PDA

View Full Version : Official LaMarcus Aldridge Free Agency Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
06-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Pretty much well known by now, now official sources. Blazers beat writers posted on Twitter.

Clippersfan86
06-25-2015, 04:14 PM
http://www.columbian.com/news/2015/jun/25/sources-aldridge-tells-blazers-he-wont-be-back/

ManRam
06-25-2015, 04:17 PM
It's gone be one helluva an offseason.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Time for Portland to tank.

jerellh528
06-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Dayum! Kudos to Aldridge though, at least he told them before the draft and free agency. I bet he will be a spur to start next season.

Clippersfan86
06-25-2015, 04:21 PM

So Wes and Aldridge prob gone. Blazers in full rebuild mode. That's who OKC will replace in playoff race.

NYKnickFanatic
06-25-2015, 04:22 PM

Knicks would be happy to take Lillard off their hands. :D

ManRam
06-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Honestly, LMA forcing Portland to cleanse now rather than be stuck in 6th-7th seed limbo for years to come might not be a bad thing.

I hope he lands in San Antonio. That would be #fun

Stunner
06-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Welp Vonleah era

Vinylman
06-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Respect to LMA for doing the right thing and not making the team twist in the wind...

If the NBA wasn't the most ******** league around they would have the FA period before the draft... it complicates the process so much by being in the wrong order

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Respect to LMA for doing the right thing and not making the team twist in the wind...

If the NBA wasn't the most ******** league around they would have the FA period before the draft... it complicates the process so much by being in the wrong order

ive never understood why they have the draft 1st. Another thing with the way they have it set up after the rookies signing the contract they cant be traded for 30 days. They should change that so that way if teams can make a move in free agency or trade they can since the draft is before free agency

flea
06-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Honestly, LMA forcing Portland to cleanse now rather than be stuck in 6th-7th seed limbo for years to come might not be a bad thing.

I hope he lands in San Antonio. That would be #fun

A 39 year old Duncan, 24 year old Leonard, and 30 year old Aldridge is probably an even more unfair frontcourt than the 99 Spurs.

Bruno
06-25-2015, 04:36 PM
guess the Pelicans and Jazz will be duking it out for the 8th spot now. Portland is out, they're rebuilding.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Welp Vonleah era

He's got a ton of potential. He was drafted early so there are unfair expectations of him IMO. I think with PT in Portland he's going to turn into quite the pro!

Stunner
06-25-2015, 04:38 PM
He's got a ton of potential. He was drafted early so there are unfair expectations of him IMO. I think with PT in Portland he's going to turn into quite the pro!

Next Chris Bosh if he lives up to his potential

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Next Chris Bosh if he lives up to his potential

IS his outside shot really that good? Havent got to see him play much since college

ManRam
06-25-2015, 04:44 PM
IS his outside shot really that good? Havent got to see him play much since college

64% of his shots come outside the paint. He's a mid range fiend. That's always been his forte. Last year was the first year he really stretched things out the three point line at all...though not consistently or even frequently.

Vinylman
06-25-2015, 05:18 PM
ive never understood why they have the draft 1st. Another thing with the way they have it set up after the rookies signing the contract they cant be traded for 30 days. They should change that so that way if teams can make a move in free agency or trade they can since the draft is before free agency

yep ... the nba makes an easy process so complicated... think about how stupid it is that teams can't sign vet players to extensions whenever they want.

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Wow. Sad to see it happen, but Aldridge does deserve better and the Blazers keep spinning the wheels. I hope they can work a S&T, because losing him and Batum, likely Matthews too, will hurt the team and fans. Now what do they have--Lillard and...?

I wonder where he will sign. Spurs, Mavs, Lakers? Be funny to see him join Spurs, and have Duncan be Robinson and LMA be Timmy, ha.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 05:31 PM
Wow. Sad to see it happen, but Aldridge does deserve better and the Blazers keep spinning the wheels. I hope they can work a S&T, because losing him and Batum, likely Matthews too, will hurt the team and fans. Now what do they have--Lillard and...?

I know Lillard is an All-Star caliber player but depending on how their roster shapes out they could end up in that 8-14 area in the lottery every year because of Lillard and the cap space they have. If that happens it will be hard to add another good player or 2 and they will just continue to spin their wheels. Depending on how free agency goes maybe they should start to look at shipping out Lillard for pick and young unproven players with potential to help speed up their rebuild.

Even if they Sign & Trade LA, Portlands not going to get much in return that will help them in anyway for their rebuild.

Would any big name free agents really be interested in going to Portland to team up with Lillard? I cant really see them landing a top free agent but could see them be able to fill out the roster with all very solid players but I dont know if that would be enough to get them in the playoffs. I think they have either 34 or 43 mil in cap space after the Batum trade. I could be wrong on that just trying to go off memory of what they said on Sportscenter

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Also I wonder if LA would change his mind about returning if they were able to add a piece or 2 through free agency with the cap space they have and than im pretty sure they'd have bird rights on LA so they could go over the cap to resign him. Maybe they could get Wes to come back at a decent price for a year since he's coming off the injury and than sign a center like Chandler or Lopez and a sf. IDK probably not but its just a thought

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 05:36 PM
64% of his shots come outside the paint. He's a mid range fiend. That's always been his forte. Last year was the first year he really stretched things out the three point line at all...though not consistently or even frequently.

Yeah hopefully if Portland goes into a rebuild he gets a chance at some solid playing time and can continue to improve and reach his full potential! He would be a nice piece to add next to Dlil

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2015, 05:40 PM
It could be a short rebuild, but yeah, Portland generally ain't drawing players in. They do have money, though. Probably gonna join the list of undesirable teams that have to overpay to nab anyone. Would be funny if Kevin Love suddenly wanted to be a Blazer. I wonder if the FO and ownership saw a rebuild coming. They've had good W/L record and a second round appearance, but seems like this downfall was inevitable with Aldridge's hunger, Batum's injuries, Matthews, etc.

Dade County
06-25-2015, 06:07 PM
As a basketball fan (when the games are not rigged of course)...

I would love for LMA to be on the Spurs. His skill set fits so perfect with that team.

Saddletramp
06-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Wasn't he saying that he would return all year? If this was certain other people, they'd be beat to hell for pulling an absolute about face like this.

Htownballa1622
06-25-2015, 06:22 PM
I'd just like to point out that I called this a while ago.

Ppl said he said he would re-sign.

Just saiyng.

rJeezy
06-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Will Lillard have the patience to wait it out?

ManRam
06-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Wasn't he saying that he would return all year? If this was certain other people, they'd be beat to hell for pulling an absolute about face like this.

who ever could you be talking about?!?!

ThePlayoffs
06-25-2015, 06:28 PM
#Prayforlillard

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-25-2015, 06:30 PM
It could be a short rebuild, but yeah, Portland generally ain't drawing players in. They do have money, though. Probably gonna join the list of undesirable teams that have to overpay to nab anyone. Would be funny if Kevin Love suddenly wanted to be a Blazer. I wonder if the FO and ownership saw a rebuild coming. They've had good W/L record and a second round appearance, but seems like this downfall was inevitable with Aldridge's hunger, Batum's injuries, Matthews, etc.

Is Lillard, the cap space, draft, and whatever other players they have that could be seen or labeled as "assets" going to be enough for them to make the playoffs and be a challenge for any team in a 7 game series though? If they cant put a roster together that will at worse be the same team they've been since drafting Lillard they might as well go into rebuild mode.
If I was them I'd sign enough players to reach min cap and not tank but try to get a top 5/6/7 pick next year and let the guys they sign to 1 year deals expire and than next off season try to sign a top 15/20 free agent or 2 and add them to Lillard and the lottery pick and hope thats an improved roster over what they had this past season.
That is unless they could get someone like Love this off season

As a basketball fan (when the games are not rigged of course)...

I would love for LMA to be on the Spurs. His skill set fits so perfect with that team.

What rigged game are you talking about lol

I thought this as well that he had been saying all year that he was planning on returning and that he wasnt going anywhere.

Teeboy1487
06-25-2015, 06:32 PM
What if he somehow landed in Houston? I wonder if the Rockets are bold enough to clear cap again and go after another big free agent like last year.

