all contingent on him bouncing back). Redick is an above average defender. DEFINITELY need couple defensive minded bigs no doubt though. I hope Doc takes a chance on Larry Sanders or McGee as nuts as that sounds. DJ was known to be mentally soft, lazy, complacent before Doc too and look what happened? Sanders is finally starting to play ball again and IF Doc can focus him, he has the skills/ability to do it. McGee is like a dumber version of DJ. But we've seen that he can at least be a solid center with the right coaching/team around him.

Really playing center for the Clippers would be the easiest job in the NBA if you were 7 feet tall. All you need to do is finish easy lobs/dunks and contest shots. Not asking for much. Most NBA players can do this. The issue is finding ones that can do it for say 80+ games a year.

Sanders playing ball again? Since when? He wanted out of the NBA. News to me.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Sanders playing ball again? Since when? He wanted out of the NBA. News to me.

He's playing currently in one of the off season leagues (Goodman or Drew, I forget) and supposedly looks great. Who knows, maybe he can find his love of basketball again?

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 10:25 AM
I know he obviously crashed and burned and didn't really fit into what they were doing for whatever reason, but this kinda makes trading Spencer Hawes feel dumb now, right?

No. Spencer was a bad fit, regardless of what happened to DJ. We would regularly give up 10-15 point leads within 2-3 minutes when he checked into games. Lance Stephenson has lost his weight and is working his *** off this summer. I'm thinking he bounces back. A 2014 or near 2014 Lance is SIGNIFICANTLY more valuable than Spencer for this particular squad. Clippers badly need defenders/rebounders on the wing.

Clippers just have to end up with Hibbert/Koufos/Biyombo etc. A big who has size and can defend. No offense besides easy dunks needed. Clippers offer the easiest job imaginable for a big. Paul and Griffin command constant attention.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-04-2015, 10:26 AM
He's playing currently in one of the off season leagues (Goodman or Drew, I forget) and supposedly looks great. Who knows, maybe he can find his love of basketball again?

He wont pass a random drug screening. He was already caught like 3 or 4 times with Milwaukee. So be a huge risk for any other team to sign him. Unless he took vet minimum.

vjcvhj
07-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Are you talking about this season or next? Those names aren't available right now. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Are you talking about this season or next? Those names aren't available right now. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

Actually they are. Biyombo is now a free agent, Koufos and Hibbert are on the trade block with their respective teams. A S&T of Jamal Crawford for Kostas Koufos has been discussed. Clippers/Mavs/Pacers 3 way trade involving Hibbert/Ellis/DJ has been discussed as well. Now will they happen? Who the hell knows, I won't hold my breath. They are possible though and have been discussed.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 10:31 AM
He wont pass a random drug screening. He was already caught like 3 or 4 times with Milwaukee. So be a huge risk for any other team to sign him. Unless he took vet minimum.

Clippers need gambles at this point. So far it's looking great with Lance Stephenson who's dropped 15-20 lbs already in a month and has been involved with the summer league team, watching their practices and helping coaches.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 10:44 AM
No. Spencer was a bad fit, regardless of what happened to DJ. We would regularly give up 10-15 point leads within 2-3 minutes when he checked into games. Lance Stephenson has lost his weight and is working his *** off this summer. I'm thinking he bounces back. A 2014 or near 2014 Lance is SIGNIFICANTLY more valuable than Spencer for this particular squad. Clippers badly need defenders/rebounders on the wing.

Clippers just have to end up with Hibbert/Koufos/Biyombo etc. A big who has size and can defend. No offense besides easy dunks needed. Clippers offer the easiest job imaginable for a big. Paul and Griffin command constant attention.

True, good points.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Clippers need gambles at this point. So far it's looking great with Lance Stephenson who's dropped 15-20 lbs already in a month and has been involved with the summer league team, watching their practices and helping coaches.

He's basically in back-to-back contract years with that team option, he should be very motivated for both.

phantasyyy
07-04-2015, 10:55 AM
3 way trade

pacers get ellis
dallas gets dj
clippers get hibbert.

highly doubt this trade would go through or even be discussed, seeing as as how the pacers already signed ellis and dallas already signed DJ. The only ones better off would be the pacers by shedding hibberts salary and the Clips by picking up Hibbert. Someone would have to swing some assets to Dallas to make them even consider helping out a conference rival, and we all know how many assets the Clippers have to offer :rolleyes:

Dallas needs a PG, but none to grab from these respective teams.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Clippers and Pacers willing to work a Hibbert/Ellis/DJ sign and trade but Mavs unwilling to help a rival latest reports say.

