Pages : [1] 2

AllBall
06-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Orlando July 4-10
Saturday, July 4, 2015 - 9:00 a.m. - Miami @ Indiana
Sunday, July 5, 2015 - 5:00 p.m. - Brooklyn @ Miami
Monday, July 6, 2015 - 5:00 p.m. - Detroit @ Miami
Wednesday, July 8, 2015 - 5:00 p.m. - LA Clippers - Miami

Friday, July 10, 2015 (Championship Day)
1st game - 8:00 a.m. - 6th place @ 5th place
2nd game - 10:00 a.m. - 4th place @ 3rd place
3rd game - 12:00 p.m. - 2nd place @ 1st place
4th game - 2:00 p.m. - 8th place @ 7th place
5th game - 4:00 p.m. - 10th place @ 9th place

Salt Lake City July 6-9
No scheduled games for Miami.

Las Vegas July 10-20
Saturday, July 11 - 7:30 p.m. PT -- Miami vs. Utah
Monday, July 13 - 5 p.m. PT -- Miami vs. Denver
Tuesday, July 14 - 4 p.m. PT -- Miami vs. Boston

Wednesday, July 15 - 1 p.m. PT - Summer Leauge Playoffs Begin
Monday, July 20 - 6 p.m. PT - Summer Leauge Championship Game

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat
So far at least 11 names linked to Heat summer league: Justise Winslow, Josh Richardson, James Ennis, Tyler Johnson, Shabazz Napier, Seth Tuttle, Travis Trice, Willie Reed, Maximilian Kleber, Tyler Kalinoski, Gabe Olaseni. Heat open play next Saturday in Orlando.

So no Whiteside, which I agree with.

SportsFanatic10
06-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Ya I agree too, Whiteside has earned his place in the NBA as of now...he shouldn't be relegated to summer league. I can't wait to see not only the new players Richardson and obviously especially Winslow, but hopefully the progress of TJ and Ennis as well. And hopefully Napier can show something...anything really lol.

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't like ennis being here

He dominated last year and will dominate again

But since he is here it'll prolly look like

Bazz
Johnson/Richardson
Winslow /Richardson
Ennis
Center

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm for sure going July 11th I'm vegas

Ima try to have a conversation with Winslow lol

Sparky
06-27-2015, 03:31 PM
I don't like ennis being here

He dominated last year and will dominate again

But since he is here it'll prolly look like

Bazz
Johnson/Richardson
Winslow /Richardson
Ennis
Center

Ennis needs to work on his handle. Also on moving without the ball.

I'm psyched to see these games.

This guy Gabe Olaseni seems to have some nice upside.

And Travis Trice is gonna give Napier a run for his money.

Of course we all want to see Winslow and Richardson.

king james
06-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Word is that Napier may not play the whole summer league schedule cuz the Heat want to bring him back slowly from that injury.

Master Mind
06-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Any word on Chris Walker?

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Any word on Chris Walker?

Nope hopefully we snatch him

Not great basketball skills but maybe the most athletic guy In college

Master Mind
06-27-2015, 07:38 PM

Yeah we can use his athleticism

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 08:45 PM

Yeah we can use his athleticism

3rd center for a couple years and see if we can give him technical basketball skills

Walker Vs Whiteside would be good for him in practice

KingOfDaNorth
06-27-2015, 09:35 PM
A couple of points I have noticed being mentioned.

Hassan Whiteside should absolutely be playing in summer league. I just can not follow the logic to where this kid has earned a pass in any form. He has 48 games experience in a Heat uniform with minimal experience in a Kings jersey, hell truth be told I'd have to see proof he suited up for Sac. The talks of a max deal are foolish after such a small sample size and the type of moves that get Gms fired. I like Whiteside and think he was impressive last year, but I'm not willing to give him a pass for SL and start discussing max deals for him. No, instead I want him in SL this year. Maybe not every game but I want him out there with our young guys for two reasons. Number one, if these boys are the future of Heat basketball, you need chemistry and not to place Whiteside on a pedistool. If Justise Winslow is suiting up, Hassan has to. These boys need to get out and learn to play with us other. Number two, you want Whiteside to remain hungry and continue busting his @$$. A hungry Whiteside could challenge for DPOY, Most Improved and All Star. Everyone always speaks negatively about players in contracts years who wind up with big money deals becoming lazy and content, how do you expect this situation to end?

The discussions of Walker are a little premature. Yes he is an outstanding athlete but no way he sniffs the rotation next year, not over players like Dalembert or McRoberts. At best he is 15th man on the bench, possibly an alternative over Boozer.

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 10:26 PM

Hassan Whiteside should absolutely be playing in summer league. I just can not follow the logic to where this kid has earned a pass in any form. He has 48 games experience in a Heat uniform with minimal experience in a Kings jersey, hell truth be told I'd have to see proof he suited up for Sac. The talks of a max deal are foolish after such a small sample size and the type of moves that get Gms fired. I like Whiteside and think he was impressive last year, but I'm not willing to give him a pass for SL and start discussing max deals for him. No, instead I want him in SL this year. Maybe not every game but I want him out there with our young guys for two reasons. Number one, if these boys are the future of Heat basketball, you need chemistry and not to place Whiteside on a pedistool. If Justise Winslow is suiting up, Hassan has to. These boys need to get out and learn to play with us other. Number two, you want Whiteside to remain hungry and continue busting his @$$. A hungry Whiteside could challenge for DPOY, Most Improved and All Star. Everyone always speaks negatively about players in contracts years who wind up with big money deals becoming lazy and content, how do you expect this situation to end?

The discussions of Walker are a little premature. Yes he is an outstanding athlete but no way he sniffs the rotation next year, not over players like Dalembert or McRoberts. At best he is 15th man on the bench, possibly an alternative over Boozer.

No no no

In the 48 games he played he was a top 5 center

We already saw him dominate the dleague which is just like summer league

So obviously he would dominate summer league so we'd only be risking injury

And the only max deals for him people are talking about is guessing about his improvement next year

I he improves at all from last year and does it for a whole season he'll clearly get max

There's a reason he's not on the sl roster

Because it's pointless and waste chances for others

And as far as walker if you notice I said possibly 3rd center while we try to develop him , nobody said he would play

Dade County
06-27-2015, 11:02 PM

Naw pimp....

Leave Whiteside out of this.

naps
06-28-2015, 01:07 AM
No way Whiteside should play in the summer league. We already know what he is. And summer league's inferior competition won't refine his game any better. And then there is injury risk. He is much better off spending time in the gym with assistant coaches.

MiamiLoyal926
06-28-2015, 10:18 AM

I 100% agree with you. Drummond did it last SL. Whiteside is in the gym, working on his game against the coaching staff. If he truly wants to improve, why not put him to work on those same skills while in actual game scenarios. Also, work him as the number 1 option in Summer League to give him experience as the center of gameplan. Finally, it is a great opportunity for our young guys to continue to mesh with each other (whiteside, winslow, napier, johnson, ennis, and even zoran!) Have whiteside out there for chemistry purpose, but also for the notion that nothing is given, he must continue to work at it. He is still part of our youth development program and should not receive any special treatment yet. Remember his issues where maturity and headcase issues coming into the league... we need to keep him on a short leash for now.

KingOfDaNorth
06-28-2015, 12:14 PM
No way Whiteside should play in the summer league. We already know what he is. And summer league's inferior competition won't refine his game any better. And then there is injury risk. He is much better off spending time in the gym with assistant coaches.

I just don't understand how playing against other players, players just as hungry and in the same age range, would be a waste for Hassan yet time with coaches would be helpful. Im sorry to break the news to some of you but Hassan Whiteside is not a polished product nor is he a caliber player who simply gets a pass from things like Summer Leaguem. As someone said, Drummond played in the SL last year and he is supremely talented in comparison to Whiteside.

It would be an entirely different topic if you didn't want to risk the injury. I dont agree with the logic there but could atleast respect the logic. In no way will time posting up against a coach in isolation drills produce more growth than live game action that forces you to adjust on the fly.

As for "tearing up" the SL, does anyone hear believe Glen Rice Jr should play SL or be exempt? Just curious as to anyones response because Rice won MVP while averaging 25 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals. My point is this, often SL is filled with NBA hopefuls and end of the bench players, so I'd hope Whiteside would "tear it up". I could point out multiple instances in which a player dominated SL only to flop in the league. I could also show you instances in which a player played extremely well in a small sample size.

As Ive said before, Whiteside is a very enticing prospect to me and I think he could develop into a top 5 center... BUT he hasn't earned any of that. He needs to be in SL, who says he can't play SL AND get one on one coaching? If Whiteside wants the 20+ annually Ive read today is when he needs to earn it, I want to see the hunger in the offseason and the will to grind.

hotdalton18
06-28-2015, 02:25 PM

I just don't understand how playing against other players, players just as hungry and in the same age range, would be a waste for Hassan yet time with coaches would be helpful. Im sorry to break the news to some of you but Hassan Whiteside is not a polished product nor is he a caliber player who simply gets a pass from things like Summer Leaguem. As someone said, Drummond played in the SL last year and he is supremely talented in comparison to Whiteside.

It would be an entirely different topic if you didn't want to risk the injury. I dont agree with the logic there but could atleast respect the logic. In no way will time posting up against a coach in isolation drills produce more growth than live game action that forces you to adjust on the fly.

As for "tearing up" the SL, does anyone hear believe Glen Rice Jr should play SL or be exempt? Just curious as to anyones response because Rice won MVP while averaging 25 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals. My point is this, often SL is filled with NBA hopefuls and end of the bench players, so I'd hope Whiteside would "tear it up". I could point out multiple instances in which a player dominated SL only to flop in the league. I could also show you instances in which a player played extremely well in a small sample size.

As Ive said before, Whiteside is a very enticing prospect to me and I think he could develop into a top 5 center... BUT he hasn't earned any of that. He needs to be in SL, who says he can't play SL AND get one on one coaching? If Whiteside wants the 20+ annually Ive read today is when he needs to earn it, I want to see the hunger in the offseason and the will to grind.

I don't think you get what we're saying

We've already seen him kill the dleague

That's exactly what he'd do in SL

It's not gonna help him at all to kill scrub centers

It only takes time from others and risk injury

beasted86
06-28-2015, 02:34 PM
I don't think you get what we're saying

We've already seen him kill the dleague

That's exactly what he'd do in SL

It's not gonna help him at all to kill scrub centers

It only takes time from others and risk injury

Agree

Whiteside is already 26. Drummond is 21, meaning he was 20 last summer.

Whiteside needs intense FT shooting form coaching, low post footwork and passing development. He isn't going to gain as much flying out to summer league.

Sparky
06-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Te other positive is that we'll get a lot of minutes from our bigs to see if there's anyone who could replace Birdman on the cheap.

We have that overweight C Josh Smith and this sleeper Gabriel Olaseni.

Never know......

hotdalton18
06-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Te other positive is that we'll get a lot of minutes from our bigs to see if there's anyone who could replace Birdman on the cheap.

We have that overweight C Josh Smith and this sleeper Gabriel Olaseni.

Never know......