ThePlayoffs
06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Will Lillard have the patience to wait it out?

no

ThePlayoffs
06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
What if he somehow landed in Houston? I wonder if the Rockets are bold enough to clear cap again and go after another big free agent like last year.

no

ThePlayoffs
06-25-2015, 06:47 PM

no... maybe

RubberBand Man
06-25-2015, 07:08 PM

Agreed.

More-Than-Most
06-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Dayum! Kudos to Aldridge though, at least he told them before the draft and free agency. I bet he will be a spur to start next season.

People arent realizing how selfless this actually is... Thats a pretty good move by LA.

Saddletramp
06-25-2015, 07:25 PM
People arent realizing how selfless this actually is... Thats a pretty good move by LA.

If he didn't misrepresent his intentions (on waiting till his free agent offseason) then they might have flipped him at the deadline knowing they weren't a legit threat out West. But in saying all along that the only reason he didn't yet sign an extension was to go for more money this offseason with the Blazers, he lied. And cost the Blazers assets. Smooth move doesn't equal a dickier move.

Tony_Starks
06-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the Lake Show LMA!

valade16
06-25-2015, 10:38 PM

It may be but we aren't throwing him any parades here in Portland...

WaDe03
06-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Blazers will be desperate. Sign and trade Aldridge for Bosh.

flea
06-26-2015, 12:28 AM

Bosh is the better player and only 1 year older. Assuming all is well on the health front, why would Miami want to do this?

WaDe03
06-26-2015, 01:16 AM
Bosh is the better player and only 1 year older. Assuming all is well on the health front, why would Miami want to do this?

I would say LaMarcus is the better player but the main reason other than an upgrade in the player, we would be cutting off close to 6 million in salary a year from the terrible contract we gave Bosh.

aman_13
06-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Blazers GM is denying this news.

MTar786
06-26-2015, 04:00 AM
i think aldridges odds look like this

spurs
lakers
knicks
cavs

in that order

IBleedPurple
06-26-2015, 04:35 AM
Fox Sports radio said he's home shopping in LA, whatever that's worth. SA would be nasty if he goes there, and they could finally have a team that can sustain an injury in their backcourt.

matt800
06-26-2015, 05:23 AM
Blazers GM is denying this news.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/olsheypresser25jun15a

That's the link to him saying that in no way has Aldridge said he wasn't going to return, and they even laughed about how ridiculous the rumors were getting.

From following Portland for a while, a lot of these rumors really don't sound like they are in his character. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Portland. Maybe Mavericks or Spurs. He'd have to have a major change in personality to want to go to LA or NYC. He is a quiet guy and sometimes the media in Portland is even too much for him.

valade16
06-26-2015, 09:29 AM
http://www.nba.com/blazers/olsheypresser25jun15a

That's the link to him saying that in no way has Aldridge said he wasn't going to return, and they even laughed about how ridiculous the rumors were getting.

From following Portland for a while, a lot of these rumors really don't sound like they are in his character. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Portland. Maybe Mavericks or Spurs. He'd have to have a major change in personality to want to go to LA or NYC. He is a quiet guy and sometimes the media in Portland is even too much for him.

I think the GM is just saying this to save face a little. The moves he's made are very telling.

He's now traded Batum, Blake and our draft pick for Vonleh and Plumlee. He clearly anticipates needing more big men, which to me suggests the writing is on the wall for his departure.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2015, 09:40 AM
I think the GM is just saying this to save face a little. The moves he's made are very telling.

He's now traded Batum, Blake and our draft pick for Vonleh and Plumlee. He clearly anticipates needing more big men, which to me suggests the writing is on the wall for his departure.

This. If anyone besides Blazers fans knows Olshey it's Clippers fans. He worked in our front office for something like 15 years, 2 in a large role. He's the NBA's greatest smooth talker. Dude can sell you a dead snake if he wanted. He's trying to salvage some of LMA's value in a sign in trade. If it gets out that LMA is 99 percent gone, teams have little incentive to S+T for him and if they do will lowball the hell out of Portland.

Tony_Starks
06-26-2015, 10:55 AM
So since "everyone" wants to play with a certain superstar and "nobody" wants to play with a particular all time great legend then LMA will be rebuffing the Lakers and taking his talents to Cleveland right?

Chronz
06-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Cuz Aldridge is the better player

flea
06-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Cuz Aldridge is the better player

By what measure? Offensively they're very close and so are advanced stats, but Bosh still edges him in basically all of them. Neither play above the rim anymore, and weren't even that great at it when they were younger, but Bosh is the better rebounder.

Bosh shoots Dirk percentages from 16 and out, Aldridge is good but not in that class. Bosh hasn't used his post game much in the last few years because of having Lebron but it's pretty comparable to Aldridge's. Aldridge has his sweet spot along the baseline, but we've seen that get shut down in the playoffs. Bosh has expanded his 3-point game, making him even more valuable off the ball. Defensively I think Bosh is better, though neither have ever been much to write home about. Bosh seems to move better on P&R coverage. Both are competent passers, Aldridge may be better there.

Just not seeing how Aldridge is meaningfully better. At worst Aldridge is slightly better - though I'll take the guy that can shoot better going into his decline, which is Bosh.

JoeDirt05
06-26-2015, 02:04 PM
To bad the Spurs and blazers won't do a sign and trade swapping kawhi for LMA it would solve a problem for both teams

Longhornfan1234
06-26-2015, 02:17 PM
The Spurs have to let Green walk, trade Spliiter and sign Duncan to a 6-8 million a year to make this happen, right?

valade16
06-26-2015, 02:33 PM
By what measure? Offensively they're very close and so are advanced stats, but Bosh still edges him in basically all of them. Neither play above the rim anymore, and weren't even that great at it when they were younger, but Bosh is the better rebounder.

Bosh shoots Dirk percentages from 16 and out, Aldridge is good but not in that class. Bosh hasn't used his post game much in the last few years because of having Lebron but it's pretty comparable to Aldridge's. Aldridge has his sweet spot along the baseline, but we've seen that get shut down in the playoffs. Bosh has expanded his 3-point game, making him even more valuable off the ball. Defensively I think Bosh is better, though neither have ever been much to write home about. Bosh seems to move better on P&R coverage. Both are competent passers, Aldridge may be better there.

Just not seeing how Aldridge is meaningfully better. At worst Aldridge is slightly better - though I'll take the guy that can shoot better going into his decline, which is Bosh.

Bosh hasn't been a better rebounder in like half a decade. LMA has outrebounded him forever now and he's doing it on a team that is stacked with rebounders and averages near the top of the league in rebounds every year.

Also, while not shooting as much as Bosh LMA has expanded his game to the 3pt line, taking 1.5 per game last season. He can shoot the 3 now.

Also, LMA IMO is a better defender on bigger guys. Bosh seems to get pushed around with his frame a lot whereas LMA was able to play Howard and not give way too much.

LMA at this point is better than Bosh. Maybe if Bosh still rebounded or played in the post at all like he used to, but he doesn't. Last year he didn't have Bron and he still avoided the post like the plague.

valade16
06-26-2015, 02:34 PM
To bad the Spurs and blazers won't do a sign and trade swapping kawhi for LMA it would solve a problem for both teams

Spurs would not trade Kawhi for LMA, nor should they. Kawhi is vastly younger and if not better from a pure talent standpoint, certainly such a unique skillset it makes him incredibly valuable.

flea
06-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Bosh hasn't been a better rebounder in like half a decade. LMA has outrebounded him forever now and he's doing it on a team that is stacked with rebounders and averages near the top of the league in rebounds every year.

Also, while not shooting as much as Bosh LMA has expanded his game to the 3pt line, taking 1.5 per game last season. He can shoot the 3 now.

Also, LMA IMO is a better defender on bigger guys. Bosh seems to get pushed around with his frame a lot whereas LMA was able to play Howard and not give way too much.

LMA at this point is better than Bosh. Maybe if Bosh still rebounded or played in the post at all like he used to, but he doesn't. Last year he didn't have Bron and he still avoided the post like the plague.

Well you're a Blazers fan, not surprised you think this is the case. I still remember LMA when he didn't have Hickson/Lopez next to him - I don't think it's a coincidence that he never had a 20% DRB season until they came along. Bosh has done that every year of his career but 2 (one being his rookie year). He's done it against 5s during the Big 3 era, and he played the 5 a lot in Toronto. Only reason people question his rebounding is because of the Big 3 era, where Lebron was often the 4 or 3 with Battier and the team sacrificed rebounding for spacing. He can hold his own just fine as a 4 or 5, 2 rings and the stats prove that.

