PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Cavs...Execs expect Cavs to sign and trade Love

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 02:07 AM
Well, at least the Cavs look like they will be able to recoup off of Love as a sign and trade is looking likely to happen. GM David Griffin knows what he is doing.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/06/executives_reportedly_believe.html

jerellh528
06-24-2015, 02:16 AM
Interesting, but the thing about love, he doesn't strike me as the type that would just be up for a sign and trade when he could just leave and go wherever he wants. Or am I missing something?

Lakers + Giants
06-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Interesting, but the thing about love, he doesn't strike me as the type that would just be up for a sign and trade when he could just leave and go wherever he wants. Or am I missing something?

Well, thats an extra year on a max contract, while still being able to choose his destination.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2015, 02:41 AM
So instead of prancing around the obvious for a month.........what does Lakers have that the Cavs want?

Bostonjorge
06-24-2015, 02:44 AM
So instead of prancing around the obvious for a month.........what does Lakers have that the Cavs want?
Swaggy P from what is being reported. Cavs have interest and lakers can throw in boozer for a Cleveland reunion.

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 03:21 AM

Well if its a sign and trade, then the Lakers will have to match salaries. I bet they can get pieces and the Lakers second pick for Love. That would be a nice win for the Cavs. Ive heard the lakers are trying to trade there #2 pick. Okafor would be a nice addition to the cavs, and I'm sure he'd make all cavs fans feel better about loosing Wiggins.

jerellh528
06-24-2015, 03:30 AM
Well if its a sign and trade, then the Lakers will have to match salaries. I bet they can get pieces and the Lakers second pick for Love. That would be a nice win for the Cavs. Ive heard the lakers are trying to trade there #2 pick. Okafor would be a nice addition to the cavs, and I'm sure he'd make all cavs fans feel better about loosing Wiggins.

2 for love ain't happening playa

numba1CHANGsta
06-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Why would Love do this? Basically trading him to a team he doesn't want to be in when he can choose where he wants to play through FA

0nekhmer
06-24-2015, 04:13 AM
No matter what they do, they won't get the same value as Wiggins. A player on a rookie contract who will be a perrenial two way all star player for years to come.

More-Than-Most
06-24-2015, 05:34 AM
Why would Love do this? Basically trading him to a team he doesn't want to be in when he can choose where he wants to play through FA

He can get more from the team he is with which means the cavs right now can offer him more than anybody else and if they trade him the team he goes to would then be able to offer him more than anyone else which is why a sign and trade is so valuable.

Bruno
06-24-2015, 05:38 AM
this will require a lot of things to go right.

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2015, 05:41 AM
Lakers are doomed

ewing
06-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Ahhh... i was hoping Love would tease the media for months and then make a televised announcement

Bruno
06-24-2015, 05:47 AM
according to Lowe, Love can be had for vets and picks because of Clevelands dynamic/circumstance, which is interesting. consider the package it took to pry him from Minny, it's buy low time on Kevin Love. if someone can get him for two vets and a first/second it will be the steal of the off-season.

they should trade him back to Minny for Martin, Bennett and Budinger. the salaries might work. Cleveland gets their floor spreading SG and a second go at Bennett. Budinger spreads the floor off the bench. Maybe the Lakers offer Hill/Young/27/34/protected future first, etc.

bloomis1307
06-24-2015, 09:13 AM
according to Lowe, Love can be had for vets and picks because of Clevelands dynamic/circumstance, which is interesting. consider the package it took to pry him from Minny, it's buy low time on Kevin Love. if someone can get him for two vets and a first/second it will be the steal of the off-season.

they should trade him back to Minny for Martin, Bennett and Budinger. the salaries might work. Cleveland gets their floor spreading SG and a second go at Bennett. Budinger spreads the floor off the bench. Maybe the Lakers offer Hill/Young/27/34/protected future first, etc.

If thats the case, this has Celtics written all over it. At the very least to facilitate some type of trade.

Dade County
06-24-2015, 09:23 AM

This...

It doesn't make sense.