Josh smith an willie reed might compete for birds spot

I don't see gab getting to many minutes

MiamiBoy77
06-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Josh smith an willie reed might compete for birds spot

I don't see gab getting to many minutes

Agree 100% with this. Gab seems more like a Haslem

KingOfDaNorth
06-29-2015, 10:19 AM
I like Tuttle and the Davison kid to carry into camp.

hotdalton18
06-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Ill be expecting him to compete for 6th man of the year this year

KingOfDaNorth
06-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Ill be expecting him to compete for 6th man of the year this year

I understand the optimism but lets temper expectations

Sparky
06-30-2015, 05:09 PM
If Coach K is right we drafted DWade and signed the "best player in the tournament" in Travis Trice.

I'm expecting Trice to push Napier for the 3rd string PG spot.

KingOfDaNorth
06-30-2015, 05:24 PM
If Coach K is right we drafted DWade and signed the "best player in the tournament" in Travis Trice.

Pedigree alone will keep 'Bazz over Trice. Hard to justify taking a player in the first and dumping him the next season. Riley and Spo would be exercising the Manziel rule.

beasted86
06-30-2015, 06:48 PM
hotdalton knows no such thing.

hotdalton18
06-30-2015, 07:11 PM

Trice had just 1 year he scored over 7ppg

it was last year at 15ppg on 39% shooting....thats terrible everywhere but in college? idk if he'll make it in euro league lol

hotdalton18

This is ture

hotdalton18

Double post

hotdalton18
06-30-2015, 07:12 PM

this is the future and he'll be coming off the bench

not saying i expect him to win it but i expect him to be on the list

KingOfDaNorth
06-30-2015, 07:53 PM
this is the future and he'll be coming off the bench

not saying i expect him to win it but i expect him to be on the list

I agree with that, i just dont want to see too much expected of him or too much put on him during his rookie year. We lucked out and have a future cornerstone as long as we don't mismanage it.

AllBall
07-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 12m12 minutes ago

Hassan Whiteside will practice with Heat summer-league team but not play in games.
10 retweets 14 favorites

So there you go.

MiamiLoyal926
07-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Happy medium.... keep hassan within the youth development program, creating chemistry with teammates, all the while avoiding the risk of in game injuries.

hotdalton18
07-01-2015, 02:52 PM
So there you go.

Thats perfect

KingOfDaNorth
07-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Thats perfect

Great decision.

naps
07-02-2015, 04:42 AM
Man I really liked Khem Birch during last year's SL. He has noting to offer offensively but man he can defend, rebound, and block. A fine 3rd string center in my book. He could easily be developed into a 2nd stringer.

hotdalton18
07-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Man I really liked Khem Birch during last year's SL. He has noting to offer offensively but man he can defend, rebound, and block. A fine 3rd string center in my book. He could easily be developed into a 2nd stringer.

yah , i have no idea why we let him go to the nets SL team

i think he could of been the 2nd center this year

we dont need that spot to score

beasted86
07-02-2015, 01:49 PM
I liked Birch defense potential, but we can't afford to have any more guys on the floor who are that limited offensively.

We have Haslem as one too many already. Bird could finish at over 60%, I don't think Birch can, he's undersized and not a jumper.

naps
07-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Beasted, you are right. But Haslem should be on street clothes every single game. Amd we wont need Birch to log a lot of mins out there. Bosh will see a lot of time at 5 anyways. Birch could provide 8-10 mins of energy when needed defensively.

beasted86
07-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Like I said, I like his potential, but I'm not going to cry over him not joining us again. If he bulks up some more he can be a very good defensive specialist backup someday.

hotdalton18
07-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Napier/Winslow/Reed Vs Johnson/Ennis/Whiteside was going on today in practice

hotdalton18
07-02-2015, 08:34 PM
In the short videos they showed....whiteside packed Reed at the rim and Winslow got loose from Ennis and hit a mid range jumper

KingOfDaNorth
07-03-2015, 10:42 AM
I liked Birch defense potential, but we can't afford to have any more guys on the floor who are that limited offensively.

We have Haslem as one too many already. Bird could finish at over 60%, I don't think Birch can, he's undersized and not a jumper.

Agreed. Throwing 3-4 guys into the rotation with limited offensive skill sets would leave us looking like the Cavs in the Finals.

Beasted, you are right. But Haslem should be on street clothes every single game. Amd we wont need Birch to log a lot of mins out there. Bosh will see a lot of time at 5 anyways. Birch could provide 8-10 mins of energy when needed defensively.

Barring foul or injury trouble, I dont think your seeing anyone but Mcroberts/Bosh/Whiteside at the power spots.

Sparky
07-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Agreed. Throwing 3-4 guys into the rotation with limited offensive skill sets would leave us looking like the Cavs in the Finals.

Barring foul or injury trouble, I dont think your seeing anyone but Mcroberts/Bosh/Whiteside at the power spots.

Exactly why I think we can make do for our last roster spot to fill with a big out of the UDFAs in SL:

Willie Reed vs. Josh Smith vs. Gabriel Olaseni

KingOfDaNorth
07-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Exactly why I think we can make do for our last roster spot to fill with a big out of the UDFAs in SL:

Willie Reed vs. Josh Smith vs. Gabriel Olaseni

Barring the unexpected our current lineup will look like this..

Dragic/Chalmers/Napier
Wade/Johnson/Dragic
Deng/Winslow/Ennis
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Birdman

Leaving us with one remaining spot...

Conventional wisdom would tell me we need a young center, as you suggested. One who could learn and become either a part of the rotation if Whiteside leaves or replace Birdman next year. But I'm more inclined to look at a wing who can create his own offense or is a knock down 3 point shooter. I look at a player like Barea or Wayne Ellington.

SN: I really like the kid from Davidson as a sleeper.

AllBall
07-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Tweets of note:

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 29m29 minutes ago

Shabazz Napier apparently is still limited by his hernia. He may miss the start of summer league.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 28m28 minutes ago

In related news Tyler Johnson says he will work at point guard for the Heat during summer league.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 26m26 minutes ago

Justise Winslow says he will work almost exclusively at shooting guard and small forward during summer league.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 25m25 minutes ago

Erik Spoelstra says goal at summer league will be to play at pace. With Goran Dragic back that also will be the goal for the regular season.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 24m24 minutes ago

Zoran Dragic said his goal in summer league is to show he can be more than just a shooter.

beasted86
07-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Good news so far. Maybe Zoran can be the shooter we need. Might not need to spend the MLE on one.

When is the first summer league game?

hotdalton18
07-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Good news so far. Maybe Zoran can be the shooter we need. Might not need to spend the MLE on one.

Or spend it to replace bird instead of getting a 3pt guy

Sparky
07-03-2015, 03:54 PM

Tomorrow - all on NBA Channel

MiamiLoyal926
07-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Zoran is playing... was hoping for him to play but had not heard anything... good!

KingOfDaNorth
07-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Ira is reporting Barea is now ironing out details on a 3 year deal with the Mavs.

hotdalton18
07-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Ira is reporting Barea is now ironing out details on a 3 year deal with the Mavs.

I liked him on a 1 year deal not 3

So good for them

KingOfDaNorth
07-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I liked him on a 1 year deal not 3

So good for them

I wasn't ever HUGE on Barea but his style would have meshed well with us. At this point we may be better off carrying several unknowns into training camp, guys like Kalinoski and Joshua Smith. The more I read on Smith, the more I'd like to see of him. He is a quality rebounder, efficient scorer and would be an enforcer inside.

Sparky
07-03-2015, 08:51 PM
I wasn't ever HUGE on Barea but his style would have meshed well with us. At this point we may be better off carrying several unknowns into training camp, guys like Kalinoski and Joshua Smith. The more I read on Smith, the more I'd like to see of him. He is a quality rebounder, efficient scorer and would be an enforcer inside.

Yeah seems like nobody questions Josh Smith's basketball skill, but his weight may prevent him from fitting into the defensive system. We'll see but I agree that we should be able to fill in some (or at least one) of these last roster spots with an UDFA.

Mr. Baller
07-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Zoran & TJ off to nice starts.

Sparky
07-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Zoran & TJ off to nice starts.

Yep Zoran especially looking good.....not just the 3 point shooting but decent defense and handle.

Sparky
07-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Josh Smith listed at 360!!!! Holy crap

MiamiBoy77
07-04-2015, 09:39 AM
We need to keep Willie Reed

Sparky
07-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Damn TJ with another nasty slam!!!

Am I the only one who woke up to watch this?

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 09:43 AM

Based on 5 minutes?

Sparky
07-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Based on 5 minutes?

Maybe a little premature but we are gonna need to fill out the back of the roster with minimum guys, and I think he looks good enough to be a 3rd string center.

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 10:04 AM
How about Zoran and TJ? For months during the reg season, and even post season, I have had to defend TJ on this forum. People leaving him off the 2015/16 roster. In the last month, many started to call Zoran garbage... well they both look solid.

Sparky
07-04-2015, 10:26 AM
How about Zoran and TJ? For months during the reg season, and even post season, I have had to defend TJ on this forum. People leaving him off the 2015/16 roster. In the last month, many started to call Zoran garbage... well they both look solid.

Not me. I usually pencil in both to my mock rosters. No reason TJ and Zoran can't be the 3rd string PG and SG respectively.......with upside for more minutes.

Napier is the one who I see as having a tough time justifying on the 15.

MonroeFAN
07-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Nice post play from Winslow.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Winslow lead us to the win , good start

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Didn't have the best game

If he improves on it every game tho maybe

J_M_B
07-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Liked what I saw from Winslow.. didn't try to force anything, just let the game come to him. So refreshing to see that in a 19 year old

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Solid against ?

No doubt Tyler has improved his handle and is gonna make the team

Zoran is gonna have do a little more

Cause Richardson has nice today

Yah only 2-6 FG

But great defense and tons of made free throws

Dude knows how to score even when his shot is off

J_M_B
07-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Oh and it's easy to see a lot of Goran's game in his brother's, he might be a better shooter actually

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Liked what I saw from Winslow.. didn't try to force anything, just let the game come to him. So refreshing to see that in a 19 year old

Exactly !

mjt20mik
07-04-2015, 11:23 AM
You guys probably got the biggest steal of the draft TBH. Winslow is gonna be a stud, especially playing with DWade.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 11:25 AM
You guys probably got the biggest steal of the draft TBH. Winslow is gonna be a stud, especially playing with DWade.

Hopefully!

He gets to start off slow to n not be rushed into a crazy role

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Richardson has 2 more points in 5 less shots

Hit a 3

And had 2 steals and 2 blocks

The winners today to me are

Winslow
TJ
Richardson

Zoran did nice , but Richardson was better

AllBall
07-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Damn TJ with another nasty slam!!!

Am I the only one who woke up to watch this?

Woke up too late. Too much 4th of July partying last night, lol.

I was wondering why it was showing ORW for Orlando's team on the screen, saw there is a White and Blue team. lol

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Hit a 3

Winslow
TJ
Richardson

You, my friend, suffer from tunnel vision. You obsess over players like school girls obsessed over the backstreet boys. Don't get me wrong, I like J.Rich, but you are the number one guy who has hated on Zoran the last few weeks and are now providing a misleading analysis with misleading data.

