PDA

View Full Version : Robin Lopez to NY

Stunner
07-02-2015, 11:23 PM
RT @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Robin Lopez has chosen Knicks over Lakers and will join NYK as long as DeAndre Jordan, as expected, chooses Clips or Mavs

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Overpaid.

colinskik
07-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Overpaid.

Welcome to NBA free agency 2015.

Nikeman
07-02-2015, 11:28 PM
If the contract is longer than a year, shame on NY for killing 2016 for a very average team....

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2015, 11:31 PM

It was kinda a joke because I haven't even seen the terms yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I like this signing more than most. I heard $12-$13 mil yesterday. That would actually be a bargain in this ridiculous FA period.

Stunner
07-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Lopez is a good C , better get than Jordan

tredigs
07-02-2015, 11:42 PM
It was kinda a joke because I haven't even seen the terms yet. I wouldn't be surprised if I like this signing more than most. I heard $12-$13 mil yesterday. That would actually be a bargain in this ridiculous FA period.

It was funny.

Inevitably, virtually every free agent (other than the 10 best players in the NBA) of every summer since 1995 has received the "overpaid" term. At a certain point, the fan community just needs to realize that they don't understand NBA free agency and players will go for more than they think they are worth (unless purposely taking a discount to help their team).

tredigs
07-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Lopez is a good C , better get than Jordan

That'd be an uphill climb to try and defend.

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2015, 11:44 PM
I rather have Robin than Jordan so hopefully he chooses the Clips or Mavs, I also hope Robin's contract is no more than 3 yrs

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Also hearing we might waive Calderon to get at Beverly

Beverly
Grant
Affalo
Melo
Lopez

Decent line up, definitely would be surprise if we make the playoffs with that team but we should be able to contend imo

TheNumber37
07-03-2015, 12:16 AM

Beverly
Grant
Affalo
Melo
Lopez

Decent line up, definitely would be surprise if we make the playoffs with that team but we should be able to contend imo

Knicks are keeping Calderon because he knows the triangle and was hurt last year with a terrible team. He won't be traded until we see how Galloway has improved and what grant does it the offense

TheNumber37
07-03-2015, 12:18 AM
I assume it's 2 or 3 years

Considering the knicks only spent 6 on afflalo....
18 a year for both isn't bad. Considering they have over 7 mil left plus mle, Tpe, and mins

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Lopez is a good C , better get than Jordanm
Who brought this guy? Lol

AI
07-03-2015, 12:26 AM
I assume it's 2 or 3 years

Considering the knicks only spent 6 on afflalo....
18 a year for both isn't bad. Considering they have over 7 mil left plus mle, Tpe, and mins

Knicks had $29M in cap space and have spent 2/$16M on Afflalo and the number that is being floated around for RoLo is 4/$50M. Depending on the breakdown of the year to year salaries of those contracts, the Knicks still have approximately $9-11M in cap space. That figure could rise to $18-19M if Calderon is shipped out in one of those deals as a S&T. Wouldn't be surprised if they struck a deal with Beverley, Phil seems to be targeting defense in FA.

Bartlee23
07-03-2015, 12:31 AM

Beverly
Grant
Affalo
Melo
Lopez

Contend for what? Even with that lineup they would be no better than the 7-8th team in the East and that's stretching it. Their bench is horrible,the team is not going to be able to run the triangle,new,inexperienced coach,not a great defensive team (or offensive) and if they resort to Melo ball then prepare for a long year.

redsoxknicks
07-03-2015, 12:33 AM
I think there is no chance Phil gets rid of Calderon (yet). We saw how hard it was for anyone to learn the "system" and Calderon at least has a season experience. We need all hands on deck to bring this group together and he will also be important teacher for Grant.

jimm120
07-03-2015, 12:35 AM
If the contract is longer than a year, shame on NY for killing 2016 for a very average team....

If ANYTHING has been shown by the Knicks and Lakers continuing to whiff with free agents, it is that you need to have a competitive team in place for people to consider you.

This is the 2nd year in a row that the Lakers get nothing.
This is the first year in a row that the Knicks get nothing.

Of course, that is if they whiff on the A tier and B tier players.

