PDA

View Full Version : Report: Buzz around NBA is that D’Angelo Russell doesn’t want to play for Sixers

spreadeagle
06-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Early on in the pre-draft evaluation process, it was reported that the Sixers would be selecting D’Angelo Russell with the third overall pick.

The thinking, of course, was that Philadelphia needed a point guard who could shoot a solid percentage from three-point distance, after dealing a reigning Rookie of the Year in Michael Carter-Williams in part because he could not.

But most mock drafts now have Kristaps Porzingis slotted to go to the Sixers at three, and it’s worth wondering if Russell’s reported preference to play elsewhere may be partially responsible for the change in perception.

From Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times:

After trading point guard Michael Carter-Williams, the 2014 rookie of the year, to Milwaukee this past season, it would appear that the 76ers need a point guard.

But the buzz around the NBA is that D’Angelo Russell, a 6-5 point guard from Ohio State whom many see as a lesser Stephen Curry-type, doesn’t want to play for the unpredictable 76ers. Russell did work out for the 76ers last week.

Let’s start with the obvious, which is that it doesn’t matter one bit if Russell would indeed prefer to play somewhere else. That will change immediately if Philadelphia decides to select him, and players entering the league at the top of the draft no longer have the power to force their way to a particular landing spot.

If you’re Russell, however, there are reasons to be concerned.

The way Philadelphia bailed on Carter-Williams midway through his second season was alarming from a player perspective, even if the Sixers had more than one legitimate reason for doing so. Add in the fact that the team has brought in injured players the last two years who were forced to sit out (at least) their first full NBA season, along with the way the team has continued its prolonged rebuild by fielding what has essentially amounted to a D-League roster, and it’s easy to understand why, at least at this point, the Sixers are a less-than-desirable destination. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/21/report-buzz-around-nba-is-that-dangelo-russell-doesnt-want-to-play-for-sixers/

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2015, 05:36 PM
:shrug: I would rather play for the Knicks or Lakers too...

2-ONE-5
06-21-2015, 05:45 PM
this would be sad if true but at present the Sixers present a better opportunity to develop and become a franchise player compared to LA and NY by a long shot. Regardless he has no say so I hope he is ready to come here next week

Scoots
06-21-2015, 05:54 PM
this would be sad if true but at present the Sixers present a better opportunity to develop and become a franchise player compared to LA and NY by a long shot. Regardless he has no say so I hope he is ready to come here next week

And Kobe Bryant had no say so he's had a long career with the Hornets ... oh ... wait ... no he didn't.

Players playing for teams they hate will not perform at the same level if they like it, and rookies don't have to sign their contract offer.

The Sixers have a reputation of being fine with losing, I don't know why anyone would want to play for them. I hope they turn it around soon.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Lol and how did that workout for MCW or any rookie they have drafted lately? But I don't believe the report since he didn't cancelled their workout

WITZ
06-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Ill be watching for that Embiid like reaction from Russell draft day :laugh2:

Cal827
06-21-2015, 06:16 PM

You're right on New York. Not sure about the Lakers though.

He'll be behind Kobe in LA, but that'll be for a single year. While he's backing up Bryant, he might be able to learn from Bryant about the everyday life of an NBA player. Kobe probably has more experience in his career over the entire Sixers roster :laugh2:. Veteran presence can have an astonishing impact on a players development.

He would also be assured that LA will be shopping around once they have cap space. Once Kobe retires, they'll have cap space and the spike in the Salary Cap. Philly seems to be set in the rebuilding ways and might be willing to wait a few more years, and LA will likely become an interesting destination for FAs after Kobe leaves :laugh2:, which means that they could spike up quickly.

But onto the point. You think that these guys wouldn't act like self entitled douches. It's been said before, but when you are going to get millions to play a freaking game, just freaking play where you're picked. If you don't like it there, then leave after your contract is up.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2015, 06:38 PM

This... Its what OKA and towns were doing as well with the wolves... these Athletes will instantly be worth so much more if they go to the Lakers or Knicks... He knows the knicks are there at 4 and wants to go to the knicks... If the sixers draft him he will all of a sudden love being with us and it will be his dream come true.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2015, 06:40 PM
And Kobe Bryant had no say so he's had a long career with the Hornets ... oh ... wait ... no he didn't.

Players playing for teams they hate will not perform at the same level if they like it, and rookies don't have to sign their contract offer.

The Sixers have a reputation of being fine with losing, I don't know why anyone would want to play for them. I hope they turn it around soon.

and players entering the league at the top of the draft no longer have the power to force their way to a particular landing spot.

Guess you just didnt read that part at all huh? Its different from how it was when Kobe did what he did.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't blame him if you poll the entire league I'm pretty sure 95% of them would rather play for the Knicks and Lakers instead of Minny and Philly but with that being said Philly should still draft Russell if he's there because like MTM said he might hated but he has no choice

2-ONE-5
06-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Lol and how did that workout for MCW or any rookie they have drafted lately? But I don't believe the report since he didn't cancelled their workout

worked out great for Noel, McDaniels and guys like Ish Smith, T-Rob, etc. The MCW deal got good value and there was a reason MCW was traded and shooting played a big role (still not thrilled with the deal but ok with it now) and that shouldn't be a concern for Russ. Go to LA and deal with Kobe being Kobe or NY andMelo doing Melo (losing) things when neither team has the time to develop you (more so NY then LAL)

2-ONE-5
06-21-2015, 06:46 PM
You're right on New York. Not sure about the Lakers though.

He'll be behind Kobe in LA, but that'll be for a single year. While he's backing up Bryant, he might be able to learn from Bryant about the everyday life of an NBA player. Kobe probably has more experience in his career over the entire Sixers roster :laugh2:. Veteran presence can have an astonishing impact on a players development.

He would also be assured that LA will be shopping around once they have cap space. Once Kobe retires, they'll have cap space and the spike in the Salary Cap. Philly seems to be set in the rebuilding ways and might be willing to wait a few more years, and LA will likely become an interesting destination for FAs after Kobe leaves :laugh2:, which means that they could spike up quickly.

But onto the point. You think that these guys wouldn't act like self entitled douches. It's been said before, but when you are going to get millions to play a freaking game, just freaking play where you're picked. If you don't like it there, then leave after your contract is up.

agreed and just mentioned that a little in my post above this. However even with Kobe gone in a year they will intend to sign top FA to take over the reigns so it goes back to the same point

hugepatsfan
06-21-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't see why anyone would prefer to play for PHI with how they've been running things lately but you don't have a choice. If he gets drafted by them he's not going to retire. He'll play and make the most of it. Or he'll pout and waste at least the start of his career but if he has any intelligence himself or smart people around him he won't go that route.

2-ONE-5
06-21-2015, 06:48 PM
This... Its what OKA and towns were doing as well with the wolves... these Athletes will instantly be worth so much more if they go to the Lakers or Knicks... He knows the knicks are there at 4 and wants to go to the knicks... If the sixers draft him he will all of a sudden love being with us and it will be his dream come true.

yea bcuz guys like Curry and KD are struggling to get mega deals off the court while playing in small markets. I see more of KD, Curry, Westbrook, and others doing way more than someone like Melo off the court.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2015, 06:51 PM
worked out great for Noel, McDaniels and guys like Ish Smith, T-Rob, etc. The MCW deal got good value and there was a reason MCW was traded and shooting played a big role (still not thrilled with the deal but ok with it now) and that shouldn't be a concern for Russ. Go to LA and deal with Kobe being Kobe or NY andMelo doing Melo (losing) things when neither team has the time to develop you (more so NY then LAL)

So you guys developed MCW when shooting was his biggest weakness, and that wasn't even close to being developed.

Developed McDaniels only to trade him

Developed Ish Smith (:laugh2:), we did the same with Langston Galloway, an undrafted FA who made second rookie team, does that count as developing. I'll give you Noel but that's pretty much it

So basically you develop players then trade him, and with team/organization that accepts losing and is proud of it if I'm Russell I wouldn't want to think going to Philly...

5ass
06-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Theres another report that said he was talking about how excited he was to be in Philly. I don't believe these rumours. There were rumours last year that Exum only wants to be a laker.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't see why anyone would prefer to play for PHI with how they've been running things lately but you don't have a choice. If he gets drafted by them he's not going to retire. He'll play and make the most of it. Or he'll pout and waste at least the start of his career but if he has any intelligence himself or smart people around him he won't go that route.

This

I'm not mad at him because why would you want to play for a team that loves losing but you have no choice and all you gotta do is be professional about it and go out and ball

Mr. Baller
06-21-2015, 06:58 PM
And this rumor was just debunked.

SupremeNY.
06-21-2015, 07:02 PM
yea bcuz guys like Curry and KD are struggling to get mega deals off the court while playing in small markets. I see more of KD, Curry, Westbrook, and others doing way more than someone like Melo off the court.

Melo Losing ? What Has Philly Been Doing ? 😭

Munkeysuit
06-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Lakers need this dude badly, drafting Okafor is a safe bet BUT Russell has superstar written all over him.

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2015, 07:18 PM
I think the Sixers will probably come to favor Porzingis anyway. He fits their mold as someone who can't really help them win yet. Russell might turn them into a 25-28 win team.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2015, 07:19 PM
https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/612751888602296321

D-Leethal
06-21-2015, 07:28 PM

You must not be paying much attention or just don't know where to look then. "Off the court" is more than showing up in commercials. Melo has his own venture capital firm that he started with Stuart Goldfarb (gonna go out on a huge limb and assume you have no idea who he is). He is investing in startup tech firms all over the place. He has had articles written about him in Forbes, BusinessInsider, he has made appearances on CNBC marketwatch, spoken at Bloomberg Summit's. He is one of the more savvy dudes off the court in the league and this all started when he came to New York. The opportunities are endless here.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101972467
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11904296/new-york-knicks-forward-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

ManRam
06-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Multiple people I trust more than the guy in the OP are pretty boldly denying this...

