PDA

View Full Version : Thompson / Landry / Stauskas to Philly

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:12 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Sacramento is trading Jason Thompson and Carl Landry as part of a salary dump to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: The Kings are sending Nik Stauskus to the 76ers as part of the deal too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

5ass
07-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Wow good job Philly. Stauskus had a bad year, but potentially a solid role player in time.

Vinny642
07-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Someone is trying to get rondo

Jtirado16
Wow. Sixers being a smart team for once.

spreadeagle
Philly make actually be a living breathing nba team next year

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Rondoooo

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:20 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: The Kings, after completing this trade, will have the salary-cap space to outbid Indiana for a free agent they've long coveted: Monta Ellis

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Rondo for Collision trade coming up

hotdalton18
07-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Wow so kings trying to get rondo and Ellis?

That team might finally make the playoffs

Vinny642
07-01-2015, 11:25 PM
I read Matthews and Rondo, not Ellis

Stunner
@WojYahooNBA: The Kings clearing the salary cap space to pursue free agents Rajon Rondo and Wes Matthews, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Stunner
@WojYahooNBA: The Kings are seriously interested in free agent guard Monta Ellis too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports .

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Rondo
Wes
Gay
Boogie
WCS

[emoji48]

hotdalton18
07-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Rondo
Wes
Gay
Boogie
WCS

[emoji48]

Yah that's gonna make some noise if they get everyone

JLynn943
07-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Wish we didn't have to give up on stauskas just to do a salary dump, but if we get Ellis or Matthews I'll be happy.

sixer04fan
07-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Wroten/Stauskas/Covington or Grant/Noel/Okafor

Embiid and his decayed foot waiting in the wings...

All of a sudden we almost have a real basketball team.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:48 PM
@ZachLowe_NBA: Sixers will receive a protected 1st-round pick from the Kings, and swap rights w/ Sacto in the 1st round of two other drafts, sources say.

More-Than-Most
07-01-2015, 11:49 PM
i am a huge stauskas fan so i ****ing love this deal but cant believe the kings would drop him for a salary dump

More-Than-Most
07-01-2015, 11:50 PM
@ZachLowe_NBA: Sixers will receive a protected 1st-round pick from the Kings, and swap rights w/ Sacto in the 1st round of two other drafts, sources say.

lol come on really? stauskas and a first... god i love hinkie.... i agree with other sixer fans... saric has to be in the deal from us

ManRam
07-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Philly gets a first :laugh: Curious to see how heavily protected it is...but still. It's a no-brainer move for Philly.

Hinkie fleeces another GM. Hinkie! Hinkie!

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 11:57 PM

Holy sh!+. That's straight extortion.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Well looks like we'll be getting the Kings pick next season [emoji1]

Sactown
07-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Well looks like we'll be getting the Kings pick next season [emoji1]

Actually 2018 and rights to swap in two other drafts . We better have gotten Saric. It's definitely a gamble

ManRam
07-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Top-10 protected first way down the road. Saric not involved.

North Yorker
07-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Why would Sac do this deal before they got verbal agreements with Rondo/Wes/Ellis?

If they strike out then this is an incredibly stupid deal for them.

bleedprple&gold
07-02-2015, 01:22 AM

At first I thought why would Philly do this deal? It hurts their eternal tanking strategy. Then I saw the 1st included and it all made sense. Philly doesn't make trades unless they get at least one draft pick.

Stunner
07-02-2015, 01:35 AM
@sam_amick: Speaking of Wes Matthews, I'm told he's scheduled to visit Kings in Sacramento tomorrow. Assuming the SMF runway will be one long red carpet

Sadds The Gr8
07-02-2015, 01:35 AM
Man the Kings are morons...

Sactown
07-02-2015, 01:37 AM
Top-10 protected first way down the road. Saric not involved.

Yeah for sure it's a gamble for the Kings

Either we are bad enough to keep our protected pick

Or we're good enough that we dont care

Also the swapping gamble is, will we be worse than the Sixers? And if we are, how much worse could we be?

I'm not ecstatic about the move but if we land Wes Mathews I wouldn't be upset with it either. Too many unknowns . We have 3 years till this matters

Stunner
07-02-2015, 01:37 AM
Why would Sac do this deal before they got verbal agreements with Rondo/Wes/Ellis?

If they strike out then this is an incredibly stupid deal for them.