Did you not see the full stats of both players? Zoran had overall better stats than J.Richardson. His +/- was +10, jrich was +6. Zoran shot 45%(5/11) from the field, jrich shot 33% (2/6). Zoran had 1 assist vs zero from jrich. All this, and Jrich was on the floor 5 more minutes than Zoran(17 mins vs. 22 mins)!!! Zoran put up better efficiency in less minutes and played within himself. The only stats Jrich has over zoran is he got to the line with 9/9 freethrows vs 0/1 from zoran, 2 blocks vs 1, and 2 steals vs none. Defensively, JRich did great, but overall, Zoran was a better player and showed that he can develop into a heck of a player (like his brother did late into Gorans career).

Zoran is not a player we should cut from the team, like you constantly suggest, for so many reasons. If not for anything other than he can actually ball.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 01:42 PM

Hit a 3

Winslow
TJ
Richardson

You, my friend, suffer from tunnel vision. You obsess over players like school girls obsessed over the backstreet boys. Don't get me wrong, I like J.Rich, but you are the number one guy who has hated on Zoran the last few weeks and are now providing a misleading analysis with misleading data.

Did you not see the full stats of both players? Zoran had overall better stats than J.Richardson. His +/- was +10, jrich was +6. Zoran shot 45%(5/11) from the field, jrich shot 33% (2/6). Zoran had 1 assist vs zero from jrich. All this, and Jrich was on the floor 5 more minutes than Zoran(17 mins vs. 22 mins)!!! Zoran put up better efficiency in less minutes and played within himself. The only stats Jrich has over zoran is he got to the line with 9/9 freethrows vs 0/1 from zoran, 2 blocks vs 1, and 2 steals vs none. Defensively, JRich did great, but overall, Zoran was a better player and showed that he can develop into a heck of a player (like his brother did late into Gorans career).

Zoran is not a player we should cut from the team, like you constantly suggest, for so many reasons. If not for anything other than he can actually ball.

Richardson had the better game , getting to the line is part of the game

Not to mention one is by far the better defender

Zoran 3's B to Richardson C

Zoran's driving D to Richardson C

Zoran defense D- to Richardson b+

2 steals and 2 blocks to 0 and 0

That is a HUGE difference

I liked zoran today , not better then Richardson tho

More points in 5 less shots (don't care how you scores em)

Plus 2 blocks and 2 steals to 0 and 0

If your gonna count 1 assist as an advantage to zoran then you gotta count 4 defensive stops and turnovers in favor of Richardson

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 02:34 PM

If your gonna count 1 assist as an advantage to zoran then you gotta count 4 defensive stops and turnovers in favor of Richardson

Again... your stats are questionable. 4 stops vs 1. Also, Zoran was more efficient and under control on offense (thus 5/11 vs 2/6). Summer league tends to have more of fouling and less skilled defense. As a result... instead of a solid contested missed shot, J.Rich was bailed out several times with poorly contested fouls. Again, Jrich looked good, but not better than zoran.

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Also, where are you getting those letter grades from? Do you have a link?

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Also, where are you getting those letter grades from? Do you have a link?

My letter grades

Is it not obvious?

Zoran is a shooter

Richardson is better at everything else

And how are the stats questionable ?

More points in 5 less shots....2 blocks and 2 steals to 0 and 0

Those aren't made up stats or anything

We'll see what happens tomorrow

I'm just speaking of today's game

J_M_B
07-04-2015, 02:51 PM

Lmfao are those 2k grades?

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 02:53 PM

Lmfao are those 2k grades?

My grades lol

I thought it was pretty obvious

ATX
07-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Only saw highlights and box scores, but Myles Turner (20/8/3 Blks) looked impressive. So many here, to my dismay, think he'll be a huge bust.

It should be a healthy competition between TJ/Zoran/Richardson in summer league.

Mr. Baller
07-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Why are we debating if Zoran is making the team? He's a lock.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Why are we debating if Zoran is making the team? He's a lock.

No doubt I think he's here this year because he's guaranteed where Richardson can go over seas

Was just saying I thought Richardson had the better game

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Only saw highlights and box scores, but Myles Turner (20/8/3 Blks) looked impressive. So many here, to my dismay, think he'll be a huge bust.

It should be a healthy competition between TJ/Zoran/Richardson in summer league.

I think it's more

TJ Vs Napier

And

Zoran Vs Richardson

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 03:44 PM
My letter grades

Is it not obvious?

Zoran is a shooter

Again.... wrong on your stats. Zoran had a block. Also, as mentioned before, most of his points came off of fouls that happen more plentiful in summer league (thus why players are given 10 fouls before they foul out). Can he get points without going to the line? Lastly, your letter grades are opinionated assumptions.... and your opinion has been clear... you rhink Zoran is not very good and this your grades are biased towards J.Rich.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 04:32 PM
My letter grades

Is it not obvious?

Zoran is a shooter

Again.... wrong on your stats. Zoran had a block. Also, as mentioned before, most of his points came off of fouls that happen more plentiful in summer league (thus why players are given 10 fouls before they foul out). Can he get points without going to the line? Lastly, your letter grades are opinionated assumptions.... and your opinion has been clear... you rhink Zoran is not very good and this your grades are biased towards J.Rich.

He actually had 1 steal lol

And no I said I wanted them to have a fair competition

Not to mention Richardson is gonna improve with time

Zoran is what he is

naps
07-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Zoran will make the team for many reasons. I will just list one: He can turn out to be our greatest need --three point shooting.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Zoran will make the team for many reasons. I will just list one: He can turn out to be our greatest need --three point shooting.

I agree he can bring good 3 pt shooting

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2015, 05:36 PM

Zoran is what he is

That's not necessarily true. Goran improved later in his career, Zoran is only 26 and hasn't really been given a chance to break out yet.

MiamiLoyal926
07-04-2015, 05:36 PM

Zoran is what he is

At what age did Goran become the most improved player... do you know? That might just change your tone on the whole "zoran is what he is" front.

beasted86
07-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I liked Richardson's defense, but he's probably never going to get 9 foul shots in any regular season game for a few years. Zoran played better today. Both need to show even more than they did today to gain traction on that backup SG spot.

I don't analyze the summer league games as good game bad game for judging players. The stats are almost meaningless. Its more into thinking how would they be used during the regular season and how well they did those same things in SL.

Looking like Johnson is the clear cut backup SG that might see minutes at PG also. If Chalmers is traded that changes things. Winslow is boss as expected.

hotdalton18
07-04-2015, 07:08 PM
I liked Richardson's defense, but he's probably never going to get 9 foul shots in any regular season game for a few years. Zoran played better today. Both need to show even more than they did today to gain traction on that backup SG spot.

I don't analyze the summer league games as good game bad game for judging players. The stats are almost meaningless. Its more into thinking how would they be used during the regular season and how well they did those same things in SL.

Looking like Johnson is the clear cut backup SG that might see minutes at PG also. If Chalmers is traded that changes things. Winslow is boss as expected.

They said Johnson is working exclusively as a pg

I think that's the direction they have for him

AllBall
07-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Watching the Summer League highlights, man can Henzoja stroke the 3! Slightly jealous.

naps
07-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Miles turner and Frank the Tank looked very very good.

beasted86
07-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Guys just remember, Glen Rice Jr. played like LeBron in last year's summer league.

He didn't make it through the season on an NBA roster and didn't get any 10-day contract offers.

Its fun to watch scrubs put up good stats though.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 12:59 AM
Hez went 3-8 and was playing pretty bad defense on bad players lol

His defense is so bad

After only 1 game , but we'll see

naps
07-05-2015, 01:14 AM
That's true Beasted. SL games or even pre-season games don't indicate how the actual season will be like. Remember how Shabaaz Napier killed it and took over last year in preseason against the Spurs and how everyone was like he was the real deal? That turned out like ****.

Sparky
07-05-2015, 09:24 AM
That's true Beasted. SL games or even pre-season games don't indicate how the actual season will be like. Remember how Shabaaz Napier killed it and took over last year in preseason against the Spurs and how everyone was like he was the real deal? That turned out like ****.

Actually Shabazz even sucked in SL. I watched every single game last summer - specifically to watch him - and he was awful. Ennis and TJ were killing it.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Re watched the 1st summer league game

Ennis handle has improved a lot it seems from some moves he was making

TJ really
Might have potential to be the back up PG

Reed's best attribute is running the floor , he has a real shot at making this team as a 3rd center

daleja424
07-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Here is what I saw yesterday in order of impressiveness:

1. Winslow- smooth, controlled, looked like a veteran. Finished around the rim. Very solid defensively. Going to get sneaky numbers all year. I like the Khawi comp right now, although he isn't as big.

2. TJ- looked solid running the point. Couple of nice pnr sequences. Fearless attacking the rim as always. Active on both ends. Definitely needs to get some run next year. Very okay with him battling Shabazz for backup pg minutes.

3. Willie Reed- smooth athlete, strong on the boards, good shot blocker. He has the nasty in him. Bigger version of Haslem IMO. Could be a solid backup big in the NBA.

4. Richardson- fearless, active, freak athlete. Didn't look great midrange, but could push for some minutes at either guard spot.

5. Ennis- probably put up the best numbers but it just looks out of control and selfish too often. Too much action forced on his part. Would like to see him rely on his teammates a little more.

6. Shabazz Napier- not playing is hurting his stock. TJ and Richardson are coming for his minutes.

No one else was really worth a mention.

daleja424
07-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Guys just remember, Glen Rice Jr. played like LeBron in last year's summer league.

He didn't make it through the season on an NBA roster and didn't get any 10-day contract offers.

Its fun to watch scrubs put up good stats though.

You have to know how to watch. Marginal athletes putting up numbers don't translate well. But vision, ball handling, energy, timing, pace, etc can really get you somewhere. It has to pass the eye test... Not the stat test.

Looking for nba ready bodies, athleticism, and defined skills.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 01:07 PM

1. Winslow- smooth, controlled, looked like a veteran. Finished around the rim. Very solid defensively. Going to get sneaky numbers all year. I like the Khawi comp right now, although he isn't as big.

2. TJ- looked solid running the point. Couple of nice pnr sequences. Fearless attacking the rim as always. Active on both ends. Definitely needs to get some run next year. Very okay with him battling Shabazz for backup pg minutes.

3. Willie Reed- smooth athlete, strong on the boards, good shot blocker. He has the nasty in him. Bigger version of Haslem IMO. Could be a solid backup big in the NBA.

4. Richardson- fearless, active, freak athlete. Didn't look great midrange, but could push for some minutes at either guard spot.

5. Ennis- probably put up the best numbers but it just looks out of control and selfish too often. Too much action forced on his part. Would like to see him rely on his teammates a little more.

6. Shabazz Napier- not playing is hurting his stock. TJ and Richardson are coming for his minutes.

Agree with most

Except ennis , there might of been one forced play

And I think Napier is for sure behind Johnson

He's gonna have to do work to stay on this team

MiamiLoyal926
07-05-2015, 01:14 PM

So Zoran is not worth a mention?

daleja424
07-05-2015, 01:29 PM

Just don't think he has nba athleticism. Kind of guy that is just good enough in summer league but I don't see it against elite athletes. People keep saying that Goran broke out late but they are very different athletes. I also don't think Zoran can defend at the nba level, so he's not even a d and 3 option.

