PDA

View Full Version : Draft day Winners and Losers

5ass
06-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Your thoughts on draft day (trades included)

BKLYNpigeon
06-26-2015, 05:17 PM
overall it was pretty uneventful.

Winners and Losers are based off of someones Mock Draft and seeding. Which means nothing until you see these kids play.

Clint Olbrock
06-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Cavs for sure lost lol idk about anyone else.

Silent
06-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Winners Warriors Heat Wolves Bulls Heat

Losers Sixers Cavs Hawks Celtics

Knicks Could go either way only time will tell

numba1CHANGsta
06-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Winners: Wolves, Lakers, Heat

Losers: BOS, NY, PHI (just cuz they didn't get Russell, Philly has like 4 centers and no guards lol)

YAALREADYKNO
06-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Why would the cavs trade tyus jones for 2 second rounders who probably won't play much?

Avenged
06-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Winners: Wolves, Lakers, Heat

Losers: BOS, NY, PHI (just cuz they didn't get Russell, Philly has like 4 centers and no guards lol)

You're not a loser if you draft Okafor.

Knicks are the easiest losers.. ouch

LA4life24/8
06-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Winners: wolves (KAT and tyus) Lakers Heat (winslow at 10?!!)
Losers: Celtics (couldn't trade into top 10),philly (missing their guy russ), kings ( draft day rumors could break their team) And KNICKS FANS & Carmelo Anthony

WITZ
06-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Why would the cavs trade tyus jones for 2 second rounders who probably won't play much?

Unguaranteed contracts of 2nd rounders have more value to the cavs team rather than paying a backup and upping their luxury tax. Chad ford had the euro they drafted as #3 prospect from there so not bad i guess.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Lol I am not a big OKA fan but really the hate is laughable... They are a big time winner...

Winners- Lakers--->Wolves---->Heat---->Sixers------------->Everyone else

Losers- Knicks/Celtics

Bruno
06-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Glad to see so many Phili fans be excited about a great player. Personally, I think Embiid is the guy who needs to go. Noel/Okafor for me personally, considering health and potential attitude problems.

ManningToTyree
06-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Okafor is going to be the best of philly's three big guys

PraiseJesus
06-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Lakers are by far the biggest winners of this draft. They just landed one of the best PG prospects that I've ever seen

Rick Pitino: D'Angelo Russell is the greatest passer since Magic Johnson

Not only does Russell have a ‘James Harden like’ scoring ability, but his passing skills are some of the best we’ve seen out of prospect in quite some time.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/rick-pitino-dangelo-russell-is-the-greatest-passer-since-magic-johnson

PraiseJesus
06-26-2015, 06:30 PM
LAKERS ARE DLOADING...............

http://giphy.com/gifs/nasty-dangelo-qwOF31KNd405W?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_click

LA4life24/8
06-26-2015, 06:31 PM
Lol I am not a big OKA fan but really the hate is laughable... They are a big time winner...

Winners- Lakers--->Wolves---->Heat---->Sixers------------->Everyone else

Losers- Knicks/Celtics

I'm not knocking oka... I wouldn't have been mad if LA picked him, but when you miss the guy you really wanted that you actually could have gotten u think you lose

Kyben36
06-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Winners

Timberwolves (although, they were winners when they won the lottery)
Lakers ( Russel and Randall Will be a nice combo for years to come, nice foundation for the Lakers)
Nuggets ( Got they Player they wanted, why they were willing to move Lawson)
Heat (Winslow was a steal)
Thunder ( They got their guy)
Washington (Oubre to move up 4 spots for 2 2nd round picks)
Rockets (Dekker and Harrell)
Bulls (Portis Fell in their laps)
Wariors ( Never really liked Looney but at 30)

Loosers

Philly (not for Draft Talent, They actually got the 2nd best player, but the poor way he fits, Noel Emdid and Okafor are 3 Centers, None of which can shoot FTs or space the floor)
Knicks ( I actually like Porzingis alot, but the fact that none of the top 3 fell to them makes them loosers)
Hornets ( Never Bought into the Kaminsky Love)
Celtics ( not because i dont like what they got, but because they tried so hard to move up, to #3 for Okafor, and #9 for Winslow, and Failed )
Hawks ( moved out for an overated player in Hardaway Jr)
Cavs ( Tyus Jones would have been great next to Lebron, instead, they trade out)
Lakers (how can they be winners and loosers, because their 2nd first round pick openly called Kobe a Rapist on social media LOL)

Bigest Loosers

Cliff Alexander (Went from top 5 Before the year, to UNDrafted)
Aaron Harrision (not sure whats worse. to go from a lotery caliber pick to undrafted, or to watch your twin brother Andrew Get Drafted while you dont, Hardships of being a Twin and allways competing with one another)
Mouhammadou Jaiteh ( Came in and out of the drafts the past two years, finally decided to enter and went undrafted)

LA4life24/8
06-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Glad to see so many Phili fans be excited about a great player. Personally, I think Embiid is the guy who needs to go. Noel/Okafor for me personally, considering health and potential attitude problems.

I agree completely, I would trade embiid while hid value is still high

LA4life24/8
06-26-2015, 06:36 PM
LAKERS ARE DLOADING...............
http://giphy.com/gifs/nasty-dangelo-qwOF31KNd405W?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_click

Sick pass definitely excited to see that for LA... him and Clarkson gonna get out and run!