A heavily protected pick and two overpaid PFs ... Not much of a loss . Maybe Stauskus but he should have never picked him anyway . Kings have salary cap to make moves regardless if they miss . They will at least get one or two of these guys and make other solid signings hopefully .

Only real loss is the swap of the picks

If money is what Wes is looking for the Kings have plenty of it now

Sactown
07-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Man the Kings are morons...

If the Kings are a .500 or better in 3 years it's barely a loss and we shedded salary and an injured Landry

If we suck we at least get to keep our first rounder in 2018 and we might have to move back a few spots depending on Philly ..

Not the worst deal in the world

Sactown
07-02-2015, 01:45 AM
Also the pick swaps are next year and the year after

Next year if our pick is higher than 10 it goes to Cleveland so the Kings just have to be better than Philly to keep their pick

Year after Philly needs to be better than kings but Kings can't be better than 8th spot

I doubt this will have any affect

Stunner
07-02-2015, 01:51 AM
Don't forget Chicago should have a pick coming it's way if you're out the top 10

Sactown
07-02-2015, 02:01 AM
Don't forget Chicago should have a pick coming it's way if you're out the top 10

Cleveland actually gets it. The Swaps mean nothing the next two seasons unless Philly magically becomes a contender .. worst realistic case would be if Philly was slightly better and we had to move down a spot or two ...

In 2018 they get it if we're in the playoff hunt and if we still suck we get to keep it.. only way it would hurt is if we just miss the playoffs but we're one of the best teams to miss it .

Scoots
07-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Not the worst deal in the world

This defines success in Sacramento now :)

Sactown
07-02-2015, 02:05 AM
This defines success in Sacramento now :)

Obviously this deal is inconclusive until 2 years from now ...

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-02-2015, 02:19 AM
Also the pick swaps are next year and the year after

Next year if our pick is higher than 10 it goes to Cleveland so the Kings just have to be better than Philly to keep their pick

Year after Philly needs to be better than kings but Kings can't be better than 8th spot

I doubt this will have any affect
The kings should easily be better than the 76ers the next 2 years so they shouldnt be concerned about the pick swaps.

If I'm reading this right the only thing they should be kinda concerned about is that the pick is in 3 years and I believe Cousins will be a free agent that offseason. So they Could possibly lose Cousins and not have a 1st round pick in the same offseason.
Besides that they scored big time in dumping not 1, but both Landry and Thompsons contracts in 1 deal by giving up a disappointing 2nd year player and a future 1st.

I like it for the 76ers as well because as disappointing 1st year as Nik had he's still a lottery pick with potential. If he can even become a 6th man shooter off the bench that's a good add to a young team with a few promising big men and plenty of 1st round picks.

Munkeysuit
07-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Philly just got blessed! haha everyone knows the Kings are planning to tank, shoot, they know they don't have a chance to land any of those players they "supposedly" cleared cap space for.

Munkeysuit
07-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Sacramento wants success? they need to trade both Cousins and Gay...

Stunner
07-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Cleveland actually gets it. The Swaps mean nothing the next two seasons unless Philly magically becomes a contender .. worst realistic case would be if Philly was slightly better and we had to move down a spot or two ...

In 2018 they get it if we're in the playoff hunt and if we still suck we get to keep it.. only way it would hurt is if we just miss the playoffs but we're one of the best teams to miss it .

So wtf ......... Man I hate Yall

yasharel
07-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Kings got done in with this trade. Franchise is going nowhere

Scoots
07-02-2015, 02:43 AM
Warriors would have like to have Nik.

BKLYNpigeon
07-02-2015, 02:56 AM
ehh... im not big on Stauskus. i think he can be a good role player.

Cal827
07-02-2015, 02:57 AM

Boy, that escalated quickly stunner :laugh2:

BKLYNpigeon
07-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Warriors have up Two 1st and Two 2nd round picks to Utah get rid of Biedrins and Richard Jefferson.

We used the cap space and got Iggy.