He did play solid yesterday though. I forgot to mention him because I don't see him contributing on the HEAT.

Agree with most

Except ennis , there might of been one forced play

And I think Napier is for sure behind Johnson

He's gonna have to do work to stay on this team

Ennis took quite a few contested shots and the ball very often stuck in his hands. He was trying to impress too much IMO instead of just playing in the flow.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Above average 1st half , bad 2nd half (in just a few minutes)

Threw two layups off the glass that didn't even hit the rim

He's he makes it , it will be just as a spot up 3 shooter

Sparky
07-05-2015, 02:01 PM

TJ really

Reed's best attribute is running the floor , he has a real shot at making this team as a 3rd center

Agree with those takes ^^^ and I'd add that Zoran looked very good. Looks like he'll earn his roster spot. The 3 point shooting is good and he showed decent defense, a handle, and crafty finishing at the rim........very much like Goran.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 02:12 PM

TJ really

Agree with those takes ^^^ and I'd add that Zoran looked very good. Looks like he'll earn his roster spot. The 3 point shooting is good and he showed decent defense, a handle, and crafty finishing at the rim........very much like Goran.

I think he makes it this year

Nice shooter but nothing more IMO

I don't want him driving at all

Cause yah in the 1st half he had a nice play

But in the 2nd he was throwing shots I don't even see at the YMCA off the back board lol

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Our game comes on in 15 on nba tv

J_M_B
07-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Shabazz might play today

per Ira

daleja424
07-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Shabazz might play today

per Ira

Out. Cant see how he would not be cleared from hernia issues and then bam good to go the next day. Think he will miss all of Orlando and give it a go in Vegas.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Tyler impressing me , getting people open.making the good pass...big dunks again lol

Winslows energy is not there on defense right now , keeps not putting his hand up

Zoran will not play nba minutes , every time he's contested his shot is so ugly...defense is weird looking

Reed playing well again , as as far as running the floor and rebounding

Ennis has improved for sure

Richardson hit a 3 , nice to know he's working on his long shots game

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Trice sucks bad

beasted86
07-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Ennis was so bad on that drive, but nice to see Winslow bail him out and Dragic finish

king james
07-05-2015, 05:44 PM
We're looking very sloppy today. I think Winslow is playing very passive. I don't want him to force it just want him to be a little bit more aggressive.

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Winslow not feeling the 3s today so far...

king james
07-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Winslow has to work on his shot he's missed some open looks badly imo.

daleja424
07-05-2015, 05:52 PM
1st half thoughts:

Willie Reed is an NBA player... And it should be for us. Great motor. Fluid.

TJ has no problem beating his defender off the dribble. Can play PG.

Winslow needs to be coached on close outs. Numerous times he was in great position but didn't give a contest.

Zoran will not be able to finish against NBA athletes.

Ennis is a disaster when he dribbles. Still.

J_M_B
07-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Ennis needs to play to his strengths .. his ball handling has been atrocious, just move without the ball!

beasted86
07-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Watching that break away with that Simmons guy try to block Winslow makes me so nervous watching summer league.

So many scrubs trying to prove themselves with disregard to injury because they 're unlikely to get a contract anyway.

Good to see Winslow bringing the ball up the floor. Richardson should be a defensive specialist at the end of the bench maybe. Zoran just doesn't look like he should make the cut.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Watching that break away with that Simmons guy try to block Winslow makes me so nervous watching summer league.

So many scrubs trying to prove themselves with disregard to injury because they 're unlikely to get a contract anyway.

Good to see Winslow bringing the ball up the floor. Richardson should be a defensive specialist at the end of the bench maybe. Zoran just doesn't look like he should make the cut.

Agreed

He's only made wide open shots set up by teammates

Everytime he creates or is contested it's ugly

And his defense is sorry

But yah that Winslow thing was scary

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Ennis needs to play to his strengths .. his ball handling has been atrocious, just move without the ball!

Yep

Day 1 his handling looked improved

Today it's looked worse lol

Dade County
07-05-2015, 06:01 PM
I don't care for this game so far...

Everyone needs work.

And whats up with Ennis, he should be beast'ing.

And winslow can't hit a 3 for anything lol

Reed is a bright spot though

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I don't care for this game so far...

Everyone needs work.

And whats up with Ennis, he should be beast'ing.

And winslow can't hit a 3 for anything lol

Reed is a bright spot though

It's hard for anyone to score a lot

Our SL team is legit stacked lol

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Zoran fouling the smaller guy and letting him score

Hope you guys who like him are watching this game

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Richardson is so good on d

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2015, 06:13 PM
I really like how heads up Winslow is with the ball and how he makes the smart play without trying to do to much. He could turn out to be a pretty good passer.

daleja424
07-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Winslow looks VERY comfortable as a playmaker. 4-5 very nice plays so far this quarter. Not stuffing the stat book... But very nice quarter for him.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Winslow looks VERY comfortable as a playmaker. 4-5 very nice plays so far this quarter. Not stuffing the stat book... But very nice quarter for him.

Yah he's gotten a couple really nice assist

Looks more aggressive to

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Reed is really trying to make the team

daleja424
07-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Yah he's gotten a couple really nice assist

Looks more aggressive to

They made him play some point. Forced the ball into his hand. And he balled. May be something to watch for. When he gets engaged offensively with some touches his effort level increases across the board.

J_M_B
07-05-2015, 06:21 PM

Yup

love that he doesn't force anything, just playing through the flow of the offense

J_M_B
07-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Pretty sure Reed will be in camp

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Pretty sure Reed will be in camp

Agree

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Reed with a big slam to tie it up

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Lol wow!

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Tyler Johnson buzzer beating alley opppp!!!

daleja424
07-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Easy to overlook but Winslow had a very Lebron finish to that game. Directly involved in all of the last 7 points. Pushed the ball and assisted to Ennis, Winslow pushes the ball and kicks to Johnson who hands it off to Reed for dunk, Winslow draws shooting foul, Winslow lobs to Johnson for game winner.

Early on he isn't going to blow you away but he was making winning plays.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Easy to overlook but Winslow had a very Lebron finish to that game. Directly involved in all of the last 7 points. Pushed the ball and assisted to Ennis, Winslow pushes the ball and kicks to Johnson who hands it off to Reed for dunk, Winslow draws shooting foul, Winslow lobs to Johnson for game winner.

Yah good all around player

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2015, 07:17 PM

He even shot FTs like Lebron down the stretch lol...

Dade County
07-05-2015, 07:25 PM
I'll judge Winslow in 2yrs...

He needs work, also he needs time to see what type of NBA player he will become.

WTF is up with Ennis, the man was scoring 20pts a game last summer, now just missing.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Richardson should start tomorrow

4 stls and 2 blocks

The only thing zoran does better is shoot a bunch of garbage shots that he misses

daleja424
07-05-2015, 09:42 PM
I'll judge Winslow in 2yrs...

He needs work, also he needs time to see what type of NBA player he will become.

WTF is up with Ennis, the man was scoring 20pts a game last summer, now just missing.

His biggest struggle right now is his shot. But he has a good motion and that should work itself out with the HEATs help. He also has to get better going right or teams will overplay him big time. Going right he always passes and left he looks to score.

justinnum1
07-05-2015, 09:58 PM
good stuff.

tomorrow winslow goes against stanley johnson

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 10:12 PM
good stuff.

tomorrow winslow goes against stanley johnson

Winslow better play with more energy

He looked like he didn't really care today , Stanley will chew him of he does that tomorrow

Sparky
07-05-2015, 10:20 PM

He looked like he didn't really care today , Stanley will chew him of he does that tomorrow

Stanley has been filling up the stats. Can't wait to see this matchup tomorrow. Time for Winslow to show his stuff.

Myles Turner looks really good and even Kaminsky has looked good. Winslow needs to show more.

hotdalton18
07-05-2015, 10:28 PM

Stanley has been filling up the stats. Can't wait to see this matchup tomorrow. Time for Winslow to show his stuff.

Myles Turner looks really good and even Kaminsky has looked good. Winslow needs to show more.

You have to remember Winslow is on the most stacked team In the SL

We legit have 5 people out there who will be in the team

Plus one who will be In the future

MiamiBoy77
07-06-2015, 01:18 AM

i think youre mistaking his lack of energy. He is a 19 year old kid who has been practicing for only 5 days with guys who have been playing together for the last year and working together all offseason. I actually think he is playing well and trying to earn his stripes with these guys. He is dominant going to the basket, and suffocating on defense.

Willie Reed better make this team over Birdman.. Cheaper and has an edge to him.

Also, Ennis is playing his way off the team. He is a complete liability with the ball in his hands.

Mr. Baller
07-06-2015, 06:11 AM
i think youre mistaking his lack of energy. He is a 19 year old kid who has been practicing for only 5 days with guys who have been playing together for the last year and working together all offseason. I actually think he is playing well and trying to earn his stripes with these guys. He is dominant going to the basket, and suffocating on defense.

Willie Reed better make this team over Birdman.. Cheaper and has an edge to him.

Also, Ennis is playing his way off the team. He is a complete liability with the ball in his hands.

You honestly think they gonna cut a guy with a 5M guarantee lol? Its unfortunate but Willie Reed will most likely not make the team unless they send Richardson overseas.

MiamiBoy77
07-06-2015, 11:24 AM
You honestly think they gonna cut a guy with a 5M guarantee lol? Its unfortunate but Willie Reed will most likely not make the team unless they send Richardson overseas.

Lol I obviously mean trade him somewhere in a package (with chalmers, even if it means giving up shabazz or Ennis)

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 11:34 AM

Agreed at this rate Ennis wont make it

Agreed willie reed is a better option then birdman

disagree about the energy and defense for Winslow

just in yesterdays game he wasnt closing out on shooters at all n not even putting his hand up...im not talking about being agressive trying to score...im talkin about him looking like he doesn't care to be there....but he's been good to not care which excites me for when he does

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 11:35 AM

Trade napier , bazz and Chalmers

Reed could be the back up center

Richardson is a defensive ace

game 1 he was 2 and 2 for blocks and steals then game two he was 2 and 4

dude is lock down

MiamiLoyal926
07-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Trade napier , bazz and Chalmers

Reed could be the back up center

Richardson is a defensive ace

game 1 he was 2 and 2 for blocks and steals then game two he was 2 and 4

dude is lock down

JRich is a pesky defender, I give him that... but some of the stats came from opportunistic situations like being in the right spot of a bad pass completely off mark (forced by another defender's effort and not necessarily his). My point here is, stop judging players solely by their stats. He was pesky and got stops, but did nothing else in the game. He was one dimensional this last game. I am rooting for him, but if he cannot make contributions on offense, he will be the guard version of joel anthony.

Let's hope he can prove that these next few games. I like his D.

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 01:16 PM
JRich is a pesky defender, I give him that... but some of the stats came from opportunistic situations like being in the right spot of a bad pass completely off mark (forced by another defender's effort and not necessarily his). My point here is, stop judging players solely by their stats. He was pesky and got stops, but did nothing else in the game. He was one dimensional this last game. I am rooting for him, but if he cannot make contributions on offense, he will be the guard version of joel anthony.

