PDA

View Full Version : Monroe to Bucks for Max Deal

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2015, 11:09 AM
All over twitter.

Jarvo
07-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Damn, I legit thought he would've went to The Knicks wow!

North Yorker
07-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Bucks will be a tough out in the playoffs next year. Lots of length, talent, and skill on that team.

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Damn, I legit thought he would've went to The Knicks wow!

They reportedly did not offer him a max deal.

Giannis94
**** yeah.

Raidaz4Life
That was definitely a curve ball. Hard to believe any free agents actually consider Milwaukee

GiantsSwaGG
I heard we didn't offer him a max deal which I'm totally fine with. Nice signing for the Bucks they'll be my favorite NBA 2k16 team lol

Avenged
Out of nowhere. Nice addition.

tp13baby
07-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Bucks will be a tough out in the playoffs next year. Lots of length, talent, and skill on that team.

Very tough athletic team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2015, 11:17 AM
so what's bucks' starting lineup?

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 11:17 AM
I called it in the Knicks forum.

Good for him and good for the Bucks. A nice young team with a lot of promise.

It's nice to see.

North Yorker
07-02-2015, 11:19 AM

MCW
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Monroe

with Henson/Mayo/Zaza/Vasquez/Plumlee/Ennis off the bench.

NYKnickFanatic

MCW
Middleton
Freak
?
Monroe

GiantsSwaGG

MCW
Middleton
Giannias
Parker
Monroe

Very balanced team

Mochalman
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 50s50 seconds ago
Monroe will sign a three year deal, with a player option on the third year, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 11:20 AM
MCW
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Monroe

I forgot all about Parker!!!

Damn, good for the Bucks man!

Giannis94
07-02-2015, 11:20 AM

MCW/Middleton/Jabari/Giannis/Monroe. Middleton and Jabari could flip

valade16
07-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Wow, Milwaukie is starting to look good. Still not a fan of trading Knight for MCW, but they definitely have an interesting team.

TheNumber37
Knicks mad. But judging by the short term bargain deal afflalo got. It seems the knicks maybe did not want to offer him the max. And you know this is a 20 mil per year deal. Knicks probably wanted him for 16 or 18

JWO35
As a Piston fan I can't wait to see Drummond dominate Monroe for years to come...

RLundi
07-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I don't get it for the Bucks. Will he start at C?

Monroe
Parker
Freak
Middleton
MCW

That defense looks bad and the spacing is meh. I don't like it for the Bucks. Millerhighlife, correct me here.

AstonMartin34
07-02-2015, 11:23 AM
I like it. Bucks going to be dangerous. Hopefully Parker comes back strong.

He still qualifies as a rookie I think and should be front runner for ROY.

Mochalman
07-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 44s44 seconds ago
Greg Monroe will sign a three-year, $50M deal with the Bucks, including the player option on the final year, sources tell Yahoo.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Knicks mad. But judging by the short term bargain deal afflalo got. It seems the knicks maybe did not want to offer him the max. And you know this is a 20 mil per year deal. Knicks probably wanted him for 16 or 18

Actually not mad. Would I have wanted him? Yes. But it is nice to see someone choose a team like the Bucks, over the Lakers and Knicks.

Bucks future looking really good.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2015, 11:27 AM
folks at Milwaukee now have a nice team to root for

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Yeah buddy. We needed to sign somebody. All that capspace sitting for 24 hours got boring waiting for the shoe to drop. I knew Middleton staying was a given. Curious if the Bucks shop Henson now to the highest bidder to those that missed out on free agency? Kidd likes Zaza and started him over Henson. Plumlee didn't get to play much either. Also Bucks get Inglis back this season. We drafted him injured last year. He's a Moute with a jump shot and good defense and long arms as well. Great passer and handle. Can play sg/sf/pf. Long arms for the win.

deaner
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Knicks be penny pinching

They talked about M Gasol and Monroe all season... then on July 1 they poop the bed

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM

no lol

Scoots
07-02-2015, 11:29 AM
That was definitely a curve ball. Hard to believe any free agents actually consider Milwaukee

So now Bucks fans can stop complaining that no top free agents ever even consider the Bucks :)

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Knicks be penny pinching

They talked about M Gasol and Monroe all season... then on July 1 they poop the bed

Every time the Knicks go out and throw max contracts for injury prone/non superstar players, they get bashed for it and people say they shouldn't have given him a max.