JLynn943
07-02-2015, 09:39 AM

I think Cleveland traded the rights to the pick to Chicago last year. Either way, it's top 10 protected the next two years and then becomes a second rounder. I don't totally understand the Philly part right now. I guess if we have a top 10 pick better than the Sixers, they can take it from us? Kind of odd and I could be mistaken. But, if we're out of the top 10 it should still belong to Chicago I would think. Don't know how that could possibly be avoided.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 10:10 AM
This deal is going be so much better if that Kings miss out on the FA's they want. Hinkie is the man

True Sports Fan
07-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Nik is trash. I don't care about losing him. The pick swaps will be irrelevant because we will be better than the 76ers.

valade16
07-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Am I the only one that thinks a Sacto team of:

Rondo
Ellis
Gay
Cousins
WCS

Is going to have terrible chemistry on the court? That looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

This was a great move for Philly.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Believe this makes it 12 players under contract and tons of cap yet. Last three guys will be getting paid tons till fill up cap apron. Or eat some dead weight. Actually never mind. Okafor and other rookies not added to the roster yet. You guys probably be over the roster limit soon. So 76ers be wheeling and dealing all summer.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Horrible trade for Sacramento. We lose Stauskis, a protected top 10 pick, and two swap rights just so we can shed enough salary to sign Rondo and MAYBE Wes Matthews. Horrible.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-02-2015, 10:33 AM

Rondo
Ellis
Gay
Cousins
WCS

Is going to have terrible chemistry on the court? That looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

We have seen the Rondo/Ellis combo. No bueno. I think they covet Wes Matthews though instead of Ellis.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Believe this makes it 12 players under contract and tons of cap yet. Last three guys will be getting paid tons till fill up cap apron. Or eat some dead weight. Actually never mind. Okafor and other rookies not added to the roster yet. You guys probably be over the roster limit soon. So 76ers be wheeling and dealing all summer.

def have more than 12 players here after this since Canaan and Aldemier are under contract but i think with team options (not sure).

Scoots
07-02-2015, 11:05 AM

Rondo
Ellis
Gay
Cousins
WCS

Rondo, Cousins, WCS, Gay are all head cases for good or bad ... so, who is the craziest SG? Maybe they can trade for Kobe to round out the team?

tp13baby
07-02-2015, 11:27 AM

Rondo
Ellis
Gay
Cousins
WCS

Karl will get fired because his ego will not mesh with Rondo or Boogie. But Wes would be ideal. This team is definitely a half court team.

RB#20
07-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Rondo
Ellis
Gay
Cousins
WCS

Rondo/Ellis is the worst thing about that scenario. Replace Ellis with a catch and shoot SG and it's actually a great situation to be a part of for Rajon Rondo. He can dominate the ball all he wants and get his bigs involved.

jifnbi
07-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Wow. Sixers being a smart team for once. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

GoferKing_
07-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Hope it ends with:

Rondo
Wes
Gay
Cousins
WCS

And Wes and Rondo better be healthy and motivated, othrewise Kings are screwed for another 5 to 7 years.

RB#20
07-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Hope it ends with:

Rondo
Wes
Gay
Cousins
WCS

And Wes and Rondo better be healthy and motivated, othrewise Kings are screwed for another 5 to 7 years.

Rondo and motivated are two words that have never gone together since his entry into the NBA.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Hinkie is living the thug life. Reports on Twitter that at some Sixers rookie event right now in the parkin lot... Hinkie turned to the arriving press, threw his arms up in the air and yelled "Are you not entertained!?" in Gladiator fashion. His bloodlust for GM's of this league is unquenchable.

PhillyFaninLA
07-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Wow. Sixers being a smart team for once. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

6 posts....posts from your real profile you troll....coward

JLynn943
07-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Rondo/Ellis is the worst thing about that scenario. Replace Ellis with a catch and shoot SG and it's actually a great situation to be a part of for Rajon Rondo. He can dominate the ball all he wants and get his bigs involved.

Well, the Kings are meeting with Wes Matthews today...

Stunner
07-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Boy, that escalated quickly stunner :laugh2:

Pissed me off

WITZ
07-02-2015, 04:25 PM

Almost certain the bulls got that pick lol think it was part of that Deng trade ... that dude was garbage in his time with the cavs lol

warfelg
07-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Almost certain the bulls got that pick lol think it was part of that Deng trade ... that dude was garbage in his time with the cavs lol

It's top 10 protected IIRC, which is the only way the Sixers can flip picks with the Kings.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Kings will be bottom 10 bad this is straight robbery!

Scoots
07-02-2015, 10:45 PM
The 76ers suck-train keeps ticking along ... but I've got to hand it to Hinkie, he is leveraging his cap for assets left right and center.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2015, 10:49 PM
were not eve gonna suck this year, at least not compared to the last 2 years. Bringing back a top 10 D and arguably the best player in the draft to lead the O should have us nearing 30 wins (i think 28 worst case) this year if we stay healthy. There is a really good chance the Kings will have the better pick between us the next 2 years.