Let's hope he can prove that these next few games. I like his D.

not going just off stats...im going by watching

even if he just has defense he's better then Zoran or Napier for us

Zoran is a weak , no defense weird dribble , cant score unless its a wide open look player

Napier is another no defense i cant do anything good player

right now out of the 3 im choosing Richardson

and yah he's not doing anything on Offense but thats cause he's not getting shots

he scored good the 1st game

2nd game only shot 3 shots

MiamiLoyal926
07-06-2015, 01:43 PM
not going just off stats...im going by watching

even if he just has defense he's better then Zoran or Napier for us

Zoran is a weak , no defense weird dribble , cant score unless its a wide open look player

Napier is another no defense i cant do anything good player

right now out of the 3 im choosing Richardson

and yah he's not doing anything on Offense but thats cause he's not getting shots

he scored good the 1st game

2nd game only shot 3 shots

You have made one thing clear over the last few weeks... your analysis and scouting of players are pretty awful. Only scoring JRich has really made was off of bail out fouls in summer league(10 foul limit remember?). Also, I let the whole Zoran thing go, but since you brought him up again, let me defend him and set the record straight since you love to paint a false image of the guy. While he did not fill up the stat sheet on defense last game, like your boy JRich, if you watch him closely like I did, he was rarely beat off the dribble, played solid help D, and was constantly active and barely scored on by his man. He actually plays very good team defense. He is not a pesky defender, so he does not stand out to you on defense, but he is no slouch on Defense like you potray him.

As for his offense, his shot was not dropping, but he was active on offense, making the right plays and passes, aggresive, yet composed. He has great timing on cuts, can hit shots, dribble ("weird" just like his brother), and got his points mostly in the lane yesterday. He did not have a great game on offense, but was solid on both ends of the court.

JRich, as much as I am rooting for him, has not been very effective on offense thus far outside of getting to the line a few times in game one.

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 02:01 PM
You have made one thing clear over the last few weeks... your analysis and scouting of players are pretty awful. Only scoring JRich has really made was off of bail out fouls in summer league(10 foul limit remember?). Also, I let the whole Zoran thing go, but since you brought him up again, let me defend him and set the record straight since you love to paint a false image of the guy. While he did not fill up the stat sheet on defense last game, like your boy JRich, if you watch him closely like I did, he was rarely beat off the dribble, played solid help D, and was constantly active and barely scored on by his man. He actually plays very good team defense. He is not a pesky defender, so he does not stand out to you on defense, but he is no slouch on Defense like you potray him.

As for his offense, his shot was not dropping, but he was active on offense, making the right plays and passes, aggresive, yet composed. He has great timing on cuts, can hit shots, dribble ("weird" just like his brother), and got his points mostly in the lane yesterday. He did not have a great game on offense, but was solid on both ends of the court.

JRich, as much as I am rooting for him, has not been very effective on offense thus far outside of getting to the line a few times in game one.

Ummmm if you'd like to look at the last couple pages of this thread be my guest , everyone else saw n commented

when his 3 shots not on he has nothing

he scored on 2 free throws off a wild shot.....then his 3 FG's came off wide open lay ups on passes from teammates....i can hit wide open lay ups? so?

the rest of his shots were terrible , just like in game 1 when he's contested even slightly its a terrible shot....his lay ups dont even hit the rim half the time

and his defense is a joke....idk were your getting "he's a good defender" NBA players will make him look pathetic

if he's on the team this season its a mix between his brother , nobody else wanting him and his contract is locked in so you cant just cut him.

MiamiLoyal926
07-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Ummmm if you'd like to look at the last couple pages of this thread be my guest , everyone else saw n commented

when his 3 shots not on he has nothing

he scored on 2 free throws off a wild shot.....then his 3 FG's came off wide open lay ups on passes from teammates....i can hit wide open lay ups? so?

the rest of his shots were terrible , just like in game 1 when he's contested even slightly its a terrible shot....his lay ups dont even hit the rim half the time

and his defense is a joke....idk were your getting "he's a good defender" NBA players will make him look pathetic

if he's on the team this season its a mix between his brother , nobody else wanting him and his contract is locked in so you cant just cut him.

Daleja is the only other person I remember sharing that sentiment with you... and he indicated doubt in his ability to do well. You have outright dismissed Zoran and labeled him garbage.

The rest of your statements aren't very effective in discrediting Zoran. You can hit a wide open layup? Good for you. Can you time the cut and position yourself along the path cut in a way that allows your teammate an easy pass and assist? You only see the end results (much like stats only show the result), but you seem to ignore the movement behind the scenes that positioned him for such and "easy" layup. Also, I am getting he is a good defender from watching his defensive movement off and on the ball. He does a very good job of cutting off his man to the lane, fills the lanes, goes over and under screens with good recovery, and has very good length to disrupt the shot. Oh...and I get this from years of head coaching experience. He may not be an elite defender, but again, he holds his own just fine. Definitely not a "joke" or "pathetic" as you describe it.

Finally, some background on him: zoran was the guy who covered the opponents best wing player in his euro team. Also, when the suns scouted him... this is what they had to say: "Defense and passion were the two common themes on what the Suns love about Zoranís game."

Clearly, defense is one of his recognized strengths by coaching and scouts.

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Daleja is the only other person I remember sharing that sentiment with you... and he indicated doubt in his ability to do well. You have outright dismissed Zoran and labeled him garbage.

The rest of your statements aren't very effective in discrediting Zoran. You can hit a wide open layup? Good for you. Can you time the cut and position yourself along the path cut in a way that allows your teammate an easy pass and assist? You only see the end results (much like stats only show the result), but you seem to ignore the movement behind the scenes that positioned him for such and "easy" layup. Also, I am getting he is a good defender from watching his defensive movement off and on the ball. He does a very good job of cutting off his man to the lane, fills the lanes, goes over and under screens with good recovery, and has very good length to disrupt the shot. Oh...and I get this from years of head coaching experience. He may not be an elite defender, but again, he holds his own just fine. Definitely not a "joke" or "pathetic" as you describe it.

Finally, some background on him: zoran was the guy who covered the opponents best wing player in his euro team. Also, when the suns scouted him... this is what they had to say: "Defense and passion were the two common themes on what the Suns love about Zoranís game."

Clearly, defense is one of his recognized strengths by coaching and scouts.

Defense in euro league? cause its looking shaky in d league....wonder what nba guys are gonna do to him

and if you cant cut to the rim as a SG you shouldn't be in the nba...tons of people can do that....that's not a reason to keep him

game one i was iffy 50/50

game 2 i was 0/100 that he's not good for us

we'll see what he does today

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Myles turner has 13 points , 9 rebounds and 6 blocks today.....but also had 8 fouls in 27 minutes lol

Sparky
07-06-2015, 05:12 PM
No sense in getting too worked up over Zoran vs. Napier vs. JRich.

If any of them make the roster it's b/c we're too thin.

But Zoran has his bro.
Napier was a first round pick.

Maybe enough to keep both/either.

JRich can go oversees without taking a spot which may be reason enough to do that.

My main concern is Winslow. Remember, we not only drafted him but also turned down FOUR FIRST ROUND PICKS. He needs to be ballin!!

Sparky
07-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Ennis being mediocre is also concerning.

With all the moves CLE and the Spurs are making, we need more than DLeague specials.

MiamiLoyal926
07-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Defense in euro league? cause its looking shaky in d league....wonder what nba guys are gonna do to him

and if you cant cut to the rim as a SG you shouldn't be in the nba...tons of people can do that....that's not a reason to keep him

game one i was iffy 50/50

game 2 i was 0/100 that he's not good for us

we'll see what he does today

Can you explain what are these weaknesses that make him horrible at defense? What is he doing wrong? Up to now, your observations have been nothing more than empty badgering.

As for cutting, there is a difference between cutting, and knowing when and where to cut to. Zoran has good timing and spatial recognition for cutting. Truthfully, this is the last I will discuss this topic with you. There is a lack of undestanding from you for the sport beyond the fundamental aspects of the game. Your reasoning is very basic and your obsession over certain players and blind hate of others is frustrating.

I will leave it at this: I like JRich, his defensive intensity is great. I hope he can show more upside on offense so that he gets a shot on this years roster. Otherwise, he is better off spending sometime overseas. Zoran, in my opinion, has flashes of his brother and can be a solid player in the nba.

J_M_B
07-06-2015, 05:26 PM
No sense in getting too worked up over Zoran vs. Napier vs. JRich.

If any of them make the roster it's b/c we're too thin.

But Zoran has his bro.
Napier was a first round pick.

Maybe enough to keep both/either.

JRich can go oversees without taking a spot which may be reason enough to do that.

My main concern is Winslow. Remember, we not only drafted him but also turned down FOUR FIRST ROUND PICKS. He needs to be ballin!!

Most of Boston's picks are heavily protected

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Winslow has 9 points in 12 minutes

Johnson has 4 fouls in 8 minutes

well we know who won there first match up lol

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Willie reed off to a good start again

J_M_B
07-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Richardson is a DOG on the defensive end, he really gets after it

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Richardson is a DOG on the defensive end, he really gets after it

he really does...

i can see him with a tony allen like career , little better on offense.

daleja424
07-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Today's thoughts:

1. Winslow got into it defensively just needs to contest better. Johnson couldn't get a single clean look on him (except a couple of deep threes where Winslow fell victim to hand down man down). While the jump shot is concerning, he played another COMPLETE game. In fact, if he hits a couple more shots (had 5-6 that spun out) he would have easily won the matchup with Johnson. Winslow has the better physical tools but Johnson has more offensive polish.

2. Willie Reed needs a camp invite asap. Kid is real deal. Rebounds. Blocks shots. Great hands and footwork. Touch around the rim. VERY Whiteside. Sign him up.

3. Richardson gets to the hoop at will. I think he will be surprisingly effective once the bodies spread out more in preseason (summer league gets very congested). His effort and defense are plus skills. He has a good stroke. A lot to like there. Better long term prospect than Ennis or Zoran (maybe even better than Bazz).

That's about all. Others played well but don't have legit chances of sticking... So what's the point.

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 08:00 PM
3-0!

naps
07-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I am really interested to see what the Heat does with Napier. I can't see how he makes the team but then again you dont give up on a first round pick that quickly after just his rookie season. I am mostly unimpressed by his physical deficiencies. His game might come along with time but today's point guards are just bigger and more athletic than him.

Sparky
07-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Just finished watching it......agree with some of the posts here already......and I'll add........

Awesome watching Winslow vs. Stanimal
They're both going to be studs in the league. I'd be happy with either one. I gave Winslow the edge in this one for being unstoppable at drawing fouls.

JRich certainly shows potential but almost used all 10 fouls. Still, he looks good enough to justify keeping on the roster this year, but I won't be surprised if they send him overseas first. As for the comparison to Napier's SL last year, I would easily give the edge to Richardson. Napier looked like one of the worst players on the court last SL. JRich clearly shows potential with his length and aggressive style.