LMA on the other hand is strictly a 4, he's the one who gets pushed around. Bosh looks spindly but he's got good strength and was always a better athlete (an elite one by big man standards when he came in). LMA was never much more than an average athlete and gets exposed laterally.

kdspurman
06-26-2015, 03:12 PM
The Spurs have to let Green walk, trade Spliiter and sign Duncan to a 6-8 million a year to make this happen, right?

They can keep Green, but he would have to be willing to sacrifice a couple million probably. Of course I wouldn't be mad @ him if he is not willing to do that.

kdspurman
06-26-2015, 03:14 PM

Nah, it'd hurt us big time. Kawhi is the guy who can defend other teams perimeter players at an elite level.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2015, 03:20 PM

Blazers rather let Aldridge walk then take on Bosh that is up in the air health wise with collapsed lung. That could be a very bad contract if he cant play. Even if insurance pays 80% of the salary the cap be held hostage. Trust me. Us Bucks fans had Michael Redd holding us hostage most of his last contract. Bad enough Bogut is injured almost every season with him. Them were some dark times for Milwaukee. Think Blazers plan B is Love. Not sure if they can keep Afflalo or Matthews at all. Robin is free agent as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-26-2015, 03:24 PM

Splitter to the Cavs for nonguaranteed Haywood and second rounder? Cavs get another big man cause AV is always injured. Spurs clear some cap for much needed players like Leonard and Green and maybe free agent like Aldridge? Didn't check Spurs payroll. But Leonard RFA? He could be signed last and they would have to hurry and sign Aldridge.

valade16
06-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Well you're a Blazers fan, not surprised you think this is the case. I still remember LMA when he didn't have Hickson/Lopez next to him - I don't think it's a coincidence that he never had a 20% DRB season until they came along. Bosh has done that every year of his career but 2 (one being his rookie year). He's done it against 5s during the Big 3 era, and he played the 5 a lot in Toronto. Only reason people question his rebounding is because of the Big 3 era, where Lebron was often the 4 or 3 with Battier and the team sacrificed rebounding for spacing. He can hold his own just fine as a 4 or 5, 2 rings and the stats prove that.

LMA on the other hand is strictly a 4, he's the one who gets pushed around. Bosh looks spindly but he's got good strength and was always a better athlete (an elite one by big man standards when he came in). LMA was never much more than an average athlete and gets exposed laterally.

To be fair, he didn't do it in 13 (17.6%) and using 20% sounds nice as some cutoff to quality, but Bosh barely averaged over that for much of his later career, in fact never higher than 20.5% the last 5 years and his total average the last 5 seasons is 19.5%.

Yes, that's better than Aldridge was, but you're trying to compare what Bosh did 5 years ago to what LMA did 3 years ago to say Bosh is currently better at it. LMA has greatly improved his focus on the boards and it shows.

Also, LMA does not get pushed around, he just doesn't like banging down there against 5's when his natural position is the 4. LMA does get exposed laterally but against bigger guys he doesn't get pushed back like Bosh does. Bosh was getting murdered by Hibbert in the Pacers series' while LMA was switched on Howard when he became too much for Rolo one on one.

Regardless, you can think Bosh is better, but not many other people do. NBA GMs certainly don't.

Longhornfan1234
06-26-2015, 03:52 PM
They can keep Green, but he would have to be willing to sacrifice a couple million probably. Of course I wouldn't be mad @ him if he is not willing to do that.

Green most likely will not take a cut. Do you think Spurs will land LA?

kdspurman
06-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Green most likely will not take a cut. Do you think Spurs will land LA?

The signs are all there that they will, they're #1 on his list supposedly, so knowing that, I'd probably say NO lol. History has shown too many times that guys prefer other places and change their mind when it looks promising.

The only difference here is the relationship LMA has with TD, his childhood idol and a guy that he really admires and goes to for b-ball tips.

I agree about Green... But I will say, maybe he takes less now and they take care of him later, similarly to what they've done with guys before. Especially when the new TV deal happens. It could be interesting, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't a tall. He's a great 3 & D guy

WaDe03
06-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Blazers rather let Aldridge walk then take on Bosh that is up in the air health wise with collapsed lung. That could be a very bad contract if he cant play. Even if insurance pays 80% of the salary the cap be held hostage. Trust me. Us Bucks fans had Michael Redd holding us hostage most of his last contract. Bad enough Bogut is injured almost every season with him. Them were some dark times for Milwaukee. Think Blazers plan B is Love. Not sure if they can keep Afflalo or Matthews at all. Robin is free agent as well.

I'm pretty sure it was a blood clot in the lungs not a collapsed lung and he's already back playing basketball and find now he made a full recovery. Unless they want to rebuild they may look in to something like this.

JNA17
06-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Come to the lakers LMA! :D

LakerShow
06-26-2015, 04:47 PM
:rock:He's L.A.bound just watch.

Confusious
06-27-2015, 07:25 PM
He's a class act in an ocean full of ***** that purposely lead teams on to believe that they're still interested in returning, if nothing but to drive their bargaining chip for a higher pay day.

Saddletramp
06-27-2015, 10:40 PM
He's a class act in an ocean full of ***** that purposely lead teams on to believe that they're still interested in returning, if nothing but to drive their bargaining chip for a higher pay day.

That's basically what he's doing by the sound of it.

flea
06-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Regardless, you can think Bosh is better, but not many other people do. NBA GMs certainly don't.

Really, how do you know? Are you in constant contact with them? One of the most highly respected basketball minds of all time just gave Bosh a max contract at the same age Aldridge is currently. There were at least 2 or 3 other teams willing to pay that as well, including the Rockets who cleared space just in the hopes of attracting him. At best these are virtual equal players, but again I take the better shooter and defender.

Htownballa1622
06-28-2015, 12:43 AM
I just want to know... if it's about long term success then why are the Spurs his number one choice?

They're a year away from very unknown. No doubt next year they'd be great with him but going forward he'd just be banking on an aging parker and hoping leonard continues getting better.

Of course pop will be there, but I feel duncan is the key there.

matt800
06-28-2015, 01:05 AM
I just want to know... if it's about long term success then why are the Spurs his number one choice?

They're a year away from very unknown. No doubt next year they'd be great with him but going forward he'd just be banking on an aging parker and hoping leonard continues getting better.

Of course pop will be there, but I feel duncan is the key there.

It's an organization with the most impressive recent history of winning, and pretty fairly the best coach currently.
But you are right which would make the only real reason for going there if he wants to live in San Antonio.

In my opinion this news is mostly BS created by the media for attention. Having watched LMA for several years now, a lot of the reports are contradictory to his personality.

I don't think the Portland GM is lying when saying that LMA has not told them he wouldn't return. It wouldn't do anything except discredit him. All any other team would have to do is ask LMA or his agent for the truth.

I think we'll have to wait and see what teams look like talent wise, and how much money they can offer before we really know what LMA will do. I'd be surprised if he went to any big markets considering he is an introvert and doesn't like press.

Htownballa1622
06-28-2015, 01:20 AM
It's an organization with the most impressive recent history of winning, and pretty fairly the best coach currently.
But you are right which would make the only real reason for going there if he wants to live in San Antonio.

In my opinion this news is mostly BS created by the media for attention. Having watched LMA for several years now, a lot of the reports are contradictory to his personality.

I don't think the Portland GM is lying when saying that LMA has not told them he wouldn't return. It wouldn't do anything except discredit him. All any other team would have to do is ask LMA or his agent for the truth.

I think we'll have to wait and see what teams look like talent wise, and how much money they can offer before we really know what LMA will do. I'd be surprised if he went to any big markets considering he is an introvert and doesn't like press.

Definitely. Don't get me wrong. San Antonio is intriguing for sure but i'm sure he's weighing out ALL options.

I do think he plans on leaving once he hears which team fits him best.

I've read (from a pretty reliable source on agent side of things) that he's got a few visits with different teams lined up next wednesday. (My Rox included)

My only point was, after this year, San Antonio will have a very different roster. A core of he, aging TP, and Kawhi is an ok start. He'd just be better off potentially staying with Lillard or going somewhere where there's more young talent.

