PDA

View Full Version : HEAT select SG Josh Richardson #40

ATX
06-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Josh Richardson is a 21 year old, 6'6, 200 lbs. shooting guard from Tennessee. He averaged 16 PPG, 4.5 RPG, and 3.6 APG last year. He was also a 1st team All-Defense as a senior.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2015/6/25/8849219/2015-nba-draft-miami-heat-selection-josh-richardson

"We had Josh Richardson on our board in the first round."

-Pat Riley

Richardson was named to the Associated Press and Coaches All-SEC first teams, the SEC All-Defensive Team and the Defensive All-American Team. He was also selected to the SEC Community Service Team.

The goal is to emerge as the type of 3-and-D wing that Heat President Pat Riley said the NBA has come to covet.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-josh-richardson-s062614-story.html

Richardson really was a jack of all trades during his Tennessee career, and a master defensively when not labored with 36 minutes in a high-pressure system. His work ethic is proven by his consistent improvement through two different coaching staffs, both as the third option on a Sweet 16 team and the only option playing out of position on a .500 team. If he continues to progress, especially offensively, I can see Richardson carving out the kind of career C.J. Watson has in the league with 18-24 minutes a night off the bench. Richardson can be a steady rotation guy who's going to give you excellent defense when a more talented player has to sub out but the other team leaves their best player on the floor. His offensive game by NBA standards would be solid but not spectacular at the moment. But the way he matured in Knoxville, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him continue to develop and earn even more minutes along the way.

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2015/6/24/8833717/josh-richardson-nba-draft-tennessee

More from Richardson.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2015/6/27/8856201/josh-richardson-q-a-miami-heat-summer-league-nba-draft-2015

hotdalton18
06-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Yah Richardson is Fast , good on the break and plays good defense

Seems like what were going for

king james
06-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Take a look at his season highlights and his workout highlights and you will see how he improved on his shooting in a few months since the season ended. Big difference imo. If that's the kind of improvement he's going to make during his time here with the Heat, that's a good thing. Cuz anyone that has played basketball knows how hard it can be to change your shooting techniques. I know firsthand and it's not easy.

KingOfDaNorth
06-28-2015, 04:17 PM
I look for him to make the final roster this summer.

MiamiBoy77
06-28-2015, 05:01 PM
He was forced to play the point his senior year of college because he was the only good player on the team.

I think this makes it easy to get rid of Rio or I could see him going overseas for a year like Ennis. Either way I like his upside.

hotdalton18
06-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Pat had him ranked as a 1st rounder

KingOfDaNorth
06-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Pat had him ranked as a 1st rounder

I do find it ironic and very wise that Pat took a SG and SF in the eve of FA. I believe he sent a loud and clear message draft night to Wade and Deng, with us or against us.

Ill be shocked if Richardson doesn't make the final roster.

ATX
06-28-2015, 06:17 PM
If Wade and Deng are on the roster next season, I would think Richardson likely plays a year overseas due to the cap situation...Unless we can move Zoran/TJ.

KingOfDaNorth
06-28-2015, 06:43 PM
If Wade and Deng are on the roster next season, I would think Richardson likely plays a year overseas due to the cap situation...Unless we can move Zoran/TJ.

I think we should move Zoran in favor of Richardson. Johnson has the feel of a replacement combo guard to fill Chalmers shoes next year and Richardson has the ability to serve as a Bruce Bowen/Tony Allen lock down defender early in his career. Certainly this team is void of lock down defenders, players who can get into an opposing stars face and fluster them. At 6'6", both the rookies can come in and play good defense on the Roses and Irvings of the world for spurts.

beasted86
06-28-2015, 11:47 PM
I like the scouting reports. He likely won't make the team, but hopefully he goes overseas and continues to develop his shooting touch from outside.

KingOfDaNorth
06-29-2015, 10:18 AM
I like the scouting reports. He likely won't make the team, but hopefully he goes overseas and continues to develop his shooting touch from outside.

I don't want to see him go overseas but having a young asset like Richardson overseas is definitely a good thing. Plus maybe he goes over for a year to sharpen his game then comes over next year so fill Dengs roster spot?

hotdalton18
06-29-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't want to see him go overseas but having a young asset like Richardson overseas is definitely a good thing. Plus maybe he goes over for a year to sharpen his game then comes over next year so fill Dengs roster spot?

Whoever wins from him and Zoran can stay

beasted86
06-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Zoran is fully guaranteed.

You guys keep suggesting we trade everybody for nobody... I don't see it happening.

I would have definitely liked to see competition between all 3 of those SGs if it weren't for the guarantees.

KingOfDaNorth
06-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Zoran is fully guaranteed.

You guys keep suggesting we trade everybody for nobody... I don't see it happening.

I would have definitely liked to see competition between all 3 of those SGs if it weren't for the guarantees.

Is sending him overseas an option?

hotdalton18
06-29-2015, 09:49 PM
You can cut them still , just gotta pay them

hotdalton18
06-29-2015, 09:49 PM
And he can be traded in a package