Stunner
07-03-2015, 12:48 AM
m
Who brought this guy? Lol

I rather have Lopez personally , Jordan game is off athleticism and when he hits his 30's will be going downhill and I think he's a product of CP3 . Lopez is underrated and with him at least you don't have to worry about FTs . Also coming at a cheaper price tag

Knick_Fever
07-03-2015, 12:50 AM

What makes you think we'll land a big name next year? No guarantees.

NYKnicks4511
07-03-2015, 01:50 AM
That'd be an uphill climb to try and defend.

Not quite. Lopez was better than Jordan at protecting the rim, has better touch around the hoop and from outside, while being a better FT shooter.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2015, 02:09 AM
13th in the east. 30 wins.

NYK_kidd77
07-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Not a bad signing. Jackson has to actually build a team this offseason. Lakers and knicks issues were they just are not an attractive spot right now.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2015, 02:34 AM
Not and will never be a fan of his... He plays 0 defense... I thought the knicks getting monroe would have been bad and it would have and they dodged that bullet but this is even worse... Lets put an injury riddled player who doesnt play defense at all with another guy who doesnt play defense at all and pray it somehow works... I continually say Basketball needs the knicks and lakers to be great and both teams continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

If he gets anymore than 9 or 10 mill a year this will be laughable

LakersIn5
07-03-2015, 02:54 AM
If ANYTHING has been shown by the Knicks and Lakers continuing to whiff with free agents, it is that you need to have a competitive team in place for people to consider you.

This is the 2nd year in a row that the Lakers get nothing.
This is the first year in a row that the Knicks get nothing.

Of course, that is if they whiff on the A tier and B tier players.

Not hating but what the **** is "first year in a row"? How could it be in a row if its only 1? Lol

FriedTofuz
07-03-2015, 03:05 AM
Not hating but what the **** is "first year in a row"? How could it be in a row if its only 1? Lol

I thought the same thing when I read his post but I was too lazy to quote him and waste my time on his ignorance :laugh2:

ohreally
07-03-2015, 03:18 AM
What does committed if mean for a player? A guy is going to let other interested teams go elsewhere while he waits to hear on DJ? Makes no sense to me. Are he and his agent just butted stupid? The commitment if would be from a team, not a player. At least not from a player with an IQ higher than his shoe size.

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Not and will never be a fan of his... He plays 0 defense... I thought the knicks getting monroe would have been bad and it would have and they dodged that bullet but this is even worse... Lets put an injury riddled player who doesnt play defense at all with another guy who doesnt play defense at all and pray it somehow works... I continually say Basketball needs the knicks and lakers to be great and both teams continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

Robin Lopez plays 0 defense :laugh: boy you are as bad here as you are in the NFL forum

More-Than-Most
07-03-2015, 03:48 AM
Robin Lopez plays 0 defense :laugh: boy you are as bad here as you are in the NFL forum

whoops you are correct... i am 100 percent wrong... i thought you got the trash 1 way player from jersey.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-03-2015, 03:51 AM

:D lol

I seen this website that crewfan posted the name of over in the bucks forum and it takes into account every factor in protecting the rim not just blocks or opponent fg % and Robin was ranked right around 20th In The league. I was shocked by how high he was on that list.

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2015, 05:20 AM
whoops you are correct... i am 100 percent wrong... i thought you got the trash 1 way player from jersey.

Haha. I woudknt mind Brook either but he got 20 mill :p

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2015, 05:21 AM
Robin >Amir they got paid around the same :shrug:

DeadWrestler
07-03-2015, 05:29 AM

Just wanted to point out that the cap will be going up substantially after next season, and all these people getting max contracts will be 10 mill under next season. Still a few overpays, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Nycbball08
07-03-2015, 07:08 AM
U
Not and will never be a fan of his... He plays 0 defense... I thought the knicks getting monroe would have been bad and it would have and they dodged that bullet but this is even worse... Lets put an injury riddled player who doesnt play defense at all with another guy who doesnt play defense at all and pray it somehow works... I continually say Basketball needs the knicks and lakers to be great and both teamslopez continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

Lopez don't play defense, do you even watch basketball lol?

omdigga
07-03-2015, 07:13 AM
U

Lopez don't play defense, do you even watch basketball lol?

hes obviously talking about brook lopez.. we got his sidekick robin.. who is pretty much the opposite.