The other team is going to lose assets, that can help Love win in the playoffs or set his new team up for future moves.

Also, if he signs for a shorter contract, he can get that new max money sooner then later. This is not going down.

He is staying with the Cav's until the trade deadline.

And GM Lbj strikes again.

IBleedPurple
06-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Love would do this for the money, while still choosing his team, same as Melo, etc.....how is this not clear?

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 09:43 AM
He can get more from the team he is with which means the cavs right now can offer him more than anybody else and if they trade him the team he goes to would then be able to offer him more than anyone else which is why a sign and trade is so valuable.

wrong...

this is another article written by a moron who doesn't know the new CBA

There is no reason a team signing Love should do a S&T

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Love would do this for the money, while still choosing his team, same as Melo, etc.....how is this not clear?

People are dumb are bricks right? You think love gives 2 s**ts about swappy p and some late round picks?

He WOULD do it cause it helps him go anywhere he wants even if they can't afford him the snt will help and he gets all his money

Its not that hard to comprehend people... its a snt not a normal trade its like he is getting traded for cousins lol its going to be a vet/role player and a pick ... Celtics should go ham and then go trade for cousins

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 09:46 AM

you're wrong... the difference in money is basically nothing more than the annual raises he can get...

the new CBA killed this option

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 09:47 AM
People are dumb are bricks right? You think love gives 2 s**ts about swappy p and some late round picks?

He WOULD do it cause it helps him go anywhere he wants even if they can't afford him the snt will help and he gets all his money

Its not that hard to comprehend people... its a snt not a normal trade its like he is getting traded for cousins lol its going to be a vet/role player and a pick ... Celtics should go ham and then go trade for cousins

He doesn't get any more money... why is this so hard for some of you to understand...

once he opts out it is over

Jtirado16
06-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Lakers are not trading #2 for love.... Love wouldn't do this either when he can go into free agency and just pick where he wants to go.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Love still gets to pick where he goes in a S&T. He has to agree to sign with whoever CLE wants to trade him to. This opens up new potential destinations for him that don't have cap space to sign him outright.

If Love decides he wants to sign with a team that has the cap space to sign him outright, then it becomes interesting. He stands to make a little extra by executing the S&T but either way, I anticipate his deal this offseason being a one year fix. It will be longer to give him insurance in case of injury, but there will be a player option so he can opt out and re-sign under the new, increased salary cap. So if Kevin Love really cares about winning, is he really willing to force his new team to give up assets so he can make a small amount extra in year 1?

skeemz617
06-24-2015, 10:15 AM
If Love wants to come to Boston, and the Celtics want to offer him the max, there will be no sign and trade. Sorry Cleveland you gave up Wiggins for a one year rental.

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Love still gets to pick where he goes in a S&T. He has to agree to sign with whoever CLE wants to trade him to. This opens up new potential destinations for him that don't have cap space to sign him outright.

If Love decides he wants to sign with a team that has the cap space to sign him outright, then it becomes interesting. He stands to make a little extra by executing the S&T but either way, I anticipate his deal this offseason being a one year fix. It will be longer to give him insurance in case of injury, but there will be a player option so he can opt out and re-sign under the new, increased salary cap. So if Kevin Love really cares about winning, is he really willing to force his new team to give up assets so he can make a small amount extra in year 1?

actually a S&T has ZERO impact on season 1 salary... it only effects the out years...

As for a contract with opt outs... if he wants to opt out again next year to cash in he can only sign a 2 year deal (similar to the Lebron deal this year).

In all likelihood he is gonna sign a 2 year deal with someone who has the cap space... I can't really see teams helping Cleveland since he will most likely sign with someone who can contend.

