PDA

View Full Version : Love re-signing with Cavs

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Per NBA app.

Anyone know what the terms are?

*Superman*
07-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Love broke the news via a first person essay in The Players Tribune. ESPN's Brian Windhorst reports Love will sign a five-year, $110 million deal..

shep33
07-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Haha, damn, I kind of don't get this. They just signed Thompson to a 80-90 mill deal too

2-ONE-5
07-01-2015, 02:40 PM
wow so theyre gonna be in the tax big time right? also does this mean they just paid TT 80 mil to come off the bench?

HoopsDrive
07-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Good for the Cavs

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 02:41 PM
wow so theyre gonna be in the tax big time right? also does this mean they just paid TT 80 mil to come off the bench?

Love may play C with that kind of investment in Thompson?

WITZ
07-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Getting paid less than Bosh great deal.

shep33
07-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Very good deal.

Vee-Rex
07-01-2015, 02:44 PM
This can't be true.

RLundi and nickdymez here on PSD told me that it was GUARANTEED that Love would leave the Cavs.

Lol, noobs.

I'm glad to hear this. We got the core intact, so we should be contenders for the next several years.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-01-2015, 02:45 PM
The Thompson deal is horrendous. But this love one is great. When the cap goes up, he will be a bargain

KB24PG16
07-01-2015, 02:49 PM
probably has an opt out in it so love can capitalize on tv money. he wont see the backend of this deal

LakersIn5
07-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Wanted love to go to LA! **** you kevin love! But youre still my favorite current power forward but still **** you! **** this lakers are gonna strikeout again. Hopefully im wrong! But yeah cavs gonna win the ship next year. Was rooting for them to win this year cuz of klove but he got injured would have won a ring had olynyk not ****ed up. then lakers win the next 5 ships after. Fu love.

Yanks All Day
07-01-2015, 02:51 PM
So Kevin Love went back to the team that could pay him the most, give him the best chance to win, and play with LeBron for the next 5 years? How shocking. I can't believe he didn't go to a worse team, make less money, not make the NBA Finals every year, and score 6 more points per game. He's so selfish!

Big Zo
07-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Good. He's a poor defender, and I thought they would have been way better off without him. :)

Htownballa1622
07-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Good day to be a Lakers fan....

Oh wait.

:laugh2:

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Oh wait.

Good life to be a Laker fan

xbrackattackx
07-01-2015, 03:01 PM
This can't be true.

RLundi and nickdymez here on PSD told me that it was GUARANTEED that Love would leave the Cavs.

Lol, noobs.

I'm glad to hear this. We got the core intact, so we should be contenders for the next several years.

😂😂😂

Teeboy1487
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Very smart by Love. Would have been foolish to walk away from a contending team and the most money.

Confusious
07-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, where are all the really intelligent people that thought Love was going to bolt?

Please, do show yourselves. Don't be afraid.

Big Zo
07-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, where are all the really intelligent people that thought Love was going to bolt?

Please, do show yourselves. Don't be afraid.
If I was a Cavs fan, I'd want him gone.

Confusious
07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
If I was a Cavs fan, I'd want him gone.
Well you're not. I don't care what you think. He's important to Cleveland. And the reason they didn't win the championship is because of his injury.

And Irving's. But I'm sure we both knew that.

Teeboy1487
07-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Sword Art Online Sig. Nice.

ILLUSIONIST^248
Very good deal.

I don't think love is worth 22 mil a year tbh

ILLUSIONIST^248

Oh wait.

Still sour about the Warriors putting you down?

mgjohnson7851
07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Damn he was the only big name connected to the Lakers. No one wants to go to L.A. I guess.

MinnesotaFtw
07-01-2015, 03:32 PM

How is he not? He is an ELITE 3 point shooter. Can rebound, and has decent handles. He's a top 5 PF.

True Sports Fan
07-01-2015, 03:34 PM

Oh wait.

Good day in theory because anytime a big market has cap room their automatically signing a star

Scoots
07-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Well you're not. I don't care what you think. He's important to Cleveland. And the reason they didn't win the championship is because of his injury.

And Irving's. But I'm sure we both knew that.

I think the signing was a mistake by the Cavs, and I believe (like the ESPN analysts believe) that Love and Irving healthy would not have made a difference ultimately in the winner of the finals ... the games would have been different, but the winner wouldn't have changed. :)

Scoots
07-01-2015, 03:45 PM
How is he not? He is an ELITE 3 point shooter. Can rebound, and has decent handles. He's a top 5 PF.

Love is NOT an elite 3 point shooter. .367 is not ELITE. It's good for a PF though.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=ILLUSIONIST^248;30117608]I don't think love is worth 22 mil a year tbh

How is he not? He is an ELITE 3 point shooter. Can rebound, and has decent handles. He's a top 5 PF.[/QUOTE
His numbers were pretty trash last year. And now he's getting injured a lot. They just maxed out two pf, I just don't see that being a good thing moving forward.

Scoots
07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
His numbers were pretty trash last year. And now he's getting injured a lot. They just maxed out two pf, I just don't see that being a good thing moving forward.

This.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2015, 04:04 PM

have you seen the deals being given right now?

I am blown away at the money being given out. There are some very aggressive GM's throwing out money without knowing exactly how the rules of the new cap system are going to work.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 04:07 PM

have you seen the deals being given right now?

I am blown away at the money being given out. There are some very aggressive GM's throwing out money without knowing exactly how the rules of the new cap system are going to work.

