PDA

View Full Version : Porzingis interview NY Post

Clippersfan86
06-28-2015, 10:06 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/06/27/kristaps-porzingis-on-bringing-knicks-a-title-carmelo-and-ny-women/

Good read. Love his personality. Gonna have to pick up Knicks for league pass probably. No ****s are given by Zinger.

Bonus: Zinger rapping in the car and it looking as awkward as Dirk dancing. He's "riding dirty".

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/porzingis-rapping-in-the-car-will-make-you-do-a-180-real-quick/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

jimm120
06-28-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm obviously in a lot of Knicks blogs and stuff.

We were all sad case Okafor was so close and because many wanted Mudiay....

But when interviews started coming out the following day, the kid has just been really smart in the way he talks.

A lot of people were suddenly, "damn, hopefully his play is as good as his talk". The guy just sounds smart and coherent while talking.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2015, 11:05 AM

But when interviews started coming out the following day, the kid has just been really smart in the way he talks.

A lot of people were suddenly, "damn, hopefully his play is as good as his talk". The guy just sounds smart and coherent while talking.

He's going to be similar to a young AK47 for you guys early on IMO, but a bit less defensive minded and more shooting. Basically a guy who's going to be versatile and do a bit of everything type role player. I think in 3-4 years time.. he will become at least a borderline all star, maybe a full fledged star if he can bulk up and stay healthy.

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Gotta respect his gangsta

nycericanguy
06-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Again I think this 3-4 years away stuff is really being overblown. He played in a much tougher league than NCAA and he led his team in scoring.

Look at similar past EURO guys

Bargs rookie year 19 years old, 7'0 225lbs, 11.6ppg/3.9rpg in 25mpg

Pau rookie year 19 years old, 7'0 227lbs, 17.6ppg/8.9/2.7/2.1 in 37mpg

Dirk rookie year, 20 years old 7'0 could not find his weight back then but he was also very skinny. rookie year 8.2ppg/3.4rpg in 20mpg. But his 2nd year he was already an all star type player.

Gallinairi - 18 years old, rookie year 6'10 220.

Gallo was hurt his rookie year and had surgery, but his 2nd year at 19/20 years old he averaged 15.1/4.9/1.7

These guys all contributed right away... no reason Zinger can't do the same.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Again I think this 3-4 years away stuff is really being overblown. He played in a much tougher league than NCAA and he led his team in scoring.

Look at similar past EURO guys

Bargs rookie year 19 years old, 7'0 225lbs, 11.6ppg/3.9rpg in 25mpg

Pau rookie year 19 years old, 7'0 227lbs, 17.6ppg/8.9/2.7/2.1 in 37mpg

Dirk rookie year, 20 years old 7'0 could not find his weight back then but he was also very skinny. rookie year 8.2ppg/3.4rpg in 20mpg. But his 2nd year he was already an all star type player.

Gallinairi - 18 years old, rookie year 6'10 220.

Gallo was hurt his rookie year and had surgery, but his 2nd year at 19/20 years old he averaged 15.1/4.9/1.7

These guys all contributed right away... no reason Zinger can't do the same.

Well my 3-4 years is different than analysts who are saying 3 years before he's even an NBA quality guy. I'm saying 3 years before he's all star caliber. He will contribute day one.

jason6692
06-28-2015, 11:58 AM
This kid gonna ball and you can obviously see he wants to be great. Knicks fan will regret booing him because they'll be on his jock by mid season. Hell prove many people wrong.

Jamiecballer
06-28-2015, 12:02 PM
I got a great first impression from that interview. If he's as mature as he sounds the Knicks just got a real winner.

nycericanguy
06-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Well my 3-4 years is different than analysts who are saying 3 years before he's even an NBA quality guy. I'm saying 3 years before he's all star caliber. He will contribute day one.

havent heard anyone say that but that's crazy. His skillset even as just a stretch 4 for the time being is very valuable in the league today.

I hope he can put on another 5 lbs of muscle during the summer, if he can get to 235lbs to start the year he can at least somewhat hold his own against most 4's, especially in today's league that is so much smaller.

Bargs/Dirk/Pau... those guys were rookies in a different era when there were much more traditional, bigger 4/5's.

KnicksorBust
06-28-2015, 12:15 PM
http://nypost.com/2015/06/27/kristaps-porzingis-on-bringing-knicks-a-title-carmelo-and-ny-women/

Good read. Love his personality. Gonna have to pick up Knicks for league pass probably. No ****s are given by Zinger.

Bonus: Zinger rapping in the car and it looking as awkward as Dirk dancing. He's "riding dirty".

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/porzingis-rapping-in-the-car-will-make-you-do-a-180-real-quick/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Sounds a lot different than "I hope to help the team as soon as possible," Bargnani said.
"I'm a young player, I know that I will find a lot of tough moments because it's a new league and I'm used to playing in Europe."

goose15
06-28-2015, 12:23 PM
three dinner quests? "Jordan, Lebron, Kobe"

Melo?

blahblahyoutoo
06-28-2015, 12:26 PM

his english is better than most of the native english speaking players in the league, and its fanbase. and he's fluent in 2 other languages.
embarrassing...

D-Leethal
06-28-2015, 12:29 PM
havent heard anyone say that but that's crazy. His skillset even as just a stretch 4 for the time being is very valuable in the league today.

I hope he can put on another 5 lbs of muscle during the summer, if he can get to 235lbs to start the year he can at least somewhat hold his own against most 4's, especially in today's league that is so much smaller.

Bargs/Dirk/Pau... those guys were rookies in a different era when there were much more traditional, bigger 4/5's.