MELO 15
06-26-2015, 06:37 PM
How can anyone say that the knicks are losers in this trade. Porzingis is projected to be the player with the most upside, and he fits the bill as far as a stretch 4 who can shoot lights out, and everyone was talking about how the knicks should have drafted a player that could help them win now, and everyone was calling for Mudiay. They got a player that is build the same way mudiay is, and is a proven player. He came out of college as being the 2nd best Pg behind russel and is said to have best IQ coming out of this draft, not to mention he is a better shooter than mudiay. the knicks came out winners. And my boy Melo isn't feeling it right now, but we have to remember that none of these rookies will come in and have an immediate impact. Lebron didn't in his first year, durant didn't in his first year, so what makes anyone think that any of these draft picks will do the same. The key to the Knicks is FA, if they are able to pull off some good to great FA, than Knicks fans will appreciate what Phil is doing.

Winners: NY, Heat, Wolves, LA, and Bulls
Losers: Philly, because they have a plethora of BIGS and they didn't address there needs at the PG
Nets: Only because of who they gave up when they traded

Kyben36
06-26-2015, 06:41 PM
How can anyone say that the knicks are losers in this trade. Porzingis is projected to be the player with the most upside, and he fits the bill as far as a stretch 4 who can shoot lights out, and everyone was talking about how the knicks should have drafted a player that could help them win now, and everyone was calling for Mudiay. They got a player that is build the same way mudiay is, and is a proven player. He came out of college as being the 2nd best Pg behind russel and is said to have best IQ coming out of this draft, not to mention he is a better shooter than mudiay. the knicks came out winners. And my boy Melo isn't feeling it right now, but we have to remember that none of these rookies will come in and have an immediate impact. Lebron didn't in his first year, durant didn't in his first year, so what makes anyone think that any of these draft picks will do the same.

Winners: NY, Heat, Wolves, LA, and Bulls
Losers: Philly, because they have a plethora of BIGS and they didn't address there needs at the PG
Nets: Only because of who they gave up when they traded

Like I said, I called them loosers, because none of the top 3 fell like they wanted, I love Porzingis and think overall, he will be the best player out of this draft, followed My Mudiay.

MELO 15
06-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Like I said, I called them loosers, because none of the top 3 fell like they wanted, I love Porzingis and think overall, he will be the best player out of this draft, followed My Mudiay.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, as a matter of fact I can truly see where your coming from with that comment, but Im glad that you can see his potential

PraiseJesus
06-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Lakers win

mngopher35
06-26-2015, 07:00 PM

I think Noel/okafor will be their big man combo as well, for now having all 3 is fine. People are looking way too much into how a bottom 3 and rebuilding team fits together.

With that said each of those two are elite on one end of the court (or will be). Embiid has tons of potential which can be good for trades if he's cleared medically. If he's not cleared medically the. You still have the other two bigs (plus saric who I don't know much about. Is he coming over? Can he shoot?).

Russell probably did fit better but they still got okafor, that isn't losing. Any of the top 3 were a level above the other guys (as prospects).

5ass
06-26-2015, 07:08 PM
I think the hawks are losers. Traded their 15th for Hardaway.
I want to call the pistons losers for not grabbing Winslow, but I think Johnson has almost as much potential and should be a better fit for them thanks to his shooting.
I get why people think the Knicks are losers, but I disagree. They grabbed a potential star. I'm confident Phil will know how to develop him.

Heat are winners obviously, but I'm starting to doubt he becomes as good as people think he will. All the teams that had him work out for them passed on him.

Jarvo
06-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Winners are The Heat with the steal of the year.

jerellh528
06-26-2015, 07:35 PM
I hope upshaw has his head on straight. That could be a huge win/steal

THE MTL
06-26-2015, 07:38 PM
I say the Knicks are losers just because our draft position fell 2 spots and we missed one of the top 3. It has nothing to do with drafting Zinger

Bruno
06-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Winners are The Heat with the steal of the year.

I agree the Heat go from maybe not having a lottery pick last month to getting Justice Winslow. With the additions of Whiteside, Dragic, Deng and Winslow the Heat have retooled perfectly.

pending on free agency and health come post season, Miami will be a legit threat for the EC championship.

TylerSL
06-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Winners
Minnesota Timberwolves-The Wolves are in a great position moving forward and their 11 season playoff drought's end may finally be in sight after pairing Towns/Wiggins. I think these two are going to be great together and I also feel Tyus Jones was a great acquisition as well. Jones was one of the most underrated players in the draft and he'll be good enough to start IMO. So if Rubio doesn't progress they could look to move him. While I expect Minnesota to be in the lottery again next season for the 12th consecutive season, it could be the last time for a while.

Los Angeles Lakers-I've been saying since the lottery they should take Russell with the 2nd pick. I see him as the best player in the draft and will become the biggest star. I think he's gonna be Rookie of the Year next season and lead the Lakers back to relevance. Okafor would have been a safe pick but Russell was the better player, it took guts and I applaud the Lakers for making this move. As a critic I don't love their other picks in the draft but grabbing Russell makes them big winners in my book.

Denver Nuggets-Grabbing Mudiay at #7 was huge for them. They are going to go through a tough rebuild, but Mudiay instantly becomes their best player and allows both the Nuggets and Ty Lawson to move on from one another, that's best for everybody. Denver is a long way off before being relevant again but this is a great first step.

Miami Heat-Miami is in a healthy position after grabbing the steal of the draft at #10 in Justise Winslow. He brings versatility and athleticism to the perimeter, which is exactly what this team needed most of all. It's also a great fit for Winslow because he gets to join a veteran group that expects to win and he can learn a lot and play some meaningful minutes and some meaningful games with Miami, not something every lottery rookie gets to do. So this really is a perfect fit and Miami finally caught a big break.

Oklahoma City Thunder-Grabbing Payne at #14 was also a pretty big steal. Payne is a really good scoring PG and is a terrific pick and roll player. He, like Justise Winslow, is in a perfect situation because there isn't much pressure on him because he's joining a team with veterans who expect to win. He's gonna thrive with Durant and Westbrook and they may finally have that 3rd scorer they've been looking for since trading James Harden.

