PDA

View Full Version : Melo Mad

Stunner
06-26-2015, 12:07 PM
@FisolaNYDN: Carmelo feels Phil needs to make moves that can help immediately. "He said, 'we have to wait three years for this guy?'" Knick source claims

@FisolaNYDN: Carmelo, according to source, called Tim Hardaway Jr. late Thursday to express his displeasure with Phil Jackson's draft night moves. Oh boy

Jarvo
06-26-2015, 12:11 PM
https://instagram.com/p/4Xy07CI7Zk/

All Knicks fans lastnight, My brother was so heated they passed on Mudiay & Winslow and even more pissed when Winslow went to The Heat :laugh:

Melo is not getting any younger and is in his 30's and The Knicks also traded away Hardaway, Unless they make a decent splash in FA this season is going to be just like the last or even worse. I just don't see the kid reaching that potential of a Dirk or Pau period or even close to it all I just have a feeling dude is going to be another euro bust.

Stunner
06-26-2015, 12:15 PM
@MySportsLegion: Stephen A. Smith says Carmelo Anthony feels "betrayed and hoodwinked by Phil Jackson". Wow.

limebalz05
06-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Melo needs to learn to be a leader. Play an entire season and don't play like he's an aging vet

beasted86
06-26-2015, 12:19 PM
You wanted your payday and you got it.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Phil needs to continue to do whatever he thinks is best for the team.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2015, 12:22 PM

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Phil needs to continue to do whatever he thinks is best for the team.

bingo

Stunner
06-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Phill trying to force Melo out , Melo needs to get traded to Boston or the Wiz

Melo for Beal / Nene / Webster and a 1st of 2

elledaddy
06-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Why would Melo tell stepen A or Isola any of this? LmAO ppl believe anything on the internet.... Stephen A said he felt betrayed and hoodwinked by Phil Jackson 2 months ago now Melo tells him the same thing using the same words? FOH x2. Melo a big boy, he feel some type way then let it come out his mouth to our ears.

LA4life24/8
Honestly the only two guys I might have picked instead of him woulda been winslow and mudiay and since winslow=Melo ....

Max.This
Yes!!! Waive that no trade clause and lets get some assets

FYL_McVeezy
06-26-2015, 12:26 PM

This

Sadds The Gr8
06-26-2015, 12:27 PM
he's an idiot. he knew the team had to rebuild...

nycericanguy
06-26-2015, 12:28 PM
If Melo is really mad send him to DAL for Chandler Parsons.

ManRam
06-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Kris will take some time to reach his potential, but so would anyone else at #4. Maybe Winslow is more "NBA ready", but his contribution the next two years wasn't going to really be too impacting. No rookie's ever is...barring the very rare special bread. Same with Mudiay...he's not coming in and changing things for the better right away.

Randy West
06-26-2015, 12:31 PM
How long before he cries his way out of NYC........I can't remember how long it took him in Denver at the moment.

GiantsSwaGG
**** you Melo, plz demand a trade

ChI_ShIzzLe
https://instagram.com/p/4Xy07CI7Zk/

All Knicks fans lastnight, My brother was so heated they passed on Mudiay & Winslow and even more pissed when Winslow went to The Heat :laugh:

Melo is not getting any younger and is in his 30's and The Knicks also traded away Hardaway, Unless they make a decent splash in FA this season is going to be just like the last or even worse. I just don't see the kid reaching that potential of a Dirk or Pau period or even close to it all I just have a feeling dude is going to be another euro bust.

Not being a homer, but he might not even be as good as Mirotic.

lamzoka
06-26-2015, 12:32 PM
I don't believe any of this stuff.

Stunner
06-26-2015, 12:33 PM
@basketballtalk: Report: Phil Jackson wants to leave Knicks in two years http://t.co/uQbGLECCy3

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 12:33 PM

Yup. Could've took less to play for a contender and now he's crying cuz his team is gonna keep sucking for the foreseeable future, which was a strong possibility with him going back there on that massive contract.

BKLYNpigeon
06-26-2015, 12:34 PM
you guys always overreact to anything you read online from unnamed sources. lol

ewing
06-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Honestly the only two guys I might have picked instead of him woulda been winslow and mudiay and since winslow=Melo ....