KnicksorBust
06-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Philly is way better situation for him than NY. He would be lucky to go 3.

WITZ
06-21-2015, 09:45 PM
I think the Sixers will probably come to favor Porzingis anyway. He fits their mold as someone who can't really help them win yet. Russell might turn them into a 25-28 win team.

:laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2015, 09:57 PM

I think the Lakers are better for him than both NY and Philly

More-Than-Most
06-21-2015, 10:01 PM

i think the lakers should draft him... I think Rus gonna be the best player from the draft.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2015, 10:08 PM
who cares. if he's available and the Sixers thinks he's the best available they should just draft him. Nothing D'Angelo Russell can do about it. Sixers can control him for the next 7 years.

Steph Curry did not want to get drafted by the Warriors at all. He refused to work out for them too. He wanted to go to the Knicks who had the next pick after the Warriors selected him.

KnicksorBust
06-21-2015, 10:15 PM

How so? Playing with Kobe will be a disaster next year. On Philly he can run the offense and showcase his full arsenal of skills like Wiggins in Minnesota. Plus he needs a team that will kick him in the *** on defense and that crazy *** organization tracks practice.

LakerShow
06-21-2015, 10:24 PM
If I was him,I would not want to play for them too.

DillyDill
06-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Doesn't make any sense Sixers are the 4th largest market. Huge endorsement opportunities out their

Hawkeye15
06-21-2015, 10:49 PM
there is no doubt the Hinkie (Morey) approach might turn off players. They are looked at as assets, period.

But he really doesn't have a choice. They own him for 7 years if they draft him basically.

likemystylez
06-21-2015, 11:04 PM

This is true, but you dont want to bring someone in to be a cornerstone who doesnt want to be there. Its unfortunate that a player has the ability to put the team in this position, but nobody in any line of work would find it ideal to bring in someone who doesnt want to be there.

having said all that- a lot of times, the big market teams media starts rumors. I havent seen any direct quotes from him saying anything. I havent seen or heard any sound bites from his agent either. They are just rumors. When the warriors drafted curry- the NY media was spreading all sorts of rumors that curry didnt want to play for the warriors and that he really wanted to be a knick. LOl Funny, cuz when his rookie contract ended- I didnt hear im express any interest in NY. Infact he even signed at a very low rate 11 million/ yr with the warriors to stay on the team.

likemystylez
06-21-2015, 11:07 PM
This is true, but you dont want to bring someone in to be a cornerstone who doesnt want to be there. Its unfortunate that a player has the ability to put the team in this position, but nobody in any line of work would find it ideal to bring in someone who doesnt want to be there.

having said all that- a lot of times, the big market teams media starts rumors. I havent seen any direct quotes from him saying anything. I havent seen or heard any sound bites from his agent either. They are just rumors. When the warriors drafted curry- the NY media was spreading all sorts of rumors that curry didnt want to play for the warriors and that he really wanted to be a knick. LOl Funny, cuz when his rookie contract ended- I didnt hear im express any interest in NY. Infact he even signed at a very low rate 11 million/ yr with the warriors to stay on the team.

Another bad thing about a player refusing to play for certain teams. It kind of hurts your brand just as much as it helps you. You immediately get the reputation of a high maintenance player whos only in it for himself and doesnt feel the need to prove himself. That works if you can come into the league and immediately be a top 15 or 20 player, but if your a no name guy for your first couple yrs (which many young rookies are), you dont want to give out the impression that you are more interested in getting what you want than working to become a quality player int he league

BallIsAll
06-21-2015, 11:32 PM

Either* you wouldn't wanna play for them either. And I'm sure he'd play for any team. If Minnesota was looking at him with the top pick hed love to play there. If the Kings had the top pick and we're looking at him he'd love to play there too. These kids are blessed to do what they love and would play on any NBA team and be happy at least as rookies. If I was getting drafted this month id prefer to go to the lakers at 2 but if Minnesota picked me up at 1 you better believe I'd be wearing that hat as if it was gold.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2015, 11:34 PM

4th largest market/a ton of cap/Noel/Embiid/Saric and a ton of high draft picks and he will be in the east... You are right he should hate it here.

I get players are looked at as assets and we have been losing the past 3 years but our future is alot brighter than the knicks/lakers currently... We can spend more than both of those teams pretty easily with how much we have available... People seem to forget we were stuck in purgatory for years because we tried to hard to win by getting webber and then bynum and both times it blew up in our faces... We went this approach and it has given better results... we were a playoff pretender with bad contracts and old players... Now we are a bad team with all I have stated above.

BallIsAll
06-21-2015, 11:34 PM
This isn't free agency, free agents have more likely than not proved their worth. These kids have proved nothing any of them could easily turn into a bust. They are just happy to be in the league.

bucketss
06-21-2015, 11:42 PM
Doesn't make any sense Sixers are the 4th largest market. Huge endorsement opportunities out their

i think he just wants new york.

ewing
06-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Either* you wouldn't wanna play for them either. And I'm sure he'd play for any team. If Minnesota was looking at him with the top pick hed love to play there. If the Kings had the top pick and we're looking at him he'd love to play there too. These kids are blessed to do what they love and would play on any NBA team and be happy at least as rookies. If I was getting drafted this month id prefer to go to the lakers at 2 but if Minnesota picked me up at 1 you better believe I'd be wearing that hat as if it was gold.

what? i would want to not play for them too

Ty Fast
06-22-2015, 12:49 AM
If I'm Philly I take Russell and hope he plays for the Sixers, but if he dosnt wanna play there you could trade him for a nice package.

Scoots
06-22-2015, 02:50 AM
Another bad thing about a player refusing to play for certain teams. It kind of hurts your brand just as much as it helps you. You immediately get the reputation of a high maintenance player whos only in it for himself and doesnt feel the need to prove himself. That works if you can come into the league and immediately be a top 15 or 20 player, but if your a no name guy for your first couple yrs (which many young rookies are), you dont want to give out the impression that you are more interested in getting what you want than working to become a quality player int he league

Kobe did it and was not immediately a top 15 or 20 players. People forget very quickly.

SMH!
06-22-2015, 02:51 AM

Steph Curry didnt want to play for the Warriors but he played fine right?

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2015, 03:01 AM
Why not play for the Sixers? Russell/Noel/Embiid+lots of capspace is just as good as whatever the Knicks have right now. Also less pressure on you in Philly than being in NY

IBleedPurple
06-22-2015, 03:03 AM
Why not play for the Sixers? Russell/Noel/Embiid+lots of capspace is just as good as whatever the Knicks have right now. Also less pressure on you in Philly than being in NYBecause they lose, are ok with it, bail on good players, and have no future outlook that is remotely positive?

More-Than-Most
06-22-2015, 03:29 AM
Because they lose, are ok with it, bail on good players, and have no future outlook that is remotely positive?

Actually they have an amazing future out luck... They do lose but tried to win for years and got screwed multiple times for it... They dont bail on good players... They make smart trades and get rid of overrated players while their stock is the highest it will be... Jrue and MCW.... We got a Noel and a huge pick for MCW... I think those 2 trades turned out fantastic seeing as Noel--both of them by a good bit.

Lol no positive future outluck... Noel/Embiid/Saric/4 first round draft picks next year and Russel or Oka or Mudlay or Por.... On top of a top 4 market and the most cap space in all of basketball... NO FUTURE POSITIVE OUTLOOK THOUGH LAWL.

Kyben36
06-22-2015, 04:25 AM
not going to lie, the 76ers are a backwards *** team that has no chance of moving foward under current management. Poor Philly fans claiming next year, if Embid his healthy, and he is the Best Center since Shaq, then you will be scared, im sorry, but a team like the Thunder didnt build by tanking, they at least tried to win, tanking like this has to hurt players moral and ability. and to think if you get good, they would trade your for a pick.

I feel Bad for Philly Fans, im not sure that they will get out of this slump any time soon. as of right now, they are the joke of the league. im not sure of any player who would want to sign there, or be drafted by them at this point.

Kyben36
06-22-2015, 04:30 AM
Why not play for the Sixers? Russell/Noel/Embiid+lots of capspace is just as good as whatever the Knicks have right now. Also less pressure on you in Philly than being in NY

Russel, and unproven guard, Embid, potentially the new Oden, and Noel, a 10ppg scorer on potentially the worst team in the nba.

Cap space or not, nobody will go there, who are they going to sign.

I think the Scaries thing is, even though they have young players, they have no vet leadership at all. so these player are growing based on a coach, that, heavens knows, could be the shitiest coach in the nba, but its hard to say, when you dont give him any tallent.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2015, 05:20 AM
not going to lie, the 76ers are a backwards *** team that has no chance of moving foward under current management. Poor Philly fans claiming next year, if Embid his healthy, and he is the Best Center since Shaq, then you will be scared, im sorry, but a team like the Thunder didnt build by tanking, they at least tried to win, tanking like this has to hurt players moral and ability. and to think if you get good, they would trade your for a pick.

I feel Bad for Philly Fans, im not sure that they will get out of this slump any time soon. as of right now, they are the joke of the league. im not sure of any player who would want to sign there, or be drafted by them at this point.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Durant-recalls-tanking-gives-Sixers-advice.html

Um they tanked hella hard... This is what I mean... Should look up facts before spewing stuff like this,

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2015, 06:43 AM

I think a lot of us Sixers fan expect a 25+ win team. I think a lot of us say the actual tear down part is complete and they will start to build a team. We have a good group of bench players, Noel proved he can play, we have Saric, hopefully Embiid, a ton of draft picks (5 second rounders this year, potentially 4 first rounders next year) and I expect us to make a run at some good young players (this off season with restricted contracts) hoping there team does not match.

