PDA

View Full Version : Dragon to Heat for $90 mill

Stunner
07-01-2015, 09:42 AM
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Goran Dragic has a five-year, $90 million deal from the Miami Heat

Stunner
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Where this money coming from

ATX
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM

Miami could have given him 5/110M. 5/90M is a good deal for them.

J_M_B
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Good deal for Miami.

Dragic
Wade
Deng - Winslow
Bosh - McRoberts
Whiteside

Very strong core and should make some noise in the east, if they remain healthy.

Knick_Fever
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM
With Bosh making max, Deng opting in, and now Dragic getting near max, no way they can afford Wade now. Wade is gone.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Better hope Whiteside has an average year and nothing close to his pre all star numbers

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Was rumored he wanted 5/$100M before trade deadline and when Lakers wanted him. Heat got him little cheaper.

J_M_B
07-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Better hope Whiteside has an average year and nothing close to his pre all star numbers

They'll have enough room for him under the cap next year. They won't be players for anyone else though

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Sad panda population: Knicks and Lakers fans.

Dragic resigning is huge. Now just Wade resigns and it's all good.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 10:28 AM
With Bosh making max, Deng opting in, and now Dragic getting near max, no way they can afford Wade now. Wade is gone.

They can afford Wade.

Big Zo
07-01-2015, 10:35 AM
As of right now, there's ZERO market for Wade. He's going nowhere.

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 10:44 AM

Knicks fan, bird rights, bird rights, Knicks fan.

ATX
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM

Ever heard of Bird rights??????

TylerSL
07-01-2015, 01:06 PM
5 years $90 million is a great deal for Dragic, and worth it for the Heat. We gave up two first rounders to get him so it would have been detrimental to let him go at all, much less at a reasonable rate. For people saying this was a "near max", no it wasn't. A Dragic max would have been 5 years, $115 million, we got him for $25 million less than a max. 5 years, $90 million is $18 million annually so while that looks like a lot now, it will not when the cap goes up 32.6% next season and it will look even better when the cap goes up another 21.2% in 2017. Remember the cap is jumping from $67.2 million this year to $89.1 million next, to $108 million in 2017.

With Dragic re-signed we are sitting on around $72 million in payroll next year. Bringing Wade back will throw us deep in the luxury and we will become the first repeat offenders (meaning we really have to pay a lot). However almost everyone will come off the books after the season and with the cap increases we should have space to add another star. Still an exciting future for Miami, we just have to bring Dwyane Wade back.

DR_1
07-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Smart move Dragic, shorter term deal so he can cash in on the raising cap. Miami keeps an above-average PG as well but for not too long a commitment. Win for both sides.

Edit: Whoops, I misread it. Don't like it too much for either side now.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 01:27 PM
@SBNationNBA: Dwyane Wade isn't ready to give the Heat another discount. He wants a max contract: http://t.co/bixC9DAFGw http://t.co/CxA6wJTV5V

ATX
07-01-2015, 01:40 PM
@SBNationNBA: Dwyane Wade isn't ready to give the Heat another discount. He wants a max contract: http://t.co/bixC9DAFGw http://t.co/CxA6wJTV5V

Don't you wish...And what does this have to do with Dragic's deal?

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Am I the only one who thing paying a 30 year old pg 18 mil a year is too much? he'll decline hard way before that contract is up.

ATX
07-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Am I the only one who thing paying a 30 year old pg 18 mil a year is too much? he'll decline hard way before that contract is up.

Dragic is/was widely considered one of the best FA's on the market, but I understand you're just trolling as always, so good day.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 01:59 PM

Dragic is/was widely considered one of the best FA's on the market, but I understand you're just trolling as always, so good day.

Actually I'm not. I have a feeling you guys are going to hate the contract by year 3.

ATX
07-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Actually I'm not. I have a feeling you guys are going to hate the contract by year 3.

Let's see what the contract is first..

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Dragic has low milage. Not your typical 29 year old. He was a back up for a good portion of his career.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 02:05 PM

Dragic has low milage. Not your typical 29 year old. He was a back up for a good portion of his career.

Good point, but will he sustain his current level of play for at least 3-5 years?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-01-2015, 02:05 PM

You mean when the salary cap is 108 million? This deal is gonna look like a bargain by that time.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Good point, but will he sustain his current level of play for at least 3-5 years?

Dragic is a crafty player. I think he won't be the speed demon he is right now, but i think he'll definitely be productive imo.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 02:09 PM

Dragic is a crafty player. I think he won't be the speed demon he is right now, but i think he'll definitely be productive imo. does this ruin your space to sign wade?

ATX
07-01-2015, 02:11 PM
does this ruin your space to sign wade?

Not in anyway. Miami can max Wade out for 5 years if they want too...But of course that isn't going to happen. Bird Rights...

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Na. But it means we're going deep into the tax. We're looking at a tax of 150 if we give Wade the 1 yr max (22 mil) or 104 if its a 48M/3yr if we keep everyone else.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Not in anyway. Miami can max Wade out for 5 years if they want too...But of course that isn't going to happen. Bird Rights... fair enough.

WaDe03
07-01-2015, 05:45 PM

Not sure I think his game will age pretty well though.

justinnum1
07-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Another unknowledgeable poster.

bucketss
07-01-2015, 05:59 PM
if they're gonna give dragic this much, they better not low ball wade. id feel so disrespected if i was wade.

