PDA

View Full Version : OFF-SEASON top free agent landing spots.

jason6692
06-28-2015, 09:17 PM
where do you think the NBA's top free agents will be taking their talents this offseason ? these are all unrestricted

lebron ( only cuz he is )
Aldridge
DJ
love
gasol
wade
dragic
danny green
millsap
brook lopez
tyson chandler
monroe
mathews
carroll
ellis

Dade County
06-28-2015, 09:29 PM
HEAT:

Wade
Dragic
Danny green

Ship out Rio, Birdman and try to do something with Deng if he opts in.

LMA:
Spurs, Houston or Lakers

Gasol:
Bulls

jason6692
06-28-2015, 09:34 PM
HEAT:

Wade
Dragic
Danny green

Ship out Rio, Birdman and try to do something with Deng if he opts in.

LMA:
Spurs, Houston or Lakers

Gasol:
Bulls

you think the heat get green as well as dragic and wade ?
what do you see greens role being ?

numba1CHANGsta
06-28-2015, 10:09 PM
heat:

Wade
dragic
danny green

ship out rio, birdman and try to do something with deng if he opts in.

Lma:
Spurs, houston or lakers

gasol:
Bulls

lol

mudvayne387
06-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Lebron - CLE
Aldridge - SA
DJ - LAC
Love -CLE
gasol -MEM
Wade - MIA
Dragic - MIA
Danny Green - NYK
Millsap - ATL
Brook Lopez - BKY
Tyson Chandler - DAL
Monroe - NYK
Mathews - BOS
Carroll - LAL
Ellis - IND

Dade County
06-28-2015, 11:03 PM
you think the heat get green as well as dragic and wade ?
what do you see greens role being ?

(Green)
Just wishful thinking on my part.

I just know that Miami needs a shooter in there starting lineup.

Deng can not be in that rotation, teams don't have to respect the 3 point line; and just having Bosh stand out there limits all the things he can do.

lol

lol

Parasyte
06-28-2015, 11:36 PM
If these guys can ride it out for a year and wait for the massive cap increase next summer, the Lakers will be back in play with their spending power. Durant might be a possibility especially if nothing happens with the Thunder again this year.

FriedTofuz
06-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Lakers:
LMA
MONROE

Mavericks:
DeAndre Jordan

Cavs:

Kevin Love
Lebron

Atlanta:
Demarre Carrol

Spurs:
Gasol

lamzoka
06-29-2015, 12:06 AM
where do you think the NBA's top free agents will be taking their talents this offseason ? these are all unrestricted

lebron---- Cavs

Aldridge-----Spurs

DJ----- Lakers

love----- Cavs

gasol---- Grizz

wade----- Heat

dragic------Heat

danny green------Spurs

millsap-----Hawks

brook lopez-----Nets

tyson chandler---- Clippers

monroe-----Knicks

mathews------ Celtics

carroll------ Knicks

ellis-------Sixers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint Olbrock
06-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Lebron, Love and Wade to CLE.

kobe4thewinbang
06-29-2015, 12:47 AM
I wonder if Aldridge and Dwight have beef or want to be teammates because Bosh nearly joined the Rockets and his skill set is similar to that of Aldridge. Would make Houston formidable. Or will Aldridge predictably sign with Spurs, though I wonder who'd play center. Might lead to friction since Duncan still has fuel in the tank. Be funny if Duncan actually moves to C.

Danny Green could sign anywhere...

I think DeAndre will become a Maverick.

D-Wade to Cavaliers would be a huge improvement over JR Smith.

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2015, 12:49 AM
lebron ( only cuz he is ) - CLE
Aldridge - SA
DJ - DAL
love - BOS
gasol - MEM
wade - MIA
dragic - MIA
danny green - NYK
millsap - ATL
brook lopez -BOS
tyson chandler - LAL
monroe - NYK
mathews - PHX
carroll - ATL
ellis - DET

mbsalame123
06-29-2015, 01:13 AM
lebron ( only cuz he is ) - cavs
Aldridge - spurs
DJ - mavericks (signed and traded for tyson chandler and raymond felton)
love - cavs
gasol - grizzlies
wade - heat
dragic - heat
danny green - pistons or knicks
millsap - hawks
brook lopez - nets
tyson chandler - clippers (sign and trade for jordan)
monroe - knicks
mathews - blazers (he's coming off of an injury so his best bet is to stay in a system he's used to)
carroll - hawks or pistons (new hawks management will be willing to spend)
ellis - pacers (he has the hawks and heat as his favorites but pacers are best, unless the hawks lose carroll)

You forgot to put tobias harris, arron afflalo and rajon rondo along with paul pierce and david west so here are my predictions for them:

david west - knicks
rajon rondo - kings
tobias harris - celtics or lakers (I think lakers will be too focused on jimmy butler and big men instead)
arron afflalo - mavericks or lakers

What about trades?

