PDA

View Full Version : Millsap offered 80 mill by Orl

Stunner
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
@Chris_Broussard: Sources: @Paulmillsap4 met w/Orlando last night, was offered Mac 4 yr, $80 million deal. Millsap will decide Btwn ATL & Orl.

Thumper 88
07-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Jesus

goingfor28
07-01-2015, 09:51 AM
He should take it

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Bye bye Harris?

yungincome
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM
wow

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Bye bye Harris?

I'd match him as well. Then worry later. Besides cap going up after this season.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM
I'd match him as well. Then worry later. Besides cap going up after this season.

Naw don't , you cluttering a position up . Best to try and get a S&T

North Yorker
07-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Payton/?
Oladipo/Fournier
Harris/Hezonja
Millsap/Gordon
Vucevic/Frye

Really like that roster. Good mix of players and potential.

pebloemer
07-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Payton/?
Oladipo/Fournier
Harris/Hezonja
Millsap/Gordon
Vucevic/Frye

Yah, they could take a big step with Millsap

Stunner
07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
@BobbyMarks42: If reports are true than ATL is going to have to get creative with the cap. Early Bird rights with Paul and Carroll might haunt them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 10:14 AM
@BobbyMarks42: If reports are true than ATL is going to have to get creative with the cap. Early Bird rights with Paul and Carroll might haunt them.

Early bird rights means you cant go over the cap to sign your own.

RLundi
07-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Payton/?
Oladipo/Fournier
Harris/Hezonja
Millsap/Gordon
Vucevic/Frye

I don't think we match Harris if we sign Millsap at that amount. We technically could, especially with the cap going up to absurd amounts the next two years, but idk, I don't see it.

But you're right, that lineup looks pretty damn good. It has a good mix of spacing, defense and quickness. That COULD be a playoff team in the east if Millsap is as good as advertised and not just a product of Bud's system.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Magic should match Harris. Could be a trade piece later for teams that miss out this summer. Why let him walk for nothing?

North Yorker
07-01-2015, 10:21 AM
I don't think we match Harris if we sign Millsap at that amount. We technically could, especially with the cap going up to absurd amounts the next two years, but idk, I don't see it.

But you're right, that lineup looks pretty damn good. It has a good mix of spacing, defense and quickness. That COULD be a playoff team in the east if Millsap is as good as advertised and not just a product of Bud's system.

Yea, I guess it depends on the offer to Harris and how nba ready they feel Hezonja is. I'd personally match on Harris, even if they were to pay Lux tax for a year. Can always trade him down the line once Hezonja proves himself.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-01-2015, 10:26 AM
I agree

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 10:27 AM

They could, but there were rumors that he doesn't want to return and play for Scott Skiles again, who coached him with the Bucks.

RLundi
07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Yea, I guess it depends on the offer to Harris and how nba ready they feel Hezonja is. I'd personally match on Harris, even if they were to pay Lux tax for a year. Can always trade him down the line once Hezonja proves himself.

Magic should match Harris. Could be a trade piece later for teams that miss out this summer. Why let him walk for nothing?

Because re-signing him completely handcuffs our money. We need a backup PG badly (last year, it was our weakest position), and possibly a backup center. If we match Tobias at probably $15M, we won't be able to fill in the rest of the roster except with minimum players. Tobias at that point would be a luxury, not a need. Plus, there's been discussions with Atlanta about a sign-and-trade. So we wouldn't be letting him walk for nothing. Essentially, we'd be trading him for Millsap.

MagicBucsSox
07-01-2015, 10:31 AM
LUXtax? We're wayyyyyyy under the cap and its increasing

RLundi
07-01-2015, 10:31 AM
They could, but there were rumors that he doesn't want to return and play for Scott Skiles again, who coached him with the Bucks.

That's 100% false. Tobias said himself he keeps in regular contact with Skiles through text messages. Skiles also reached out to Tobias when he was hired and made sure he knew that his benching had nothing to do with Tobias' skill, but his inexperience of defense.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 10:33 AM
That's 100% false. Tobias said himself he keeps in regular contact with Skiles through text messages. Skiles also reached out to Tobias when he was hired and made sure he knew that his benching had nothing to do with Tobias' skill, but his inexperience of defense.

