PDA

View Full Version : Royce White: I will fly for the Clippers, no special arrangements needed

Clippersfan86
06-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Interesting tweets from the Clippers beat writer today that give me hope this can actually work.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch
Agent Brian Brundage said Royce White has been impressed with the Clippers' willingness to understand his issues so they can help him.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch
Agent Brian Brundage said Royce White does have doctor-prescribed medication he can take on flights for any anxiety that arises.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch
Agent Brian Brundage: "We could have 29 other teams coming to us after the summer but we’re going to have some major loyalty to the Clippers

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch
Agent Brian Brundage said Royce White has never said he wouldn't take a flight and would be willing to take team flights with Clippers.

Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch
Royce White's agent, Brian Brundage, said he is taking cross-country flight to Orlando and would need no special arrangements with Clippers.

The kid has a ton of talent. Hope he buys in. If him and Lance Stephenson pan out... watch out!

lakerboy
06-29-2015, 03:23 PM
This kid's got talent, but too emotional

5ass
06-29-2015, 03:38 PM
I think he should try the rockets first if they're interested. He owes them.

jimm120
06-29-2015, 03:48 PM
the problem is that the rockets accommodated him a lot and he still asked for more and kept saying that they weren't.

He's gone and said he needs help and that this and that...but end of the day, he kept going back to demands that teams accommodate and he didn't respond even then.

shep33
06-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Glad that he's got his anxiety under control. But realistically, it'll be difficult for him to be a significant nba player at this point.

sep11ie
06-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Lol, I HOPE he goes to the Clips. Watch that emotionally unstable mangirl throw a hissy fit the first time CP3 screams at him.

raiderposting
06-29-2015, 04:18 PM
Come on now happy he got his head straight but he ain't never gonna be ****

Clippersfan86
06-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Come on now happy he got his head straight but he ain't never gonna be ****

Bold to say about a 22 year old who looked like Lebron Lite just a couple years ago in college.

raiderposting
06-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Wishful thinking

raiderposting
06-29-2015, 04:32 PM
And he's 24 with 3 years of nothing

IndyRealist
06-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Bold to say about a 22 year old who looked like Lebron Lite just a couple years ago in college.

Except he didn't look like Lebron lite. He basically played point center and their entire offense ran through him, which is why he put up such crazy numbers. Conditioning is a HUGE issue for him, ever since he saw his friend have a heart attack doing wind sprints in high school he gets panic attacks doing any sort of cardio. While he has a natural feel for the game and good court vision, he also takes unnecessarily risky passes and bad shots just because. I'm not sure how he'll do in an up tempo system with the ball in CP3's hands, he's more of a half-court decision maker.

Not trying to be contrary, I just did a LOT of research on him during that draft, because it looked like the Pacers wanted him badly, and he might drop.

Avenged
06-29-2015, 04:39 PM
null

Yeah yeah yeah. You been saying watch out since you got Chris Paul.

Still waiting..

Htownballa1622
06-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Lmao.

Doc can't be that desperate .

goingfor28
06-29-2015, 05:00 PM
What a hero

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm so inspired by Royce

xbrackattackx
06-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Lol, I HOPE he goes to the Clips. Watch that emotionally unstable mangirl throw a hissy fit the first time CP3 screams at him.

You must not deal with anxiety it's not just being emotional. Read a book. Educate yourself.

lamzoka
06-29-2015, 05:13 PM
His bank account is running low. That's all.

raiderposting
06-29-2015, 05:15 PM
You must not deal with anxiety it's not just being emotional. Read a book. Educate yourself.

He just got brack attacked

sep11ie
06-29-2015, 05:21 PM

He is a head case. It is more than an anxiety problem with him. He lied his way through post draft interviews, lied to the Rockets when he got here and lied to the media about how is situation was handled.

Munkeysuit
06-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Royce White is a big crybaby...his mental issues aside, he has got to understand that the world doesn't need to accommodate him for his situation, the NBA (Houston Rockets) recognized his talent and acknowledged it by drafting him! thats a huge blessing! if he isn't willing to meet half way, man up and try to take some responsibility and actually make an effort to maximize this opportunity? I don't see how any team can support this guy at all.
I mean I can sympathize with dude and in no way am I disregarding the fact that he has an impairment, but there are tons of people with his condition that try their best to get by every single day! they go to work, they work in schools that teach our kids, they drive the buses we travel on and maybe even enforce the law that protects us! he needs to stfu and take advantage of this blessing and play basketball...play this game that even kids can play and get paid for it.

numba1CHANGsta
06-29-2015, 05:25 PM
Who's Royce White?

