PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Splitter traded to Hawks

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM
@WojYahooNBA: The San Antonio Spurs have traded center Tiago Splitter to the Atlanta Hawks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

goingfor28
07-01-2015, 11:48 AM
With Antic leaving that's a good get

Jarvo
07-01-2015, 11:49 AM
KD you're too fast man lol I really really really hope we get LMA!!

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 11:49 AM
I guess LMA will be a Spur.

RLundi
07-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Millsap replacement? This could have huge ramifications for several teams.

1.) It could mean they are clearing space to make a run at LMA even though they just resigned Danny Green.

2.) It could mean Atlanta has conceded defeat and Millsap is on his way to Orlando.

3.) It could mean that Atlanta has enough money to offer Carroll a contract.

I hope they haven't taken back a lot of salary in this deal! Me want Millsap!

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 11:52 AM
This is a good pickup for Atl, with Milsap gone. Splitter will fit in seamlessly with Bud's system (for obvious reasons) and could allow Al to play more at the 4.

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Busy day man. You know we're not usually used to being highly watched like this during FA lol. Just 1 more piece of business!

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:54 AM

KD is a pros pro. At least Horford gets to player PF. He will like that. Downgrade from Millsap but Splitter is a starter.

Jarvo
07-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Busy day man. You know we're not usually used to being highly watched like this during FA lol. Just 1 more piece of business!

:dance:

Stunner
Noah for Carroll

Taj and Snell for Carroll lets do this ATL

kdspurman
KD is a pros pro. At least Horford gets to player PF. He will like that. Downgrade from Millsap but Splitter is a starter.

:)

Splitter is a different kind of player for sure. Helps em a lot defensively. But they'll lose that offensive punch from Milsap. Horford will be thrilled though. Tiago will fit in nicely with them

Jarvo
07-01-2015, 12:02 PM

That can be a damn good duo with Al playing back at the 4 and Tiago already knows the system, Just hope they can get Carroll back in there.

Jarvo
07-01-2015, 12:06 PM
https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/status/616275904252096512

Uh oh Laker fans, Mannnn I really want LMA been saying this for yearssss and if we comeback after last year and stronger watch out!

Htownballa1622

Where's that guy saying Splitter was trash and nobody would touch that contract?

:laugh2:

Nice moves. Hoping for yall that lma doesn't bosh yall. It hurts lol.

DanG
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Lakers didn't make strong impression in Aldridge meeting, sources say. Spurs can close on him. LMA expected to make decision fairly soon.

damn.

valade16
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Lakers didn't make strong impression in Aldridge meeting, sources say. Spurs can close on him. LMA expected to make decision fairly soon.

damn.

I literally just got done reading an article on Yahoo Sports saying the Lakers felt good about their meeting with LMA and that they made a strong impression.

Hilarious.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I literally just got done reading an article on Yahoo Sports saying the Lakers felt good about their meeting with LMA and that they made a strong impression.

Hilarious.

I trust Woj. Lakers are in trouble.

Jarvo
07-01-2015, 12:13 PM

Hilarious.

Yessssssss!

Longhornfan1234
07-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Are the Spurs going to get rid of Mills or Diaw? Very tough choice.

nysportsfan23
07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Who did the Hawks trade to San Antonio?

valade16
07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
I trust Woj. Lakers are in trouble.

As do I

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Who did the Hawks trade to San Antonio?

Probably a future 2nd round pick or the rights to some guy they drafted like 10 years ago that will never come to the nba. Spurs didn't want anything back, just needed to clear cap space.

Jarvo
07-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Are the Spurs going to get rid of Mills or Diaw? Very tough choice.

Joseph I hope we need to keep Diaw and Patty!

True Sports Fan
07-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Spurs never die

mjt20mik
07-01-2015, 12:51 PM
RC gonna win exec of the year next year

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Where's that guy saying Splitter was trash and nobody would touch that contract?