Losers
New York Knicks-Not that I completely disagree with them taking Porzingis considering he was probably the top prospect on the board, but the pick doesn't make them any better right now. By taking Porzingis it showed the Knicks are starting a complete rebuild and that's going to take years. That may very well be what they need but if that's the decision why the hell did they give Carmelo Anthony 5 years $124 million just one year ago? Phil Jackson came in promising that the team was going to be respectable in the short term and that he was going to build the team through free agency. All they needed was Carmelo Anthony to stick around in 2014 and they would be in a position to bring high level free agents to him in 2015 and 2016. Well that all got ruined in the 14-15 season when the Knicks imploded. They partially imploded because of all the bad trades Phil made and the decision to make a rookie head coach one of the highest paid coaches to run your style of offense was just pompous. By taking Porzingis there is absolutely no basketball reason for Carmelo Anthony to be on the Knicks anymore. However he has 4 years and over $101 million left on his contract as well as an injury history. It's going to be difficult enough to find someone who is willing to offer valuable assets for that kind of commitment to an aging Carmelo. Because of that point I doubt the Knicks ever contemplate trading Carmelo Anthony because as long as he's there he's going to sell tickets. Carmelo Anthony is going to become the business plan for the New York Knicks while they rebuild much like Kobe Bryant had been for the Lakers. It's sad but the Knicks are going to sucker the fans into watching Carmelo play while they go through a total rebuild and Carmelo is stuck because he resigned for all that money. Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks absolutely hoodwinked Knicks fans and played Carmelo Anthony for an utter fool. Even worse they don't even a first round pick next season. They are in a pick swap with Denver next year from an obligation of Carmelo Anthony trade back in 2011, and they traded the lower pick of that swap in 2013 in the Andrea Bargnani trade. It's just a terrible situation and isn't getting better anytime soon. I feel sorry for Knick fans and envy them because it takes a special kind of fan base to support their team through all this. I would have to give up on basketball entirely for my sanity if I was a Knicks fan, at this point I just couldn't do it so I commend them for sticking through.

Boston Celtics-They are the drafts biggest losers because they failed to trade up into the top 10 after desperately trying and made disappointing selections with their picks. Rozier was a huge reach at #16 as there were at least five players on the board better than him at the time. They would have been better off taking someone like Dekker at #16 and then trading their #28 pick and another asset to try to get a pick in the early 20's to get Rozier. Instead they reach for Rozier and get take the best player available at #28. Hunter was a good pick at #28 but make no mistake, this was an extremely disappointing night for Boston.

New Jersey Nets-The Nets were set up to be losers from the start because they had to swap picks with Atlanta to complete an obligation made in the Joe Johnson trade. However they ended up trading Mason Plumlee, one of their few valuable contributors, for a player they could have gotten at #15 if they hadn't made such a bad deal with Joe Johnson. Between the Joe Johnson trade and the KG/Pierce trade, the Nets are just in horrible shape, as bad as the Knicks, and it's going to be a long time before it gets any better.

Cleveland Cavaliers-Why would trade the rights to Tyus Jones when he was a steal at #24? He was easily the best PG left in the draft and probably the best player on the board at #24 and the Cavaliers badly need a backup to Kyrie Irving. I understand they want to free as much cap as possible for free agency, but they basically gave away a really good pick and someone who have filled the backup PG hole they have. Personally, I would have seen Cleveland as a winner of the draft had they came out of the night with Tyus Jones. Missed opportunity on their part IMO.

Charlotte Hornets-Kaminsky was a good pick and wouldn't normally be much of a reach at #9, but Justise Winslow was still on the board when they were picking. On top of that they reportedly turned down a trade proposal from the Celtics where they could have landed six draft picks for the #9 selection (four 1st rounders, two 2nd). Boston offered the #16, #28, and two additional 1st rounders so they could move up and grab Winslow and the Hornets turned that down so they could take Kaminsky. Again, Kaminsky is not a bad pick, but with Winslow on the board they missed on the best player left and on an opportunity to cash in on the fact that he did slip.

Other Notes-Orlando, Sacramento, Indiana, Utah, Phoenix, Houston, and Golden State should all be elated with their drafts as they all got valuable players who should contribute or fit nicely with their franchises. While disappointing they missed out on Russell, Okafor was the logical pick at #3 and is either extra insurance in case Embiid's foot doesn't heal or a valuable trade chip. Philadelphia doesn't have to rush and they can sit and see what they have with these guys, maybe it's Embiid they move. There is a down part though, they don't look to improve greatly next year and will likely be in the top 5 again next year. While they have been collecting picks, on the court they have had little to no progression of the rebuild for two years now and going on the third this season. When do they finally turn that corner?

In this draft the rich got richer and the poor, for the most part, earned a raise. The league got noticeably better last night and it makes me excited for next season (still like four months until opening night :sigh:). Still, some teams missed some opportunities and New York basketball is still a horror story. Some things just don't change.

Bruno
06-26-2015, 07:53 PM
I think Noel/okafor will be their big man combo as well, for now having all 3 is fine. People are looking way too much into how a bottom 3 and rebuilding team fits together.

With that said each of those two are elite on one end of the court (or will be). Embiid has tons of potential which can be good for trades if he's cleared medically. If he's not cleared medically the. You still have the other two bigs (plus saric who I don't know much about. Is he coming over? Can he shoot?).

Russell probably did fit better but they still got okafor, that isn't losing. Any of the top 3 were a level above the other guys (as prospects).

Ive heard that Saric can shoot well. He's an ideal fit for the SF, although I don't know about his defense, I haven't watched his draft express. Okafor will be a dominant offensive presence and Noel can protect the rim and develop his 17 footer. I think Covington is an excellent fit at the SG because he spreads the floors for the bigs.

