PDA

View Full Version : Ellis to Indy gaining traction ?

Stunner
07-01-2015, 01:30 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Free agent guard Monta Ellis is gathering traction in talks with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Jtirado16
07-01-2015, 01:30 AM
Good place for him. At the2 guard position next to hill. And George. Pacers making moves

Stunner
07-01-2015, 01:36 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Larry Bird has been determined to secure Monta Ellis, and Pacers pushing hard to close a deal with him, league sources tell Yahoo.

Aust
07-01-2015, 01:47 AM
If a deal gets done it would put some pressure on MIA to get something done with Wade. Ellis is their plan B.

slaker619
07-01-2015, 02:32 AM
He needs to come to the #Heat !!

Stunner
07-01-2015, 02:37 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Free agent guard Monta Ellis and family traveling to Indiana to meet with Pacers officials on Wednesday, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

numba1CHANGsta
07-01-2015, 03:11 AM
Hill
Ellis
George
Copeland
Hibbert

ombada
07-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Hill
Ellis
George
Copeland
Hibbert

haha, copeland? funny guy here...

Hill
Ellis/Stuckey (if resigned)
George/Miles/S. Hill
Allen (if resigned)/George
Hibbert/Turner/Mahinmi (if Hibbert is traded)

This is how it looks as is... Im sure more changes are coming.

Copeland will not be with the team this upcoming season. Hes an UFA.

ombada
07-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Forgot about Scola, he might re-sign.

numba1CHANGsta
07-01-2015, 04:26 AM
^^^^

sounds like the Pacers are gonna have a huge hole at PF

West
Scola
Copand
Allen

all FA's

ombada
07-01-2015, 07:20 AM
^^^^

sounds like the Pacers are gonna have a huge hole at PF

West
Scola
Copand
Allen

all FA's

yeah, im not sure what theyre going to do to fill it unless they can get rid of Hibberts contract. Allen will almost surely be resigned as he will come cheap and so will Whittington through contractual obligation. Copeland never played PF because he cant rebound and defend. he is purely a spot up shooter at the 3.

I expect us to go after Teletovic (RFA), Brandon Wright, maybe Brandon Bass or Amir Johnson.

Then again i wouldnt be surprised if we went into the season with what we have. Whittington, Allen, Turner, Mahinmi and Hibbert as our big rotation.

EDIT: Paul George will also be putting in time at the 4 this year. It will be an interesting year to watch.

MonroeFAN
07-01-2015, 07:48 AM
haha, copeland? funny guy here...

Hill
Ellis/Stuckey (if resigned)
George/Miles/S. Hill
Allen (if resigned)/George
Hibbert/Turner/Mahinmi (if Hibbert is traded)

This is how it looks as is... Im sure more changes are coming.

Copeland will not be with the team this upcoming season. Hes an UFA.

Who cares?

ombada
07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Who cares?

about copeland? no one. About the Pacers and their line-up for this year? me.

MonroeFAN
07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Yeah about Copeland. Be excited for your team, you get PG back.

ombada
07-01-2015, 08:01 AM

yeah, im excited. Also worried about the direction of the team right now. I have no idea how they are going to try to implement small ball or play faster. I mean Hibbert, if on the team will have to sit on the bench for either of those things to happen.

Monta would be an interesting signing. hes more of a volume shooter, but he would instantly become one of the best playmakers on the team. This signing would also mean we probably wont be able to sign stuckey back, who was one of the best players at pushing the ball forward last year and also plays better defense than Ellis.

Its going to be really interesting to watch this offseason and how the roster turns out by the end of it.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 08:22 AM
@MySportsLegion: Monta Ellis is meeting with the Pacers today. Indiana plans to offer him a 3 year deal, worth roughly $32 million. (Y!)

beasted86
07-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Pacers have poor spacing and add a non 3 shooter. Good luck with that if they get him.

ombada
07-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Pacers have poor spacing and add a non 3 shooter. Good luck with that if they get him.

Well they are attempting to change their offensive style significantly, so well just have to wait and see.

Mr.B
07-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Monta to Ellis actually could end up being a S&T

Mr.B
07-01-2015, 09:48 AM
mike fisher (@fishsports)
7/1/15, 7:11 AM
#Mavs Monta Ellis $ snt needs to be EXACTLY $10.032M to start to best-fit a big-fish get

ombada
07-01-2015, 10:49 AM
mike fisher (@fishsports)
7/1/15, 7:11 AM
#Mavs Monta Ellis $ snt needs to be EXACTLY $10.032M to start to best-fit a big-fish get

Im confused... any more details on this?