Didn't know that. Thanks. Gotta hate all these rumors people put out there.

North Yorker
07-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Because re-signing him completely handcuffs our money. We need a backup PG badly (last year, it was our weakest position), and possibly a backup center. If we match Tobias at probably $15M, we won't be able to fill in the rest of the roster except with minimum players. Tobias at that point would be a luxury, not a need. Plus, there's been discussions with Atlanta about a sign-and-trade. So we wouldn't be letting him walk for nothing. Essentially, we'd be trading him for Millsap.

But you could get both, and Harris is more valuable than a back-up PG or C.
Back-up PGs aren't that hard to find, could probably trade Harkless+ a future pick for one.

LUXtax? We're wayyyyyyy under the cap and its increasing
Well I'm not sure but I just said that if you end up paying Harris+ Millsap a combined $35M per year and end up in the lux tax for a year it wouldn't be the worst thing.

elledaddy
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM

Or that could just be the PC for them to say. If they kept in contact regularly, why would it take 3 yrs and Skiles being hired by the team with Harris on it for him to " make sure Harris knew why he benched him" 3 yrs ago? Seems like something that would have came up thru all the " regular contact " they were having.

Just playing Devil's Advocate

Stunner
07-01-2015, 10:58 AM
@ChrisMannixSI: Orlando's aggressive pursuit of Paul Millsap has several execs in on Tobias Harris more optimistic of Magic not matching a big offer.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM
@ChrisMannixSI: Wave of high priced free agent signings, however, sets the financial bar pretty high for Harris. At least $12 to $14 million per year.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather sign Millsap to a max than Harris to a max...or even Harris to a slightly-less-than-max.

I'm more down on Harris than most, so if this happens I'm 100% fine with letting him walk. I'll just optimistically view it as "sure, we didn't trade him for anything...but we used the cap space that was created by not signing him to get a better player". Works for me.

I like...

Payton
Oladipo/Fournier/Harvey
Hezonja/Gordon/Harkless
Millsap/Frye/Nicholson
Vucevic/Dedmon

...a good deal. Still some issues with rim-protection and back-up PG play...but it's solid. PF was obviously the place where an easy improvement could most easily be made.

5ass
07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
And rebuild complete. Now let's make the play offs.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:10 AM
I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather sign Millsap to a max than Harris to a max...or even Harris to a slightly-less-than-max.

I'm more down on Harris than most, so if this happens I'm 100% fine with letting him walk. I'll just optimistically view it as "sure, we didn't trade him for anything...but we used the cap space that was created by not signing him to get a better player". Works for me.

I like...

Payton
Oladipo/Fournier/Harvey
Hezonja/Gordon/Harkless
Millsap/Frye/Nicholson
Vucevic/Dedmon

...a good deal. Still some issues with rim-protection and back-up PG play...but it's solid. PF was obviously the place where an easy improvement could most easily be made.

Loved the Hezonja pick. His shooting and perimeter skills are exactly what the magic needed. I like this lineup significantly better than putting Harris at SF. One of my closest friends is a Magic fan and we talk all the time. Harris can walk. Throw some money at Robin Lopez or Omer Asik and overnight the Magic become a possible contender in the East.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Loved the Hezonja pick. His shooting and perimeter skills are exactly what the magic needed. I like this lineup significantly better than putting Harris at SF. One of my closest friends is a Magic fan and we talk all the time. Harris can walk. Throw some money at Robin Lopez or Omer Asik and overnight the Magic become a possible contender in the East.

Asik don't wanna be a back up.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Asik don't wanna be a back up.

cool.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 11:23 AM

I think it's probably still a year away from really coming together, but the parts fit quite a bit better. I agree that signing Millsap in favor of Harris is a no-brainer. Harris is a nice PPG getter, but doesn't do a whole lot more for you. He's worth a good chunk of money, but not near-max money.

I like Dedmon a lot, so I don't love the idea of spending too much to get Omer. I think he'd cost more than what he's worth as an upgrade over Dedmon. RoLo I like a tad bit more because he at least brings SOME offense to the table.

Back up PG is still the obvious need. Someone who can shoot/score.

