PDA

View Full Version : Ellis opts out

Stunner
06-24-2015, 10:56 AM
@Chris_Broussard: Source: Monta Ellis will not opt-in to the final yr of his contract & will thus become a free agent this summer. Indiana & Miami interested

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Source: Monta Ellis has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract. The Mavs do not plan to try to re-sign him.

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 11:07 AM
That's great for Dallas.

They will have over 30m in cap space

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Mavs going to go ham for deandre and love

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Not love but LA & DJ for sure. Rumor is both like Dallas a lot.

xxplayerxx23
06-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Mavs going to go ham for deandre and love

Can they afford two maxes? If so they prob better off going for Dragic+ one of them

archdevil84
06-24-2015, 11:31 AM
i just read that miami might be interested in monta ellis. does that mean wade is leaving for good?

IndyRealist
06-24-2015, 11:33 AM
Nnnnoooooooooooooo!

....I'm against Indiana picking him up.

KnicksorBust
06-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Monta Ellis was actually really good in Dallas. I'll never blame anyone for chasing the $ and a long-term deal but he will not be nearly as effective on most other teams.

NYKnickFanatic
06-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Hello Cleveland.

YAALREADYKNO
06-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Mavs need to keep him smh they won't get anybody else to replace him

Lo Porto
06-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Little known fact - Ellis is the highest career average ppg player to not be on an All Star team in the history of the NBA.

YAALREADYKNO
06-24-2015, 12:01 PM
Little known fact - Ellis is the highest career average ppg player to not be on an All Star team in the history of the NBA.

He should've been on 2 or at least one

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Can they afford two maxes? If so they prob better off going for Dragic+ one of them

No they can't.

They will either get DJ and a good defending 3pt shooting sg or LA & keep Tyson

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Mavs need to keep him smh they won't get anybody else to replace him

Sure they can. They said though it's more about his attitude and how it changed this last year

DillyDill
06-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Why would did he do this? The cap gonna boom next year and still could of got long term deal

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 12:57 PM
He's coming off a good year and he's getting up there in age & NBA mileage

Stunner
06-24-2015, 01:21 PM
@MySportsLegion: Monta Ellis will discuss "a long term" contract with both the Hawks and Heat once free agency begins. (via @******)

phantasyyy
06-24-2015, 01:42 PM
He did say he was as as good as a player as Dwade minus the rings.. maybe Riley sees it too..

:D

Saddletramp
06-24-2015, 01:52 PM
There were rumors he was planning on opting out but as soon as I saw the report last night that the Mavs planned on trading him if he opted in then I knew he was opting out for sure. Wake up the next day and it's official. Shrewd leak from Cuban.

YAALREADYKNO
06-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Sure they can. They said though it's more about his attitude and how it changed this last year

They've been trying this FA stuff ever since the championship run and it hasn't been working lol

TylerSL
06-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Miami is probably only using this for leverage in negotiations with Dwyane Wade. They are probably saying if Wade's price doesn't come down they could sign Ellis.

Mr.B
06-24-2015, 02:27 PM

Actually word is they are going after Aldridge and Danny Green. Then will TRY to convince Tyson to resign. Tyson resigning with the team is a long shot though.

Emilio León (@eleonbaz)
6/24/15, 12:33 PM
"Report: Mavs Targeting Danny Green" via @teamstream basketball.******.com/wiretap/238326…

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 02:31 PM
The Heat getting desperate now lol trying not to lose Dragic along with Wade to the open market :laugh:

thomass
06-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Monta Ellis is the goat! **** team ball !

ThePlayoffs
06-24-2015, 02:42 PM
If the heat pick up ellis theyd be really nice next season.

thomass
06-24-2015, 03:11 PM
If the heat pick up ellis theyd be really nice next season.

How?

Big Zo
06-24-2015, 03:20 PM
The Heat getting desperate now lol trying not to lose Dragic along with Wade to the open market :laugh:

Cleveland is still ringless! Lol

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 03:28 PM
They've been trying this FA stuff ever since the championship run and it hasn't been working lol
That also what won them a championship is wheeling a dealing. They can't draft so that's out the window

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Cleveland is still ringless! Lol

How long have your Heat been sitting at home? Over 2 months? Good talk.

Tumstock
06-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Miami is probably only using this for leverage in negotiations with Dwyane Wade. They are probably saying if Wade's price doesn't come down they could sign Ellis.

lmao good leverage! go tell him he's replacable.