GoferKing_
07-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Kings will be bottom 10 bad this is straight robbery!

Well, Kings FO and about everyone else is mental...

Sactown
07-03-2015, 04:34 PM
were not eve gonna suck this year, at least not compared to the last 2 years. Bringing back a top 10 D and arguably the best player in the draft to lead the O should have us nearing 30 wins (i think 28 worst case) this year if we stay healthy. There is a really good chance the Kings will have the better pick between us the next 2 years.

How so?

Noel has shown promise on defense and

Embiid no NBA experience and injured
Okofor Rookie

Canaan?
Luc?
Tony W?

I see 18 games maybe..

PhillyFaninLA
07-03-2015, 04:58 PM
How so?

Noel has shown promise on defense and

Embiid no NBA experience and injured
Okofor Rookie

Canaan?
Luc?
Tony W?

I see 18 games maybe..

I can understand that, especially with a name like Sactown you have to believe that we will be worse.

But,

Last year we where a top 10 defense, that requires a strong team effort, and that is without a whole lot of starter level talent.

I'm not going to go through our roster here but I am going to say this, if you watched the Sixers enough last year you saw a high energy team, that wasn't embarrassed a whole lot, especially not for a good portion of the games. We often ran out of steam late because we didn't have the experience or starter level talent to finish. Our record was far worse than our play for 3/4 of most games.

You add a healthy Wroten, a year of experience under the belt of guys like Grant and Noel (who's offense starting coming along nicely by the end of the year, granted he won't be a 20 a night guy but certainly could be a 15 - 17 on top of game changing defense which he showed last year). A center like Okafer who is expected by experts to command double teams day one can allow us to finish many of those games we didn't.

I always thought it was interesting the way people trashed our team when it was clear they where not actually watching the games, but the stat sheets and record. We played well in most games for 3/4 of those games and now we have more experience and more talent than last year, with a head coach that has done a great job with what he has been given.

Sactown
07-03-2015, 05:07 PM
I can understand that, especially with a name like Sactown you have to believe that we will be worse.

But,

Last year we where a top 10 defense, that requires a strong team effort, and that is without a whole lot of starter level talent.

I'm not going to go through our roster here but I am going to say this, if you watched the Sixers enough last year you saw a high energy team, that wasn't embarrassed a whole lot, especially not for a good portion of the games. We often ran out of steam late because we didn't have the experience or starter level talent to finish. Our record was far worse than our play for 3/4 of most games.

You add a healthy Wroten, a year of experience under the belt of guys like Grant and Noel (who's offense starting coming along nicely by the end of the year, granted he won't be a 20 a night guy but certainly could be a 15 - 17 on top of game changing defense which he showed last year). A center like Okafer who is expected by experts to command double teams day one can allow us to finish many of those games we didn't.

I always thought it was interesting the way people trashed our team when it was clear they where not actually watching the games, but the stat sheets and record. We played well in most games for 3/4 of those games and now we have more experience and more talent than last year, with a head coach that has done a great job with what he has been given.

you also moved one of your best players half way through the season . I don't honestly believe your team is trying to win next year , you haven't added enough talent to show you were better than last year , and showed a willingness to move average players to win less games in the search of a star. I don't think Hinkie believes he's found that guy yet

PhillyFaninLA
07-03-2015, 05:18 PM
you also moved one of your best players half way through the season . I don't honestly believe your team is trying to win next year , you haven't added enough talent to show you were better than last year , and showed a willingness to move average players to win less games in the search of a star. I don't think Hinkie believes he's found that guy yet

For the record I expect us to win 25 games, we can win more, but that is my expectation. What I want to see is us expand on what we did last year and finish some of those games, become a pit peskier (like a gnat), and start to see some offense.

I expect Brett Brown to have a steady roster (or steadier) than he has had the past 2 years. I think the true tanking portion is done and now we are going to start to see what pieces work together and start to get the players we need. I didn't think this as strongly as I did prior to this trade. Stauskas was a guy who could score and hit a 3 and that is exactly what we need.

The Sixers had something like 47 players on the roster the past 2 years, I expect us to have 15 or so for the season and maybe half of those will be part of the long term plan.

Like I said, we were a top ten defense last year and we were highly competitive for 75% of most games when we just didn't have the talent or experience to finish. We have more experience and more talent. We have some offense, and we have the same coach who I think has done as good of a job as anyone could have.

