PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are

Bron > Kobe
06-30-2015, 07:20 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are pursuing space to offer free agent deals to LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan." (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1ILlync

jerellh528
06-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Wow hahah almost impossible. But if true, :speechless:

Bron > Kobe
06-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Maybe a mod should shorten the title. Lakers to try and land LaMarcus and DeAndre

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
What players salaries they need dumping? Randle? Russell? Young is only other salary I could see at $5.2M. Rest are all team options like Sacre, Black, Brown, Blue, Clarkson. Oh and Kelley at $1.7M. Hardly any really bad contracts. But doubt teams wanna wait around for Lakers to get confirmation if they sign with them. Also doubt any teams out west wanna help them. Teams in the east with cap probably want Randle or Russell. Doubt anyone wants any first rounder's besides you don't have any for a few years. But still Kobe and Jordan and Aldridge isn't exciting. Jordan be crying after he doesn't get the ball enough cause Kobe firing up 30 shots a game. Jordan be third fiddle like Love is with Cavs.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

Cal827
06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Doesn't Kobe's contract pretty much restrict that? I mean, even if they get rid of everybody else, wouldn't both Aldridge and Deandre Jordan start off at roughly 20+ million on each of their deals?

5ass
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Impossible unless they trade Kobe.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Doesn't Kobe's contract pretty much restrict that? I mean, even if they get rid of everybody else, wouldn't both Aldridge and Deandre Jordan start off at roughly 20+ million on each of their deals?

That's what I was thinking. Isn't he on the 35% super max?

Jtirado16
06-30-2015, 07:38 PM
Not impossible. And lakers offer to LA is at 18.8. They could get tricky with it all. And pull it off

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Wouldn't it have to be a sign and trade? Or at least one of them has to be sign and traded to get the bird rights? Unless each guy takes a little less. But still I doubt Jordan will be happy.

j-bay
06-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Alright spend your money LA.

DarkKnight
06-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Wouldn't it have to be a sign and trade? Or at least one of them has to be sign and traded to get the bird rights? Unless each guy takes a little less. But still I doubt Jordan will be happy.
Yes there's rumors of Jordan swapping with Chandler

DaLakerz Rulz
06-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Forget Jordan, sign Aldridge and try to get Chandler on a shorter/cheaper contract.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Nope, not possible. Cap guy and Lakers beat writer Eric Pincus just said with Aldridge+Kobe and nobody else would only have 18 mill a year in cap. DJ starts around 21 first year, 25+ 4th year.

lamzoka
06-30-2015, 07:48 PM
For Lakers to pull this off they have to get rid off everyone on the roster not name Kobe including Russell.

We will gladly take Russell and whatever scrub they wanna dump. For a trade exemption

cheetos185
06-30-2015, 07:50 PM
21 mil for a guy who can't score 10 inches away from the basket.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:00 PM
If they got rid of Young and Kelly, they would have roughly 31 million. They can't sign both guys to their max. I would rather have Aldridge and Chandler which is probably possible

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:02 PM
If they got rid of Young and Kelly, they would have roughly 31 million. They can't sign both guys to their max. I would rather have Aldridge and Chandler which is probably possible

Yup. Aldridge+Chandler is doable for sure. Aldridge+DJ would require one or both of them taking big paycuts, which clearly neither intend to do. They will both be starting at like 21-22 mill a year. That's 42-44 mill in cap the Lakers would have to come up with, which they can't considering Kobe's 27 mill a year or whatever.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m1 minute ago
Clippers still "hopeful" that they'll keep DeAndre Jordan, but I'm told if he were to leave for Mavs, they'll try to S&T for Tyson Chandler

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Nope, not possible. Cap guy and Lakers beat writer Eric Pincus just said with Aldridge+Kobe and nobody else would only have 18 mill a year in cap. DJ starts around 21 first year, 25+ 4th year.
The 4th year is irrelevant. You just have to make them fit for the first year. I don't think Jordans starting salary is 21 million. Aldridge's starting max is 18.8. Jordan is around there