I think Roy Hibbert, Ty Lawson, Taj Gibson and Marcus Smart have a high possibility of getting traded.

In my opinion Roy Hibbert could be dealt to the Lakers if they miss out on free agent big men, in a trade for Jordan Hill. I see the bulls trading Taj Gibson (after drafting bobby portis) to possibly the pacers or the raptors (raptors give up ross for him). I see marcus smart possibly being dealt in a mega deal involving multiple draft picks and jared sullinger to the kings for demarcus cousins (if the kings decide they want to trade cousins). But if the Kings end up sticking their route and sign rondo (like I predict) then I think Smart gets traded to a team like the Rockets or somewhere else that I can't think of haha.

As far as Ty Lawson goes, it is hard to imagine where he ends up as I think teams are going to be more focused on free agency and lawson will become a backup plan for teams. I can see the mavericks or rockets being primary suitors. Although, I don't know what they would offer. I can see the Kings as well but I feel like they have nothing to offer outside of cousins that would interest the nuggets. I can see him being packaged in a deal with either faried or wilson chandler or both for some draft picks and young players. I think he will ultimately end up with the Rockets in a trade that sends back Terrence Jones, Kostas papanikolaou and draft picks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Aldridge - spurs
love - cavs
gasol - grizzlies
wade - heat
dragic - heat
millsap - hawks
brook lopez - nets
monroe - knicks
mathews - blazers (he's coming off of an injury so his best bet is to stay in a system he's used to)
ellis - pacers (he has the hawks and heat as his favorites but pacers are best, unless the hawks lose carroll)

You forgot to put tobias harris, arron afflalo and rajon rondo along with paul pierce and david west so here are my predictions for them:

david west - knicks
rajon rondo - kings
tobias harris - celtics or lakers (I think lakers will be too focused on jimmy butler and big men instead)

What about trades?

I think Roy Hibbert, Ty Lawson, Taj Gibson and Marcus Smart have a high possibility of getting traded.

In my opinion Roy Hibbert could be dealt to the Lakers if they miss out on free agent big men, in a trade for Jordan Hill. I see the bulls trading Taj Gibson (after drafting bobby portis) to possibly the pacers or the raptors (raptors give up ross for him). I see marcus smart possibly being dealt in a mega deal involving multiple draft picks and jared sullinger to the kings for demarcus cousins (if the kings decide they want to trade cousins). But if the Kings end up sticking their route and sign rondo (like I predict) then I think Smart gets traded to a team like the Rockets or somewhere else that I can't think of haha.

As far as Ty Lawson goes, it is hard to imagine where he ends up as I think teams are going to be more focused on free agency and lawson will become a backup plan for teams. I can see the mavericks or rockets being primary suitors. Although, I don't know what they would offer. I can see the Kings as well but I feel like they have nothing to offer outside of cousins that would interest the nuggets. I can see him being packaged in a deal with either faried or wilson chandler or both for some draft picks and young players. I think he will ultimately end up with the Rockets in a trade that sends back Terrence Jones, Kostas papanikolaou and draft picks.

Rockets are rumored to trying to get a max cap slot for Love or Aldridge. But most of them tweets only mentioned Jones and #18 pick. Would take more then that to make a max cap slot. Probably Ariza and Jones and Papa and renounce a few players. Rockets have to hope a team with cap like Bucks or Celtics or 76ers would eat some of them players in a three team deal or separate deal. Or unless Blazers or Cavs agree to a sign and trade with Rockets for either Love or Aldridge.

Jarvo
06-29-2015, 12:56 PM
All I want is LMA or Gasol to be on The Spurs and we keep Green some how some way but if we get LMA or Gasol we won't.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-29-2015, 02:08 PM
All I want is LMA or Gasol to be on The Spurs and we keep Green some how some way but if we get LMA or Gasol we won't.