Tg11
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Pacers could really make moves in the East especially if they get Ellis they could actually win the East or be a #2 or #3 seed but then again who knows

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:10 AM
all im reading is an outright signing. Ive heard whispers of a S/T for Hill, but other than cap flexibility, i dont see the upside in doing this for the Pacers.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Well they are attempting to change their offensive style significantly, so well just have to wait and see.

Tough to find successful offensive styles that work in the NBA these days without shooting. 1 maybe 2 teams?

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:16 AM
I still feel like Dallas was the perfect situation for Ellis. I think whatever teams signs him in the offseason will regret it.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Cope is nastyyy, though.

Mr.B
07-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Im confused... any more details on this?

Not yet. But I do know that the Mavs would prefer to send Monta out on a S&T and the contract that they've offered Monta is right in line with what the Mavs would need for a S&T to work. That doesn't mean it will happen by its still a possibility.

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Tough to find successful offensive styles that work in the NBA these days without shooting. 1 maybe 2 teams?

he was questioning the Pacers spacing. As far as shooting goes, Ellis was 47% from the field last year. Seems like it would be a positive addition.

Mr.B
07-01-2015, 11:22 AM
all im reading is an outright signing. Ive heard whispers of a S/T for Hill, but other than cap flexibility, i dont see the upside in doing this for the Pacers.

That's very true. I know that the Mavs would be interested in Hill but would the Pacers be willing to play Ellis at PG? Or would Hibbert be the guy the Mavs want instead (either as a starter or as a backup if they do sign DeAndre).

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Not yet. But I do know that the Mavs would prefer to send Monta out on a S&T and the contract that they've offered Monta is right in line with what the Mavs would need for a S&T to work. That doesn't mean it will happen by its still a possibility.

oh, ok. i just dont know what we could send back. We dont have many players under contract and Hibbert is the only player ive heard that we are actively shopping.

very interesting to watch progress.

Mr.B
07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
oh, ok. i just dont know what we could send back. We dont have many players under contract and Hibbert is the only player ive heard that we are actively shopping.

very interesting to watch progress.

I know the Mavs would want Hill but the Hibbert possibility is very interesting.

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
That's very true. I know that the Mavs would be interested in Hill but would the Pacers be willing to play Ellis at PG? Or would Hibbert be the guy the Mavs want instead (either as a starter or as a backup if they do sign DeAndre).

If it was for Hibbert, there would be a lot more to this i think. Hill is a tough sell. Hes a better PG than Ellis and one of the Pacers front office golden boys. Last year he really kind of broke out too.

Tg11
07-01-2015, 11:25 AM
With Ellis, George, Hibbert they could have quite a dynamic three especially since David West is apparently leaving

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Cope is nastyyy, though.

haha, well you should be able to pick him back up for vets min. 1.5 mil a year max...

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:27 AM
With Ellis, George, Hibbert they could have quite a dynamic three especially since David West is apparently leaving

I dont think the Pacers want to enter the season with Hibbert on the team.

They keep talking about Birds vision for the team, but damned if i know what is going through his head.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
he was questioning the Pacers spacing. As far as shooting goes, Ellis was 47% from the field last year. Seems like it would be a positive addition.

So am I homey. Ellis didn't shoot 47% from downtown. He actually didn't even shoot 47% from the field either. Where you getting your numbers? 44.5%fg/28.5% from 3pt. His efficiency was already shaky and that is in a good motion offense with a lot of pick and roll attacks. No Tyson and Dirk in Indy. With a lumbering big like Hibbert? And no PF? I doubt he gets even that.

Tg11
07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I dont think the Pacers want to enter the season with Hibbert on the team.

They keep talking about Birds vision for the team, but damned if i know what is going through his head.

Yes they need to get rid of Hibbert but who do they sign to replace Hibbert? Hibbert at one time was an all star

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Pacers should try to blowup their roster outside of Paul George. Hibbert is too overpaid and really soft. Bunch of vets that can go elsewhere to give them a chance to win. If I were Bird, seeking to get another pick in the lotto will help. They really blew their pick with Turner.

Wade n Fade
07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Yes they need to get rid of Hibbert but who do they sign to replace Hibbert? Hibbert at one time was an all star

Nobody right now if they want a high draft pick. The lack of quality bigs in the East led to him becoming an all star.