Also, what teams don't have cap that he would be interested in signing with? I really can't see many if any

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Celtics is a serious option

dalton749
06-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Raptors for derozan patterson possibly Vasquez if they throw in haywood

Hawkeye15
06-24-2015, 12:45 PM

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins/Bazz
Love
Towns/Dieng

yes please haha

Chronz
06-24-2015, 12:52 PM
I dont see how this is good news

LakersIn5
06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Lol at the haters. Kevin love being so underated now. Obviously your stats will go down once you become the 3rd option on a super team with lebron james on it. Love is a beast and cavs would be stupid to let him go. The cavs where rolling in the 2nd half of the season with the big 3 gelling. And the cavs would need a 3rd option of kevin loves caliber to win a championship.kevin love is still a top 5 pf in the league and i would want the lakers to sign him. NO S&T **** just sign him outright

D-Leethal
06-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Lol at the haters. Kevin love being so underated now. Obviously your stats will go down once you become the 3rd option on a super team with lebron james on it. Love is a beast and cavs would be stupid to let him go. The cavs where rolling in the 2nd half of the season with the big 3 gelling. And the cavs would need a 3rd option of kevin loves caliber to win a championship.kevin love is still a top 5 pf in the league and i would want the lakers to sign him. NO S&T **** just sign him outright

They were winning, but Love was sporadic at best and barely contributing. It's clear he wants to win but thinks he can do it as a major piece, not an afterthought who puts up his numbers every third or fourth game. He also doesn't like the idea that he is a stretch 4 and seems to really hate that label. Not everyone is Bosh and willing to take a seat in the trunk in their prime for the sake of winning.

mike_noodles
06-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, this isn't as easy as the Cavs just agreeing to do it. Any team that has the room can just sign him outright and not have to give any assets in return if they don't choose to.

D Blue987
06-24-2015, 01:21 PM
If he leaves, he is coming to the Lakers. Why would he entertain going somewhere else? If he is willing to leave a finals team to go it on his own, he will go to the Lakers.

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 01:27 PM
If he leaves, he is coming to the Lakers. Why would he entertain going somewhere else? If he is willing to leave a finals team to go it on his own, he will go to the Lakers.

yeah ... cuz Houston wouldn't be a good destination :rolleyes: or 10 others

Raps08-09 Champ
06-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Raptors offer Terrence Ross, Patrick Patterson and the 20th round pick next year.

HoopsDrive
06-24-2015, 01:44 PM
So Wiggins for 1 year of Love... damn

KB24PG16
06-24-2015, 02:08 PM
cavs are going to get pennies on the dollar, considering they gave up wiggins

Raps08-09 Champ
06-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't be a problem if he stopped trying to fit out and just tried to fit in.

ewing
06-24-2015, 02:12 PM
^^^^

LA4life24/8
06-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Wouldn't be a problem if he stopped trying to fit out and just tried to fit in.

This is super lame saying... even for a raptors fan but at least you aren't trolling the Lakers forum

bucketss
06-24-2015, 02:28 PM
lamarcus can go to cleveland now xD

LA4life24/8
06-24-2015, 02:31 PM
So if they s&t love before signing TT can they still max TT and take on the love trade salaries?

ThePlayoffs
06-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Celtics need to bid for love.

Even though they need a rim protector love wouldn't be a bad option for them.

rockets-fan
06-24-2015, 02:34 PM
The rumors were his preferences were LA,Bos,Hou right? Two of them can sign him outright, why would the S&T for him. LA or Bos seem like the most sense.

I don't think Houston has the assets to trade for Love.

Terence Jones, J.Terry, Dorsey, and the Pels 18th pick?

I'm pretty sure that's the best package Houston can give and I doubt Cleveland takes that.

mjarmentasr
Raptors offer Terrence Ross, Patrick Patterson and the 20th round pick next year.

Im not sure who will be available with the 20th round pick. Isn't that the 570th pick or something?

ThePlayoffs

Are you trying to say if love goes to the lakers next season they could win a championship?

Stunner
06-24-2015, 02:35 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Cavs forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract and will be a free agent July 1

Raps08-09 Champ
06-24-2015, 02:37 PM
This is super lame saying... even for a raptors fan but at least you aren't trolling the Lakers forum

No it's not.

Jayb587
06-24-2015, 02:38 PM
pretty sure he wont be back with the cavs next year

mjarmentasr
06-24-2015, 02:38 PM
The rumors were his preferences were LA,Bos,Hou right? Two of them can sign him outright, why would the S&T for him. LA or Bos seem like the most sense.