I don't get this at all. People like to say it but why do you think it is true? Melo has played by far his best basketball at the 4 with the knicks. Winslow is capable of playing the 2 and the 3. He does not work in the post, he is an athletic finisher, who like to handle it on the break, and finish going to basket. He also projects as a versatile perimeter defender. How does he = Melo?

ManningToTyree
Lol NY media

Jarvo
This is truly Melo's fault man lol any other player would have left to Chicago but he stayed.

Jarvo
06-26-2015, 12:40 PM

Have you seen Winslow play? Dude can play defense and drives in the paint.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 12:42 PM
This is truly Melo's fault man lol any other player would have left to Chicago but he stayed.

Not many ppl in the world will leave $50 mil on the table so I don't really blame him for staying in NY, but he should've understood thoroughly that the Knicks were not going to contend for several years. He had to sacrifice winning for the money and if it is true that he's crying about it now, then that's messed up on his part cuz no one is gonna feel sorry ya buddy.

deaner
06-26-2015, 12:44 PM
this made my day...
yesterday was enjoyable too with knick fans throwing hissy fits

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't get this at all. People like to say it but why do you think it is true? Melo has played by far his best basketball at the 4 with the knicks. Winslow is capable of playing the 2 and the 3. He does not work in the post, he is an athletic finisher, who like to handle it on the break, and finish going to basket. He also projects as a versatile perimeter defender. How does he = Melo?

Ya Winslow would've been a great fit in NY. They badly need 2-way players that can contribute right away. Now Riley will reap the benefits.

Jarvo
06-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Not many ppl in the world will leave $50 mil on the table so I don't really blame him for staying in NY, but he should've understood thoroughly that the Knicks were not going to contend for several years. He had to sacrifice winning for the money and if it is true that he's crying about it now, then that's messed up on his part cuz no one is gonna feel sorry ya buddy.

How he was crying about how he wanted to win and get rings to hell with that and try to make that up somewhere but if he is truly saying all this he can only blame himself.

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Trade Melo to the Bulls for Butler

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 12:51 PM

Lmao

Stunner
06-26-2015, 12:51 PM

For Noah / Taj and some picks yea lol

D-Leethal
06-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Kris will take some time to reach his potential, but so would anyone else at #4. Maybe Winslow is more "NBA ready", but his contribution the next two years wasn't going to really be too impacting. No rookie's ever is...barring the very rare special bread. Same with Mudiay...he's not coming in and changing things for the better right away.

Yea....I doubt Melo is crying that we took one 19 year old over another 19 year old. His outlook will be determined by FA. I don't think Melo ever expected a 19 yr old rookie to be his wing mate that took us to the promised land. Players like Melo don't really respect rookie impact - look at LeBron's treatment of Wiggins.

TheNumber37
06-26-2015, 12:53 PM

A Heat fans says this?

TheNumber37
06-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Tim Hardaway JR was simply not contributing to wins. Grant is better and Melo will miss Timmy, sure, but he'll forget after he plays with Grant.

If the Knicks play Small and sign West and monroe with Pozingis coming off the bench and getting minutes. It's better than last year.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 12:56 PM
How he was crying about how he wanted to win and get rings to hell with that and try to make that up somewhere but if he is truly saying all this he can only blame himself.

They can say that all they want until they realize that $50 million is a lot ****ing money [emoji1]

The Bulls were never gonna give him that kind of contract even if they had the cap space, plus they couldn't give him that extra year anyways.

It's funny how he mentioned how close he was to deciding on the Bulls when he finally realized the **** situation he put himself in, he probably started regretting it. I don't know if he would've gotten injured or not if he was in Chicago or if him being here would've made a difference for us beating Cleveland, but I'm glad everything worked out the way it did. Butler wouldn't have had anywhere near the great season he had if Melo was here.

ewing
06-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Ya Winslow would've been a great fit in NY. They badly need 2-way players that can contribute right away. Now Riley will reap the benefits.

i thought he would have been a real good fit and he is the type of player that is in high demand around the league

ManRam
06-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Melo signed his deal after they traded their only good defender coming off a losing season. He's the fool for believing this team could contend quickly. He took the money, this is what he signed up for...deal with it.

DarkKnight
06-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Ha ha I wish but know this isn't true

LA_Raiders
06-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Lol, Thanks God he si out of LA.