Regardless, Russell (or Mudaiy or Winslow, I believe we trade 3 if we don't get russel and get one of them), Saric (who I believe has his contract bought out), Noel, hopefully Embiid and bench players like Covnington, Wroten (I love him as a bench player). Sims, and of course Grant are nice bench pieces...heck even Ish and Canaan are not bad last guys on the bench types.

I don't think we are in bad shape and I know I'm not on board with another year of rebuild, the owner in recent radio interviews does not sound like he wants to be rebuilding, and I do believe our tear down is complete and now we will start putting pieces together. We should still be quite bad next year and maybe the year after that, but after that we could be a nice young team that has been playing together for a while.

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2015, 06:47 AM
i think he just wants new york.

This I would actually believe. I think its more of a if it was up to me but I'll go to wherever I'm drafted type of attitude.

QueensG_718
06-22-2015, 07:13 AM
The way sam hickie has been running things lately i dont blame him at all

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Russel, and unproven guard, Embid, potentially the new Oden, and Noel, a 10ppg scorer on potentially the worst team in the nba.

Cap space or not, nobody will go there, who are they going to sign.

I think the Scaries thing is, even though they have young players, they have no vet leadership at all. so these player are growing based on a coach, that, heavens knows, could be the shitiest coach in the nba, but its hard to say, when you dont give him any tallent.

lol so much ignorance in this post.

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2015, 07:45 AM
and btw this rumor has already been debunked. he worked out for us on wednesday.

JasonJohnHorn
06-22-2015, 08:37 AM
This is what happens when you tank for three straight years. You build a losing culture, and even when you get talented players, none of them want to stay. And when it comes to drafting players, none of them want to come to your team.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 08:51 AM

lol where did i say anything about Melo losing? I dont have to tell a Knicks fan about Melo losing throughout his career.

You must not be paying much attention or just don't know where to look then. "Off the court" is more than showing up in commercials. Melo has his own venture capital firm that he started with Stuart Goldfarb (gonna go out on a huge limb and assume you have no idea who he is). He is investing in startup tech firms all over the place. He has had articles written about him in Forbes, BusinessInsider, he has made appearances on CNBC marketwatch, spoken at Bloomberg Summit's. He is one of the more savvy dudes off the court in the league and this all started when he came to New York. The opportunities are endless here.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11904296/new-york-knicks-forward-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

i know Melo is involved in tons of stuff we wont normally hear about but my point is that it doesnt amtter where you play bcuz if you are good, prob more so great the endorsements will follow no matter what. i.e. Westbrook, KD, Curry, Parker, etc. Im tried of hearing so many NY and La fans try to use the huge market and more exposure to endorsement stuff crap as a selling point when its simply not true.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Not sure I would. Have to deal with Melo or Kobe jacking up 30 shots a game. These kids should be grateful just being drafted. It's like winning the lottery. Their set first year if they spend it wisely.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2015, 09:43 AM
why would he volunteer for that? thats part of consequences for throwing multiple seasons for picks and "flexibility" nobody takes your organization seriously.

likemystylez
06-22-2015, 09:55 AM
4th largest market/a ton of cap/Noel/Embiid/Saric and a ton of high draft picks and he will be in the east... You are right he should hate it here.

I get players are looked at as assets and we have been losing the past 3 years but our future is alot brighter than the knicks/lakers currently... We can spend more than both of those teams pretty easily with how much we have available... People seem to forget we were stuck in purgatory for years because we tried to hard to win by getting webber and then bynum and both times it blew up in our faces... We went this approach and it has given better results... we were a playoff pretender with bad contracts and old players... Now we are a bad team with all I have stated above.

Im confused- are those players a selling point?

Stunner
06-22-2015, 10:01 AM
@basketballtalk: New report says D’Angelo Russell would be just fine playing in Philadelphia http://t.co/1rfTFHKcX4

valade16
06-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Actually they have an amazing future out luck... They do lose but tried to win for years and got screwed multiple times for it... They dont bail on good players... They make smart trades and get rid of overrated players while their stock is the highest it will be... Jrue and MCW.... We got a Noel and a huge pick for MCW... I think those 2 trades turned out fantastic seeing as Noel--both of them by a good bit.

Lol no positive future outluck... Noel/Embiid/Saric/4 first round draft picks next year and Russel or Oka or Mudlay or Por.... On top of a top 4 market and the most cap space in all of basketball... NO FUTURE POSITIVE OUTLOOK THOUGH LAWL.

there are always 2 sides to every story.

There are rumors Embiid might miss next season meaning he's officially on watch as the next Oden.

Saric is not playing for the 76ers next season and maybe beyond.

They got the 3rd pick this season meaning they missed out on the consensus top 2 players

At this point, from what we KNOW about their players, they are less likely to be the next Thunder than people want to admit.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-22-2015, 10:24 AM
I would guess a majority of players would rather play in NY/LA than Philly.

But, just because its not his top choice doesnt mean Philly shouldnt draft him. I'm sure he'll be happy to play anywhere.

TheIlladelph16
06-22-2015, 11:10 AM

:laugh:

Yeah the Thunder who traded their two best players after drafting Durant and then proceeded to draft in the Top 5 the next two years didn't tank... I love the narratives that people build to justify stupid points.

Burkey3472
06-22-2015, 11:34 AM
My guess is Russell would prefer to play in NY and LA because it is a better place to market your brand but he isn't going to demand a trade if Philadelphia drafts him.

Scoots
06-22-2015, 11:54 AM
lol so much ignorance in this post.

When are the Sixers going to start trying to win again?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Markets don't mean much when your winning. David Robinson/Tim Duncan Spurs or Reggie Millers Pacers. Them aren't the top market areas. No one complained there. Seems like the tables turned with Lakers. Was the cats meow. But with Howard bolting and Kobe old now. Only young asset is Randle. Free agents maybe go there by getting over paid when their desperate for named players. Look at how desperate they were to eat Boozer and Lin.

Knicks last big free agents were Stat and Chandler. But Stat was damaged goods on arrival. I remember back with big market Bulls. They wanted either Grant Hill or Tim Duncan or TMac. They ended up with Ron Mercer. So goes by the talent you have already and how much you're willing to pay. Players only take discounts when your a championship contender.

Stinkyoutsider
06-22-2015, 12:13 PM
It's a shame that Russell doesn't really get to choose where he's playing during his rookie contract.

I think if teams could sell the rights to another team, both the teams and the players would benefit. Russell could play at a team he wants to play for while the 6ers could get a nice payout depending on Russell's worth (throw a number out there like $15 million). The team who Russell signs for would have to pay and the 6ers could make some cash off of drafting Russell and moving him on.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-22-2015, 12:17 PM
It's a shame that Russell doesn't really get to choose where he's playing during his rookie contract.

I think if teams could sell the rights to another team, both the teams and the players would benefit. Russell could play at a team he wants to play for while the 6ers could get a nice payout depending on Russell's worth (throw a number out there like $15 million). The team who Russell signs for would have to pay and the 6ers could make some cash off of drafting Russell and moving him on.

Doubt 76ers just take cash as compensation. Would have to be a near equal pick in same range and other incentives.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 12:32 PM
this report is 100% false anyway. He is going to be happy winning ROY in Philly.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 12:34 PM
When are the Sixers going to start trying to win again?

who says we're not trying? i watched players play their *** all season while finishing as a top 10 defense in the league.

MassoDio
06-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Double post

MassoDio
06-22-2015, 12:59 PM
It blows me away that so many people attack Philly for the way they are going about their rebuild. The way that the NBA is currently set up, it is the most effective way to rebuild a team. (Speaking from a business stand point.) The NBA IS A BUSINESS. Run by business men and women.

The best way to rebuild from a business stand point, is to get rid of all large contracts, stink for a little while, and build through the draft. That being the case, why knock a business for doing what is smart?

Lakers fans and Knicks fans should really not have anything bad to say about the 76ers. Your teams are in a different stratosphere in terms of how they CAN run their business. Not all teams have the luxuries they do, and never will, no matter how good they are. So in order to attempt to be competitive, other teams have to work differently. It is the nature of how the NBA is set up and how those largest markets use their advantages.

As for Russel not wanting to play for Philly...the rumor has already been debunked. Aside from that, it doesn't matter if he wants to play for them anyways. The days of rookies forcing their way to teams they want to play for are gone. Besides, I don't think he is going to complain once he is drafted and is handed the keys to a team and told to go make himself a star.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2015, 01:20 PM
It blows me away that so many people attack Philly for the way they are going about their rebuild. The way that the NBA is currently set up, it is the most effective way to rebuild a team. (Speaking from a business stand point.) The NBA IS A BUSINESS. Run by business men and women.

The best way to rebuild from a business stand point, is to get rid of all large contracts, stink for a little while, and build through the draft. That being the case, why knock a business for doing what is smart?

Lakers fans and Knicks fans should really not have anything bad to say about the 76ers. Your teams are in a different stratosphere in terms of how they CAN run their business. Not all teams have the luxuries they do, and never will, no matter how good they are. So in order to attempt to be competitive, other teams have to work differently. It is the nature of how the NBA is set up and how those largest markets use their advantages.

As for Russel not wanting to play for Philly...the rumor has already been debunked. Aside from that, it doesn't matter if he wants to play for them anyways. The days of rookies forcing their way to teams they want to play for are gone. Besides, I don't think he is going to complain once he is drafted and is handed the keys to a team and told to go make himself a star.

