PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Kings speaking with Calipari about coach/FO position

InRoseWeTrust
06-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Would give him complete control

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kings--john-calipari--kentucky-195614697.html

Bron > Kobe
06-30-2015, 11:27 AM
The kings are a mess

LakersIn5
06-30-2015, 11:37 AM
I guess they really love cousins and he aint getting traded. Good.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2015, 11:40 AM
I feel sorry for Kings fans

Sactown
06-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Kings ownership denies this report.

However I do believe that

A) Vivek had a preliminary talk on wether he had interest John C would couch if the relationship between Divac , Karl, and Cousins was unfixable.

Or

B) Dan Fagen doesn't think the Kings will trade Cousins (because we won't ) and he is trying to bring back a potential deal for the Kings to hire Calipari and remove Karl

InRoseWeTrust
06-30-2015, 12:19 PM
For the record, I wouldn't have made this a thread if it was anyone other than Woj reporting it. If he says it, there is truth there.

IBleedPurple
06-30-2015, 12:20 PM
I doubt George Karl sleeps anymore. Cal is an overrated coach and an amazing recruiter IMO.

Aust
06-30-2015, 12:24 PM
If I'm Cal there's no way I leave the sweet gig I got now.

Burkey3472
06-30-2015, 12:28 PM
If I were Cousins I would want to get the hell out of there, they are an absolute mess right now.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Kings ownership denies this report.

However I do believe that

A) Vivek had a preliminary talk on wether he had interest John C would couch if the relationship between Divac , Karl, and Cousins was unfixable.

Or

B) Dan Fagen doesn't think the Kings will trade Cousins (because we won't ) and he is trying to bring back a potential deal for the Kings to hire Calipari and remove Karl

what do you hope the end result is?

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 12:33 PM

Sactown
06-30-2015, 12:38 PM
For the record, I wouldn't have made this a thread if it was anyone other than Woj reporting it. If he says it, there is truth there.

I didn't say there wasn't truth to his comments , but it doesn't give a timeline nor does it say they're making a push. He said "probing" I do believe they asked him if he would have interest of things with Karl and Cousins went south. I don't think they're however making a push and tried to throw Karl out

Calipari just stated he was not offered a job , I think he's protecting Vivek here , but still I dont think this was more than a friendly question about a what if scenario

Sactown
06-30-2015, 12:40 PM
what do you hope the end result is?

For the record I never liked George Karl , but I think the best result is to find a resolution between Karl and Cousins and we move from there .

I don't want any more changes I want some stability moving forward

Vinylman
06-30-2015, 12:45 PM

talk about PARSING words...

"looking"

"coaching position"

Sactown
06-30-2015, 12:47 PM
talk about PARSING words...

"looking"

"coaching position"

He also said he hasnt spoken to vivek about a job , he also is on his second year of a 74 million dollar contract ... He isn't going anywhere

Vinylman
06-30-2015, 01:06 PM
He also said he hasnt spoken to vivek about a job , he also is on his second year of a 74 million dollar contract ... He isn't going anywhere

Damn Sacto fans are defensive.

where did he say he hasn't talked to Vivek? You got a link?

Vinylman
06-30-2015, 01:11 PM

ummm not to be a stickler but the contract he signed last year was $52.5 million for 7 years... he did sign a 1 year extension for $8 million in May so right now he is owed around $53 million

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2015, 01:36 PM
This is a complete BS rumor if I've ever seen one. I'd love to have him though.

Sactown
06-30-2015, 04:17 PM
ummm not to be a stickler but the contract he signed last year was $52.5 million for 7 years... he did sign a 1 year extension for $8 million in May so right now he is owed around $53 million
You're right , after he turned down a 80 million dollar deal with the Cavs per ESPN ... However if youd like to take a gander at Johns Twitter you'll notice he's denied these rumors as well as the Kings president of operations ..

Has nothing to do with being defensive, fact remains an article was posted that is inaccurate , so in turn I decided to post some accurate information

AllBall
06-30-2015, 11:32 PM
If Woj is reporting this, one thing we can be sure of. George Karl will NOT be the head coach this upcoming season for the Kings.

Alayla
06-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Don't understand why people accept this as fact becuase this is coming from Woj the guy is nothing close to as reliable as people seem to think.

AllBall
07-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Don't understand why people accept this as fact becuase this is coming from Woj the guy is nothing close to as reliable as people seem to think.

Oh, so we're just going to make stuff up now because you don't like what Woj is reporting? I have yet to see the guy be unreliable.

JLynn943
07-01-2015, 12:04 AM

Woj is usually reliable, and he's the best around, but he's been wrong a lot with the Kings. I don't assume he's right when it comes to Sacramento.

Alayla
07-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Oh, so we're just going to make stuff up now because you don't like what Woj is reporting? I have yet to see the guy be unreliable.

Its not that i don't like what he is reporting first and foremost i don't know if you noticed but i am a 76ers fan.
Also both the Kings and the coach in question have publicly denied any truth in this rumor .
Finally i never said he was unreliable just that he is not as CONSISTENTLY reliable as people think.
Whenever the man writes something people consider it an open and shut case fact and it bothers me.

Alayla
07-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Woj is usually reliable, and he's the best around, but he's been wrong a lot with the Kings. I don't assume he's right when it comes to Sacramento.

Yeah don't get me wrong i'm not insulting the guy i just don't like how he is seemingly worshiped as god on PSD xD

AllBall
07-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Its not that i don't like what he is reporting first and foremost i don't know if you noticed but i am a 76ers fan.
Also both the Kings and the coach in question have publicly denied any truth in this rumor .
Finally i never said he was unreliable just that he is not as CONSISTENTLY reliable as people think.
Whenever the man writes something people consider it an open and shut case fact and it bothers me.

You do realize that either you are reliable or you are not. Its the very definition of the word. There is no in between. He is the most respected in the industry because he is consistent.

Alayla
07-01-2015, 12:50 AM
You do realize that either you are reliable or you are not. Its the very definition of the word. There is no in between. He is the most respected in the industry because he is consistent.

I don't care how respected he is the fact of the matter is he is a human being and its not unnatural for him to be wrong.
Also do not speak down to me i'm sure my vocabulary is as extensive as yours.
One way or another i see people jumping on anyone who questions the report and that's where im taking issue.

Sactown
07-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Woj is meticulous with his his word usage for one, for two if you follow the Kings as methodically as I do, you'd know that Dan Fagen is his source and just in Dan Fagen fashion is trying to push and pull for the trade of DMC or finding a replacement for Karl.

Until Divac is rumored to be involved in something you might as well write it off too Dan Fagen