Hezonja was a great pick though. His scoring/shooting just makes the rest fit together so much better.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:27 AM
I think it's probably still a year away from really coming together, but the parts fit quite a bit better. I agree that signing Millsap in favor of Harris is a no-brainer. Harris is a nice PPG getter, but doesn't do a whole lot more for you. He's worth a good chunk of money, but not near-max money.

I like Dedmon a lot, so I don't love the idea of spending too much to get Omer. I think he'd cost more than what he's worth as an upgrade over Dedmon. RoLo I like a tad bit more because he at least brings SOME offense to the table.

Back up PG is still the obvious need. Someone who can shoot/score.

Hezonja was a great pick though. His scoring/shooting just makes the rest fit together so much better.

Can't Dipo run the show? Let Fournier and Gordon get all the backup wing minutes.

5ass
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Can't Dipo run the show? Let Fournier and Gordon get all the backup wing minutes.

Personally, I think he should play PG so that the rest can get their minutes. Fournier and Dipo can handle the ball and be playmakers for short stretches. Fournier especially is a great decision maker who excels with the ball in his hands. Ben Gordon is no longer on the magic.

Payton(33)/dipo(15)
Dipo(18)/Fournier(30)
Mario(25)/gordon(23)
Millsap(30)/Gordon(5)/Frye(13)
Vucevic(33)/Dedmon(15)

RLundi
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM

He probably could, but for the offense to run smoothly, Oladipo is best off the ball. His handle is still a little shaky, his court vision isn't the best and he can tend to over dribble and hold the ball a little too much. Payton is a floor general in every sense of the term, even at this young age. His offense leaves a lot to be desired, but you take the good with the bad, and the bad is a whole lot less worse with Hezonja and Millsap spreading the floor so well.

Fournier is good and Aaron Gordon (I assume you meant him and not Ben) is still improving. I feel very comfortable and confident handing the second unit to those two. I'd like to see what AG can do as a starting 4 in this league if Millsap decides to re-up with Atlanta. But this team can be pretty deep. We just need a backup PG and perhaps a center. And if the pieces fit -- and Millsap would be huge in making that happen -- I think this team could improve dramatically next season. Competing for the 8th spot may not be too lofty a goal in the east.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 12:17 PM
@stevekylerNBA: Paul Millsap to Orlando concept has been out there, a situation to watch is Tobias Harris to Hawks as part of a sign and trade

valade16
07-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Teague
Korver
Harris
Horford
Splitter

Not a bad recovery for losing Carroll and Millsap if true.

*Silver&Black*
07-01-2015, 12:27 PM
@stevekylernba: Paul millsap to orlando concept has been out there, a situation to watch is tobias harris to hawks as part of a sign and trade

please!

Rivera
07-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Disagree with this to an extent. I agree with your idea about the trade but Harris can play SF as well as small ball PF. Harris isn't cluttering up anything. Never bad thing to keep accumulating talent. The.contract is a bit much but it is free agency after all everyone is getting paid right now.

I would still match any offer for Harris wether we sign trill sap or not

Stunner
07-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Harris at the SF isn't ideal , he's better as a stretch 4. Prefect for Det next to Drummond

We_need_players
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Harris at the SF isn't ideal , he's better as a stretch 4. Prefect for Boston next to Drummond

You mean Detroit?

5ass
07-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Meh SF/PF Tobias is a below average defender and rebounder either way. Ideally, yes you start him at PF next to Drummond. I actually like him a lot more in Detroit. Harris wants to be a 1st option kind of player though he's clearly not. He doesn't play well off the ball.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 12:58 PM
You mean Detroit?

Yea my bad

AllBall
07-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Payton(33)/dipo(15)
Dipo(18)/Fournier(30)
Mario(25)/gordon(23)
Millsap(30)/Gordon(5)/Frye(13)
Vucevic(33)/Dedmon(15)

Would look forward to playing ya'll if it ends up like this.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 04:01 PM
@LakersNation: RUMOR: Magic will not match any max contract offers for Tobias Harris.
http://t.co/m7c3H4lqPU http://t.co/tCxHXq4vfj

bucketss
07-01-2015, 04:06 PM
everyone getting overpaid, and later on they will have a lockout crying about about these contacts.