Spurs would have to salary dump Splitter. They already said no to that but i'm sure they could change their minds.

Mave1002
06-30-2015, 12:06 AM
If we could ship out Nick Young, well have a cap of approximately $29M.

1.) Given that we get LMA, he gets around ($19M)

2.) Initially I wanted Tyson Chandler, but now im learning towards Robin Lopez ($6-7M)

3.) For the remainder, Id like to have Norris Cole / KJ McDaniels ($4M split)

Vets min: Prince / Beasley

Lopez-Black-Upshaw
Aldridge-Randle
Beasley-McDaniels-Brown
Kobe-Clarkson
Cole-Russell

naps
06-30-2015, 12:47 AM
I wonder if Aldridge and Dwight have beef or want to be teammates because Bosh nearly joined the Rockets and his skill set is similar to that of Aldridge. Would make Houston formidable. Or will Aldridge predictably sign with Spurs, though I wonder who'd play center. Might lead to friction since Duncan still has fuel in the tank. Be funny if Duncan actually moves to C.

Danny Green could sign anywhere...

I think DeAndre will become a Maverick.

D-Wade to Cavaliers would be a huge improvement over JR Smith.

Duncan being a PF is the greatest lie in basketball. He is a center and has always been, who is also capable of playing PF.

jason6692
06-30-2015, 01:05 AM
Aldridge - spurs
love - cavs
gasol - grizzlies
wade - heat
dragic - heat
millsap - hawks
brook lopez - nets
monroe - knicks

david west - knicks
rajon rondo - kings

What about trades?

I didnt include tobias because he is rfa as a mavs fan its hard for me to consider rondo a top fa he looked done. As far as david west and AA go i feel like all players mentioed r better and i didnt wanna make the list too long lol

TylerSL
06-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Now that we know who is going to become a free agent and who isn't, and who has cap and who doesn't, where do you expect the top NBA free agents will go? Predict where the top 30 free agents will end up. I'll start

1. Lebron James-Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Marc Gasol-Memphis Grizzlies
3. LaMarcus Aldridge-San Antonio Spurs
4. Kawhi Leonard-San Antonio Spurs
5. Dwyane Wade-Miami Heat
6. Kevin Love-Cleveland Cavaliers
7. DeAndre Jordan-Los Angeles Lakers
8. Jimmy Butler-Chicago Bulls
9. Goran Dragic-Miami Heat
10. Draymond Green-Golden State Warriors
11. Tim Duncan-San Antonio Spurs
12. Brook Lopez-Brooklyn Nets
13. Paul Millsap-Houston Rockets
14. Monta Ellis-Indiana Pacers
15. Greg Monroe-New York Knicks
16. Khris Middleton-Milwaukee Bucks
17. Brandon Knight-Milwaukee Bucks
18. Reggie Jackson-Detroit Pistons
19. DeMarre Carroll-Dallas Mavericks
20. Tyson Chandler-Dallas Mavericks
21. Tristan Thompson-Cleveland Cavaliers
22. Lou Williams-Toronto Raptors
23. Danny Green-Toronto Raptors
24. Wesley Matthews-Phoenix Suns
25. Tobias Harris-Orlando Magic
26. Josh Smith-Houston Rockets
27. Enes Kanter-Oklahoma City Thunder
28. David West-New York Knicks
29. Paul Pierce-Washington Wizards
30. J.R. Smith-Cleveland Cavaliers

So I believe most players will end up staying with their current organizations. The biggest moves IMO will be Aldridge to the Spurs, and D'Andre Jordan to the Lakers. I think after taking meetings with other teams both Love and Wade stick around with their respective teams and guys like Gasol, Dragic, and Kawhi re-sign basically immediately. I could possibly see Butler and Draymond Green signing offer sheets with other teams before being matched by the Bulls and Warriors respectively.

Of the more minor free agents, I believe Millsap will be the stretch PF Houston ends up with and Wesley Matthews will be a Sun. I think the Knicks sign both Greg Monroe and David West. DeMarre Carroll will be heavily sought after and Mark Cuban will win the bid for his services. I think Toronto will over-pay for Danny Green (probably offer him close to $10 million/year) and Paul Pierce picks one more run with Washington over the Clippers after D'Andre Jordan leaves. Finally I believe Cleveland will go deep in the luxury after retaining both Thompson and J.R. Smith.

Discuss