I don't think Houston has the assets to trade for Love.

Terence Jones, J.Terry, Dorsey, and the Pels 18th pick?

I'm pretty sure that's the best package Houston can give and I doubt Cleveland takes that.

Why wouldn't they take that? Rt now he can leave and they don't get anything. If its the only offer they get then they will take it.

I think the fav have to be Boston, much as I hate to admit it. They have the best package to offer and have cap space. Lakers just have the money to spend, so he gets an extra year and more money with the Celts...........

rockets-fan
06-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Im not sure who will be available with the 20th round pick. Isn't that the 570th pick or something?

😂😂😂😂

Stunner
@JeffZillgitt: Kevin Love was due to make $16.7M next season. With 2015-16 salary cap at about $67.1M, Love, by opting out, can start at $18.9M next season

nycericanguy
Teams under the cap won't give up much, if anything for Love. Maybe a TPE and a 2nd rounder.

Love probably wants a shorter deal anyway with the new CBA coming up, so I don't think the 5th year thing will come into play.

Chronz
06-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Rockets package of Terrence Jones and/or D-Mo+picks isn't that bad IMO.

Not gonna get much in a S&T.

Stunner
06-24-2015, 02:49 PM
He's going to Boston

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 02:51 PM
@JeffZillgitt: Kevin Love was due to make $16.7M next season. With 2015-16 salary cap at about $67.1M, Love, by opting out, can start at $18.9M next season

This is the real reason he opted out, LeBron is going to do the exact same thing.

NYKnickFanatic
06-24-2015, 02:57 PM
He's going to Boston

With Robin Lopez and Pierce?!?!?!

Stunner
06-24-2015, 02:58 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: If Kevin Love goes forward with visits in July, expect Boston to sell him on pursuing group of Love, Robin Lopez and...Paul Pierce.

beasted86
06-24-2015, 03:01 PM
The Cavs cannot sign and trade Love if they are over the tax apron. I wonder if this rumor took that into account, and how close they are to, if not already over actually.

If your salaries + cap holds exceed the luxury tax apron ($85.5M for 2015/16), you are not allowed to sign and trade a playerunless it's for lesser salaries. So sounds right when people say they will trade for lesser players and not an all-star.

Stunner
06-24-2015, 03:04 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Opt-out sets up Love to sign extension w/ Cavs, but teams want crack at pitching him. Another suitor promising to be aggressive: Phoenix.

nycericanguy
06-24-2015, 03:06 PM
The Cavs cannot sign and trade Love if they are over the tax apron. I wonder if this rumor took that into account, and how close they are to, if not already over actually.

If your salaries + cap holds exceed the luxury tax apron ($85.5M for 2015/16), you are not allowed to sign and trade a playerunless it's for lesser salaries. So sounds right when people say they will trade for lesser players and not an all-star.

They cannot S&T for another teams free agent, but they can S&T their own player.

CAVS have to hope that if Love leaves he wants to go to a team over the cap, because teams with cap space arent going to give up anything of value for a guy they could just sign.

beasted86
06-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Rockets package of Terrence Jones and/or D-Mo+picks isn't that bad IMO.

Not gonna get much in a S&T.

Do the rockets have $14M or whatever the salary difference would be in cap space?

I'd imagine those two players make close to $4M combined, so Houston would need the remainder in cap space cover the difference.

beasted86
06-24-2015, 03:08 PM
They cannot S&T for another teams free agent, but they can S&T their own player.

CAVS have to hope that if Love leaves he wants to go to a team over the cap, because teams with cap space arent going to give up anything of value for a guy they could just sign.
You cannot sign and trade even your own player unless it lowers your salary to below the apron after the trade.

ImThatDude
06-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Can 2 players be sign-and-tradeded for one another? If so, Love should head back home to Oregon. He could be alpha dog again, Lillard obviously can't handle that role and LMA gets to play in CLE.

beasted86
06-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Actually, thinking about this more, this rumor is completely bogus.