Munkeysuit
06-28-2015, 02:24 AM
Where's he going? Spurs?

matt800
06-28-2015, 05:44 AM
Definitely. Don't get me wrong. San Antonio is intriguing for sure but i'm sure he's weighing out ALL options.

I do think he plans on leaving once he hears which team fits him best.

I've read (from a pretty reliable source on agent side of things) that he's got a few visits with different teams lined up next wednesday. (My Rox included)

My only point was, after this year, San Antonio will have a very different roster. A core of he, aging TP, and Kawhi is an ok start. He'd just be better off potentially staying with Lillard or going somewhere where there's more young talent.

He said in his exit interview he's been in Portland his whole career and that has weight and he's not trying to have that end, but he also wants to weigh is options. He's never been a free agent and wants to go through the process.

I could see him going somewhere else if they could put together a great team around him and a great presentation of their organization. It's really up in the air as to what moves teams can make. But I also think the media is over hyping his interest in leaving.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-28-2015, 01:11 PM
I read Spurs don't wanna trade Splitter in salary dump to land Aldridge.

kdspurman
06-28-2015, 02:01 PM
I read Spurs don't wanna trade Splitter in salary dump to land Aldridge.

SA didnt trade Splitter, and wont until LMA commits to them. which is smart, if they trade Splitter and LMA goes somewhwre else, theyre screwed.

kdspurman
06-28-2015, 02:08 PM
wondering why he'd want to go to SA? Tim Duncan is almost 40 and still going strong. i think LMA has been quoted in saying he wants to play as long as he can, and SA gives him a pretty good chance to do that.

even if Pop and TD arent there forever, (Pop may not coach but theres a good chance he will still be around) the foundation has been set.

Aust
06-28-2015, 02:53 PM
I think he lands in SA.

andy2518
06-28-2015, 03:08 PM
I think he lands in SA.

Just hand the Spurs the chip if that happens lol. JK, but it would be pretty damn unfair.

Aust
06-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Just hand the Spurs the chip if that happens lol. JK, but it would be pretty damn unfair.

That's what happens when your all time franchise player is willing to take less in order to win.

GREATNESS ONE
06-28-2015, 03:26 PM
See you in LA, LA.

Stunner
06-29-2015, 10:21 AM
@LakersNation: REPORT: Lakers preparing four-year, $80M offer for LaMarcus Aldridge.
http://t.co/avjMNBILIf http://t.co/27O07nNWl4

Stunner
06-29-2015, 03:39 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Raptors, who have the cap space to offer a max contract, will meet with LaMarcus Aldridge this week. (via @ShamsCharania)

NYKnickFanatic
06-29-2015, 03:40 PM
See you in LA, LA.

LMA, bruh.

dalton749
06-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Toronto can make a pretty good pitch to him. Fits well with jv, derozan, Lowry and they have he pieces/picks to make a move for another star

sammyvine
06-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Toronto can make a pretty good pitch to him. Fits well with jv, derozan, Lowry and they have he pieces/picks to make a move for another star

Plus its the east. Harsh or not but unless your signing for a legit contender like Warriors or OKC, players should avoid the West. Its just way too stacked. Minnesota will even soon be a threat if all their draft picks reach their potential.

LakerShow
06-29-2015, 07:19 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Raptors, who have the cap space to offer a max contract, will meet with LaMarcus Aldridge this week. (via @ShamsCharania)

:laugh2:

Clippersfan86
06-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Lakers are now the favorites according to few reports.

Switch
06-29-2015, 09:50 PM
I think he lands in LA

kdspurman
06-29-2015, 09:57 PM

Htownballa1622
06-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Lakers are the favorites yet I've read reports of him house shopping in L.A AND San Antonio.

lmao. free agency is wild.

kdspurman
06-29-2015, 10:32 PM
Lakers are the favorites yet I've read reports of him house shopping in L.A AND San Antonio.

I honestly dont know how anyone can be favorites unless LMA is saying it himself, and even then, he hasn't met with anyone. (unless he truly has decided and is meeting teams just to meet)

It's like who the heck really knows.

Stunner
06-29-2015, 10:50 PM
@basketballtalk: Report: LaMarcus Aldridge ‘leaning toward’ signing with Lakers http://t.co/8n9xJy9oPJ

Stunner
06-29-2015, 10:55 PM
@basketballtalk: Report: LaMarcus Aldridge ‘leaning toward’ signing with Lakers http://t.co/8n9xJy9oPJ

Htownballa1622
06-29-2015, 11:09 PM
I honestly dont know how anyone can be favorites unless LMA is saying it himself, and even then, he hasn't met with anyone. (unless he truly has decided and is meeting teams just to meet)

It's like who the heck really knows.

Right?!

I've read an insider that posts on a rox forum say he(LMA) wants l.a. lakers to pair with cousins there.

Another Rox guy that posts behind the name "Doc Rocket" says that he has a guy in San Antonio that says Rox are LMA's fave choice.

IDK WHAT to believe lol.

All I know is…

LAL, HOU, SA, PHO, DAL, TOR, NYK all get meetings tomorrow night at 9pm pacific time in LA in that order.
(per David Aldridge)

NYKnickFanatic
06-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Why is LMA being called LA all of a sudden?

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2015, 11:10 PM
LA to LA!

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2015, 11:10 PM
Because LA to LA!

Avenged
06-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Why is LMA being called LA all of a sudden?

Most laker fans think they're cute. ;)

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2015, 11:15 PM

👨*❤️*👨😘 you're sooooo sweet ! :laugh2:

lakerfan85
06-29-2015, 11:16 PM

****ing Laker fans.. :mad:

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2015, 11:16 PM
He can return to LMA if he signs with another team, if he signs with LA, he will don the name LA!!!! Brand $$$$$$

Jayb587
06-29-2015, 11:21 PM
damn PSD gonna be so mad if we get LMA. Sory folks, the sucking is over.

east fb knicks
06-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Lmao last week it was the spurs nobody knows where he's going

AllBall
06-29-2015, 11:22 PM
This just in Fat Joe leaning back

NYKnickFanatic
06-29-2015, 11:23 PM

He can return to LMA if he signs with another team, if he signs with LA, he will don the name LA!!!! Brand $$$$$$

Lol

kdspurman
06-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Right?!

I've read an insider that posts on a rox forum say he(LMA) wants l.a. lakers to pair with cousins there.

Another Rox guy that posts behind the name "Doc Rocket" says that he has a guy in San Antonio that says Rox are LMA's fave choice.

IDK WHAT to believe lol.

All I know is…

LAL, HOU, SA, PHO, DAL, TOR, NYK all get meetings tomorrow night at 9pm pacific time in LA in that order.
(per David Aldridge)

And there's this that Woj just said on a radio show:

"Right now Spurs are the front-runners if he's going to leave Portland... I know there's been a lot of talk that Aldridge has already decided to leave the Blazers. I'm told that he's still considering them. My sources are telling me this will ultimately come down to the Spurs or taking that 5th year that portland can guarantee him and the extra $27 Million that could come in a deal with them."

-Woj just now now on FS1

I'm with you, I have no idea what to believe. He's meeting with a bunch of teams, and you can never rule out LA or NYK, just cause of the cities and history and what not. Tor is intriguing due to playing in the East , easier title path etc... Dallas doesn't make much sense to me, but that's just my opinion, and Houston, he'd be 3rd banana, and who knows how he feels about that.

Just gotta wait and see i guess

Either way, hopefully we'll know something by the end of Wednesday night lol.

jerellh528
06-29-2015, 11:31 PM
I don't believe it. Why would he come here over sas? If they got Lma they would be heavy favorites to win the title this yr. if he joined us, the soonest we would possibly contend is after next offseason.

Htownballa1622
06-29-2015, 11:34 PM
And there's this that Woj just said on a radio show:

I'm with you, I have no idea what to believe. He's meeting with a bunch of teams, and you can never rule out LA or NYK, just cause of the cities and history and what not. Tor is intriguing due to playing in the East , easier title path etc... Dallas doesn't make much sense to me, but that's just my opinion, and Houston, he'd be 3rd banana, and who knows how he feels about that.

Just gotta wait and see i guess

Either way, hopefully we'll know something by the end of Wednesday night lol.

I just saw that on twitter about WOJ.