Sactown
07-03-2015, 06:07 PM
For the record I expect us to win 25 games, we can win more, but that is my expectation. What I want to see is us expand on what we did last year and finish some of those games, become a pit peskier (like a gnat), and start to see some offense.

I expect Brett Brown to have a steady roster (or steadier) than he has had the past 2 years. I think the true tanking portion is done and now we are going to start to see what pieces work together and start to get the players we need. I didn't think this as strongly as I did prior to this trade. Stauskas was a guy who could score and hit a 3 and that is exactly what we need.

The Sixers had something like 47 players on the roster the past 2 years, I expect us to have 15 or so for the season and maybe half of those will be part of the long term plan.

Like I said, we were a top ten defense last year and we were highly competitive for 75% of most games when we just didn't have the talent or experience to finish. We have more experience and more talent. We have some offense, and we have the same coach who I think has done as good of a job as anyone could have.

Yes you guys had a good defense , but you also intend on putting a rookie who couldn't guard a chair in for extended minutes .

You were a below average rebounding team and the worst offensive team in the league .

Stauskas was a below average rookie who shot the ball terribly, he could turn it around but even becoming an average offensive player would be a significant improvement

Your offense appears to have to be coming from your rookie .. who is in fact 19 years old and will need to play a few years before he is a star if he becomes one .

Maybe I'm wrong , but 18-25 wins to me would be my guess

warfelg
07-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Yes you guys had a good defense , but you also intend on putting a rookie who couldn't guard a chair in for extended minutes .

You were a below average rebounding team and the worst offensive team in the league .

Stauskas was a below average rookie who shot the ball terribly, he could turn it around but even becoming an average offensive player would be a significant improvement

Your offense appears to have to be coming from your rookie .. who is in fact 19 years old and will need to play a few years before he is a star if he becomes one .

Maybe I'm wrong , but 18-25 wins to me would be my guess

Noel will take the tougher defensive assignment.

Okafor gives us something we didn't have. A scorer. Even averaging 17 pong would have been the second highest. Plus he's a guy you have to account for.

Plus really look at things for us. Many of our losses were from not having a finisher. Okafor can be that for us.

Yes we still need quite a bit. But we aren't as hopeless as you make it out to be.

Sactown
07-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Noel will take the tougher defensive assignment.

Okafor gives us something we didn't have. A scorer. Even averaging 17 pong would have been the second highest. Plus he's a guy you have to account for.

Plus really look at things for us. Many of our losses were from not having a finisher. Okafor can be that for us.

Yes we still need quite a bit. But we aren't as hopeless as you make it out to be.

You're game differential is -9 only new York was worse and I don't think your backing point should be, we hope a rookie can finish games for us.

Teams will still go at Okafor knowing how garbage he is at defense ... Also I dont think he'll get 17+ on an effective % with the lack of offensive help around him.

I don't think you're hopeless , just a few years away.. look at the wolves. Great rookie in Wiggins , and Lavine, surrounded with talent equal to the Sixers and they still struggled .. being young and winningis rare

PhillyFaninLA
07-03-2015, 07:57 PM
You're game differential is -9 only new York was worse and I don't think your backing point should be, we hope a rookie can finish games for us.

Teams will still go at Okafor knowing how garbage he is at defense ... Also I dont think he'll get 17+ on an effective % with the lack of offensive help around him.

I don't think you're hopeless , just a few years away.. look at the wolves. Great rookie in Wiggins , and Lavine, surrounded with talent equal to the Sixers and they still struggled .. being young and winningis rare

I'm not saying we win 50 games, I'm saying we aren't the train wreck we are made out to be and we have the beginning of a foundation. You do bring up valid points (and have in your other posts as well).

Like I said, that -9 is because we only had the talent for 75% of a game, we had a lot of games we where competitive, even came back from big deficits in but without the experience or starter level talent we were not able to finish games in the 4th.

We won 18 last year, I am thinking around 25 this year, and as I said we had 47 or so players in 2 years. I think we will see a someone stable roster this year and see who works in the long term plans.

What Brett Brown did with a horrific roster and no consistency in players he was able to have a team without offense competitive for 75% of most games, and a top 10 defense. Now he has more talent and guys like Noel and Grant with a year of experience. Noel also went from a defensive game changer with virtually no offense to enough offense to be in the conversation for rookie of the year.

