06-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Per Marc Stein & David Aldridge

Not big news, but he was expected to opt out. Miami caught another break

J_M_B
06-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Mods feel free to move this if it isn't thread worthy

TrueFan420
06-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Thread worthy and itneresting that's good for them.

DanG
06-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Do they have enough to resign wade & dragic? I'm not really good with the cap space **** lmao.

J_M_B
06-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Do they have enough to resign wade & dragic? I'm not really good with the cap space **** lmao.

Yes, they own their bird rights.

NYKnickFanatic
06-29-2015, 03:29 PM
I think it's thread worthy, considering he was supposed to opt out.

TylerSL
06-29-2015, 03:37 PM
That's terrific news, I was really hoping he would. It also makes a lot of sense as I find it unlikely Deng would have been able to get a multi year contract for $10+ million. By opting in and taking the $10 million next season allows him to be an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016, when the cap increases 32.6%. Deng will be able to get more money at less value next summer, so by waiting to become a free agent he's doing himself a favor. More players should be opting in this year so they can become free agents in the summer of 2016.

It also works out for Miami because he fills a big need on the perimeter for us and Deng is another veteran who can help Winslow. Anther reason I am extremely happy about this is next year we will be able to see what this team can do. Last season, we did not get to see what the team Riley built in the wake of the Lebron James departure could do because of injuries. Assuming we retain Wade/Dragic (we are the heavy favorites to retain both) next year we should be able to see what this team can do. I'd rather not use the MLE this summer to save space for next year so hopefully Napier and Ennis continue to develop and maybe try to get into the rotation next season.

PG. Dragic/Chalmers/Napier
SG. Wade/Ennis/Johnson/Zoran
SF. Deng/Winslow/Walker
PF. Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
C. Whiteside/Birdman

I'd love to see what that team could do against the Eastern Conference. Only team I'd really be worried about is Cleveland.

North Yorker
06-29-2015, 03:43 PM
^That team looks very good on paper. Would depend how healthy Bosh/Wade/Deng are next season.

TylerSL
06-29-2015, 03:49 PM
^That team looks very good on paper. Would depend how healthy Bosh/Wade/Deng are next season.

Agreed. I would consider it a healthy season if Wade and McRoberts played 60+ games, and everyone else 70+. That to me would be ideal.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-29-2015, 04:02 PM
This a great news for us. This creates a perfect scenario for Winslow to grow and develop behind Wade an Deng.

KnicksorBust
06-29-2015, 07:45 PM
That's terrific news, I was really hoping he would. It also makes a lot of sense as I find it unlikely Deng would have been able to get a multi year contract for $10+ million. By opting in and taking the $10 million next season allows him to be an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016, when the cap increases 32.6%. Deng will be able to get more money at less value next summer, so by waiting to become a free agent he's doing himself a favor. More players should be opting in this year so they can become free agents in the summer of 2016.

It also works out for Miami because he fills a big need on the perimeter for us and Deng is another veteran who can help Winslow. Anther reason I am extremely happy about this is next year we will be able to see what this team can do. Last season, we did not get to see what the team Riley built in the wake of the Lebron James departure could do because of injuries. Assuming we retain Wade/Dragic (we are the heavy favorites to retain both) next year we should be able to see what this team can do. I'd rather not use the MLE this summer to save space for next year so hopefully Napier and Ennis continue to develop and maybe try to get into the rotation next season.

SF. Deng/Winslow/Walker
C. Whiteside/Birdman

I'd love to see what that team could do against the Eastern Conference. Only team I'd really be worried about is Cleveland.

And considering Dragic can play off the ball that lineup is stacked. If the Heat stay healthy that team is a real threat in the East. What is the latest on Bosh?

Bartlee23
06-29-2015, 08:48 PM

SF. Deng/Winslow/Walker
C. Whiteside/Birdman

The only problem is Wade wants to get paid and I don't see where they are going to get the money? Deng because of injuries/minutes in Chicago is probably 5 years older than his age. Bosh is not a leader and the rest of that team really has accomplished nothing. It's the Eastern conference though where a 40 win team is playoff bound where anything could happen...

jason6692
06-29-2015, 08:59 PM
I kinda believe in the depth of this team
Coming from a mavs fan im still undefeated with the heat in 2k Dragic jump shot like a prime steve nash in that game.

beasted86
06-29-2015, 09:07 PM
The HEAT can keep the team above together if Arison wants. It all depends on how much luxury tax he's willing to pay, and whether they want to remain flexible for 2016 depending on how they pay Wade (1yr max or multi-year extension).

