PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft Predictions

Wade n Fade
06-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Predict your top 10 picks. Who booms and who busts?

1. Towns, T-Wolves
2. Okafor, LAL
3. Russell, 76ers
4. Porzingas, Knicks
5. Winslow, Magic
6. Mudiaye, Kings
7. Hezonja, Nuggets
8. Dekerr, Pistons
9. Booker, Hornets
10. Heat, Johnson

I think Porzingas will bust because I think he's an overhyped and overdrafted big.

Mudi is one of the few surest players in the draft I think. Sac will get an all star caliber PG at 6.

I think Winslow is the most intriguing prospect because he has such great athlecism and plays good D. His jump shot isn't that good.

Wade n Fade
06-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Bump.

mgomrjsurf
06-24-2015, 11:28 PM
They will be lots of Trades in top ten.

Cal827
06-25-2015, 12:10 AM
I predict Cousins being dealt tomorrow.

Also, I can see the Knicks trying to buy another pick.

mgomrjsurf
06-25-2015, 12:36 AM
Lawson and other Nuggerts,Gibson moved to.

Aust
06-25-2015, 12:36 AM
Let's make things interesting: Wolves trade Rubio and draft Russel #1

mgomrjsurf
06-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Stein will some how end up in OKC close to where he went to school Olathe Northeast High School.
Cousins will end up on Magic.
Somebody will fall in Draft.
At the last minute all available Draftdess will be in Green room and NBATV will show it live to with it's own crew.
A Blockbuster Trade will shake up top of Draft meaning who ever isn't picked one will fall down a couple of spots.
Somebody will be Drafted in top 10 that should have been drafted after like 15.

PhillyFaninLA
06-25-2015, 08:54 AM
I like that I'm reading that we are it talks to acquire 23. If I can wake up tomorrow morning and we have Russell and Anderson (or a player like him) it was a good night for us.

I don't think its impossible we end up with 2 more first rounders and end up with the 3rd, 23rd, and 26 (some where around there) and end up with Vaughn or Wright (heck maybe Grant, Jones, Dubre, or if a miracle happens Hunter, but that one probably isn't realistic) as well. This make take all of our second rounders this year and maybe OKC's first rounder next year but it would be well worth it.

I genuinely believe this could actually happen.

That means we could go into free agency with a healthy starting 4 of:

Russell
Vaugh or Wright
Anderson
Noel

This allows us to play Sims and be more patient with Embiid and Saric and with a nice bench of guys like Grant, Wroten (he could be fanastic on the bench) and several other nice bench pieces we already have and we have the foundation of something that could be great in a few years.

Wade n Fade
06-25-2015, 09:33 AM
I like that I'm reading that we are it talks to acquire 23. If I can wake up tomorrow morning and we have Russell and Anderson (or a player like him) it was a good night for us.

I don't think its impossible we end up with 2 more first rounders and end up with the 3rd, 23rd, and 26 (some where around there) and end up with Vaughn or Wright (heck maybe Grant, Jones, Dubre, or if a miracle happens Hunter, but that one probably isn't realistic) as well. This make take all of our second rounders this year and maybe OKC's first rounder next year but it would be well worth it.

I genuinely believe this could actually happen.

That means we could go into free agency with a healthy starting 4 of:

Russell
Vaugh or Wright
Anderson
Noel

This allows us to play Sims and be more patient with Embiid and Saric and with a nice bench of guys like Grant, Wroten (he could be fanastic on the bench) and several other nice bench pieces we already have and we have the foundation of something that could be great in a few years.

What about the rumors of Russell not wanting to play for the 76ers? Would you guys take Porzingas to go with Noel now that Embiid is still hurt?

2-ONE-5
06-25-2015, 09:50 AM
there have been more reports about those Russ rumors not being true and he has now said twice that they are in fact not true. Embiid isnt really still hurt he just isnt 100% recovered, seems like hes about 85% and just needs some more rest but regardless the Embiid situation never had any impact on our stance, Russell all the way but if he goes 2 roll with Okafor at BPA.

PhillyFaninLA
06-25-2015, 01:36 PM
What about the rumors of Russell not wanting to play for the 76ers? Would you guys take Porzingas to go with Noel now that Embiid is still hurt?

It was never true that he said that. He actually came out recently and publically denied it.

TylerSL
06-25-2015, 03:14 PM
1. Minnesota Timberwolves-Karl-Anthony Towns
He's the obvious pick and it would be an utter shock if any other name was mentioned.

2. Los Angeles Lakers-D'Angelo Russell
This is more of a what I believe they should do prediction. I believe Russell is the better player and the Lakers should have an easier time finding help in the post in free agency than at the point. Jahlil is special offensive player, but D'Angelo Russell, at least in my opinion, is more.