If the Cavs sign and trade Love they are hard capped at $85.5M

Avenged
06-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Any team but the Lakers!!! Unless you want that swaggy guy

Stunner
06-24-2015, 03:30 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Cleveland remains the frontrunner to sign Love to a five-year, $100M-plus extension, but Love could be willing to hear out Celtics, Lakers.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 03:32 PM

Wrong, the S&T rules are for receiving a player via S&T not sending one out.

Stunner
06-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Soooooo who paying Thompson $85 million ?

Tony_Starks
06-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Please let him stay wherever he is at....

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Soooooo who paying Thompson $85 million ?

It's based on years of experience in the league, his max is 4 years/$71 million from another team.

Stunner
06-24-2015, 03:40 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: As mentioned in Kevin Love link, one wild card to track is Portland. Blazers widely expected to pursue Love if they lose LaMarcus Aldridge

Stunner
06-24-2015, 03:41 PM
It's based on years of experience in the league, his max is 4 years/$71 million from another team.

So he's getting that 5th year from the Cavs that will be around $80 something right

Bruno
06-24-2015, 03:46 PM
If thats the case, this has Celtics written all over it. At the very least to facilitate some type of trade.

I agree that a lot of teams in the NBA could offer a package that would interest Cleveland, but as it is a sign in trade, the list is limited to only places Love is interested in playing in. so really, only Kevin Love really knows which teams are even eligible trade partners.

Bruno
06-24-2015, 03:47 PM
wrong...

if you're love do you want your new team to have less assets?

Bruno
06-24-2015, 03:48 PM
but i think this concept is basically done now that he's opted out, yeah?

beasted86
06-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Wrong, the S&T rules are for receiving a player via S&T not sending one out.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. Either way it's not for me to worry about. It's for LeBron who will need to brush up on his cap math to figure out how to trade Love and pay everyone else.

Lo Porto
06-24-2015, 04:04 PM
If Cleveland at least gets a trade exception, it's not all bad. After watching Thompson play this postseason, I'd probably have him the next 5 years at a fraction of the cost.

Kyben36
06-24-2015, 04:05 PM
they wont get nearly the value they traded away from him, Trading Wiggins alone they wont get anything close to him back.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Okay, I'll take your word for it. Either way it's not for me to worry about. It's for LeBron who will need to brush up on his cap math to figure out how to trade Love and pay everyone else.

Love is coming back so it doesn't matter lol all the Cavs have to do and according to Griff(our GM) plan to do is retain our core... Anything we get with the Haywood contract/our MLE is just a cherry on top to add to our core and depth.

WITZ
06-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Is this real life :laugh: hell of a pitch don't forget a chance to play with the dude who ruined your season.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Sources: If Kevin Love goes forward with visits in July, expect Boston to sell him on pursuing group of Love, Robin Lopez and...Paul Pierce.

lakerfan85
06-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Kobe to the Cavs for Love and Haywood..

ThePlayoffs
06-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Kobe to the Cavs for Love and Haywood..

stahhhppp

jer3miah
06-24-2015, 04:20 PM
This really doesn't make sense to me (money wise). Isn't it true that Lebron and Love signed that 2 year deal with 1 year opt out MAINLY so they can cash in on the salary cap spike next year. I really don't understand Love signing a 5 year deal now, when he can play next year (kind of a big deal with his age) and then sign a bigger deal. But...I could be wrong.

lakerfan85
06-24-2015, 04:21 PM
stahhhppp

Lol!! I had to..

Patriotsfan97
06-24-2015, 04:36 PM

I agree this would have Celtics written all over it, but Love doesn't have to do a S&T, and I doubt the Celtics or any team would want to give up pieces and draft picks just to make Cleveland happy. Love opted out, no longer has any connection to Cleveland. If the team he wants to go to has the cap space, a S&T makes no sense, especially when Love wants talent and draft picks around him.

beasted86
06-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Love is coming back so it doesn't matter lol all the Cavs have to do and according to Griff(our GM) plan to do is retain our core... Anything we get with the Haywood contract/our MLE is just a cherry on top to add to our core and depth.