MonroeFAN
07-01-2015, 06:24 PM
I would feel slightly disrespected if I were the Heat FO tbh. They supported him through out his rocky career, he missed the playoffs last year in the east, and now is making contract demands.

beasted86
07-01-2015, 06:45 PM
I would feel slightly disrespected if I were the Heat FO tbh. They supported him through out his rocky career, he missed the playoffs last year in the east, and now is making contract demands.

By rocky, do you mean HOF worthy? Are you still salty about 06 or what? I don't understand your HEAT and Wade hate.

RB#20
07-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Well, ain't this ****ed up...I gotta deal with Amir Johnson as our crown jewel of FA while your guys' team is out there offering contracts to dragons and ****.

infernoscurse
07-01-2015, 08:48 PM
dwayne and lebron to the knicks

justinnum1
07-01-2015, 09:02 PM
dwayne and lebron to the knicks

how many rings did they win in that dream of yours?

unleashthebeast
07-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Dwyane man, it's Dwyane

blahblahyoutoo
07-01-2015, 11:30 PM

i'm somewhat inclined to agree with you, but he's way better than any pg we have and any FA pg and considering we got him for less than asking, i'm ok with this.

MonroeFAN
07-02-2015, 06:12 AM

By rocky, do you mean HOF worthy? Are you still salty about 06 or what? I don't understand your HEAT and Wade hate.

Uh, are you still salty about 05? I'm sure it took a lot of courage to bring up 06. In 05 I could tell you guys just needed one extra piece to push it over the edge. Then in 06 the refs and Shaq stepped it up big time. Seriously, not a single fan in this league is salty, or impressed by your "run" in 06.

My hate for Wade and the HEAT (so stupid) comes from the fact that we still have to hear about them, And your team sucks and Wade is a little pansy. And no, by rocky I'm referring to the multiple games per season that he missed. He's not worth a max contract, let someone else give it to him. As for his HOF career, well... It's a real shame that some day future young fans are going to see Wade as being this all time great talent. The league basically changed for him, and now it's watered down crap.

Thanks for that.

beasted86
07-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Uh, are you still salty about 05? I'm sure it took a lot of courage to bring up 06. In 05 I could tell you guys just needed one extra piece to push it over the edge. Then in 06 the refs and Shaq stepped it up big time. Seriously, not a single fan in this league is salty, or impressed by your "run" in 06.

My hate for Wade and the HEAT (so stupid) comes from the fact that we still have to hear about them, And your team sucks and Wade is a little pansy. And no, by rocky I'm referring to the multiple games per season that he missed. He's not worth a max contract, let someone else give it to him. As for his HOF career, well... It's a real shame that some day future young fans are going to see Wade as being this all time great talent. The league basically changed for him, and now it's watered down crap.

Thanks for that.
Yeah, he must have turned you down for an autograph after you waited outside in nasty Detroit snowy weather or your girlfriend must get geeked every time she sees him on TV or something. This is not natural or healthy, guy. It literally makes no sense for your consistent and dedicated hate you spew every time the HEAT or Wade is brought up.

I suggest you start writing more often in your diary about it, really get past this and move on with your life, man. It's 2015. Let it go.

ATX
07-02-2015, 07:46 AM

Thanks for that.

The immaturity of this post is astounding. Did you think the Heat would cease to exist? So sorry for you that you have to hear about them, you know existing and trying to stay competitive. Grow up.

MonroeFAN
07-02-2015, 07:50 AM
The immaturity of this post is astounding? What?

I am being a stickler, but it's a message board. Your fan base comes off as being super arrogant. I'll stop, since you seem like a decent dude. But realize no one cares. Also, my original post was made in defense of your organization against Wade. Then one of your yuppies jumped on my leg asking if I was salty about something that happened nearly 10 years ago.

omdigga
07-02-2015, 09:41 AM
I dont think D-Wade is worth max anymore.. but I think he deserves the max from Miami.. its Wade County..

KG2TB
07-02-2015, 09:54 AM
I dont think D-Wade is worth max anymore.. but I think he deserves the max from Miami.. its Wade County..

If he's not worth max, he's not worth max. End of story. I don't understand some peoples attitude that the organization should overpay or in some instances, even keep guys based on loyalty. It's just bad business and what do you hear every player say? "In the end, it's a business."

Players are only as loyal as the money goes and organizations are only as loyal as production, price, and marketability goes. Wade is worth 15 million tops and I wouldn't be comfortable giving him that for even 3 years. I'd offer him a 2/30 deal and if he doesn't want it, I would thank him for his career and wish him well. I'm sure riles will have a spot open for him within the organization somewhere.

jifnbi
07-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Where this money coming from http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2015, 05:46 PM

Bird rights....

Turns out Dragic's deal is closer to 85m for an average of 17m. I remember someone on here telling me Riley was insulting Dragic with an offer in excess of 80m, turns out that's just about what he wanted lol. Dragic went into the meeting asking Riley how he could help them keep Wade.

Dade County
07-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Bird rights....

Turns out Dragic's deal is closer to 85m for an average of 17m. I remember someone on here telling me Riley was insulting Dragic with an offer in excess of 80m, turns out that's just about what he wanted lol. Dragic went into the meeting asking Riley how he could help them keep Wade.

Nice.