Showtime Steve
06-29-2015, 05:34 PM
I think he should try the rockets first if they're interested. He owes them.

Really he does. He swore it wasn't going to be a problem, that's why they drafted him.

IndyRealist
06-29-2015, 05:37 PM
His bank account is running low. That's all.

I really hope no one would give him a guaranteed contract.

BIG worm
06-29-2015, 06:41 PM
No one should sign this clown. He's lazy and entitled. I have battled anxiety myself, and continue to do so. I have had to deal with work related anxiety issues, but in order to keep my job, I bucked up, took my meds if necessary and did what the hell I had to do to feed my family. **** Royce, he's looking for another free check.

beasted86
06-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Whatever Owner/GM is dumb enough to sign this guy, I hope they get hit with an ADA law suit when it flames out and White finds an ace lawyer with something to prove.

Sue the snot out of those clowns stating that they knew about his disability and didn't provide him with "reasonable accommodation." I would be so happy for this loser to get his settlement.

Corey
06-29-2015, 09:49 PM

Lmfao no he didnt.

Clippersfan86
06-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Lmfao no he didnt.

Maybe closer to Boris Diaw. The point is he's a very versatile, point PF type player who's high skill. It's weird to write him off as a PLAYER because of how he acted OFF the court, which is what people in here are doing.

alexander_37
06-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Lebron lite is pushing it but he is a phenomenal passer out of the post and has a ton of offensive skill.

raiderposting
06-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Maybe closer to Boris Diaw. The point is he's a very versatile, point PF type player who's high skill. It's weird to write him off as a PLAYER because of how he acted OFF the court, which is what people in here are doing.

No it's not. He got drafted 3 years ago and has played 9 total nba minutes. I could say "if" about anything. If Jordan Clarkson pans out as the greatest player of all time...WATCH OUT!

Clippersfan86
06-29-2015, 11:22 PM
No it's not. He got drafted 3 years ago and has played 9 total nba minutes. I could say "if" about anything. If Jordan Clarkson pans out as the greatest player of all time...WATCH OUT!

Due to OFF the court issues. If you watched him in college you'd see the skills.

raiderposting
06-29-2015, 11:41 PM
Due to OFF the court issues. If you watched him in college you'd see the skills.

He hasn't been ON THE COURT. AT ALL!

Cracka2HI!
06-30-2015, 01:18 AM
I have a little experience with anxiety. For some it gets better the older they get and the better they understand the meds. Hopefully that is what is happening for Royce. If he has really bad anxiety it would make sense for him to wise up and play professional basketball. The real world and especially money problems with anxiety is WAY more stressful than anxiety itself.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2015, 02:08 AM

You are the biggest troll on this forum---and that's coming from me.

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2015, 02:25 AM
Anxiety? Take a pill and get over it already. The NBA boat has sailed, Royce. No place in the real world for that BS. Man up or die off. He played college ball just fine. Damn swindler.

SMH!
06-30-2015, 02:32 AM

oh yeah? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mgjohnson7851
06-30-2015, 02:49 AM
Man I'm sure he has anxiety, but I don't know if it's as bad as he is making it sound. People with really high anxiety don't get kicked off a college basketball team for stealing from a Macy's and shoving down a security guard. The guy has been a punk long before the Rockets fiasco started.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2015, 03:25 AM
I hope he makes it this time. I'm interested to see how good he can be in the NBA. I really liked his college game. I think Lebron Lite is pushing it. I say he was more like the equivalent of Coran Butler in college and definitely below Jamaal Mashburn in college.

Avenged
06-30-2015, 03:52 AM
Lmfao no he didnt.

Lmfao he went from Lebron to Boris ****ing Diaw? Hahaha

naps
06-30-2015, 04:56 AM

Man, you really start overhyping players that somehow are connected to the Clippers. It doesn't matter how talented you are if you are dealing issues like him and being away from competitive basketball for so long. It's one thing for an NBA vet to come out of retirement and play ball because they adjusted and perfected their skills and specialties over a long time at a professional level but it's a wholly different thing for someone who came outta college and didnt even step on the pro-level and stayed away from it for this long.

naps
06-30-2015, 05:15 AM
Lmfao he went from Lebron to Boris ****ing Diaw? Hahaha

Exactly what I was thinking lol. Remember those threads he used to make often how improved Deandre Jordan/B Griffin is and people need to take notice? It was almost like he wanted to shove it down our throats.