Griffin is a puppet with LeBron holding the strings.

I too believe Love is back as long as it's a max. I don't expect him to give any discount.

numba1CHANGsta
06-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Is this real life :laugh: hell of a pitch don't forget a chance to play with the dude who ruined your season.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Sources: If Kevin Love goes forward with visits in July, expect Boston to sell him on pursuing group of Love, Robin Lopez and...Paul Pierce.

First off, why would Love go to the team that was responsible for his injury? ZERO chance he goes to BOS. Secondly, the Celtics seem desperate now a days, signing Pierce and Lopez? What are they the Nets 2.0? lol

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 05:02 PM
if you're love do you want your new team to have less assets?

did you read what i posted? obviously not because if you did you wouldn't ask the question

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 05:05 PM
wrong...

That is the reason to do a sign and trade Vinyl. There are teams he'd prob want to play for that can't sign him because they dont have cap. A sign and trade is the only way for him to get on a team like the Clippers for instance.

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:05 PM
First off, why would Love go to the team that was responsible for his injury? ZERO chance he goes to BOS. Secondly, the Celtics seem desperate now a days, signing Pierce and Lopez? What are they the Nets 2.0? lol

The thing is it's not even the good Lopez brother... It's Robin ha ha

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 05:09 PM
That is the reason to do a sign and trade Vinyl. There are teams he'd prob want to play for that can't sign him because they dont have cap. A sign and trade is the only way for him to get on a team like the Clippers for instance.

the clippers have no interest... next

name a team where he wants to go that can't clear out 18.7 million or already have that much available

I asked Patsfan the same question and got :cricket:

numba1CHANGsta
06-24-2015, 05:09 PM

LMAO are you serious? :laugh: poor Celtics, they're not gonna be good for a very long time

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 05:10 PM
yeah ... cuz Houston wouldn't be a good destination :rolleyes: or 10 others

You said you dont see a team that doesn't have cap room that he would want to go to. Then you bring up Houston? How in the heck can Houston get him without a sign and trade. You just made the point as to why a sign and trade is useful for him.

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 05:11 PM
lamarcus can go to cleveland now xD

exactly, people think the Cavs are gonna be screwed. LOL, Bron can tell anyone to come and they will.

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 05:11 PM
You said you dont see a team that doesn't have cap room that he would want to go to. Then you bring up Houston? How in the heck can Houston get him without a sign and trade. You just made the point as to why a sign and trade is useful for him.

they can easily clear cap without Cleveland helping

Vinylman
06-24-2015, 05:13 PM
exactly, people think the Cavs are gonna be screwed. LOL, Bron can tell anyone to come and they will.

Mind boggling ... how are they gonna have the cap to get it done? You guys really don't understand the Cap

hugepatsfan
06-24-2015, 05:15 PM
the clippers have no interest... next

name a team where he wants to go that can't clear out 18.7 million or already have that much available

I asked Patsfan the same question and got :cricket:

You asked me on page 2. By the time I came back to the thread that was long gone and I didn't see it. I don't know of any specific teams. I'm just saying hypothetically that's where a S&T scenario would come into play.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2015, 05:17 PM

Robin is a nice fit in that hypothetical team. Effective shot blocker and proven ability to be efficient offensively next to a heavy usage PF.

Stunner
06-24-2015, 05:21 PM
@Talk_NBA_: According to a report from @DimeMag LeBron James "won't recruit" free agent Kevin Love to resign with the Cavs

Jtirado16
06-24-2015, 05:24 PM
You can't just use that 16 million and go get another max guy Cavs fans. You gotta pay TT... & shumpert.... And prolly JR Smith. People don't really know how the Cap works in the NBA

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Mind boggling ... how are they gonna have the cap to get it done? You guys really don't understand the Cap

The same way Houston clears cap buddy

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:31 PM
You can't just use that 16 million and go get another max guy Cavs fans. You gotta pay TT... & shumpert.... And prolly JR Smith. People don't really know how the Cap works in the NBA

None of that matters anyway because they all have cap holds, Love included.

