PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lakers Moving Up on Aldridge's List

Bron > Kobe
06-25-2015, 01:12 AM
If they can get the sixth via this trade, I'd give up all the pieces the kings are asking for and sign LA. Draft winslow
Pg
Kobe
Winslow
LA
Cousins

Report: Lakers Moving Up on Aldridge's List (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/613931976182132736

GREATNESS ONE
06-25-2015, 01:13 AM
I would take him.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2015, 01:16 AM
I wonder if this is contingent on us getting Cousins. If so, that makes the Cousins deal look much better.

GREATNESS ONE
06-25-2015, 01:19 AM
I wonder if this is contingent on us getting Cousins. If so, that makes the Cousins deal look much better.

Cousins, LMA, Kobe < Okafor, LMA, Randle, Clarkson.

PraiseJesus
06-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Pg- Russell
SG- Kobe/Clarkson
SF- Jimmy Butler
PF- Randle
C- Aldridge

I know LA is a PF usually but I would play him at C

The inside/Outside game fo Russell and Aldridge would be deadly

rJeezy
06-25-2015, 01:23 AM
Pg- Russell
SG- Kobe/Clarkson
SF- Jimmy Butler
PF- Randle
C- Aldridge

Aldridge is on the soft side, can't really play C and bang inside while Randle plays away from the basket.

Jarvo
06-25-2015, 01:29 AM
****! I want him on The Spurs damnit!

rJeezy
06-25-2015, 01:31 AM

Do they even have the money to pay him?

Jarvo
06-25-2015, 02:07 AM
Do they even have the money to pay him?

Yeah but we would have to say bye to Green and others and trade Tiago.

Jarvo
06-25-2015, 02:09 AM
Pg- Russell
SG- Kobe/Clarkson
SF- Jimmy Butler
PF- Randle
C- Aldridge

LMA at Center is a terrible idea lol just have him and Okafor, I just don't see the hype for Russell like others. If Lakers moved down then get Winslow you guys won't be disappointed!

KMackSackAttack
06-25-2015, 02:13 AM
Yeah but we would have to say bye to Green and others and trade Tiago.

Don't u have to pay the big three as well also though what about Leonard? How can the Spurs realistically get aldridge

Jarvo
06-25-2015, 02:38 AM
Don't u have to pay the big three as well also though what about Leonard? How can the Spurs realistically get aldridge

Duncan and Manu been taking pay cuts for years and we can give Leonard the max but the only thing is some of are core guys will be gone like Green and we would have to trade Splitter.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/5/8/8574309/heres-how-the-spurs-can-sign-lamarcus-aldridge-while-also-bringing It's explained all there

More-Than-Most
06-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Man... that is a quick way to rebuild... grabbing the best player in the draft in Russell and then grabbing a 20-10 guy in LA

Russell
Kobe/Clarkson
Randal
LA
Butler

would be pretty sick and the future would look bright... I dont think this team would be a top 3 seed in the west but they could def make the playoffs and would instantly grab a durants attention come next year when Kobe leaves

bluefire7002
06-25-2015, 04:40 AM
Man... that is a quick way to rebuild... grabbing the best player in the draft in Russell and then grabbing a 20-10 guy in LA

Russell
Kobe/Clarkson
Randal
LA
Butler

would be pretty sick and the future would look bright... I dont think this team would be a top 3 seed in the west but they could def make the playoffs and would instantly grab a durants attention come next year when Kobe leaves

Can't afford butler and LMA

RubberBand Man
06-25-2015, 04:59 AM
Him, okafor, and Dragic would be great for us

JNA17
06-25-2015, 05:28 AM
LMA at Center is a terrible idea lol just have him and Okafor, I just don't see the hype for Russell like others. If Lakers moved down then get Winslow you guys won't be disappointed!

PJ won't be a Laker fan anymore after draft day. His love for Russell has consumed him to no end even though it's been obvious since the lottery that we're drafting Okafor. :laugh2:

numba1CHANGsta
06-25-2015, 05:31 AM
Lets just wait to see what happens later today folks :D

PhillyFaninLA
06-25-2015, 06:38 AM
I've said it before...the top 3 picks (barring trades) should be Towns, Okafer, Russell in that order....it is the rare situation where each team gets the best player for them, and each player goes to a team that can use them the best.

NYSpirit1
06-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Pg- Russell
SG- Kobe/Clarkson
SF- Jimmy Butler
PF- Randle
C- Aldridge

Are you smoking weed? In what world do the Lakers have cap for this? If they signed Aldridge, that's it, they won't even be able to sign a supporting piece. They have Kobe's enormous contract and a bunch of others.