Willie Reed should replace Bird. He may not be better than HEALTHY BIRDZILLA......but we all know that Bird will break down and get nicked-up by season's end......and Reed does look better than banged-up, GIMPY BIRD. Saving $5m and the lux tax should make it a no brainer.......IF we can find a trade partner.

The rest of the guys were.......well......not ready for NBA action.....to put it nicely. The bench was having fun rooting for Josh Smith, but he's not making the league at 360 lbs. Tuttle has a nice feel for the game, but he's tiny for a F/C. Kolinoscopy or whatever his name is didnt shoot well enough for a shooter. Trice looks like another Napier.

Overall, I'm good on Winslow and Reed.......intrigued to see JRich more.....excited to see TJ at point some more.......and just hoping Ennis/Zoran step it up.

Go Heat!!!

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Just finished watching it......agree with some of the posts here already......and I'll add........

Awesome watching Winslow vs. Stanimal
They're both going to be studs in the league. I'd be happy with either one. I gave Winslow the edge in this one for being unstoppable at drawing fouls.

JRich certainly shows potential but almost used all 10 fouls. Still, he looks good enough to justify keeping on the roster this year, but I won't be surprised if they send him overseas first. As for the comparison to Napier's SL last year, I would easily give the edge to Richardson. Napier looked like one of the worst players on the court last SL. JRich clearly shows potential with his length and aggressive style.

Willie Reed should replace Bird. He may not be better than HEALTHY BIRDZILLA......but we all know that Bird will break down and get nicked-up by season's end......and Reed does look better than banged-up, GIMPY BIRD. Saving $5m and the lux tax should make it a no brainer.......IF we can find a trade partner.

The rest of the guys were.......well......not ready for NBA action.....to put it nicely. The bench was having fun rooting for Josh Smith, but he's not making the league at 360 lbs. Tuttle has a nice feel for the game, but he's tiny for a F/C. Kolinoscopy or whatever his name is didnt shoot well enough for a shooter. Trice looks like another Napier.

Overall, I'm good on Winslow and Reed.......intrigued to see JRich more.....excited to see TJ at point some more.......and just hoping Ennis/Zoran step it up.

Go Heat!!!

I gave it to Winslow to , maybe cause I'm bias

He did shoot 5-15

But Stanley had 4 fouls in 8 minutes and another by 10 minutes so none of his stats would of really existed in a game

Sparky
07-06-2015, 10:08 PM
I gave it to Winslow to , maybe cause I'm bias

He did shoot 5-15

But Stanley had 4 fouls in 8 minutes and another by 10 minutes so none of his stats would of really existed in a game

Did you count how many fouls Winslow had? I think I only saw 3 or 4.

AllBall
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I am really interested to see what the Heat does with Napier. I can't see how he makes the team but then again you dont give up on a first round pick that quickly after just his rookie season. I am mostly unimpressed by his physical deficiencies. His game might come along with time but today's point guards are just bigger and more athletic than him.

Let's be honest. Napier is a relic of the Lebron era. Will not care if he gets cut.

Sparky
07-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Let's be honest. Napier is a relic of the Lebron era. Will not care if he gets cut.

In fairness, it's not his fault that Lebron tweeted about him. And that Lebron wants to be a GM and that Riley may have felt inclined to draft him to appease Lebron.

But........he just flat out hasn't look good anytime he has played.....not in SL.....not in the regular season.....not in garbage time......barely showed even a hint of a flash. And the size limitation leaves him with very limited upside. Maybe if he puts on 15 lbs of muscle over the next few years.....but some other team may need to wait for that to develop.

hotdalton18
07-06-2015, 11:33 PM

In fairness, it's not his fault that Lebron tweeted about him. And that Lebron wants to be a GM and that Riley may have felt inclined to draft him to appease Lebron.

But........he just flat out hasn't look good anytime he has played.....not in SL.....not in the regular season.....not in garbage time......barely showed even a hint of a flash. And the size limitation leaves him with very limited upside. Maybe if he puts on 15 lbs of muscle over the next few years.....but some other team may need to wait for that to develop.

Add him in a salary dump to the 76ers

beasted86
07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Add him in a salary dump to the 76ers

76ers haven't taken any salary dumps without a first and we have none to give up until what? 2023? Not happening.

beasted86
07-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Expect Reed and Richardson to get a camp invite.

But realistically Richardson, Zoran, Ennis, and Napier shouldn't be in an NBA rotation yet. Too limited in certain areas or inconsistent.

They can simply cut Ennis because he's not guaranteed and sign a guy like Dorell.

But Napier and Zoran are guaranteed for about $3M combined and not worth the spot on a supposed contender.

If we were rebuilding it would be fine to keep them around, but I'm not sure now that we expect to contend for a deep playoff run.

KingOfDaNorth
07-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Expect Reed and Richardson to get a camp invite.

But realistically Richardson, Zoran, Ennis, and Napier shouldn't be in an NBA rotation yet. Too limited in certain areas or inconsistent.

They can simply cut Ennis because he's not guaranteed and sign a guy like Dorell.

But Napier and Zoran are guaranteed for about $3M combined and not worth the spot on a supposed contender.

If we were rebuilding it would be fine to keep them around, but I'm not sure now that we expect to contend for a deep playoff run.

How likely do you think it is that we cut Ennis?

hotdalton18
07-07-2015, 12:51 PM

Depends if spo likes him

at this rate its a good chance

AllBall
07-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Very high right now. Even Ira was saying this.

beasted86
07-07-2015, 02:43 PM

Pretty high at this point.

KingOfDaNorth
07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Pretty high at this point.

Should we expect a replacement such as Dorrell Wright?

beasted86
07-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Should we expect a replacement such as Dorrell Wright?

I'd love that signing over keeping Ennis, obviously.

Any of Wright, Green, or Crawford through a trade added to Winslow would improve our SG/SF depth a lot.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 11:41 AM
BTW Rj hunter has 0 points in 2 games...yet to hit any shots lol

AllBall
07-08-2015, 04:13 PM
edit: wrong thread

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Bazz starting tonite over Johnson

thats wack to me , Johnson has been playing good

make bazz prove himself off the bench...even in SL

daleja424
07-08-2015, 05:07 PM

That's why no one pays you for basketball decisions. There are A TON of reasons why he is starting (actual pg, invested in him as 1st rounder, figure out if they need guard help, increase trade value, etc etc etc)

daleja424
07-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Oh... And BAZZ Is already BEASTING.

daleja424
07-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Zoran does not belong in this game. Can't guard his shadow at the moment.

AllBall
07-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Dude, its summer league. I'm pretty sure since it's the last day in Orlando they want to see what the others have and rest up the 1st group for Vegas.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 05:33 PM
That's why no one pays you for basketball decisions. There are A TON of reasons why he is starting (actual pg, invested in him as 1st rounder, figure out if they need guard help, increase trade value, etc etc etc)

nobody pays any of us

and yah he started off good , we shall see what happens

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Zoran does not belong in this game. Can't guard his shadow at the moment.

Agreed

time to go back over seas

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 05:58 PM
We forcing up dumb threes.... and by we I mean Zoran and Ennis. Take threes in the motion of the offense... not iso pull up threes.

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Winslow is resting. Napier and reed looking real good. TJ looks like a combo guard when compared to a true pg like napier. Ennis gets scrappy points... but otherwise looks like a mess out there. Zoran has made some nice passes and moved the ball well on some trips... then looked like a dleaguer on others. JRich was quiet when on the court for the exception of a 3. All others are not very noteworthy.

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 06:12 PM
I post those comments about zoran and ennis... immediately after the return from the half, ennis and zoran come out poised and under control. Making plays.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Napier and Reed show

daleja424
07-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Oh Zoran... This shouldn't even be a game.

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Reed just made the team with this game. Zoran had a very good second half... but almost chucked it away with those missed freethrows (only ones he missed all game!). Napier had a good game, but was a liability on D. Get well soon Tyler. Ennis, you may be the roster spot we use for Reed if you keep up this out of control play. Winslow... work on that shot. Riley... make a move already!

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Reed just made the team with this game. Zoran had a very good second half... but almost chucked it away with those missed freethrows (only ones he missed all game!). Napier had a good game, but was a liability on D. Get well soon Tyler. Ennis, you may be the roster spot we use for Reed if you keep up this out of control play. Winslow... work on that shot. Riley... make a move already!

stop with the zoran good stuff , nobody else see's it

in the other 2 games he's a combined 36% shooting...60% free throws and shaky defense

today 3-8....

no

he'd be average in the dleague

Sparky
07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Just finished watching it......

Kudos to Shabazz Napier. I've been very critical of him but today.....for the first time since we drafted him......I saw some of that talent we saw at UConn.

TJ scrappy as usual but I agree better as a combo guard.

Willie Reed is legit.

Ennis better today but damn, that handle is shaky.

When Zoran looks bad.....he looks really bad. Took a few charges but not a good showing for him.

JRich still shows a lot of potential.....just have to be patient with him.

At least I feel better about our 2014 1st round pick. And very pleased with Reed.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 07:30 PM

Kudos to Shabazz Napier. I've been very critical of him but today.....for the first time since we drafted him......I saw some of that talent we saw at UConn.

Willie Reed is legit.

When Zoran looks bad.....he looks really bad. Took a few charges but not a good showing for him.

At least I feel better about our 2014 1st round pick. And very pleased with Reed.

same here

Napier impressed...now he has to build on it

he lost me completely

time to get me back lol

Sparky
07-08-2015, 07:41 PM
same here

Napier impressed...now he has to build on it

he lost me completely

time to get me back lol

Or if they're shopping him, he just helped his stock.

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 07:56 PM

Willie Reed is legit.

JRich was quiet today. Didn't play much. Didn't do much. Ennis is all over the place and often out of control on offense. Willie did good! We should sell shabazz high now! It was probably a showing for an interested team.

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 08:11 PM
stop with the zoran good stuff , nobody else see's it

in the other 2 games he's a combined 36% shooting...60% free throws and shaky defense

today 3-8....

no

he'd be average in the dleague

Keywords: "second half". I can name 2 or 3 things he did wrong, but plenty he did right in that second half. You know how to do just one thing with this guy... hate. I try to be unbiased and even with all players and was clear earlier that he was looking bad the first half. He is a shooter who hasn't been hitting his shot. Guess what though... he found other ways to make an impact on the game and did just that during the second half. He missed two big free throws down the stretch and went for a bone headed reverse layup that got blocked on the defended side of the basket. Outside of that... he was drawimg fouls, getting assists, drawing charges, and was there to cut off the baseline drive for the last stop of the game.

You judge him only by his flaws... but then turn and judge others only by their strengths. I mentioned all relevant players... but chose to pick at that one guy you are extremely biased about.

Name what he did wrong please so that I can better understand your hate of this guy. And remember that we are talking about the second half.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Keywords: "second half". I can name 2 or 3 things he did wrong, but plenty he did right in that second half. You know how to do just one thing with this guy... hate. I try to be unbiased and even with all players and was clear earlier that he was looking bad the first half. He is a shooter who hasn't been hitting his shot. Guess what though... he found other ways to make an impact on the game and did just that during the second half. He missed two big free throws down the stretch and went for a bone headed reverse layup that got blocked on the defended side of the basket. Outside of that... he was drawimg fouls, getting assists, drawing charges, and was there to cut off the baseline drive for the last stop of the game.