Yeah, I'm disgusted lol. I guess love is worth 22 according to the comps of contracts today, but having 200 mil in two pf is going to suck for the cavs in a few years.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
[/QUOTE
His numbers were pretty trash last year. And now he's getting injured a lot. They just maxed out two pf, I just don't see that being a good thing moving forward.[/QUOTE]

he had his shoulder torn out. Outside that he has only had one year with injuries (outside the annual sit Love for 10 games to tank).

I do agree with part 2. They now have $190 million at one position. TT is the terrible deal.

This money puts Blatt in a position to figure out how to use Love correctly. You don't pay a decoy who goes for 17/10 with below average defense $22 million a year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-01-2015, 04:08 PM

Oh wait.

we didnt want him

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
[/QUOTE

he had his shoulder torn out. Outside that he has only had one year with injuries (outside the annual sit Love for 10 games to tank).

I do agree with part 2. They now have $190 million at one position. TT is the terrible deal.

This money puts Blatt in a position to figure out how to use Love correctly. You don't pay a decoy who goes for 17/10 with below average defense $22 million a year.[/QUOTE]

Blatt is a good coach and will probably figure it out, but just imagine how bad that contract is going to look if love gets a significant injury this upcoming year,

Hawkeye15
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm disgusted lol. I guess love is worth 22 according to the comps of contracts today, but having 200 mil in two pf is going to suck for the cavs in a few years.

I wouldn't be giving out tier 3 and below players deals right now. If it comes back where you can designate a player to make 40% of your cap, you STILL can't build around them if you are throwing $16 million a season at Tristan Thompson.

bucketss
07-01-2015, 04:13 PM
i think milsap is getting 16 a year, so this doesn't look bad for love.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2015, 04:14 PM
who cares how much they spent. they can worry about the money and ramifications later

Cavs are better right now with Love-Tristian-Lebron-Kyrie.

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't be giving out tier 3 and below players deals right now. If it comes back where you can designate a player to make 40% of your cap, you STILL can't build around them if you are throwing $16 million a season at Tristan Thompson.

yep... I have been making this point for months... Lebron's new "interest" in the Players Association will be self serving in the next CBA negotiations

Hawkeye15
07-01-2015, 04:22 PM
yep... I have been making this point for months... Lebron's new "interest" in the Players Association will be self serving in the next CBA negotiations

the blow up in the cap is so misunderstood. Essentially, the superstars salaries are going to skyrocket, everyone else a nice little bump. So giving those "everyone else" players huge deals now is going to come back and bite these teams, I am sure of it.

Now for Love, this deal is far. But some of the deals we are seeing already are just making me dizzy. It is the job of the cap manager of the front office team to make sure any GM knows the potential impact of making these decisions now.

Lo Porto
07-01-2015, 04:25 PM
i think milsap is getting 16 a year, so this doesn't look bad for love.

Millsap will get $20 and he's worth every penny. He plays the game like LBJ needs. Cleveland should have gotten Millsap instead of Love but couldn't financially. Millsap, Thompson and Mozgov makes sense.

RLundi
07-01-2015, 04:28 PM
This can't be true.

Lol, noobs.

Lol. I never said that. In fact, from day 1 I recognized it was probably a foregone conclusion that he'd resign. My, you hold on to things. Very salty and pathetic. Pull up that thread, why don't you. You'll see my argument wasn't that he wouldn't resign, but that it wasn't the homerific GUARANTEE that you made it out to be. Because, you know, you're a homer.

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 04:29 PM
the blow up in the cap is so misunderstood. Essentially, the superstars salaries are going to skyrocket, everyone else a nice little bump. So giving those "everyone else" players huge deals now is going to come back and bite these teams, I am sure of it.

Now for Love, this deal is far. But some of the deals we are seeing already are just making me dizzy. It is the job of the cap manager of the front office team to make sure any GM knows the potential impact of making these decisions now.

Love's deal is definitely fair and i totally agree on what is gonna happen after the lock out...

The NBA is a joke though... the concentration of talent will only get worse due to all the exceptions to the cap...

At least we can be assured that Gilbert won't make any money for the foreseeable future... the repeater tax will be BRUTAL

Hawkeye15
07-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Love's deal is definitely fair and i totally agree on what is gonna happen after the lock out...

The NBA is a joke though... the concentration of talent will only get worse due to all the exceptions to the cap...

At least we can be assured that Gilbert won't make any money for the foreseeable future... the repeater tax will be BRUTAL

pawning the trophy to make a car payment

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
depending how Loves contract is structured.

Cavs can always trade him in the future, rather then lose him for nothing.

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
pawning the trophy to make a car payment

lol

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-01-2015, 04:43 PM
So where is all this Lakers "allure" everyone's been talking about? Love and Butler didn't even bother to at least visit and be wined and dined in glorious LA. [emoji1]

greg_ory_2005
07-01-2015, 04:43 PM
They are paying a ton for their bigs. Blatt and Lebron need to figure out someway to fit him into the team better this upcoming season

bucketss
07-01-2015, 04:46 PM
So where is all this Lakers "allure" everyone's been talking about? Love and Butler didn't even bother to at least visit and be wined and dined in glorious LA. [emoji1]

apparently aldridge walked out the lakers interview unimpressed.

countrycasanova
07-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Am I the only one that feels it is wasteful for the Cavs to pay Thompson $80 Mil and Love whatever he's going to get? That's what happens when you make a player the GM SMH. Somebody in that organization should have stood up to Lebron and told him he has tpick one or the other..damn Lebron spoiled LoL.

PurpleJesus
07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Wow, I thought if he signed,, it would just be for the year, and then he would capitalize on the TV money.

The TT signing doesnt mean TT is coming off the bench. Love can play C in the east, and him and TT fit nice together.