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Yup. Aldridge+Chandler is doable for sure. Aldridge+DJ would require one or both of them taking big paycuts, which clearly neither intend to do. They will both be starting at like 21-22 mill a year. That's 42-44 mill in cap the Lakers would have to come up with, which they can't considering Kobe's 27 mill a year or whatever.
I think you are thinking of average salary. You have to remember the year by year increases. If you sign a four year 80 million dollar contract. The first year you are going to get around 17 to 18 million against the cap. Then it will gradually increase to around 23 or 24 million.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Would be a heck of a coup or LA if they can pull it off but I thought the whole point of Jordan wanting out of CLE was to take on a bigger offensive role than he has behind CP3/Blake. Wouldn't coming to LA who already has Kobe and would be getting Aldridge here too go against that?

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:06 PM
The 4th year is irrelevant. You just have to make them fit for the first year. I don't think Jordans starting salary is 21 million. Aldridge's starting max is 18.8. Jordan is around there

I know that. I'm just saying 4th year's number to give Lakers fans an idea of how expensive he is. I realize it won't be factored in right away. On a 5 year deal, Jordan starts at 21, ends at 27.5 or so I'm pretty sure with standard backload. I don't see why that would change on a 4 year deal.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:07 PM
I think you are thinking of average salary. You have to remember the year by year increases. If you sign a four year 80 million dollar contract. The first year you are going to get around 17 to 18 million against the cap. Then it will gradually increase to around 23 or 24 million.

Even if it's 19 each... that's 38 million. The Lakers mathematically cannot clear that much bro. Can thank Kobe for refusing a paycut for that. Unless Kobe restructures his deal right now, it's impossible... even if you waived the rest of of the guys on the roster.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Would be a heck of a coup or LA if they can pull it off but I thought the whole point of Jordan wanting out of CLE was to take on a bigger offensive role than he has behind CP3/Blake. Wouldn't coming to LA who already has Kobe and would be getting Aldridge here too go against that?
I think they will sell him that Kobe is only here for one more year. Plus he will probably be hurt anyway. While CP3 and Blake aren't going anywhere.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Even if it's 19 each... that's 38 million. The Lakers mathematically cannot clear that much bro. Can thank Kobe for refusing a paycut for that. Unless Kobe restructures his deal right now, it's impossible... even if you waived the rest of of the guys on the roster.
Yup, Kobes contact is a ball buster. But like i said, I would rather have Chandler on a shorter deal if at all possible. Or sign Aldridge and make a good offer to Tobias Harris and see if the Magic match. Either way, I am happy to hear they are trying to make moves by getting rid of young and Kelly. They are a waste of 7 million dollars

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Yup, Kobes contact is a ball buster. But like i said, I would rather have Chandler on a shorter deal if at all possible. Or sign Aldridge and make a good offer to Tobias Harris and see if the Magic match. Either way, I am happy to hear they are trying to make moves by getting rid of young and Kelly. They are a waste of 7 million dollars

I agree. Hell I'D rather have Chandler on a shorter, cheaper deal than pay DJ 20 mill a year as a Clippers fan. I just think our upside is capped mostly with DJ as our 3rd superstar making 20 mill a year. If Kobe truly wanted to win and help the Lakers he pulls a Duncan/Dirk and restructures his deal tonight for like 10 mill a year or less. THAT is when **** gets scary and Lakers can have a team of two youngish superstars like this AND Kobe+Randle+Russell. That's a holy **** squad if Kobe can bounce back to even a healthy 15/5 type.

Tony_Starks
06-30-2015, 08:20 PM
What players salaries they need dumping? Randle? Russell? Young is only other salary I could see at $5.2M. Rest are all team options like Sacre, Black, Brown, Blue, Clarkson. Oh and Kelley at $1.7M. Hardly any really bad contracts. But doubt teams wanna wait around for Lakers to get confirmation if they sign with them. Also doubt any teams out west wanna help them. Teams in the east with cap probably want Randle or Russell. Doubt anyone wants any first rounder's besides you don't have any for a few years. But still Kobe and Jordan and Aldridge isn't exciting. Jordan be crying after he doesn't get the ball enough cause Kobe firing up 30 shots a game. Jordan be third fiddle like Love is with Cavs.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

Right, because as we ALL know Jordan is a bigtime scorer that requires lots and lots of touches and shot attempts to get his variety of points.....