Vinylman
07-04-2015, 01:38 PM
highly doubt this trade would go through or even be discussed, seeing as as how the pacers already signed ellis and dallas already signed DJ. The only ones better off would be the pacers by shedding hibberts salary and the Clips by picking up Hibbert. Someone would have to swing some assets to Dallas to make them even consider helping out a conference rival, and we all know how many assets the Clippers have to offer :rolleyes:

Dallas needs a PG, but none to grab from these respective teams.

no one is signed at this point and believe me ... if Indy can get rid of hibbert they will gladly send two seconds to Dallas or a highly protected first...

As for the Cipps... you guys better do something ... you are one of the most undersized teams in the the league... losing DJ is a much bigger deal than you guys are admitting to.

Nikeman
07-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Clippers and Pacers willing to work a Hibbert/Ellis/DJ sign and trade but Mavs unwilling to help a rival latest reports say.

Makes a ton of sense what the Mavs are doing, why help a team you will face down the road.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Vinyl if the Clippers keep roster as is, of course it's gonna be lights out. Thing is even just a decent starter like Koufos/Mozgov would replace most of what DJ did on this squad. Stealing rebounds from teammates isn't hard. If you're 7 feet tall contesting shots isn't hard. Catching lobs isn't hard. DJ didn't do anything irreplaceable. Obviously Doc has to add a couple solid bigs.

phantasyyy
07-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Vinyl if the Clippers keep roster as is, of course it's gonna be lights out. Thing is even just a decent starter like Koufos/Mozgov would replace most of what DJ did on this squad. Stealing rebounds from teammates isn't hard. If you're 7 feet tall contesting shots isn't hard. Catching lobs isn't hard. DJ didn't do anything irreplaceable. Obviously Doc has to add a couple solid bigs.

I think your underrating what DJ did for your team, imo he really took a huge burden off Blake's already big plate, and losing him and his athleticism on the PnRs both offensively and defensively, rebounding, and interior presence is dramatically shake up the way the Clips play.

Also I'd characterize Mozgov as more than decent, it did take two first rounders to pry him from the Nuggz

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 02:12 PM
I didn't say he won't be a big loss. I'm saying he's not as hard to replace as people think. Roster as is... won't do jack obviously besides be a competitive 1st round exit.

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2015, 02:18 PM

McGee, and Delembert don't have teams right now. My bad on Whiteside. I thought he was a free agent at the end of this season.

Vinylman
07-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Again, the beneficiary of DJ was Blake... Blake is gonna have to work twice as hard on the Defensive end now... but again... you have no size...

you should really be looking at a guys like Dalembert or even McGee... doubt you get Koufous as the price will be to high... Getting Hibbert might be an option but you need alot to go right for that to occur as previously discussed.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Memphis would take Crawford for koufos. They need scoring. I agree with guys you mentioned tho.

Vinylman
07-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Memphis would take Crawford for koufos. They need scoring. I agree with guys you mentioned tho.

you think koufous goes that cheap? The market is crazy... i could see someone paying him $8 million per year. Not that i think he is worth that but Ed Davis got $6.7 million

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-04-2015, 02:37 PM
I didn't say he won't be a big loss. I'm saying he's not as hard to replace as people think. Roster as is... won't do jack obviously besides be a competitive 1st round exit.
Bucks have 4 decent to good centers I'm sure they are willing to move 1, they need a pf or a 3rd team that sends us a pf while the clips send them assets.

Monroe(not going anywhere)
Zaza
Henson
Plumlee

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Yea I'd love Henson since he seems to be less and less of their future. Would they take Crawford?

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 02:43 PM
you think koufous goes that cheap? The market is crazy... i could see someone paying him $8 million per year. Not that i think he is worth that but Ed Davis got $6.7 million

He's under contract. It would be a trade, not a sign and trade or signing

Vinylman
07-04-2015, 02:51 PM
He's under contract. It would be a trade, not a sign and trade or signing

koufous signed? He is a FA... would have to be a S&T

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 03:15 PM
JaVale McGee to Clips most likely according to Woj. I'm excited to see if Doc can help him like he did DJ

Aust
07-04-2015, 03:19 PM
McGee is the best option. I think he'll play well with them.