YAALREADYKNO
06-24-2015, 04:13 PM
That also what won them a championship is wheeling a dealing. They can't draft so that's out the window

Right. Mavs haven't done anything in the draft since Josh Howard and marquis daniels but they did all that with a dirk still playing at a high level. With monta gone and at dirks age your best player to lure free agents is chandler parsons.

ThePlayoffs
06-24-2015, 04:18 PM
How?

Dragic Bosh ellis whiteside....

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Dragic Bosh ellis whiteside....

Dragic won't stay there if Wade leaves... They're low balling him too.

Big Zo
06-24-2015, 04:39 PM
How long have your Heat been sitting at home? Over 2 months? Good talk.
Maybe if you hurry, you can catch the next flight to Ethiopia, and score one of those Cavs championship shirts those kids are set to receive.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Maybe if you hurry, you can catch the next flight to Ethiopia, and score one of those Cavs championship shirts those kids are set to receive.

Yeah I can't wait until Wade, Dragic and Deng leave this summer.

Dude's team can't even make the playoffs and he's talkin' crap :facepalm:

raiderposting
06-24-2015, 04:43 PM

Lmao that was cold

Big Zo
06-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Yeah I can't wait until Wade, Dragic and Deng leave this summer.

Dude's team can't even make the playoffs and he's talkin' crap :facepalm:

The Heat still has one of, if not THE best GM in the biz, who will have them competing again in no time. Meanwhile, Cleveland is still being Cleveland, and NOT winning championships, while their GM (LeBron) had a future superstar jettisoned to Minnesota, and doesn't respect his head coach.

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 05:05 PM

Lmfao

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:09 PM
The Heat still has one of, if not THE best GM in the biz, who will have them competing again in no time. Meanwhile, Cleveland is still being Cleveland, and NOT winning championships, while their GM (LeBron) had a future superstar jettisoned to Minnesota, and doesn't respect his head coach.

The Heat also still have one of, if not THE worst/stingiest owners in the biz.

So it's okay if you guys hypothetically are going to be "competing again in no time" but when the Cavs are actually competing for a title(were in the NBA finals, about a week ago... week ago) then you can make fun of that?

Sound logic there bud... :facepalm:

Big Zo
06-24-2015, 07:10 PM
The Heat also still have one of, if not THE worst/stingiest owners in the biz.

So it's okay if you guys hypothetically are going to be "competing again in no time" but when the Cavs are actually competing for a title(were in the NBA finals, about a week ago... week ago) then you can make fun of that?

Sound logic there bud... :facepalm:

LMAO! The owner that has brought us Mourning, Hardaway, Shaq, LeBron, Bosh, etc. is cheap? Sure thing. And again, Cleveland didn't win...DIDN'T WIN! As usual.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 07:14 PM
LMAO! The owner that has brought us Mourning, Hardaway, Shaq, LeBron, Bosh, etc. is cheap? Sure thing. And again, Cleveland didn't win...DIDN'T WIN! As usual.

Neither did Miami in year 1 of the Big 3 AND they were all healthy, smh.

gatkins11
06-24-2015, 07:17 PM

Savage.

SportsFanatic10
06-24-2015, 07:20 PM

:burn: :laugh:

Big Zo
06-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Neither did Miami in year 1 of the Big 3 AND they were all healthy, smh.

But they had already won before. And the only reason they didn't win in 2011, was because the guy you now worship (again) choked.

SirSkyHook
06-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Is Ellis considering the Knicks? If the Knicks can pick D'Angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay, sign Ellis and get Monroe they would be a formidable quad in the East next year.

D'Angelo Russell - Emmanuel Mudiay
Monta Ellis
Melo
???
Monroe

Triangle Offense just saying........

Thumper 88
06-24-2015, 08:18 PM
What about Jose? Don't you guys still have him on the team?

mightybosstone
06-24-2015, 08:24 PM
It may seem like I'm biased as a Rockets fan, but I honestly think the Mavericks might be screwed next season. Ellis was arguably their best offensive player and unquestionably their best back court player by a freaking mile. I'm not saying the guy is a superstar, but he's a pretty damn useful NBA player and I can't imagine they're going to be able to replace what he provided. Now they've got two gaping back court holes and their two biggest targets (Aldridge and Jordan) play two positions where they really don't need help that badly.