If Stauskas with 1 coach for an entire year can find some of that rhythm he had in college behind the arc, he will valuable and put up points because he should have open looks. Okafer is expected to be a guy that is double covered from day one according to experts.

Truth is we don't know and I do think we are 2 or 3 years away, but I also think the true tanking part is done, and we will start to see what pieces we have and what we need.

The Sixers record was terrible, but if you watched them (and few people outside of Sixers fans would have watched them enough) to see that we just need to keep strong defense, Okafor is an athlete, athletes can play defense if they are willing to, that is to be seen. Can't wait for Monday to see him in the Summer League, and on top of that strong defense some ability to finish games then we are in good shape.

If we show that and win 25 games, I'm ok with next year. I'd like us to add Tobias Harris and go with Wroten at PG for the year. Next draft we should have 1 pick in the top 5 (either ours or yours) and 3 more picks probably 12 - 20 and heck the Lakers pick is only top 3 protected so maybe they are bad and we get lucky.

You said being young and winning is rare, we aren't going to make the playoffs next year, the goal isn't that, the goal is to see who game play together, grow together, and be part of something special in a few years.

yasharel
07-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Lol @ people acting like okafor is a total defensive liability when coach k said himself to brett brown that okafor was asked to not go all out on defense because they couldn't afford him to get into foul issues

yasharel
07-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Wouldn't matter here in philly anyway because noel is going to shutdown the teams big if there was ever a big to shutdown. The nba has so little big men with a real offensive game okafor will be just fine. Noel/embid will tackle those rare big assignments when they come up.

Scoots
07-03-2015, 08:37 PM
I find the confidence Sixers fans have in their team kind of funny. I see the talent and the potential, but for some reason in a town renowned for having hard fans all the Sixers fans here are true believers.

I said before the draft that I thought Okafor was the best player in the draft and was being undervalued. Great pick by the Sixers.

I just don't know when things are going to stop being a ploy and they are going to become a team.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Well, the 76ers are going to suck next most likely, but still....

I still hate the trade though. The pick swaps are the part that I hate most. Most likely that won't come into play, but still, what if it does? What if one of two things happen: 1) The Kings suck enough to get a chance to win the lottery and end up with a top pick. How depressing will that be for Kings fans to finally get a top pick in a year with a stud prospect, only to lose that pick to Philly. Just a stupid gamble. And 2) What if by some miracle Philly actually does turn the corner early and make the playoffs within the next 2 years. Then the Kings lose a top 10 pick without even reaping the benefits. I mean, look at the Bucks. That came out of nowhere. I've seen crazier things happen and the East is weak enough for something crazy to happen here.

The pick swap probably doesn't become a factor IMO, but if it does I will be miserable about it. I mean, its just a horrible gamble. Plus you give up a top 10 protected pick... something I can totally see coming into play. The Kings will likely be just good enough to finish right outside the top 10 in my estimation. Eventually they will probably lose that pick and that doesn't necessarily mean they will be a playoff team.

Also, they give up super early on a 1st round, #7 overall pick in Stauskis. It was a dumb pick in the first place but still.

All of this just to free up enough space to add Rondo and a group of mediocre role players. As if this will be enough to take this team over the top in a deep Western Conference. It all smells of desperation and it sickens me.

Now Philly gets all those assets and improves there odds of finding the next star in the draft. Great move for them.

PhillyFaninLA
07-04-2015, 03:15 AM
I find the confidence Sixers fans have in their team kind of funny. I see the talent and the potential, but for some reason in a town renowned for having hard fans all the Sixers fans here are true believers.

I said before the draft that I thought Okafor was the best player in the draft and was being undervalued. Great pick by the Sixers.

I just don't know when things are going to stop being a ploy and they are going to become a team.

I get that but I want to say 2 things:

- I haven't seen a Sixers fan (or at least many) saying we are going to the playoffs next year and going the be in the finals in 3 years, I think most are on the same page as me, we still aren't very good but it looks like we are doing the right the things and these bad years just might be rewarded
- As a Sixers fan I'm supposed to be optimistic and confident when i like our direction....I see Knicks fans and Laker fans being optimistic about the future and they don't here what Sixers fans do about them be confident

Saddletramp
07-04-2015, 05:05 AM
So, I've been wondering (asking here because it's basically a Sixers thread): what happened to bholly? Hasn't posted in a year. Dead?

2-ONE-5
07-04-2015, 12:29 PM

you are really blowing his D out of proportion. he was never as bad as most around here like to make it seem, just no one understands the situation at Duke called for him to stay out of foul trouble at all costs.