Crazy haha. Nobody even gives PDX the chance to retain but you're right. Hope we hear more soon.

Jayb587
06-29-2015, 11:36 PM
I don't believe it. Why would he come here over sas? If they got Lma they would be heavy favorites to win the title this yr. if he joined us, the soonest we would possibly contend is after next offseason.

they don't even have the money to sign him.

kdspurman
06-29-2015, 11:36 PM

Changing by the hour...

kdspurman
06-29-2015, 11:37 PM
they don't even have the money to sign him.

They (like others meeting him) have to make a move or 2 to make it happen. If he commits, they'd make it happen.

DarkKnight
06-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski retweeted
Marc J. Spears
28m28 minutes ago
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Tim Duncan joining Spurs' efforts to recruit prized free agent big man LaMarcus Aldridge.

championships
06-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Didn't Portland make "I Love LA" Aldridge theme Song?

DarkKnight
06-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Wojo speaks I listen

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2015, 11:41 PM
Didn't Portland make "I Love LA" Aldridge theme Song?

😂 yes

jerellh528
06-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski retweeted
Marc J. Spears
28m28 minutes ago
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Tim Duncan joining Spurs' efforts to recruit prized free agent big man LaMarcus Aldridge.

Well it's a wrap guys. If Duncan asks you to join, I don't know how you can say no.

championships
06-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Perfect fit then. Won't even need to change his song. In fact he will hear it often at Dodger games :D

Jayb587
06-29-2015, 11:46 PM
They (like others meeting him) have to make a move or 2 to make it happen. If he commits, they'd make it happen.

no one Is taking tiagos 8.5 million contract. that's a pipe dream. he cant even play 20 min a game.

tredigs
06-29-2015, 11:46 PM

Obvious is "because LA". More money and honeys. He is a Texan though.

Htownballa1622
06-29-2015, 11:49 PM
no one Is taking tiagos 8.5 million contract. that's a pipe dream. he cant even play 20 min a game.

That contract would EASILY be taken by other teams.

Jayb587
06-29-2015, 11:51 PM

lmao yea right. name one.

Bron > Kobe
06-29-2015, 11:51 PM

I dont see alot of teams standing in line to take Tiagos 9 mil and help the Spurs win another title.

kdspurman
06-29-2015, 11:53 PM

hahaha.. they turned trade offers down for him already on draft night. He's had some injuries the past couple years, but he played 81 2 seasons ago, and missed the 1 game cause of rest.

His contract is very reasonable for what he does. Guarantee he'd be wanted. Heck, Portland wanted him a couple yrs back

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 12:00 AM
hahaha.. they turned trade offers down for him already on draft night. He's had some injuries the past couple years, but he played 81 2 seasons ago, and missed the 1 game cause of rest.

His contract is very reasonable for what he does. Guarantee he'd be wanted. Heck, Portland wanted him a couple yrs back

Portland has already refused to sign and trade for him. they didn't turn down any trades draft night. making up myths lmao. no one wants that bum.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 12:01 AM
But sources told ESPN.com that the Spurs actually rebuffed trade interest from teams hoping to pry Splitter away in conjunction with Thursday's NBA draft, raising the possibility that Splitter might stick around.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13154833/san-antonio-spurs-think-tim-duncan-likely-return-19th-nba-season

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 12:03 AM
Portland has already refused to sign and trade for him. they didn't turn down any trades draft night. making up myths lmao. no one wants that bum.

Portland wanted him a couple years back..

From Woj in 2013:

The Portland Trail Blazers are expected to be a suitor for Splitter, league sources said. The Utah Jazz and Atlanta Hawks have salary-cap space, a need for a young center and general managers - Dennis Lindsey and Danny Ferry, respectively - who were Spurs front-office executives when Splitter came into the organization.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/6/30/4481604/wojnarowski-blazers-expected-to-chase-spurs-rfa-c-tiago-splitter

Gotta pay attention to details man....

But yea , I'm making up myths ( i have links backing up what I'm saying) :laugh2: Nice chatting with ya. I see what kinda fan you are ;)

LakerShow
06-30-2015, 12:04 AM
L.A. To L.A.

Cal827
06-30-2015, 12:10 AM

Raptors
Cavailers
Knicks
Bucks
Pacers
Heat
Knicks Again
Lakers
Clippers
Knicks a third time
Nuggets
Suns
Mavericks

His contract is a little expensive, but for his skills, a fair bit of teams may pay it to get his value. His per 36 is pretty good after all :laugh2:

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Raptors
Cavailers
Knicks
Bucks
Pacers
Heat
Knicks Again
Lakers
Clippers
Knicks a third time
Nuggets
Suns
Mavericks

His contract is a little expensive, but for his skills, a fair bit of teams may pay it to get his value. His per 36 is pretty good after all :laugh2:

his per per 15. cuz 15 min is all u gonna get from that bum.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 12:26 AM
All these sauces. Nobody knows. Woj had the Lakers picking okafor up until 2 minutes before the pick.

PraiseJesus
06-30-2015, 12:32 AM

I dont understand it either. 3 starter under 21 and Kobe at 37.

This is after leaving a team with Lilard, Batum, and Lopez

Unless there is moves or promised made behind the scenes it makes no sense to me

sixer04fan
06-30-2015, 12:33 AM
This would be shocking I must say. Makes me wonder if they have plans to pull the trigger on a Cousins deal as well involving Randle

Sactown
06-30-2015, 12:37 AM
his per per 15. cuz 15 min is all u gonna get from that bum.

Reality is big man have always been paid at a premium

Look at

Hibbert
Gortat
Brendon Hayward
Vuc
Nay Nay
Pek
Anderson V

All paid over 11 mil

Tiago will be easy to move

Aust
06-30-2015, 12:53 AM

He already has a house here in Newport beach. Maybe he wants another one?

Htownballa1622
06-30-2015, 01:07 AM
He already has a house here in Newport beach. Maybe he wants another one?

Hmm... not sure. Just something I read on twitter.

LivinLakers
06-30-2015, 01:46 AM
I don't think you can trust anything you read anymore. There are so many sources that are wrong. The only one you can trust is Woj...

rhino17
06-30-2015, 01:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13172071/lamarcus-aldridge-start-free-agency-los-angeles-lakers-houston-rockets

Aldridge will meet with Lakers and Rockets on Tuesday night, immediately after free agency period begins

shep33
06-30-2015, 02:29 AM
As a Laker fan, i think he signs with the Spurs.

It'd be cool if he came to LA, but if we Get a center, and then we get LMA as our PF, that leaves Randle as our 6th man. I want to see the kid play

Iron24th
06-30-2015, 05:29 AM
Lakers seem to be a longer shot than SA, but who knows, every hour every writer will try to announce his chosen team with a "league sources"

Annoying...

thenaj17
06-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Am i the only Laker fan who doesn't want him and thinks he's massively overrated?

I just don't think adding him makes us a contender now or in a couple years time when he's in his 30's

LakersIn5
06-30-2015, 08:11 AM
sign deandre jordan and then a sign & trade of randle,young,something for aldridge. Atleast portland gets something instead of losing aldridge for nothing.

Deandre jordan
Lamarcus aldridge
Kobe
Dangelo russell
Jordan clarkson

Rondo
nance
Brown
Ed davis
Kelly
Black
Ellington
Vets

lakerfan85
06-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Come on guys.. It's all speculation until Broussard reports it anyway.. ****ing rookies!!

GeronimoSon
06-30-2015, 08:21 AM
I dont see alot of teams standing in line to take Tiagos 9 mil and help the Spurs win another title.

Unless that team helps themselves in an equal fashion..

The Spurs are not hard capped, but, with the cap holds, they're pretty close. They'll need to clear between $ 12 and $ 14 MM in salary to be able to make a free agent acquisition. This assumes Portland does not "cooperate in their best interest" and do a sign and trade. It's clear, the Spurs want to keep Tiago Splitter, however, wing shooter, Danny Green, who is leaving anyway, can be a sign and trade candidate that would help the Spurs acquire LMA or LA or whatever alphabet soup defines him..

So, early next week, Brendan Haywood is traded to the Spurs who then waive him and his non-guaranteed contract. This clears the salary cap space the Spurs need to acquire Aldridge.. The return to the Cavs is a S & T of Danny Green..

Both teams are better. Thoughts?..