People like to hear something a run with it. I never bought into that at all. Maybe 3-4 years until he reaches his peak physical frame, but he will contribute in different ways right off the bat.

D-Leethal
06-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Draft night coverage always dog the Euro's too. They don't like to admit guys they know nothing about can outplay the dudes they get paid to scout and cover all year long. Bilas and co. are always salty towards the Euro's being picked in the top 10.

IBleedPurple
06-28-2015, 12:31 PM
I'll read the interview at some point, but tbh I loved Zinger's personality more than anyone else pre-draft. Not just learning English, but he almost has a Peyton Manning like work ethic.

D-Leethal
06-28-2015, 12:33 PM

Melo?

He also said:

"Whatever Carmelo wants me to do, I will do that out on the court just to prove that I'm worthy enough to be on the court with him”

I wouldn't get your hopes up for some Melo-Zinger beef.

blahblahyoutoo
06-28-2015, 01:33 PM

Melo?

seriously? melo is nowhere near the caliber of the 3 he listed.

Vinylman
06-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Draft night coverage always dog the Euro's too. They don't like to admit guys they know nothing about can outplay the dudes they get paid to scout and cover all year long. Bilas and co. are always salty towards the Euro's being picked in the top 10.

yeah ... because it has nothing to do with the track record of euros

SMFH

goose15
06-28-2015, 09:04 PM

Melo?

seriously? melo is nowhere near the caliber of the 3 he listed.

No crap

SeoulBeatz
06-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Seems like a good kid and I'll be rooting for him.

Felt bad for him on draft night. It's a shame that there's such a stigma against White/Euro players, but if you look beyond his appearance it's easy to see that he has the tools to be very a unique scorer in this league.

Who knows if it'll pan out, but I like the kids game.

InRoseWeTrust
06-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Zinger is going to be big time. Great pick by Phil.

PraiseJesus
06-28-2015, 10:32 PM
I think Demarcus Cousins would be a great fit on the Knicks with Melo and Phil

Parasyte
06-28-2015, 10:39 PM
I think they should throw him into the fire right away. Have him become the focal point of offensive sets. Problem with European players transitioning into the league is that they are not used to the American 'me first' type of ball that they end up being in the shadow, and casual fans who just look at the numbers will conclude that they suck or are 'soft'

goose15
06-28-2015, 10:44 PM
I think Demarcus Cousins would be a great fit on the Knicks with Melo and Phil

I concur

More-Than-Most
06-28-2015, 10:47 PM
honestly he needs a star like Kobe... This kid is a try hard and will do everything it takes to be the best... He is gonna be really great if the knicks dont break him... Let him develop and dont force him into the NBA where he will get squashed. So much talent and determination... He has a kobe like work ethic.

FriedTofuz
06-28-2015, 11:03 PM
I really like Kristaps. I personally wanted the Raptors to Trade into the draft to get this guy.
He's going to be at least Andrea Bargnani before the Injuries with much better rebounding, defense, and athleticism. He can definitely give you 20 ppg and 8 rebs. Those are great numbers for a stretch 4. I think his ppg will even get higher than that, I wouldnt be surprised if he gets 25 ppg one day. He just needs time to develop. It's just that a lot of knick fans who boo dont have patience, they need a proper rebuild. Kristaps is a good start. Should honestly trade Melo for picks and young upcoming players as well.

I wouldve loved to trade derozan + a future 1st rounder for Kristaps. I really believe in this guy.

Mayweather&NYK
06-29-2015, 01:15 AM
And If u don't know now u know....

https://youtu.be/Fjzdm1pSqjk

and this kid is only 19 with that much skill, once anthony Davis put on some weight and developed an offensive skillset, he became unguardable... porzingis is of the same mold

Mayweather&NYK
06-29-2015, 01:24 AM
Here is the video interview, this kid is dope. I'm glad we picked him

https://youtu.be/d7FKJ7Rqnjg

nycericanguy
06-29-2015, 08:47 AM
FWIW he's being listed at 7'3" now. Seems he has grown.

If you saw him next to Towns and Okafor on draft night he was clearly several inches taller.

Has there ever been a 7'3" player with that kind of jumper and handles?

FYL_McVeezy
06-29-2015, 01:00 PM
FWIW he's being listed at 7'3" now. Seems he has grown.

If you saw him next to Towns and Okafor on draft night he was clearly several inches taller.

Has there ever been a 7'3" player with that kind of jumper and handles?

idk but I hope that's enough growing for him. I worry about the durability of super tall guys in the league.....

nycericanguy
06-29-2015, 01:02 PM
idk but I hope that's enough growing for him. I worry about the durability of super tall guys in the league.....

lol yea at this point its about weight gain, at 7'3" he's going to be able to shoot over everyone and get his shot off against anyone.

knickfan371
06-29-2015, 04:19 PM
it could be because most never pan out

smith&wesson
06-29-2015, 04:39 PM
is this guy going to be better than bargnani ? seems like they share a lot of the same skill sets

NYKnickFanatic
06-29-2015, 04:42 PM
is this guy going to be better than bargnani ? seems like they share a lot of the same skill sets

Hopefully. He does have a lot more passion and desire than Bargs. Watch some of his interviews, when you get a chance.

Jamiecballer
06-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Bargnani with a pulse.

sixer04fan
06-29-2015, 06:20 PM
He's got a chance be really good. Had the Sixers traded down from 3, I would have probably been fine with taking him over anyone left just bc he's worth the shot IMO. Just wasn't gonna draft him over Towns, Russell, or Okafor.