PDA

View Full Version : Draymond Green breaks off talks

mrblisterdundee
07-01-2015, 10:07 PM
CBS Sports reported that contract talks between Draymond Green and the Warriors broke off (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25230533/report-draymond-green-breaks-off-talks-with-warriors).

The Warriors were reportedly "surprised" by DeMarre Carroll, Khris Middleton and Paul Millsap receiving offers of $60 million, $70 million and $80 million, respectively. Perhaps they expected to re-sign Green at a discount, but he's clearly a maximum or near-max player in this market. Green came close to winning Defensive Player of the Year and Most Improved Player this past season.

Now he'll start meeting with other teams. Start your pitches.

goingfor28
07-01-2015, 10:09 PM
Have to think Warriors will match whatever he is offered. Unless someone decides to give him a max, then maybe not.

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 10:16 PM
They desperately need to move David Lee, asap.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 10:17 PM
I pitch the max and an under-the-table team-stake when he retires. ;) What you gotta do to get people to Orlando.

He's been my (pipe) dream all summer. Didn't ever think he'd leave...still don't. But Hennigan better at least be trying.

mrblisterdundee
07-01-2015, 10:19 PM
I think Green would be great anchoring Portland's defense. Max him if Aldridge leaves.

TrueFan420
07-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I think Green would be great anchoring Portland's defense. Max him; convince Aldridge to come back; and you have a pretty stacked team.
Warriors will match a max. They were just foolishly hoping they'd get a discount. More so than anything now clock has started to move Lee.

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Warriors will match a max. They were just foolishly hoping they'd get a discount. More so than anything now clock has started to move Lee.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Some team is going to pick up a draft pick or two to take David Lee off their hands for just one year.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2015, 10:25 PM

Yep. They want to see Green go out and get a max from another team, and if he does they will match it. If he can't he will be forced to sign with the Warriors for less.