:laugh2:

Nice moves. Hoping for yall that lma doesn't bosh yall. It hurts lol.

:pity: I knew teams would be interested.

And yea. We'll know soon I guess

LA_Raiders
07-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Lol we will see about LA

DR_1
07-01-2015, 01:27 PM
I really like it for both sides. Spurs for obvious reasons, and Hawks because it gives them a capable big who can help out Horford (and if they bring him back) Milisap. I think this is a much better investment, dollar-wise, than resigning Carroll would have been for them.

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Both the Knicks and Lakers need to realize that the days of going to both teams as primary destinations are over until they get rid of their ball hogging shot chuckers. If Kobe hadn't won with great bigs and have zero rings, he would be in a similar boat to Melo with the having trouble recruiting. Aldridge going to San Antonio makes sense on a lot of levels. With he and Leonard, Pops retiring, Budenholzer potentially replacing Pops, the Spurs can keep it going.

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Both the Knicks and Lakers need to realize that the days of going to both teams as primary destinations are over until they get rid of their ball hogging shot chuckers. If Kobe hadn't won with great bigs and have zero rings, he would be in a similar boat to Melo with the having trouble recruiting. Aldridge going to San Antonio makes sense on a lot of levels. With he and Leonard, Pops retiring, Budenholzer potentially replacing Pops, the Spurs can keep it going.

Bud's gone, though that was my initial hope for whenever Pop walked away.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Shocked Cavs didn't take on Splitter. I mentioned that a few days ago. AV very injury prone.

lakerboy
07-01-2015, 01:48 PM

Please don't mention LA and NY in the same level. We WERE a primary destination. They never were

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Hawks have to salary dump trade Muscala or Daye to complete the Splitter trade.

Bron > Kobe
07-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Well looks like LMA is definitely going to the Spurs! Im excited about this, they might come out of the west for sure next season.

Teeboy1487
07-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Both the Knicks and Lakers need to realize that the days of going to both teams as primary destinations are over until they get rid of their ball hogging shot chuckers. If Kobe hadn't won with great bigs and have zero rings, he would be in a similar boat to Melo with the having trouble recruiting. Aldridge going to San Antonio makes sense on a lot of levels. With he and Leonard, Pops retiring, Budenholzer potentially replacing Pops, the Spurs can keep it going. I disagree. Both markets are still attractive destinations. The problem is, the teams have terrible rosters and aren't any good.

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Please don't mention LA and NY in the same level. We WERE a primary destination. They never were

NY was a major market until Isiah came along. Why wouldn't people want to play with Ewing, Houston, or Sprewell based on skill set alone?

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 02:19 PM
I disagree. Both markets are still attractive destinations. The problem is, the teams have terrible rosters and aren't any good.

The atmosphere is there, but the roster, front office, and coaching staff are huge. Jim Buss is not a basketball guy. Neither is Dolan. I wouldn't go to LA because of Kobe. Same with NY because of Melo. I wouldn't sign with Brooklyn because of Iso Joe, Williams, and Lopez. Kobe is a huge problem now with his health. Keep in mind too, Cali charges more in tax than Texas too.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 02:23 PM
NY was a major market until Isiah came along. Why wouldn't people want to play with Ewing, Houston, or Sprewell based on skill set alone?

I remember the bad free agents signings of Childs and Ward. Before that seemed like the Knicks stayed the same for a long time. Roster was Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks and cant remember who else was the starter. But seemed like they went with that roster for a long time till Starks was traded and Oakley traded to Raptors or part of expansion draft? But even back then they didn't really land many free agents. I know Houston was way over paid. Cant remember if Sprewell was sign there as well or traded? Seems like a 100 years ago.

Kyben36
07-01-2015, 02:24 PM
any news on what for

Blitzace137
07-01-2015, 02:45 PM

His name is Lakerboy he's probably too young to remember the Ewing/Pat Riley era.