Gander13SM
07-04-2015, 03:23 PM
I really want to see them experiment with Blake Griffin at the 5. Play small. Get a solid defensive PF with decent wing span and athleticism.

Embrace the small ball.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 03:29 PM
McGee is the best option. I think he'll play well with them.

Can he catch lobs? Yes. Can he run the break? Yes. Can he set good screens? Yes. Can he defend rim? Yes. He's got all the tools. Question is can Doc reach him and motivate him like he did DJ? I'm thinking he can. People saying CP3 will kill him, I doubt it. McGee can be dumb but he plays hard and isn't as alpha as DJ, so I don't see same problems. Coming off two down years, I expect him to fall in line

LakersIn5
07-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Watch javale mcgee turn it around. Gonna be a beast if he goes to the clippers. Will be the new lob partner of cp3. I see him with the same skillset as deandre and tyson chandler. Actually surprised when i saw on twitter that he was an option for the clipps.i didnt know he was a FA

flea
07-04-2015, 03:48 PM
I really want to see them experiment with Blake Griffin at the 5. Play small. Get a solid defensive PF with decent wing span and athleticism.

Embrace the small ball.

Maybe people don't realize how undersized Blake really is but this wouldn't work at all for much more than 10-15 minutes per game. He has worse height and length than Spurs, Thunder, and Cavs do at the 3-spot. There is no way he could win box-out battles against 5s when he struggles against some 4s.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 03:49 PM
For minimum too. Have to try. If he can replace even 60-70 percent of DJ... combined with Pierce/Lance/Dawson... i still think we can be a better team than last year overall.

flea
Lol at Javale McGee being the saving grace. I am sorry Clippers if that's what you've come to. Almost as bad as hoping for a Kwame Brown comeback.

Gander13SM
Lol oh man. McGee in a Clippers uniform will be hilarious. Pierce, Lance and CP3 will be on his case all the time. He's going to tick them off so much.

I hope this happens just for the entertainment value.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Maybe people don't realize how undersized Blake really is but this wouldn't work at all for much more than 10-15 minutes per game. He has worse height and length than Spurs, Thunder, and Cavs do at the 3-spot. There is no way he could win box-out battles against 5s when he struggles against some 4s.

Not true at all. Look at Blake's career metrics at center. No drop off whatsoever. He's matched up with guys like Cousins for entire games. Length limits his rim protection, not his all around game at center. Defensively may be easier because centers are slower and less athletic. He wins plenty of box out battles against bigger guys. I Agree It Isn't Good FOR A Full season. But not for the reason you stated.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Lol oh man. McGee in a Clippers uniform will be hilarious. Pierce, Lance and CP3 will be on his case all the time. He's going to tick them off so much.

I hope this happens just for the entertainment value.

Well whether or not it works, guarantees to be fun.

flea
07-04-2015, 04:04 PM
He has gotten worse as a rebounder every year in the league. With his physical profile (and knee injury) that basically means he was relying on hops to me. He's got good strength but expecting that to make up for his lack of length and size against 5s is wishful, no matter what he's done in limited sample sizes.

I worry that Anthony Davis will decline like Blake as a rebounder early as well, but at least he has good length. The frame/hands portion can be troublesome as a player's physical prime goes.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 04:14 PM
You didn't just watch Griffin lead the playoffs in reboundimg? He hasn't declined at all there, it's by design. He admitted he's saving self for playoffs. Doesn't help that DJ steals rebounds from teammates and Blake deferred to him there. Blake will see a 2-3 RPG increase this year with DJ gone. As his game goes more and more perimeter based, obviously rebounds will decline. Combine with Doc not letting team crash offensive glass? it's a product of the system/his playstyle change, not a decline in ability bro.

He hasn't declined one bit athletically. He just doesn't go all out on any play anymore, again to save energy for playoffs (his own words). Did you see his 3 dunks on Aron Baynes game 1 of the playoffs? He hasn't lost jack and Davis won't either for a decade.

Munkeysuit
07-04-2015, 04:25 PM
They will sign Javale Mcgee...