IMO the only reason why we haven't seen Memphis get to the finals is because of the shooting around their old school big men. I think a twin tower can and will dominant the league again, so long as it comes with ample shooting on the wings. Wroten is also an interesting guard.

If Aldridge leaves, Portland will have to decide if they completely clean house or if they decide to build around Lillard. If Lillards camp isn't interested and is pushing back on an extension, Portland should trade Lillard to Philadelphia for their 2016 first rounder, their 2016 first rounder from the Lakers, their 2016 first rounder from Miami and their 2016 first rounder from Miami along with Wroten, or future 2nds. It's a sign and trade, so Lillard is a lock to grow with the young Phili core for five seasons. win win man.

And a package like that for Lillard doesn't even consider other assets they'll have from a likely Embiid deal.

Blitzace137
06-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Who cares? means nothing until we see these players play. I think Heats are big Winners b/c Winslow dropped to them. Knicks got a steal in Grant at 19. Everything else to be determined.

gatkins11
06-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Houston had a solid draft.

5ass
06-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Ive heard that Saric can shoot well. He's an ideal fit for the SF, although I don't know about his defense, I haven't watched his draft express. Okafor will be a dominant offensive presence and Noel can protect the rim and develop his 17 footer. I think Covington is an excellent fit at the SG because he spreads the floors for the bigs.

IMO the only reason why we haven't seen Memphis get to the finals is because of the shooting around their old school big men. I think a twin tower can and will dominant the league again, so long as it comes with ample shooting on the wings. Wroten is also an interesting guard.

If Aldridge leaves, Portland will have to decide if they completely clean house or if they decide to build around Lillard. If Lillards camp isn't interested and is pushing back on an extension, Portland should trade Lillard to Philadelphia for their 2016 first rounder, their 2016 first rounder from the Lakers, their 2016 first rounder from Miami and their 2016 first rounder from Miami along with Wroten, or future 2nds. It's a sign and trade, so Lillard is a lock to grow with the young Phili core for five seasons. win win man.

And a package like that for Lillard doesn't even consider other assets they'll have from a likely Embiid deal.

Saric is not a good shooter (30% from 3, 70% ft) and his defense is questionable. His strength is his ball handling and passing. I think he's best suited as a 6th man.

The twin towers will dominate again in the NBA, but I think the formula for that is having two athletic, mobile big men. That's why IMO the potential of Noel and Embiid together is deadly.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2015, 09:15 PM
please tell me how our 3 centers dont fit? Noel and Oka are almost perfect for each other.... Embiid has injury concerns... If Embiid comes back he can literally fit perfectly with either guy and has more potential than both... Noel would likely be the one coming off the bench in the future if we kept all 3... Imagine that... Bringing in that boss on Defense against tired players or 2nd tier bench players. I wanted Russ no doubt but people seem to hate this without actually using any type of logic and just assuming 3 centers is auto bad.

Ty Fast
06-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Heat baby :)
Knicks :(((

jerellh528
06-26-2015, 11:39 PM
please tell me how our 3 centers dont fit? Noel and Oka are almost perfect for each other.... Embiid has injury concerns... If Embiid comes back he can literally fit perfectly with either guy and has more potential than both... Noel would likely be the one coming off the bench in the future if we kept all 3... Imagine that... Bringing in that boss on Defense against tired players or 2nd tier bench players. I wanted Russ no doubt but people seem to hate this without actually using any type of logic and just assuming 3 centers is auto bad.

Embiid has max potential, but with the beast that is okafor, I would considering trading embiid while he still has value. The worst thing that could happen to phila is embiid turn into oden or Bynum with the injuries

More-Than-Most
06-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Embiid has max potential, but with the beast that is okafor, I would considering trading embiid while he still has value. The worst thing that could happen to phila is embiid turn into oden or Bynum with the injuries

yup that's why i wouldn't make any decision for at least 2 years. See if OKA can improve on defense and be the beast you think he is capable of and see if Embiid can get healthy. Not as worried about getting Guards because we have 4 first round draft picks next year to fill those voids and free agency... I think after this upcoming season the sixers will quickly jump from the top 3 worst teams in the league to a top 3 team in the East.

TheNumber37
06-27-2015, 04:10 AM
What did the knicks lose exactly. They got the potential future franchise player and a starting guard for their team.

They lost because... They didn't take Mudiay or Winslow or stein?
Mudiay not perfect for knicks. Winslow a winner because he was taken at 10.. At 4? I don't know... Stein also drafted too high

Knicks lose because they didn't draft someone not worthy of the 4th? When all the other options are arguably not top 5 talents

Blink
06-27-2015, 07:23 AM
Yeah not so sure why Knicks are the losers. Are they going to win it all next year? No.

As a Pistons fan I wanted Porzingas. I personally think he is going to be very good in 3 years.

Hell no rookie comes in and contributes so much it flips a franchise around in 1 year.

Didn't the Cavs win like 19 games LeBrons 1st year?

I personally thought the Knicks had a great draft.

Losers were the Atlanta Hawks for sure.

Even though they didn't have a 1st rd pick I personally think Clippers made a horrible pick at #56. D. Joran is a UFA and there is a C sitting right in your lap in Robert Upshaw. Does he have some concerns? Absolutely...but he's the 56th pick of the draft. Low risk high reward. Instead they grab a guy in Dawson who scouts think he's gonna be a stretch 4....in 4 years a MSU he didn't hit 1 three pointer.

Idk maybe I'll just take Stanley Johnson and run off and be completely happy.

Blink
06-27-2015, 07:29 AM
I think the hawks are losers. Traded their 15th for Hardaway.
I want to call the pistons losers for not grabbing Winslow, but I think Johnson has almost as much potential and should be a better fit for them thanks to his shooting.
I get why people think the Knicks are losers, but I disagree. They grabbed a potential star. I'm confident Phil will know how to develop him.

