PDA

View Full Version : Cavs and Splitter ?

Stunner
06-30-2015, 03:03 PM
@MySportsLegion: Trade chatter: Cavs discussing a deal that would send Brendan Hayward and his $10.5 mil non guaranteed contract to San Antonio. (@Monroe_SA)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2015, 03:08 PM
I suggested this idea a couple days ago to help Spurs sign Aldridge and keep Green.

Clint Olbrock
06-30-2015, 03:10 PM
I'll take Mills and Splitter, don't have to tell me twice lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Splitter could replace AV fast. AV been injured like every season. Shocked Cavs gave him that extension. Probably cause LeBron is close buddies with him.

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Splitter off the bench?

nysportsfan23
06-30-2015, 03:18 PM
How does this work for the cavs? How would all of the Cavs bigs play? Thompson,love,varejo,splitter,mozgov? 5 starters for 2 spots, plus lebron plays pf as well. Other trades or thompson/love leaving?

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2015, 03:19 PM
How does this work for the cavs? How would all of the Cavs bigs play? Thompson,love,varejo,splitter,mozgov? 5 starters for 2 spots, plus lebron plays pf as well. Other trades or thompson/love leaving?

Yeah, seems a little crowded.

nysportsfan23
06-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Really against the small ball trend, more of bludgeon you will size trend

nysportsfan23
06-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Also FYI, hoops hype salaries have been updated

MILLERHIGHLIFE

TT and Love have full bird rights. Cavs can sign them last. But maybe they figure if Love leaves time to get extra big man while they can cause I thought Haywood deal becomes guaranteed after today?

nysportsfan23
Except for some missing contracts

Clint Olbrock
06-30-2015, 03:26 PM
TT and Love have full bird rights. Cavs can sign them last. But maybe they figure if Love leaves time to get extra big man while they can cause I thought Haywood deal becomes guaranteed after today?

Haywood becomes guaranteed August 2nd, it becomes $10.5 million at midnight. He is still on his $2.2 million guaranteed deal from 14-15 currently.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Definitely don't want Mills gone... If it's Splitter straight up & means LMA is coming, I'm for it.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Wonder if Joseph/Splitter could be involved. Hard to guess w/o knowing what Duncan's salary will look like. Joseph & Lebron do share the same agent

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Definitely don't want Mills gone... If it's Splitter straight up & means LMA is coming, I'm for it.

Cavs need some extra incentive for helping Spurs get LMA besides Splitter who they don't really need with Mozgov and Varejao.

AlexTmz2
06-30-2015, 03:42 PM
This looks OK to me if it does get done. It would be hard to let go of both but if it means bringing in LMA and retaining Green, then I'm all for it..

Jtirado16
06-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Why would the Cavs help a team that can beat them in the finals next year..

TrueFan420
06-30-2015, 03:43 PM
I'll take Mills and Splitter, don't have to tell me twice lol

Yea that's not gonna happen. Their not giving up mills but you can dream so there's that.

Vee-Rex
06-30-2015, 03:46 PM
I'd do it for Mills/Splitter in a heartbeat.

Mills would be the backup pg we need and Splitter would be some needed insurance for when Mozgov leaves. For anyone thinking we wouldn't want Splitter - we picked up Mozgov's team option this year but he'll be gone next year, no way we could afford him along with the rest. We'd have Splitter until the summer of 2018.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Cavs need some extra incentive for helping Spurs get LMA besides Splitter who they don't really need with Mozgov and Varejao.

Yea. I know they do, and know it'd help especially if Kyrie goes down again, they have someone who is capable of scoring. Just as a big fan of his, would hate to see him go.

AlexTmz2
06-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Also, Splitter and Mills would be solid additions to the Cavs roster. Not sure why the cav fans wouldn't want that..? It is a bit of a jam on the frontcourt though. But still, two great additions to the team if this does happen..

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Cavs are also meeting w/Mo Williams I think. Take him, let us keep Patty.

Clint Olbrock
06-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Yea that's not gonna happen. Their not giving up mills but you can dream so there's that.

Well you're going to have to give up something for us allowing you to dump the necessary salary to acquire LaMarcus, the name being mentioned right now is Mills which makes sense.

If not Splitter and Mills(which makes more sense) then it will be Diaw and Mills so there's that.

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2015, 04:05 PM

If it's the difference between getting LMA or not, you give up Mills and you don't think twice about it. Now if they can find another deal where they don't have to give up Mills, then that's another thing.

kingkenny01
06-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Skip bayless said he thinks Thiago splitter is a hall of famer, damn cavs how many hall of famers do you need? Stupid skip

AlexTmz2
06-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Haywood has a unique contract structure that allows any team to acquire him in a trade for actual outgoing salary, then immediately waive him so he doesn't count on their cap sheet. That's why the Cavaliers have been shopping Haywood in hopes of adding another player to improve their roster.

The Spurs are a logical trade partner for Haywood's deal. As we explained in this comprehensive guide, San Antonio must trim salary to be able to offer Aldridge a maximum contract. Depending on what happens with the Spurs' other free agents, a deal for Haywood's contract might do the trick.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/30/8871997/brendan-haywood-contract-trade-spurs-nba-free-agency

AlexTmz2
06-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Chris Haynes: Free agent guard Mo Williams anticipates meeting with #Cavs, league source tells @Clevelanddotcom. The team “very interested” in his return. Ryan Wolstat: Interesting. Cavs also have been linked to Cory Joseph.

Matthew R Tynan: My guess: It’s Splitter and CoJo. Rich Paul (CoJo’s agent) can get a deal done with the Spurs, then they’ll work out a sign-and-trade. Jeff McDonald: We’re told Cleveland is shopping for a scoring point guard, which Cory is not. LBJ/agent angle an interesting one.

TrueFan420
06-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Well you're going to have to give up something for us allowing you to dump the necessary salary to acquire LaMarcus, the name being mentioned right now is Mills which makes sense.

If not Splitter and Mills(which makes more sense) then it will be Diaw and Mills so there's that.

They'll probably offer a second rounder or euro player yet to come over or players low in the rotation but I seriously doubt they include mills just to dump splitter. And remember you guys need to move Haywood quickly as well. He has zero value outside of this non guaranteed contract. Splitter will give you another trade piece with value to move.

TrueFan420
06-30-2015, 04:17 PM
If it's the difference between getting LMA or not, you give up Mills and you don't think twice about it. Now if they can find another deal where they don't have to give up Mills, then that's another thing.
I get that but remember the cavs need to make a deal happen soon as well. Haywood's deal becomes guaranteed soon and his value as a trade piece drops significantly.

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2015, 05:25 PM
I get that but remember the cavs need to make a deal happen soon as well. Haywood's deal becomes guaranteed soon and his value as a trade piece drops significantly.

Cavs can find other partners to trade with. I think they can find a better deal than just Splitter, who doesn't really fill an area of need for them.

Also, do the Cavs want to risk helping the Spurs, and then what happens if they lose to them in the Finals again, then they will really wish they had gotten more. I think just the thought of that scenario happening will make them demand more.

cheetos185
06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Lebron needs shooters Calderon for Haywood. 😒