But if they want to pull a "Brooklyn" and pay Wade a max, Dragic a max, and still spend the MLE, they can technically do it. They have Bird rights, they don't need cap space.

beasted86
06-29-2015, 09:09 PM
And considering Dragic can play off the ball that lineup is stacked. If the Heat stay healthy that team is a real threat in the East. What is the latest on Bosh?

Bosh already resumed workouts and is expected in training camp 100%

WITZ
06-29-2015, 10:29 PM
The HEAT can keep the team above together if Arison wants. It all depends on how much luxury tax he's willing to pay, and whether they want to remain flexible for 2016 depending on how they pay Wade (1yr max or multi-year extension).

But if they want to pull a "Brooklyn" and pay Wade a max, Dragic a max, and still spend the MLE, they can technically do it. They have Bird rights, they don't need cap space.

Considering he got rid of Mike Miller cause he didn't want to pay luxury tax, I wouldn't like my chances on him doing that.

beasted86
06-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Considering he got rid of Mike Miller cause he didn't want to pay luxury tax, I wouldn't like my chances on him doing that.

Arison has paid the tax 6 seasons already and is 6th highest in taxes paid so far.

I can't say for sure how Arison is going on this. I expect him to be cautious though since the HEAT will be the first team to pay the repeater rate.

TylerSL
06-29-2015, 11:07 PM
The only problem is Wade wants to get paid and I don't see where they are going to get the money? Deng because of injuries/minutes in Chicago is probably 5 years older than his age. Bosh is not a leader and the rest of that team really has accomplished nothing. It's the Eastern conference though where a 40 win team is playoff bound where anything could happen...

Well once we handle Wade/Dragic contract's we are going to be way into the tax. It also doesn't help that we will be repeat offenders because of the Big 3 era. So ownership is really going to have to bite one, but Dwyane Wade should be worth it to this organization and if he isn't I don't know if I could be a fan of them. Dwyane Wade is Miami and having to pay a couple million in ridiculous taxes that shouldn't even be implemented is worth it. Micky Arison should try to push the rest of the owners to change the luxury tax rules in the next CBA. Luxury tax is stupid anyway, fining teams for wanting to be competitive.....

mrblisterdundee
06-29-2015, 11:11 PM
I think the Heat would be better off if Wade and Deng left. It would be great if they could trade Bosh, but with his health concerns and him being 31, I don't see anyone taking on his long-term contract.
Focus on Dragic, Whiteside, Winslow and Bosh. Save money by letting Wade go to a contender, and hit free agency swinging max money at guys like Cousins, Jordan and Butler.

TylerSL
06-29-2015, 11:11 PM

Bosh returned to the court this month but I do not believe he is doing any contact work yet. He claims he will be ready in September at the start of training camp.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/03/chris-bosh-returns-to-court-four-months-after-being-sidelined-with-blood-clots-on-his-lung/

Bartlee23
06-29-2015, 11:28 PM
Well once we handle Wade/Dragic contract's we are going to be way into the tax. It also doesn't help that we will be repeat offenders because of the Big 3 era. So ownership is really going to have to bite one, but Dwyane Wade should be worth it to this organization and if he isn't I don't know if I could be a fan of them. Dwyane Wade is Miami and having to pay a couple million in ridiculous taxes that shouldn't even be implemented is worth it. Micky Arison should try to push the rest of the owners to change the luxury tax rules in the next CBA. Luxury tax is stupid anyway, fining teams for wanting to be competitive.....

I agree with you. I am a big fan of players being loyal to their teams and spending their careers with one team provided that the organization treats them fair. I do understand it's a business but I am not a fan of the forming these superteams. If your organization is not smart enough to put together a good team by smart drafting and logical free agent signings then maybe it's time to rethink what your goals are. Being competitive should always be your goal but it has to be fair. I would love to see some of the smaller market teams be able to afford to keep their players,have them want to play there and really have some good rivalries again.

Can't imagine Wade in another jersey (please not Cleveland ) I don't know if I could watch that. Wade is Miami and to not pay the guy is insane. Too bad things weren't like they were in past years.