Jordan and Aldridge simply aren't that big of an upgrade over Chandler and Dirk. And, frankly, the chances of Dallas getting either of those guys (much less both) is pretty unlikely. Dallas doesn't need Jordan or Aldridge. They need to get better defensively and to to get a hell of a lot better in the back court. I just don't think there are players available who can help them accomplish that.

Dallas' best bet is probably to save their cap room for 2016 and go all in Durant, Lebron and co.

Ty Fast
06-24-2015, 09:00 PM
I could see him on detroit

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2015, 12:19 AM
Miami? If Dragic never passes him the ball, it might be a good fit. j/k They might be able to do a 2 guard/Phoenix Suns thang, but I've seen Ellis go 2-20 and put up 40 other nights as he hits buzzer beating floaters and sh't. So, we'll see. Wade definitely wouldn't like it. Pacers might be a better fit.

Thumper 88
06-25-2015, 10:02 AM
It may seem like I'm biased as a Rockets fan, but I honestly think the Mavericks might be screwed next season. Ellis was arguably their best offensive player and unquestionably their best back court player by a freaking mile. I'm not saying the guy is a superstar, but he's a pretty damn useful NBA player and I can't imagine they're going to be able to replace what he provided. Now they've got two gaping back court holes and their two biggest targets (Aldridge and Jordan) play two positions where they really don't need help that badly.

Jordan and Aldridge simply aren't that big of an upgrade over Chandler and Dirk. And, frankly, the chances of Dallas getting either of those guys (much less both) is pretty unlikely. Dallas doesn't need Jordan or Aldridge. They need to get better defensively and to to get a hell of a lot better in the back court. I just don't think there are players available who can help them accomplish that.

Dallas' best bet is probably to save their cap room for 2016 and go all in Durant, Lebron and co.

You're right about this season coming up. They won't be as good as the next most likely. Though from what I've read that's the plan.

Mavs plan A: get DJ & if a good defensive 3 pt sg if possible (Wes Mathews)

Then when the cap boom hits they will have DJ, Parsons, Dirk & and possibly Wes. They will have room for another big piece plus extra bench help.

That's the plan but they normally never workout that way.

Clint Olbrock
06-25-2015, 10:58 AM
But they had already won before. And the only reason they didn't win in 2011, was because the guy you now worship (again) choked.

Alright Al Bundy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2015, 11:04 AM

Bit risky going after Jordan. He could lollygagging around then other teams look at Chandler. Then Chandler be signed elsewhere then if Jordan stays for more money with Clippers on 5 year deal. Mavs left with no big man. I see Jordan as one of them free agents. That will get wined and dined, then waste a weeks time with everyone interested then decides to stay with Clippers.

Big Zo
06-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Alright Al Bundy.
Sure thing, Marcy.

Clint Olbrock
06-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Sure thing, Marcy.

Makes a lot of sense, NOT(but u never do lol)

We should crown the Celtics for winning so many titles in the 60's :laugh:

You keep livin' on that one pass in high school Al.

cdhjgj
06-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Mavs going to go ham for deandre and love http://insuranceautocars.com/insurance/images/42.gif http://alturl.com/kbrbo

Big Zo
06-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Makes a lot of sense, NOT(but u never do lol)

We should crown the Celtics for winning so many titles in the 60's :laugh:

You keep livin' on that one pass in high school Al.
You mentioned Al Bundy for some reason, and I mentioned Marcy D'arcy from the same show. Do you even know who Al Bundy is? Hell, do you even know who your own parents are? And why are we now bringing up the Celtics?

Thumper 88
06-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Bit risky going after Jordan. He could lollygagging around then other teams look at Chandler. Then Chandler be signed elsewhere then if Jordan stays for more money with Clippers on 5 year deal. Mavs left with no big man. I see Jordan as one of them free agents. That will get wined and dined, then waste a weeks time with everyone interested then decides to stay with Clippers.

I agree, that would be the worst case seniero

Clint Olbrock
06-25-2015, 01:02 PM
You mentioned Al Bundy for some reason, and I mentioned Marcy D'arcy from the same show. Do you even know who Al Bundy is? Hell, do you even know who your own parents are? And why are we now bringing up the Celtics?

Yeah, Al Bundy bases his entire life off the 1 game he had in high school where he had 4 touchdowns... Which is the same :censored: you do.

Try to not get lost bub.

Big Zo
06-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah, Al Bundy bases his entire life off the 1 game he had in high school where he had 4 touchdowns... Which is the same :censored: you do.

Try to not get lost bub.

And what game have I referred to, exactly?