Cracka2HI!
07-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't share the feeling that losing DJ is not a big deal. I think it kills any title hopes the Clippers had. Gotta hope for the best tho. Once upon a time Javale McGee was a similar talented big like DJ. I'd be more worried about his health than his ability. He certainly doesn't figure to replace DJ's minutes. A possible Crawford trade might be to the Bucks for Plumlee and Bayless. In theory the Clippers would be deeper and possibly just as good as last year if it all worked out.

McGee/Plumlee
Blake/Big Baby
Pierce/Lance
Reddick/Rivers
Paul/Bayless

I don't think it's as good as last year or replaces DJ. However the teams biggest issues from last year would be addressed.

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Lol at Javale McGee being the saving grace. I am sorry Clippers if that's what you've come to. Almost as bad as hoping for a Kwame Brown comeback.

He literally has the same exact skillset as DJ, for 1/10th the money. He isn't as smart and is foul prone, but in terms of athletisicm, rebounding, shot blocking, he is basically DJ lite.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 04:48 PM
He literally has the same exact skillset as DJ, for 1/10th the money. He isn't as smart and is foul prone, but in terms of athletisicm, rebounding, shot blocking, he is basically DJ lite.

Yup. Poor man's DJ if focused. Even that is probably under selling him if healthy+locked in. If he ca be 60 percent of DJ, then you add Pierce/Lance/Dawson to mix... Clippers improve IMO AND gained a ton of flexibility without DJ

flea
07-04-2015, 04:53 PM
That is like saying Austin Rivers has the same skillset as James Harden. One guy is a top 10-15 center, the other guy would be lucky to be top 50-60. This is the guy who ran the wrong way in a professional game once. Lmao Javale McGee.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Now Clippers talking to Amare. Griffin/McGee/Amare/? isn't that bad.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2015, 05:09 PM
That is like saying Austin Rivers has the same skillset as James Harden. One guy is a top 10-15 center, the other guy would be lucky to be top 50-60. This is the guy who ran the wrong way in a professional game once. Lmao Javale McGee.

Except that these two are actually alike in the way they play. Nice Reach There there. Next you gonna say that's like comparing Kobe to Wes Johnson? Comon man, Stop Trolling. I said he has potential to be a poor man's DJ, which he was 2 seasons ago. Nothing farfetched. Didn't say he WILL pull it off.

goingfor28
07-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Awful comparison

flea
07-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Ballhandling SG slashers who like to stand around and chuck 3s, they're as much the same players as McGee and Jordan are. One is just actually good at it and the other isn't - sort of like Jordan and McGee again. Javale McGee... lol. Clips fans better hope Jordan Hill wants to stay in LA.

ChitownSports16
07-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Talk to Bulls for one of their bigs.. More likely Taj.

Scoots
07-05-2015, 02:00 PM
This year for the Clippers will be about staying healthy, rested, developing as a team, and waiting for the next year to improve the team to make another title run.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2015, 02:18 PM
This year for the Clippers will be about staying healthy, rested, developing as a team, and waiting for the next year to improve the team to make another title run.

Yup. Nobody in their right mind is expecting a title run. Obviously Clippers are dropping to the Mavs/Suns/Pelicans tier this year of guys fighting for say 6-8 seed. GS/SA/Mem/OKC/Hou are clearly the top dogs of the conference now. I'd like us to start focusing specifically on how to build the team around Blake in case CP3's ring itch gets strong and he leaves in 2 years. Blake has proven now that he's good enough to build around as the main superstar/top option. Without Paul two seasons ago when Blake finished as runner up MVP he AVERAGED 28 ppg without Paul for those 20+ games.

I'm really loving Branden Dawson on our SL! Draymond Green's buddy, who by everything I read was considered a high upside, sleeper. Dude looks like Eric Bledsoe in a wing's body. Deflects so many passes, great contact finisher.. hustles. He's been compared to his fellow teammate Draymond Green by some. If Doc isn't a dumbass like usual and gives him minutes (hates playing young guys)... this guy can become our elite defender at the wing. NBA crew doing summer league just said "Congrats Doc, you found a huge steal in this guy Dawson".