Now they are trying to be wise instead of throwing max contracts around and they still get bashed lol.

Better to have the money than just wasting it.

KnicksorBust
07-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Great signing for the Bucks. His "max" was basically market value and now they have a legit low post threat and a good rebounder. Plus they were already a good defensive team.

ewing
07-02-2015, 11:32 AM

Monroe
Parker
Freak
Middleton
MCW

That defense looks bad and the spacing is meh. I don't like it for the Bucks. Millerhighlife, correct me here.

What?

KnicksorBust
07-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Plus he is young. That core could have a few chances to make a run in the East.

AstonMartin34
07-02-2015, 11:37 AM

no lol

Yeah I just searched it. I thought it was like MLB or the NHL.

RLundi
07-02-2015, 11:38 AM
What?

Up top it does, I mean. Monroe is a **** defender and Parker, I have no idea, but I imagine him against quality fours and do not get good vibes. The interior defense does not look good.

But yeah, Giannis is long, Middleton is good and MCW is solid.

mjt20mik
07-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 18m18 minutes ago
The Milwaukee Bucks just beat out the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers for a free agent with all offering the same contract.

lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Monroe
Parker
Freak
Middleton
MCW

Spacing could be bad if Parker, Giannis,MCW don't improve. But remember MCW was coming off of a shoulder injury last year offseason so he didn't get to improve on that. Not sure why you would say bad defense? Bucks were like top 5 last season? That was with Zaza starting. Zaza to Monroe can be any worse? Monroe better rebounder so we get more second chances. Bucks got killed on the boards.

Yeah spacing could be bad with that line up if no self improvements. But we still have Middleton, Mayo, Dudley, Vasquez, Vaughn, Bayless, Ennis to fire away. I think we will be all right. Monroe be taking on double teams. Giannis and MCW be slashing. Parker hitting midrange shots and Middleton parked out in three point land. Sounds great to me. Plus we have a deep bench. Kidd new owners and new arena on the way. Probably host All star game in new arena as well. Culture changing for the better. Milwaukee does have a lake and a river. Vaughn said he wants to go fishing.

Cal827
07-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Fear the maw****ing Deer.

This team is gonna be good in the next few years. Kidd is a *******/very good coach. I think he'll develop MCW into something good, which will make Philly kick themselves for giving up on him. After all, Kidd wasn't a great shooter when he played :laugh2:

They just need a defensive C to come off the bench for them, and I think they'll be in the top 5 in the East within the next 2 years.

I'm curious who's going to start to fall out now. Hopefully, the injuries aren't as bad as last year, cause the East is gonna look fun :laugh2:

kingkenny01
07-02-2015, 11:41 AM
The money was the same and he still picked the bucks, this is the first time I have ever seen that

MonroeFAN
07-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Meh.

He's a center, and doesn't play any defense. They now have 1 player in their starting 5 that can hit a shot beyond 15 feet with any consistency.

I've never been afraid of the bucks and this team won't be any different.

deaner
07-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Every time the Knicks go out and throw max contracts for injury prone/non superstar players, they get bashed for it and people say they shouldn't have given him a max.

Now they are trying to be wise instead of throwing max contracts around and they still get bashed lol.

Better to have the money than just wasting it.

good luck sub-ing in that fat sack of cash to play instead of an actual player. Is Dolan really going to choose not getting a season long targeted player for a couple of Million? And the fan base is good with it? Raptor fans won't complain if the Knicks pick is in the lottery.

Cal827
07-02-2015, 11:43 AM
lol

:laugh:

Literal end game for the Egos of the Knicks/Lakers, especially for the Lakers, who just lost out on a big FA.

I think for them, things change once Kobe retires though :laugh2:

RLundi
07-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Spacing could be bad if Parker, Giannis,MCW don't improve. But remember MCW was coming off of a shoulder injury last year offseason so he didn't get to improve on that. Not sure why you would say bad defense? Bucks were like top 5 last season? That was with Zaza starting. Zaza to Monroe can be any worse? Monroe better rebounder so we get more second chances. Bucks got killed on the boards.

