PDA

View Full Version : 6ers willing to trade up to nab Russell

jerellh528
06-24-2015, 02:24 AM
Why would the sixers do this when all signs point to the first two picks being bigs? Unless they know something about embiid and want to snatch oak from the lakers, I don't see why they would give up a first to trade up one spot when hey probably could land Russell without trading.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/6/23/8835191/nba-draft-rumor-sixers-willing-to-move-up-for-dangelo-russell

mgjohnson7851
06-24-2015, 02:46 AM
I thought Russell didn't want to play in Philly. Am I wrong?

bleedprple&gold
06-24-2015, 03:12 AM

He has no choice.

SMH!
06-24-2015, 03:29 AM

No that was a lie.

SeoulBeatz
06-24-2015, 06:08 AM

rumor has already been debunked many times...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/22/new-report-says-dangelo-russell-would-be-just-fine-playing-in-philadelphia/

and russell and nerlens are buddies off the court...

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/05/11/dangelo-russell-already-has-a-connection-with-nerlens-noel/

da ThRONe
06-24-2015, 06:30 AM
First thing I thought was "Won't Russell be there with the 3rd pick". This could be a complete smokescreen.

IBleedPurple
06-24-2015, 07:21 AM
First thing I thought was "Won't Russell be there with the 3rd pick". This could be a complete smokescreen.This.

sixer04fan
06-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Smokescreen. I will be shocked if the Lakers don't take Okafor.

Don't **** us, LA! lol

LA4life24/8
06-24-2015, 02:51 PM
LA just tryna get their 2016 pick back most likely.. they say give us it back or we are gonna take russ... call their bluff they take russ and Philly takes oka and then they work a trade out after: russ for oka+2016 pick back to LA

ManRam
06-24-2015, 03:07 PM

Those rumors were shot down by more credible people.

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 04:49 PM
LA just tryna get their 2016 pick back most likely.. they say give us it back or we are gonna take russ... call their bluff they take russ and Philly takes oka and then they work a trade out after: russ for oka+2016 pick back to LA

not a chance.

LA4life24/8
06-24-2015, 05:46 PM
There is if Philly is set on russ

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Call the bluff and we can take our guy.

LA4life24/8
06-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Are you tryna say Philly is the one Puttin on the smoke screen to get oka?

Ty Fast
06-24-2015, 08:52 PM
If I'm Philly and Okafor falls to 3 I'm taking him. Him and Noel would be awesome together.

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 08:57 PM

no im saying LA is taking Okafor

If I'm Philly and Okafor falls to 3 I'm taking him. Him and Noel would be awesome together.

i think our whole forum is on board with this if it went down. Assuming Embiid is fine (he should be) what 2nd unit is stopping Okafor

Patriotsfan97
06-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Have no idea what Philly would do with Okafor, Noel, and Embiid... Obviously one would get traded, but who would stay? I just don't think there's any way Russell isn't a 76er tomorrow night. I think all of this smoke around the Lakers and the #2 pick is ridiculous. It'll be Towns, Okafor, and Russell in that order, no trades into the top 3. Lakers aren't trading for Cousins tomorrow night, 76ers aren't trading up or down, that's going to be the top 3. After that it's a crap shoot.

Patriotsfan97
06-24-2015, 09:10 PM
no im saying LA is taking Okafor

i think our whole forum is on board with this if it went down. Assuming Embiid is fine (he should be) what 2nd unit is stopping Okafor

I agree completely, but there's no way Okafor will want to come off the bench for the freaking 76ers. He wants to be the star on whatever team he goes to, so bringing him off the bench for a guy that has yet to play a minute of NBA basketball, with another injury setback just announced, is ridiculous. I think Embiid would get traded for something like that to happen, but I just think there's so much more of a need elsewhere. If Okafor drops to 3, trade back or draft him and get more assets. Okafor is wanted by everyone in the league, you could get a haul for him, fill the other needs on your roster. Your front court is set, Russell is the perfect fit. Think he could be the next Harden for you guys. Build off of those three instead of stockpiling big men.

shep33
06-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Have no idea what Philly would do with Okafor, Noel, and Embiid... Obviously one would get traded, but who would stay? I just don't think there's any way Russell isn't a 76er tomorrow night. I think all of this smoke around the Lakers and the #2 pick is ridiculous. It'll be Towns, Okafor, and Russell in that order, no trades into the top 3. Lakers aren't trading for Cousins tomorrow night, 76ers aren't trading up or down, that's going to be the top 3. After that it's a crap shoot.

Agree with this.

Cousins trade may occur later on, but I doubt it still. Smaller trades will probably take place

Patriotsfan97
06-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Agree with this.

Cousins trade may occur later on, but I doubt it still. Smaller trades will probably take place

Agreed. Honestly, I just don't see the point in trading Okafor and Randle for Cousins. Okafor and Randle will be an absolutely DOMINANT front court. Yes, Cousins is a superstar, and would be stellar for LA, but trading away Randle will force you guys to fill another hole next to Cousins. It'd be much easier to continue the rebuild by keeping your young talent. Cheaper as well. Cousins' contract combined with Kobe would cause the same problem it did with Howard. Very top heavy in talent, but couldn't afford the depth to be a contender.

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 09:25 PM

I agree completely, but there's no way Okafor will want to come off the bench for the freaking 76ers. He wants to be the star on whatever team he goes to, so bringing him off the bench for a guy that has yet to play a minute of NBA basketball, with another injury setback just announced, is ridiculous. I think Embiid would get traded for something like that to happen, but I just think there's so much more of a need elsewhere. If Okafor drops to 3, trade back or draft him and get more assets. Okafor is wanted by everyone in the league, you could get a haul for him, fill the other needs on your roster. Your front court is set, Russell is the perfect fit. Think he could be the next Harden for you guys. Build off of those three instead of stockpiling big men.

eh it doesnt matter if you start or not when all 3 would get the same amount of min anyway and you dont even have to trade one for 3-4 years if you want plus Okafor could earn a starting spot over Embiid or while JE has to miss a month or 2. but i agree with you i think the top 3 is the bigs then Russ to us.

Patriotsfan97
06-24-2015, 09:33 PM
eh it doesnt matter if you start or not when all 3 would get the same amount of min anyway and you dont even have to trade one for 3-4 years if you want plus Okafor could earn a starting spot over Embiid or while JE has to miss a month or 2. but i agree with you i think the top 3 is the bigs then Russ to us.

You can always trade Embiid to Boston, then you can draft Okafor?? ;) I wanted Embiid to fall last year. Love his game. Hope he gets healthy soon. He and Noel will be stellar together. Lob city with Russell throwing them the rock. Big UK fan as well, so it'll be awesome to see Noel get buckets day in and day out.