RLundi
06-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Well Woj has consistently listed the Spurs as LMA's destination if he doesn't stay in Portland. I think this is Lakers fans' wishing and hoping and praying. Truth is, Los Angeles is in a worse situation than the team he is leaving. Not sure why he'd leave a pseudo-contender for a rebuilding team in a weird transition doing patch work.

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Well Woj has consistently listed the Spurs as LMA's destination if he doesn't stay in Portland. I think this is Lakers fans' wishing and hoping and praying. Truth is, Los Angeles is in a worse situation than the team he is leaving. Not sure why he'd leave a pseudo-contender for a rebuilding team in a weird transition doing patch work.

that hate doesn't look good on you brah

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 09:19 AM

The Spurs are not hard capped, but, with the cap holds, they're pretty close. They'll need to clear between $ 12 and $ 14 MM in salary to be able to make a free agent acquisition. This assumes Portland does not "cooperate in their best interest" and do a sign and trade. It's clear, the Spurs want to keep Tiago Splitter, however, wing shooter, Danny Green, who is leaving anyway, can be a sign and trade candidate that would help the Spurs acquire LMA or LA or whatever alphabet soup defines him..

So, early next week, Brendan Haywood is traded to the Spurs who then waive him and his non-guaranteed contract. This clears the salary cap space the Spurs need to acquire Aldridge.. The return to the Cavs is a S & T of Danny Green..

I don't think its a foregone conclusion Danny is leaving. It's quite possible he stays. I won't be surprised if he does leave, but the Spurs would much rather keep Danny than Splitter, if LMA agrees to join. He might have to sacrifice some $, but no one knows if he's willing to but him

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 09:33 AM

only reason the cavs are trading Haywood is to fit in love. I don't think they want to take on more salary

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2015, 09:40 AM
only reason the cavs are trading Haywood is to fit in love. I don't think they want to take on more salary

They don't need to trade Haywood to fit Love, though.

valade16
06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
I don't think its a foregone conclusion Danny is leaving. It's quite possible he stays. I won't be surprised if he does leave, but the Spurs would much rather keep Danny than Splitter, if LMA agrees to join. He might have to sacrifice some $, but no one knows if he's willing to but him

But given the history of NBA players, particularly those in their athletic prime and about to be facing their first payday, we can be reasonably certain he's not going to take much of a discount.

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 10:00 AM
They don't need to trade Haywood to fit Love, though.

how, being that TT, Love, kyre, and bron are going to take the entire salary cap to retain

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 10:05 AM
But given the history of NBA players, particularly those in their athletic prime and about to be facing their first payday, we can be reasonably certain he's not going to take much of a discount.

Yea, it all depends on how much. If it's a significant difference, he's probably as good as gone

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 10:18 AM
im surprised the spurs are actually interested, they never want to pay anyone top dollar. With that said I bet they ask LMA to take a discount.

Jarvo
06-30-2015, 10:53 AM

Changing by the hour...

I really hope The Spurs bring everyone to lure him to SA, Him, Kawhi and Parker could be a deadly trio and if Green leave get a decent 2.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 11:17 AM
I really hope The Spurs bring everyone to lure him to SA, Him, Kawhi and Parker could be a deadly trio and if Green leave get a decent 2.

I read initially Kawhi would too but Spears reported Pop/TP/TD went to LA. Keeping Green would be a great bonus, him & Kawhi cause major problems defensively.

RLundi
06-30-2015, 12:07 PM

Hate? Everything I said was completely true and palatable. I have no reason to hate lol. Just because you don't agree or like what I have to say doesn't equate what I said to hate.

Aust
06-30-2015, 12:27 PM

You mean Laker fans started all these rumors of his interest?

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2015, 12:34 PM
damn PSD gonna be so mad if we get LMA. Sory folks, the sucking is over.

:dance2: weeeeeeeeeee backkkkk

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-30-2015, 12:43 PM

Lundi is always sour

RLundi
06-30-2015, 01:05 PM
Lakers fans angry with me because I said LMA will have a better situation with the Spurs :laugh2:

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Lakers fans angry with me because I said LMA will have a better situation with the Spurs :laugh2:

yea for one year as long as timmy is there, tony parker is already nothing compared to what he use to be. then rebuild time.

ManRam
06-30-2015, 01:23 PM
how, being that TT, Love, kyre, and bron are going to take the entire salary cap to retain

The Cavs can re-sign any of their guys regardless of what their cap is. It only impacts their ability to sign outsiders.

Minimal
06-30-2015, 01:28 PM
IDK what LMA thinks, but if its true, it looks like LMA wants to just play suppar basketball, get money, live in LA to the end of a career and thats all.I don't like players like that.

True Sports Fan
06-30-2015, 01:29 PM
In before LMA doesn't sign with LA and Is labeled an inefficient one dimensional scrub

Jayb587
06-30-2015, 01:30 PM
The Cavs can re-sign any of their guys regardless of what their cap is. It only impacts their ability to sign outsiders.

so the luxury tax wont affect them?

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2015, 01:50 PM

He won't sacrafice money. This is his chance to get paid. Players like that don't sacrafice nor should they.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 01:51 PM
He doesn't make sense here. Four of our starting 5 might be 19, 21, 37, and 20. Too young or to old. But if he really wants the best chance to win for a prolonged amount of time, he has to sign with the Rockets.

valade16
06-30-2015, 02:10 PM
He doesn't make sense here. Four of our starting 5 might be 19, 21, 37, and 20. Too young or to old. But if he really wants the best chance to win for a prolonged amount of time, he has to sign with the Rockets.

Another thing I worry about is that Lakers (or Knicks for that matter) media will slowly start to pick apart his game and he will end up becoming massively hated for his flaws.

It's not secret that he is fairly inefficient and shoots way too many mid-range jump shots, but in Portland he's somewhat insulated from the harshest criticism because of how much we support our team, regardless of their faults.

I don't get that sense from Lakers and Knicks fans at all. Not sure he wants to experience that scenario.

L8kers4life
06-30-2015, 02:32 PM
I don't get how he will play subpar basketball the rest of his career in LA. Lakers have a good young core money for max free agents for the next 3 years and a better track record of any team I the nba for competing for the championship. The Lakers have missed the playoffs like 5 times in the 60 year history, so these hopes for a long Lakers demise are vastly over exaggerated!

L8kers4life
06-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Another thing I worry about is that Lakers (or Knicks for that matter) media will slowly start to pick apart his game and he will end up becoming massively hated for his flaws.

It's not secret that he is fairly inefficient and shoots way too many mid-range jump shots, but in Portland he's somewhat insulated from the harshest criticism because of how much we support our team, regardless of their faults.

I don't get that sense from Lakers and Knicks fans at all. Not sure he wants to experience that scenario.

Yet Ron Artest and Derek Fisher and even Bynum to some extent are beloved by all Laker fans even though they have plenty of flaws and had issues in LA.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 02:59 PM

valade16
06-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Yet Ron Artest and Derek Fisher and even Bynum to some extent are beloved by all Laker fans even though they have plenty of flaws and had issues in LA.

That has not been my experience with Laker fans and Bynum and Artest/World Peace...

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-30-2015, 03:34 PM
That has not been my experience with Laker fans and Bynum and Artest/World Peace...

Bynum yes. He was a dick. World Peace is beloved by Laker fans.

phantasyyy
06-30-2015, 03:58 PM
DARKHORSE FRONT RUNNER!!!
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/29/8863495/lamarcus-aldridge-rumors-toronto-raptors

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-30-2015, 04:05 PM
LMA is going to the Spurs. I have no idea why he would want to come to LA over the Spurs.

jerryred
06-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Because la is a young talent team or go to a older spurs team with the cap going even more up next year lakers can get another max player to be honest the lakers spot looks better

valade16
06-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Because la is a young talent team or go to a older spurs team with the cap going even more up next year lakers can get another max player to be honest the lakers spot looks better

This is something people are sleeping on TBH.

Yes they have Kawhi to build a core with going forward but the rest of their team is extremely old. They have a shot at the title next year but what happens after that when Duncan, Manu and Parker retire?

Kawhi/LMA is a great combo to build around but is it really so much better than Lillard/LMA that it's worth losing the extra year and $27 Million to do?