NYSpirit1
06-25-2015, 07:03 AM
After looking into it more, the Lakers will have about $22 million in cap room after signing their picks.

If they trade for Cousins, they'll have way less and won't be able to max Aldridge or Love.

So if Aldridge signed, they'd be able to sign one more free agent for like $3 mil.

Okafor, Aldridge, Kobe, Randle, Clarkson and garbage, yeah that team is winning 35 games in the rugged West. The eye sore is Kobe isn't good anymore and he makes 25 mil.

bluefire7002
06-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Are you smoking weed? In what world do the Lakers have cap for this? If they signed Aldridge, that's it, they won't even be able to sign a supporting piece. They have Kobe's enormous contract and a bunch of others.

declining Hills option should give em more room actually.

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 09:58 AM
Fuuuucccckkkkk! I want him on The Spurs damnit!

We're still #1 on his list according to Stein, and still have the Texas connection. Even if he takes less initially, can't he get more $ once the new TV deal comes into play?

Tony_Starks
06-25-2015, 10:04 AM
I'd get Russell then sign LA. Then my friends it will be officially on and poppin!

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 10:16 AM
The free-agent plan for the Spurs is to quickly agree on a five-year max deal with Leonard – “It will be a short conversation,” one person with knowledge of the dynamics said – and empower Leonard to join Duncan in an all-out recruitment of All-Star free agent LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told CBSSports.com... Aldridge, 29, will strongly consider doing a two-year deal with a player option for '16-'17 that would get him back to the market in a position to make tens of millions more at the new max. Even in the Spurs' dream scenario – Duncan and Leonard come back and successfully recruit Aldridge – they will have a hard time retaining free agent Danny Green, who is expected to command $10-$12 million on the open market – which, in 2016, will look like a bargain.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/25189492/playoff-buzz-spurs-aim-to-bring-back-duncan-leonard-and-go-after-aldridge

valade16
06-25-2015, 10:21 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/25189492/playoff-buzz-spurs-aim-to-bring-back-duncan-leonard-and-go-after-aldridge

If LMA leaves I would so much rather see him go to the Spurs than Lakers. That being said, the thing I wish the most if LMA leaves is we get a replacement like Love.

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 10:56 AM
If LMA leaves I would so much rather see him go to the Spurs than Lakers. That being said, the thing I wish the most if LMA leaves is we get a replacement like Love.

Ha. I hope so too naturally. I just saw this re: him going to Lakers

But yea, Love would be a nice replacement for sure. I hear Vonleh has some upside though, how do you feel about him?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Batum traded. Then if Aldridge walks. Blazers would nose dive then. Matthews coming off of a injury. Lilliard asking for max extension.

jerellh528
06-25-2015, 11:02 AM

Yea, I hope he goes to the Spurs as well

valade16
06-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Ha. I hope so too naturally. I just saw this re: him going to Lakers

But yea, Love would be a nice replacement for sure. I hear Vonleh has some upside though, how do you feel about him?

I suppose he has some upside but I'm neutral on him at the moment having never really seen him play. I didn't have any preconceived notions he would develop into a good player prior to him being traded to Portland so I'm not all of a sudden going to say I see tons of potential in him lol.

The Blazers have a ton of cap space, enough to offer 2 max deals. If LMA is indeed gone the best case scenario is sign Love + Another max-level FA. The problem is I don't know any other max level FA that would seriously give Portland a look or at least isn't restricted.

Obviously, the dream scenario would be Love + Gasol.

Lilllard - Love - Gasol with a combination of Henderson/Afflalo/McCollum/Matthews (whichever ones we sign thereafter) would be an actual improvement from last year's team.

More realistically is a mass exodus of FAs with none coming in and we have to blow it up and rebuild around Lillard/McCollum/Leonard, which would be painful to say the least.

Tg11
06-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Lakers I don't think will get Aldridge but I could be wrong for all I know but Lakers they would have to give up a lot to get Aldridge so

limebalz05
06-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Batum traded. Then if Aldridge walks. Blazers would nose dive then. Matthews coming off of a injury. Lilliard asking for max extension.

The Blazers with the Batum trade have only 21.5 million committed for 2015.

Blazers I heard would offer the max extension in July. That extension wouldn't reflect the 2015-16 4.2 million base salary.

limebalz05
06-25-2015, 11:41 AM
A big man hitting the age of 30 is never a great sign especially when he is about to sign a max contract. LMA already settles for the contested "J" compared to banging down low. It's only going to increase as he gets older and doesn't create the elevation that he once had.

His outside game has improved over the years and he will rely on that as his career is extended.

This is officially Lillards team. It's a guards league and I feel this team can now build around Lillards strengths.

Tg11
06-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Yes the Blazers would be Lillard's team but I don't think Aldridge ends up in L.A., I think Aldridge ends up in San Antonio

KobeOwnSU
06-25-2015, 11:53 AM
I don't want Aldridge. The Lakers aren't ready to compete yet and a 30 year old PF tieing up cap space doesn't sound good to me.

Tg11
06-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Aldridge needs to go to San Antonio simply put because Tim Duncan isn't getting any younger and they need to replace him

Aust
06-25-2015, 12:31 PM
He'll be 30 by the time the season starts. Lakers won't be good for at least a few more years depending on what they do. Would prefer us signing someone younger.

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 12:45 PM
I suppose he has some upside but I'm neutral on him at the moment having never really seen him play. I didn't have any preconceived notions he would develop into a good player prior to him being traded to Portland so I'm not all of a sudden going to say I see tons of potential in him lol.

The Blazers have a ton of cap space, enough to offer 2 max deals. If LMA is indeed gone the best case scenario is sign Love + Another max-level FA. The problem is I don't know any other max level FA that would seriously give Portland a look or at least isn't restricted.

Obviously, the dream scenario would be Love + Gasol.

Lilllard - Love - Gasol with a combination of Henderson/Afflalo/McCollum/Matthews (whichever ones we sign thereafter) would be an actual improvement from last year's team.

More realistically is a mass exodus of FAs with none coming in and we have to blow it up and rebuild around Lillard/McCollum/Leonard, which would be painful to say the least.

Yea... It's tough to try and guess what happens lol. but after all of this, LMA could end up staying I guess.

I haven't seen Vonleh play much either, only read he has upside, though guys have had upsides before and never hit that potential.

Jarvo
06-25-2015, 12:48 PM
We're still #1 on his list according to Stein, and still have the Texas connection. Even if he takes less initially, can't he get more $ once the new TV deal comes into play?

I believe so, Have to read up on that more.

KobeOwnSU
06-25-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't want Aldridge. The Lakers aren't ready to compete yet and a 30 year old PF tieing up cap space doesn't sound good to me.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-25-2015, 01:13 PM
:dance:

Can't keep the lakers down for very long.

Jamiecballer
06-25-2015, 01:28 PM
whoever signs Aldridge is going to be in for a serious disappointment. he's a great player but in the Melo moulde. ultimately not a winner.

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 04:20 PM

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2015, 04:25 PM

Agreed. Commit to the youth movement then pick up some veterans for leadership/experience later when we are closer to contending.

NFLNBA
06-25-2015, 04:34 PM
How Does San Antonio have max money?? I don't see the Spurs offering a Max deal. If Lakers do offer max then we will see LA in LA

Bruno
06-25-2015, 04:35 PM
am I the only Laker fan not interested in developing an old front line that will be mediocre on defense? Stay young, develop the assets, no max deals for anyone over 28.

Silent
06-25-2015, 04:36 PM

that's where he will land

Muttman73
06-25-2015, 04:47 PM
LMA on the Spurs would be fantastic

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 04:50 PM
How Does San Antonio have max money?? I don't see the Spurs offering a Max deal. If Lakers do offer max then we will see LA in LA

They have to likely trade Splitter and work some magic, but it can be done

Jenceman
06-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Why sign a 30 year old PF? Would rather spend that money on a Butler or Gasol.

Bruno
06-25-2015, 06:12 PM
I don't know about paying a 33 year old LA 20+ million in a few years. Let him go somewhere else, imo.

Lakers + Giants
06-25-2015, 06:13 PM

Gasol is 30. I don't want LA, I'd rather have Love tbh.

Jenceman
06-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Where the hell has the time gone, I thought he was 28

rJeezy
06-25-2015, 06:19 PM
if DMC is traded to the Lakers, there's probably a higher chance of LMA following. If not, then he's most likely Spurs bound.

ThePlayoffs
06-25-2015, 06:21 PM

I don't see Timmy and Aldridge playing together.

WaDe03
06-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Why do people keep listing Jimmy Butler as someone they want to sign? It won't happen he's a restricted free agent and the Bulls are going to match every offer.

kdspurman
06-25-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't see Timmy and Aldridge playing together.

i do.. they have great respect for eachother and aldridge has worked out with him and gotten advice from him many times

Tg11
06-25-2015, 09:01 PM
I can't see Aldridge and Cousins both going to the Lakers if anything their best bet would be getting one of them at least especially now that they have drafted Russell

Avenged
06-25-2015, 09:10 PM

Eww

LA_Raiders
06-25-2015, 09:20 PM
LA, Gasol or Love will be a good addition.