Heat are winners obviously, but I'm starting to doubt he becomes as good as people think he will. All the teams that had him work out for them passed on him.

I remember watching his workout interviews for the Pistons and the attitude they had were COMPLETELY different.

Johnson came in and said hes gonna work his *** off and become a great player. Coming into compete. Wanted to play in Detroit.

Winslow talked about how he is compared to K.Leonard defensively and when attacking the rim he is like James Harden.

Maybe it's just me but I'm glad we took Johnson because Winslow is better off being under Wades wing. (If he stays of course)

GeronimoSon
06-27-2015, 09:33 AM
W/R to the rest of the draft.. 3 outstanding drafts and 2 no so much drafts..... The three outstanding are:

1. Chicago Bulls.. Getting Bobby Portis when they did is about the best addition they could have made.. The Bulls have strengthened their front line and will watch as this kid grows into a massive athletic offensive and rim protecting defensive # 5.. Great pick..

2. Dallas Mavericks.. Justin Anderson will be their best wing defender the day he walks onto the court for the Mavs. He'll do everything they want and perhaps more.. This guy is Kawai Leonard-like, perhaps more athletic..

3. Miami Heat.. Justice Winslow @ # 10 is the steal of the draft.. this is a guy who does it all.. great character, fine athlete.. shoots and shuts down his man.. This is a guy that will be a perennial all star by the time he reaches his 25th birthday..

Now for the two not so great drafts..

1. The Celtics.. Gunners who play defense find their niche in the D-League.. If you can't put the ball in the hole or you can't get the ball to guys who can put the ball in the hole..then you're a backup at best.. a D-Leaguer at worst.. Just didn't like this pick at all.. both Delon Wright and Jerian Grant were better choices...and both were there to be had..

2. The Knicks.. While Porzingas has size and size..he doesn't have foot speed.. The saying goes.. "...you can't coach height..." but you can coach exploiting a slow footed big man in a pick and role offense. It's going to be a long and steep learning curve for this big Latvian stiff.. Any one of the next six guys would have been a better choice for the knicks.. The acquisition of Jerian Grant, was a good trade..

Thoughts?..

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Knicks got the highest upside guy and traded hardaway for an explosive pg prospect losers sure to you. We will see how the euro works out

Vinylman
06-27-2015, 10:14 AM
teams that easily exceeded expectations are

Miami and Houston...

all other "winners" did what they were suppose to

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-27-2015, 10:24 AM

Saric isn't coming over this year.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2015, 10:44 AM
If you want to say the Knicks are losers because the 3 top guys happened to go before them, I could buy that.

But they pretty much took the consensus fourth best player, I actually thought it was a smart, ballsy move by Phil.

Got more value for THJr than the Nets did for Plumlee. I thought that was surprising.

Knicks might not be top 3 winners, but they certainly arent losers IMO.

Scoots
06-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Looney is a winner for not making it out of the first round. The Warriors are winners because this was the first time their pick was last in 40 years.

I felt Rozier was under-rated until he was drafted ... now I think he's over-rated and the Celtics draft was strange.

A little surprised Winslow dropped to 10, makes me wonder how bad his interviews went.

The Kings are a mess, and in the top 10 WCS was, in my mind, the worst pick.

Dade County
06-27-2015, 11:28 AM

I was thinking the same thing... 6ers should trade any of them, they could be a very good rotation; and if one all of them become too good (lol), then you get a ton of assets for one of them.

But people don't ever think about normal injuries that happen to these big men, they can miss 11-20 games per year because of a leg or foot injury. This situation is good for the 6ers.

But i do feel that the 6ers are on thin ice and if they don't turn it around; these young players will not re-sign an no free agents are going to want to come there (unless the 6ers over pay).

NYKalltheway
06-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Wolves, Lakers, Knicks and Magic made solid picks. I don't get why you think they're losers. Okafor won't havet the effect some of you think he'll have in this league, I'm glad we avoided the dilemma.

GSRaider
06-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Obviously have to wait a season or two to determine winners and losers of this draft but...

I really like the direction Minnesota is heading in... Minny fans have a lot to look forward to.

Denver and Miami got players I really like and I think will have instant impacts.

For all we know, the New York Knicks had the best draft (no one knows.. Time will tell)... I really don't understand the negatativity... I really like Grant and Prozingis has an incredibly high ceiling (arguably the highest ceiling of any player in this years draft class). If he lives up/surpasses the potential, we will all look back on this draft and say THIS was the draft that turned the Knicks franchise around.

Warriors getting Looney at #30 surprised me... If (IF) Looney didn't have the hip injury, he was a lottery pick... He played with a hip injury for majority of the year and led ALL freshman in double-doubles... If the kid can stay healthy, the Warriors may have gotten the steal of the entire draft at pick 30... He's just a great fit for what the Warriors do.

Who knows? Time will tel...

elledaddy
06-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Some of you mofos work at walmart yet suddenly became NBA talent scouts. Hahahahah foh.

cmellofan15
06-27-2015, 12:50 PM
I was pretty happy Mudiay dropped to us. Sad to see Lawson go, but it's nice knowing we drafted a good replacement rather than looking to free agency.

Vinylman
06-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Looney is a winner for not making it out of the first round. The Warriors are winners because this was the first time their pick was last in 40 years.

I felt Rozier was under-rated until he was drafted ... now I think he's over-rated and the Celtics draft was strange.

A little surprised Winslow dropped to 10, makes me wonder how bad his interviews went.