Its easy to play virtual gm and talk long term benefits when you're not the one that has to play.The reality of the situation is no real competitor is going to be overjoyed to play for a team who's business plan is "hey we're going to totally suck for a while, like laughingstock suck, but if everything falls in place one day we MIGHT be really good for years to come!...Just be content with playing hard and losing for a few years."

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 01:32 PM
yet the Knicks were the ones who were the laughing stock this year, not the Sixers. Like I said quite possibly the least talented team in the entire league was a top 10 defense by seasons end. Thats how you know a rebuild is progressing, the next step is offense with hopefully Embiid and Russell this year.

MassoDio
06-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Its easy to play virtual gm and talk long term benefits when you're not the one that has to play.The reality of the situation is no real competitor is going to be overjoyed to play for a team who's business plan is "hey we're going to totally suck for a while, like laughingstock suck, but if everything falls in place one day we MIGHT be really good for years to come!...Just be content with playing hard and losing for a few years."

There are plenty of players that want to play for Philly. Young guys who want playing time to showcase themselves mainly. And again, the very reasons you mention are the reason they are building through the draft, as well as being a consequence of building through the daft at the same time.

And no one in the 76ers organization is saying any of that. That is all fan talk. Well, I should say, it is all fan talk from fans of big market teams. The fans of small market teams, for the most part, completely understand what they are doing.

You want to complain about this strategy, complain about the NBA execs, owners, and players union for agreeing to rules that make this the only real way to rebuild in a way that is an attempt to build something more than a middle of the pack, barely in or barely out of the playoffs.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Nobody wants to play for tanking Sixers

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 01:53 PM

lol bcuz they wanna play for the 17 win Knicks so so bad right now.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 01:59 PM
lol bcuz they wanna play for the 17 win Knicks so so bad right now.

Better losing in NY than in Philly. I would prefer playing with Melo under Phil on a big stage than with Noel + no names.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2015, 02:25 PM
Better losing in NY than in Philly. I would prefer playing with Melo under Phil on a big stage than with Noel + no names.

This and in pretty sure 90% of the league feels the same way. Philly just isn't appealing and the fact they've been losing for quite some times and are proud of it makes it worse. With that said its out of Russell's hands if he didn't want to go there!

Westbrook36
06-22-2015, 02:26 PM

It's amazing and comical at the same time how people don't understand the difference between the two concepts of rebuilding and tanking.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 02:32 PM
It's amazing and comical at the same time how people don't understand the difference between the two concepts of rebuilding and tanking.

Sixers will be losing for another 2-3 years. I´m expecting Knicks with some summer moves to be in play off next season (partly bc of weak east, but it doesn´t matter)

Westbrook36
06-22-2015, 02:37 PM
This and in pretty sure 90% of the league feels the same way. Philly just isn't appealing and the fact they've been losing for quite some times and are proud of it makes it worse. With that said its out of Russell's hands if he didn't want to go there!

What are you even spewing out right now? I'm amazed man..:laugh2:

After the Bynum deal the ONLY option was to rebuild the franchise. The front office changed, coaching, and plenty of players were moved. What fan base would be "proud" of a losing culture? Don't generalize statements acting as if you know what the people of Philadelphia feel or believe.

When you rebuild you:

1. Minimize salary
2. Acquire premium young talent
3. Develop young talent

The NBA is a star driven league, no?
Where do you get young potential star talent? You would say the NBA draft, no?

Through all the bashing and ripping of the 76ers for the losing streak and not signing subpar talent that only hinders the development of the younger talent we still haven't even had the worst record in the NBA any of those seasons.

I can tell by previous post that you are the type of person that bashed the 76ers when we moved subpar talent in Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner for second rounders, but praised Phil Jackson for doing that with Jr Smith and Iman Shumpert.

mjarmentasr
06-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Losing is contagious. Do it for too long and it becomes part of the culture. I always thought of the Sixers as one of the preeminent franchises of the league along with the Lakers, Celtics, and Pistons. Bulls came along later for me.

lately I've been categorizing them as Clippers East.

Defend them all you want. But if players don't want to come play for you, then the reality is new kids coming into the league look at the Sixers, and the first thing they think is loser.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2015, 02:51 PM
What are you even spewing out right now? I'm amazed man..:laugh2:

After the Bynum deal the ONLY option was to rebuild the franchise. The front office changed, coaching, and plenty of players were moved. What fan base would be "proud" of a losing culture? Don't generalize statements acting as if you know what the people of Philadelphia feel or believe.

When you rebuild you:

1. Minimize salary
2. Acquire premium young talent
3. Develop young talent

The NBA is a star driven league, no?
Where do you get young potential star talent? You would say the NBA draft, no?

Through all the bashing and ripping of the 76ers for the losing streak and not signing subpar talent that only hinders the development of the younger talent we still haven't even had the worst record in the NBA any of those seasons.

I can tell by previous post that you are the type of person that bashed the 76ers when we moved subpar talent in Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner for second rounders, but praised Phil Jackson for doing that with Jr Smith and Iman Shumpert.

:laugh2: If you watched the finals you realize JR Smith and Shump are TRASH. I get the Spencer Hawes trade but Turner? He's not bad in fact he's the type of glue guy you want on a winning team.

You drafted MCW, and what do you do? Give up on him even after winning rookie of the year

Boat load of cap space yet not spending some of that in quality free agents. And even with the players you have now you guys are still YEARS away from being consider a playoff team.

Saric won't be in the league for another 2 yrs

Embiid hasn't even step on the court yet so he's an unknown.

You had McDaniels who was a decent player with upside (oh yeah you traded him as well)

Noel is your only selling piece and he's mainly a defensive big with limited offense.

Westbrook36
06-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Sixers will be losing for another 2-3 years. I´m expecting Knicks with some summer moves to be in play off next season (partly bc of weak east, but it doesn´t matter)

The Bucks went from the worst record in the NBA to making the playoffs last season. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that the 76ers make a turn earlier than expected. Now a lot of that would depend on the health of Embiid with the bone with notoriously slow healing and Saric coming over the states after this season.

We've heard the talk about the Knicks making a splash in FA and being contenders for the past few seasons. I could see them making the playoffs next season for sure and potentially even winning a series. I could just as likely see them miss out on the big fish of free agency or be bounced in the first round of the playoffs or not make the playoffs at all (Likely due to another Melo injury).

Tony_Starks
06-22-2015, 02:52 PM

There are plenty of players that want to play for Philly. Young guys who want playing time to showcase themselves mainly. And again, the very reasons you mention are the reason they are building through the draft, as well as being a consequence of building through the daft at the same time.

And no one in the 76ers organization is saying any of that. That is all fan talk. Well, I should say, it is all fan talk from fans of big market teams. The fans of small market teams, for the most part, completely understand what they are doing.

You want to complain about this strategy, complain about the NBA execs, owners, and players union for agreeing to rules that make this the only real way to rebuild in a way that is an attempt to build something more than a middle of the pack, barely in or barely out of the playoffs.

Im not complaining about the strategy. If they feel that's the only way out then so be it.

I'm saying when you go the route they are going it shouldn't be a shocker when players don't want any part of it.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 02:53 PM

whats the difference, losing is losing dude espcially when both are top 4 markets. Lets not forget NY is Melo and a bunch of NO NAMES

since when is 2 years quite some time? The Knicks have been worse than the Sixers overall for a long time now (not saying much). Like I said would you rather be handed the keys to a storied franchise thats building towards something (for better or worse) or watch melo take 25 shots a night on a team that doesnt have time to wait for talent to develop?

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 03:00 PM
also for the 50th time the report isnt accurate and he came out today and said it himself

Tony_Starks
06-22-2015, 03:03 PM
also for the 50th time the report isnt accurate and he came out today and said it himself

As opposed to saying "of course it's true, the team is garbage?"

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 03:03 PM
whats the difference, losing is losing dude espcially when both are top 4 markets. Lets not forget NY is Melo and a bunch of NO NAMES

Thing is that Knicks will give you as a player boost of popularity, NY fans are crazy and they will hype you up a lot, you will be on a media spotlight all the time, big chance that Knicks will overpay you later and so on. On a Philly? It´s a great sport city but nobody now gives a damn about Sixers. I bet that rookies before draft are praying for not to go here.
p.s. Im not even Knicks fan thats just fact, the same with Lakers/Celtics

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 03:09 PM

it was reported by DX yesterday too. Lets not pretend like he wouldnt be walking into garbage in NY ya know the team who lost more games with a "super star" player and "mastermind" President

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Thing is that Knicks will give you as a player boost of popularity, NY fans are crazy and they will hype you up a lot, you will be on a media spotlight all the time, big chance that Knicks will overpay you later and so on. On a Philly? It´s a great sport city but nobody now gives a damn about Sixers. I bet that rookies before draft are praying for not to go here.
p.s. Im not even Knicks fan thats just fact, the same with Lakers/Celtics

all of this reasoning is ridiculous and inaccurate on so many levels

Tony_Starks
06-22-2015, 03:13 PM

it was reported by DX yesterday too. Lets not pretend like he wouldnt be walking into garbage in NY ya know the team who lost more games with a "super star" player and "mastermind" President

Oh he most definitely would,that's for sure. Pretty sure he'd rather have the garbage with the NY perks tho.

Im not a Knick fan btw, makes me no nevermind where he ends up.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 03:15 PM
what perks in NY are any different than any other city.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 03:23 PM
all of this reasoning is ridiculous and inaccurate on so many levels

How? Because you don´t like it doesn´t matter that it is incorect

Blitzace137
06-22-2015, 03:28 PM
what perks in NY are any different than any other city.