Sactown
07-04-2015, 12:44 PM
you are really blowing his D out of proportion. he was never as bad as most around here like to make it seem, just no one understands the situation at Duke called for him to stay out of foul trouble at all costs.

like BYU did for Jimmer , I'm not saying he will always be a bad defender, but I doubt a rookie who was a mediocre defender in college is going to be an average defender in the league .

Philly has a bright future but very very few rookies can double a teams wins in his first year like I'm hearing some claims

yaswaggin
07-04-2015, 02:30 PM
like BYU did for Jimmer , I'm not saying he will always be a bad defender, but I doubt a rookie who was a mediocre defender in college is going to be an average defender in the league .

Philly has a bright future but very very few rookies can double a teams wins in his first year like I'm hearing some claims

im not expecting to win 35 wins but

the east is weak, and we're getting potential 2 rookies (okafor and embiid), and wroten back

ish smith
stauskas/wroten
covington
noel
okafor/embiid

that team will probably win about 25 games, the kings look like they'll win about 32

which means we'll have double the chance at a top 3 pick

2-ONE-5
07-04-2015, 02:50 PM

really comparing a big t oa guard n this situation? poor, avg, whatever D is the easiest thing to improve upon with just effort and coaching

2-ONE-5
07-04-2015, 02:51 PM
im not expecting to win 35 wins but

the east is weak, and we're getting potential 2 rookies (okafor and embiid), and wroten back

ish smith
stauskas/wroten
covington
noel
okafor/embiid

that team will probably win about 25 games, the kings look like they'll win about 32

which means we'll have double the chance at a top 3 pick

just an fyi Wroten is the PG and Is isnt on the team. Im prob in the minority but i dont think Stauskus will start out of the gate over Hollis

Sactown
07-04-2015, 05:38 PM
really comparing a big t oa guard n this situation? poor, avg, whatever D is the easiest thing to improve upon with just effort and coaching
You're right, but it still takes more than a season....

Wroten
Stacks
Covington
Noel
Oak/Embiid

Is a nice promising lineup but with them being so young I see the wins in the low 20's

2-ONE-5
07-04-2015, 06:00 PM
were not far off, i said 28 wins, most think mid 20's but in the east it is possibly for this team to push 30-32 wins if everything were to go right (it wont). Offense was a huge problem last year so having a healthy Wroten, Hollis Thompson, Stauskus (im nowhere near as high on him as others), and Okafor will surely improve what was a horrid offense

Sactown
07-04-2015, 07:36 PM
were not far off, i said 28 wins, most think mid 20's but in the east it is possibly for this team to push 30-32 wins if everything were to go right (it wont). Offense was a huge problem last year so having a healthy Wroten, Hollis Thompson, Stauskus (im nowhere near as high on him as others), and Okafor will surely improve what was a horrid offense

It'll be interesting to see I mean KD Westy and Green only won 23 games their first year

2-ONE-5
07-04-2015, 10:48 PM
It'll be interesting to see I mean KD Westy and Green only won 23 games their first year

yea but in the west. like i said bringing back a top 10 defense with some more offense is going to lead to more wins. I really cant see us not topping 20 wins at the least.

Scoots
07-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Another offseason of very little talent going east.

2-ONE-5
07-05-2015, 02:28 PM
at least none of the star level players left the east

warfelg
07-05-2015, 02:31 PM
I've talked about it before:

There was a time where more teams in the west were at the bottom of the league and they had their chance to draft their superstars. They have more of them now, and the talented stars or good role players want to be with them. So now the east is getting its high picks and will have more of the rising stars right now.

Part of what killed the east too was the Miami Heat. The competition was a little more balanced and open with LeBron on the Cavs, Melo on the Knicks, Bosh on the Raptors, Wade on the Heat, Rose on the Bulls. Then three of the easts biggest superstars consolidated on one team, basically killing two other teams along the way. The other thing to haunt the east was the Pistons. They won with the "no superstar" team taking down the "all stud" Lakers, and suddenly east GMs started signing guys to long big contracts hoping to build the same thing.

Scoots
07-05-2015, 02:50 PM

There was a time where more teams in the west were at the bottom of the league and they had their chance to draft their superstars. They have more of them now, and the talented stars or good role players want to be with them. So now the east is getting its high picks and will have more of the rising stars right now.