RLundi
07-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Literally NO ONE wants to play for the Lakers. They're like 0-9 in FA acquisitions. Kobe needs to just retire and become a consultant.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2015, 10:44 AM

1 year deal vs. multi-year deal. The Celtics intentionally overpaid Johnson to limit the deal to only 1 guaranteed year. Lopez will be getting a multi-year deal so you can't really compare the contracts.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Literally NO ONE wants to play for the Lakers. They're like 0-9 in FA acquisitions. Kobe needs to just retire and become a consultant.

Would Kobe even be a good consultant?

blahblahyoutoo
07-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Contend for what? Even with that lineup they would be no better than the 7-8th team in the East and that's stretching it. Their bench is horrible,the team is not going to be able to run the triangle,new,inexperienced coach,not a great defensive team (or offensive) and if they resort to Melo ball then prepare for a long year.

you shut your mouth. fisher is an excellent coach and extremely eloquent. he never utters "you know" less than 4 times in every sentence during post game interviews. the mark of a man who has mastered the english language.

Stunner
07-03-2015, 01:58 PM
@WojYahooNBA: The Knicks are finalizing a four-year, $54 million agreement with free agent center Robin Lopez, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Both brothers are now in NY

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2015, 02:16 PM

Amir is a 1 year deal. this is way worse...

and they're pretty equal IMO

phantasyyy
07-03-2015, 02:23 PM
4/54m isn't that bad of a contract to be honest. Centers have been known to command in the 10m+ range, not to mention Robin is a great interior defender and anchor. This is someone the knicks needs to stabilize their defense woes, esp with the idea of playing melo at the 4 sometimes, and zinger being a rookie.

13.5m along with the cap rising isnt an overpay, I'd say its right in line with what a center of his skill set would bring. shoot.. haywood's contract is currently 10m and he doesn't even play, that should say something about his contract.

Great pickup for the knicker bockers

Stunner
07-03-2015, 02:30 PM

How is it worse ? Lopez is a solid big

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2015, 02:33 PM

I'd rather have Amir's contract than Lopez'. Lopez is ok but it looks like ppl here like him alot more than I do. he's what, the 15-20th best C in the league?

Stunner
07-03-2015, 02:49 PM
I'd rather have Amir's contract than Lopez'. Lopez is ok but it looks like ppl here like him alot more than I do. he's what, the 15-20th best C in the league?

15- 20th ? Lmaoo the C spot not that deep bro

One year or 4 it doesn't matter cuz the cap is increasing a lot so any deal for a big around this much is solid ; especially with Lopez skill set .

I'll take Lopez at this price than Jordan who prob get 15 million or a lil more

cheetos185
07-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Because he signed with Knicks [emoji13]

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2015, 03:00 PM
15Th- 20th ? Lmaoo the C spot not that deep bro

He's definitely in that range.

Definitely better than him (numbers arent my ranking, just easy way to keep track of how many):

1 boogie
2 M Gasol
3 Horford
4 DJ
5 D12
6 Vuc
7 Drummond
8 Gobert
9 Noah
10 Jefferson
11 Chandler
12 Gortat
13 Brook

Arguably better:
14 Bogut
15 Valanciunas
16 Whiteside (sample size definitely works against him but even if he's 3/4 of what he was last year, it's arguable that he's better)

Guys that could potentially pass him due to being in better situations or just improving next season:
17 Kanter
18 Nerlens
19 Hibbert

So at best he's what, 13-14? I wasn't that far off original point

Knick_Fever
07-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Agreed. But the biggest difference is Lopez is 7ft 1with size and Amir is only 6ft 9 and a hefty 220 lbs lol. But its pretty fair on both deals so there shouldnt be any arguments here.

Stunner
07-03-2015, 03:06 PM
I'll take Lopez over Noah now

limebalz05
07-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Lopez played well for Blazers last season. He lost steam the 2nd half and died.