Tony_Starks
06-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Should've got Mudiay, I think that will come back to bite them. New York isn't exactly in a position to be taking a flyer on a Euro with potential, that's like San Antonio Spurs type stuff right there.....

FraziersKnicks
06-26-2015, 01:24 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Melo needs to chill. Mudiay or Winslow were not gonna have a significantly larger impact than Zinger. THJR was doing nothing to help the team.

Give Phil a chance to do something in FA where he can sign some players that are win now.

I'm usually a big Melo defender but dude needs to chill. If he's not happy I'll happily trade him to a contender for a young stud and some picks.

Stunner
06-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Oh god
Melo / West/ Monroe will have the worst front court defense ever

Jarvo
06-26-2015, 01:28 PM
They can say that all they want until they realize that $50 million is a lot ****ing money [emoji1]

The Bulls were never gonna give him that kind of contract even if they had the cap space, plus they couldn't give him that extra year anyways.

It's funny how he mentioned how close he was to deciding on the Bulls when he finally realized the **** situation he put himself in, he probably started regretting it. I don't know if he would've gotten injured or not if he was in Chicago or if him being here would've made a difference for us beating Cleveland, but I'm glad everything worked out the way it did. Butler wouldn't have had anywhere near the great season he had if Melo was here.

That is true, You guys are good and way better off with Butler!

Burkey3472
06-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Melo took the payday over a chance to compete for a title so its tough for him to really criticize the direction of the team.

tr3ymill3r
06-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Let's be real for a minute. Melo didn't make his decision to go back to NY for basketball reasons. He went there because they paid him the most money and his wife told him to stay.

KnicksorBust
06-26-2015, 01:34 PM

For Noah / Taj and some picks yea lol

I would take Noah and a 1st at this point.

deaner
06-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Let's be real for a minute. Melo didn't make his decision to go back to NY for basketball reasons. He went there because they paid him the most money and his wife told him to stay.

don't forget his business ventures... Melo is half checked out of basketball already

5ass
06-26-2015, 01:53 PM

Your sig is too funny.

effen5
06-26-2015, 04:00 PM

Noah kirk and a future first for melo. Done.

PraiseJesus
06-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Melo would be a good fit on the Clippers

Blitzace137
06-26-2015, 04:04 PM

I'd do it if Melo waives his no trade clause.

Blitzace137
06-26-2015, 04:10 PM

Hell no, Knicksorbust is out of his mind lol. Melo is worth much more.

DaBear
06-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Knicks are stuck with him. No one wants that horrible contract.

mgjohnson7851
06-26-2015, 04:13 PM
When Melo left Denver I was pretty salty towards him (although I mostly mad at his talentless wife that foolishly believed she still had a career). After seeing what's transpired with him in New York though it's hard to hold any ill will.

Don't get me wrong, the Nuggets still suck. The Nuggets are much further along in the rebuilding process though and don't have any huge contracts weighing them down.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 04:26 PM

Ya if only Phil agreed to pay half his salary[emoji23]

InRoseWeTrust
06-26-2015, 04:28 PM

"He feels completely hoodwinked and betrayed by Phil Jackson," Smith said on SiriusXM Mad Dog Sports Radio. "He feels like he was lied to, like he was sold a bill of goods. And he's willing to concede that he wanted his money. But he didn't know it was going to be like this."

Confirming what everyone and their mothers already knew.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Stephen A's rant on Sportscenter last night was epic[emoji23]

LakerShow
06-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Stephen A's rant on Sportscenter last night was epic[emoji23]

You have a link? Must see lol.

Though it's funny how everything the Knicks do, it goes wrong. Must be painful to be a fan.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Poor knick fans

DaBear
06-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Stephen A Smiths rants are not funny anymore. This guy rants about everything now.

redsoxknicks
06-26-2015, 04:46 PM
IF this is true, I am firmly with Michael Smith. He just gave his own rant - telling Carmelo to shut it and that he has no right to complain about anything since he knew the position Knicks were in, but still chose every dollar first and foremost.

Melo is about his money and his brand just as much as basketball. I didn't like signing him to max but there weren't other strong players we had a real chance to sign so we are all stuck together. I would love to move Melo for the right price, but that is pretty unlikely given the NTC. Again, Melo is about his brand so he is only going to a big market who is ready to win. Few options for everyone.