Cavs will look to re-sign everyone and if they can't probably try to get a piece or 2 with the Haywood contract to soften the blow.

Possibly a couple ring chasers on vet min contracts.

Scoots
06-24-2015, 05:31 PM
If the Lakers send #2 to the Cavs for Love ... that would be terrible for the lakers and great for the Cavs.

S&T was easy to predict ... now comes the hard part ... getting a sucker to take the deal.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Well, thats an extra year on a max contract, while still being able to choose his destination.

I believe the new CBA doesn't allow sign and trades of 5 years, only 4 now. Only way to get 5 years is stay with team then work out a trade at the trade deadline. But then probably has a trade kicker. So pretty much teams with no cap is only teams be jumping for a trade for Love. But could be taking back junk to match the max contract of Love. Teams that want him have the cap. So there's still a chance Cavs wont recoup the lost of assets like Wiggins dumped for Love. No way Lakers offer anything when they can just sign him out right. No way they part with #2 or Randle.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Lebron - $21,573,398
Irving - $14,746,000
Varejao - $9,638,554
Thompson - $6,777,589 (RFA tender)
Mozgov - $4,950,000
Shumpert - $4,433,683 (RFA tender)
Miller - $2,854,940 (assuming he opts in)
Dellavedova - $1,147,276 (team option they'll pick up)
Joe West - $845,059

That brings CLE up to $66,966,499. The cap is projected to be $67.1 million so CLE isn't going to have the cap space to outright sign anyone. They have bird rights to keep Love and they can go over the cap to extend Thompson/Shumpert so long as they reserve enough cap space for their RFA tender holds. (That means theoretically if they salary dumped Varejao for example, they could spend that $9 mil of cap space that they'd have accounting for Thompson/Shump at those tender values on a FA and then go over the cap to extend the RFAs. They don't have any logical salary dump candidates though so it's a moot point.)

I left out Haywood's $10 mil non-guaranteed deal because no way CLE actually pays him that. They can use him in a trade though to add a player that costs up to about $12 mil. If that player is a S&T though, then CLE is hard capped at the tax apron. Giving Thompson the max extension he's going to get might not let them take on all $12 mil they could with Haywood's deal if it's just a straight trade but it would only be a little less I believe.

The best case scenario for CLE adding talent wise is to re-sign Love using bird rights, extend Thompson, and then trade for up to a $12 mil player on another team w/ Haywood's non-guaranteed deal. but because of the way the cap is set up, if Love walks, they just lose out. They can't reallocate that money to someone else. They'll only have the ability to add through Haywood's non-guaranteed deal.

Jarvo
06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
If Love leaves than I believe Lebron will try to get LMA smh

Clint Olbrock
06-24-2015, 05:51 PM
Lebron - $21,573,398
Irving - $14,746,000
Varejao - $9,638,554
Thompson - $6,777,589 (RFA tender)
Mozgov - $4,950,000
Shumpert - $4,433,683 (RFA tender)
Miller - $2,854,940 (assuming he opts in)
Dellavedova - $1,147,276 (team option they'll pick up)
Joe West - $845,059

That brings CLE up to $66,966,499. The cap is projected to be $67.1 million so CLE isn't going to have the cap space to outright sign anyone. They have bird rights to keep Love and they can go over the cap to extend Thompson/Shumpert so long as they reserve enough cap space for their RFA tender holds. (That means theoretically if they salary dumped Varejao for example, they could spend that $9 mil of cap space that they'd have accounting for Thompson/Shump at those tender values on a FA and then go over the cap to extend the RFAs. They don't have any logical salary dump candidates though so it's a moot point.)

I left out Haywood's $10 mil non-guaranteed deal because no way CLE actually pays him that. They can use him in a trade though to add a player that costs up to about $12 mil. If that player is a S&T though, then CLE is hard capped at the tax apron. Giving Thompson the max extension he's going to get might not let them take on all $12 mil they could with Haywood's deal if it's just a straight trade but it would only be a little less I believe.