IBleedPurple
06-30-2015, 05:31 AM
Anxiety? Take a pill and get over it already. The NBA boat has sailed, Royce. No place in the real world for that BS. Man up or die off. He played college ball just fine. Damn swindler.Pretty harsh, and lacking understanding. Royce specifically may be a lost cause, but don't over simplify. I must admit I had similar views until recently when anxiety affected me. To put it simply, it sucks.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2015, 07:20 AM

Do you watch basketball?

ATX
06-30-2015, 09:15 AM
I hoped I'd heard the last of Royce White. Guess not...

Hawkeye15
06-30-2015, 09:52 AM

way more than anxiety going on with this kid. He is a self centered kid who basically lied his way through the draft process, and plays a victim all the time.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Guys the nitpicking about who his game resembles is dumb. A poor man's Lebron (what I meant by lite) isn't much different skillset wise than Boris Diaw. The reason I mentioned Lebron first is because he's a lot more athletic and the same exact size/build pretty much to Lebron. Royce like Lebron/Diaw is a Point Forward who does the bulk of his team's playmaking when on the floor, and has a very versatile skillset. Obviously I'm not thinking he will be that good, just more saying his natural abilities/style. Even if he will never likely fulfill his potential.

So no I'm not trolling and no I'm not saying he's going to work out for the Clippers. I'm just stating what kind of player he was in college and sharing what his agent said. I'm right there with you guys that he's a scum for what he did to the Rockets/Sixers and he's going to need to really prove himself for me to become a fan of his if he makes the roster (which he very well may not).

lakerfan85
06-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Scottie Pippen 2.0??

Vinylman
06-30-2015, 11:22 AM

omfg dude... why is it that every guy the Clipps are looking at is some unbelievable catch?

do you see Lakers fans coming in here comparing Robert Upshaw to Wilt?

This in no way is main forum thread worthy...

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Anxiety? Take a pill and get over it already. The NBA boat has sailed, Royce. No place in the real world for that BS. Man up or die off. He played college ball just fine. Damn swindler.

If it were that easy, everyone would do it who suffers from it lol

raiderposting
06-30-2015, 11:47 AM
omfg dude... why is it that every guy the Clipps are looking at is some unbelievable catch?

do you see Lakers fans coming in here comparing Robert Upshaw to Wilt?

This in no way is main forum thread worthy...

I think we know upshaw>wilt.

If upshaw can get his life together WATCH OUT

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Pretty harsh, and lacking understanding. Royce specifically may be a lost cause, but don't over simplify. I must admit I had similar views until recently when anxiety affected me. To put it simply, it sucks.I am harsh sometimes. I used to have terrible anxiety myself, but I broke through bit by bit and now I am fine. Still have flare-ups, but mostly no biggie. There's more to this dude, fo'sho. Definitely thug traits, stealing, ego and whatnot. I hope Clippers don't get sucked in. They got championship contention to worry about. Put him down in the D-League, maybe.

kobe4thewinbang
06-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Pretty harsh, and lacking understanding. Royce specifically may be a lost cause, but don't over simplify. I must admit I had similar views until recently when anxiety affected me. To put it simply, it sucks.I am harsh sometimes. I used to have terrible anxiety myself, but I broke through bit by bit and now I am fine. Still have flare-ups, but mostly no biggie. There's more to this dude, fo'sho. Definitely thug traits, stealing, ego and whatnot. I hope Clippers don't get sucked in. They got championship contention to worry about. Put him down in the D-League, maybe.

tr3ymill3r
06-30-2015, 01:11 PM
He said the same thing when he was drafted too. The dude is a con artist. Does anyone find it interesting that he was drafted a few years ago and just now is looking to make a comeback? It's safe to assume he ran through his initial contract and now wants another pay day.

IBleedPurple
06-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Pretty harsh, and lacking understanding. Royce specifically may be a lost cause, but don't over simplify. I must admit I had similar views until recently when anxiety affected me. To put it simply, it sucks.I am harsh sometimes. I used to have terrible anxiety myself, but I broke through bit by bit and now I am fine. Still have flare-ups, but mostly no biggie. There's more to this dude, fo'sho. Definitely thug traits, stealing, ego and whatnot. I hope Clippers don't get sucked in. They got championship contention to worry about. Put him down in the D-League, maybe.Glad you got better, congrats. I don't disagree at all on Royce, too many issues and personality traits to trust IMO. I would steer clear.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2015, 05:42 PM
He said the same thing when he was drafted too. The dude is a con artist. Does anyone find it interesting that he was drafted a few years ago and just now is looking to make a comeback? It's safe to assume he ran through his initial contract and now wants another pay day.

yep