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Right, because as we ALL know Jordan is a bigtime scorer that requires lots and lots of touches and shot attempts to get his variety of points.....

Actually he has openly *****ed about not getting enough touches/involvement in the offense. A big reason he's considering greener pastures is to have a bigger offensive role.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 35m35 minutes ago
People in the room tonight for the Lakers' pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge: Jeanie Buss, Kobe, Byron Scott, Kupchak + James Worthy.

I do feel the Lakers will land Aldridge. But not DJ. I believe DJ is going to Dallas or staying with LAC. I have it at 60/40 Dallas right now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:30 PM
I agree. Hell I'D rather have Chandler on a shorter, cheaper deal than pay DJ 20 mill a year as a Clippers fan. I just think our upside is capped mostly with DJ as our 3rd superstar making 20 mill a year. If Kobe truly wanted to win and help the Lakers he pulls a Duncan/Dirk and restructures his deal tonight for like 10 mill a year or less. THAT is when **** gets scary and Lakers can have a team of two youngish superstars like this AND Kobe+Randle+Russell. That's a holy **** squad if Kobe can bounce back to even a healthy 15/5 type.

I'm sure you know but players can't restructure deals when they're in the middle of them. He couldn't even if he wanted to.

As far as the dirk and Duncan thing, they get a little bit too much credit. It's easy to take a salary cut when you know you have made more money than everyone else due to playing in Texas. Over their careers, Kobe has played one more season and earned only 20 million dollars more than Duncan has due to the tax issue. But Duncan gets the credit for being a team player when in fact his back account is as fat as Kobes. Kobe plays in a state that takes 14 percent before federal even touches your money. So a 20 million contract in Texas is a 17 million in California. Why do you think the Texas teams and Florida teams are so successful?
Spurs, Rockets, Dallas, and Miami own 10 rings in the past 22 years. With Orlando going to the finals twice. The only teams to break through were the Bulls, Lakers, Pistons, and Warriors. Teams in those states have an unfair advantage.

shep33
We can sign and trade for LMA but that'll be tough still. Randle, young, kelly, etc

Ty22Mitchell
I love the Lakers, but these rumors are going overboard. There is no way Mitch signs both of them. He'll sign one, develop the young talent in 2015-1016, and throw a hailmary for KD next summer.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Actually I didn't know that DODGERS. I thought IF both parties agree to a restructuring mid deal it was allowed. So Duncan/Dirk only did it when deals expired? If so... why would it even be considered a restructure rather than just re-signing for less?

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:32 PM
Actually he has openly *****ed about not getting enough touches/involvement in the offense. A big reason he's considering greener pastures is to have a bigger offensive role.
I read that and couldn't believe my eyes. Does Jordan have an offensive game besides a putback dunk or an oop from CP 3? Him saying that he wants a bigger role in the offense might scare some suiters away.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Actually I didn't know that DODGERS. I thought IF both parties agree to a restructuring mid deal it was allowed. So Duncan/Dirk only did it when deals expired? If so... why would it even be considered a restructure rather than just re-signing for less?
Yes, they can only do it when the deals expire. They may consider it restructuring if they have a longer deal and they have a player option. If they opt out of their contract to lower it, I guess you could call it restructuring. But in actuality its a termination of the old contract and signing a new one at a lower rate. But Kobe does not have an opt out.

Ty22Mitchell
06-30-2015, 08:39 PM
I read that and couldn't believe my eyes. Does Jordan have an offensive game besides a putback dunk or an oop from CP 3? Him saying that he wants a bigger role in the offense might scare some suiters away.