The Kings are a mess, and in the top 10 WCS was, in my mind, the worst pick.

the bolded ... they could have traded down to 10 and got him... possibly even later

Scoots
06-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Warriors getting Looney at #30 surprised me... If (IF) Looney didn't have the hip injury, he was a lottery pick... He played with a hip injury for majority of the year and led ALL freshman in double-doubles... If the kid can stay healthy, the Warriors may have gotten the steal of the entire draft at pick 30... He's just a great fit for what the Warriors do.

Some strange things about Looney's injuries ... He hurt his hip, didn't miss any practices, games, or workouts ... but Warriors GM Myers said he doesn't know about his health yet. People have talked about Looney having a bad back, bad hips (plural), and asthma. His camp say that there is nothing chronic, it's all overblown, and just growing pains.

IF Looney can get physically right (Warriors training staff have a pretty good track record lately) he could be incredible, but chances are he doesn't make it above 10th on the depth chart this year.

Whatever happened to all those big man camps every off-season that helped players fix their footwork and post games? It seems in this draft Okafor is the only person with a really developed post game and Towns 2nd best at least looking like he worked on it.

Scoots
06-27-2015, 05:40 PM
the bolded ... they could have traded down to 10 and got him... possibly even later

Apparently just to make Cousins happy. That is a seriously dysfunctional organization. 3 GMs and 3 coaches in 3 years.

Also, George Karl (not the quietest calmest guys to coach), has Cousins, Gay, Collison, McLemore, Thompson, and Williams ... and adding WCS. They may be the craziest team in 20 years.

Vinylman
06-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Apparently just to make Cousins happy. That is a seriously dysfunctional organization. 3 GMs and 3 coaches in 3 years.

Also, George Karl (not the quietest calmest guys to coach), has Cousins, Gay, Collison, McLemore, Thompson, and Williams ... and adding WCS. They may be the craziest team in 20 years.

It will be interesting to see what happens there this year... even the owner is dysfunctional saying he would never trade Cousins yet it has now been reported he told Cousins agent that he could pursue a trade with the Lakers

Sactown
06-27-2015, 06:34 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens there this year... even the owner is dysfunctional saying he would never trade Cousins yet it has now been reported he told Cousins agent that he could pursue a trade with the Lakers

They told him he can essentially do whatever he wants and Dan Fagen tried to bully the kings into a trade even though DMC wants to be here... He isn't going anywhere I'm excited to get Willy Trill the team was last in defensive rating even though DMC was 2nd in points allowed per possession behind Draymond .. we need a versatile defender and we got it at 6

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Winner : Heat , Lakers , Nuggets , Phi(trade Embid)

Losers : Knicks but the biggest loser is the Hornets and Jordan lol

Offered 6 picks but took another white guy who will be a average in the league....an if they were gonna stay there Winslow should of been the choice

Scoots
06-27-2015, 06:47 PM

Offered 6 picks but took another white guy who will be a average in the league....an if they were gonna stay there Winslow should of been the choice

Frank will be a good player in the NBA, I have no doubt.

Staying there they would not want Winslow as they have something similar in MKG, and the Heat had implied they would take Frank so they couldn't trade down and be assured of getting Frank. But I will say the offer from the Celtics, if true, is what they should have done.

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Frank will be a good player in the NBA, I have no doubt.

Staying there they would not want Winslow as they have something similar in MKG, and the Heat had implied they would take Frank so they couldn't trade down and be assured of getting Frank. But I will say the offer from the Celtics, if true, is what they should have done.

No heat wanted wcs , when he went it was gonna be Johnson or Winslow (whoever was there)

Frank will be average IMO

Jordan try's to find bird every year I don't know why

And MKG and Winslow are na terrible comparison

Yah they both play good defense and rebound....but Winslow had a mid range game , 3 shot and is a solo fast break type of guy

Would of been the perfect SG to go next to Kemba

Blitzace137
06-27-2015, 08:26 PM
W/R to the rest of the draft.. 3 outstanding drafts and 2 no so much drafts..... The three outstanding are:

1. Chicago Bulls.. Getting Bobby Portis when they did is about the best addition they could have made.. The Bulls have strengthened their front line and will watch as this kid grows into a massive athletic offensive and rim protecting defensive # 5.. Great pick..

2. Dallas Mavericks.. Justin Anderson will be their best wing defender the day he walks onto the court for the Mavs. He'll do everything they want and perhaps more.. This guy is Kawai Leonard-like, perhaps more athletic..

3. Miami Heat.. Justice Winslow @ # 10 is the steal of the draft.. this is a guy who does it all.. great character, fine athlete.. shoots and shuts down his man.. This is a guy that will be a perennial all star by the time he reaches his 25th birthday..

Now for the two not so great drafts..

1. The Celtics.. Gunners who play defense find their niche in the D-League.. If you can't put the ball in the hole or you can't get the ball to guys who can put the ball in the hole..then you're a backup at best.. a D-Leaguer at worst.. Just didn't like this pick at all.. both Delon Wright and Jerian Grant were better choices...and both were there to be had..

2. The Knicks.. While Porzingas has size and size..he doesn't have foot speed.. The saying goes.. "...you can't coach height..." but you can coach exploiting a slow footed big man in a pick and role offense. It's going to be a long and steep learning curve for this big Latvian stiff.. Any one of the next six guys would have been a better choice for the knicks.. The acquisition of Jerian Grant, was a good trade..

Thoughts?..

Wrong he has plenty of foot speed where are you getting you're info from? Latvian Stiff lmao, I'm convinced you know nothing about this guy, he's far from being labled stiff. Read below.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/eVhngvAjRLPpPCtX3o7yP7Ttu1U=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3715244/2hwk0ee.0.png

^^^^^

infernoscurse
06-27-2015, 08:37 PM
my issue with porzingas is that a power forward could post next to him, blow like lance stephenson did to lebron and he will fall to the ground with much fragility

ManRam
06-27-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm REALLY excited about a player that the Magic drafted for the first time in a decade. It's something Magic-related that I don't have to be a pessimistic douche about...so I and every poor soul that for whatever reason decides to read what I write wins too.