The best case scenario for CLE adding talent wise is to re-sign Love using bird rights, extend Thompson, and then trade for up to a $12 mil player on another team w/ Haywood's non-guaranteed deal. but because of the way the cap is set up, if Love walks, they just lose out. They can't reallocate that money to someone else. They'll only have the ability to add through Haywood's non-guaranteed deal.

Cavs can acquire $13.2 million back in salary from the Haywood contract.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-24-2015, 06:00 PM
Don't see many teams jumping for joy going after a Haywood. Maybe a team trying to dump a really long bad contract like Nets Deron Williams comes to mind. But beyond that most teams probably want #24 tossed in or wasting a phone call. Cavs be best to dump Haywood quick if they don't get any tiny offers. Also the two main teams interested in Love have capspace as in Lakers and Celtics. Also highly doubt they toss in any assets for a sign and trade when they just sign him out right. So Cavs have to hope a cap strapped team wants Love and Cavs like a few players from that team to match a max deal of Love.

Stunner
06-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Haywood contact is non guaranteed

IKnowHoops
06-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Haywood contact is non guaranteed

A lot of non Cavs fans dont get this. This is a nice trade chip for the Cavs. This is a way for any team to clear 10+ mill off there books, nothing more.

JordansBulls
06-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Noah for Love

CKinKC
06-24-2015, 10:05 PM
A lot of non Cavs fans dont get this. This is a nice trade chip for the Cavs. This is a way for any team to clear 10+ mill off there books, nothing more.

But the teams will be dumping players that they don't want and are overpaid....many Cavs fans don't get that

nastynice
06-24-2015, 10:21 PM

There is no way I could see LA doing this! You think they'd really take love over one of the rookie bigs??

nastynice
06-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Dubs could use a post player. Lee for Love? ;)

Ty Fast
06-24-2015, 11:05 PM
How bout Bosh and Wade for Love and Haywood.

WITZ
06-24-2015, 11:32 PM
How bout Bosh and Wade for Love and Haywood.

Cavs ain't trying to be the heat :laugh2:

Ty Fast
06-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Cavs ain't trying to be the heat :laugh2:

The cleavland heetles lol

IKnowHoops
06-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Noah for Love

6'11 rajon rhondo. Don't want him. Not up to me obviously but I dont want a guy who has zero offensive game. he makes TT look like Dream.

IKnowHoops
06-25-2015, 12:20 AM
But the teams will be dumping players that they don't want and are overpaid....many Cavs fans don't get that

Cavs fans understand that perfectly. And it doesn't effect the trade piece that Brendan Heywood is at all.

IKnowHoops
06-25-2015, 12:23 AM
There is no way I could see LA doing this! You think they'd really take love over one of the rookie bigs??

Ive heard they have been looking to trade that pick. Love is better than those Rookie bigs by a good margin. They won't be close for another 3-4 years. Lakers are trying to get Cousins too. Love just had to play off Lebron and can't get his value doing that. But in the same scenario, love is better than the rookie bigs by a long shot.

Vinylman
06-25-2015, 10:48 AM

no they won't ... Cleveland will package him and a pick for a solid rotational player (see the proposed Laker trade).

This accomplishes three things for Cleveland

1. salary dump
2. gain a TPE for the difference
3. get a rotational player

a lot of teams are gonna jump at getting a first and cap relief

Vinylman
06-25-2015, 10:51 AM
The same way Houston clears cap buddy

who are you gonna clear? all of Clevelands cap is tied up in Cap holds ... not players they can trade...

getting rid of Haywood does nothing from a cap standpoint as they will still be over the cap

limebalz05
06-25-2015, 11:00 AM
One dark horse could be a LMA sign and trade for Kevin Love.

It's highly unlikely that LMA will be willing to live in Cleveland.

Not sure if Love would be willing to do the same thing in Portland even though he was born and raised there.

I believe both players would get the extended year because they are resigning with their former teams compared to hitting the open market. Basically both Love and LMA will be getting bigger deals compared to signing elsewhere