This year obviously all we are going to get is a bandaid at center with someone like McGee. He's not going to get us to the finals or something. Still gonna be a 50+ win team and a tough out though. I'm ridiculously excited for next summer. Know the last time Clippers had their 1st round pick AND more than max cap space to play with? Rarely in those situations do you already have two superstars in place too that a lot of guys wanna play with. Even if we don't get someone like Durant.. can get Batum and another quality starter, or couple bench guys.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Ballhandling SG slashers who like to stand around and chuck 3s, they're as much the same players as McGee and Jordan are. One is just actually good at it and the other isn't - sort of like Jordan and McGee again. Javale McGee... lol. Clips fans better hope Jordan Hill wants to stay in LA.

Why are you doing this bro? Constantly finding the worst case scenario in everything Clippers related. Before Doc.. Jordan was a freaking 8 ppg, 7 rpg center. His W/S 48 was on par with McGee is in his 3 better years. Then the two years Doc's been here, DJ exploded. McGee is MORE naturally gifted arguably, although dumber... yet you find it farfetched that Doc could POTENTIALLY have McGee playing at the level of Denver again, which wasn't much worse than DJ?? I don't understand your logic. The tools are there, now it's about whether or not he's willing to work and lock in.

Scoots
07-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Doc's refusal to play young guys (not names Rivers) is frustrating, but his ability to give players confidence when he wants to is very good ... I have little doubt McGee could/should have his best season with the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Doc's refusal to play young guys (not names Rivers) is frustrating, but his ability to give players confidence when he wants to is very good ... I have little doubt McGee could/should have his best season with the Clippers.

Yea. If your name is Austin Rivers I'll play you 25 mpg no matter what. If your name is anything else, fu** you... enjoy your DNP's.

SF8
07-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Yup. Nobody in their right mind is expecting a title run. Obviously Clippers are dropping to the Mavs/Suns/Pelicans tier this year of guys fighting for say 6-8 seed. GS/SA/Mem/OKC/Hou are clearly the top dogs of the conference now.

I think Pelicans will be considerably better than the Clippers. Only position where LAC has advantage is PG that's it.

JasonJohnHorn
07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
You didn't just watch Griffin lead the playoffs in reboundimg? He hasn't declined at all there, it's by design. He admitted he's saving self for playoffs. Doesn't help that DJ steals rebounds from teammates and Blake deferred to him there. Blake will see a 2-3 RPG increase this year with DJ gone. As his game goes more and more perimeter based, obviously rebounds will decline. Combine with Doc not letting team crash offensive glass? it's a product of the system/his playstyle change, not a decline in ability bro.

He hasn't declined one bit athletically. He just doesn't go all out on any play anymore, again to save energy for playoffs (his own words). Did you see his 3 dunks on Aron Baynes game 1 of the playoffs? He hasn't lost jack and Davis won't either for a decade.

Great points!

krrys11
07-08-2015, 09:48 AM
They could pick up McGee for the lobs however I think they can also pick up J.Hill.

That way he can shoot from 15 feet while Blake gets all the lobs.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2015, 09:51 AM
They could pick up McGee for the lobs however I think they can also pick up J.Hill.

That way he can shoot from 15 feet while Blake gets all the lobs.

I read up more on McGee's injury woes and they make me worried. I didn't know he broke his Tibia and has been plagued with soreness since pretty much. Regardless we just need a halfway decent stop gap center, nothing big. Dalembert would be good as the backup maybe? Trade Crawford for a starting 5.

TheNumber37
07-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Chris Paul would Veto a McGee signing.

Deandre really left them out to dry.

Cole Aldrich is good an pinch. Especially if they decide to play Blake at the 5 for 12 mins or so....
Cole could get 24 mins and another backup could get the other 12

valade16
07-08-2015, 11:25 AM
I think Pelicans will be considerably better than the Clippers. Only position where LAC has advantage is PG that's it.

To be fair, that's a big ****ing advantage lol

Scoots
07-08-2015, 11:43 AM
I suggest the Warriors trade Wallace and Kuzmic to the Clippers for Crawford and a 2nd.

beasted86
07-08-2015, 12:12 PM
They should tag team it with McGee and Aldrich. That's about all that's available for the min or whatever is left of the MLE.

They can wait to trade Crawford later on when teams get desperate for depth rather than now which would be selling low.

kdspurman
07-08-2015, 12:33 PM

aman_13
07-08-2015, 12:39 PM
So I guess DJ is still a possibility.

goose15
07-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Will Purdue

Mr.B
07-08-2015, 12:50 PM
So I guess DJ is still a possibility.

Not happening