You can't be serious? A lot more buisness opportunities in NY. Night life is better (if the player is into that), playing in MSG? A lot more media exposure to build you're brand. It depends on the player really, b/c not everyone is built for the city life, if they like the big stage than their is no place like NY or LA.

MassoDio
06-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Im not complaining about the strategy. If they feel that's the only way out then so be it.

I'm saying when you go the route they are going it shouldn't be a shocker when players don't want any part of it.

If you are one who is complaining...then I wasn't talking about you in any of my statements. I am talking about those who trash the organization, which is ridiculous.

It doesn't matter, right now, if free agents want to go there. I have not seen one young player on the team make any remarks about a "losing culture". And when you watch that team play last year, the players to the last man, played hard constantly. That isn't what would be described as a "losing culture".

The entire point of what the Sixers are doing is to get their stars through the draft. Not through FA or trades. That being said, when they feel they have that, or the making of that, they will most likely go sign roll players. Roll players are always attainable. It doesn't matter how bad your franchise has been, or for how long, roll players will sign. They don't have the luxury of being as picky. Roll players sign where they can. So again, I don't see the down side, or the players revolting, or players talking down about the organization. The vitriol spewed by fans on this site is just absurd.

(And I am not a Sixers fan, just to be clear)

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 03:44 PM
You can't be serious? A lot more buisness opportunities in NY. Night life is better (if the player is into that), playing in MSG? A lot more media exposure to build you're brand. It depends on the player really, b/c not everyone is built for the city life, if they like the big stage than their is no place like NY or LA.

such a load of crap. i said it earlier and ill say it again if you are a star it doesnt matter where you play hence guys like Curry and Westbrook being bigger than Melo despite being in smaller markets. If you wanna talk perks lets not ignore Russ gets paid more if the Sixers draft him on his rookie deal.

i hate the nightlife argument too, its weak. These are multi millionaires who can go wherever they want in the world in the offseason, hell during the season. If a players concern is something like that in seasn then i dont want him on my team anyway.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 03:46 PM
How? Because you don´t like it doesn´t matter that it is incorect

bcuz you cant prove any of what you said. you just made up a bunch of stuff.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 03:55 PM
National TV NBA schedule 2014:
Lakers 20
Knicks 16

Philla 0 .. Not a single one. Thats what I´m talking about

Blitzace137
06-22-2015, 04:06 PM
such a load of crap. i said it earlier and ill say it again if you are a star it doesnt matter where you play hence guys like Curry and Westbrook being bigger than Melo despite being in smaller markets. If you wanna talk perks lets not ignore Russ gets paid more if the Sixers draft him on his rookie deal.

i hate the nightlife argument too, its weak. These are multi millionaires who can go wherever they want in the world in the offseason, hell during the season. If a players concern is something like that in seasn then i dont want him on my team anyway.

There are more business oppurtunities in NY "the Business capital of the world" that is a fact. Russell can make up the minimal amount more Philly gives him being picked third instead of four, in no time in NY. Playing in MSG every home game is a perk, I'm basing this on what players have said over the years not my own personal bias. Other perks like broadway shows amongst other things to do in the city is a perk. I'm not saying he can't be an exception like Westbrook or Curry but their is a lot more oppurtunities in NY and LA imo.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 04:46 PM
those business opportunities are there rather you play in NY or not.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2015, 04:51 PM

he could have ya know just not said anything if it was true :shrug:

Westbrook36
06-22-2015, 05:07 PM
:laugh2: If you watched the finals you realize JR Smith and Shump are TRASH. I get the Spencer Hawes trade but Turner? He's not bad in fact he's the type of glue guy you want on a winning team.

You drafted MCW, and what do you do? Give up on him even after winning rookie of the year

Boat load of cap space yet not spending some of that in quality free agents. And even with the players you have now you guys are still YEARS away from being consider a playoff team.

Saric won't be in the league for another 2 yrs

Embiid hasn't even step on the court yet so he's an unknown.

You had McDaniels who was a decent player with upside (oh yeah you traded him as well)

Noel is your only selling piece and he's mainly a defensive big with limited offense.

Phil made the right move by shipping both of them out, offers extra cap and Jr is always a head case. Long term flexibility is key, something that the 76ers are laying out the opportunity to achieve. Turner was an unrestricted free agent that is going to want 8-10 million per year..Given that we are rebuilding the need for him definitely wasn't there.

MCW was a value trade, the Lakers pick should be fairly good next season. Along with the layout of our roster and the recent struggles of point guards who can't shoot.

That's one of the worst things you could ever do. Overspend during the early stages of a rebuild for subpar talent that only floats you closer to mediocrity. Instead of doing that he's doing low risk, high reward signings of young players such as Covington/Grant that haven't had a chance to prove themselves. Then when we have a core of talent grabbing measly role players won't be a problem.

A perfect example of above is the Pistons signing Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith.

Saric has an opt out clause after this season, although he may stick around in Turkey for another season due to the collective bargaining. Even if he does that he's only 21 year old right now and we all saw how well Nikola Mirotic played after he waited a few seasons to come over. Saric has that type of talent to impact similarly and he's been proving it over in the 2nd best league in the world. Just because he's not over here now doesn't mean that he's not part of the future, that's short sighted thinking.

Along with that..Looking back with some hindsight I would have traded Jrue Holiday for Noel straight up. Hinkie managed to swindle an extra first rounder (our own from Magic) AND Saric out of that.

Embiid is an unknown, no denying that one. The talent is the moon...

KJ was one that I was surprised happened, but in the end we needed a point guard badly. Canaan played fairly well and should be a nice backup point guard for us. While KJ McDaniels couldn't crack the Rockets rotation..

Blitzace137
06-22-2015, 05:18 PM

That's not true, just go ask Carmelo who played in Denver. Ask Amare how much more opportunities he had here opposed to Phoenix.

Scoots
06-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Not trolling, but I find it funny how on-board Sixers fans are with Hinkie's team. I supported the Warriors tanking the year they got Barnes, Green, and Ezeli. That tank year lead directly to this title. But they were in the playoffs the next year. When are the Sixers going to start playing for this year rather than the next draft?

futureman
06-22-2015, 06:11 PM
HA HA! That sorry *** basketball team tanked for nothing. Just like last season with Embiid who will never step on the court.

IBleedPurple
06-22-2015, 06:33 PM

That's not true, just go ask Carmelo who played in Denver. Ask Amare how much more opportunities he had here opposed to Phoenix.For endorsements, Melo got 6 million in Denver in 2010, and 8 million last year in NYC. That hype is way overblown. You just see him on billboards in a bigger city instead of Denver.

5ass
06-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Phil made the right move by shipping both of them out, offers extra cap and Jr is always a head case. Long term flexibility is key, something that the 76ers are laying out the opportunity to achieve. Turner was an unrestricted free agent that is going to want 8-10 million per year..Given that we are rebuilding the need for him definitely wasn't there.

MCW was a value trade, the Lakers pick should be fairly good next season. Along with the layout of our roster and the recent struggles of point guards who can't shoot.

That's one of the worst things you could ever do. Overspend during the early stages of a rebuild for subpar talent that only floats you closer to mediocrity. Instead of doing that he's doing low risk, high reward signings of young players such as Covington/Grant that haven't had a chance to prove themselves. Then when we have a core of talent grabbing measly role players won't be a problem.

A perfect example of above is the Pistons signing Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith.

Saric has an opt out clause after this season, although he may stick around in Turkey for another season due to the collective bargaining. Even if he does that he's only 21 year old right now and we all saw how well Nikola Mirotic played after he waited a few seasons to come over. Saric has that type of talent to impact similarly and he's been proving it over in the 2nd best league in the world. Just because he's not over here now doesn't mean that he's not part of the future, that's short sighted thinking.

Along with that..Looking back with some hindsight I would have traded Jrue Holiday for Noel straight up. Hinkie managed to swindle an extra first rounder (our own from Magic) AND Saric out of that.

Embiid is an unknown, no denying that one. The talent is the moon...

KJ was one that I was surprised happened, but in the end we needed a point guard badly. Canaan played fairly well and should be a nice backup point guard for us. While KJ McDaniels couldn't crack the Rockets rotation..

That sixers pick thatvthe magic owned would've turned into a 2nd with the way the sixers are tanking since it was protected. So really hinkie traded a stud in Payton for someone who wont even play an NBA game for 2-3 years and a couple of 2nds.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 06:42 PM
HA HA! That sorry *** basketball team tanked for nothing. Just like last season with Embiid who will never step on the court.

sig bet he plays before the AS break this year?

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 06:45 PM
That sixers pick thatvthe magic owned would've turned into a 2nd with the way the sixers are tanking since it was protected. So really hinkie traded a stud in Payton for someone who wont even play an NBA game for 2-3 years and a couple of 2nds.

Payton is not a stud and that trade just proves that MCW was never shopped from our end.

5ass
06-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Payton is not a stud and that trade just proves that MCW was never shopped from our end.

We'll see what Payton becomes. Could easily be the best guard in the draft.
But let me follow your logic, if Payton isn't a stud how does it prove MCW wasn't shopped?

PhillyFaninLA
06-22-2015, 06:53 PM

And they will be stuck as a mediocre team for the next decade as a low playoff.

They also stunk when they where trying to be good....the Sixers are orchestrating a rebuild not trying to be good and failing at it like the Chicks did last year

Blitzace137
06-22-2015, 07:04 PM
For endorsements, Melo got 6 million in Denver in 2010, and 8 million last year in NYC. That hype is way overblown. You just see him on billboards in a bigger city instead of Denver.