Bartlee23
07-03-2015, 07:50 PM
I'll take Lopez over Noah now

Former DPOY, one bad injury filled year? Pretty bad logic. I guess Melo and every other player injured last year is not as good now?

Stunner
07-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Former DPOY, one bad injury filled year? Pretty bad logic. I guess Melo and every other player injured last year is not as good now?

How is it bad logic ? As a bulls fan and speaking for bills fans most want to move him and not sign him to another deal

Vincent
07-03-2015, 08:07 PM
How is it bad logic ? As a bulls fan and speaking for bills fans most want to move him and not sign him to another deal

I'm down on Noah, but I still rate him higher than Robin Lopez... especially since they're basically getting paid the same amount now... with Noah's deal ending next year.

Bartlee23
07-03-2015, 08:10 PM

Been a Chicago fan for 40 years. Not sure how old you are but I'm taking a former DPOY, all-star, player who took an injured filled team on his back and achieved league MVP votes, playoff experience, is only 30 over a 27 year old player who has achieved nothing.

Not saying Lopez is horrible and I would take him above others but IMO you're way off and if you feel that way please don't watch this year. Where are these people that want him gone and who's filling in?

Stunner
07-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Been a Chicago fan for 40 years. Not sure how old you are but I'm taking a former DPOY, all-star, player who took an injured filled team on his back and achieved league MVP votes, playoff experience, is only 30 over a 27 year old player who has achieved nothing.

Not saying Lopez is horrible and I would take him above others but IMO you're way off and if you feel that way please don't watch this year. Where are these people that want him gone and who's filling in?

Noah is 30 and his knees are bone on bone reportedly , you don't just get better and try the Bulls forums

Bartlee23
07-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Noah is 30 and his knees are bone on bone reportedly , you don't just get better and try the Bulls forums

Just saw you running your mouth here and no one agreeing with you. Again Lopez has accomplished nothing and has has injuries of his own. Again who would replace all Noah can contribute? Hustle,rebounding one of the best passing centers in t he league,leadership. You pretty much fail on all levels and don't need the "Bulls forum " to back me up. The next guy after me pretty much agreed with me. Good thing you're not GM. Maybe time to pick a new team?

Stunner
07-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Lmaooo whoa why are you attacking me because I want to make the team Better ? You have some serious issues bro

Noah and Pau didn't fit well together last season , Taj and Pau and Niko and Noah had better chemistry together . With a new coach coming in he will have to figure out which one to start because IMO they can't do it based on last year . I'm a huge Noah fan but I know when I see the writing on the wall , I don't think he will capture what he once was . He has knee and foot problems in his 30's and doesn't bold well for Centers . All you're doing is running your mouth about how I don't know what I'm talking about and how much you love Noah for what he brings . I'm not willing to give Noah a big contract in the offseason and I'm sure the Bulls FO are thinking the same unless it's on their terms . Rather Noah has a little better year or not his pride gonna take a hit come contract talks unless he's willing to take a discount .

Stunner
07-03-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm down on Noah, but I still rate him higher than Robin Lopez... especially since they're basically getting paid the same amount now... with Noah's deal ending next year.

That's ok and yes they make the same amount now , but if Noah wants more than he's making at the moment with his injury history he's not worth paying . Also Lopez is about 3 years younger than Noah with this contract .

If Noah asking for 3 or 4 years at $15 million per you gonna give it to him ?

Aidask
07-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Good luck making the playoffs

KnicksorBust
07-03-2015, 11:20 PM

Disagree. The Knicks had 0 centers on the roster and are one of the worst defensive teams in the nba. They locked up a 27 year rim protector who will fit perfectly with their two best players and fills a huge need.

"Lopez allowed opponents to shoot just 48 percent at the rim last season. That field goal percentage ranked 16th in the NBA among players who faced at least seven field goal attempts at the rim.

While that ranking doesn’t sound very impressive, here’s a little perspective:

Lopez ranked ahead of the following elite rim defenders: Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan. Not bad.

In 2013-14, Lopez’s numbers as a rim protector were more impressive. He allowed opponents to shoot 46 percent at the rim, the NBA's second-best percentage behind Roy Hibbert." - espn

You can play him alongside Melo at the 4 or Porzingis. I love that we have him locked up right as he is at his prime.