3. Philadelphia 76ers-Jahlil Okafor
Don't think for a second that Okafor will actually play in Philly, rather Okafor's draft rights will be traded. I couldn't even begin to guess who would end up with Okafor because if the Lakers do take Russell it would start an avalanche of moves and this draft night will be insane. If the Lakers take Russell, Philly flips Okafor at #3 and the NBA will be a much different league by the end of the night.

4. New York Knicks-Kristaps Porzingis
With Okafor and Russell off the board, I believe New York will look to trade this pick. However I don't believe they will end up doing so because they wont receive an offer they love, especially when they can make a selection. With that, Kaminsky and Trey Lyles are not an option at #4 so this pick is really between Mudiay and Porzingis. Both will have to develop, but I see the Knicks going Porzingis because he would fit better in the triangle. Porzingis has impressed everybody with his shooting ability and Mudiay has startled people at his lack of shooting ability.

5. Orlando Magic-Justice Winslow
I don't know whose pick this will be, but I believe Winslow will be the pick. With Porzingis off the board I believe Orlando will trade out and again, I couldn't guess who would be moving up(Boston?)

6. Sacramento Kings-Emmanuel Mudiay
This is a George Karl pick more than anything else and Mudiay will run that new offense.

7. Denver Nuggets-Mario Hezonja
Based on who's left on the board I can't see anyone else being this pick, even if Denver trades out. Assuming it's Denver who makes this selection Hezonja would become the face of the franchise.

8. Detroit Pisonts-Stanley Johnson
As much as I want Miami to get him, if Detroit doesn't trade out they'll take Johnson. Personally, I'm hoping they take Dekker or actually trade out and this pick is Kaminsky. My thinking however, is that Detroit will keep the selection because they are in line for one of the three big wing players (Winslow, Hezonja, Johnson) in this class.

9. Charlotte Hornets-Frank Kaminsky
With Batum and Jeremy Lamb acquired in trades yesterday, the Hornets obtained some scoring on the perimeter. Now they take a stretch four who can score from anywhere and be the starting PF on opening night. If the first 8 selections go the way I've predicted, this pick would be an easy prediction.

10. Miami Heat-Willie Cauley-Stein
Like the Laker pick, this is more of a what I would like to see prediction. If Stanley Johnson is off the board I say Miami should grab the best defensive player in the draft. I understand, and have even made the case, how weak we are on the perimeter right now but Cauley-Stein is a special player. His ankle is a non issue and while he may not give you much offensively, this guy has the potential to be an all time great defender. He can guard all positions and is a crazy athlete. I know we've already got Whiteside, Bosh, Birdman, McRoberts, and Haslem at the PF/C positions, but if the first 9 picks go the way I said they will, Cauley-Stein is too good pass up. As a Heat fan I would be absolutely ecstatic if we walked out of this draft with Stanley Johnson or Willie Cauley-Stein, I just hope we don't trade this pick. Injuries killed our season and we kept the damn pick in the lottery, let's not be bone headed and trade it now.........

IndyRealist
06-25-2015, 03:36 PM
The only real prediction I have is that WCS will not drop past 11. The Pacers will take him if he falls that far.

2-ONE-5
06-25-2015, 04:02 PM
weird bcuz im hearing Stein could fall to tail end of lotto now and Pacers lost interest

IndyRealist
06-25-2015, 05:22 PM
weird bcuz im hearing Stein could fall to tail end of lotto now and Pacers lost interest

People are scared of his previous injury. The Pacers took Danny Granger because he fell due to injury. Larry Bird told WCS that he thought he was a $100M player.

mgomrjsurf
06-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Smart will be moved.
Karl will not get fired tonight.
Luke R. will be Traded again.
A Blockbuster will happen.

ManRam
06-25-2015, 06:09 PM
I see most interpreted you OP as "predict what happens tonight" not "predict how good these guys will be". I gathered that you were asking for the latter.

I was gonna breakdown concensus lottery picks but that was taking too much time.

Players I like more than others:

Russell: has the best career of the bunch
Mudiay: polarizing career early on, eventually wins people over...potentially a "late bloomer" who finds his way into many ASGs
Porzingis: develops into that HIGHLY coveted and super-rare stretch-4 who can rim protect
Lyles: evolves into a better defender than anticipated which bumps him up to a level above his Boozer comps
WCS: seeing him fall out of the lottery...he shouldn't. defensive star, period.
Jarell Martin: slowly finds some range...gradually becomes a contributing starter
Jordan Mickey: his lack of size is something he overcomes perfectly fine
Joseph Young: his shot makes him a coveted 6th/7th man for a long time
Brandon Ashley: has a solid career, bulks up enough to be a contributing stretch 4.

