PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lakers keep Russell?

Ty Fast
06-25-2015, 08:20 PM
If I'm Philly I'm keeping Okafor. What do you think?

Tg11
06-25-2015, 08:22 PM
I think 76ers keep Okafor but for Russell if Lakers trade him then they would be real idiots to do that

Clint Olbrock
06-25-2015, 08:30 PM
I think he stays

More-Than-Most
06-25-2015, 08:32 PM
if they trade him they will regret it. Why trade the best player from the draft?

PraiseJesus
06-25-2015, 08:32 PM
He's part of the Laker family

DLO going nowhere

TDE
06-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Crazy move, but over I have faith in Mitch and believe they made the right move

Aust
06-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Yes for Okafor +pick
Hell no with others for Cousins

PurpleLynch
06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Hope yes. Clarkson and Russell are our future right now for the backcourt. We need a defensive small forward though. And a reliable big man.

KnicksorBust
06-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Yes.

/thread

Tg11
06-25-2015, 08:51 PM
But if anything the Lakers need to build for the future rather than spending money because the future is important and Kobe is not getting any younger but also with a young team a young front and back court the Lakers could be a threat but if only they go younger but the Lakers obviously won't do that because they wanna win now

JasonJohnHorn
06-26-2015, 12:22 AM
They should trade him to Detroit straight up for Reggie Jackson.

Full disclosure, I'm a Detroit fan.

Seriously.... if the DMC deal doesn't go through, and I don't think it will, the Lakers may want to swing a sign-and-trade for Monroe. In that case, taking Monroe, and getting Jackson for Russell might be appealing to the Lakers, especially if the Pistons threw in their pick this year. It would give the Lakers a lot of young pieces and an established player who is still quite young.

That said.. Russell looks AMAZING. Great 3-point shooter, solid passer and fantastic rebounder for his position. And if he stays at point guard, he will outsize most other point guards. I'd be keeping him and using Clarkson as a trade piece, or keeping him as an insurance policy in case Russell's game doesn't translate, or just keep him for depth and let Russell move over to shooting guard for a spell here and there.

What that Lakers should really do is find a way to get Philly or New York to take Kobe off their hands. Kobe would not make the Knicks better, but he would help them make a LOT Of money next year with ticket and jersey sales. And Philly is pretty much his home town, so he could retire there and his contract would help them reach the minimum salary cap.

The biggest problem for the Lakers is Kobe and how he might impede the development of their young players. He did not mentor Bynum very effectively. And we haven't seen any young players flourish beside Kobe. Having Randal and Russell trying to turn into legit NBA stars is going to be hard with Kobe chuckin' up 20 shots a game and whatever coach they have letting him do it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-26-2015, 12:39 AM

Seriously.... if the DMC deal doesn't go through, and I don't think it will, the Lakers may want to swing a sign-and-trade for Monroe. In that case, taking Monroe, and getting Jackson for Russell might be appealing to the Lakers, especially if the Pistons threw in their pick this year. It would give the Lakers a lot of young pieces and an established player who is still quite young.

That said.. Russell looks AMAZING. Great 3-point shooter, solid passer and fantastic rebounder for his position. And if he stays at point guard, he will outsize most other point guards. I'd be keeping him and using Clarkson as a trade piece, or keeping him as an insurance policy in case Russell's game doesn't translate, or just keep him for depth and let Russell move over to shooting guard for a spell here and there.

What that Lakers should really do is find a way to get Philly or New York to take Kobe off their hands. Kobe would not make the Knicks better, but he would help them make a LOT Of money next year with ticket and jersey sales. And Philly is pretty much his home town, so he could retire there and his contract would help them reach the minimum salary cap.

The biggest problem for the Lakers is Kobe and how he might impede the development of their young players. He did not mentor Bynum very effectively. And we haven't seen any young players flourish beside Kobe. Having Randal and Russell trying to turn into legit NBA stars is going to be hard with Kobe chuckin' up 20 shots a game and whatever coach they have letting him do it.

If the Lakers wanted crapass Monroe they would waste money and buy him. You're talking about Russell straight up for Reggie Jackson. LMFAO

And Bynum developed into an Allstars and was considered the 2nd best big in the NBA his last healthy year. Ariza flourishedwiththe Lakers after 3 teams threw him away. So what other high picks should have developed?

Jtirado16
06-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Oh my these threads. Yes they do.

Tony_Starks
06-26-2015, 12:46 AM

No disrespect but this post is horrible, even for a Piston fan.

*Silver&Black*
06-26-2015, 02:51 AM
Russell should be their 'untouchable' right now. Everyone else (Kobe excluded obviously) could/should be used to improve the team.

andy2518
06-26-2015, 02:58 AM
Of course they should. Why wouldn't they lol?

AKA TheMamba
06-26-2015, 03:13 AM
Of course they should. Why wouldn't they lol?

Some of the Lakers fanbase just want the world thats why. It's sad!!! This coming from a lakers fan lol

JasonJohnHorn
06-26-2015, 06:28 PM
If the Lakers wanted crapass Monroe they would waste money and buy him. You're talking about Russell straight up for Reggie Jackson. LMFAO

And Bynum developed into an Allstars and was considered the 2nd best big in the NBA his last healthy year. Ariza flourishedwiththe Lakers after 3 teams threw him away. So what other high picks should have developed?

Obviously you didn't get that I was joking. I guess you don't know what the word 'Seriously' means.

JasonJohnHorn
06-26-2015, 06:29 PM

How is it that hard to realize I was joking.

PraiseJesus
06-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Lakers landed, who I think will be, the best PG in the history of the NBA

Tony_Starks
06-26-2015, 08:09 PM

How is it that hard to realize I was joking.

My bad browski.

PowerHouse
06-26-2015, 08:31 PM

Biggest statement in PSD history. Im holding you to that one. And I hope your right.

PraiseJesus
06-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Biggest statement in PSD history. Im holding you to that one. And I hope your right.

I am always right

thomass
06-26-2015, 08:42 PM
Best pg? Best player. Ever. Period.

PowerHouse
06-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Woah. It only took one post for the biggest statement ever to be toppled by an even bigger statement. Anybody care to say best athlete ever next?

bleedprple&gold
06-27-2015, 12:41 AM

You were right about the Lakers picking Russell but lets not get carried away here...

GREATNESS ONE
06-27-2015, 12:49 AM
You were right about the Lakers picking Russell but lets not get carried away here...

😂

Switch
06-27-2015, 12:49 AM
Russell is the best player in the draft and I've said this 3 months ago

GREATNESS ONE
06-27-2015, 12:52 AM
russell is the best player in the draft and i've said this 3 months ago

:)

PraiseJesus
06-27-2015, 02:35 PM

Who is the consensus best PG in history atm?

Magic Johnson? maybe Steph Curry will end up with that distinction?

Dlo can pass like Magic and shoot like Curry

He's a got a chance to be the best ever - especially if gives cpr to this Lakers franchise and revives them from the dead

LakerShow
06-27-2015, 02:39 PM
we wont trade the best player in the draft. :)

blahblahyoutoo
06-27-2015, 06:09 PM
wait, where does this leave jeremy lin?