You judge him only by his flaws... but then turn and judge others only by their strengths. I mentioned all relevant players... but chose to pick at that one guy you are extremely biased about.

Name what he did wrong please so that I can better understand your hate of this guy. And remember that we are talking about the second half.

nobody else think he's doin good , its not just me

in 10 minutes he was 0-2 , 2 TO and 2 fouls

terrible first half

2nd half was ok

not great , not terrible

SL all around has dropped his stock , way down

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 09:25 PM

terrible first half

2nd half was ok

not great , not terrible

So... is that not what I said? He had a horrible first half but made up for it in the second half? Despite what you say you see... you have not provided concrete issues, all the while I have provided plenty of pros and cons to his game. I am just asking that you tone down the blind hateand bias. He is actually much better than you paint him out to be.

I can make any of your beloved players that you always push onto sound like total garbage by just emphasizing their cons. That is the type of bias analysis we get from you on both ends... totally awesome player... or totally awful. No happy medium. With guidance from his brother and an nba coaching staff... he can be a serviceable nba player. He already has a Goranesque game to him.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 09:55 PM

terrible first half

2nd half was ok

not great , not terrible

So... is that not what I said? He had a horrible first half but made up for it in the second half? Despite what you say you see... you have not provided concrete issues, all the while I have provided plenty of pros and cons to his game. I am just asking that you tone down the blind hateand bias. He is actually much better than you paint him out to be.

I can make any of your beloved players that you always push onto sound like total garbage by just emphasizing their cons. That is the type of bias analysis we get from you on both ends... totally awesome player... or totally awful. No happy medium. With guidance from his brother and an nba coaching staff... he can be a serviceable nba player. He already has a Goranesque game to him.

No man we just disagree

And I feel my reasons are concrete

This is SL aka dleague level

In the 1st two games he shoots 36%

Then this game he's 3-8

Not to mention 0-2 , 2 TO's and 2 fouls all within 10 minutes

Any contested shot he puts up is ugly

Just because he looks like his brother and has his name doesn't mean he has that potential

By those bum numbers and he's playing dleaguers

How's he's gonna compete with nba talent when he sucks Vs dleaguers that he's older then most ?

MiamiLoyal926
07-08-2015, 11:16 PM
No man we just disagree

Then this game he's 3-8

Just because he looks like his brother and has his name doesn't mean he has that potential

How's he's gonna compete with nba talent when he sucks Vs dleaguers that he's older then most ?

Great argument... his shot is "ugly", "bum" numbers...

I say his style of game is much like his brothers.... your interpretation: I said he looks and has the same name so that means I automatically feel he must have the same potential.

Look man... you provide no concrete proof to your reasoning other than "I feel my reasons are concrete".

You mainly only mention stats as proof, but then ignore those same stats that say a worse story about your faved players.

On the other hand, I am looking more at the things he does on the court to help his team win. Not just stats or the obvious, but his overall composure, contributions, making the right play, and ability to impact the game in multiple ways. This is how I look at every player because at the end of the day, I am a head basketball coach and must do the same for my players and the competition. This does not make me automatically right, but does help explain my approach to analyzing these SL players during these meaningless games, versus subpar players.

On this topic, you have been biased and closed minded. I am done holding a dialogue about the intacressies of basketball with someone whose reasoning is supported like that of a kindergartener: "because I said so and my friends dont like him anyways".

We disagree. That is all. We shall leave it at that.

hotdalton18
07-08-2015, 11:20 PM
No man we just disagree

Then this game he's 3-8

I say his style of game is much like his brothers.... your interpretation: I said he looks and has the same name so that means I automatically feel he must have the same potential.

Look man... you provide no concrete proof to your reasoning other than "I feel my reasons are concrete".

You mainly only mention stats as proof, but then ignore those same stats that say a worse story about your faved players.

On the other hand, I am looking more at the things he does on the court to help his team win. Not just stats or the obvious, but his overall composure, contributions, making the right play, and ability to impact the game in multiple ways. This is how I look at every player because at the end of the day, I am a head basketball coach and must do the same for my players and the competition. This does not make me automatically right, but does help explain my approach to analyzing these SL players during these meaningless games, versus subpar players.

On this topic, you have been biased and closed minded. I am done holding a dialogue about the intacressies of basketball with someone whose reasoning is supported like that of a kindergartener: "because I said so and my friends dont like him anyways".

Yah I said his shot is ugly

But so are all his numbers including fg% Vs dleaguers and that's the concrete

He's 26 not 20

But we can agree to disagree

naps
07-09-2015, 03:21 AM

hotdalton has hard on for some really garbage players. He unreasonably love some players and hate some. Like James Ennis was the greatest thing since jesus in his eyes lol

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 07:40 AM
No man we just disagree

Then this game he's 3-8

Yah I said his shot is ugly

But so are all his numbers including fg% Vs dleaguers and that's the concrete

He's 26 not 20

But we can agree to disagree
You are a sped. why do you get into debates with people?

MonroeFAN
07-09-2015, 07:42 AM

terrible first half

2nd half was ok

not great , not terrible

Are you talking about Winslow or Zoran? Serious question.

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Are you talking about Winslow or Zoran? Serious question.

Obviously Zoran since in the next post i put he's 26 not a 20 year old kid

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 07:33 PM
We missed out on the SL championship game even tho were undefeated because of the stupid quarter system

So now were in the 3rd place game which will be Winslow vs Stanley again

then our next game is Saturday vs the Jazz which is a game i will be going to! very excited

Sparky
07-10-2015, 10:21 AM
We missed out on the SL championship game even tho were undefeated because of the stupid quarter system

So now were in the 3rd place game which will be Winslow vs Stanley again

then our next game is Saturday vs the Jazz which is a game i will be going to! very excited

Meh.........more psyched to see Winslow vs. Stanimal again.

Also kind of intrigued by what we saw from Napier. He had been so bad every time he had ever played for us - dating back to last SL - but then out of nowhere, he actually looked talented last game. And that was his first game coming off injury so he was expected to be rusty.

I actually did lol in the fourth quarter when the commentator said something about Napier making a "Steph Curry-like" move. I had made so much fun of that comparison a month ago and then.....there you have it. Not getting ahead of myself but...........at least intrigued.

As for big man......without Reed.......gonna be interesting to see big Josh Smith.........and maybe better to see what Olaseni can do. But we'll be downgraded at C for sure now.

And of course..........we'll see how your boy Zoran does. lol

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 10:38 AM
No winslow so far!?!?! Zoran and Richardson only players of interest playing so far. Zoran has done a great job containing Stanley and Richardson's shot looked good on offense. Outside of that... I miss Reed!!!

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Richardson playing like he wants to compete for a spot

kinda glad there resting naper , Winslow and ennis to ensure they play tomorrow when ill be there LIVE!

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Meh.........more psyched to see Winslow vs. Stanimal again.

Also kind of intrigued by what we saw from Napier. He had been so bad every time he had ever played for us - dating back to last SL - but then out of nowhere, he actually looked talented last game. And that was his first game coming off injury so he was expected to be rusty.

I actually did lol in the fourth quarter when the commentator said something about Napier making a "Steph Curry-like" move. I had made so much fun of that comparison a month ago and then.....there you have it. Not getting ahead of myself but...........at least intrigued.

As for big man......without Reed.......gonna be interesting to see big Josh Smith.........and maybe better to see what Olaseni can do. But we'll be downgraded at C for sure now.

And of course..........we'll see how your boy Zoran does. lol

lol my boy zoran x)))

i think we should sign chris walker for vegas

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Richardson had a nice day today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG4umHpNCyc

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Funny... I know another guy with a similar game.... and also shut stanley down, but you can't give credit, where credit is due. It baffles me how biased you can be just to push your propaganda. Two players shined today. JRich was one, can you name the other?

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Funny... I know another guy with a similar game.... and also shut stanley down, but you can't give credit, where credit is due. It baffles me how biased you can be just to push your propaganda. Two players shined today. JRich was one, can you name the other?

Zoran Dragic had a good game today

had an average game , 2 bad ones then a good one as a 26 year old vs dleaguers

Kalinoski also had a nice day , i didn't mention him either

i try not to mention guys who wont be playing next year or have a future on the team

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 04:24 PM

i try not to mention guys who wont be playing next year or have a future on the team

I see... good start to your post... but then down hill. I had hope. Guess there is still none with you.

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 04:27 PM

Oh... btw, he covered and was covered by an NBA player in stanley today in case your blind bias missed it.

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Oh... btw, he covered and was covered by an NBA player in stanley today in case your blind bias missed it.

Yes i said he had a good game today

i also realized he had an average one and 2 very bad ones in the other games as a 26 year old vs dleague talent

good game today

i didn't mention him for the same reason i didn't mention Kalinoski

who actually might have a decent future if he can work on his D and be a sharp shooter

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Yes i said he had a good game today

i also realized he had an average one and 2 very bad ones in the other games as a 26 year old vs dleague talent

good game today

i didn't mention him for the same reason i didn't mention Kalinoski

who actually might have a decent future if he can work on his D and be a sharp shooter

So... that last statement is a perfect example of your strong bias against Zoki. You are more willing to give credit to others players and resist giving Zoran credit on almost all occasions.... all because he is 26?

So a 26 year old has nothing else they can learn and no more room for growth? They are past their prime?

Goran didn't do much until he was 27. Thank goodness coaches saw the promise in him and kept giving him chances. This will be his second season in the nba. He still has much to learn and adjustments to make, this I admit to, but he has shown flashes and instincts that give him the potential to have an impact like his brother before him. This is especially true considering he hasn't even hit his prime years. He may not be performing consistently, but as a second year player in the nba, he is making some nice plays and looking solid on D.

I still hold out hope for you... you can overcome this bias of yours and see him for his pros. If he adjusts, he can be solid bench help for years to come.

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 05:39 PM
So... that last statement is a perfect example of your strong bias against Zoki. You are more willing to give credit to others players and resist giving Zoran credit on almost all occasions.... all because he is 26?

So a 26 year old has nothing else they can learn and no more room for growth? They are past their prime?

Goran didn't do much until he was 27. Thank goodness coaches saw the promise in him and kept giving him chances. This will be his second season in the nba. He still has much to learn and adjustments to make, this I admit to, but he has shown flashes and instincts that give him the potential to have an impact like his brother before him. This is especially true considering he hasn't even hit his prime years. He may not be performing consistently, but as a second year player in the nba, he is making some nice plays and looking solid on D.

I still hold out hope for you... you can overcome this bias of yours and see him for his pros. If he adjusts, he can be solid bench help for years to come.

no not just cause he's 26 all tho yes theres a difference if he makes a mistake compared to if a 20 year old makes the same mistake

1 good game in 4 , vs non nba talent for the most part

daleja424
07-10-2015, 06:36 PM

You are playing the result. He did the same thing today as every other game except some of the shots went in. He still has questionable athleticism, limited defensive potential, and still forces the action far too often.

The reality of Zoran is this: he has been playing pro basketball for 11 years and is still playing summer league ball (and not particularly successfully).