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM
So am I homey. Ellis didn't shoot 47% from downtown. He actually didn't even shoot 47% from the field either. Where you getting your numbers? 44.5%fg/28.5% from 3pt. His efficiency was already shaky and that is in a good motion offense with a lot of pick and roll attacks. No Tyson and Dirk in Indy. With a lumbering big like Hibbert? And no PF? I doubt he gets even that.

I stand corrected, though i wasnt talking about downtown. i know he isnt a 3 point shooter and that he is a volume shooter.

Again, i doubt Hibbert will be on the team next year. George is supposedly playing a lot more of the 4, and we have other 3 point shooters to stretch the floor. Hill, Miles, George, S. Hill and Turner can all stretch the floor. If resigned Allen can shoot from 15-18.

I dont know what Larry Birds plan is. and i cant claim that this signing would work. Im just saying we wont know until it happens. This is the first day of free agency, to make any kind of assumptions would really be jumping the gun.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I stand corrected, though i wasnt talking about downtown. i know he isnt a 3 point shooter and that he is a volume shooter.

Again, i doubt Hibbert will be on the team next year. George is supposedly playing a lot more of the 4, and we have other 3 point shooters to stretch the floor. Hill, Miles, George, S. Hill and Turner can all stretch the floor. If resigned Allen can shoot from 15-18.

I dont know what Larry Birds plan is. and i cant claim that this signing would work. Im just saying we wont know until it happens. This is the first day of free agency, to make any kind of assumptions would really be jumping the gun.

Yeah let's all not post or share our opinions until final rosters are set. :)

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Pacers should try to blowup their roster outside of Paul George. Hibbert is too overpaid and really soft. Bunch of vets that can go elsewhere to give them a chance to win. If I were Bird, seeking to get another pick in the lotto will help. They really blew their pick with Turner.

I dont think thats being considered at all.

Its just an opinion, but i dont think anyone can say weather or not they 'blew their pick.' Most would disagree with this opinion, but until they play some games there is no way to tell.

ombada
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM

i meant to make any kind of assumption on the roster.

KnicksorBust
07-01-2015, 12:16 PM

Is it really an assumption that Ellis will struggle with a change from Tyson to Hibber for pick and rolls? Is it really an assumption that Ellis will struggle without Dirk?

ombada
07-01-2015, 12:37 PM

Is it really an assumption that Ellis will struggle with a change from Tyson to Hibber for pick and rolls? Is it really an assumption that Ellis will struggle without Dirk?

Yes, but i meant with the pacers roster. We don't know if Ellis will ever play a game with Hibbert. Since there are whispers of a sign and trade maybe the pacers are trying to send Hibbert to Dallas. What about Paul George? Is there a reason Ellis would struggle more with George than nowiztki?

We just don't know what will happen here.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2015, 01:13 PM
That is a good fit

DR_1
07-01-2015, 01:20 PM
If Indy gets this done I really like it for them

Hill
Ellis
PG
West
Hibbert

That's a playoff starting 5 in the east

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 02:15 PM
If Indy gets this done I really like it for them

Hill
Ellis
PG
West
Hibbert

That's a playoff starting 5 in the east

You understand that West declined his player option and is leaving, right? It was kind of big news on PSD a couple of days ago.

TrueFan420
07-01-2015, 02:53 PM
You understand that West declined his player option and is leaving, right? It was kind of big news on PSD a couple of days ago.
He did decline but he could always go back. Did he officially state he doesn't intend to return?

IndyRealist
07-01-2015, 02:56 PM
He did decline but he could always go back. Did he officially state he doesn't intend to return?

He has not talked to the organization at all, per Larry Bird, and the sports reporter for the local paper reports that West declining his option was "not about money" and he still has a "passion to play". That reads ring chasing to me.

Bird's actually sounded pretty pissed about it the couple of times reporters asked him.

TrueFan420
07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
He has not talked to the organization at all, per Larry Bird, and the sports reporter for the local paper reports that West declining his option was "not about money" and he still has a "passion to play". That reads ring chasing to me.

Bird's actually sounded pretty pissed about it the couple of times reporters asked him.

Damn that's a bust. He's a good player. Well ateadt you're close to signing Ellis. He will fit nicely next to hill and PG. maybe you can pick up a stretch 4 to pair with Hibbert and space the court for Ellis to attack.