Yeah spacing could be bad with that line up if no self improvements. But we still have Middleton, Mayo, Dudley, Vasquez, Vaughn, Bayless, Ennis to fire away. I think we will be all right. Monroe be taking on double teams. Giannis and MCW be slashing. Parker hitting midrange shots and Middleton parked out in three point land. Sounds great to me. Plus we have a deep bench. Kidd new owners and new arena on the way. Probably host All star game in new arena as well. Culture changing for the better. Milwaukee does have a lake and a river. Vaughn said he wants to go fishing.

Ahh true, did not take into account the defense being so good last season, but Zaza is a good defender. Monroe is awful. Also, Parker was out most of the season. Idk how he defended when he played though so I could be wrong but with that new front court, I think the defense will suffer some. They'll still assuredly improve in the win column, if for no other reason than experience.

MonroeFAN
07-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Sorry 2 players that can hit a shot beyond 15 feet. I forgot about Parker, that's assuming he comes back healthy.

I don't understand this signing at all. Themoney is fine, but he is the complete opposite of what the bucks should be looking for. The league is moving towards being able to space out the floor, and protect the paint. He does neither of those.

Won't miss his constant whining one bit.

ewing
07-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Up top it does, I mean. Monroe is a **** defender and Parker, I have no idea, but I imagine him against quality fours and do not get good vibes. The interior defense does not look good.

But yeah, Giannis is long, Middleton is good and MCW is solid.

I think Monroe is a actually a pretty good position defender, he just doesn't like to leave the paint a lot and in this spot he wont be ask too. Monroe also gives you rebounding the and type of post present that will create a balanced floor and allow you to control tempo more. Both those things help your defense. Parker is a question mark but with the Bucks style and performance this year i cannot see them not being a solid defensive team next year. Their challenge remains the same- hit jumpshots

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 11:54 AM
good luck sub-ing in that fat sack of cash to play instead of an actual player. Is Dolan really going to choose not getting a season long targeted player for a couple of Million? And the fan base is good with it? Raptor fans won't complain if the Knicks pick is in the lottery.

I prefer to have money to spend next year, rather than over paying for someone. Dolan is letting Phil run things, so who cares what he has to say.

You have our pick, correct, so wouldn't you want us to suck again?

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 11:57 AM
lol

The money was the same and he still picked the bucks, this is the first time I have ever seen that

Per Woj, we didn't offer the max. I'll believe Woj before anyone else reporting.

mjt20mik
07-02-2015, 11:59 AM
I prefer to have money to spend next year, rather than over paying for someone. Dolan is letting Phil run things, so who cares what he has to say.

Only issue with that is that a lot of teams will have money to throw at free agents next year.

If you are losing FA to the likes of Milwaukee after one year of being in the lottery, imagine what two years will do.

mjt20mik
07-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Per Woj, we didn't offer the max. I'll believe Woj before anyone else reporting.

please link where it said that... i went through a few of his recent tweets and didn't see anything pertaining to Monroe and the Knicks

North Yorker
07-02-2015, 12:01 PM

Link?

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I heard we didn't offer him a max deal which I'm totally fine with. Nice signing for the Bucks they'll be my favorite NBA 2k16 team lol

Hahaha had exact same thought.

pebloemer
07-02-2015, 12:09 PM
The Bucks are a a pretty legitimate team in the East. Great defensive group and loads of talent offensively. That is not a team I would want to play against.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 12:10 PM
lol

please link where it said that... i went through a few of his recent tweets and didn't see anything pertaining to Monroe and the Knicks

Link?

Someone posted in the Knicks forum. I went to look for it on his twitter, can't find it.

Maybe it was fake. My bad.

mjt20mik
07-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Someone posted in the Knicks forum. I went to look for it on his twitter, can't find it.

Maybe it was fake. My bad.

No worries... its an unfortunate situation the Knicks and Lakers are in.

LakerShow
07-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Good pick up for them.

