PDA

View Full Version : Should we start to fear the deer?

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Bucks have low key put together a sick, high upside, versatile roster.

MCW
Giannis antekejejeksodoa
Parker
Henson
Monroe

Then you got nice role guys like Mayo, Middleton, Plumlee, Dudley. Sleeper pick for ECF run? I'd put them up there with Wizards as sleeper east pick, but even more upside.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 12:39 PM
ps props to the NBA for balancing out the small market vs big market situation.

KnicksorBust
07-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Not fear but the future looks bright. Could make 2nd round.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Most versatile roster? Pretty much all of their guys can play 2-3 positions comfortably. Reminds me of GS this year in that sense.

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2015, 12:47 PM
They aren't legit title contenders yet, but they've officially ascended to the "team no one wants to play in the first round" status.

ManRam
07-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Still a ways away with MCW, Giannis and Jabari's youth. It's a good core, and Monroe helps...but none of the top teams should be worried. But if any of those three (probably either of the last two) turn into a super star, then maybe the league should be on notice. But again, they're a ways away from even entering their primes.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Still a ways away with MCW, Giannis and Jabari's youth. It's a good core, and Monroe helps...but none of the top teams should be worried. But if any of those three (probably either of the last two) turn into a super star, then maybe the league should be on notice. But again, they're a ways away from even entering their primes.

Guys I agree they won't challenge for title right now. But in next 4-5 years when guys like Giannis and Jabari start hitting prime??

Jarvo
07-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Top 5 team in The East next year behind Cavs, Heat (with Wade) Bulls & Wizards (I think Otto Porter makes that leap this year finally) The Bucks are gonna be a good fun team to watch next year and hope my boy Parker is 100%

Aust
07-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Gotta see how their playing during the second half of the season. Like the potential.

Wes Mantooth
07-02-2015, 12:59 PM
It's nice to see a small market team improve, and in the Eastern conference. What is this Christmas?

Westbrook36
07-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Guys I agree they won't challenge for title right now. But in next 4-5 years when guys like Giannis and Jabari start hitting prime??

Dangerous lineup with immense length and versatility if Giannis and Jabari hit close to their ceilings.

Eastern Conference could be really exciting in the next 3-4 years

kingkenny01
07-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Next year depends on how much Giannis, Jabari and Michael carter Williams get better

Hawkeye15
07-02-2015, 01:20 PM
they should be a team fighting for that 4th seed, and regardless, not a team that anyone wants to see in round 1. Couple years away, but their core is better now than it has been in yearssssssssss

greg_ory_2005
07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
They need perimeter shooting bad. Middleton will most likely be a starter as well

long ball
07-02-2015, 01:34 PM
They need perimeter shooting bad. Middleton will most likely be a starter as well

Middleton is definitely a starter.

Agreed in the perimeter shooting. Middleton and Vasquez are about it from three. Bucks just sort of hope that Jabari and giannis develop a good outside shot.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Middleton is definitely a starter.

Agreed in the perimeter shooting. Middleton and Vasquez are about it from three. Bucks just sort of hope that Jabari and giannis develop a good outside shot.

For balance purposes I don't mind Middleton there (Only legit outside shooter right now) but long term I'm not so sure. Parker worked at PF somewhat but I don't think that's his best spot. Only alternative way to have their best guys all at once is to start Giannis at PG.

Giannis
Middleton
Parker
Monroe
Henson

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 01:45 PM
I see Jabari becoming Paul Pierce 2.0. That's who his game reminds me off. Then again I haven't watched every single game, so I'm open to correction on that. I see a versatile, crafty, deceptively quick, high IQ wing who can create for self and teammates.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1JMbSLPvc

:laugh:

BKLYNpigeon
07-02-2015, 02:01 PM
They're long versatile and can defend. I think the Bucks can be a top 4 team next season.

crewfan13
07-02-2015, 03:30 PM
For balance purposes I don't mind Middleton there (Only legit outside shooter right now) but long term I'm not so sure. Parker worked at PF somewhat but I don't think that's his best spot. Only alternative way to have their best guys all at once is to start Giannis at PG.