FraziersKnicks
06-26-2015, 04:50 PM
I think this is just terrible leadership by Melo. You've got a young guy from Europe who is so keen to make an impact and work hard and you're meant to be the role model and person he looks up to and you publically criticize the pick.

Just makes you look like a douche and probably effects Zinger's confidence. I'm really rooting for him to prove everyone wrong. There's something about him that's just a bit different from other euro guys. He speaks impeccable English for a 19 year old Latvian and just seems very humble and hard working. Maybe all of this will actually drive him even more, give him a chip on his shoulder.

I can see MSG loving this guy if he gives it his all.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Problem with Melo is he's like a cancer on offense. I honestly can't think of a team or players that he would fit well with. He would literally have to change the way he plays and buy into the philosophy of the coach if he wants to play for a contender. If he came to Chicago, he'd need to run and play fast in Hoiberg's offense. If he went to S.A. he'd need to be a facilitator and score when the opportunities come. He can't expect to catch the ball every possession, go one n one and jack up shots at the end of the shot clock and expect to win a title. He's been a great player in this league and I hope he wins a championship one day but dude needs to make sacrifices now. His buddies from the 03 draft all did.

GoferKing_
06-26-2015, 04:59 PM
But all that New York money Melo, don't be mad.xD

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2015, 05:03 PM
When Melo left Denver I was pretty salty towards him (although I mostly mad at his talentless wife that foolishly believed she still had a career). After seeing what's transpired with him in New York though it's hard to hold any ill will.

Don't get me wrong, the Nuggets still suck. The Nuggets are much further along in the rebuilding process though and don't have any huge contracts weighing them down.

She's actually on a show lol and Knicks don't really have any bad contracts right now

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-26-2015, 05:05 PM
When will the curse be lifted

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2015, 05:05 PM
"He feels completely hoodwinked and betrayed by Phil Jackson," Smith said on SiriusXM Mad Dog Sports Radio. "He feels like he was lied to, like he was sold a bill of goods. And he's willing to concede that he wanted his money. But he didn't know it was going to be like this."

Confirming what everyone and their mothers already knew.

Steven A smith has no sources, that's his opinion lol

mgjohnson7851
06-26-2015, 05:08 PM
She's actually on a show lol and Knicks don't really have any bad contracts right now
Seriously? Lala is on a show? Like a paid role in a show? Mind blowing.

Well you have Melo's contract.... that's a bad contract.

5ass
06-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Trade his ***.

Silent
06-26-2015, 05:09 PM

Power Very small role

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2015, 05:18 PM

Yeah I know it's weird lol and meh Melos contract next year is ganna look fine, don't see it being to bad he can still ball, and there's plenty of teams that would trade for him, we finally got off amares contract

xxplayerxx23
06-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Power Very small role

Seems like a nice role to me ;)

j-bay
06-26-2015, 05:57 PM

No we are going for the bigger prize.

j-bay
06-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I think his wife had too much of a say.

BGeer091
06-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Melo just tweeted about his future... he doesn't sound mad too me. Just keep talking Stephen A.

Stunner
06-26-2015, 06:02 PM
@carmeloanthony: "What's understood doesn't need to be spoken upon" #DestiNY #TheFutureIsNow

@carmeloanthony: The bond between mentor and protege enables us to stay true to our chosen path. #StayMe7o #TheJourneyContinuesForYou http://t.co/ONVlSj2uKQ

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 06:03 PM
You have a link? Must see lol.

Though it's funny how everything the Knicks do, it goes wrong. Must be painful to be a fan.

http://youtu.be/ZGV-IeGBQSM

Blitzace137
06-26-2015, 06:04 PM
Ya if only Phil agreed to pay half his salary[emoji23]

His salary won't look that bad once the cap jumps substantially. He's tradable.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Melo just tweeted about his future... he doesn't sound mad too me. Just keep talking Stephen A.

He probably just got a direct deposit of his salary in his checking account.

KnicksorBust
06-26-2015, 06:38 PM

Hell no, Knicksorbust is out of his mind lol. Melo is worth much more.

U sure? Noah would be a nice fit next to Zinger and then we would have even more cap space. Who is beating noah + 1st?