Not just endorsements, I'm talking about business opportunities. Look up all of the business Melo got involved in directly after he was traded to NY. Look at D-Leethal's post a couple of pages back.

tp13baby
06-22-2015, 07:28 PM
If true, the 76ers screwed themselves tanking. This would be an awesome backfire.

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 08:02 PM
We'll see what Payton becomes. Could easily be the best guard in the draft.
But let me follow your logic, if Payton isn't a stud how does it prove MCW wasn't shopped?

i didnt Payton not being a stud was the reason. We took Payton solely to trade him to you guys bcuz we had MCW and they will likely end up similar players anyway

5ass
06-22-2015, 08:10 PM
i didnt Payton not being a stud was the reason. We took Payton solely to trade him to you guys bcuz we had MCW and they will likely end up similar players anyway

Ok, so how does that have anything to do with MCW being shopped? He could've been shopping him regardless.

I doubt they become similar players. I think Payton will easily be the better defender and better decision maker in terms of shooting and passing, making him more efficient offensively. MCW might be better at scoring, but he doesn't do that efficiently so its not much of a plus. You haven't watched enough of Payton if you think they're similar players. The only similarity is that they can't shoot (yet).

2-ONE-5
06-22-2015, 09:07 PM
dont agree but i cant blame you since Payton is on your team. Also not up for a debate about these 2 since it has nothing to so with this

5ass
06-22-2015, 09:23 PM
dont agree but i cant blame you since Payton is on your team. Also not up for a debate about these 2 since it has nothing to so with this

Don't agree with what exactly? That they're not similar players? Payton doesn't shoot as much or turn the ball over as much as MCW. Therefore he's more efficient offensively.

I can't blame you for not seeing that because you think Hinkle is God almighty. Anyway, you're right this isn't the discussion. The discussion started when you said the Payton trade is proof that MCW wasn't being shopped, which is not true. The two things are mutually exclusive.

IBleedPurple
06-22-2015, 10:59 PM
For endorsements, Melo got 6 million in Denver in 2010, and 8 million last year in NYC. That hype is way overblown. You just see him on billboards in a bigger city instead of Denver.

Not just endorsements, I'm talking about business opportunities. Look up all of the business Melo got involved in directly after he was traded to NY. Look at D-Leethal's post a couple of pages back.Gotcha

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 04:17 AM
And they will be stuck as a mediocre team for the next decade as a low playoff.

They also stunk when they where trying to be good....the Sixers are orchestrating a rebuild not trying to be good and failing at it like the Chicks did last year

Knicks will make the playoffs players would love to come here. Philla will tank forever bc every prospect will leave when he can. Players are tired of loosing every year for adding some 19 yo rookies.

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2015, 04:40 AM
Knicks will make the playoffs players would love to come here. Philla will tank forever bc every prospect will leave when he can. Players are tired of loosing every year for adding some 19 yo rookies.

I'd rather do what the Sixers are doing and have a chance, then try and be good, fail, be terrible, then strive to be a 5 - 8 playoff team for the next 10 - 20 years.

You can't even win with a superstar so talk as much trash as you want. We at least rebuilding and not hiding that, we aren't trying to be good but failing so bad like the Knicks.

When your team is worse then mine, you don't really have a leg to stand on in this argument. We started this 2 and half years ago, got rid of our salaries, got good young players (mostly good bench players), 6 picks this year, possibly 4 first rounders next year, and if you look at the history of the franchises, the Sixers have been more successful. We have more wins and more titles.

So not only do we have a plan we are trying, we also have a better history, so shut your mouth and learn facts, and don't rip a team that is trying to build something special knowing full well it takes time and luck when your team tries and fails horrifically and your goal is to be mediocre long term.

Knicks fans don't really have much of a leg to stand on when trashing other teams....also the Sixers had a top 10 defense last year so you can say what you want, but without much starter talent and without much offense we still had a top 10 defense.....and you tried to have a good team and where terrible....and your team isn't as historically successful.

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2015, 05:12 AM
Finals Yrs in Yrs in
Franchise Wins Finals Playoffs W L
Los Angeles Lakers 16 31 60 3218 2069
Boston Celtics 17 21 53 3173 2223
Philadelphia 76ers 3 9 47 2716 2506
New York Knickerbockers 2 8 40 2669 2724

Sixers 1 more title, 1 more finals appearance, more years in the playoffs, more wins, fewer loses, all time record over .500

Yeah so keep talking trash

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2015, 05:20 AM

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 06:26 AM
I'd rather do what the Sixers are doing and have a chance, then try and be good, fail, be terrible, then strive to be a 5 - 8 playoff team for the next 10 - 20 years.

You can't even win with a superstar so talk as much trash as you want. We at least rebuilding and not hiding that, we aren't trying to be good but failing so bad like the Knicks.

When your team is worse then mine, you don't really have a leg to stand on in this argument. We started this 2 and half years ago, got rid of our salaries, got good young players (mostly good bench players), 6 picks this year, possibly 4 first rounders next year, and if you look at the history of the franchises, the Sixers have been more successful. We have more wins and more titles.

So not only do we have a plan we are trying, we also have a better history, so shut your mouth and learn facts, and don't rip a team that is trying to build something special knowing full well it takes time and luck when your team tries and fails horrifically and your goal is to be mediocre long term.

Knicks fans don't really have much of a leg to stand on when trashing other teams....also the Sixers had a top 10 defense last year so you can say what you want, but without much starter talent and without much offense we still had a top 10 defense.....and you tried to have a good team and where terrible....and your team isn't as historically successful.

Man i´m not Knicks fan. I don´t like them either. But if you lose on purpose for like 3 years in the row just to get good lottery picks its a degradation of the game. Nobody, free agents or rookies, would not want to play for team like that. Winning culture is more important that some people think.
I like what is Noel showing so far, i like Embiid potencial even if he may be sitting another months on the bench and I like somewhat Saric, don´t take me wrong. But it is not worthy of pathetic behavior of Philly front office.

bklynny67
06-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Lol philly fan mad cuz no one wants to play there. Good stuff.

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Man i´m not Knicks fan. I don´t like them either. But if you lose on purpose for like 3 years in the row just to get good lottery picks its a degradation of the game. Nobody, free agents or rookies, would not want to play for team like that. Winning culture is more important that some people think.
I like what is Noel showing so far, i like Embiid potencial even if he may be sitting another months on the bench and I like somewhat Saric, don´t take me wrong. But it is not worthy of pathetic behavior of Philly front office.

How bad could our culture be with a top 10 defense....the players and coach are trying like hell....most of our roster was bench players (some quite good at that role)...the players and coach tried to win every game, the GM is creating salary cap space, gathering resources, and hoping to get lucky....I don't see how things are as bad as people are saying culture wise.

I think there is a difference in the thought process between a 30 year old and a 20 year old. The 30 year old absolutely wouldn't want to come to Philadelphia right now, but a 20 year (or 24) might think they have a nice bench, they have resources, and I know I will get playing time and could be the difference maker, confidence and bravado can go a long way, especially with opportunity to play.

I think its also understood that you need to get terrible to have a shot at great in the nba or you can float between mediocre and average indefinitely.

My posts were for the smug Knicks fans (not all Knicks fans) who are trashing the Sixers for what they are doing and acting like they (meaning the Knicks) are the Lakers or Boston when they were worse then us last year and historically are not as good.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2015, 07:00 AM

Of course players will want to come to NY. Its the mecca of basketball. Look at all the top free agents they have convinced to play there over the years...

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 08:43 AM

lol and another uninformed bs post. you are on a rolllll

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Lol philly fan mad cuz no one wants to play there. Good stuff.

who doesnt want to play here? we signed more players over the last 2 seasons than any team...

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 08:54 AM
who doesnt want to play here? we signed more players over the last 2 seasons than any team...

"players"

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 09:01 AM
its like you never have seen the Knicks roster, ya know that piss poor roster that won 17 games....

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 09:13 AM
its like you never have seen the Knicks roster, ya know that piss poor roster that won 17 games....

Why you so obsessed with Knicks? Im not their fan, you are not too. You just mad that your boy Russell doesn´t want to do anything with Philly.

b-eazy19
06-23-2015, 09:17 AM

your team is fvked like bulbasaur vs charizard

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Why you so obsessed with Knicks? Im not their fan, you are not too. You just mad that your boy Russell doesn´t want to do anything with Philly.

this whole debate was about NY and the disagreement on the larger market opportunity stuff. but please feel free to show me some Russ quotes about not wanting to come to Philly.

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 09:59 AM
this whole debate was about NY and the disagreement on the larger market opportunity stuff. but please feel free to show me some Russ quotes about not wanting to come to Philly.

"Sixers team suckz azz and neither I or anybody in the league don´t want to play here." D´Angelo Russell

DarkKnight
06-23-2015, 10:26 AM
"Sixers team suckz azz and neither I or anybody in the league don´t want to play here." D´Angelo Russell

Ha ha :laugh:

PhillyFaninLA
06-23-2015, 10:29 AM

Wow, before I put you on my ignore list....are you 5....you have to make up a quote to try and sound cool to strangers on the internet, rather than try and defend your trollish view.....I hope find things in your life to grow you up....reply if you need the last word because this is just sad and no worth my time.

I feel sorry for you, I truly do, now welcome to my ignore list.

Back on topic....this story has already been publicly refuted and that fact has been mentioned numerous times and he has worked out for Sixers after this topic was made.

MonroeFAN
06-23-2015, 10:37 AM
So you guys developed MCW when shooting was his biggest weakness, and that wasn't even close to being developed.