Part of what killed the east too was the Miami Heat. The competition was a little more balanced and open with LeBron on the Cavs, Melo on the Knicks, Bosh on the Raptors, Wade on the Heat, Rose on the Bulls. Then three of the easts biggest superstars consolidated on one team, basically killing two other teams along the way. The other thing to haunt the east was the Pistons. They won with the "no superstar" team taking down the "all stud" Lakers, and suddenly east GMs started signing guys to long big contracts hoping to build the same thing.

East teams also had more questionable draft picks. What's surprising is how long this swing has gone on.

Sactown
07-06-2015, 03:12 PM
More info on the swaps, they take place before the lottery, so they can't swap if we jump into top 3

JLynn943
07-06-2015, 03:25 PM
More info on the swaps, they take place before the lottery, so they can't swap if we jump into top 3

That's good news at least. If we're both in the lottery, it'll just be a swap of odds then.

sixer04fan
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM

You got a link to that?

Sactown
07-06-2015, 08:27 PM
You got a link to that?
Unfortunately I've been driving all day for work I'll try to find it

Sactown
07-06-2015, 08:31 PM
According to @MikePradaSBN, the SAC/PHI pick swap is of lottery slots, not actual lottery picks. That could be HUGE. Let me explain:

A tweet by a writer of sactown royalty which is SB blog explaining what I first wrote

sixer04fan
07-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Any chance you can link it yet? Or at least that tweet? I'm really curious. I searched for it and can't find anything in writing from Sactown Royalty or Mike Prada to support this yet .

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-07-2015, 10:49 AM

I will judge this trade then based on the info that comes out on this. The draft swaps is the part that I hated the most, but it is a bit unclear what the draft swaps actually are at this moment.

I don't care about losing the protected pick and I'm not really losing any sleep over the loss of Stauskis either. All of that may have been worth it to free up space and add to the roster (even after missing out on our top targets). So, I won't fully judge this trade until after the details fully come out on the pick swaps.

Vlade Divac took a risk with this trade, but depending on the detials of the pick swaps, it was either a smart risk or a dumb risk IMO.

jibnmin
07-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Wow good job Philly. Stauskus had a bad year, but potentially a solid role player in time. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

urban85disciple
07-07-2015, 12:19 PM
According to @MikePradaSBN, the SAC/PHI pick swap is of lottery slots, not actual lottery picks. That could be HUGE. Let me explain:
Mike Prada ‏@MikePradaSBN 23h23 hours ago
@omerakhan that's at least my understanding, but I haven't confirmed with anyone

So basically there is zero proof to this; it's Mike Prada's "understanding" of the trade which isn't based on any new information not available to everyone else.

Reading his tweets, I get the feeling he's a Kings fan. So it makes sense; he's being hopeful.

Sactown
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
So basically there is zero proof to this; it's Mike Prada's "understanding" of the trade which isn't based on any new information not available to everyone else.

Reading his tweets, I get the feeling he's a Kings fan. So it makes sense; he's being hopeful.
Yeah I'm not sure man , but there's definitely a difference between being hopeful and making things up, which maybe he did I'm not 100% , but you being a Sixers fan I can see why you'd be skeptical .

sixer04fan
07-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Ok I see those tweets now. Will have to wait for verification, but it's clearly a possibility at least

urban85disciple
07-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Yeah I'm not sure man , but there's definitely a difference between being hopeful and making things up, which maybe he did I'm not 100% , but you being a Sixers fan I can see why you'd be skeptical .

I don't think he's making it up though. He's either being optimistic, misunderstanding the trade, or has information no one else has.

I'm skeptical not because I'm a Sixers fan but because there's been absolutely nothing reported to even remotely verify his claim. It doesn't make sense from a historical or strategical POV.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-07-2015, 12:51 PM

In reality, the West has been the far superior conference ever since Jordan retired. But even during Jordan's reign of greatness, the West was the better, deeper conference. So this has been going on for a very long time. You would think the tides would have turned by now, but things actually got worse over time amazingly enough.

Wow good job Philly. Stauskus had a bad year, but potentially a solid role player in time. http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

I think it will take him some time to develop into that type of player. Honestly, I think he eventually becomes the type of player the Kings signed this offseason... Marco Belinelli. But I think that will take quite a few years of development. I really don't think losing him is a big deal to be honest. He was selected 7th overall in a very thin draft and it was honestly a reach as well.

FriedTofuz
07-07-2015, 04:20 PM
So Im assuming the celtics will still be a playoff team this year.