More-Than-Most
06-30-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't get how he will play subpar basketball the rest of his career in LA. Lakers have a good young core money for max free agents for the next 3 years and a better track record of any team I the nba for competing for the championship. The Lakers have missed the playoffs like 5 times in the 60 year history, so these hopes for a long Lakers demise are vastly over exaggerated!

Pretty much this... They have Russ... They have a ton of money after this year and they are the lakers.... They will be contending again in 2 years as long as they keep most of their young guns.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 04:37 PM

Yes they have Kawhi to build a core with going forward but the rest of their team is extremely old. They have a shot at the title next year but what happens after that when Duncan, Manu and Parker retire?

Kawhi/LMA is a great combo to build around but is it really so much better than Lillard/LMA that it's worth losing the extra year and $27 Million to do?

If they can keep Green/Kawhi/LMA , that's a solid start. Once guys retire and/or FA hits, maybe they make another move or 2. I imagine the Spurs FO will put the necessary pieces to make sure they stay competitive. I mean, they have for many, many years.

The organization in SA and the way they take care of their star players can't be ignored. Not to mention helping conserve them and trying to extend their careers.

valade16
06-30-2015, 04:39 PM
If they can keep Green/Kawhi/LMA , that's a solid start. Once guys retire and/or FA hits, maybe they make another move or 2. I imagine the Spurs FO will put the necessary pieces to make sure they stay competitive. I mean, they have for many, many years.

The organization in SA and the way they take care of their star players can't be ignored. Not to mention helping conserve them and trying to extend their careers.

But again, this goes back to how likely Green is to take a discount.

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 04:47 PM
But again, this goes back to how likely Green is to take a discount.

But depending on what moves they make prior, he may not have to take much of one

Longhornfan1234
06-30-2015, 05:05 PM
But depending on what moves they make prior, he may not have to take much of one

Explain.. S&T?

kdspurman
06-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Explain.. S&T?

Last scenario gives 1 example-

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/30/8862223/san-antonio-spurs-salary-cap-lamarcus-aldridge-free-agent-rumors

There's another 1 out there but i gotta find the article. It's all a bit much lol. Tough to predict

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2015, 05:19 PM

Popovich... there is your answer to that question.

Showtime Steve
06-30-2015, 05:20 PM
At the right price I'd take green if I could sneak him away while they are focused on LA and DJ.

Stunner
06-30-2015, 05:43 PM
@sam_amick: As Lakers prepare for meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge tonight, I'm told Kobe Bryant is expected to take part. Not definite, but that's plan.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-30-2015, 06:20 PM
@sam_amick: As Lakers prepare for meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge tonight, I'm told Kobe Bryant is expected to take part. Not definite, but that's plan.

If Kobe is there, Lakers can say bye to Aldridge lol

Aust
06-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Pretty much this... They have Russ... They have a ton of money after this year and they are the lakers.... They will be contending again in 2 years as long as they keep most of their young guns.

If the young guys even pan out. They are all a ? mark right now.

Stunner
06-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Lakers better off going this route @SpearsNBAYahoo: Perhaps a small tip for LaMarcus Aldridge suitors is he loves playing alongside fellow Blazers free agent big man Robin Lopez, a source said

Cal827
06-30-2015, 08:31 PM
If Kobe is there, Lakers can say bye to Aldridge lol

Well, unless his plane is a little late :laugh2:

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Leonard will join teammates Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, and president/coach Gregg Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford at a presentation to the Blazers All-Star forward, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kawhi-leonard-agrees-to-framework-of-contract-to-remain-with-spurs-022810487.html

GeronimoSon
07-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Posted this in the LMA thread:

The Spurs are not hard capped, but, with the cap holds, they're pretty close. They'll need to clear between $ 12 and $ 14 MM in salary to be able to make LMA free agent acquisition. This assumes Portland does not "cooperate in their best interest" and do a sign and trade. It's clear, the Spurs want to keep Tiago Splitter, however, wing shooter, Danny Green, who is leaving anyway, can be a sign and trade candidate that would help the Spurs acquire LMA or LA or whatever alphabet soup defines him..

So, Brendan Haywood is traded to the Spurs who then waive him and his non-guaranteed contract. This clears the salary cap space the Spurs need to acquire Aldridge.. The return to the Cavs is a S & T of Danny Green.. if league rules/salary cap allow.. Either way, Mr Gilbert may take on the penalty of the tax to assure this trade goes forward. (again..I am not sure how the hard cap actually works and where the exact numbers are)..

With a trade like this, both teams have an a player that wasn't coming back be useful in making both teams better. Thoughts?..

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Posted this in the LMA thread:

The Spurs are not hard capped, but, with the cap holds, they're pretty close. They'll need to clear between $ 12 and $ 14 MM in salary to be able to make LMA free agent acquisition. This assumes Portland does not "cooperate in their best interest" and do a sign and trade. It's clear, the Spurs want to keep Tiago Splitter, however, wing shooter, Danny Green, who is leaving anyway, can be a sign and trade candidate that would help the Spurs acquire LMA or LA or whatever alphabet soup defines him..

So, Brendan Haywood is traded to the Spurs who then waive him and his non-guaranteed contract. This clears the salary cap space the Spurs need to acquire Aldridge.. The return to the Cavs is a S & T of Danny Green.. if league rules/salary cap allow.. Either way, Mr Gilbert may take on the penalty of the tax to assure this trade goes forward. (again..I am not sure how the hard cap actually works and where the exact numbers are)..

With a trade like this, both teams have an a player that wasn't coming back be useful in making both teams better. Thoughts?..

I don't think that is clear at all, everything I've read/seen points to Splitter likely to be dealt if LMA agrees to join. They just aren't going to deal him without a commitment for LMA.

"2. TRADE TIAGO SPLITTER WHILE TAKING NO SALARY BACK: Splitter has value as one of the league's top defensive centers, but struggled with a calf injury last year. He has two years and just under $17 million left on his deal, which is excellent value if he stays healthy, but that's a big if. He's also turning 31 next season and would become somewhat redundant if the Spurs sign Aldridge.

The issue is that San Antonio must complete this trade quickly to get Aldridge. They do not have the luxury of letting free agent centers sign and then seeking out the teams that miss on them as trade partners."

Couple diff scenarios on how they can make it happen in this article. TBH, I've seen many articles and what not, but I usually tend to trust certain writers/analysts when they explain it.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/30/8862223/san-antonio-spurs-salary-cap-lamarcus-aldridge-free-agent-rumors

vbgc
07-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Time for Portland to tank.http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gifhttp://healthlifeok.com/green/images/46.gif

cheetos185
07-01-2015, 11:06 AM
So spurs is also collecting stars now to win?

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 02:21 PM

Htownballa1622
07-01-2015, 02:23 PM

Hawks :)

You were saying? :moon:

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 03:06 PM

valade16
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM

The Spurs truly are the smartest and best organization in basketball (if not all of sports).

A core of LMA/Kawhi/Green + Pop is a good core and with Parker, Manu and TD returning they are easily the favorites with LMA to win it all.

Stunner
07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: Blazers GM Neil Olshey drafted Bledsoe for Clips. If Aldridge springs surprise & chooses Phoenix, Suns could offer Bledsoe in sign-and-trade

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-01-2015, 04:18 PM
If none of these FA's really wants to go to the Lakers... then what is the backup plan? I don't think LAL planned for this. I'm sure Lakers fans will claim that they want Durant or AD anyway... but when those guys don't come to LA then what?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-01-2015, 04:27 PM
If none of these FA's really wants to go to the Lakers... then what is the backup plan? I don't think LAL planned for this. I'm sure Lakers fans will claim that they want Durant or AD anyway... but when those guys don't come to LA then what?

Build through the draft like small market teams do.

Alayla
07-01-2015, 04:33 PM

hes extended already

InRoseWeTrust
07-01-2015, 04:40 PM
https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/616344498944151553

"LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation"

Vinny642
07-01-2015, 04:40 PM
LMA wont be heading to LA

The Lakers will not be signing LaMarcus Aldridge, according to Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times.

InRoseWeTrust
07-01-2015, 04:41 PM
More from Bresnahan:

"More LMA: He and Kobe didn't quite gel. It's a little vague, but Aldridge apparently didn't quite get answers from Kobe he was seeking.

Aldridge was floored in a good way by Houston's analytics, on-court projections in their presentation. Not so with the Lakers."