I wouldn't blame them. A role player who GENUINELY believes he is an all star second banana is a dangerous signing. I really want the Lakers to sign him, but only if he understands his role.

J4KOP99
06-30-2015, 08:41 PM
If both guys agree to sign for less than the max.

But this brings us back to the absolutely idiocy of the kobe contract. If it was for just 5-8 mil less, this idea is feasible.

Tony_Starks
06-30-2015, 08:46 PM
People in the room tonight for the Lakers' pitch to LaMarcus Aldridge: Jeanie Buss, Kobe, Byron Scott, Kupchak + James Worthy.

I do feel the Lakers will land Aldridge. But not DJ. I believe DJ is going to Dallas or staying with LAC. I have it at 60/40 Dallas right now.

Just chit chatted with this dude from Texas that balled with him and says DJ could very well go there because they don't give him the typical hometown superstar so everybody has their hand out.....treatment.

He said he gets a lot of love out there as basically the cool kid that made it to league.

RaiderLakerz1
06-30-2015, 08:49 PM
Just put the bulk of the money in year 2 & 3... It's not that hard... As long as the contract add up, it works... #Lakers

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Just put the bulk of the money in year 2 & 3... It's not that hard... As long as the contract add up, it works... #Lakers

If you poison pill both in a way never seen. like 9 mill first year, 35+ last but no team would ever do that.

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2015, 08:53 PM
If the Lakers get rid of Russell and/or Randle in salary dumps that would be pure stupidity. Keep the young guys and be happy with one of either LMA or DJ.

beasted86
06-30-2015, 08:53 PM
Russell / Clarkson / Kobe / Aldridge / Jordan

Would be solid, even if it meant packaging Randal to make it work.

Thumper 88
06-30-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm sure you know but players can't restructure deals when they're in the middle of them. He couldn't even if he wanted to.

As far as the dirk and Duncan thing, they get a little bit too much credit. It's easy to take a salary cut when you know you have made more money than everyone else due to playing in Texas. Over their careers, Kobe has played one more season and earned only 20 million dollars more than Duncan has due to the tax issue. But Duncan gets the credit for being a team player when in fact his back account is as fat as Kobes. Kobe plays in a state that takes 14 percent before federal even touches your money. So a 20 million contract in Texas is a 17 million in California. Why do you think the Texas teams and Florida teams are so successful?
Spurs, Rockets, Dallas, and Miami own 10 rings in the past 22 years. With Orlando going to the finals twice. The only teams to break through were the Bulls, Lakers, Pistons, and Warriors. Teams in those states have an unfair advantage.
Ok but Kobe has been in a much bigger market and able to promote all of his own brand including jerseys. It goes both ways.

Why do you think melo and players want to play in new York & LA? To sell their brand

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 08:56 PM

You can't do that. You can only give a contract that will have 7.5 increases if it's your own player, and 4.5 increases if it's a free agent signing. If it was possible, everyone would do it. But the league is smarter than that.

Lakers + Giants
06-30-2015, 08:59 PM
I'd prefer getting Lopez and keeping Randle as the 6th man.

I don't see us getting LMA tho tbh.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Ok but Kobe has been in a much bigger market and able to promote all of his own brand including jerseys. It goes both ways.

Why do you think melo and players want to play in new York & LA? To sell their brand

Ok... but my post wasn't meant to be a Laker vs Texas thing. Its more about giving guys credit for taking less, when in actuality, they are taking as much or more.

Also, what about the Suns, Kings, Bucks, Thunder, and numerous other teams? They don't have the LA/NY markets, and their states don't have that tax advantage. Don't you think their should be an offset in the CBA to make up for this unfair advantage?

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Yep I know Mitch. He thinks big. He will at least try.

LA4life24/8
06-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Hell it's worth a shot? Why not.... even if they can't sign both I'm all for getting rid of R.Kelly and nick young

jerellh528
06-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Yep I know Mitch. He thinks big. He will at least try.

