PDA

View Full Version : What if the Cavs Sign Wade/Another Piece Instead of Love?

RateSports
06-25-2015, 03:00 PM
I am confused as to why this is not being brought up as a possibility.

We all know that LeBron holds all of the cards in Cleveland and that he is not exactly fond of Kevin Love.

What if the Cavaliers pay for Wade instead (at a discount) and get another quality veteran piece?

PG - Kyrie / Mo Williams
SG - Wade / JR
SF - LeBron / Shump
PF - Tristan / Free Agent
C - Mozgov / Varejao

They could almost assemble a better team this way.

Muttman73
06-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit, LBJ is a big *****, the best player in the NBA yet he has to be surrounded by All Stars to win. 2-4 in the finals, speaks for itself,

Wade n Fade
06-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Not enough cap space probably since Cavs have bird rights to both Thompson and Love. Mozgov, Wade, a Lebron, Jr Smith, Love, and Thompson want to get paid. Never going to happen. The Cavs are going to have to get love back because they traded so much to get him.

Aust
06-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Why would Wade come at a discount when he wants big money from Miami? I doubt he would be happy with his role there anyways.

sportsfanatic99
06-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit, LBJ is a big *****, the best player in the NBA yet he has to be surrounded by All Stars to win. 2-4 in the finals, speaks for itself,

I would like to be surrounded by all-stars too - and if players agree to come play with me - even better =D

don't be a dick lol

Ty Fast
06-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Cavs have no cap space even if Love walks. I don't see Wade signing for the MLE.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Wade isn't taking a discount to play for Cavs. He already said he isn't for Miami. So don't see it. He be asking for near big max. So Cavs have to do this before signing Love or Thompson. I think Love walks. He didn't look happy at all with Cavs most of the year. Looked very moody and depressed. Probably figured it was just a quick pit-stop then he decides where he wants to go in the offseason. I see him going to Lakers or Blazers. Maybe Blazers first if Aldridge walks.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit, LBJ is a big *****, the best player in the NBA yet he has to be surrounded by All Stars to win. 2-4 in the finals, speaks for itself,zinggggggg

Clint Olbrock
06-25-2015, 03:34 PM
I am confused as to why this is not being brought up as a possibility.

We all know that LeBron holds all of the cards in Cleveland and that he is not exactly fond of Kevin Love.

What if the Cavaliers pay for Wade instead (at a discount) and get another quality veteran piece?

PG - Kyrie / Mo Williams
SG - Wade / JR
SF - LeBron / Shump
PF - Tristan / Free Agent
C - Mozgov / Varejao

They could almost assemble a better team this way.

Because that's not how the cap works lol

It's either Love or no one, Cavs have so many cap holds and guaranteed money against their cap. They have zero cap space, hence why the GM wants to retain all our pieces because even though we're over the cap we can still sign our own players.

If Wade comes to CLE it'll be for our $3.4 million tax payers MLE, otherwise he doesn't come.

TylerSL
06-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Wade isn't opting out of $16 million from Miami to sign for $3 million in Cleveland. Wade's gonna work it out with Miami. In the summer of 2014, Lebron/Wade/Bosh all opted out of 2 years, $42 million. Lebron went to Cleveland and Bosh signed a 5 year max, but Wade signed for 2 years, $31 million, $11 million less than he opted out of. He didn't care to do that as long as the team was winning. However Miami didn't win anything last year so Wade's stance is "I'm not going to take less and not win at the same time". Which is why he's opting out. He wants his $11 million back plus some security.

He feels he's owed the security after taking less two times (in 2010 and again in 2014). Miami wants the flexibility to be able to add a max contract to Dragic/Wade/Bosh/Whiteside in 2016 when the cap increases 32.6%. In the end I think Wade will get another 2 year deal with an option for the 2nd year, but he will also get some of that $11 million back. Wade was originally owed $42 million and he made $15 million this past season. That means he is still owed $27 million of that original $42 million. He is also currently signed on for $16 million, and he is worth at least that much. So Miami really owes Wade, at least from his perspective, $43 million (27+16). I think Miami and Wade will settle with something like 2 years, $36 million where he makes $18 million both years. That gives Wade a $2 million raise next season and allow him to see all of that original $42 million he opted out of. It also allows Miami flexibility even if they have to move some money around between this offseason and 2016.

Again, Wade's not opting out of $16 million to sign with Cleveland for $3 million. If Wade was ever going to Cleveland it would have to be for at least $16 million and the only way Cleveland can get the cap for that is if everyone but Lebron walks. That means Love, Thompson, Mozgov, and Smith. Can anyone really see that happening?

Kyrie/Williams/Dellevadova
Wade/Shump/fill
Lebron/Miller/Jones
fill/fill/fill
Varejao/fill/fill

Not happening.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Only player I heard that wanted to sign with Cleveland this summer so far was Mo Williams.

TrueFan420
06-25-2015, 03:59 PM

I could be wrong but I think he's actually 2-6 in the finals

TylerSL
06-25-2015, 04:05 PM
I could be wrong but I think he's actually 2-6 in the finals

2-4 is 2 wins, 4 losses, which is what he is.

TrueFan420
06-25-2015, 04:09 PM
2-4 is 2 wins, 4 losses, which is what he is.

Normally I see it written as wins out of how many they've participated in. But whatever semantics.

TylerSL
06-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Normally I see it written as wins out of how many they've participated in. But whatever semantics.

I guess putting a 6 next to the 2 makes it look worse, which may be the goal, but when stating a record it goes wins-losses. For example, Miami went 37-45 this season, not 37-82.

Muttman73
06-25-2015, 04:46 PM
2-4, almost 1-5 but we all know, especially in San Antonio how that went down.

Vee-Rex
06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
2-6 is not semantics.

If you want to indicate win/loss ratio, you say 2-4.

If you want to indicate how many wins in his total amount of finals appearance, you say 2/6.

/pet peeve

Anyway, to answer the OP, the Cavs don't have the cap to sign someone above the MLE even if Love doesn't return. We have Love's Bird Rights so we can extend him above our cap. If he walks, we don't suddenly have 16 million free in cap space.

cheetos185
06-25-2015, 05:16 PM
What if LeBron had insert.......... his name here player. But he would still lose in finals lol.

sportsfanatic99
06-25-2015, 05:17 PM
2-4, almost 1-5 but we all know, especially in San Antonio how that went down.

well he's not better than Jordan thats for sure. Thats the ONLY thing we know.

WaDe03
06-25-2015, 06:34 PM
LeBron will try to do what he can. He has to have Wade on his team to win a championship.