HYFR
06-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Purely hypothetical but if Melo was on the cavs instead of love, they win the title this year, just saying. He needs players, he needs guys who "he" thinks are at his level. Wrong or not its just how he approaches it. I don't like the "he can't fit well on any team" because it's just not true.

Jamiecballer
06-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Should've got Mudiay, I think that will come back to bite them. New York isn't exactly in a position to be taking a flyer on a Euro with potential, that's like San Antonio Spurs type stuff right there.....
Don't agree on your target, but totally agree with the rest. This kid better be made of something.

Jamiecballer
06-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Purely hypothetical but if Melo was on the cavs instead of love, they win the title this year, just saying. He needs players, he needs guys who "he" thinks are at his level. Wrong or not its just how he approaches it. I don't like the "he can't fit well on any team" because it's just not true.
Really, because you just made it sound totally true

HYFR
06-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Please elaborate on your post

YashBoone
06-26-2015, 07:03 PM
The only 2 people who are spreading that rumor are the 2 biggest knick trolls in the biz. They making their living by spreading gossip like little girlsz

Jamiecballer
06-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Please elaborate on your post
People say he can't get along, sacrifice, defer. As an example you suggested a team with one of the 5 best players in the history of the game.

HYFR
06-26-2015, 07:12 PM
So you disagree with the example?

Blitzace137
06-26-2015, 07:24 PM
U sure? Noah would be a nice fit next to Zinger and then we would have even more cap space. Who is beating noah + 1st?

I'd rather trade for a younger player like Beal like someone mentioned. Chicago's first will be a late first. We could get back more.

Blitzace137
06-26-2015, 07:29 PM
People say he can't get along, sacrifice, defer. As an example you suggested a team with one of the 5 best players in the history of the game.

Melo would have no problem differing to LeBron or being set up by a guy like CP. HYFR post makes sense, Melo only trusts players who are elite or vets. Kidd, Billups for example. Look at Melo in the Olympics even though he differs to guys like LeBron he still puts up monster numbers, but he won't do that when he's playing with lesser known players or not as established players imo.

allSUAVE
06-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Sign and trade Melo for Jimmy butler

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-26-2015, 08:07 PM

Alright guys this joke isn't funny anymore.

yungincome
06-26-2015, 08:11 PM
:laugh: and :facepalm: .. That is all..

SeoulBeatz
06-26-2015, 08:26 PM

yup. shoulda gone to Chicago when he had the chance.

knicks should trade Melo for picks and keep the tank train going for another year or two.

ChitownSports16
06-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Melo stfu clown.. Stop acting like you didn't know wtf u were getting into.

ChitownSports16
06-26-2015, 08:32 PM

Lol melo isn't worth that much. Plus, Butler will dip quick.

Jamiecballer
06-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Melo would have no problem differing to LeBron or being set up by a guy like CP. HYFR post makes sense, Melo only trusts players who are elite or vets. Kidd, Billups for example. Look at Melo in the Olympics even though he differs to guys like LeBron he still puts up monster numbers, but he won't do that when he's playing with lesser known players or not as established players imo.
And that's exactly why he's a career loser, he doesn't see teammates as equals

tp13baby
06-26-2015, 09:05 PM
How long before he cries his way out of NYC........I can't remember how long it took him in Denver at the moment.

haha he is getting closer. After the Al Harrington moved he lost it.

tp13baby
06-26-2015, 09:07 PM
I really think Phil made the right decision in both picks last night. Porzingas is a freak specimen and Grant is a PTP'er like Vitale would say.

They needed to rebuild. Hopefully free agents are still enticed with that team. But as a Nuggets fan I don't see how we draft any lower than 6 again with the team we have and if the Knivks don't strike in free agency that team will be a Melo drama league worst team.

JLynn943
06-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Nobody is going to want Melo anymore. Might as well try to be a leader and deal with it.

Hardaway Here
06-26-2015, 09:40 PM

Chappelle left 50 mil on the table.

rhino17
06-26-2015, 09:45 PM
What the Hell did he expect? The Knicks were a garbage team when he resigned with absolutely no means to improve themselves

blahblahyoutoo
06-26-2015, 10:05 PM
porzingas is going to be a good player in 3 years and a great player in 5. knicks fans be stoopid.