Bartlee23
07-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Lmaooo whoa why are you attacking me because I want to make the team Better ? You have some serious issues bro

Noah and Pau didn't fit well together last season , Taj and Pau and Niko and Noah had better chemistry together . With a new coach coming in he will have to figure out which one to start because IMO they can't do it based on last year . I'm a huge Noah fan but I know when I see the writing on the wall , I don't think he will capture what he once was . He has knee and foot problems in his 30's and doesn't bold well for Centers . All you're doing is running your mouth about how I don't know what I'm talking about and how much you love Noah for what he brings . I'm not willing to give Noah a big contract in the offseason and I'm sure the Bulls FO are thinking the same unless it's on their terms . Rather Noah has a little better year or not his pride gonna take a hit come contract talks unless he's willing to take a discount .

First off quit being so sensitive. That's why I said I wasn't how old you are. And to tell me I have " serious issues" just goes to show the immaturity and ignorance of you. The whole debate was who was a better center (Lopez or Noah) which pretty much all would choose Noah. Noah has had injuries but lets not forget this is a guy who played through pain and grew into a leader,DPOY,all-star and an MVP candidate. Lopez has accomplished nothing in his career other than being a slightly above center going to a lottery team where he is not going to get any better. Lopez has had injuries as well and centers perform well into later ages than others anyways.

Where did I say anything about " giving Noah a big contract in the offseason?" even if I did say that you know the salary cap is going up right? Wade is getting 20 million for 1 year you don't think they would pay Noah for a few more years? They have no center in place to take his spot,Gasol is getting older and IMO see Noah playing at a higher level for a few more years after being out of the Thibs system. If you don't think Noah brings a lot to the team with his leadership, hustle ,rebounding,etc. then you haven't been watching the games. Go call any GM in the league and they'd love to have him.

Don't have time to argue with you anymore. Kind of boring. You can have Lopez,I ( and probably a majority of people) are taking Noah every day of the week. I like my team just the way they are and will be rooting for them to go all the way. Go Bulls !!!

Dade County
07-04-2015, 12:01 AM

Definitely better than him (numbers arent my ranking, just easy way to keep track of how many):

1 boogie
2 M Gasol
3 Horford
4 DJ
5 D12
6 Vuc
7 Drummond
8 Gobert
9 Noah
10 Jefferson
11 Chandler
12 Gortat
13 Brook

Arguably better:
14 Bogut
15 Valanciunas
16 Whiteside (sample size definitely works against him but even if he's 3/4 of what he was last year, it's arguable that he's better)

Guys that could potentially pass him due to being in better situations or just improving next season:
17 Kanter
18 Nerlens
19 Hibbert

Just because Whiteside didn't play a full season, doesn't mean you can't put two & two together.

Whitside is clearly top 7 right now (going by your list).

So if he plays at the same level (or a little better) for the first 32 games, then he can get some credit?

Man if Whiteside was on the market right now, he would be the number 1 free agent out there. Front offices would be going crazy right now, trying to land a 25yr center, thats athletic, with very good hands and that has hidden offensive potential.

Stunner
07-04-2015, 12:01 AM
I'm 26 ....

You keep brining up Noah's past accomplishments like I didn't witness them , it's pretty obvious a heathy Noah is way better than Robin Lopez . The problem is we do not know if Noah will ever truly be that healthy again with his current injuries. That's why I said I'll take Robin Lopez cuz I do not have any faith in Noah's body . If you're fine with that power to you

Sadds The Gr8
07-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Just because Whiteside didn't play a full season, doesn't mean you can't put two & two together.

Whitside is clearly top 7 right now (going by your list).

So if he plays at the same level (or a little better) for the first 32 games, then he can get some credit?

Man if Whiteside was on the market right now, he would be the number 1 free agent out there. Front offices would be going crazy right now, trying to land a 25yr center, thats athletic, with very good hands and that has hidden offensive potential.
If u read the brackets before the list, I said it wasn't in any order.