Players I don't like as much as others:

Towns: I love Towns, and think he's bust-proof...I just don't think he's a 10x AS or ever approaches anything close to MVP levels like Russell will
Winslow: far more Wilson Chandler than James Harden (draftnet.com's comps)
Myles Turner: never is able to move around well-enough to amount to much
Tyus Jones: out of the league in 3-4 years
Rozier: out of the league in 3-4 years
RJ Hunter: out of the league in 3-4 years

Top-10 Picks:
1. KAT
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Winslow
5. Porzingis
6. Hezonja
7. Mudiay
8. Lyles
9. Kaminsky
10. Booker

ThePlayoffs
06-25-2015, 06:15 PM
I think Celtics try to trade for that #3 if the lakers pick up Russel

Wade n Fade
06-25-2015, 06:17 PM
I see most interpreted you OP as "predict what happens tonight" not "predict how good these guys will be". I gathered that you were asking for the latter.

I was gonna breakdown concensus lottery picks but that was taking too much time.

Players I like more than others:

Russell: has the best career of the bunch
Mudiay: polarizing career early on, eventually wins people over...potentially a "late bloomer" who finds his way into many ASGs
Porzingis: develops into that HIGHLY coveted and super-rare stretch-4 who can rim protect
Lyles: evolves into a better defender than anticipated which bumps him up to a level above his Boozer comps
WCS: seeing him fall out of the lottery...he shouldn't. defensive star, period.
Jarell Martin: slowly finds some range...gradually becomes a contributing starter
Jordan Mickey: his lack of size is something he overcomes perfectly fine
Joseph Young: his shot makes him a coveted 6th/7th man for a long time
Brandon Ashley: has a solid career, bulks up enough to be a contributing stretch 4.

Players I don't like as much as others:

Towns: I love Towns, and think he's bust-proof...I just don't think he's a 10x AS or ever approaches anything close to MVP levels like Russell will
Winslow: far more Wilson Chandler than James Harden (draftnet.com's comps)
Myles Turner: never is able to move around well-enough to amount to much
Tyus Jones: out of the league in 3-4 years
Rozier: out of the league in 3-4 years
RJ Hunter: out of the league in 3-4 years

Top-10 Picks:
1. KAT
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Winslow
5. Porzingis
6. Hezonja
7. Mudiay
8. Lyles
9. Kaminsky
10. Booker

I was asking for both actually. Trade predictions are fine too. Draft predictions mainly to see who goes where and their fate. I think not many trades happens tonight, especially with all the trade talk hype. I think it's all fodder.

Wade n Fade
06-25-2015, 06:18 PM
I think Celtics try to trade for that #3 if the lakers pick up Russel

Does that mean Sully is available? Or does that mean Ollynvk is available?

mgomrjsurf
06-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Smart would be part of Deal becuase Phil needs to a PG maybe get Kings part of deal and Thompson or Williams or Gay will go to Boston.

Kyben36
06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
1. Towns, T-Wolves
2. Russell, LAL
3. Okafor, 76ers (Traded to Celtics for Smart, Olynyk, 16 and 28, plus potentially a first pick)
4. Mudiay, Knicks (Traded to Nuggets for #7, and Lawson)
5. Winslow, Magic
6. Porzingis, Kings
7. Hezonja, Nuggets (Traded to Knicks for #4 and Calderon)
8. Johnson, Pistons
9. Booker, Hornets (I actually think there is a good chance they trade Down, but not sure with who)
10. Cauley-Stein, Heat

Wade n Fade
06-25-2015, 07:32 PM
1. Towns, T-Wolves
2. Russell, LAL
3. Okafor, 76ers (Traded to Celtics for Smart, Olynyk, 16 and 28, plus potentially a first pick)
4. Mudiay, Knicks (Traded to Nuggets for #7, and Lawson)
5. Winslow, Magic
6. Porzingis, Kings
7. Hezonja, Nuggets (Traded to Knicks for #4 and Calderon)
8. Johnson, Pistons
9. Booker, Hornets (I actually think there is a good chance they trade Down, but not sure with who)
10. Cauley-Stein, Heat

I hope we don't get WCS. Such a bad pick IMO because you can get better value elsewhere.

mgomrjsurf
06-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Know comes the Drama meaning let the Trades begin. Somebody move to get Lawson who's on the Block know that Nuggets are Drafting the next best PG on the board.

IndyRealist
06-25-2015, 08:17 PM

Yeah, no.

Clint Olbrock
06-25-2015, 09:22 PM
UK killed the lottery