Cal827
06-26-2015, 10:38 PM
I really think Phil made the right decision in both picks last night. Porzingas is a freak specimen and Grant is a PTP'er like Vitale would say.

They needed to rebuild. Hopefully free agents are still enticed with that team. But as a Nuggets fan I don't see how we draft any lower than 6 again with the team we have and if the Knivks don't strike in free agency that team will be a Melo drama league worst team.

:laugh: You say that just because you can swap picks with them next season.

Then again, I want both the Nuggets and the Knicks to do badly next season for a similar reason :D

Cal827
06-26-2015, 10:47 PM
In the end, I think the Knicks made the best decision. But I would be seriously shopping Melo this off-season. Although their pick goes to Denver/Toronto next season, they need a proper rebuild. In dealing Melo, they should be able to get at least one good prospect and a few future first round picks from some team desperate for "star" power (E.g. Sacramento, Maybe the Lakers or Clippers bite, and if it's the Lakers, they might be able to draw one of their last picks away).

JustinTime
06-26-2015, 11:26 PM
I'm starting to feel like that Pick that the knicks trade to the Raptors is going to be nice....Knicks looks like they will be awful again (Melo potentially being traded) and Nuggets may loose both Faried and Lawson.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2015, 11:44 PM
I feel bad for the Zinger. From the fans booing him last night to his teammates criticizing him today. Seems like the only guy that wants him is Phil. We don't even know if he's going to be the best player in the draft or not. We don't know who is a bust and who is going to be at All Star. We're all just hoping. I'd give him a chance

JustinTime
06-26-2015, 11:51 PM
I feel bad for the Zinger. From the fans booing him last night to his teammates criticizing him today. Seems like the only guy that wants him is Phil. We don't even know if he's going to be the best player in the draft or not. We don't know who is a bust and who is going to be at All Star. We're all just hoping. I'd give him a chance

Euro's like that bust 95% of the time.

blahblahyoutoo
06-27-2015, 12:09 AM
I think this is just terrible leadership by Melo. You've got a young guy from Europe who is so keen to make an impact and work hard and you're meant to be the role model and person he looks up to and you publically criticize the pick.

Just makes you look like a douche and probably effects Zinger's confidence. I'm really rooting for him to prove everyone wrong. There's something about him that's just a bit different from other euro guys. He speaks impeccable English for a 19 year old Latvian and just seems very humble and hard working. Maybe all of this will actually drive him even more, give him a chip on his shoulder.

his english is already better than melo's, who is supposedly a native english speaker.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-27-2015, 12:52 AM
Euro's like that bust 95% of the time.

I wouldn't say bust. Darco was a bust. Andrea didn't live up to the hype. I can't think of to many more. There are plenty of American bust as well. Russell might fail. We just don't know.

I don't know what Phil told Melo that would upset him. Maybe he told him they were going to trade the pick for someone proven?

IBleedPurple
06-27-2015, 12:58 AM

his english is already better than melo's, who is supposedly a native english speaker.Quite true. Melo gets paid to be mad, he knew the situation when he signed on the dotted line.

east fb knicks
06-27-2015, 02:15 AM
You guys are slow lmfao

kubernetes
06-27-2015, 05:14 AM
I think it's funny that people blame Melo for taking $$$ over the chance to win a ring. You all would have crucified him if he left just as Phil "I've Got Rings On My Toes" Jackson took over. The narrative would have been "Jackson won eleven rings with Jordan and Kobe, but apparently Melo thinks he'll do better under Thibs. Idiot."

Remember, PJ was still widely regarded as an unquestionable guru/messiah/savior when he came on board last year. People would have said that Melo must be some kind of Grade A Moron to leave the Knicks and not to trust the Great Phil Jackson. Seriously, who in 2014 would have thought that leaving a PJ-led team was a good career decision?

IBleedPurple
06-27-2015, 05:17 AM
I think it's funny that people blame Melo for taking $$$ over the chance to win a ring. You all would have crucified him if he left just as Phil "I've Got Rings On My Toes" Jackson took over. The narrative would have been "Jackson won eleven rings with Jordan and Kobe, but apparently Melo thinks he'll do better under Thibs. Idiot."