Giannis
Middleton
Parker
Monroe
Henson

I think Middleton is more a part of the long term plan than Henson is. I think Henson has shown the Bucks over the last few years that he's really more of a matchup big than a true starter. He's a very good shot blocker, but isn't strong against true back to the basket bigs, is a spotty rebounder and has no offensive game. He's a nice 3rd big for this team.

Stunner
07-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Need to trade MCW for Knight

JEDean89
07-02-2015, 03:45 PM
honestly, if i'm this team, i'm looking to trade Jabari to the Nuggs, for Ty Lawson, Wilson Chandler, and Kenneth Faried. They can send OJ, and Grevis Vasquez to make salaries match.

Lawson/MCW
Middleton/Chandler
Giannis/Chandler
Faried/Henson
Monroe/Plums

Gives them a big time starting 5 with balanced scoring and defense, they can go big or small, they have decent shooters and rim protection. Jabari is injured, plays the same position as Giannis and isn't the two way force that he is. Nuggs could build around Mudiay, Harris, Jabari and Nurkic. Nuggs basically bet the house on Jabari. Bucks should at least consider it, they would be a top team in the East if they can gel.

72 Wins
07-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Giannis MUST, and I mean MUST develop a mid range game.

Chronz
07-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Yeah Middleton is arguably their best player and will definitely start

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 04:13 PM
honestly, if i'm this team, i'm looking to trade Jabari to the Nuggs, for Ty Lawson, Wilson Chandler, and Kenneth Faried. They can send OJ, and Grevis Vasquez to make salaries match.

Lawson/MCW
Middleton/Chandler
Giannis/Chandler
Faried/Henson
Monroe/Plums

Gives them a big time starting 5 with balanced scoring and defense, they can go big or small, they have decent shooters and rim protection. Jabari is injured, plays the same position as Giannis and isn't the two way force that he is. Nuggs could build around Mudiay, Harris, Jabari and Nurkic. Nuggs basically bet the house on Jabari. Bucks should at least consider it, they would be a top team in the East if they can gel.

Parker and Giannis are untouchables. Not all that crazy over Faried. Heck Denver's front office isn't nuts over him either. That was quoted and they only signed him cause he's a fan favorite. MCW is cheaper and younger and will improve his jumper. Prefer MCW long arms and height over Lawson. Also we would have less shooters yet with this deal. We get worse at PF from Parker to Faried.

Bruno
07-02-2015, 04:30 PM
yes.

Giannis dropped 25 on Chicago on the playoffs. Next year they will make noise.

GSRaider
07-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Love the direction they're headed in.
They look legit on paper. ECF/Championship contenders... I don't think so... But maybe? It is possible... I think realistically, they are a year or two away from being full on contenders...
Really curious to see how Jabari develops and plays next season. If he develops and lives up to his deserved hype, in year or two the Bucks will be rightfully feared.

Bucks fan should be excited.

5ass
07-02-2015, 06:18 PM
yes.

Giannis dropped 25 on Chicago on the playoffs. Next year they will make noise.

He averaged 11 PPG on 36% fg and didn't make a 3. Let's slow down a little.

I don't love the Monroe signing. I don't exactly dislike it, but I don't think he's a great fit. I like their future though.

MonroeFAN
07-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Lol @ "MCW will improve his jumper". Is that a fact?

LeonFSU
07-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't love the Monroe signing. I don't exactly dislike it, but I don't think he's a great fit. I like their future though.

I agree with this. If they put their best players on the floor together the interior defense will be bad with Monroe/Parker at C/PF

colinskik
07-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Middleton is a starter; Henson is not; Monroe will play C.

Not sure who starts at the 4, but 2-4 are virtually interchangeable.

Maybe Bucks fans can confirm a true starting lineup?

MCW
Middleton
Parker
Giannis
Monroe

Plus, with the likes of Henson, Vasquez, Mayo, Pachulia, and Plumlee off the bench, the Bucks have a deadly combination of talent, youth, and veteran experience.

And what's the status of players like Dudley and Bayless??

I'm scared of this team. They can do damage in the East.