Blitzace137
06-27-2015, 09:01 PM
my issue with porzingas is that a power forward could post next to him, blow like lance stephenson did to lebron and he will fall to the ground with much fragility

Maybe you should wait and see before making assumptions? These guys are 19 they'll all struggle to start off.

GeronimoSon
06-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Wrong he has plenty of foot speed where are you getting you're info from? Latvian Stiff lmao, I'm convinced you know nothing about this guy, he's far from being labled stiff. Read below.
Oh puh-lease... !!.

Even Phil Jackson, in the interview immediately after the selection said it's going to take "years" before this guy will be able to play.. QUIT DRINKING THE KOOLAID !!

The Knicks, if nothing else, have proven, when it comes to the draft.. they SUCK.. Take a look at the last dozen or so years of Knicks drafting..

Show me the SuperStar!! SMH...

2003 1 9 Michael Sweetney United States PF Georgetown
2003 2 30 Maciej Lampe Poland F/C Real Madrid (Spain)
2003 2 39 Slavko Vraneš Serbia and Montenegro C Budućnost Podgorica (Montenegro)
2004 2 44 Trevor Ariza United States SF UCLA
2005 1 8 Channing Frye United States PF/C Arizona
2005 1 30 David Lee+ United States PF/C Florida
2005 2 54 Dijon Thompson United States SG/SF UCLA
2006 1 20 Renaldo Balkman United States SF/PF South Carolina
2006 1 29 Mardy Collins United States PG/SG Temple
2007 1 23 Wilson Chandler United States SF DePaul
2008 1 6 Danilo Gallinari Italy SF Olimpia Milano (Italy)
2009 1 8 Jordan Hill United States PF Arizona
2010 2 38 Andy Rautins Canada SG Syracuse
2010 2 39 Landry Fields United States SG Stanford
2011 1 17 Iman Shumpert United States SG/PG Georgia Tech
2012 2 48 Kostas Papanikolaou Greece PF Olympiacos (Greece)
2013 1 24 Tim Hardaway, Jr. United States G University of Michigan
2014 2 34 Cleanthony Early United States SF Wichita State University
2014 2 51 Thanasis Antetokounmpo Greece SF Delaware 87ers (D-League)
2015 1 4 Kristaps Porziņģis Latvia C CB Sevilla (Spain)

Come ON!.. Renaldo Balkman !!

ManRam
06-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Maybe you should wait and see before making assumptions? These guys are 19 they'll all struggle to start off.

It's also definitely 100% impossible for a 19 year old to bulk up over time!

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 09:06 PM

So the Knicks draft a player with the second highest ceiling in this draft

Traded Hardaway for a 1st (something none of us thought was possible) and draft Grant

But we're losers...

I love you Advenged but your hate for the Knicks is on par with Friedtufuz

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh puh-lease... !!.

Even Phil Jackson, in the interview immediately after the selection said it's going to take "years" before this guy will be able to play.. QUIT DRINKING THE KOOLAID !!

The Knicks, if nothing else, have proven, when it comes to the draft.. they SUCK.. Take a look at the last dozen or so years of Knicks drafting..

2003 2 39 Slavko Vraneš Serbia and Montenegro C Budućnost Podgorica (Montenegro)

:facepalm: first off Balkman was the GOAT next to Mike James

Plus those guys I highlight are still in the league contributing

ManRam
06-27-2015, 09:11 PM

Traded Hardaway for a 1st (something none of us thought was possible) and draft Grant

But we're losers...

I generally think it's the same people bashing the Porzingis pick that would bash the Okafor pick. Those are shortsighted people who want quick fixes and think "fit" on a bad team is more important than talent. I'm sure there are people who like one and bash the other...but I do think it's at the very least a similar thought process for both cases.

Phil rolled the dice and took the guy that could become a star over a safer "quick"er fix. He deserves kudos for that. Trying to find short cuts and quick fixes is what dooms team after team.

ManRam
06-27-2015, 09:14 PM
:facepalm: first off Balkman was the GOAT next to Mike James

Plus those guys I highlight are still in the league contributing

And the only ones that really truly matter are Sweetney and Hill. You're not gonna hit on late-teens and later picks even 50% of the time. Those two are picks that really hurt a team. The rest, even if they're obvious whiffs, are things every team whiffs from time to time.

Aust
06-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Oh puh-lease... !!.

Superstars don't grow on tree. There's at least 9 guys on that list that are decent - pretty good.

Blitzace137
06-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Oh puh-lease... !!.

The Knicks, if nothing else, have proven when it comes to the draft.. they SUCK.. Take a look at the last dozen or so years of Knicks drafting..

Who cares if he's gonna take a few years developing? Guess what so are most of the other draft picks to reach their full potential. That doesn't mean he cant contribute right away.

Here is what Phil said...
"When someone says to me [that] this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I have to be alert," Jackson said of what Knicks basketball adviser Clarence Gaines Jr. told him and how Porzingis eventually became a Knick. "And [I have to] consider that after he's been in this business for as long as he has, I think he has as good of an eye as he has on talent."
"I spoke to Pau Gasol recently, he said he was 227 [pounds] when he was drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies [and] approximately the same height," Jackson said. "[Gasol] was trying to reassure me [that] I was a skinny kid when I came in the NBA, too.

Superstars aren't drafted in the late teens. Out of all of those picks, we only had 4 picks mid lottery picks. Superstars are usually drafted within the top 5 picks. We would have drafted Curry in 09 if he dropped one more slot. I'm failing to see the point you're trying to make? There are plenty of solid players in that list that were drafted late in the first round and are still in the league.