Giannis94
07-02-2015, 12:26 PM
So now Bucks fans can stop complaining that no top free agents ever even consider the Bucks :)

Nah, we've signed players like Bobby Simmons for 40 million or something, Oj Mayo, etc. Were just excited that its a proven player now.

Aust
07-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I'd like top see the Bucks have a big season. The east is so pathetic they could use another good team.

J_M_B
07-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Love this signing for the Bucks

They have a ton of depth on the wing and now they have a legit low post threat. Such a strong young core with Parker, Middleton, Giannis and now Monroe, though I'm not a fan of MCW

raiderposting
07-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Love this signing for the Bucks

They have a ton of depth on the wing and now they have a legit low post threat. Such a strong young core with Parker, Middleton, Giannis and now Monroe, though I'm not a fan of MCW

This. I wish they had a better shooter at the PG position. maybe they should have kept knight at least. A better shooter at the PG position will have me really believing. Maybe they should try to flip MCW for Lowry since he didn't look to happy near the end there in Toronto.

Jarvo
07-02-2015, 12:39 PM
MCW
Middleton
Giannis
Parker
Monroe

Parker should not be playing the 4 lol but believe he did last year anyway.

bleedprple&gold
07-02-2015, 12:41 PM

With the cap rising you will still have money to pursue free agents next year, and they are going to cost more, so better to spend the money now. This is not the year to be penny pinching.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 12:48 PM
but everyone wants to play in the big markets in NY and LA...

great move for the Bucks thats a scary team

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 12:55 PM
but everyone wants to play in the big markets in NY and LA...

great move for the Bucks thats a scary team

I think it has been proven, for some years now, this is not the case.

So let's put the sarcastic saying to rest and watch all the free agents flock to Philly.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Nice addition. Monroe at center I am not the biggest fan of, but with Monroe, and Parker returning, should at least give the Bucks a league average offense to go with their very good defense.

bleedprple&gold
07-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Nice addition. Monroe at center I am not the biggest fan of, but with Monroe, and Parker returning, should at least give the Bucks a league average offense to go with their very good defense.

They can play Henson at center and bring Middleton off the bench.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 01:01 PM
CBS Ken Berger now mentions Monroe picked the Bucks cause we're most playoff ready.

KB24PG16
07-02-2015, 01:11 PM
bucks should be fun to watch

Hawkeye15
07-02-2015, 01:14 PM
They can play Henson at center and bring Middleton off the bench.

eh, they can get away with Monroe at center if they need to.

Milwaukee should be fighting for HCA in their first playoff series I would guess.

kobe4thewinbang
07-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Is there any chance for a S&T or did the Pistons totally blow it?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Is there any chance for a S&T or did the Pistons totally blow it?

Bucks had the cap out right to spend. Unless we had plans to lure in another free agent would be only reason for a sign and trade. Not sure what we would deal Mayo? O'Bryant? Plumlee? Ennis? We already salary dumped Ersan to Pistons. Could say it was Ersan for Monroe.

C-Wick925
07-02-2015, 01:42 PM
If they wouldnt have traded knight they would have had the pistons 2.0 roster

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 01:46 PM
If they wouldnt have traded knight they would have had the pistons 2.0 roster

You guys were already rocking the old Bucks roster of Jennings,Meeks,Butler,Ersan. You need to sign CV.

ewing
07-02-2015, 01:47 PM
eh, they can get away with Monroe at center if they need to.

Milwaukee should be fighting for HCA in their first playoff series I would guess.

i think they will be fine with him at center. He isn't a shot blocker but he is a big dude and the Bucks are long as **** everywhere else.

C-Wick925
07-02-2015, 01:48 PM
You guys were already rocking the old Bucks roster of Jennings,Meeks,Butler,Ersan. You need to sign CV.

lol basically... Milwaukee Pistons and Detroit Bucks

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 01:51 PM
I think it has been proven, for some years now, this is not the case.

So let's put the sarcastic saying to rest and watch all the free agents flock to Philly.

you will be seeing them flock here in 2 years. Lets also not pretend like most La and NY fans havent been talking like they they will be getting this guy or that guy.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 01:58 PM
you will be seeing them flock here in 2 years. Lets also not pretend like most La and NY fans havent been talking like they they will be getting this guy or that guy.