Developed McDaniels only to trade him

Developed Ish Smith (:laugh2:), we did the same with Langston Galloway, an undrafted FA who made second rookie team, does that count as developing. I'll give you Noel but that's pretty much it

So basically you develop players then trade him, and with team/organization that accepts losing and is proud of it if I'm Russell I wouldn't want to think going to Philly...

Noel averaged 10 & 8 on one of the worst teams of all time. Don't give him anything.

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 10:41 AM
if the Sixers were one of the worst of all time then what were the Wolves and Knicks?

stop looking at stats Noel was a beast on defense.

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 10:41 AM

well i win. peace out

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 12:53 PM
if the Sixers were one of the worst of all time then what were the Wolves and Knicks?

stop looking at stats Noel was a beast on defense.

Langston Galloway was beast defensively himself and average 11, 4 & 4 as an undrafted FA rookie, should I label him cornerstone piece to building a championship team?

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 12:59 PM
yea sure he was comparable to Noels impact who led a top 10 D and had every major media outlet pushing him as the "real ROY"

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Yet he was 200 pts behind Mirotic and 500 behind Wiggins who were CLEARLY better and not too far behind him in voting, yeah Elfred Payton, the PG you guys traded

And led a top 10 D only to accumulate 1 more win than the Knicks who had the worst defense and Melo missing half the season. But hey players are lining up to play with Noel!

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-23-2015, 01:40 PM
If Russell slips to the 6th pick, wow. That would be awesome. No chance the Knicks would pass on him though.

Aust
06-23-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't blame him. His preference won't change anything though.

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Yet he was 200 pts behind Mirotic and 500 behind Wiggins who were CLEARLY better and not too far behind him in voting, yeah Elfred Payton, the PG you guys traded

And led a top 10 D only to accumulate 1 more win than the Knicks who had the worst defense and Melo missing half the season. But hey players are lining up to play with Noel!

lol come on i know you are better than this. Noel was breaking records left and right during the season, you cant be this ignorant? But players have been really lining up to play in NY all these years too right?

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 02:43 PM
lol come on i know you are better than this. Noel was breaking records left and right during the season, you cant be this ignorant? But players have been really lining up to play in NY all these years too right?

Breaking records for an 18 win team isn't that hard, and last I check almost every superstar/FA has NY as one of their destination. I haven't seen one superstar mention Philly but hey with Noel, if I'm a rookie I would like to play with a defensive big

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 02:54 PM
yet none of them end up there....

no superstar at present should be talking about coming here and I sure havent heard any talk about going to NY this season either, for good reason.

oh and here, enjoy.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nerlens-noel-the-other-rookie-of-the-year/

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Nice read, funny thing is I can do the same for just about any player

Here's one on Galloway

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/undrafted-langston-galloway-making-mark-with-knicks-has-sights-set-even-higher/

And as far as stars stating they want to come here and player, it's. Players from

Durant
Monroe
LaMarcus
Carroll (who said he loved to play for the Knicks)
Danny Green

Just to name a few, now whether we're high in their list or low the point is where in the discussion. so my question is has any stars/FA even mention Philly as a destination?

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 03:19 PM
again who has actually made their way to the knicks? yea players say all the time they would like to play in x city when asked publicly on the record theyre not idiots and will bash the team/city. NY is the top market so these players get asked that all the time, that mixed with the illusion the knicks can actually make it happen every year.

also im a big Galloway fan he played college locally im happy he is succeeding but again you cant be that ignorant to compare the impact of the two especially if you read both those articles.

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 03:33 PM
I never said we landed them, I'm talking them mentioning us as a destination. So my question is how many stars have mentioned Philly?

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Noel averaged 10 & 8 on one of the worst teams of all time. Don't give him anything.

Nerlens Noel can't score. Therefore = bad.

I like how you choose to ignore the fact that he ranked:

#10 Steals per game
#7 Blocks per game (only player in top 10 in both blocks and steals)
#8 Defensive Rating
#11 Defensive Win Shares
#4 Defensive Box +/-

He was near the top in every defensive category and helped push the dreadful Sixers to a top 10 defensive team in the league.

I highly doubt most of the posters on here have seen Noel play more than a handful of games (which is understandable because, really, who wants to watch the Sixers?) but his impact on the defensive end is immense for a player his age.

He has a rare knack for being able to both block shots like a center and play passing lanes like a guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZ0H-lEvb0

MassoDio
06-23-2015, 03:40 PM
I never said we landed them, I'm talking them mentioning us as a destination. So my question is how many stars have mentioned Philly?

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I am just trying to figure out why the bold matters at all, if the players don't end up signing there...

I mean seriously...to me...it means absolutely nothing that players mention the Knicks, if they don't end up signing there.

This argument just seems to be really silly and pointless. Both teams are in the basement. Both teams need to build. Who cares which team has players "mentioning" them and which doesn't if the end result ends up being the same?

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2015, 03:53 PM
I don't really have a dog in this fight. I am just trying to figure out why the bold matters at all, if the players don't end up signing there...

I mean seriously...to me...it means absolutely nothing that players mention the Knicks, if they don't end up signing there.

This argument just seems to be really silly and pointless. Both teams are in the basement. Both teams need to build. Who cares which team has players "mentioning" them and which doesn't if the end result ends up being the same?

Agreed.

Clearly, more stars pick NYC over Philly because its a bigger market and players want to live in NY over Philly. Philly doesn't have the benefit of attracting free agents on location alone, which is why we're tanking in the first place.

There's a reason the big 3 chose to team up in Miami instead of Cleveland. Certain cities (LA, NY, Miami) are more desirable for young/prime athletes than others. If I were a young millionaire i'd want to go to the aforementioned cities because of the weather, media attention, and women.

Not that hard to understand and certainly nothing to brag about.

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 04:00 PM

It means you have a shot, just like how Melo, Amare and Chandler wanted to play here and did. One of main reasons we probably couldn't land a couple of more players is because we didn't have the cap space. You might not land everyone but you have a shot. I'm pretty sure Durant, Monroe etc would rather play for the Knicks than the Sixers. Even though I hate Melo let's face it he's better than EVERYONE on the Sixers roster, for a loser since 2 on 5 calls him that, ever since he entered the league in 2003 he's teams done more in the regular season and post season than the 76's in that span

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2015, 04:23 PM
It means you have a shot, just like how Melo, Amare and Chandler wanted to play here and did. One of main reasons we probably couldn't land a couple of more players is because we didn't have the cap space. You might not land everyone but you have a shot. I'm pretty sure Durant, Monroe etc would rather play for the Knicks than the Sixers. Even though I hate Melo let's face it he's better than EVERYONE on the Sixers roster, for a loser since 2 on 5 calls him that, ever since he entered the league in 2003 he's teams done more in the regular season and post season than the 76's in that span

At this point, easily, yes. The Sixers foundation consists of Noel and a questionable Embiid. There are other nice young players on the roster like Wroten, Covington, and Jerami Grant, but they have a long way to go.

Things may change after this draft, but if I'm a player in my prime, i'd rather sign with the Knicks over Sixers because they have a proven star and are aiming for the a playoff push next season while the Sixers are still rebuilding and have at least one more season of tanking to go.

But again, why is this anything to brag about? Why does this matter?

Also, I don't get why Laker or Knicks fans are bashing the Sixers when they tanked as well last year. Is it because the Sixers have been doing it for an entire year longer? (Jrue Holiday was traded in the 2013 draft, that's 2 years ago exactly. People act like the Sixer's have been tanking for years.)

The only reason the Lakers and Knicks will be able to bounce back quickly is because they are prime locations for superstar athletes/free agents. L.A has the hollywood glamour and weather, NYC has the media attention and big city lifestyle.

It has nothing to do with better management or basketball ingenuity, it's solely because free agents want to live in those cities more than Philly, and because both the Laker's and Knicks have aging superstars that are in win now mode.

It's pretty clear that different locations require different strategies.

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Wow, before I put you on my ignore list....are you 5....you have to make up a quote to try and sound cool to strangers on the internet, rather than try and defend your trollish view.....I hope find things in your life to grow you up....reply if you need the last word because this is just sad and no worth my time.

I feel sorry for you, I truly do, now welcome to my ignore list.

Back on topic....this story has already been publicly refuted and that fact has been mentioned numerous times and he has worked out for Sixers after this topic was made.

Im nor 5 im just amazed that you dont realize that your team is doin it wrong and destroy its good reputation. Your team is trash and your arguments arent much better

Cal827
06-23-2015, 05:28 PM

#10 Steals per game
#8 Defensive Rating
#11 Defensive Win Shares
#4 Defensive Box +/-

He was near the top in every defensive category and helped push the dreadful Sixers to a top 10 defensive team in the league.

I highly doubt most of the posters on here have seen Noel play more than a handful of games (which is understandable because, really, who wants to watch the Sixers?) but his impact on the defensive end is immense for a player his age.

He has a rare knack for being able to both block shots like a center and play passing lanes like a guard.

I've seen him play a bit, and this guy has Defensive Anchor in the making. He was incredible on the defensive end last season for a guy who just came into the league. New Orleans is gonna be left thinking of how a Davis-Noel Front Court could've been. :laugh2:

MassoDio
06-23-2015, 06:04 PM

I get the sentiment...I am a Bulls fan. Large market, great city, "more opportunities". (I put that in quotation marks because that is largely over exaggerated and over-used.)

There have been plenty of big name players over the years that have said they would love to play for the Bulls, and have even flirted with the team in free agency. But they never sign. So to me...the fact that they show interest, means absolutely zero. If they don't sign, it means nothing that they were interested. It seems more like a line fed to fans so that they can feel better about their team's chances. Or it is a large city elitist mentality that takes no consideration into the reality of what has been going on with the team for decades.