That he does, sometimes to a detriment. Lol

PowerHouse
06-30-2015, 09:27 PM
There's always loopholes. It can work out well for everyone if Mitch can convince LMA and DJ to sign one year deals. Then next year they can hit the FA market again with the big TV deal money. Next year Kobe's contract comes off the books and Lakers can re-sign both or just one and then go after somebody else.

mrblisterdundee
06-30-2015, 09:28 PM
The Blazers have an even lower payroll, along with a better roster and several potential free agents who'd love to come back to a contender. They could sign another two big names and still bring Aldridge back.

Thumper 88
06-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Ok... but my post wasn't meant to be a Laker vs Texas thing. Its more about giving guys credit for taking less, when in actuality, they are taking as much or more.

Also, what about the Suns, Kings, Bucks, Thunder, and numerous other teams? They don't have the LA/NY markets, and their states don't have that tax advantage. Don't you think their should be an offset in the CBA to make up for this unfair advantage?
Hell no to the second part.

And to the first Ducan & Dirk could take way more money but don't and that helps their team. Whereas Kobe is like FU to the Lakers

GREATNESS ONE
06-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Lakers are still the Big Dogs on thee street.

Use us as leverage. We'll be back.

Yuri
06-30-2015, 09:44 PM
They can use the stretch provision on kobe's contract to like 3 yrs 8mil per? it was mentioned on max and marcellus show and they didnt think anything could prevent the lakers from using it. Another thing to consider is although highly unlikely, dj and lma can take a slight paycut for this yr with the notion they're getting the full max next yr. Then get a few vets min guys

GREATNESS ONE
06-30-2015, 09:46 PM
They can use the stretch provision on kobe's contract to like 3 yrs 8mil per? it was mentioned on max and marcellus show and they didnt think anything could prevent the lakers from using it. Another thing to consider is although highly unlikely, dj and lma can take a slight paycut for this yr with the notion they're getting the full max next yr. Then get a few vets min guys
Really?

xxplayerxx23
06-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Wait can't they do it? 19 each first year or maybe backload it to be 18 each. I mean they would have to get rid of every single player off their roster including Russell but if they did that it's possible. Send all your scrubs with Russell and Randle our way :p

lakerboy
06-30-2015, 10:04 PM

You should just root for Chandler. He's more mature and doesn't demand the ball all the time (despite limited offense). We Lakers fans were so pissed at having Howard demand the ball all the time and he can't post up, and DJ is even worse on the block. Also FT shooting won't be a nightmare.

I want DJ in LA bec he fits well with Randle. But that offense problem will be really dragging.

Parasyte
06-30-2015, 10:05 PM

Stretch provision only applies to waived/bought out players.

lakerboy
06-30-2015, 10:07 PM
The numbers DJ want and the touches he wants to get really scare me. I like him more than LMA bec he is younger, but seriously LMA and Robin Lopez/Chandler is no problem

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Hell no to the second part.

And to the first Ducan & Dirk could take way more money but don't and that helps their team. Whereas Kobe is like FU to the Lakers
We dont know if he would if he was in Duncan/Dirks shoes. We have seen Lebron take less in Florida but he wont take less in Cleveland. He even opted out this year to get an extra $600,000. Im sure its a lot easier to take a paycut when you know your still making as much as everyone else in the league while having a competitive advantage.
Its not a coincidence that all the players who are "sacraficing" money are on teams in Texas and Florida.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2015, 01:32 AM

They wouldn't do Kobe like that.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2015, 03:51 AM
Impossible even if they move young, unless those two take a pay cut, it isnt happening.

Eg714
07-01-2015, 04:15 AM
They can split 15 each until next year

FriedTofuz
07-01-2015, 04:28 AM
They can split 15 each until next year

Then they face the potential of bolting because they definitely will consider other teams in that time. Kevin Durant will also be a free agent.

SF8
07-01-2015, 05:13 AM
Screw the Lakers. Why would Jordan bail on the Clippers for the worse team in the same city?

And I thought LMA at age 30 wants to be on a contender, why the heck would he not sign with SAS and play for Pop with Duncan and Kawhi?

Makes no sense.