Kyben36
07-02-2015, 06:54 PM
I dont think they win, but they are defeinitily contenders

it probably looks more like

MCW
MIddleton
Gianis
Parker
Monroe

And i think they lack defensive ability inside.

0nekhmer
07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Great size but none of these guys can hit 3s. They will no doubt be one of the top defensive teams though.

LakerShow
07-02-2015, 07:24 PM
I'd put them behind the cavs and the regular season team hawks. Ahead of the bulls and wizards.

Cal827
07-02-2015, 07:35 PM
I think they'll be a rising team. Maybe not this season, but definitely in the next year. I can see them sliding past Washington or Toronto, and taking one of the 4/5 seeds.

Man, on paper, the East looks like it should be half decent this year. Cleveland, Chicago, Indiana, Milwaukee, Toronto, Washington and Miami all could be near the top... well I say that now... until the season actually starts :laugh2:

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2015, 08:13 PM
They could be the Wizards of 2014

Dade County
07-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Good for them, a good tough team.

not getting out of the East unless Parker because a super start or something; but still a good team to sale to their fan base.

Alayla
07-02-2015, 09:37 PM
MCW is kinda bad but otherwise they are doing really well.

FOXHOUND
07-02-2015, 09:55 PM
They have a lot of talent, but I'm not sure I like the fit. I think Monroe is a great fit defensively, or I should say the rest of a roster is a great fit defensively for him. A lot of long, athletic defenders who will run around and cover up his lack of mobility, leaving him to just stand there and be a body in front of the rim.

On offense... I think he's a horrible fit to be honest. He's a low post scorer, and the one thing you need to surround a low post scorer is with shooters. They seem way too easy to clog the paint on and watch them brick jumpers all game. But, they should be better.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Good for them, a good tough team.

not getting out of the East unless Parker because a super start or something; but still a good team to sale to their fan base.
I'd disagree on the Parker part. If our starting lineup is....
MCW
Middleton
Giannas
Parker
Monroe
That is 5 guys that are all under 25. So I don't think the bucks getting out of the East relies on only Jabari becoming a superstar. They should all continue improving.
(IDK about Monroe) but the other 4 starters still have plenty of potential and time to reach it considering they are still a few years away from their physical primes. Anyways if all 4 of them improve into good players but none of them ever become top 10-15 in the league (I'd consider the top 15 players in the league superstars) they still could end up coming out of the East eventually. Just as a team of all really good players kind of like the 2000 era pistons.

MCW-Needs to really improve his jumper. (mid-range and 3pt range) Also has to cut down on t.o's.

Middleton- He's a top wing defender already and is a good offensive player who has only got legit PT for 2 seasons. He averaged over 18ppg after the Knight trade, but I think he can improve a few things on offense including his handles a little bit and his craftiness to score. He could be a 25 ppg scorer and a top SG In The league within a few years.

Giannas- Everyone knows he needs to improve his jumpshot. He improved from 1st to 2nd year and in the 2nd year improved more by the all star break. Also needs to be able to shoot a 3 and keep the D honest. Last season he almost refused to shoot the 3. If he gets a respectable jumpsuit to a very good jumpsuit he will be impossible to defend with the way he can drive the ball. The bucks Front office needs to decide if they want Giannas or Parker to play the 4 and if he is going to play the 4 he needs to continue to get stronger and put on some more weight.

Jabari-if there's no issues from the torn acl he's going to have to bulk up and put on some muscle to have a career at the 4. I'd like to see a little more range than he showed in the 25 games or so he played last year. Hopefully out to the 3pt line. He also can improve his defense and rebounding. Even if he can't improve those 2 things putting on some muscle and working on the fundamentals should help.

I'm not going to comment on Monroe just because I haven't seen him as much as ive seen these guys. Like I said they're all young and have areas they can improve in as well as improving things they already do well. If they all fill out to the potential they can there's a chance that they could be top 15 but even if they don't become or have a superstar they still have a chance to come out of the East.

DemarDerozan
07-03-2015, 12:51 AM
The Bucks will be the OKC of the East and may signal the beginning of a turnaround regarding talent balance between the two conferences.