Amare signed. Great. He wasn't worth signing. Melo was traded for, he wasn't signed. (Though I know he would have signed there regardless, and would have been better off signing there instead of being traded for.) Melo was a home town guy though. And he has not been able to lead them anywhere. Not completely his fault, but still the reality. Chandler is a role player. Top of the line role player, but a role player non-the less. I wouldn't use him as an example.

Look, the Bulls are in the same situation, maybe worse. (Except for last season after losing out on Melo and lucking into one of the best signings of the off-season in a rejuvenated Gasol.) So I understand the thought process. The thought process just hasn't really panned out to real life signings of free agents. Otherwise, the Knicks would be a perennial playoff team, not picking 4th, when they should have actually been picking AHEAD of the 76ers.

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2015, 06:59 PM
I get the sentiment...I am a Bulls fan. Large market, great city, "more opportunities". (I put that in quotation marks because that is largely over exaggerated and over-used.)

There have been plenty of big name players over the years that have said they would love to play for the Bulls, and have even flirted with the team in free agency. But they never sign. So to me...the fact that they show interest, means absolutely zero. If they don't sign, it means nothing that they were interested. It seems more like a line fed to fans so that they can feel better about their team's chances. Or it is a large city elitist mentality that takes no consideration into the reality of what has been going on with the team for decades.

Amare signed. Great. He wasn't worth signing. Melo was traded for, he wasn't signed. (Though I know he would have signed there regardless, and would have been better off signing there instead of being traded for.) Melo was a home town guy though. And he has not been able to lead them anywhere. Not completely his fault, but still the reality. Chandler is a role player. Top of the line role player, but a role player non-the less. I wouldn't use him as an example.

Look, the Bulls are in the same situation, maybe worse. (Except for last season after losing out on Melo and lucking into one of the best signings of the off-season in a rejuvenated Gasol.) So I understand the thought process. The thought process just hasn't really panned out to real life signings of free agents. Otherwise, the Knicks would be a perennial playoff team, not picking 4th, when they should have actually been picking AHEAD of the 76ers.

You using the Bulls makes my point actually, the only reason you guys didn't sign Melo is because you didn't have the cap space hints why he signed for nearly the max to come back here. But yet you did sign Gasol... And if you guys had more cap space you would be in line to sign more than enough quality FA/stars. And that's one of the issues, cap space yet the Sixers have been sitting on a boat load of money but stars/FA aren't lining up to player there and rightfully so.

MassoDio
06-23-2015, 07:13 PM
You using the Bulls makes my point actually, the only reason you guys didn't sign Melo is because you didn't have the cap space hints why he signed for nearly the max to come back here. But yet you did sign Gasol... And if you guys had more cap space you would be in line to sign more than enough quality FA/stars. And that's one of the issues, cap space yet the Sixers have been sitting on a boat load of money but stars/FA aren't lining up to player there and rightfully so.

The Bulls signed Gasol yes....but how many free agents have they missed on since Jordan left? That's my point. Getting one guy, or having players show interest, does not make you a top free agent destination. It makes you a negotiating ploy.

KB24PG16
06-23-2015, 07:19 PM
if embiid and russell pan out and become something a russell/embiid combo could be deadly

MonroeFAN
06-23-2015, 07:51 PM

#10 Steals per game
#8 Defensive Rating
#11 Defensive Win Shares
#4 Defensive Box +/-

Dude Noel is a solid player and should be an elite defender. Doesn't change the fact that the post I was quoting suggested that phili's plan "worked" for him. How did it work for him? He is limited still and his abilities aren't game changing.

Looks like he's gonna get traded, :-0

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Dude Noel is a solid player and should be an elite defender. Doesn't change the fact that the post I was quoting suggested that phili's plan "worked" for him. How did it work for him? He is limited still and his abilities aren't game changing.

Alright, well I guess wehave differing opinions on what defines "game-changing". I certainly see him as a game-changer with his defense.

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 08:29 PM

but Melo to Chicago was to win not bcuz of the city. Who are the Sixers supposed to spend money on the last 2 years there has no one worth it available. We got to this point bcuz the old FO just signed guys to compete to get swept at the 7 or 8 seed.

5ass
06-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Not a good look for the sixers

This isn't great. Not only is it poor form in general to be violation of the CBA at the expense of the players, the main reason the league exists and thrives, it also puts the Sixers in a bad position in the future in terms of their relationship with agents. If the team is having trouble at this stage of their rebuilding process with agents, it's hard to imagine those agents and their clients ignoring this all once the Sixers attempt to actual start signing relevant free agents

See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/nbpa-researching-possible-sixers-cba-violations-361638.html#sthash.CFd4WW2r.dpuf

sixer04fan
06-23-2015, 09:59 PM
This thread would've died after 1 page if Sixers fans didn't keep responding and fighting back lol. Damn. Let them believe every rumor they read on the Internet. Let them waste their energy talking trash about us. Who cares? Nobody's changing their opinion no matter what's true or false. Let it go

2-ONE-5
06-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Not a good look for the sixers

See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/nbpa-researching-possible-sixers-cba-violations-361638.html#sthash.CFd4WW2r.dpuf

there is no actual violation from our understanding.

5ass
06-23-2015, 10:50 PM
there is no actual violation from our understanding.

Doesn't really matter. Still not a good look.

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Doesn't really matter. Still not a good look.

it will be forgotten about in a few weeks. these type of things come up all the time in pro sports. its over offering 4 year non guaranteed deals, not really a big deal since we cant force anyone to sign those offers.

MonroeFAN
06-24-2015, 09:26 AM

Alright, well I guess wehave differing opinions on what defines "game-changing". I certainly see him as a game-changer with his defense.

Game changing to me is impacting the result of the entire game (not just play by play). I can appreciate that he didn't have much of a cast around him, but it's still not a valid point yet.

5ass
06-24-2015, 01:48 PM
it will be forgotten about in a few weeks. these type of things come up all the time in pro sports. its over offering 4 year non guaranteed deals, not really a big deal since we cant force anyone to sign those offers.

Forgotten by me and you, but its different for the NBPA and agents.

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 02:12 PM
doubt it. its not like agents are going to try and stop their guys from signing a future max deal here bcuz we offered one of their d-league slob clients a non guaranteed deal x years prior.

5ass
06-24-2015, 08:41 PM
doubt it. its not like agents are going to try and stop their guys from signing a future max deal here bcuz we offered one of their d-league slob clients a non guaranteed deal x years prior.

I don't know, I can see agents discouraging players from signing with them. Its the agents who complained to the NBPA about this which caused an investigation to be opened.

2-ONE-5
06-24-2015, 09:28 PM
yea but in the end money talks and these agents arent going to care when it comes time for their guys to get paid. the guys getting these offers are players who wouldnt even be given a chance by the rest of the league and likely wont be in the NBA again. Im also not sure who were offered these deals to in the first place

5ass
06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Apparently they're not just investigating that.

While the 76ers may not have violated the terms of the CBA, the NBPA alleges the team has not abided by the "spirit of negotiating." ****** reported Philly kept its payroll below the so-called "floor" (90 percent of the cap) in each of the past two seasons before making late additions. Teams must reach the floor by their last regular-season game
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-24/nbpa-philadelphia-76ers-salary-cap-violation-investigation-floor-90-percent

All I'm saying is its not good to be on bad terms with the agents and NBPA.

2-ONE-5
06-25-2015, 08:45 AM
i know what you're saying and in the short term you're right but really short term. As for the cap floor stuff thats not a violation either the rules dont state you have to reach it just that if you dont you must distribute the difference to your final roster at seasons end. Part of our rebuild is to not waste money on role player/vet talent until our core is constructed and that is how you find guys like Robert Covington who looks like a keeper in the league now. Wouldnt you rather the Magic have passed on Frye and just gave a shot to someone like Whiteside instead?

NYKnickFanatic
06-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Was listening to ESPN this morning, they said a lot of the players agents are telling the 6ers not to draft them.

DarkKnight
06-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Was listening to ESPN this morning, they said a lot of the players agents are telling the 6ers not to draft them.

Amazing how that team has fallen from the AI days or even Moses Malone

NYKnickFanatic
06-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Amazing how that team has fallen from the AI days or even Moses Malone

They were saying they don't want their player going there because the 6ers are unclear of what they want to do.

2-ONE-5
06-25-2015, 11:08 AM
any late draftees should be praying to come here and actually get a chance to play. We wont be running through as many players for auditions this year at least it looks like.

cdhjgj
06-25-2015, 11:39 AM
I would rather play for the Knicks or Lakers too... http://insuranceautocars.com/insurance/images/42.gif http://alturl.com/kbrbo

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Apparently they're not just investigating that.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-06-24/nbpa-philadelphia-76ers-salary-cap-violation-investigation-floor-90-percent

All I'm saying is its not good to be on bad terms with the agents and NBPA.

There's a report Jahlil Okafor agent told the 76ers not to draft him if he falls

Aust
06-25-2015, 02:46 PM
There's a report Jahlil Okafor agent told the 76ers not to draft him if he falls

I wouldn't blame him especially with that Embiid situation.

2-ONE-5
06-25-2015, 02:48 PM
he wont be there to draft but its understandable due to our C situation already. Doesnt mean we would listen if the opportunity presented itself. For all we know it was just made up by someone in the NY camp

Silent
06-25-2015, 04:40 PM
This has to be ******** Philly has a brighter future then the lakers i rather play for philly

Pakman
06-25-2015, 04:50 PM
This has to be ******** Philly has a brighter future then the lakers i rather play for philly
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]