PDA

View Full Version : If you had Prime Drob,Duncan and Dream would you start all 3 and win a ring?

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Lets say you have the Cavs team. Take off Lebron, Kyrie, and Love. Add the 3 big men. Would you start all 3 big men, and do you feel like you would win a ring with that team?

DillyDill
06-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Hell yeeeessss u would win a Ring even multiple. One Big just has to swallow his pride and play the sixth man role to perfection= Championships

LakersIn5
06-30-2015, 06:31 PM
I wont start all 3 because as good as those 3 are defensively, they still would get outmatched by the opposing small forward on the offensive end. And yes they would win a ring with that cavs squad.

And just to add, duncan/robinson/hakeem is not comparable to embiied/noel/okafor situation.

And and and kobe would have 6 ringz baby! Td and drob playing right now in their prime means no spurs team in 2003 to beat LA!

LakersIn5
06-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Or i would trade prime hakeem for durant.

numba1CHANGsta
06-30-2015, 06:44 PM
What a pointless thread

First of all, if you had those 3 guys on one team would this even be a question? 100% guaranteed to win multiple rings. Secondly, how exactly are you going to start 3 PF/C?

Vee-Rex
06-30-2015, 06:44 PM
I'd start all 3.

Center - Dream
PF - Timmy D
SF - The Admiral

People seem to forget how quick Robinson was (people only remember him in '99), and he had some of the best handles ever for a Center. Unless the opposing SF was someone offensively gifted, I think he'd hold his own both defensively and offensively.

Vee-Rex
06-30-2015, 06:45 PM
This is prime D Rob I'm talking about, not '99 D Rob.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 07:04 PM
What a pointless thread

First of all, if you had those 3 guys on one team would this even be a question? 100% guaranteed to win multiple rings. Secondly, how exactly are you going to start 3 PF/C?

KG easily often, and dominantly played the 3. Drob is faster and quicker than KG. You do the math.

ewing
06-30-2015, 07:04 PM
I'd start all 3.

Center - Dream
PF - Timmy D
SF - The Admiral

People seem to forget how quick Robinson was (people only remember him in '99), and he had some of the best handles ever for a Center. Unless the opposing SF was someone offensively gifted, I think he'd hold his own both defensively and offensively.

D Rob would have so much rim protection on drives he would be fine plus the mismatch on the other end would compensate. If your guards could hit open Js and not turn the ball over all day you would be great

nycericanguy
06-30-2015, 07:06 PM
you trade one of them, even if you start all 3 and play all 3 together at all times that is only 33mpg available for each player.

Those guys should be playing 36-38mpg.

You could never maximize their talents and there is only 1 rim to protect...lol

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 07:08 PM
This is prime D Rob I'm talking about, not '99 D Rob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18

Yeah this Drob plays the 3 easily and dominates.

FraziersKnicks
06-30-2015, 07:12 PM
There's 96 combined PF/C minutes available per game.

TD: 34
Hakeem: 32
D-Rob: 30

Don't have to start all 3 for them to have a huge impact.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 07:13 PM
you trade one of them, even if you start all 3 and play all 3 together at all times that is only 33mpg available for each player.

Those guys should be playing 36-38mpg.

You could never maximize their talents and there is only 1 rim to protect...lol

Knowing what I know about all 3. If I have 23 year old versions of all of them. I dont trade any of them for any wing not named Lebron or Mike. I'd need more than just Durant. I couldn't trade any of them straight up for Durant. Durant and a draft pick. Durant and Reggie Jackson type trade may get it done.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-30-2015, 07:14 PM
In which era?

I wouldn't start them all but I'll probably play 1 of them at SF for a good amount of mins.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
There's 96 combined PF/C minutes available per game.

TD: 34
Hakeem: 32
D-Rob: 30

Don't have to start all 3 for them to have a huge impact.

True true. I start all 3 and then pull one five minutes in and stagger them for the rest of the game. Last 5 minutes, all 3 are in though.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2015, 07:18 PM
You might start all 3 but I'd want 96 out of 96 available PF/C minutes to be played by them. If each of them played 36 minutes a night that's 108 total between the 3 of them so yeah, I'd put one at SF for 10 minutes. Rotation wise, it would probably be easier to make that work bringing one off the bench. If you play any of them at SF any longer than you're looking at having to play someone else in the PF/C rotation and for the love of God if you had those 3 why would you want to do that.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 07:20 PM
You could definitely put a guy in every 3 minutes and pull a guy every 3 minutes so that they each play for 6 minute intervals. 6 min in, 3 min rest. They would stay fresh and you'd dominate all game long. But IMO your a better team with All 3 starting no matter what. They are all just way to good. Offensive rebounding would be a joke. Drob or hakeem just lurking after every shot with a 6-7 guy trying to box them out every time down. I think the benefits in certain situations would blow away the negatives that arise in certain situations.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 07:26 PM
You might start all 3 but I'd want 96 out of 96 available PF/C minutes to be played by them. If each of them played 36 minutes a night that's 108 total between the 3 of them so yeah, I'd put one at SF for 10 minutes. Rotation wise, it would probably be easier to make that work bringing one off the bench. If you play any of them at SF any longer than you're looking at having to play someone else in the PF/C rotation and for the love of God if you had those 3 why would you want to do that.

Great point. But that 10 minutes could be the first and last 5 min of the game. So I like your idea. Drob at SF to start and end the game, but put into the 3 man rotation at C and PF in between that.

numba1CHANGsta
06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Since you wanna start 2 centers and 1 PF, might as well have Shaq/Hakeem/TD

flea
06-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Sure why not? All 3 could hit jumpers from 15 in, with Duncan and Hakeem being 2 of the best at it. Both Duncan and Hakeem could handle pretty well in various areas of the court and Duncan runs the 4/5 p&r better than any other big man I've seen. They are 3 of the 5 or 6 best big man offensive players, it would not be a problem offensively. Defensively both Hakeem and Robinson had enough athleticism to cover 3s, and Duncan had the footwork to do it.

You'd probably be better off with 2 on the court + 3 shooters most of the game so you could always keep 2 in, but end of games you'd definitely have all 3 out there. Hell if you had Duncan, Admiral, Hakeem, Russell, and KAJ you might very well end games with 5 big men on the court.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Since you wanna start 2 centers and 1 PF, might as well have Shaq/Hakeem/TD

Well the 76ers young bigs, more resemble the Admiral(Nerlens) Dream(Embiid) and Duncan(Okafor). There is nobody comparable to Shaq ever.

Jamiecballer
06-30-2015, 11:09 PM
No, absolutely not. But I'll gladly flip 1, maybe 2 for parts I need to make, y'know, a team.

IKnowHoops
07-01-2015, 05:53 AM
No, absolutely not. But I'll gladly flip 1, maybe 2 for parts I need to make, y'know, a team.

Freak Squad>>>Team. I see no team in history beating that team in a 7 game series.

PG Delly
SG Shump/JR
SF Admiral
PF Duncan/TT
C Dream/Moz