I don't see how past drafts has anything to do with this particular draft? Different management/personal. This is the first time we've had a top 5 pick in decades.

No one is drinking the "cool aid" I judge every move individually, I'm not some blind fan that agrees with every move my team makes. I wasn't happy with the Tyson Chandler trade but I'm satisfied with our draft picks. Porzingis is a homerun pick with a lot of potential don't be surprised if he's one of the best players in this draft. Could he be a bust? Maybe but so can any other pick. If the Knicks didn't take him one of the next three teams would. It's not like the Knicks reached for him like the Cavs did with Bennet and Waiters.

Blitzace137
06-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Superstars don't grow on tree. There's at least 9 guys on that list that are decent - pretty good.

lol that's what I said? There are some late picks that ended up being solid, those are the harder picks to make, since half of these drat picks won't be in the NBA's in a couple of seasons.

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 10:01 PM

But we're losers...

2nd highest ceiling and most bust potential....

Hardaway is better then grant will be

Blitzace137
06-27-2015, 10:02 PM
And the only ones that really truly matter are Sweetney and Hill. You're not gonna hit on late-teens and later picks even 50% of the time. Those two are picks that really hurt a team. The rest, even if they're obvious whiffs, are things every team whiffs from time to time.

Agreed in 09 we would have drafted Curry instead of Hill but the Sweetney pick was the only really bad pick but which team doesn't have a couple of those, right?

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 10:23 PM

you can say the same for Russell and Mudiay but those teams are winners right?

Ps Hardaway is trash

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 10:26 PM
I generally think it's the same people bashing the Porzingis pick that would bash the Okafor pick. Those are shortsighted people who want quick fixes and think "fit" on a bad team is more important than talent. I'm sure there are people who like one and bash the other...but I do think it's at the very least a similar thought process for both cases.

Phil rolled the dice and took the guy that could become a star over a safer "quick"er fix. He deserves kudos for that. Trying to find short cuts and quick fixes is what dooms team after team.

this, I loved that, instead of going for the quick fix, take a chance on a player that has the potiental to be great. I mean high ranking GMs say his ceiling is thru the roof. And if we didn't draft him I'm pretty sure the Magic, Kings, Nuggets, Pistons etc would had no problems drafting him and posters calling this teams winner. Plus it's premature to even determine who's winners in this draft, these guys haven't step foot in an NBA court

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 10:29 PM

you can say the same for Russell and Mudiay but those teams are winner

Ps Hardaway is trash

Wrong , No matter what Russell will be a decent spot up role player if he fails

Mudiay will always have his crazy atheism n be a big PG

If kriz fails he's gonna be out the league

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 10:30 PM

this, I loved that, instead of going for the quick fix, take a chance on a player that has the potiental to be great. I mean high ranking GMs say his ceiling is thru the roof. And if we didn't draft him I'm pretty sure the Magic, Kings, Nuggets, Pistons etc would had no problems drafting him and posters calling this teams winner. Plus it's premature to even determine who's winners in this draft, these guys haven't step foot in an NBA court

Wrong again

Love the okafor pick

The Knicks pick will most likely be trash

cheetos185
06-27-2015, 10:39 PM
You can't call knicks losers after dumping Hardaways one dimensional *** for a PG that's considered second best passer after Russell in the draft.

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 10:39 PM

yeah because a decent spot up shooter is worth the 2nd overall pick :laugh:

Sebastian Telfer has crazy athleticism himself, is he still in the league

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Wrong again

Love the okafor pick

The Sixers pick will most likely be traded, or injured judging by recent history

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Wrong again

Love the okafor pick

The Sixers pick will most likely be traded, or injured judging by recent history

Embid is most likely to get traded

Either way I'd rather have any one if there big 3 then a euro 7 footer who is good at a few things over there but great at nothing

hotdalton18
06-27-2015, 10:47 PM

yeah because a decent spot up shooter is worth the 2nd overall pick :laugh:

Sebastian Telfer has crazy athleticism himself, is he still in the league

Telfair isn't a 6'5 PG with crazy atheism

I understand your a Knicks fan

You have to be positive about the **** move they just made

If I'm wrong I'll gladly apologize

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Embid is most likely to get traded

Either way I'd rather have any one if there big 3 then a euro 7 footer who is good at a few things over there but great at nothing

Yeah because Okafor will be able to guard an athletic quick 7 footer just like he did a slow footed non athletic 7 footer in Kamiskey.....

Oh wait

Blitzace137
06-27-2015, 10:52 PM

Mudiay doesn't have "crazy atleticism" I like Mudiay and think he'll be solid but he has a lot of holes in his game. Russell has his weaknesses as well, although I think Russell will be really good.

GiantsSwaGG
06-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Telfair isn't a 6'5 PG with crazy atheism

I understand your a Knicks fan

You have to be positive about the **** move they just made

If I'm wrong I'll gladly apologize

Yeah how did a 6'6 MCW athleticism work out with you guys? Oh yeah same flaws, Can't shoot to save his life, horrible FT shooter etc but hey MCW is great right

It's not being positive it's being open minded and seeing how things play out. No one trading for Embiid and his foot problems lol

im a Knicks fan and yours Sixers fan, what's your point? You guys have 3 center and no one else, like serious what's your starting 5? Centers?

Teeboy1487
06-27-2015, 10:54 PM
The Heat were the biggest winners. I still can't believe they got Winslow at 10.

Winners: Heat, Wolves, Magic, Suns(boo)

Losers: Celtics only because Rozier was a reach at 16 and they did not need another defensive PG after drafting Smart.

I don't consider the Knicks losers. I thought Zings was one of the BPA at 4. They did get Jerian Grant too and stashed Willy Hernangomez. OK draft imo but not awful like everyone think.