Sure they will.

Fans of teams hope to get players. Doesn't mean they will get them, doesn't mean they won't.

You have some ignorant fans who think they are getting every free agent available and then you have the realistic fans who would like to have certain free agents, but know they probably won't get them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 02:05 PM
There was a tiny blimp of a rumor of Knicks close to signing Robin Lopez. Not sure if legit or not. I kinda gave up watching free agency news after the Monroe signing.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Link?

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn 27m27 minutes ago

Alan Hahn retweeted Buddy

I know Falk says otherwise, but I did not hear a "full" max was offered to Monroe.

Woj said, Lakers and Knicks didn't offer max. I'm guessing it was deleted.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Hoops Rumors ‎@Hoops_Bucks

#Knicks didn't offer max to Monroe, per @JeffZillgitt. He's #Bucks-bound, @WojYahooNBA says: http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/07/bucks-to-sign-greg-monroe-to-max.html
9:10 AM - 2 Jul 2015

Think this is what your looking for? I got all the tweets in Bucks forum.

InRoseWeTrust
07-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Sure they will.

Fans of teams hope to get players. Doesn't mean they will get them, doesn't mean they won't.

You have some ignorant fans who think they are getting every free agent available and then you have the realistic fans who would like to have certain free agents, but know they probably won't get them.

Fair enough, but I think the issue is that the NYK and LAL fanbases seem to have a higher concentration of really outspoken fans who operate under the genuine belief that every player wants to play for their team. Not to re-open a closed book or beat a dead horse, but we just saw it with the Butler thing. A few media whispers about Jimmy having interest in LA, and all of the sudden it was presumed that he was going to force his way on to the Lakers. There were very clear discussions in the main from certain posters about how great it was going to be for the Lakers to build around a core of Deangelo, Butler, Randle, etc.

Those kinds of 'assumptions' rub other posters the wrong way, as they should. They come off as extremely arrogant, which can be frustrating because they are largely based off wild speculation and conjecture by the media.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Link?

Think this is what your looking for? I got all the tweets in Bucks forum.

Yup, thanks!

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Link?

Fair enough, but I think the issue is that the NYK and LAL fanbases seem to have a higher concentration of really outspoken fans who operate under the genuine belief that every player wants to play for their team. Not to re-open a closed book or beat a dead horse, but we just saw it with the Butler thing. A few media whispers about Jimmy having interest in LA, and all of the sudden it was presumed that he was going to force his way on to the Lakers. There were very clear discussions in the main from certain posters about how great it was going to be for the Lakers to build around a core of Deangelo, Butler, Randle, etc.

Those kinds of 'assumptions' rub other posters the wrong way, as they should. They come off as extremely arrogant, which can be frustrating because they are largely based off wild speculation and conjecture by the media.

I get where you're coming from. But ALL teams have fans that are arrogant. It shouldn't mean we should categorize the whole fan base as that and dislike them.

Scoots
07-02-2015, 03:10 PM
I think modern media has dramatically reduced the value of LA/NY to entertainers and now the tax breaks and the team around a player are easier to choose over the LA/NY "lifestyle" but the teams and fans still think nothing has changed from the 80s.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 04:03 PM
oh and every team who offered Monroe, including NY offered the max

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-03-2015, 01:12 AM
oh and every team who offered Monroe, including NY offered the max
I heard this on sportscenter today as well!

Rodney Stuckey
07-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Funny to think if they would have kept knight that would have been 3 pistons in the starting lineup.

Lloyd Christmas
07-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry 2 players that can hit a shot beyond 15 feet. I forgot about Parker, that's assuming he comes back healthy.

I don't understand this signing at all. Themoney is fine, but he is the complete opposite of what the bucks should be looking for. The league is moving towards being able to space out the floor, and protect the paint. He does neither of those.

Won't miss his constant whining one bit.

So I guess it's time for a name change, MonroeFan?

cgjcgjk
07-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Bucks will be a tough out in the playoffs next year. Lots of length, talent, and skill on that team. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif