PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith opts out

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 04:41 PM
@ShamsCharania Cavs' J.R. Smith has opted out of $6 million-plus deal for 2015-16 to become a free agent, sources say. Mutual interest in return.

NYKnickFanatic
06-24-2015, 04:48 PM
He said he was opting out right after the Finals.

If the Cavs get Young, would be interesting to see where Smith ends up.

Jetsguy
06-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Maybe Dallas will be interested now that Ellis is out?

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Maybe Dallas will be interested now that Ellis is out?

It's a possibility for sure.

SportsFanatic10
06-24-2015, 05:33 PM
It's ok right OP? You guys are going to sign Wade for the 3.4m tax payers exception anyways right? LOL

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:37 PM
It's ok right OP? You guys are going to sign Wade for the 3.4m tax payers exception anyways right? LOL

NBA Updates Ⓜ️ ‏@MySportsRumor 15m15 minutes ago
If Wade leaves Miami, the 2 most-likely destinations would be the Cavs or Lakers! (CBS)

The odds are there my troll friend, the odds are there.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2015, 05:39 PM
If Wade leaves Miami, the 2 most-likely destinations would be the Cavs or Lakers! (CBS)

He's the troll now? Not the one baiting Heat fans in their own forum spreading this nonsense?

Wade is not playing for Cleveland for 3 million. Get over it.

SportsFanatic10
06-24-2015, 05:43 PM

He wouldn't sign for the mini MLE like you seem to think, the Cavs would have to clear space. Prob have to part with Love and maybe Thompson or Smith too to make it work. But he's still not likely to leave Miami regardless.

And troll friend? Coming from the dude who trolls the Heat forum non stop with absolute rubbish?

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:47 PM
He's the troll now? Not the one baiting Heat fans in their own forum spreading this nonsense?

Wade is not playing for Cleveland for 3 million. Get over it.

And when he does? What do I get?

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2015, 05:59 PM

You get a nice slap to the face so you can wake up from your dream.

Darc Mind
06-24-2015, 06:18 PM

Damn....

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 06:19 PM

Guess we'll say a beer at the Q will suffice.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Guess we'll say a beer at the Q will suffice.

I'll die before i ever step foot in Cleveland.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 06:22 PM
I'll die before i ever step foot in Cleveland.

Fair enough, we'll have a beer at Rupp and call it even.

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2015, 07:04 PM
What an idiot

Minimal
06-24-2015, 07:13 PM
About DWade. Remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CqRfg79nxM
Now watching this video it all gets fishy.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 07:16 PM
about dwade. Remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cqrfg79nxm
now watching this video it all gets fishy.

thank you!

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 07:47 PM
I think Wade and Bron just love being together. I can see Wade on the Cavs next year for a sweet deal. He'd probably take less money than Miami is offering. I think winning more rings with Bron was so much more fun than what he went through this year, and add to that Pat low balling him and disrespecting him after he took pay cut after pay cut to help the team...

The Heat owed that man a nice sweet heart deal to end his career. Im usually not about that, but seeing what Kobe got having never taken a pay cut, and seeing all the pay cuts and re structures he's done to help the team...it just puts a bad taste in my mouth and shows the difference between the Lakers and Heat.

The Lakers were fine with not competing and showing thanks to a guy who has contributed greatly to making that franchise more valuable for the last 15 years. Miami doesn't seem to have the foresight. Winning is to new to them...unlike the Lakers who know they will be back and aren't worried...the Heat are gripping to stay relevant at the cost of relationships.

TylerSL
06-24-2015, 07:52 PM
I don't understand why everyone is wanting new deals this summer. The cap is set to explode in one year and players could get decent raises at less value next summer than what they are making now, or even can make in this market. For example J.R. Smith opts out of $6 million this summer and he can maybe get something like 3 years at around $24 million or so. That's a nice contract, especially for him, however he could take $6 million next year to stay in Cleveland with Lebron James and try to get back and win a championship. Then when the cap increases by 32.6% next year, his value at 3 years $24 million would be 3 years $32 million. And if Smith actually increases his value next season he could see an even larger contract.

I get someone like David West, who is 34 years old, wanting to opt out now because he'll be 35 and nobody will give a 35 year old role player a lucrative contract. But guys like J.R. Smith, Kevin Love, Luol Deng, Roy Hibbert, Monta Ellis, Timofey Mozgov, Thaddeous Young, Eric Gordan, and Al Jefferson should not be opting out. These are guys who will see minimal increases in salary by opting out but would be in line for more money at less value in one year when they can become free agents if they just opt in for one more year. It's crazy to me.