ManRam
07-01-2015, 04:42 PM
So, Kobe might have been a problem here. Continues to set the Lakers back during these waning years of his career.

Though, not nearly as bad as his front office.......

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-01-2015, 04:46 PM
So, Kobe might have been a problem here. Those jokes about Kobe taking part in FA recruiting might not even be jokes anymore. It's looking like reality. Continues to set the Lakers back during these waning years of his career.

Looks like players don't want to learn from a legend and champion. A bunch of softies

Stunner
07-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Lmaoo Kobe

MonroeFAN
07-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Hahaha

Aust
07-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Kobe's contract really killing us this offseason. Good news and bad news for the 6ers. Good news is that the Lakers are probably going to be really bad next year. Bad news is that they might be so bad they keep their pick lol.

Htownballa1622
07-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Lmao

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM
lol typical Lakers selling Hollywood more than actual basketball. So let's see that's Aldridge along with Love and Butler who didn't even bother visiting there...am I missing something here or does no one really give a **** about that organization anymore? [emoji1]

ManRam
07-01-2015, 04:57 PM

I'm dying.

Cue the: "I didn't even want him anyways".

bucketss
07-01-2015, 04:59 PM
they passed on okafor because they thought they were gonna get aldridge lol

Bron > Kobe
07-01-2015, 05:02 PM
they passed on okafor because they thought they were gonna get aldridge lol

I doubt they passed on Okafor for a 30 year old power forward. I think they feel like DR was the best talent.

SF8
07-01-2015, 05:04 PM
****** the Lakers.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-01-2015, 05:04 PM

That is rough.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I doubt they passed on Okafor for a 30 year old power forward. I think they feel like DR was the best talent.

Well IDK. Maybe they passed on Okafor because they thought Russell and Aldridge was better than Okafor and whoever the best available gaurd was in FA this year. The Lakers have been known to make decisions based on who is available in FA.

Thumper 88
07-01-2015, 05:07 PM
lol

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Kobe is becoming a problem. His ego is too big for him to take a backseat to anyone. That is what it certainly seems like to me. He is not at the point of his career where he can tell a FA like LMA to be his sidekick.

LakersIn5
07-01-2015, 05:09 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=363177

"LaMarcus Aldridge will not be signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to Mike Bresnahan. Aldridge reportedly didn't like the basketball fit in Los Angeles, and "didn't quite gel" with star Kobe Bryant, according to Bresnahan. The Lakers were Aldridge's first meeting in free agency."

So sad. hope he goes back to portland. i dont have anything else to say. Just so sad

Vinny642
07-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Kobe single handedly ruining the Lakers chances on FAs

Bron > Kobe
07-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Kobe is becoming a problem. His ego is too big for him to take a backseat to anyone. That is what it certainly seems like to me. He is not at the point of his career where he can tell a FA like LMA to be his sidekick.

I didnt take it like that at all though. It sounded to me like he was talking about on court relation. Kobe always deferred to Gasol and had nothing but respect for his game

Thumper 88
07-01-2015, 05:11 PM
in before thread merge

ManRam
07-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Chin up, kid. Don't be sad! You're a Lakers fan. It will all just magically get better eventually. Right?

beasted86
07-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Why is Kobe even in these meetings?

Sounds back yard productions...

5ass
07-01-2015, 05:15 PM

i'm dying.

Cue the: "i didn't even want him anyways".

lmao.

Gander13SM
07-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I didnt take it like that at all though. It sounded to me like he was talking about on court relation. Kobe always deferred to Gasol and had nothing but respect for his game

There's rumours he literally said "You can be my Robin"

Anyway

Spurs make the most sense now. I hope he goes to Phoenix though. Bledsoe - Knight - Morris - Aldridge - Chandler.

That's a must-watch league pass team right there.

Bron > Kobe
07-01-2015, 05:16 PM
There's rumours he literally said "You can be my Robin"

Anyway

Spurs make the most sense now. I hope he goes to Phoenix though. Bledsoe - Knight - Morris - Aldridge - Chandler.

That's a must-watch league pass team right there.
Spurs made the most sense all along

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Trouble in Lala land

L8kers4life
07-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Laker fans Need to realize we are not signing a free agent until Kobe retires

ManRam
07-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Back to reality...

Kobe isn't ruining anything. He's clearly not helping, but him speaking for a couple minutes couldn't possibly be a deal-breaker here. It's a fun narrative, but the problem is obviously way deeper. The Lakers continue to sell players on the same damn things that clearly they don't care about.

Players want to see a process and a game plan. They want to see a stable situation. They want to be able to see how they have a chance to be part of something. Big markets and spotlights are great, but if you can offer more money, you have to sell them on being part of something special.

Yes, LA is nice. Yes, lots of #rings. But those two things don't possess some magic voodoo that makes winning possible or any easier. Rings mean a lot to fans, but the distant past has no bearing on the immediate future. They won because they had great players and ownership. Right now, they have neither.

Blaming it on Kobe is the easy thing to do...but these problems are way deeper.

bucketss
07-01-2015, 05:20 PM
:dance:

LakersIn5
07-01-2015, 05:20 PM

But based on recent history teams who build through free agency and trades have won it more than teams that built through the draft. Only recent champion that basically drafted their core players is the spurs and gsw the rest built a contender through trades and fa.

2000-2002 lakers got shaq in FA
2004 pistons i dont even think they drafted any of their big 5. Maybe tayshaun but the 4 allstars werent
2006 heat got shaq and veterans. Drafted wade but majority of the team was built through fa and trades
2008 celtics traded for kg and ray
2009 2010 lakers gasol,odom,ariza trades/ fisher,mwp FA
2011 mavs only dirk was drafted by the mavs
2012 2013 heat got lbj and bosh in fa

THE MTL
07-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Lmao @Kobe. I'm done.

FraziersKnicks
07-01-2015, 05:22 PM
I call BS... When has a star player not wanted to play with Kobe?!

Oh wait.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 05:27 PM
LMA "floored in a good way" by Morey and the Rockets' analytics.

This ain't your daddy's NBA. History doesn't trump a clear plan and a better basketball situation.

The telling thing is that Lakers execs thought their meeting with LMA went well. They haven't quite gotten it yet...

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
wrong thread

L8kers4life
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
And it is more than just Kobe, ownership is a joke right now. Who tries to sell a dude from Texas (ALDRIDGE ) the Hollywood dream, freaking idiot front office. I can't believe these idiots didn't even meet with Chadler.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Colby Brian

lakerboy
It's OK. I'm not even sad. I'm just really excited to see Russell to Randle pick and roll situations. I'd be super devastated if we didn't get the pick, but now I'm meh.

Lots of Lakers fans angry though. Fuming.

kdspurman

GunFactor187
07-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Way too easy to pin this all on Kobe, it's all on the organization for not being able to bridge gap between the free agents' needs and wants and what they themselves can provide. The lack of Jerry Buss touch on the team is really hindering the Lakers.

lamzoka
07-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Lakers made the same mistake Knicks made with LeBron back in 2010. They tried to sell him the city instead of basketball. And I heard he also didn't get the answers he wanted from Kobe.

So far in the past 3 years, Lakers have been turn down by Dwight, Melo and L.A

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 05:35 PM
The Spurs truly are the smartest and best organization in basketball (if not all of sports).

A core of LMA/Kawhi/Green + Pop is a good core and with Parker, Manu and TD returning they are easily the favorites with LMA to win it all.

Hopefully... Could very well return to Portland.

ManRam
07-01-2015, 05:39 PM
kd, maybe merge all these LMA threads? I can't keep track!

Not surprised that SAS and (to a lesser extent, clearly) Houston are leaving a far more positive impression on FAs than teams like the Lakers. A plan and a path to win is the trump card when the $$$ are all the same.

_Supreme_
07-01-2015, 05:40 PM
:laugh:

The Lakers are like Italy thinking it still is the Roman Empire.

Next we will hear about Kobe wanting his horse appointed as an assistant coach :D

kdspurman
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
kd, maybe merge all these LMA threads? I can't keep track!

Not surprised that SAS and (to a lesser extent, clearly) Houston are leaving a far more positive impression on FAs than teams like the Lakers. A plan and a path to win is the trump card when the $$$ are all the same.

Good call :)

LA_Raiders
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Lol, we kind of new that. suck it LMA