PDA

View Full Version : Brook and Thad stay in BK

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sources: The Nets have agreements now: Thad Young (4 years, $50M) and Brook Lopez (3 years, $60M). Both deals w/ player option.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM
One less big man for the Bucks. If Monroe goes to the long rumored Knicks. Kanter RFA Thunder probably match and if Jordan and Chandler double sign and trade. Bucks would miss out on all 5 guys.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Bad combinations of signings. Maybe you could talk me into Brook if you were going to get an elite defender at PF but Thad is just an overpay. His stats are hollow and I don't like what he brings on either end of the floor. The Nets were a losing team last season. Solution? Re-sign the same players at big contracts.

matnautico
07-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Bad combinations of signings. Maybe you could talk me into Brook if you were going to get an elite defender at PF but Thad is just an overpay. His stats are hollow and I don't like what he brings on either end of the floor. The Nets were a losing team last season. Solution? Re-sign the same players at big contracts.

They were a losing team especially because of Deron and Joe not playing up to their contracts, letting Lopez and Thad go would make us lose even more, and you have to keep in mind we do not have our draft picks, so we're forced to try to win as many games as possible.

MonroeFAN
07-01-2015, 12:50 PM
This team just flat out sucks. From the top to the bottom, it's easily the worst franchise in the NBA right now.

Give up on this roster and rebuild.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2015, 01:17 PM
20m for Lopez? Wow

ManRam
07-01-2015, 01:18 PM
I just don't get what the Nets are trying to accomplish. I mean, losing Brook and Thad for nothing would be rough...and they don't have many draft picks...so maybe treading water and trying to snatch up 4 or 5 seeds is nice, but bleh.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2015, 01:19 PM
The Nets are just swimming in the deep end

matnautico
07-01-2015, 05:50 PM
I just don't get what the Nets are trying to accomplish. I mean, losing Brook and Thad for nothing would be rough...and they don't have many draft picks...so maybe treading water and trying to snatch up 4 or 5 seeds is nice, but bleh.

What's the alternative? Giving lottery picks to the Celtics? No thanks...

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 07:32 PM

I liked Thad before they had him shooting a bunch of 3's. Now he's got a lot of bad habits. Brook can be one of the best offensive big men in the game, but he and Young will get in each other's way if they are playing optimally.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-01-2015, 07:36 PM
hopefully they just flat out suck this season.