PDA

View Full Version : NBA Teams short-term objectives 2015 - What's yours?

Mave1002
06-23-2015, 08:38 AM
1.) Draft: #2 Jahlil Okafor

2.) Trading Block
A. Tarik Black and #27 to the Nets for Mason Plumlee
B. Ryan Kelly and #34 to the Bucks for Miles Plumlee

3.) Free-Agency: $24M cap - Decline Jordan Hill's TO
A. RFA Tobias Harris $13M max ($52/5)
B. UFA Danny Green $8M ($24/3)
C. RFA Norris Cole $3M ($9/3)

D. Alternative back-up SF: RFA KJ McDaniels or Jae Crowder $3M ($15/5)

Tip-Off:

Okafor-Plumlee
Randle-Plumlee
Harris-Green
Kobe-???
Clarkson-Cole

In addition, rumor has it that Cleveland is trying to reel in Nick Young in exchange for #24 and Brendan Haywood. For #24, Id love to have Justin Anderson in a Lakers uniform, he'd be the perfect back-up guy for Kobe Bryant.

http://cleveland.suntimes.com/cle-sports/7/91/229592/swaggy-p-nick-young-cavs-trade/

I'm also happy to hear that Mason Plumlee is reportedly being shopped by the nets for a 1st, and hed be a GREAT, GREAT fit for the Lakers

NETS Daily news: http://netsdailynews.com/2015/05/29/best-potential-trade-packages-for-mason-plumlee/

How would you like your team to perform this off-season?

Scoots
06-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Hire new offensive coordinator.
Re-sign current roster.
Trade expensive bench player.
Draft a raw player to develop along with other youngsters on the deep bench.
Rinse.
Repeat.

tp13baby
06-23-2015, 11:55 AM
1. Trade Lawson for the 6th pick. I didn't think Sacramento would do it but word is that as long as mudiay falls Lawson will be a King. Draft mudiay.

2. Draft Winslow or hezonja.

3. Trade faried and chandler for mid to late first rounder each.

4. Hope someone takes hicksons contract with one of the above.

5. Have 5 22 year old or less that will play valuable minutes, continue to rebuild and be a top 5 team in the draft again.

6. Sign a veteran PF and veteran pg
Nurkic/ joff
Free agent/ jokic
Gallo/Barton
Hezonja/Harris
Mudiay/free agent

That's actually a really good start to a rebuild effort.

Gander13SM
06-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Hire new offensive coordinator.
Re-sign current roster.
Trade expensive bench player.
Draft a raw player to develop along with other youngsters on the deep bench.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Yeah this is key for Warriors now especially those last two. Rinse. Repeat.

Just retain your core. Draft well. Be smart in free agency. This team is capable of going from a championship team to a dynasty.

And the Denver fan is right about Hezonja. He's a cocky piece of **** but I think he will be one of the better players from this draft a few years from now.

Shammyguy3
06-23-2015, 01:16 PM
1. Trade Derrick Rose
2. Trade Joakim Noah
3. Trade Taj Gibson
4. Trade Pau Gasol
5. Draft best player available.
6. Give Butler the type of contract he prefers (2 year or 5 year deal)

Hawkeye15
06-23-2015, 01:25 PM
1. Trade Derrick Rose
2. Trade Joakim Noah
3. Trade Taj Gibson
4. Trade Pau Gasol

damn Shammy wanna clean house

Gander13SM
06-23-2015, 01:43 PM
1. Trade Derrick Rose
2. Trade Joakim Noah
3. Trade Taj Gibson
4. Trade Pau Gasol

Hahahaha. I get the Noah thing. He had an awful year. And I get trading Taj because he still has value.

But Rose? Gasol? I don't get that.

Aust
06-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Draft Okafor, trade up for Justin Anderson. Give all the young guys plenty of minutes to develop and try fighting for the 8th seed.

Dade County
06-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Trade 1st rd Draft Pick and combinations of players for a SF that can hit the 3 ball and defend well.

Get some shooters in free agency.
Sign The Dragon & Wade.

Dragic
Wade
Shooter
Bosh
Whiteside

Deng as 6 man.

Hawkeye15
06-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Hahahaha. I get the Noah thing. He had an awful year. And I get trading Taj because he still has value.

Shammy wanna blow **** up

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Draft Winslow, trade Jennings for Hardaway, trade Jackson for young PG, sign and trade Monroe for Faried, devenlop young players.

Shammyguy3
06-23-2015, 07:37 PM
damn Shammy wanna clean house

Shammy wanna blow **** up

Yessir. I hate Derrick Rose. I don't think he'll ever be a valuable player at the deepest position in the league. He's such a dumbass and has had years to improve his terrible habits and nothing has come of it. His shooting is worse than ever, he's scared and more timid than ever, but most importantly I don't think he has a heart for the game like he once did.

Noah's just bad now, sharpest decline i've seen from a Bulls' player due to health. Gibson is one of the most annoying players we've had. Pau has the most value in a deal outside of Butler/Mirotic so trade him while his value is high.

I explained it above a bit, but you clean house when you're in NBA Hell - that's exactly what the Bulls are in. They won't be better than the Wizards, Hawks, Cavaliers next year. They might not be better than a couple more teams in the East. And even if they were, no chance they can beat the Western Conference rep.

Time to reshuffle the deck

IndyRealist
06-23-2015, 09:17 PM
1.) Draft: #2 Jahlil Okafor

2.) Trading Block
A. Tarik Black and #27 to the Nets for Mason Plumlee
B. Ryan Kelly and #34 to the Bucks for Miles Plumlee

3.) Free-Agency: $24M cap - Decline Jordan Hill's TO
A. RFA Tobias Harris $13M max ($52/5)
B. UFA Danny Green $8M ($24/3)
C. RFA Norris Cole $3M ($9/3)

D. Alternative back-up SF: RFA KJ McDaniels or Jae Crowder $3M ($15/5)

Tip-Off:

Okafor-Plumlee
Randle-Plumlee
Harris-Green
Kobe-???
Clarkson-Cole

In addition, rumor has it that Cleveland is trying to reel in Nick Young in exchange for #24 and Brendan Haywood. For #24, Id love to have Justin Anderson in a Lakers uniform, he'd be the perfect back-up guy for Kobe Bryant.

http://cleveland.suntimes.com/cle-sports/7/91/229592/swaggy-p-nick-young-cavs-trade/

I'm also happy to hear that Mason Plumlee is reportedly being shopped by the nets for a 1st, and hed be a GREAT, GREAT fit for the Lakers

NETS Daily news: http://netsdailynews.com/2015/05/29/best-potential-trade-packages-for-mason-plumlee/

How would you like your team to perform this off-season?

I'd say 2a, 2b, and 3b are unreasonable. Just me, but those seem like lowball offers.

mngopher35
06-23-2015, 09:43 PM
1. Towns
2. Find a way to turn Martin, Bennett, 2 2nds (like pick 31 and 36), Bjelica, budinger expiring into a solid young player or draft pick
3. Pek plays great until trade deadline and we unload him
4. Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Shabazz, Towns, Dieng are the players we build around and probably keep KG, Payne as bench bigs and try and get one more good big in future (once we unload pek, or via trade with those assets)
10. Championship(s)

I don't know a lot about all the draft prospects but I like Porzingas (skill set, haven't seen him), Winslow, WCS and a little later Tyus (watched Duke and Kentucky a good amount haha). I dont think #2 will get us in position for those first 3 so maybe keep martin and go for tyus.