5ass
07-01-2015, 04:13 PM
everyone getting overpaid, and later on they will have a lockout crying about about these contacts.

20 mill is not an overpay. Salary cap is rising. That's like equivalent to a 15 mill contract next year , 13 mill contract yr after if the cap remained constant.

Teeboy1487
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
20 mill is not an overpay. Salary cap is rising. That's like equivalent to a 15 mill contract next year , 13 mill contract yr after if the cap remained constant.
That's about right. Definitely seems these players are getting an extra 4-5 million per year above their market value. Orlando is in excellent shape. So many young, promising cheap piece. Millsap would be a very good signing.

RubberBand Man
07-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Lakers get in there! !!!

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 04:23 PM
What a jokeeeee

5ass
07-01-2015, 04:24 PM
That's about right. Definitely seems these players are getting an extra 4-5 million per year above their market value. Orlando is in excellent shape. So many young, promising cheap piece. Millsap would be a very good signing.

People don't understand that the max in a couple of years will be close to 40 mill/yr.

It looks like the Hawks will match though.

RLundi
07-01-2015, 04:25 PM
What a jokeeeee

What is?

shep33
07-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Wow. NBA players are so overpaid. The rising cap is gonna create insane contracts.

THE MTL
07-01-2015, 05:04 PM
He better take that.

Munkeysuit
07-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Stay in ATL

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 05:21 PM
why is this a thread... there have been 50 players offered a contract by other teams that don't have a chance of landing that player...

Has Milsap even said he has narrowed his choices...

This is about as imminent as the end of the world

5ass
07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
why is this a thread... there have been 50 players offered a contract by other teams that don't have a chance of landing that player...

Has Milsap even said he has narrowed his choices...

This is about as imminent as the end of the world

Yes, narrowed his choices to the Magic and Hawks. Cancelled meetings with other teams.

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Yes, narrowed his choices to the Magic and Hawks. Cancelled meetings with other teams.

ok... thanks... it just seemed premature

Stunner
07-01-2015, 06:36 PM
@ShamsCharania: Free agent Paul Millsap has reached agreement with Atlanta on a likely two-year deal, third year option, league source tells ******.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 06:37 PM
@Chris_Broussard: Source: Millsap returning to ATL 3 years $59 million

5ass
07-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Good signing, man I wanted him in Orlando.

mjt20mik
07-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Good signing for ATL. He is in his prime right now.. so 3 more years is perfect.

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 06:42 PM
not surprising... just used Orlando to set his market... smart agent

ManRam
07-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Kinda disappointed I actually allowed myself to get my hopes up. Oh well.

KB24PG16
07-01-2015, 06:44 PM
magic probably resign harris at his max now

mjt20mik
07-01-2015, 06:44 PM

Yup.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 06:45 PM

:sigh:

beasted86
07-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Millsap is overrated.

This contract is an overpay. Reshard Lewis 2.0.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Millsap is overrated.

Lewis' contract was twice as long as this. Millsap is a 30 year old All Star with tremendous advanced stats. It's not at all the same.

InRoseWeTrust
07-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Millsap is overrated.

Lewis' contract was twice as long as this. Millsap is a 30 year old All Star with tremendous advanced stats. It's not at all the same.

Rashard also destroyed himself on PEDs. Not a concern with Millsap.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Of course it's always too good to be true

Vinylman
07-01-2015, 07:24 PM

meh... doubt anyone offers him the max... you will probably have to match 4/52...

You could dump that deal pretty easily imo

Shammyguy3
07-01-2015, 09:21 PM

sorry manram :( i was hoping he'd bounce to ORL

*Silver&Black*
07-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Millsap is overrated.

Think you spelled Dragic wrong.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Hahaha ^^^

I'm so bummed

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Hahaha ^^^

I'm so bummed still

ChitownSports16
07-01-2015, 10:02 PM

Was thinking the same...

Bulls_fan90
07-02-2015, 12:35 AM

Ohh that burn. How is Millsap overrated though? If anything, I feel he's underrated as a player.

aussie
07-02-2015, 01:21 AM
damn was hoping Orlando would get Millsap...