He has no chance at rotation minutes on this team if we are being honest... So why not use the spot on someone who might make a difference at some point?

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 08:01 PM
You are playing the result. He did the same thing today as every other game except some of the shots went in. He still has questionable athleticism, limited defensive potential, and still forces the action far too often.

The reality of Zoran is this: he has been playing pro basketball for 11 years and is still playing summer league ball (and not particularly successfully).

He has no chance at rotation minutes on this team if we are being honest... So why not use the spot on someone who might make a difference at some point?

I am not playing the result... I am maximizing on the results to try to reach some sense into the blind hate displayed by Hotdalton who only really ever focuses on stats and results. I have tried to talk to him using examples of things that he does on the court that are valuable towards a teams success (not necessarily a players). Things that a coach and team would value, where as many fans would not notice since they only look for those results you refer to. As I have mentioned before, this is my career and thus have made it a habit to look at the game from a different perspective. Zoran HAS been solid on D and displayed that today by locking up Stanley. He has been eratic on offense and has also taken bone headed shots. But, he has also made great plays on offense, attacks the rim, draws fouls, and finds his teammates well. He is also a shooter who has been a bit cold and forcing his shot. If he gets more open looks like he would if he was on the court with focal points like his bro, wade, and bosh... he would force less shots and take more open shots, thus be more consistent as well.

Point is... he makes winning plays. Hotdalton... and to a certain extent you as well are the ones focusing on the results and not the things he does that do not result in a stat.

Sparky
07-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Two quick takeaways from that game....

I see why Riley had a 1st round grade on JRich.

Sometimes Zoran looks like a poor man's Goran. And sometimes he looks like a poor man's......well......Zoran.

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 08:51 PM

I am not playing the result... I am maximizing on the results to try to reach some sense into the blind hate displayed by Hotdalton who only really ever focuses on stats and results. I have tried to talk to him using examples of things that he does on the court that are valuable towards a teams success (not necessarily a players). Things that a coach and team would value, where as many fans would not notice since they only look for those results you refer to. As I have mentioned before, this is my career and thus have made it a habit to look at the game from a different perspective. Zoran HAS been solid on D and displayed that today by locking up Stanley. He has been eratic on offense and has also taken bone headed shots. But, he has also made great plays on offense, attacks the rim, draws fouls, and finds his teammates well. He is also a shooter who has been a bit cold and forcing his shot. If he gets more open looks like he would if he was on the court with focal points like his bro, wade, and bosh... he would force less shots and take more open shots, thus be more consistent as well.

Point is... he makes winning plays. Hotdalton... and to a certain extent you as well are the ones focusing on the results and not the things he does that do not result in a stat.

It's not blind hate

He had 1 good game Vs dleague talent

That is stats , stats are facts

He will not get minutes in the nba

Could have a decent career in deluge

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 10:09 PM
It's not blind hate

Ok.

Sparky
07-10-2015, 10:27 PM
It's not blind hate

So you won't be wearing a "Z Dragic" Heat jersey at the game tomorrow?

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 10:31 PM
It's not blind hate

So you won't be wearing a "Z Dragic" Heat jersey at the game tomorrow?

Haha no!

I did get a Winslow shirt tho

Maybe I can get him to sign it

hotdalton18
07-11-2015, 03:28 AM
Upshaw had 3 blocks in 12 minutes n got signed by the lakers to a two year deal

Would if been nice to have as a 3rd center

daleja424
07-11-2015, 08:25 PM

What do you see as his NBA skills? Instead of speaking about intangibles (which I am fully in support of) I want to know what NBA ready skills he comes with. I think he is OKAY at a lot of things, but I don't see NBA level skills.

For example: His ball handling is good, but not great. He gets to the rim okay, but can't finish in traffic. He splits the defense with a nifty in between dribble, but he gets the ball stripped inside. He shoots a decent ball, but not with much efficiency (in fact his shot appears to differ from shot to shot...which explains up and down results). He tried on defense, but he is too light and doesn't have elite lateral quickness.

So what contribution will he make to an NBA team? Name ONE decent NBA player that doesn't have one of the following: elite athleticism, plus size/length, great ball handling, deadly shooter, dangerous slasher. To be decent you have to have at least one elite skill. To be good you have to have many.

I am not blindly hating Zoran, I just don't see ANY part of his game that is NBA ready. An at age 27, I doubt whether he can develop an elite skill at this point.

Final thought on this... if I was ranking the HEAT's summer league team it would go like this: Reed, Winslow, Johnson, Napier, Ennis, Richardson, Zoran, who cares (with Rich and Zoran arguably interchangeable). That makes Zoran the 5th or 6th best player on our SUMMER LEAGUE team... which makes him the 14th or 15th best player on our actual roster. He is a fringe NBA player. I'm not hating...I am just being realistic.

hotdalton18
07-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Games were awesome tonite

Napier good in limited minutes

Richardson was MVP tonite

Winslow sat out /:

Got a pic with James ennis!

Joel embidd is a dick lol

Okafor n towns are nba ready

Good 8 hours of fun for 25$

lavilevi23
07-12-2015, 01:38 AM
LMAO hotdalton got a pic with his GOAT

hotdalton18
07-12-2015, 02:06 AM
LMAO hotdalton got a pic with his GOAT

he's the only player that ran over , perfect tho right? Lol

naps
07-12-2015, 03:45 AM
hotdalton, tell me you had an orgasm while you took that pic with Ennis. You love yourself some Ennis man lol

MiamiLoyal926
07-12-2015, 09:53 AM
What do you see as his NBA skills? Instead of speaking about intangibles (which I am fully in support of) I want to know what NBA ready skills he comes with. I think he is OKAY at a lot of things, but I don't see NBA level skills.

For example: His ball handling is good, but not great. He gets to the rim okay, but can't finish in traffic. He splits the defense with a nifty in between dribble, but he gets the ball stripped inside. He shoots a decent ball, but not with much efficiency (in fact his shot appears to differ from shot to shot...which explains up and down results). He tried on defense, but he is too light and doesn't have elite lateral quickness.

So what contribution will he make to an NBA team? Name ONE decent NBA player that doesn't have one of the following: elite athleticism, plus size/length, great ball handling, deadly shooter, dangerous slasher. To be decent you have to have at least one elite skill. To be good you have to have many.

I am not blindly hating Zoran, I just don't see ANY part of his game that is NBA ready. An at age 27, I doubt whether he can develop an elite skill at this point.

Final thought on this... if I was ranking the HEAT's summer league team it would go like this: Reed, Winslow, Johnson, Napier, Ennis, Richardson, Zoran, who cares (with Rich and Zoran arguably interchangeable). That makes Zoran the 5th or 6th best player on our SUMMER LEAGUE team... which makes him the 14th or 15th best player on our actual roster. He is a fringe NBA player. I'm not hating...I am just being realistic.

I can respect all that you said. When refering to blind hate, that was never aimed towards you. You have provided solid reasoning, and never quite gone the length and said he is plain garbage.

As you said, he is currently showing to be a jack of a trades, but an expert of none. If I had to choose which nba skill he is fringe on making a career out of, it is shooting. If the coaching staff can help him get rid of the hitch in his shot, and Zoki puts in the time (like ray allen did before and after games), that can be his main weapon. He is good in many areas, but not great yet in any. All he needs to do is work on two areas of his game; likely shooting and adjusting to the defense in the lanes. He will make a name for himself if can take some of his skills to the next level.

My issue on this topic, and with hotdalton, is the fact that he apparently has no nba promise, sucks on D, is "terrible" in the lanes, ... blah blah blah. Hotdalton throws stats at us, but does not see a player for his actual in game contributions. So a player is either hot or cold. Garbage or "mvp".

You have expressed a similar view towards Zoki, but in a much more reasonable way, with valid explanations, and less extremes. You are on the fence about his ability to translate in the nba, but recognize him for a decent player. On the other hand, I am disputing against the notion that Zoki is garbage and discussing the idea that he actually has nba promise, should he take any one or two of those skills to the next level. He has done fairly well in SL all around, just not great.

hotdalton18
07-12-2015, 01:35 PM
hotdalton, tell me you had an orgasm while you took that pic with Ennis. You love yourself some Ennis man lol

Lmao I will say it got the heart pumping

Now we for sure can't cut him !

hotdalton18
07-12-2015, 01:36 PM
It was pretty funny to cause we were last game

So it was me and my friend Vs an arena full of jazz fans

Sparky
07-12-2015, 03:48 PM

You could hear the Jazz fans on TV....screaming.....defense....defense.....and they showed some young Jazz kids in the stands. Pretty funny.

Just disappointed that Winslow sat again. I hope nothing's up.

Still came away thinking Napier looks a lot better than last year (despite his % from the floor).

And again came away impressed with JRich.

hotdalton18
07-12-2015, 06:20 PM

You could hear the Jazz fans on TV....screaming.....defense....defense.....and they showed some young Jazz kids in the stands. Pretty funny.

Just disappointed that Winslow sat again. I hope nothing's up.

Still came away thinking Napier looks a lot better than last year (despite his % from the floor).

And again came away impressed with JRich.

Yah they got loud , not as loud as the laker fans in the game before tho...you'd like they were cheering like it was a championship lmao

N yah Napier looked better again...was really driving n getting fouls

J rich was very impressive last night...if he has any offense to go with his defense you know it's gonna be a good night

king james
07-12-2015, 10:27 PM
U all have a different outlook than I do on Napier. He was driving but it looked more like he was forcing it. When he got there he didn't have a plan. He got bailed out on a couple of times late in the game imo. If I had to choose between Napier and JRICH give me JRICH. He just seems more comfortable and decisive when he's out there.

If you want to compare Napier to last years Napier then yes he is leaps and bounds better. I

hotdalton18
07-13-2015, 01:42 AM
U all have a different outlook than I do on Napier. He was driving but it looked more like he was forcing it. When he got there he didn't have a plan. He got bailed out on a couple of times late in the game imo. If I had to choose between Napier and JRICH give me JRICH. He just seems more comfortable and decisive when he's out there.

If you want to compare Napier to last years Napier then yes he is leaps and bounds better. I

I'd choose j rich to , over a couple guys that will make it

But thanks to the contract situation I just don't see him being on this year

Sparky
07-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Yah they got loud , not as loud as the laker fans in the game before tho...you'd like they were cheering like it was a championship lmao

N yah Napier looked better again...was really driving n getting fouls

J rich was very impressive last night...if he has any offense to go with his defense you know it's gonna be a good night

Closest they're gonna get for a long time.

18 points and 16 points in back-to-back games with travel, no rest, and playing with mostly the backups of our SL squad. Wow, I know the overseas deal makes cap sense but tough call here to send him away while keeping the likes of Napier, Zoran, Ennis, and even TJ. Not sure any of them are better than JRich even as a rook.

Sparky
07-13-2015, 09:39 AM

Good point.......maybe just seeing anything positive from Napier has warped my view. He'll still have the same size/strength limitations and it's not like he shot well from the field (albeit being rusty is a legit excuse for him).

JRich is certainly raw but he hasn't been turning the ball over. His shot has been good. And at least you know he can bring the defense any night. Just won't have 10 fouls to work with in real NBA games.

Tough call here.....