I personally would take Whiteside over Lopez but i can easily respect an argument for him having a small sample size. We've seen players explode for a big chunk of 1 season then revert back to the norm...(Jeremy lin, Marcus Thornton, Darren Collison, Arron Afflalo) all come to mind.

Sadds The Gr8
07-04-2015, 12:19 AM
I'm 26 ....

You keep brining up Noah's past accomplishments like I didn't witness them , it's pretty obvious a heathy Noah is way better than Robin Lopez . The problem is we do not know if Noah will ever truly be that healthy again with his current injuries. That's why I said I'll take Robin Lopez cuz I do not have any faith in Noah's body . If you're fine with that power to you
I definitely meant at full health. Maybe he was just beat up for 1 year. The awkward fit with gasol also didn't help. If he sucks again next season I'll reconsider him.

Stunner
07-04-2015, 12:22 AM
I definitely meant at full health. Maybe he was just beat up for 1 year. The awkward fit with gasol also didn't help. If he sucks again next season I'll reconsider him.

Yea nobody wouldn't want a 100% Noah the thing is nobody thinks he will be again and the gasol fit didn't help . He plays better with Niko and Pau better With Taj . Some of us Bulls fans just trying to find the right fit for our lineup and not give money to a player with knee and foot problems that obviously isn't your for a center .

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 12:26 AM
15Th- 20th ? Lmaoo the C spot not that deep bro

1 boogie
2 M Gasol
3 Horford
4 DJ
5 D12
6 Vuc
7 Drummond
8 Gobert
9 Noah
10 Jefferson
11 Chandler
12 Gortat
13 Brook

Arguably better:
14 Bogut
15 Valanciunas

17 Kanter
18 Nerlens
19 Hibbert

Is take whiteside 3rd right now

Could change after next season

Dudes never really been able to work on his game till this offseason

MonroeFAN
07-04-2015, 01:09 AM
^no one cares

KMP211
07-04-2015, 01:40 AM
another guy i have no doubt knicks fans will fall in love with. underrated player.

solid building moves this off-season, after all the moaning. sg and c were two gigantic needs, and the knicks got strong two way veterans at good value, plus the draft picks. i'm not a knicks fan but so long as you believe in Porzingis what's not to like?

FriedTofuz
07-04-2015, 01:46 AM
I kind of feel bad for the knicks. ALthough they will most definitely improve and will be healthy with the offseason, they originally intended to go after players like dragic, gasol, rondo, aldridge, deandre, and didnt get any one of them. They should be much better defensively next season and maybe they can get lee, he'd be a good 2nd option behind melo, right now, the knicks still have no other option and no bench.

GiantsSwaGG
07-04-2015, 09:52 AM
I kind of feel bad for the knicks. ALthough they will most definitely improve and will be healthy with the offseason, they originally intended to go after players like dragic, gasol, rondo, aldridge, deandre, and didnt get any one of them. They should be much better defensively next season and maybe they can get lee, he'd be a good 2nd option behind melo, right now, the knicks still have no other option and no bench.

Grant
Afflalo
Melo
Zinger
Lopez

Lopez and Afflalo should help out a lot on the D and I think these players fit the triangle well and compliment melo, wouldnt shock me to see them in the playoffs.

According to you we're a playoff team

vjcvhj
07-04-2015, 10:27 AM
If the contract is longer than a year, shame on NY for killing 2016 for a very average team.... http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

KnicksorBust
07-04-2015, 11:26 AM
If the contract is longer than a year, shame on NY for killing 2016 for a very average team.... http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

Completely disagree. Signing Lopez for a year would be monumentally stupid. With the rising cap I saw this is basically like an $8-$10 mil contract and that is an absolute bargain for someone who can do this:

"Lopez allowed opponents to shoot just 48 percent at the rim last season. That field goal percentage ranked 16th in the NBA among players who faced at least seven field goal attempts at the rim.

While that ranking doesn’t sound very impressive, here’s a little perspective:

Lopez ranked ahead of the following elite rim defenders: Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan. Not bad.

In 2013-14, Lopez’s numbers as a rim protector were more impressive. He allowed opponents to shoot 46 percent at the rim, the NBA's second-best percentage behind Roy Hibbert." -ESPN