Remember, PJ was still widely regarded as an unquestionable guru/messiah/savior when he came on board last year. People would have said that Melo must be some kind of Grade A Moron to leave the Knicks and not to trust the Great Phil Jackson. Seriously, who in 2014 would have thought that leaving a PJ-led team was a good career decision?PJ is a coach, and he's not coaching, so there's that...

kubernetes
06-27-2015, 05:28 AM
PJ is a coach, and he's not coaching, so there's that...

Still, Jackson came back with his mystique intact. Any skepticism was met with "11 Rings." Seriously, if Melo left before giving it a shot, there would have been a 1000 pg thread on PSD about how he must be the dumbest person in sports to leave the winningest coach/exec ever.

The hindsight is nice, but let's not pretend that people foresaw the 14-15 Knicks being *that* bad.

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2015, 08:34 AM
I'm starting to feel like that Pick that the knicks trade to the Raptors is going to be nice....Knicks looks like they will be awful again (Melo potentially being traded) and Nuggets may loose both Faried and Lawson.

How about we saw who they get in FA first

KnicksorBust
06-27-2015, 08:35 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25226572/carmelo-anthony-calls-kristaps-porzingis-a-steal-downplays-drama

Melo calls Zinger a "steal"

meloman1592
06-27-2015, 09:05 AM
You guys have typed 8 pages of garbage. There is no direct quote from Melo...just bs by isola and Stephen A. On his personal ig, Melo responded to many fans yesterday calling Porzingis a steal. But nobody will acknowledge that.

KnicksorBust
06-27-2015, 10:02 AM
You guys have typed 8 pages of garbage. There is no direct quote from Melo...just bs by isola and Stephen A. On his personal ig, Melo responded to many fans yesterday calling Porzingis a steal. But nobody will acknowledge that.

I just said that the post before you.

FOXHOUND
06-27-2015, 10:06 AM
This is why the NY media sucks and so many players crumble here. I'm glad Melo has thick enough skin to deal with it.

True Sports Fan
06-27-2015, 11:15 AM

The media literally does that **** with anyone worthwhile. Throw **** against the wall and hope it sticks. Poor excuse of journalism but it'll never change.

cncgh
06-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Melo needs to learn to be a leader. Play an entire season and don't play like he's an aging vet

tr3ymill3r
06-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Phil Jackson may have known what he was doing as a coach and massaging egos, but why would Melo trust someone in a high profile position to do the job right the first time? Phil is just as cocky and arrogant as he was as a coach and based on interviews appears to be under the impression he can plop rings down on the table and FAs will sign no questions asked. If Melo were smart and I don't believe he is, he would have signed a short term deal with opt outs in order to put pressure on the Knicks to make the right moves and also allow him to make even more money once the cap goes up. IMO Lala had more of an influence on his decision then we will ever know. Got his nuts in a vice grip.

grkmaster
06-27-2015, 01:13 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2508460-carmelo-anthony-responds-to-instagram-comments-says-porzingis-pick-was-a-steal?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

Here is Melo replying to fans(like 6 or 7) on Instagram directly about all this

mrblisterdundee
06-27-2015, 01:20 PM

Exactly; Phil knows New York isn't winning any championships with Carmelo Anthony. He's building for the post-Anthony future.

Cal827
06-27-2015, 01:27 PM
I also think Melo's messages are to safe face. It's not like he's never done it before.

And to be fair, it is understandable that he would be upset (even if he's a steal, it'll be a few years down the line, and who knows if Melo will be able to support the team much more at that point). So he could be both happy and frustrated with the pick at the same time.

But I did laugh at the ESPN article which said, he was gonna admit that he wanted the money and that's why he stayed. Not gonna call him anything over that (after all, it was a ton of more money the Knicks could offer him over other teams), but I could've sworn that he spent the first months after resigning trying to assure the fans that it wasn't about the money :laugh2:

ManningToTyree
06-27-2015, 02:10 PM
So the majority believe SAS "sources" instead of Melo himself? No wonder ESPN and the media in general get away with throwing **** against the wall until it sticks. The sheep will believe anything

mjt20mik
06-27-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm so happy we have the Knicks pick next year :)

cmellofan15
06-27-2015, 02:23 PM
i've never been a fan of the he-say she-say but I love how over the top everyone's responses are to things like this hahah

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2015, 02:42 PM

Yeah pick 16-20 will be nice :)

bklynny67
06-27-2015, 03:05 PM
@MySportsLegion: Stephen A. Smith says Carmelo Anthony feels "betrayed and hoodwinked by Phil Jackson". Wow.
You guys are fools if u believe this junk. Did Stephen A or anyone else on ESPN mention that Melo was at the workout for Porzingis and he came away very impressed?

Nope, because the media is a ****in joke. What's a better story? Melo liked the pick, or Melo is pissed about the pick and now doesn't trust Phil?

PHL thought about taking him at 3, and ORL probably takes him at 5 if the Knicks don't. You think we would be hearing this **** if it wasn't a NY team? Fact is, this was a 3 player draft and no remaining player would be the reason for them getting over the top, this year or next. They took the guy that many thought had the highest upside.

**** the media

InRoseWeTrust
06-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Yeah pick 16-20 will be nice :)
:rolleyes:

InRoseWeTrust
06-27-2015, 03:14 PM
You guys are fools if u believe this junk. Did Stephen A or anyone else on ESPN mention that Melo was at the workout for Porzingis and he came away very impressed?

Nope, because the media is a ****in joke. What's a better story? Melo liked the pick, or Melo is pissed about the pick and now doesn't trust Phil?

PHL thought about taking him at 3, and ORL probably takes him at 5 if the Knicks don't. You think we would be hearing this **** if it wasn't a NY team? Fact is, this was a 3 player draft and no remaining player would be the reason for them getting over the top, this year or next. They took the guy that many thought had the highest upside.

**** the media

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I'll use my own team as an example so you don't think I'm being totally biased. Look at the stories regarding Rose/Butler tension - there is probably something to those reports. Have involved parties denied them? Sure. But use logic - they are two ball dominant players in the same back court, with one stepping up in a major way while the other was away from the game due to injury. It's understandable why there could be tension.

Now look at the present situation. Is there any rookie in the draft who is 'NBA ready' and going to lead the team from day 1? Of course not. But there were guys on the board who were probably more ready to contribute than Zinger, especially on the defensive end. Could Melo maybe have been upset that he's 31 and Phil is taking a guy who might be a little more of a project than others a year after he was sold a bill of goods about a plan to take NYK back into contention? Sure. I'm not saying the media isn't exaggerating, but to flat out deny the story has any credibility seems a little far fetched.

For the record, I loved Phil's pick. I think he's going to be one of the best players from this draft.

mgjohnson7851
06-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Denver has the right to flip picks based on which one is lower.

Cal827
06-27-2015, 04:02 PM
So the majority believe SAS "sources" instead of Melo himself? No wonder ESPN and the media in general get away with throwing **** against the wall until it sticks. The sheep will believe anything

Yeah, cause these athletes are always honest :rolleyes: (I get what you're trying to say though).

I just don't trust anybody from the 2003 draft class :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2015, 04:20 PM
:rolleyes:

What's more likely what I said or Derrick Rose playing 82 games + playoffs at a high level? Hmm

InRoseWeTrust
06-27-2015, 11:02 PM
What's more likely what I said or Derrick Rose playing 82 games + playoffs at a high level? Hmm

Neither are likely, at all.

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2015, 11:30 PM
Neither are likely, at all.

Well considering FA hasn't happened yet we will see. I mean last year 34 wins got what the 16th pick? A healthy melo + one FA+ rookies prob get 30-35 wins alone shrug

nyknicks1969
06-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Phil played Melo.

Inviting Melo to see Porzingis practice and then leak Melo liked Porzingis is classic CYA by Phil.

All these leaks and stuff to MULTIPLE REPORTERS further reinforces the view that Melo is a selfish player. "You got the money resigning with a bad team, play in the All Star Game hurt, get operated on and now things don't go your way in a damn draft you bishhhh?" Like any rookie was going to help his selfish *** win anything next two years? LOL!

This now sets up the situation where Phil will tell Melo's Agent -- fine, go find a trade that works for both teams since you have a no trade clause.

Phil can sit back and say he does not want to trade a Top-5 NBA talent but "what can he do" if the Player wants to go.

Once Melo works over a team, Phil will then double the asking price and work from there a big trade.

I predict Washington, Chicago, Dallas, Clippers or Houston.